Pablo Daniel Osvaldo (90+4′)

May 11, 2014 - 5:45 PM
Olimpico Stadium — Rome
Referee:‬ Carmine Russo
Attendance:‬ 39000‎

Initial reaction and random observations

4rxkzt.jpg

May 11, 2014

Dan Osvaldo's 75th-minute substitution was greeted by a ton of jeers and boos as he stepped onto the field for the first time against his former team. With Osvaldo touching the ball only 10 times in his 20 minutes on the field, it's not like the Roma tifo had a lot of chances to continue their verbal pleasantries with Jack Sparrow's doppelganger.

But his final touch of the game, oh man.

And the boos — or dead shock of the moment — was the most gratifying of them all.

Osvaldo's last-second strike was the difference in Juventus' 1-0 win over Roma on Sunday evening at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. Not a bad time for your first league goal of the season. It's one thing for Osvaldo to come on against the team he was playing with this team last season, but to kill them off at the death with the game-winning goal? That's pretty troll worthy — both from Antonio Conte and the player hismelf.

And you thought Simone Padoin scoring the game-winning goal last week was the ultimate troll job.

OptaPaolo @OptaPaolo
99 - Juventus have taken 99 points in the league this term, a record in the Serie A history. Supremacy.

Juventus' win meant exactly the tweet says above — they've set a new Serie A single-season record for points. I will just leave it at this: We can say how the league is down and blah blah blah, but any time you can dethrone a record that was last held by Inter Milan, you've done good work eliminating evil from this world we live in.

And with the chance for triple digits next weekend in the season finale at Juventus Stadium, I have a feeling there's one more thing that want to try and achieve this season.

Oh, and they're going to party some more. Because there is a certain trophy for Gigi Buffon to lift over his head again. That should be fun to watch, too, just in case you were wondering.

Random thoughts and observations

• Marco Storari is my man of the match against Roma. I won't go on and on before declaring it. Juventus' backup keeper was simply awesome on Sunday. WhoScored has him making seven saves, and that sounds about right to me. It seemed as though about half of those were pretty high-quality saves, too.

It feels like I've seen Storari going beast mode against Roma before...

Ah, that's right. Not a bad guy to have for a backup goalkeeper. What a luxury to have him around.

• Juventus are on a two-game winning streak with Simone Padoin in the starting lineup. I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin', people.

#NoPadoinNoParty

• The talk now will be whether Juventus should keep Osvaldo. I mean, what else do you expect the Italian press to do, talk about Antonio Conte leaving? Oh, they're already doing that.

But there will probably be some Osvaldo-related rumors floated out there in the next few days. There's no way in hell Juventus should pay to initial fee €19 million that came with Osvaldo when he arrived on loan. Say Beppe Marotta is able to cut a good number of millions off of that total, would you go for it? Feel free to go ahead and discuss.

• I love Fernando Llorente, I really do. But he really should have scored one of those chances in the first half, shouldn't he? At least the man who replaced him was able to snatch the goal and the three points.

• Who the hell is Lukasz Skorupski and why was he trying to out-do Marco Storari between the sticks? How rude.

• Whoever is Radja Nainggolan's barber, they should be looking for a new job soon. Unless that "haircut" was Radja's choice, of course. Either way, that was ...interesting.

http://www.goal.com/en/results-standings/69/italy-serie-a/table?ICID=SP_TN_111

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Pogba: Juventus now want
to reach 100 points

The Serie A champions beat Roma on Sunday and the Frenchman
is determined to end the season on a high next week.

2nicot0.jpg

May 11, 2014

Paul Pogba says Juventus have set their sights on reaching the 100-point mark in Serie A this season following their 1-0 away win over Roma on Sunday.

A single Pablo Osvaldo strike in the dying seconds of the match at the Stadio Olimpico saw Juve emerge victorious and move to 99 points form 37 games and they are determined to add three more points to their tally against Cagliari next week.

"Collecting 100 points wasn’t our original aim, that was winning the Scudetto," Pogba told reporters.

"We’re going for it now though and I think we can do it."

Pogba then went on to admit that Roma made life hard for Juventus, but he feels the reigning champions showed they are a great team.

"We demonstrated once again that we’re a great team, because it wasn’t an easy game.

“We were up against a good side, one of the best in Italy, so we’re happy to have got the result."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Garcia: 'Loss doesn't change Roma'

j8ze52.jpg
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!

May 11, 2014

Rudi Garcia insists the defeat to Juventus “doesn’t change the extraordinary season” Roma have had.

The showdown at the Olimpico had been moving towards a goalless draw before Daniel Osvaldo netted deep into stoppages.

“We had the best chance to score and didn’t take it. When it’s 0-0 anything can happen,” Coach Garcia told Sky Sport Italia.

“This doesn’t change the extraordinary season we’ve had, I am truly happy with this campaign and hope we can set this appointment to face Juve again next year.”

Morgan De Sanctis was injured, so Polish 23-year-old goalkeeper Lukasz Skorupski had his first Serie A start.

“We knew he was very good, but he needs to play so we can see how he handles the pressure. Tonight in front of 60,000 people against the Serie A leaders was a tough test and he passed it.”

Mattia Destro returned after a four-match ban and struggled to make an impact, as his World Cup call is still in the balance.

“It’s only normal after a four-match ban to not be in perfect shape. A few of my players were lacking match fitness, including Michel Bastos, and it showed.

Miralem Pjanic has signed a contract extension and Roma will now negotiate a new deal with Garcia.

“This is not the time to talk about that. I can’t wait to run round the pitch and thank the fans, because they deserve it. Right, I have to go and celebrate!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Conte: 'I'd evaluate projects'

200saoy.jpg

May 11, 2014

Antonio Conte said he will “clarify” his Juventus position and then potentially “evaluate other projects that intrigue me.”

The Coach spoke to Sky Sport Italia after a 1-0 victory away to Roma, which took them to 99 points.

“We certainly have a lot to celebrate, as this is an incredible campaign. We’ve beaten Roberto Mancini’s Inter record of Serie A points and it will be tough for anyone to match.

“We’ve beaten our direct antagonists on their home turf, a splendid Roma side that kept us alive with the right fear and respect throughout the season. Only a great Juve could’ve maintained this tempo and we’re proud to have done it.

“Juventus are coming off a three-year winning era, which is historic, and I am very proud to be the Coach of these splendid players.

“Not even if my wildest dreams did I expect this the moment I sat on the Juventus bench for the first time. We broke all the records and there’s one more game to go.

“The team is still alive and kicking despite a few nights out recently...”

Conte has refused to commit his future to Juventus and was asked directly why he’d want to leave Turin.

“I repeat, these three years have been fantastic and I asked so much from these players, who gave me everything I wanted.

“These things go in cycles and I’ve already told the club what I think. We will soon clarify the situation. I give everything each year to every club I have worked for, as it’s part of my character. I am passionate about this sport, want to learn and grow day by day.

“It is extremely difficult to do better than what we’ve achieved in three years, for us and for the teams who follow us.

“In Europe I believe Juventus are worth at least top eight in the Champions League and top four in the Europa League. I don’t sell false hope to fans, as I am a realist and need to point out it’s very difficult to do better than that.

“We have to see if it’s possible to do better than this. I have some doubts on that.”

Conte has been linked with Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain, but confirmed he’s unlikely to take a year off.

“There will be clarity over my position at Juventus over the next few days. I generally don’t agree with a Sabbatical, but if there was a unity of ideas to leave with great affection and respect, then I would evaluate other projects that intrigue me.

“Obviously, if I don’t have any offers that interest me then I’d stay home, but after two or three months I’d start driving my family crazy!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

All bark, no bite: Roma lack
Juventus' killer instinct

The Giallorossi were arguably the better team in their 1-0 defeat to Antonio Conte's men
on Sunday but once again showed they are not quite at the champions' level.

33ma34g.jpg

May 11, 2014

Roma have had a brilliant season, casting aside their sleeping giants tag, but Sunday's last-minute defeat to Juventus was evidence that they have some way to go before being the Bianconeri's equals.

A cacophony of boos greeted Pablo Osvaldo on to the pitch when Antonio Conte sent him on with the tie looking destined for a 0-0 stalemate. Perhaps motivated by the negative reception from the Stadio Olimpico faithful he ditched for Southampton last summer, he gladly accepted the role of villain by scoring the winner with practically the last kick of the game.

Grinning with masochistic delight as the loanee walked on to the pitch he spent two years playing at regularly, Osvaldo did not see much of the ball but deep in stoppage-time ruined Roma's final home game of the season by striking smoothly into the top corner from inside the box.

As they watched their former hero hold his hand up his ear, Roma fans must have wondered how differently their season could have ended had they kept up the stunning start to 2013-14 they unexpectedly showed.

Their incredible winning streak - 10 wins in a row from the opening game - saw them sit at the top of the league for a long while, threatening to usurp Juve as kings of Italy.

But draws became commonplace for the Giallorossi, while Juve were typically ruthless, winning every single one of their home games and only dropping points in five Serie A matches heading into the Stadio Olimpico clash.

And, again, Roma's lack of bite was evident on Sunday. The hosts were arguably the better team on the evening, threatening stand-in Bianconeri shot-stopper Marco Storari on a number of occasions, yet they could not break the deadlock.

Vasilis Torosidis put the ball in the back of the net but it was correctly disallowed as the defender had clearly scored (albeit accidentally) with his hand, Gervinho fluffed a one-on-one chance as half-time lingered and substitute Alessandro Florenzi was unfortunate to be denied a rebound goal late on.

But, thanks to Osvaldo's first Serie A goal of the season, Juve provided a timely reminder that it is small margins which ultimately decide title winners. Roma simply have not shown that killer instinct which the Scudetto holders have in abundance.

It is far from a bleak future for Rudi Garcia's men, however. Miralem Pjanic's new deal - announced just before kick-off - is brilliant news considering the super 12 months he has enjoyed and the midfielder was probably the best player on the pitch on Sunday.

Gervinho has shed his Arsenal skin and shown why the Gunners splashed out for him in the first place by shining under his former Lille coach Garcia in a Giallorossi shirt.

Marshalled in midfield by Daniele de Rossi, the capital club definitely could fight for the title until the last day next year if they bolster up their squad in the summer, patch up their weak spots and learn to finish off teams.

But this Serie A season has once again belonged to Juventus as they sit one win or draw away from becoming the first Italian team to break the 100-point barrier.

They might be their equals in the near future, but for now Roma will have to accept that they and everyone else in the league remain in Juve's shadow.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Pogba: 'Juve are the best'

21ct6k8.jpg

May 11, 2014

Paul Pogba said the 1-0 win over Roma proved Juventus “are the strongest team in Italy. Now we want 100 points.”

The Bianconeri had already secured the Scudetto and looked set for a 0-0 draw at the Stadio Olimpico until Daniel Osvaldo’s 94th minute winner.

“We proved that we are a great team, the strongest in Italy,” Pogba told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was not an easy game against one of the best sides in Serie A, so we are happy with this great result.”

Juventus are now on 99 points, a new Serie A record, and can become the first team to reach triple figures.

“100 points was not our primary objective, as we wanted to win the Scudetto. Now that we are here, we can’t wait to clamber over that final wall.”
Pogba was asked about his future amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Real Madrid and more.

“I am happy at Juve. I am just focused on finishing the season well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Chiellini: 'I didn't elbow Pjanic'

kcbkgz.jpg

May 11, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini insists he did not purposefully elbow Miralem Pjanic. “I was just trying to block him.”

The Juventus defender was in the wall awaiting an Andrea Pirlo free kick when caught on camera raising an elbow to Pjanic’s face in the 1-0 win over Roma.

“It was a manly game with some determined challenges from both sides,” Chiellini told Mediaset Premium and Sky Sport Italia.

“I apologised to Pjanic for the contact, but there are no problems between us. In games like this I’ve given a few knocks and received quite a few as well.

“I wasn’t trying to elbow him, as I was just trying to block him from moving out of the wall, the same way you do in basketball. We were jostling each other, the referee saw and evaluated everything.

“You can’t say that just glancing by someone is the same as punching them in the face. People are trying to build up controversy that doesn’t exist.”

Nonetheless, the incident could be put forward as video evidence for the Disciplinary Commission with the risk of a three-match ban.

It also threatens to break Cesare Prandelli’s Code of Ethics for the Italy squad ahead of the World Cup.

However, if the referee did indeed evaluate it and write this into his report, then video evidence becomes inadmissible.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Conte open to Juventus exit

The Italian has strongly hinted that the current campaign could be
his last with the club and revealed he will clarify his future soon.

5zejp5.jpg

May 11, 2014

Antonio Conte has admitted he will consider "other projects" after Juventus saw off Roma 1-0 on Sunday.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo came off the bench to score a last-gasp winner against his former club as Juve moved on to 99 points with a game still to play, two better than the landmark set by Inter in 2006-07.

With a third top-flight title under his belt, Conte has emerged as one of Europe's leading coaches and is likely to attract attention from some of the continent's other top clubs.

He told Sky Sport Italia: "I repeat, these three years have been fantastic and I asked so much from these players, who gave me everything I wanted.

"I generally don’t agree with a sabbatical, but if there was a unity of ideas to leave with great affection and respect, then I would evaluate other projects that intrigue me.

"These things go in cycles and I've already told the club what I think. We will soon clarify the situation."

Conte then turned his focus to celebrating another successful campaign and a victory over a Roma side he holds in the highest regard.

"We certainly have a lot to celebrate, as this is an incredible campaign," he said. "We've beaten Roberto Mancini's Inter record of Serie A points and it will be tough for anyone to match.

"We've beaten our direct rivals on their home turf, a splendid Roma side that kept us alive with the right fear and respect throughout the season. Only a great Juve could have maintained this tempo and we're proud to have done it."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Osvaldo: I’ve grown at Juve

33z8msp.jpg

May 12, 2014

Dani Osvaldo has commented on his gratitude towards Juventus, who have allowed him to “grow both as a professional and as a person.”

The striker is coming to the end of an initial six-month loan spell with the Bianconeri, after falling out of favour at Southampton.

Whilst only on the verges of first team activity with Juve, the Italy international has only positive things to say, having netted his first League goal for the club to decide their Week 37 meeting with his former side Roma.

“The goal was great, particularly because it has not been an easy year for me,” Osvaldo has considered afterwards to JTV.

“It was beautiful, especially for the celebration of my teammates, who have all come together to embrace me, the Coach included, and the staff.

“I have so much respect for everyone, this is a fantastic group, sincerely. I am honoured to be a part of this group because it has helped me to grow both as a professional and as a person, whilst this is an experience that I will never forget in my life.

“This Juve are now part of history? Yes, this is what we were aiming for [the points record], the most important thing. I believe that getting into the history at a club like Juventus is not an every day thing, perhaps it will never happen again, to anyone, or for many years.

“So we have to enjoy this moment because we have done something spectacular.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Chiellini: Roma win
encapsulates Conte's Juventus

The Italy international has hailed the Bianconeri's coach's
fine work and is determined to reach the 100-point mark this term.

fo3fqw.jpg

May 12, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini feels Juventus' hard-fought 1-0 win over Roma on Sunday perfectly encapsulates the mentality of the Turin giants under head coach Antonio Conte.

A draw would have sufficed for the Serie A champions to keep them on track to reach the 100-point mark this term, but a late Pablo Osvaldo goal eventually saw them bag the full three points at the Stadio Olimpico.

"I think Sunday’s victory encapsulates our team under Conte," Chiellini told reporters.

“Having the strength to go on and win it in the last minute when a draw would have been enough in terms of the dream of 100 points is thanks to the desire the boss instils in us.

"We played a great game, better even than we could have expected. We were playing for pride and the chance to set a new record points tally as well as showing that we’re worthy title winners."

The defender then went on to admit that Juventus never thought they could hit 100 points this season, but insisted that they are determined to make it happen now that they've come this far.

"Honestly I didn’t believe we’d be able to do it when we started out this season because 100 really is a lot, and any slip-up in such a difficult fixture list could have put an end to it.

“Now that we’re in this position though, with the chance to achieve the objective at home, we’ll give our all to pull it off."

Juventus have collected 99 points from 37 games so far. They meet Cagliari on matchday 38.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Roma vs. Juventus:
4 Things We Learned

2a4xsi.jpg

May 12, 2014

This game could have decided the Scudetto. Instead, it had no bearing on the standings.

And yet, Juventus played with almost a full squad, and even at 0-0 for most of the match, they kept on going for the win. It was Dani Osvaldo who scored the winner right before the final whistle, picking this moment against his former team to score his first Serie A goal with the Bianconeri.

The Juventus players all ran onto the pitch to celebrate. It was like they won the title all over again, though they had won another title of sorts. They now have 99 points this season: a Serie A record. Inter had amassed 97 during the 2006-07 season.

Questions persist about the quality of opposition, whether Juventus really are as good as the stats suggest. But this is historic. This is a team that does not rest. This squad is managed by Antonio Conte, after all.

Here are several things we learned from the match that wasn’t so meaningless.

Osvaldo Makes Late Case

His buyout clause remains £15.6 million, per the BBC, and Osvaldo isn’t worth that much. He has played mostly off the bench at Juventus.

This goal was unexpected. He was all alone in the box, but he blasted the ball into the corner. The shot was actually on net.

He has put just two shots on goal in 13 attempts, per ESPN FC, in Serie A. But this was timed well. He put his hand to his ear to hear the abuse. Roma had shooed him away last year. He had fights in training, and so off he went to Southampton.

There, he had the same issues, but not so with Juventus.

Osvaldo told Juventus.com:

“The best thing was the hug from my team-mates. They were almost happier than I was! I respect my old teammates, and have many friends still in Rome, but now I’m at Juventus and I’d like to stay here, just as I’d like to go to the World Cup.”

The Back-Ups Show Their Talent

Marco Storari is simply as solid a back-up goalkeeper as you can find in Italy. We don’t hear anything negative from him. He genuinely appears happy to be playing with a championship team, as a teammate of Gianluigi Buffon.

Storari is now 37, and he was last a full-time starter with Messina from 2003-2007. He could still start elsewhere, for a lesser club, if he'd like.

But he is still sharp. In Rome, he was making superb saves. Across from him in net for Roma was Lukasz Skorupski, on the opposite end of age as well. The 23-year-old Polish international looked steady, and he gobbled up the ball and dove to save it.

Roma Still Find Positives in Season

Roma lost in the end, but coach Rudi Garcia said that the result does not “change this extraordinary season we’ve had,” as per Roma's official Twitter account. Indeed it was: a club-record haul in points (85) and a second-place finish. Roma had finished the previous three seasons sixth, seventh and sixth, respectively. They're back in the Champions League.

So the players did a lap around the Olimpico one last time this season, blasted balls into the stands and applauded the supporters. The players brought out their kids, and it was all festive.

There was one despicable sight. Some of the Roma ultras unfurled a banner: "Forza Daniele!" Daniele De Santis is the Roma ultra charged with the attempted murder of a Neapolitan last week.

Three fans were shot in the area before the Coppa Italia final. Sunday's match was pushed up three hours to avoid any problems.

Another Game, Another Record for Juventus

This season is about much more than a third straight championship. Juventus have left their mark in Italy in a way that they have not in Europe.

Next year, the Champions League has to come first. Progress has to be made, but the records here are huge: most-ever wins in a single season in club history (32); most points ever by any Serie A club (99); and a 30th title.

With a draw against Cagliari next weekend, they will reach 100 points. No other team has done that in Serie A history.

Conte is still not sure of continuing with Juventus, but he is proud. He told Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia) after the match:

“We certainly have a lot to celebrate, as this is an incredible campaign. We’ve beaten Roberto Mancini’s Inter record of Serie A points and it will be tough for anyone to match. … Not even if my wildest dreams did I expect this the moment I sat on the Juventus bench for the first time. We broke all the records and there’s one more game to go.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Title holders end Roma's
home unbeaten streak

2cfw6so.jpg

May 12, 2014

Already champions of Italy, nothing but continued success can satisfy the appetite of this Antonio Conte led Juventus.

The first team to win away to Roma, the Old Lady has now collected 99 points in the league and could well make it 102 next week at home to Cagliari. A prestigious game between the two best teams in Italy, it was tactical, it was technical and it was passionate. But it ended 1-0.

With the two best defences taking one-another on, goals were always going to be hard to come by. But Juventus were measured, precise and fluid and that's what made the difference in the capital city tonight.

A team that at times forces the issue in attack, they are never quite as devastating or as delicious to watch as when they demonstrate teamwork and work with one-another to maintain precision and accuracy to penetrate tight defences. Occupying the right positions, looking for the right man, the intelligent decisions were made for the Old Lady to score and win the match. The curse of the ex-player suggests it was always going to be Pablo Osvaldo who dealt the killer blow, much like it was Simone Padoin who managed against Atalanta.

With both sides capable in attack and defensively sound, many expected a cagey affair, two teams that simply fought in midfield. However, it was a match that perfectly demonstrated the philosophies of both sides. Roma with their pace in attack and excellent dribbles and Juventus with their masterful teamwork and fluid passing game.

Played with great intensity to laugh in the face of cliches regarding Italian nonchalance, Gervinho’s speed exposed Juve’s weakness while simultaneously showing them what they are indeed missing. Adopting a high position on the field, the Ivorian busied the Bianconeri centre-backs and waited for his team to win back possession and allow him to launch forward at high speed.

With Giorgio Chiellini grabbing a yellow card, it was difficult to commit the necessary challenges but in essence, had Gervinho possessed more intelligence and made better decisions, he would have certainly grabbed a goal for his side.

Defensively, it’s important that Juventus close up space and remain concentrated. Too often when the Giallorossi play with speed, they are capable of opening up the gaps at the back. Several Juve players went to close down the man on the ball leaving runners such as Gervinho to exploit the gap in-between the players. On one occasion, Chiellini ought to have better positioned his body to maintain awareness while Kwadwo Asamoah needed to tighten.

The Ghanian is impeccably useful in defence but he must learn to push up when the team needs another body on the wing during the attacking phase of the game. Too often Paul Pogba was left wanting, needing a man to help him stretch the Roman backline so he could penetrate the space but instead Asamoah was too deep, not pushing forward enough to lend a helping hand. By the time he did move into the right attacking positions, Rudi Garcia’s boys had already reassembled themselves to shut down any potential threat.

Roma tried in many ways to make most they had of space to volley the ball, to hit with pace but when the Bianconeri defence dropped concentration, Marco Storari was on hand to make vital saves. In fact the match was a wonderful demonstration of great goalkeeping with the Giallorossi's Lukasz Skorupski pulling off the spectacular to keep the likes of Fernando Llorente and the rest of Juve at bay.

Speaking of the Spaniard, he demonstrated all his great qualities in this important match. His wonderful turn, his ability to hold the ball and the manner in which he taunted Mehdi Benatia should have resulted in a goal. Unfortunately for him, one is quick to forget his brilliance when he surrenders possession so easily, provoking great frustration. The striker, who benefited from Carlos Tevez’s movement today will continue to grow and settle in and hopefully offer even more next season.

However, there ought to be no room for criticism on Juventus today. All their players, including Osvaldo who scored the goal in dedication to the side he has grown to love, deserve to celebrate. They won the festival of great Italian football. They will continue to accept criticism for certain European performances but domestically they are superior to the rest, both physically and psychologically. They continue to push themselves forward until the final moments of each game.

For that, the fans are grateful, appreciative of this dedicated squad and its imperious manager. In his postmatch comments, Conte implied he may explore other avenues and one has to understand his position.

The Old Lady's supporters are never satisfied and always demanding greater achievements and it's what makes the club glorious but also what makes them a difficult team to stay with. This current squad may not possess the power to compete with the world’s best but contrary to what the manager says, it is worthy of greater accomplishments should they reinforce this summer.

The midfield is outstanding, combining the skills of the three highly coveted players in the world. The backline is the one that helped Cesare Prandelli reach the Euro 2012 final and will represent Italy in Brazil while the forward line has proved exceptional for their first season in Serie A. With greater quality on the wings and more intelligence upfront, there is every reason to believe in European success in the future.

Fans pray Conte will commit. If he does, success is all but guaranteed but if he doesn’t, the Bianconeri will continue along their path and will find their way back to the top. They won before him and they will after him. It is the structure, the framework, the devotion of the great Agnelli family and the pioneering work of all who work within Juve’s walls that has put the team at the forefront of calcio and for that reason, we must trust in the vision.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Nainggolan: Juventus deserved
to win Scudetto

53nzaf.jpg

May 12, 2014

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has revealed that Juventus were worthy winners of the Scudetto.

The Bianconeri defeated Roma 1-0 on Sunday, taking their lead over the Giallorossi to 14 points, but the Belgian stated the Turin club have deserved their triumph due to their red hot form.

“Conte’s squad deserved the title,” Nainggolan told Sky Sport Italia on Sunday.

“I think that the team has had a great season and made many points, we broke the club’s point record, even though Juventus were even better.

“We must not get some games wrong next year to be able to compete more.”

Roma have collected 85 points, three more than 2007/2008 Luciano Spalletti-led squad, which previously held the club’s record, and ten more than Fabio Capello’s side that won Scudetto in 2001.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

ROMA 0 - 1 JUVENTUS

Olimpico Stadium — Rome

Prandelli defends banned Chiellini

The Italy coach's previous decisions on Daniele De Rossi and Mario Balotelli
have raised questions over whether the Juventus defender will be selected in Brazil.

10y42s6.jpg

May 12, 2014

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has indicated Giorgio Chiellini will be in his World Cup squad, despite picking up a ban for violent conduct.

Juventus defender Chiellini was slapped with a retrospective three-match ban after elbowing Miralem Pjanic in Sunday's 1-0 win over Roma.

The suspension rules the defender out of Juve's remaining Serie A fixture against Cagliari on Sunday - as well as their first two of next season.

The punishment raised doubts over the 29-year-old's involvement in Brazil, with Prandelli having previously dropped the likes of Daniele De Rossi and Mario Balotelli from his international squads due to disciplinary issues at club level.

However, the former Fiorentina boss does not believe Chiellini's actions were undertaken with violent intentions, a stance that suggests the Juve man will be named in the 30-man provisional squad on Tuesday.

Prandelli told Ansa: "I have looked again and again at what Chiellini did. For me, it is not a violent act.

"Do I expect criticism for my decision? My code of ethics has been controversial for four years!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Who is Juventus Player of the Season?

Goal nominates the top three stand-out performers for the Italian giants in 2013-14.

374735_heroa.jpg

May 13, 2014

Juventus have been creating history throughout the 2013-14 season, clinching a third successive Scudetto - only the fifth Italian team ever to do so - and smashing the Serie A all-time points record in the process.

Despite being pushed all the way by an outstanding Roma side, Antonio Conte's men have once again reigned supreme on the peninsula.

In Europe, the Bianconeri enjoyed less success. They were disappointingly dumped out of the Champions League in the group stages and were then denied a place in the Europa League final on home soil by Benfica in the semis.

But throughout the squad there were a long list of stars who contributed to another very rewarding campaign.

Below, in alphabetical order, are Goal's three nominees for Juventus' player of the season, based on their club performances in all competitions.

ANDREA PIRLO

Perhaps the most timeless footballer in circulation, Andrea Pirlo continues to delight footballing purists with his magnificence despite turning 35 this month.

The metronomic midfielder has again pulled all the strings for Juventus this season, ensuring that the brilliant trio also containing Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba has dictated the majority of matches.

But 2013-14 will be best remembered for the genius of Pirlo's free kicks. The ex-Milan hero has struck an incredible six times from dead balls in all competitions, which included memorable efforts against Fiorentina and Genoa.

There can be little doubt that Pirlo is the best free kick taker in the world and heading into the World Cup he remains one of the most loved, feared and irreplaceable players on the planet.

CARLOS TEVEZ

Despite having won successive Scudetti going into this season, Juventus possessed an undoubted weakness in attack. Alessandro Matri top-scored with just 10 goals in 2011-12, while Mirko Vucinic did so with 13 in 2012-13.

This all changed with the arrival of Carlos Tevez from Manchester City at a bargain price of just €9 million. Domestically, the Argentine has been absolutely unstoppable - forming a productive partership with fellow new arrival Fernando Llorente.

Nineteen Serie A goals tell only half the story for a forward who has scored, assisted, run, pressed and fought for every ball from the first minute until the last. Tactically he has been the perfect player for Juve - his spectacular long range strike versus AC Milan at San Siro perhaps his highlight of highlights.

The only black mark against Tevez was his failure to break his five-year European scoring drought until the semi-final Europa League loss to Benfica. But that should not disguise what a brilliant campaign the 30-year-old has had.

ARTURO VIDAL

Is there a better all-round central midfielder in the world right now than Arturo Vidal? For the third year in succession, the Chilean has underlined his class in all competitions.

Most forwards would be proud to register the 18 goals that Vidal has scored this season, let alone a midfielder whose first priority is to win the ball and who has been 'injured' for the last six weeks.

And unlike some of his team-mates, Vidal was equally brilliant in Europe - he scored five times in the Champions League group stages despite his team's early exit and added another two in the Europa League.

With the Chilean recovering from surgery, every football fan should be praying that the 26-year-old is fit enough to play at the World Cup because he would be a huge loss to the competition.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

May 18, 2014 - 3:00 PM
Juventus Stadium — Turin
Referee:‬ Mauro Bergonzi

MATCH PREVIEW

May 16, 2014

Record breakers Juventus can surpass the 100-point mark should they triumph against mid-table Cagliari.

When Pablo Osvaldo popped up seconds from the end of injury time to score his first Serie A goal for Juve, he broke a League record in the process. With that strike and three subsequent points against Roma, Juventus surpassed Inter’s record of 97 points, set in 2006-07. The new mark stands at 99.

They have one game to attain triple figures. Juventus would join Real Madrid, Barcelona and Celtic in reaching 100 points in main European leagues, yet go into the contest and Scudetto party with constant headlines surrounding Coach Antonio Conte’s future. He has been linked away from Turin, with a number of potential replacements named.

The Bianconeri go into the final game without Arturo Vidal – recovering from knee surgery – as well as Mirko Vucinic and the suspended Giorgio Chiellini. He was cited on video evidence for elbowing Miralem Pjanic last week.

Cagliari lost their last home encounter of the term against a desperate Chievo outfit last week, however their survival had been known for some time. Dario Danielli headed home the only goal of the game with less than 20 minutes remaining to give the visitors maximum points.

Ivo Pulga’s second spell on the bench has garnered four wins, steadying the Isolani ship after a downturn in form cost Diego Lopez his job in February. This includes their only away win to date, a crucial success at Genoa. Currently 15th, the Rossoblu cannot better last season’s 11th place finish, but they can leapfrog the Grifoni should results go their way.

They go to Turin without a number of players. Francesco Pisano, Matias Cabrera, Matias Vecino, Albin Ekdal, Nene and Nicola Murru are all absent through injury.

The fixture is historically slanted in Juve’s favour. They have won on 18 occasions compared to Cagliari’s two, from 33 meetings. However, the Isolani have claimed successive 1-1 draws at Juventus Stadium.

Keep an eye on: Sebastian Giovinco (Juventus) – It has been a season of contrasting fortunes for the Atomic Ant, from Juventus Stadium jeers to improved performances in the closing months. Giovinco will look to continue his recent purple patch and finish on a high, as well as add to his two goals.

Form guide: Juventus (W W W W W) Cagliari (D W W L L)

Last season: Juventus 1-1 Cagliari

Stat fact:
Should Juventus win they will become the first club in Serie A history to win every home match in a season.

JUVENTUS (probable): Storari; Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Osvaldo, Giovinco

CAGLIARI (probable): Avramov; Perico, Rossettini, Astori, Avelar; Dessena, Conti, Eriksson; Cossu; Sau, Ibarbo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

2zxt4j8.jpg

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Cagliari Updates: the Quest for 100

May 16, 2014

The final match of the season will be an unusual cross between a meaningless formality and a chance for Serie A glory.

The Bianconeri have already set the record for points in a season by reaching 99 on Sunday, but the chance to break 100 will be irresistible to Antonio Conte, especially if it’s some kind of parting gift to Juventus… actually, let not think about that.

In any event, while we shouldn’t expect this to be an astonishing all-out display of attacking prowess, we should expect Juve to do just enough to pull this out and hit 102 points, challenging every Italian team in perpetuity to “top that.”

There is very little to go on right now, but Sunday should see a very strong lineup to face Cagliari, albeit one missing two Bianconeri titans.

The big news is that Giorgio Chiellini will miss out on Cagliari, having been suspended for three matches for his elbow on Miralem Pjanic in the Roma match (he’ll sit out the first two matches of next season). The replays show nothing deserving of that kind of punishment, especially when you consider the Italian penchant for “embellishing” contact. This was likely a reactionary case of “See? We’re not favoring Juve!” logic.

The upshot is that Angelo Ogbonna or Martin Caceres will take Giorgio’s place alongside Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli. At press time it’s not certain that Gigi Buffon will be rested for a third straight week, but Marco Storari will still be a strong possibility to start.

In central midfield, the key absence will be that of Arturo Vidal, who was given leave to return to Chile while he recovers from his knee surgery. Sadly, Arturo will miss the ceremony for the Scudetto he played such an integral part in winning. Claudio Marchisio, Andrea Pirlo and Paul Pogba will make up the numbers. On the flanks, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah will be the obvious choices, unless there’s some physical issue or World Cup considerations taken into account.

In attack, although Carlos Tevez sadly won’t need to be rested for Argentina’s World Cup campaign but will be given a chance to add to his 19-goal Serie A tally. Fernando Llorente would be the logical choice to start with him, but Sunday’s hero Dani Osvaldo and the recently resurgent Sebastian Giovinco will make cases for starts. Even Mirko Vucinic and Fabio Quagliarella could see action in what will likely be their last matches as Juventus players.

Despite the absence of any pressure in this match, results from Thursday’s practice friendly with Vicenza indicate that the Bianconeri are intent on seeing out the season with goals galore (via Juventus.com):

"The goalfest began not long after the kick-off thanks to a penalty converted by Carlos Tevez, and it was soon 2-0 when Claudio Marchisio sent a delicate chip past the Vicenza goalkeeper from the edge of the area.

“The Lega Pro visitors to Juventus Center were lively and pressed the Bianconeri all over the park, but they didn’t have any greater luck in the second half as a rotated Juve XI were equally successful in front of goal.

“Dani Osvaldo netted two: the first a well-controlled lob that headed in off the bar and the second a wonderful effort hit on the turn from outside the area.

“Rounding off an enjoyable game was a goal from Fabio Quagliarella, expertly placed beyond the Vicenza goalkeeper to delight the watching public.”

So it’s likely that even if Juve take it relatively easy on Sunday, they’ll continue to press and attempt to score in bulk.

In any event, the Antonio Conte Situation will hopefully take a back seat for 90 minutes of valedictory triumph in front of an adoring partisan crowd.

FINO ALLA FINE, FORZA JUVE!!!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Juventus-Cagliari Preview:
Conte's men look to break 100-point mark

The Bianconeri are looking to round off another tremendous
Serie A season by making history against the Sardinians on Sunday.

May 17, 2014

Juventus will bring the curtain down on another fine domestic campaign by lifting the Serie A trophy against Cagliari on Sunday - and a draw would see them become the first Italian team to hit 100 poits in a season.

Antonio Conte's charges have already clinched a third straight Scudetto thanks to a dominant showing in the Italian top flight this year, losing just two league games.

Even an impressive campaign from second-placed Roma has not been enough to derail Juve's domestic dominance.

Victory for Roma this weekend would see them gain more points than Juve did in their title-winning season last year - a sign of how unrelenting the Turin club have been as they sit on the verge of surpassing the 100-point mark.

They have already broken the Serie A points record this term and being able to surpass the 100-point mark would go some way to make up for the disappointment of failing to reach the Coppa Italia and UEFA Europa League finals.

It could prove to be Conte's final game in charge, with the former Italy international having hinted at a desire for new challenges as his stock continues to rise.

"There will be clarity over my position at Juventus over the next few days," he told Sky Sport Italia after Sunday's 1-0 win over Roma.

"I generally don't agree with a sabbatical, but if there was a unity of ideas to leave with great affection and respect, then I would evaluate other projects that intrigue me."

Not since Inter won five titles in a row at the end of the last decade have one side been so dominant in Serie A and, even if Cagliari are able to stop Juve reaching a triple-digit points tally, it will change next to nothing in terms of their respective campaigns.

That said, it would represent a major scalp for Ivo Pulga's men after what has been a disappointing season that only saw them make certain of their top-flight status in recent weeks.

Following the return of Pulga as Diego Lopez's replacement in April, Cagliari produced a reasonable response, taking seven points from their first four games, but appear to have eased off of late - losing their last two outings.

Head to Head

Serie A -‎ Jan 12, 2014 - Cagliari 1 - 4 Juventus
Serie A ‎- May 11, 2013 - Juventus 1 - 1 Cagliari
Serie A ‎- Dec 21, 2012 - Cagliari 1 - 3 Juventus
Coppa Italia ‎- Dec 12, 2012 - Juventus 1 - 0 Cagliari
Serie A ‎-‎ May 6, 2012 - Cagliari 0 - 2 Juventus

Last Five Matches

JUVENTUS en_won.pngen_won.pngen_drawn.pngen_won.pngen_lost.png

May 11, 2014 - Roma 0 - 1 Juventus - Serie A
May 5, 2014 - Juventus 1 - 0 Atalanta - Serie A
May 1, 2014 - Juventus 0 - 0 Benfica - EL
Apr 28, 2014 - Sassuolo 1 - 3 Juventus - Serie A
Apr 24, 2014 - Benfica 2 - 1 Juventus - EL

CAGLIARI en_lost.pngen_lost.pngen_won.pngen_won.pngen_drawn.png

May 11, 2014 - Cagliari 0 - 1 Chievo - Serie A
May 6, 2014 - SSC Napoli 3 - 0 Cagliari - Serie A
Apr 27, 2014 - Cagliari 1 - 0 Parma - Serie A
Apr 19, 2014 - Genoa 1 - 2 Cagliari - Serie A
Apr 12, 2014 - Sassuolo 1 - 1 Cagliari - Serie A

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Juventus squad for 100 points

May 17, 2014

Juventus are without Arturo Vidal, Giorgio Chiellini and Mirko Vucinic for their potentially historic game with Cagliari.

It kicks off on Sunday at 15.00 CET.

The Bianconeri have already won the Scudetto and set a new Serie A record for points, but could become the first team ever in the Italian League to surpass 100 points.

Vidal is out following keyhole knee surgery and Vucinic is also sidelined, but Sebastian Giovinco is included despite a muscular problem.

Chiellini begins his three-match ban after he was caught on camera elbowing Roma’s Miralem Pjanic.

Juventus squad for Cagliari: Buffon, Caceres, Ogbonna, Pogba, Pepe, Marchisio, Vucinic, Tevez, Giovinco, Peluso, Llorente, Barzagli, Osvaldo, Bonucci, Padoin, Pirlo, Asamoah, Lichtsteiner, Quagliarella, Storari, Isla, Rubinho

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Pulga: 'How can we stop Juve?' .asd

May 18, 2014

Cagliari Coach Ivo Pulga admits they face a “prohibitive” task trying to stop Juventus reaching 100 points.

“It is going to be a prohibitive game for us against a very strong and highly motivated side,” said Pulga in a Press conference.

“They have three times as many points as we do and on top of that are determined to set this new all-time Serie A record. It’s not the best situation for us to be in.”

The Sardinians have secured their top flight status with Pulga brought in during the final weeks to replace sacked Diego Lopez.

“When I read that we survived because the other teams did worse, I get very angry. We picked up 39 points, so achieved the right amount all by ourselves without help from anyone else.

“It was a painful situation being fired in February as assistant manager, but it helped me to grow stronger. I will always be grateful to President Massimo Cellino, as without him I’d still be working in the youth academy.

“At the same time, I did well to make the most of the opportunity I was given.”

Pulga must do without Vlada Avramov, Eros Pisano, Matias Cabrera, Matias Vecino, Albin Ekdal, Nene and Nicola Murru.

Cagliari squad for Juventus: Carboni, Silvestri; Astori, Avelar, Bastrini, Oikonomou, Perico, Rossettini; Adryan, Conti, Cossu, Dessena, Eriksson, Tabanelli; Ibarbo, Ibraimi, Loi, Pinilla, Sau

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Juventus aiming to emulate Barcelona,
Madrid & Celtic in breaking 100-point barrier

The Bianconeri's dominance in Serie A this season has seen
them move to within one point of a magnificent century.

May 18, 2014

Juventus have 99 points and counting. Theirs has been a season to remember, with all-comers being swatted aside by the brilliant Bianconeri. Only Cagliari stand between Antonio Conte's side and a sensational century of points and a 100 per cent home record throughout the entire campaign.

While two major disappointments have been suffered in Europe, Italy just hasn't been able to keep up with the pace of the Turin outfit, and, as long as they don't lose at Juventus Stadium on Sunday, they are set to join a select band of teams who have chalked up 100 points in a European season.
Of course, they have already surpassed the Italian record, overcoming the 97-point season of Inter in 2006-07. That felt particularly good for Juventini, stung by the circumstances which saw their side relegated to Serie B while their biggest enemies were busy securing win after win in a weakened top flight. But now they have a third straight title in the bag, nothing less than three figures will do.

EUROPE'S POINTS RECORDS

103 (2001-02) Celtic
100 (2012-13) Barcelona
100 (2011-12) Real Madrid
99 (2009-10) Barcelona
99 (2013-14) JUVENTUS
98 (1978-79) Liverpool
97 (2002-03) Celtic
97 (2006-07) Inter
97 (2002-03) Rangers
97 (1960-61) Tottenham

Last Sunday's victory over Roma not only saw them pass Inter's Italian record, but also saw them leapfrog Rangers' and Celtic's 2002-03 mark of 97, which saw the Scottish Premier League title remarkably won by a single goal by Alex McLeish's Gers.

And while only two points were awarded for victories before the 1982-83 season in England, the Bianconeri have passed the records of Tottenham's double winners in 1960-61 and an all-conquering Liverpool outfit of 1978-79 even taking three-point wins into account.

However, Conte's side still have four teams ahead of them on the points scale.
They currently sit level with Pep Guardiola's Barcelona team of 2009-10, who recorded 99 points to secure a second successive La Liga crown. Lionel Messi scored 34 goals for a Barca side who actually trailed Real Madrid in the title race going into the final eight rounds of the campaign, but their superior consistency over the entire season proved too much to handle.

Madrid made a fantastic response two years later, with Jose Mourinho's side becoming the first Spanish club to record 100 points in a season on their way to a first league title in four years. Beyond the points tally, Madrid also recorded new highs for goals scored (121), goal difference (+89), away wins (16) and total wins (32) in a Spanish league campaign. While Cristiano Ronaldo fell short of Lionel Messi's Pichichi-winning total of 50 goals, his 46 came as part of a magnificent team effort.

Not to be outdone, Barcelona racked up 100 points of their own the following season, with the late Tito Vilanova and his deputy Jordi Roura ensuring that the coach's health issues did not knock their side off course as they swept their way to the Liga title. Whereas in their 99-point run of three years previous the title race was long and fraught, this time Barca led from the front throughout the campaign, and eventually finished 15 points ahead of arch-rivals Madrid.

But while Juve could well surpass all three of those Spanish returns with a victory over Cagliari, the record set by Celtic in 2001-02 cannot be overcome just yet.

Twelve months before their dramatic last-day title heartbreak, they had run away with the Scottish Premier League crown, registering 103 points on the way to a 38th national championship. A record of 33 wins and just one defeat in 38 games led them to an 18-point margin over second-placed Rangers, while their 18 goals conceded and 94 scored saw them finish with both the best defence and best attack. They also boasted the league's two highest goalscorers, with John Hartson's 19-goal return being bettered only by the 29 of team-mate Henrik Larsson.

Juventus could well be about to carve their name amongst exalted company in a very select list of 100-point seasons. Campaigns like the one they have achieved are few and far between.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

Line-ups: Juventus-Cagliari

May 18, 2014

Juventus celebrate their Scudetto and against Cagliari have the chance to become the first team ever to go over 100 Serie A points.

It kicks off at 15.00 CET.

This game will be followed by the presentation of the Serie A trophy and an open top bus celebratory parade through the streets of Turin.

Antonio Conte’s men have already shattered numerous records and beat Inter’s 2006-07 tally of 97 points.

Against Cagliari today they can go up to 102, becoming the first club ever to reach triple figures in this tournament.

The Bianconeri can also end the season with a 100 per cent home record.

Giorgio Chiellini begins his three-match ban after he was caught on camera lashing out an elbow at Miralem Pjanic, while Arturo Vidal and Mirko Vucinic are injured.

Cagliari have already secured their Serie A status some weeks ago and come to Turin without Vlada Avramov, Eros Pisano, Matias Cabrera, Albin Ekdal, Nene, Matias Vecino and Nicola Murru.

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

Cagliari: Silvestri; Astori, Perico, Rossettini, Avelar; Conti, Tabanelli, Dessena; Cossu; Pinilla, Ibarbo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - CAGLIARI

Juventus Stadium — Turin

HT 3-0: Juve celebrate with Cagliari

May 18, 2014

Juventus are on track to set a new European record of 102 points, as they lead Cagliari 3-0 at half-time.

The Bianconeri had already shattered records this season for a third consecutive Scudetto, but had the opportunity to become the first side to go into triple figures and maintain a 100 per cent home record. Giorgio Chiellini began his three-match suspension, while Arturo Vidal and Mirko Vucinic were injured. Cagliari were safely mid-table and missed Vlada Avramov, Eros Pisano, Matias Cabrera, Albin Ekdal, Nene, Matias Vecino and Nicola Murru.

This game will be followed by the presentation of the Serie A trophy and an open top bus parade through the streets of Turin. The celebrations were already in full swing with the team photo including all their children before kick-off. Gigi Buffon even hugged referee Bergonzi, who is retiring after this match.

However, Victor Ibarbo nearly ruined the festivities with an early counter-attack, his rising strike palmed away by Buffon after a Martin Caceres slip.

Andrea Pirlo opened the scoring with one of his trademark free kicks, which Lorenzo Silvestri palmed on to the crossbar, but could do nothing as it ricocheted in off his shoulder. This could well be awarded as an own goal for the Cagliari ‘keeper, as a similar incident occurred for Luca Toni this month, but will only be made official on Monday.

A Pirlo corner was flicked on by Leonardo Bonucci and the Cagliari defence failed to clear, so Fernando Llorente tapped in from six yards.

Carlos Tevez should’ve made it 3-0 and a personal tally of 21 Serie A goals, but hesitated and allowed the defence to close him down. At the other end, Daniele Dessena was sent clear on goal by Andrea Cossu and kept out by a great Buffon reaction save from 10 yards.

Tevez burst into the box and ran straight into the back of Danilo Avelar, while Kwadwo Asamoah’s screamer from distance was fingertipped out from under the bar. Llorente also had penalty appeals for a Rossettini tackle.

Juventus did get their third with a spectacular goal from Claudio Marchisio. He gathered with back to goal, flicked it up on the spin to leave Dessena stranded and smashed his finish into the roof of the net.

Silvestri performed a crucial save on Asamoah’s volley from the edge of the box, as it went through a sea of legs, including a Tevez dummy.

Juventus 3-0 Cagliari (Half-Time)

Scorers: Pirlo 9 (J), Llorente 15 (J), Marchisio 39 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente

Cagliari: Silvestri; Astori, Perico, Rossettini, Avelar; Conti, Tabanelli, Dessena; Cossu; Pinilla, Ibarbo

Ref: Bergonzi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS 3 - 0 CAGLIARI

Andrea Pirlo (8′)
Fernando Llorente (15′)
Claudio Marchisio (40′)

Juventus Stadium — Turin
Attendance:‬ 39344‎

Bianconeri smash 100-points barrier

Antonio Conte guided his side to victory in their final Serie A
game of the season and ended the campaign by setting a new record.

jjtymd.jpg

May 18, 2014

Juventus ended the season with a Serie A record 102 points following a resounding 3-0 win over Cagliari in Turin.

With a third successive title sealed weeks in advance of the season finale, Sunday's final match of 2013-14 was merely a procession amid a carnival atmosphere in Turin.

From the moment Andrea Pirlo opened the scoring with a typically nonchalant free-kick after just eight minutes, Antonio Conte's side were in complete control.

Fernando Llorente and Claudio Marchisio's strikes ensured Juve headed into the break 3-0 ahead - a lead they maintained with a controlled second-half showing.

The upshot was Juve ending the season with a tally of 102 points, having amassed an incredible 33 wins from their 38 top-flight fixtures.

For Cagliari, the result, although expected, added further frustration to an average year that has seen them finish in 15th place.

The visitors started brightly as Victor Ibarbo's snap-shot from a tight angle forced a fine save from Gianluigi Buffon, who dived full-stretch to tip the ball around the post.

Juve were quick to respond, though, with Pirlo finding space on the edge of the area before producing an uncharacteristically wild effort that flew over.

Such a strike was in stark contrast to his next attempt, however.

The veteran playmaker struck a sublime 25-yard free-kick that Marco Silvestri could only tip on to the underside of the bar, with the ball bouncing over the line before hitting the goalkeeper and rolling into the net.

Suddenly, the hosts were rampant and it was not long before Llorente doubled their advantage, dispossessing Daniele Conti - who failed to clear his lines from a corner - and sliding home.

Cagliari came back strongly and should have reduced the deficit when Daniele Dessena was denied by Buffon from point-blank range.

The game took on an end-to-end nature thereafter as Kwadwo Asamoah's sizzling 35-yard strike forced a superb stop from Silvestri.

The visiting keeper could do little shortly after, however, as Marchisio stunningly controlled a ball into his own path before unleashing a powerful volley that flew past the 23-year-old.

Juventus operated with a more controlled approach after the interval, with Conte's confidence epitomised by the withdrawal of Buffon for reserve keeper Rubinho - who was given his first playing time of the season.

The wonderful ovation afforded to Buffon almost made way for celebrations, too, as Paul Pogba's effort from distance tested Silvestri soon after.

That was to prove the last real opening as Juve eased their way to the points after the outstanding Pirlo was taken off to rapturous applause from the gleeful crowd.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS 3 - 0 CAGLIARI

Andrea Pirlo (8′)
Fernando Llorente (15′)
Claudio Marchisio (40′)

Juventus Stadium — Turin
Attendance:‬ 39344‎

Juventus make history!

Juventus crushed Cagliari 3-0 to set a new European
record of 102 points with a 100 per cent home record.

ab4hf6.jpg

May 18, 2014

The Bianconeri had already shattered records this season for a third consecutive Scudetto, but had the opportunity to become the first side to go into triple figures. Giorgio Chiellini began his three-match suspension, while Arturo Vidal and Mirko Vucinic were injured. Cagliari were safely mid-table and missed Vlada Avramov, Eros Pisano, Matias Cabrera, Albin Ekdal, Nene, Matias Vecino and Nicola Murru.

This game will be followed by the presentation of the Serie A trophy and an open top bus parade through the streets of Turin. The celebrations were already in full swing with the team photo including all their children before kick-off. Gigi Buffon even hugged referee Bergonzi, who is retiring after this match.

However, Victor Ibarbo nearly ruined the festivities with an early counter-attack, his rising strike palmed away by Buffon after a Martin Caceres slip.

Andrea Pirlo opened the scoring with one of his trademark free kicks, which Lorenzo Silvestri palmed on to the crossbar, but could do nothing as it ricocheted in off his shoulder. This could well be awarded as an own goal for the Cagliari ‘keeper, as a similar incident occurred for Luca Toni this month, but will only be made official on Monday.

A Pirlo corner was flicked on by Leonardo Bonucci and the Cagliari defence failed to clear, so Fernando Llorente tapped in from six yards.

Carlos Tevez should’ve made it 3-0 and a personal tally of 21 Serie A goals, but hesitated and allowed the defence to close him down. At the other end, Daniele Dessena was sent clear on goal by Andrea Cossu and kept out by a great Buffon reaction save from 10 yards.

Tevez burst into the box and ran straight into the back of Danilo Avelar, while Kwadwo Asamoah’s screamer from distance was fingertipped out from under the bar. Llorente also had penalty appeals for a Rossettini tackle.

Juventus did get their third with a spectacular goal from Claudio Marchisio. He gathered with back to goal, flicked it up on the spin to leave Dessena stranded and smashed his finish into the roof of the net.

Silvestri performed a crucial save on Asamoah’s volley from the edge of the box, as it went through a sea of legs, including a Tevez dummy.

At the dawn of the second half, the Curva Sud unveiled a huge banner with Conte’s face and the phrase: ‘Without you we won’t go far... Because you are the best and have Juve in your heart!!!’

However, soon after a smaller banner also appeared in the same area of the stadium reading ‘Speziale Libero.’ The Disciplinary Commission warned it will punish this slogan, which is calling for the release of a Catania ultra in prison for the murder of a police officer. The rest of the Juventus Stadium reacted strongly with jeers and insults at those who showed the banner.

Agim Ibraimi attempted to cut the deficit for Cagliari, while Ibarbo volleyed just over from an Avelar free kick.

Juventus: Buffon (Rubinho 54); Caceres, Bonucci, Ogbonna; Lichtsteiner, Pogba, Pirlo (Pepe 80), Marchisio, Asamoah; Tevez, Llorente (Osvaldo 60)

Cagliari: Silvestri; Astori (Bastrini 46), Perico, Rossettini, Avelar; Conti, Tabanelli, Dessena; Cossu (Ibraimi 66); Pinilla, Ibarbo (Loi 86)

Ref: Bergonzi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...