Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Miralem Pjanic

130732 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

OFFICIAL: Juventus sign Pjanic from Roma for €32m

The Bosnia-Herzegovina playmaker has made the move from the Italian capital to Turin

official after signing a long-term deal with the reigning Serie A champions.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/06/13/24592922/-?

Jun 13, 2016

Juventus have confirmed the signing of Miralem Pjanic from Roma for €32 million, with the midfielder agreeing a five-year deal.

The Bosnia & Herzegovina international had been linked with a move to England to join Manchester United but the Serie A and Coppa Italia holders have exercised a clause in Pjanic's contract to seal a deal.

Pjanic arrived at the Stadio Olimpico in 2011 from Ligue 1 side Lyon for €11m and has become one of the most coveted midfielders in European football, turning in a string of fine individual performances in 2015-16.

However, after scoring 10 goals in 33 league appearances - including a strike against Massimiliano Allegri's men back in August - he has now committed his future to Juve.

"It’s always tough to play here against such a great side and a massive club," Pjanic said. "There’s a different atmosphere to other stadiums, this is a wonderful stadium.

"You knew you were playing against a top side here, and we always expected a tough game. I’m delighted that I’ll be wearing the Juventus shirt from now on.

"I hope it’ll continue to be just as hard for opponents here and that we’ll enjoy a lot of success together. It’s a great feeling, and I hope to score lots of goals, play well and win. I just want to make the Juve fans happy.

"I'm delighted to be here, and I hope to give you lots to celebrate on the pitch. I hope we can win together, forza Juve."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus sign Miralem Pjanic from Roma

on five-year contract

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2892389/juventus-sign-miralem-pjanic-from-roma-on-five-year-contract

Jun 13, 2016

Juventus have completed the signing of Miralem Pjanic from Roma for €32 million.

Pjanic, 26, informed the Giallorossi at the weekend that he was to make use of a clause in his contract which enabled him to leave the club for a pre-agreed fee, adding that he was going to make up 20 percent of that sum himself with Juve paying the rest.

The Bosnia and Herzegovina international arrived in Turin on Sunday ahead of his medical, with Juve confirming the deal on Monday evening.

Pjanic, who becomes the Italian champions' first signing of the summer, has penned a five-year deal with the club.

"It's always tough to play here [at the Juventus Stadium] against such a great side and a massive club," Pjanic told Juve's official YouTube channel. "There's a different atmosphere to other stadiums, this is a wonderful stadium.

"You knew you were playing against a top side here, and we always expected a tough game. I'm delighted that I'll be wearing the Juventus shirt from now on.

"I hope it'll continue to be just as hard for opponents here and that we'll enjoy a lot of success together. It's a great feeling, and I hope to score lots of goals, play well and win. I just want to make the Juve fans happy.

"I'm delighted to be here, and I hope to give you lots to celebrate on the pitch. I hope we can win together, forza Juve."

On Saturday, Pjanic handed in an official transfer request, stating his desire to join Juve. Roma were forced to publish his written request to dispel rumours surrounding the player's future and to deny that it had been the capital club looking to sell him to their Serie A rivals.

Juve general manager Beppe Marotta also confirmed at the weekend that "it was the player's desire which made the difference," adding that he "strongly wanted to join Juventus" and that he had "made use of the well-known clause in his Roma contract."

"There has never been any negotiations between us and Roma, but just technical meetings to determine the method of payment of this clause," Marotta added.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Miralem Pjanic to Juventus: Latest

Transfer Details, Reaction and More

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2645207-miralem-pjanic-to-juventus-latest-transfer-details-reaction-and-more?

Jun 13, 2016

Miralem Pjanic has completed his transfer from AS Roma toJuventus, putting pen to paper on a five-year deal with his new club:  

The 26-year-old’s switch was finalised on Monday by Juventus, with the Bosnia and Herzegovina star moving for €32 million.

Juventus will be delighted to have secured the services of a player who has already cemented his reputation as one of the best playmakers in European football.

Here is a look at what he can offer:

Pjanic has blossomed at the Stadio Olimpico since moving from Lyon in 2011, becoming the creative fulcrum of the side. The midfielder is a wonderful technician, capable of dictating the course of a match with his brilliant passing range when given space and able to wriggle away from trouble with his quick feet when under pressure.

In a Roma side that has occasionally threatened to end Juventus’ domestic dominance, Pjanic has been the driving force. He has shown versatility in terms of where he features, able to play in withdrawn, orthodox and advanced central-midfield positions. The Bosnian also has a penchant for the spectacular, especially when it comes to set pieces.

hi-res-aff438d0be471427dea13986b4c1124d_

Marco Luzzani/Getty Images
Roma have never quite kicked on during Pjanic's time at the club.

That’s an area in which ESPN FC’s David Amoyal feels as though Juventus have deteriorated since the departure of some key men:

Pjanic would really improve Juve on set pieces, they really missed Pirlo's free kicks last season

While Roma are a massive club in their own right, Pjanic has the talent to play for a team that’s challenging for the top honours both domestically and in Europe.

The Giallorossi looked as though they were capable of bursting into life at times during the midfielder’s five years there, but his qualities never seemed to be sufficiently supplemented.

During 2015-16 in particular, Pjanic did plenty to push his side up the table. As these numbers from OptaPaolo showcase, the Bosnia man was a huge threat in the final third with his ability to create and score goals:

10+11 - Pjanic is one of 4 midfielders on double fig. of goals (10) & assists (11) in the top-5 Euro leagues. Class.

These attributes will be a huge boost to Juve. Not only have they improved themselves and weakened a key rival with this capture, manager Massimiliano Allegri has found the antidote for a tactical issue the team has. They’ve lacked an advanced midfield player with guile in the final third of the pitch that’ll create consistently.

hi-res-9f960e76b271edfc2361dc3cd63ffd67_

Valerio Pennicino/Getty Images
Pjanic will be lining up alongside Pogba at Juve.

Pjanic’s addition would help solve that problem, and alongside men such as Paul Pogba, Sami Khedira and Claudio Marchisio, the potential is there for a formidable midfield in Turin. It’s one that looks capable of giving the Italians a real chance of challenging for the UEFA Champions League next season.

Bleacher Report’s Gianni Verschueren thinks this is a brilliant deal for the Bianconeri:

If the Pjanic deal for Juventus is genuine, it's a major, major coup. And before British/Spanish media go crazy: Not a sign Pogba is leaving

On the back of this move, there will be more pressure on Pjanic, with a substantial fee paid for his services and high expectations. But his development at Roma, in terms of playing style and personality, has been encouraging.

Juventus will be better off for him being around, too. Footballers who can offer both control and incision on the ball are rare at the highest level, and they’ve managed to ensnare a superb one in Pjanic. 

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjanic: ‘Delighted by Juventus’

Pjanic-490juventus.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/85796/pjanic-‘delighted-juventus’?

Jun 13, 2016

Miralem Pjanic is “delighted” after completing his move from Roma to Juventus.

The Bosnian midfielder’s move to Turin was made official this evening, as the Bianconeri activated his €38m release clause, though only €32m went to the Lupi.

“It’s always tough to play here against such a great side and a massive club,” Pjanic said, speaking to Juventus’ official YouTube channel inside Juventus Stadium.

“There’s a different atmosphere to other stadiums, this is a wonderful stadium.

“You knew you were playing against a top side here, and we always expected a tough game. I’m delighted that I’ll be wearing the Juventus shirt from now on.

“I hope it’ll continue to be just as hard for opponents here and that we’ll enjoy a lot of success together.

It’s a great feeling, and I hope to score lots of goals, play well and win. I just want to make the Juve fans happy.

“I’m delighted to be here, and I hope to give you lots to celebrate on the pitch. I hope we can win together, forza Juve.”

image via juventus.com

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nainggolan: ‘Accept Pjanic choice’

http://www.football-italia.net/85843/nainggolan-‘accept-pjanic-choice’

Jun 14, 2016

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan “accepts” Miralem Pjanic’s decision to move to Juventus.

The Belgian international had previously stated that he would stop speaking to his teammate if he joined the Bianconeri, but appears to have softened his stance.

“I love him, I accept his choice and I’ll continue to love him,” Nainggolan told reporters after last night’s Italy game.

“He was like a brother, and it’d definitely be better to play together but he made another choice and we accept it, fine.

“These things happen in football.”

Having played in Italy for 13 seasons, the midfielder was also asked for his opinion on the Azzurri after their 2-0 win last night.

“I always said Italy would be the most difficult game. They’re masters of tactics and they pressed well.

“We tried to do something with our individuals, but we didn’t succeed.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

How Miralem Pjanic Fits the Tactics

of Juventus Coach Massimiliano Allegri

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2646188-how-miralem-pjanic

-fits-the-tactics-of-juventus-coach-massimiliano-allegri?

Jun 14, 2016

Miralem Pjanic is a Juventus player. Announcing via theirofficial website that they had sealed a deal for the AS Romamidfielder, the Bianconeri have already improved their squad and weakened a major rival before the transfer window has even opened.

The statement revealed the capital club will receive a €32 million fee for the 26-year-old, whose arrival in Turin—where he has signed a five-year contract—is a clear statement of intent from the Italian champions as they look to build on their recent success at home and abroad.

Winners of the last five consecutive Serie A titles and the last two editions of the Coppa Italia, with Juve's fightback after a dismal start to the 2015/16 campaign giving the side huge self-belief. That in turn led coach Massimiliano Allegri to insist that improving his squad this summer would be no easy task.

“We need to find players who have the DNA of Juventus and are able to raise the quality level of this team,” the former AC Milan boss said at apress conference last month. “We don’t just buy good players here, but above all good men.”

He and the club's hierarchy clearly believe they have found that inPjanic, but it is important to understand how the Bosnia and Herzegovina international will work alongside the gifted players already at Juventus and where he will into Allegri's tactical approach.

To do that, it is first necessary to see just what kind of player he is, and in their latest signing the Bianconeri have added a player who has the attributes and abilities to fill a variety of roles in any midfield configuration for the Juve coach.

c0f2962bcb1067ca2c43bafd27273243_crop_ex

lineupbuilder.com
Juve's 3-5-2 Formation

Over recent years, the 3-5-2 formation—shown in the adjacent graphic—has beenJuventus' default setting, with both former boss Antonio Conteand his successor Allegri opting to use it on a regular basis.

When at full strength, that placesSami Khedira on the right and Paul Pogba on the left, each asked to shield the defence and also press forward to support the attack.

Pjanic weighed in with 10 goals and 12 assists in Serie A for Roma last season, while statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com show he averaged 1.4 tackles and 1.5 interceptions in his 33 league appearances.

Those numbers, as the graphic below highlights, sit comfortably alongside those of his new team-mates, with his tactical intelligence and speed across the pitch meaning Pjanic could easily deputise for either man in that setup.

af45a7664cb0de32e55a5e3140d05433_origina

WhoScored.com
Serie A 2015/16

Yet he is most likely to feature in the central role when the 2016/17 campaign gets underway, largely thanks to the anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered by Claudio Marchisio, who normally occupies that spot in the side.

In April, Juve’s official website announced that the Italy international had undergone successful surgery to repair the damage, but the 30-year-old would not return to competitive action for approximately six months.

hi-res-591fc96f323285215e1c4550d1b38ef5_

Tullio M. Puglia/Getty Images

Therefore, with the Turin native ruled out until October at best, Pjaniccan take up the deep-lying playmaker role in which he has thrived. Fielded there, WhoScored figures show Marchisio connected with 88.5 percent of his 63.5 pass attempts per game in Serie A, which the same source shows meant he ranked 13th among all players in the division for completed efforts.

Pjanic was 10th, with WhoScored showing he connected with 84.9 percent of his 65.5 passes per game, and the video below highlights how effective he was at retaining possession, a vital skill in European competition.

Another thing that becomes apparent when watching those clips is his ability to slip balls through to the strikers ahead of him, Pjanicdisplaying how well he can perform in an advanced role which will also be hugely important to the Bianconeri.

When reaching the Champions League final in 2014/15, Juventusalternated between a three- and four-man defence, often in the same game as Andrea Barzagli came off the bench to protect any lead his side had earned.

That was born from an interview Allegri gave to La Gazzetta dello Sportshortly after arriving at the club, explaining during a pre-season tour that it was essential for his team to be tactically flexible if they were to enjoy success.

“There are moments in the season where you can play with three [defenders] and others when it is better to do so with four,” he said (h/tFootball Italia). “We need to work hard to acquire the knowledge to make it possible to use a different formation with the same reliability.

hi-res-d3476e8dd15841f0efa1990de481e745_

Jean Catuffe/Getty Images

The Tuscan coach described his alternative system as “4-3-and then we’ll see” in that same interview, often deploying Arturo Vidal or Roberto Pereyra as the most advanced midfielder who almost played alongside striker Carlos Tevez.

It was a formation that worked superbly thanks to the drive of Vidal, and although Pjanic is a much less vociferous player, he would be comfortable taking up such a position once Marchisio returns.

fc11532d23741d213882212ee11cd35b_origina

lineupbuilder.com
"4-3-and then we'll see"

The graphic above shows Juve’s regular starting XI in that system in 2014/15 on the left, while the team on the right is a predicted line-up for next season following the arrival of the dangerously creative Pjanic.

As can be seen in the graphic below courtesy of Squawka, he supplied 80 clear goalscoring opportunities for his Roma team-mates last term, a figure far higher than Juve’s three leaders in that same category.

115bf37483ca678de98025853609bbfb_origina

squawka.com
Chances Created 2015/16

Furthermore, WhoScored showed that no player in Serie A made more through balls than Pjanic’s average of 0.3 per game. The same sourceadditionally highlights that, while Pogba matched that mark, Juve’s next most prolific player in this category was Paulo Dybala with just 0.1 per outing.

Pjanic was the only player in Italy to reach double figures in both goals and assists last term, with the Opta highlighting the fact he created more goals than anyone else on the peninsula over the past three campaigns:

28 - Miralem Pjanic has provided 28 assists over the last 3 Serie A seasons - more than any other player. Jewel.

Whether in any of the roles in Juve’s usual 3-5-2 system or in an advanced position in Allegri’s “4-3-and then we’ll see” formation, there is little doubt that Pjanic is ready to help as he told the club’s officialYouTube channel shortly after his move to Turin was confirmed.

“It's a great feeling, and I hope to score lots of goals, play well and win,” he said (h/t ESPN FC). “I just want to make the Juve fans happy. I'm delighted to be here, and I hope to give you lots to celebrate on the pitch. I hope we can win together, forza Juve.

“I'm sorry that he went to reinforce a rival,” Roma stalwart Daniel DeRossi told the Il Messaggero newspaper (h/t Football Italia) after hearing the deal was completed, and he will not be the only one to feel that way once the new season begins.

In Pjanic, Juventus have signed a superb player and a midfielder who provides a wealth of tactical options and the quality needed to help the team progress both in domestic and Champions League action.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Daniele De Rossi sad to see

Miralem Pjanic leave Roma for Juventus

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2893087/daniele-de-rossi

-sad-to-see-miralem-pjanic-leave-roma-for-juventus

Jun 14, 2016

Roma midfielder Daniele De Rossi says he will not hold a grudge against Miralem Pjanic, despite his acrimonious move to Juventus.

Roma fans have been incensed by Pjanic's decision to activate a clause in his contract, enabling him to join Juve for a pre-determined fee of €32 million.

Having seen the Bianconeri dominate Italian football for the past five years, Roma fans are angry that their club have strengthened their rivals while weakening their own team.

While De Rossi can understand their resentment, he says he has nothing but affection and respect for his former teammate.

"Since Pjanic arrived at Roma, he's been an exemplary teammate," De Rossitold reporters in Lyon following Italy's 2-0 win over Belgium on Monday night. "He's an impeccable professional and would train even when he was ill, often playing thanks to painkilling injections. I'm only sorry that he's going to strengthen one of our rivals, but I'm always going to like him."

De Rossi added that there are not many players these days who, like he and Roma teammate Francesco Totti, dedicate their entire careers to one club.

"Pjanic isn't a one-club man -- if he were, he would still be playing for Lyon," he said. "Football's not like that nowadays. The club are not responsible in any way for this sale -- his release clause was simply activated. People can think what they want.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pjanic: ‘Goodbye Roma’

Pjanic-Juve-shirt490epa_0.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/85854/pjanic-‘goodbye-roma’

Jun 14, 2016

Miralem Pjanic thanks Roma and the fans for a “fantastic time” after moving to Juventus.

The Bosnian officially completed his transfer to the Bianconeri yesterday, after the Scudetto winners activated the buyout clause in his contract.

“A few days ago, one of the most important chapters of my life ended, and not just in a sporting sense,” Pjanic wrote on his official Facebook page.

“I waved goodbye to Rome after a fantastic time here. I was little more than a boy when I arrived, this city accompanied me on the paths which led me to becoming a man and a father.

“I’ll always remember with affection the fans and the friends that I’m leaving in the dressing room and in the city, even now I’m starting this new adventure now.

“Ciao Roma.”

image via juventus.com

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Allegri: ‘Pjanic improves Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/85881/allegri-‘pjanic-improves-juventus’

Jun 15, 2016

Massimiliano Allegri believes Miralem Pjanic is “one of the few players” who can improve Juventus.

The Bosnian completed a €32m move from Roma this week, with the Bianconeri having activated his €38m release clause, of which €6m was due to the player.

“Pjanic’s arrival is that of a major player,” Allegri told Sky.

“He gives us a lot of solutions, especially on set pieces. He improves the quality of our midfield, something that isn’t easy for a great team like Juventus.

“Pjanic is one of the few players who can do it. Now it’s up to us to give him the best conditions to express himself.

"He can play in front of the defence, but also in the middle or at trequartista. I'm pleased the club made such an effort to get him."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Miralem Pjanic thanks Roma

fans after Juventus transfer

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/as-roma/story/2893898/miralem-pjanic-thanks-roma-fans-after-juventus-transfer

Jun 15, 2016

Miralem Pjanic has written a message thanking his former club Roma for "one of the most important chapters" of his life after completing his contentious move to their Serie A rivals Juventus.

Pjanic, 26, joined the Bianconeri earlier this week after the Turin-based club agreed to meet the terms of a release clause in his contract with theGiallorossi.

Roma fans were furious one of their best players has left to strengthen their Serie A rivals and he was subject to abuse as he left the club's Trigoria training facilities for the last time late last week.

Teammate Daniele De Rossi leapt to his defence following Italy's 2-0 win over Belgium on Monday, however, saying he will "always remain a friend" and defending the Eternal City club from claims they had sought the transfer to earn the contracted €32 million.

Pjanic has now written a message of his own on Facebook to express his gratitude to his former club.

"One of the most important chapters of my life, not only from a sporting point of view, ended just a few days ago," the Bosnia-Herzegovina international wrote. "I say goodbye to Roma after having had a fantastic time there: I was little more than a lad when I arrived and this city has accompanied me in becoming a man and a father.

"I will always remember the fans and the friends I leave behind in the dressing room and the city with affection, even now that I am starting this new adventure. Ciao, Roma."

Pjanic has been welcomed to Juve by future teammate Sami Khedira, who wrote "welcome to the Juventus family" on Twitter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus manager Max Allegri is quite happy with the signing of Miralem Pjanic

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/16/11949864/juventus-miralem-pjanic-max-allegri-2016-serie-a-transfers

Jun 16, 2016

Outside of the player himself and a couple of short Twitter posts from his new teammates, we haven't heard many Juventus-related comments regarding the signing of Miralem Pjanic thus far. That's probably because there hasn't been a formal press conference, but still a little interesting considering the quality that Juventus just added to their squad.

Luckily, there's Max Allegri to give us his opinion on the matter. And unlike when he is either sarcastic or just noncommittal about his starting lineups during his pre-match press conferences, Juventus' soon-to-be third-year manager definitely gave his stamp of approval to Juventus snatching Roma's best player for a €32 million transfer fee.

"Pjanic has incredible qualities and he can still improve. He also offers us a lot from set-pieces. It is now up to us to put him in the right situations for him to succeed. His role? He can play in front of the defense but he can also play a bit higher in the midfield or even as an attacking midfielder. I am happy that out management signed him."

(Source: Gianluca Di Marzio)

I think how Allegri uses Pjanic will be one of the more interesting things to happen within the squad at the start of the 2016-17 season. Obviously having Pjanic will mean that the void left by Claudio Marchisio's major knee injury is eased more than just a little bit. But I also think that it's not a clear-cut thing where Allegri will stick to the 3-5-2 and that will be that.

Allegri certainly has options of how he wants to play this. Like he said, Pjanic can play as the holding midfielder in the center three or be a little further up the field. Depending on when Marchisio returns, it's probably a lock that they play alongside one another in some shape or form. Options are definitely good, and the same can certainly be said about Pjanic as a player.

Max is happy that he's signed with Juventus. And I'm pretty sure a lot of us who root for the team he manages feel pretty much the same way he does.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: ‘Pjanic is great’

hhttp://www.football-italia.net/85942/marchisio-‘pjanic-great’

Jun 16, 2016

Claudio Marchisio welcomes Miralem Pjanic to Juventus - “he can change games”.

The Bosnian midfielder has joined the Bianconeri from Roma, and though he’s currently injured, il Principino is looking forward to playing with his new teammate.

“Pjanic is a great player, one who can change a game,” Marchisio said as he presented his new social biography, ‘Nero su Bianco’.

“He’s young, but he still has so much experience. I’m happy, because as well as strengthening the squad he’s a targeted purchase.

“With small changes we’ve been winning in Italy for five years and we’re growing in Europe.

“Dani Alves? If he comes he’d be a player who can further increase our quality.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Miralem Pjanic a major boost

to Juventus' hopes of European glory

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2895920/miralem-pjanic

-a-major-boost-to-juventus-hopes-of-european-glory

Jun 17, 2016

While the world's eyes feast upon the spectacle that is Euro 2016, Juventus' management team are busy preparing for the new season. With Barcelona's Dani Alves all but secured, the first player the club have purchased in the transfer market is Miralem Pjanic, activating his buyout clause to secure the Bosnian from Roma for €32 million.

A player boasting sublime skill, a deft touch and audacious dribbling ability, Pjanic possesses the technique befitting of Massimiliano Allegri's wider Juve plan and one of the few in the world who would raise the quality of the midfield.

When Allegri took over the team, he took his time to introduce changes but he made it clear that he prioritised technique, good football and placed great faith in his men. He was not about to micromanage from the side-lines much like his predecessor managed before him. For a side to achieve both domestic and European wins, they had to play less exhaustive football, make the ball work for them and be tactically versatile enough to overcome talented teams, ones they would regularly face in the Champions League.

Juventus have greatly improved since the tactician's arrival. While they may still be renowned for their unity and willingness to suffer, their football is more accurate, the attacking patterns more efficient and the goals spectacular.

Reliant on Andrea Pirlo's tremendous creativity and free-kick ability in his first season, Allegri was then able to depend on Claudio Marchisio and his tactical intelligence the next year. Pjanic, you could argue, possesses traits from both players and has since learnt how to perfect them.

In his hilarious autobiography, Pirlo once noted how "the search for Juninho's secret had become an obsession for me, to the extent that it occupied my every waking thought."

Spending hours training, it's safe to safe Pirlo finally uncovered the secret and became the architect behind some of the most beautiful free-kicks. However, Juninho Pernambucano himself, the idol of the great Italian wizard, believes Pjanic is the greatest free-kick player he's ever seen.

"Mire has incredible quality. He's maybe the best free-kick taker in the world today. He always stayed with me after training for free-kick practice. We discussed things a lot," Juninho told L'Equipe.

The Brazilian was at Lyon when Pjanic, billed to be his replacement, arrived. Keen to absorb as much knowledge and advice as he could from Juninho and all the others he played with at Lyon, the Bosnian developed quickly and credited relentless training for his capabilities on the ball. "I've practiced about ten thousand free kicks from every single position on the pitch. It takes more than 10 years to learn," he said.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: ‘I want to win trophies’

http://www.football-italia.net/86276/pjanic-‘i-want-win-trophies’

Jun 23, 2016

Miralem Pjanic reveals the reason he swapped Roma for Juventus - “I’m hungry for trophies”.

The Bosnian playmaker has joined the Bianconeri in a €32m deal, causing outrage among supporters of the capital club.

“I’ve had a progressive career,” Pjanic explained to mercato365.

“I’ve advanced step-by-step, without ever wanting to make too big a leap too quickly. I think this is a good time for a change of atmosphere and to go to a very big club like Juventus.

“I want to win, and I’m really hungry for trophies, so I hope to do that with this very strong team.

“I’m not putting pressure on myself. I’m aware of the players who have gone before me like [Andrea] Pirlo, [Zinedine] Zidane or [Michel] Platini - extraordinary players for a historic club.

“I want to repay the directors’ confidence in me, because they really wanted me. I’m in my best years as a footballer and I hope to progress further at Juventus.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: ‘Totti is a football god'

http://www.football-italia.net/86323/pjanic-‘totti-god

Jun 24, 2016

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic describes Roma captain Francesco Totti as “a football God”.

The Bosnian international has left the Giallorossi to join the Scudetto holders, but remains in awe of Er Pupone, so much so that he’ll cede free-kicks to the veteran.

“You’re talking about a legend of football,” Pjanic told SoFoot.

“When a football God like Francesco asks you, you turn away. He’s someone who makes people come to the stadium.

“He’s by far the best player I’ve played with, and it was obviously an honour and a dream to be able to work with him for five years. He’s a genius.

“In terms of charisma, personality… he has everything. He’s a world class player, with extraordinary technique.

“When he tells you ‘I’m going to put it there’, it goes there, not even a few centimetres out. He has incredible feet. He’s 39 now, but he’ll always have that technique.

“Obviously there are guys who run faster, but he’s still the God of Rome. I repeat: it’s a source of huge pride to have played with him, and to have had a good relationship with him on and off the pitch.

“He’ll remain a good friend, and I’ll be able to tell my kids that I played with him. When he stops, you know a lot of people will cry.

“He’s given so much joy to so many people that you can only take your hat off to him.

“Could he have joined a bigger club? When I speak to him, he’s very calm about it. He’s very hoary with what he’s done.

“You have to understand that in Rome he’s not an idol, ok, he’s almost God. It’s hard to leave in those conditions.

“Even for me, Rome is a city I’ll be attached to for life. For him, he was born there, he has family there, his children were born there.

“There’s everything to keep him in Rome and no real reason to leave. Roma is a great club, he’s given so much to them and he deserves a lot of credit.”

Pjanic, however, has left the club, sparking fury by moving to one of the Lupi’s biggest rivals…

“I spent the best years of my life there. Now I’ve signed for a very big club, though Roma is a great team which will always be in my heart.

“I decided to take another step in my career after five years there. I’m 26, and next year will be beautiful.

“I really hope to win. I want to win.”

Having spent the past five seasons in Italy, the Bosnian midfielder was asked about the Azzurri’s chances at Euro 2016.

“The Italian team is a good team, a solid team,” Pjanic noted.

“If a team like Belgium, who have such great talents, don’t manage to score against Italy it means that they’re a team who are capable of going all the way.

“That’s how you win these competitions. It’s very hard to play against them, and Conte knows his team. He knows what to do, and his team leave very little space to the opposition.

“When we at Roma played against his Juventus it was very hard, he’s a great Coach.

“Why are Italy so hard to face? It’s difficult to play against them, because there’s so little space in the middle, you can’t find the weak spot.

“For a midfielder, facing a Juventus or Italy like that is a nightmare. What’s even harder is that if they get one or two chances, they don’t hesitate to stick them in the corner. It breaks you mentally.

“It’ll sound silly, but in such a big game the important thing is to score before they do. If you manage to do that, it makes it easier because then they have to come out and play.

“Patience is the main quality you need against a team like that, taking your time to make the right pass.

“Is it more tactical in Italy? Yes, as with all clichés there’s an element of truth. We spend a lot of time at the blackboard here.

“Obviously it depends on your Coach, but having said that even the weakest teams in Serie A have a good knowledge of organisation and positioning.

“They know how to cause problems for you, even if they’re not as good on the ball. They never give you space, they sit deep and they’re good on the counter.

“With Roma this season, we almost always had the ball but if you can’t find a gap you end up dropping points against teams like that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Perotti: 'Pjanic loss huge'

http://www.football-italia.net/86958/perotti-pjanic-loss-huge

Jul 7, 2016

Diego Perotti admits the loss of Miralem Pjanic to Juventus is huge, but thinks Roma should 'aim for the Scudetto'.

The winger did very well under Luciano Spalletti in the second half of the season and will be one of the foundations of the Giallorossi's game.

“I'm looking forward to starting the season, this is going to be a good year,” Perotti told the Press when joining the team at Villa Stuart. “It's going to be challenging. Things are different now as we know we'll start by playing for the Champions League [in the preliminaries].

“A team like this has to aim for the Scudetto and a high place in the Champions League. I think we did very well last year against an opponent who never lost like Juventus. We must play the way we did in the last four-five months, and we can go far.

“Juventus are strong, but we are in a good condition and we proved that last season.”

Perotti was then asked about Pjanic, who angered Romanisti by accepting a move to the Old Lady.

“Roma lost very, very much with the sale of Pjanic. He had a lot of quality, he scored goals and made assists, and he knew the team well. I was very sorry about his departure.”

“Marcelo Bielsa? I don't know him, but everybody says good things and I think he'll be good for Lazio.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

BWRAO Roundtable: Where should Max Allegri

field Miralem Pjanic in Juventus' midfield?

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/8/12023314/bwrao-roundtable

-juventus-max-allegri-miralem-pjanic-2016-serie-a-summer-transfers

Jul 8, 2016

Juventus' signing of Miralem Pjanic came swift and unexpectedly. When Beppe Marotta went in to finish the deal, he walked out with the finished product in hand. Or, at least, that's the way I want to think of it. Beppe met the buyout clause, got the final word from Roma and then walked out like a champ because he just scored himself quite a deal.

Now, with Pjanic amongst those players  beginning training in Vinovo this week, it won't be too long before we see him making his (unofficial) Juventus debut when the squad heads out on its preseason tour of Australia and Hong Kong.

Obviously Juventus' squad is still being constructed for the upcoming season — both in terms of potential arrivals and departures. But, at least with what we know, adding Pjanic to a midfield that already has the likes of (a healthy) Claudio Marchisio, Paul Pogba and Sami Khedira is certainly quite the coup. Juventus' midfield was already pretty good, but with Pjanic on board it has gotten even that much better — and Marotta isn't done working just yet.

The main question is, where should Juventus manager Max Allegri deploy his newest midfield asset? How much might Claudio Marchisio's absence and then return impact where and how Allegri potentially uses Pjanic in the first half of the season?

Both viable questions. And both questions that we felt like discussing while everybody else around the internet drowns themselves in annoying and pointless transfer rumors that will make them go a wee bit crazy. (Crazy is not good, unless it's a crazy good goal from Paul Pogba or Paulo Dybala, but that's just me talking.)

Behold, the return of our first round of the BWRAO roundtables. And, this time, we're talking about somebody who has arrived, not left.

Johann

We're all aware of what Pjanic can bring to the team. He has abilities to play as a deep-lying playmaker and as a trequartista, the latter being a position that Allegri has been trying to fill since he joined. This signing may lead to Allegri reverting more regularly to his favorite 4-3-1-2 formation, with Pjanic being the "1," and playing in between the lines. In a 3-5-2, he could play as a deep-lying playmaker, giving Marchisio (when he finally returns from injury) the opportunity to play in his more natural box-to-box midfield role, making runs into the box.

Pjanic also doesn't shy from his share of defensive work. Though he's obviously not noted for this, his stats on tackling is not too far off from the rest of our midfield.

Then there's his delivery from set pieces. Pjanic has one of the best conversion rates from free kicks in the game. He adds another weapon, to go along with Paulo Dybala and (sometimes) Pogba.

One thing's for sure; we should be salivating at the prospect of the joint-top assists man in Serie A supplying through balls to Dybala and Mario Mandzukic, and whipping in those free kicks next season.

Calvin

Pjanic should play on the right of Marchisio in the 3-5-2 formation, building up a deadly partnership with Stephan Lichtsteiner and/or Dani Alves — or even Juan Cuadrado — as needs be. With four world-class midfielders at Allegri's disposal (Marchisio, Pjanic, Pogba and Sami Khedira), I also expect to see the manager try out a 4-4-2 diamond formation with either Marchisio and Khedira alternating as the top and bottom of the diamond, and Pogba and Pjanic as the left and right sides, respectively.

With Simone Padoin gone, that leaves Mario Lemina, Hernanes, Kwadwo Asamoah and Stefano Sturaro for cover, and hopefully none of them have to play regularly. In fact, if Southampton do indeed come calling for Sturaro with €20 million, you've heard the saying, a Saint and his money are soon parted. Alternatively, offer Sturaro to Genoa with a cash sweetener and get Pavoletti.

Jose T.

If Allegri keeps the current 3-5-2 formation, I'd like to see Marchisio go back to his box-to-box role, and Pjanic play the regista/deep-lying playmaker role. With him running the midfield, it'll be like the 2011-2012 version of Andrea Pirlo never left. In that scenario, Khedira would have to go to the bench. However, I think Pjanic's ability to play balls in the final third and rack up assists might be good enough to consider going back to that 4-3-"and then we'll see" Allegri played. That would have Pjanic right behind the strikers in what would basically be a 4-3-1-2 with Marchisio at the base of the midfield, flanked by Khedira and Pogba, and Pjanic up front.

All of this is assuming Pogba stays, we'll have many more problems to worry about he leaves.

Jose A.

This is a tricky question. I believe that Juventus' midfield is still incomplete. Therefore, Pjanic's role depends on the Mercato. Right now, Miralem is the de facto regista until Marchisio is ready to return. In the long term, if Juventus sign someone like André Gomes, Pjanic would be a trequartista in a 4-3-1-2 formation. However, the Bianconeri could decide to bring a playmaker to Vinovo. In that case, Pjanic would be part of a necessary rotation in the middle of the park. Sami and Marchisio can't play all the games, and Asamoah's health is still a concern.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus To Unveil Roma Midfielder As New Signing

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/07/juventus-to-unveil-roma-midfielder-as-new-signing/?

Jul 11, 2016

Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic is set to complete his transfer to Juventus after five years with the Giallorossi.

The 26-year-old moved to Rome in 2011 from French club Olympique Lyonnais, before whom he appeared for fellow French side Metz, winning Ligue 2 with the latter in the 2006/07 season.

According to the official website of Juventus, Pjanic will be revealed as a Bianconeri player on Tuesday afternoon at their stadium for a currently undisclosed fee.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri should be pleased with his new signing as the Bosnian international provided the most assists in Serie A both last season and the season before.

He scored 30 goals and assisted 46 overall during his time as a Roma player, appearing 185 times in all competitions, including all but one of his side’s Champions League clashes last year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: ‘I know Roma will boo me…’

http://www.football-italia.net/87231/pjanic-‘i-know-roma-will-boo-me…’

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic knows “I’ll probably be whistled” when he returns to Roma with Juventus.

The Bosnian midfielder made the switch to Turin this summer, after the Bianconeri activated the release clause in his contract.

“I’ll be very happy to return to Stadio Olimpico,” Pjanic insisted at his presentation Press conference.

“To find the incredible fans, to find my friends with whom I spent five wonderful years, to find people I worked with for five years. So I’ll be really happy.

“It’ll be a bit of a strange game for me, because I spent five wonderful years in that city and with that club, but from day one I’ll be focused on my new team, on my objectives and on the objectives that we’ve all set together.

“But of course I know I’ll probably be whistled, because it’s never easy to change teams. I’m happy today though, and I’ll be happy to be reunited with the Olimpico and with Roma.”

Pjanic was then asked for his first impressions of the Old Lady, with pre-season having started last week.

“I knew what the opponent was like, what the team is like and what the club is like from the outside.

“Now that I’m inside I’ve seen a lot of different things and I understand why it was always difficult to finish ahead of Juve with Roma.

“I’m here, I’m very happy and we’re working a lot, I understood that right away. I’m available to the team to do great things, to continue to win all the trophies that were already won last year and do even more.

“But there’s definitely a difference between where I was in the past and where I am today.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: ‘Pirlo an example’

http://www.football-italia.net/87232/pjanic-‘pirlo-example’

Jul 12, 2016

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic describes Andrea Pirlo as “an example” but “I won’t copy his game”.

After joining the Bianconeri from Roma, his creative midfield style has inevitably been compared to the veteran regista, but the Bosnian is looking to carve out his own niche.

“There’s a good understanding with the Coach [Max Allegri] for now,” Pjanic told reporters in his presentation Press conference.

“We see each other every day, we talk, I’m getting to know him and little-by-little we’ll speak about my position. For now we’re here to work, to prepare well, and I’m trying to have the best pre-season possible to be ready for the start of the official competitions.

“Everything else, where I’ll play on the pitch, I discussed with the club and the Coach before my definitive transfer to Juve.

“I’ll be helpful because at Roma I was playing in a midfield three, I’m a player who isn’t afraid to have the ball at my feet and I like to play with the others.

“The Coach knows my attributes very well and he’ll put me in a position where he thinks I’ll be the most useful to the team.

“Pirlo is a great player, in all the years he was here he was the best midfielder in Serie A, so of course he’s an example. I won’t copy his game, I’ll do my best as the Coach asks me.

“Obviously we’re different, he was an incredible player, exceptional here at Juve but he played everywhere in the past.

“The club signed me because they think I’ll be very useful, so I’ll give my all to become even stronger and become a top player for this team. I’ll integrate as well as possible and prove my worth on the pitch.

“The comparison with Pirlo is nice obviously, but my game is maybe a little different. Pirlo was a very technical player though, very skilful with the ball at his feet, he did very well for the team.

“I think I can do just as well, and I hope to do it.”

Another point of comparison between the pair is their prowess from free-kicks, is there a particular player who Pjanic tries to imitate?

“I worked with a specialist in Juninho [Pernambucano] when I was at Lyon, but I’ve always said that every player has a different foot on free-kicks, with a different shooting technique.

“I have mine, and I’m improving. I’m trying to always be as dangerous as possible, sometimes deciding games because sometimes big games are decided by set pieces or free-kicks.

“I’ll try to do well, I’m always looking to improve but I know Juve have a lot of players who take them well.

“I want to be decisive like I’ve been for Roma over the last few years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

‘Juventus want to win everything’

http://www.football-italia.net/87233/‘juventus-want-win-everything’

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic says Juventus “want to win everything”, and reveals congratulations from his ex-Roma teammates.

The Bianconeri have made no secret of their Champions League ambitions, and the new signing was asked about the goals for the season ahead.

“The most important thing is to hold onto the trophies which were won last year,” Pjanic explained in a Press conference.

“Of course the team, a club like Juve, always want to win everything. Any opponent we face, whether it’s in the Champions League, League or Coppa we’ll want to win.

“The objectives will always be the highest ones possible. The priority will obviously always be to bring the Scudetto home and write history.

“Six in a row would be a good thing, and I hope I can help Juve to hold on to the Scudetto.”

Leaving Roma to move to Turin caused controversy, but Pjanic says there’s no animosity with his former teammates.

“Everyone congratulated me, everyone was disappointed and I received a lot of messages.

“Before I signed here I called Coach [Luciano] Spalletti and I sent a message to [Francesco] Totti, Daniele [De Rossi], the ones who have been there for so long to thank them for the five years and tell them the choice I’d made.

“A career isn’t long, I was at Roma for five years and I had wonderful years there, I’ll never forget it. Of course it wasn’t easy, because I had five wonderful years there and starting again anywhere wouldn’t be easy.

“The team was disappointed because I got on well with everyone in the dressing room, I had very good relations with everyone, not just the players at Trigoria but everyone at Roma.

“When I said I was changing teams after five years it obviously wasn’t a small thing. The players have complimented me, I’m going to a great club, a great team.

“Obviously they were disappointed that I wouldn’t be part of the Roma dressing room, but that of another team.

“I’ll always have so much respect for them, and they know it well. The messages I received from Totti and other players touched me, but football is like this, it goes on and now I’m very happy to be here.

“I hope to win a lot of things here because I’m at a great club with very good players that will help me to become even stronger and help me achieve what I’ve always wanted: winning trophies.

“I’m sure I chose the right club to do that. Juve didn’t just follow me now, they’re a club which works seriously and they were always interested in one way or another.

“Maybe it couldn’t have been done before, now it’s done and I’m very happy. For me there was no choice but to take a step forward in my career and this is definitely the club to do it.

“Differences with Roma? There is a difference, there’s been a difference since the first day I signed here.

“I got a lot of welcomes from the whole squad, I got a lot of messages from the start and they made me feel welcome and made me realise that I’m at a great club, with great men and great players.

“In addition to winning so much in recent years, the way they welcomed me made me realise that they’re a united team who are happy to have me here, that I can help and that they’re glad I came. That made me very happy.”

It has been suggested that the Bosnian international will live in Paul Pogba’s former apartment, fuelling rumours the Frenchman could leave.

“I don’t know where Pogba lives, I don’t think it was his,” Pjanic shrugged.

“After [the tour of] Australia I think I’ll move into my house, I already chose it during the holidays because it’s always easier to settle-in when you have a house.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: ‘Higuain wouldn’t surprise me’

http://www.football-italia.net/87234/pjanic-‘higuain-wouldn’t-surprise-me’

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic says Juventus signing Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain “wouldn’t surprise me”.

Last season’s Serie A top-scorer is being linked with a move away, with reports this morning suggesting the Bianconeri could made a surprise move.

“If Juve were after a player like Higuain it wouldn’t surprise me, because Juve make sure those kind of players come here,” Pjanic, who joined from Roma this summer, said in a Press conference.

“They make sure they can win everything, every player wants to win trophies at this club. They work very well to make sure they win.

“Anyone coming here wouldn’t surprise me, I’ve seen that they’ll do everything to strengthen the team.”

With Paul Pogba, Pjanic, Claudio Marchisio and Sami Khedira, do the Old Lady have the best midfield in the world?

“The Juventus midfield is definitely strong, there are a lot of us and we’re all useful. We all have different characteristics, but the Coach [Max Allegri] will put the best midfield out to win games.

“There’s nothing to fear from competition, it’s part of our job, there are a lot of players and we’re available to the Coach.

“I’m here to help this team to do as well as possible, there aren’t just three or four of us in midfield, there are a lot of others so the Coach will decide who plays.

“I’ll make sure to do as well as possible, because I want to play, I want to be on the pitch because that’s where I feel the best.

“Then it’s always the pitch that decides who plays and who doesn’t.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic reveals reason behind Juventus shirt number

The midfielder, a €32 million arrival from Roma, picked No.5 due to his admiration for

Zinedine Zidane as he looks to emulate his "idol" after signing a five-year contract.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/07/12/25559642/-?

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic has picked the No.5 shirt at Juventus because of his admiration for "idol" Zinedine Zidane.

The midfielder was unveiled at a press conference on Tuesday after arriving from Roma in a deal worth €32 million, signing a five-year deal.

Pjanic has long spoken of his admiration for Zidane, who won six honours with the club during a five-year stay including two Serie A titles, and will now look to emulate the Real Madrid manager for the Old Lady.

"I will wear the No.5 shirt. Zidane was my idol and had that number," he told reporters. "I'll be proud to wear it."

He continued: "I knew what the team and club were all about before coming here. I'm here to give my all for the team, achieve big objectives and keep winning.

"I'm delighted to be here. It's a great club with wonderful players and I hope to win plenty of silverware.

"Six straight titles would be a magnificent feat. We'd be rewriting history."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Pjanic: “Now I understand why it was

always difficult to finish ahead of Juve”

http://www.juvefc.com/pjanic-juve-roma/?

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic gave his first press conference as a Juventus player, discussing his time at Roma, his future at Juve and the players that inspired him.

Speaking to the gathered press, the Bosnian midfielder spoke about his first experiences at Juventus and the comparisions with Andrea Pirlo.

“There’s a good understanding with the Coach  for now,” Pjanic told reporters.

“We see each other every day, we talk, I’m getting to know him and little-by-little we’ll speak about my position. For now we’re here to work, to prepare well, and I’m trying to have the best pre-season possible to be ready for the start of the official competitions.

“Everything else, where I’ll play on the pitch, I discussed with the club and the Coach before my definitive transfer to Juve.

“I’ll be helpful because at Roma I was playing in a midfield three, I’m a player who isn’t afraid to have the ball at my feet and I like to play with the others.

“The Coach knows my attributes very well and he’ll put me in a position where he thinks I’ll be the most useful to the team.

“Pirlo is a great player, in all the years he was here he was the best midfielder in Serie A, so of course he’s an example. I won’t copy his game, I’ll do my best as the Coach asks me.

“Obviously we’re different, he was an incredible player, exceptional here at Juve but he played everywhere in the past.

“The club signed me because they think I’ll be very useful, so I’ll give my all to become even stronger and become a top player for this team. I’ll integrate as well as possible and prove my worth on the pitch.

“The comparison with Pirlo is nice obviously, but my game is maybe a little different. Pirlo was a very technical player though, very skilful with the ball at his feet, he did very well for the team.

“I think I can do just as well, and I hope to do it.

“I worked with a specialist in Juninho when I was at Lyon, but I’ve always said that every player has a different foot on free-kicks, with a different shooting technique.

“I have mine, and I’m improving. I’m trying to always be as dangerous as possible, sometimes deciding games because sometimes big games are decided by set pieces or free-kicks.

“I’ll try to do well, I’m always looking to improve but I know Juve have a lot of players who take them well. I want to be decisive like I’ve been for Roma over the last few years.”

Pjanic discussed the inevitable return to the capital and playing against former Roma teammates.

“I’ll be very happy to return to Stadio Olimpico. To find the incredible fans, to find my friends with whom I spent five wonderful years, to find people I worked with for five years. So I’ll be really happy.

“It’ll be a bit of a strange game for me, because I spent five wonderful years in that city and with that club, but from day one I’ll be focused on my new team, on my objectives and on the objectives that we’ve all set together.

“But of course I know I’ll probably be whistled, because it’s never easy to change teams. I’m happy today though, and I’ll be happy to be reunited with the Olimpico and with Roma.”

Pjanic was asked about pre-season preparations and first impressions after the first few days of training.

“I knew what the opponent was like, what the team is like and what the club is like from the outside.

“Now that I’m inside I’ve seen a lot of different things and I understand why it was always difficult to finish ahead of Juve with Roma.

“I’m here, I’m very happy and we’re working a lot, I understood that right away. I’m available to the team to do great things, to continue to win all the trophies that were already won last year and do even more.

“But there’s definitely a difference between where I was in the past and where I am today.

“The most important thing is to hold onto the trophies which were won last year.

“Of course the team, a club like Juve, always want to win everything. Any opponent we face, whether it’s in the Champions League, League or Coppa we’ll want to win.

“The objectives will always be the highest ones possible. The priority will obviously always be to bring the Scudetto home and write history.

“Six in a row would be a good thing, and I hope I can help Juve to hold on to the Scudetto.”

Mire went on to explain how he left things with his Roma teammates.

“Everyone congratulated me, everyone was disappointed and I received a lot of messages.

“Before I signed here I called Coach Spalletti and I sent a message to Totti, Daniele , the ones who have been there for so long to thank them for the five years and tell them the choice I’d made.

“A career isn’t long, I was at Roma for five years and I had wonderful years there, I’ll never forget it. Of course it wasn’t easy, because I had five wonderful years there and starting again anywhere wouldn’t be easy.

“The team was disappointed because I got on well with everyone in the dressing room, I had very good relations with everyone, not just the players at Trigoria but everyone at Roma.

“When I said I was changing teams after five years it obviously wasn’t a small thing. The players have complimented me, I’m going to a great club, a great team.

“Obviously they were disappointed that I wouldn’t be part of the Roma dressing room, but that of another team.

“I’ll always have so much respect for them, and they know it well. The messages I received from Totti and other players touched me, but football is like this, it goes on and now I’m very happy to be here.

“I hope to win a lot of things here because I’m at a great club with very good players that will help me to become even stronger and help me achieve what I’ve always wanted: winning trophies.

“I’m sure I chose the right club to do that. Juve didn’t just follow me now, they’re a club which works seriously and they were always interested in one way or another.

“Maybe it couldn’t have been done before, now it’s done and I’m very happy. For me there was no choice but to take a step forward in my career and this is definitely the club to do it.

“Differences with Roma? There is a difference, there’s been a difference since the first day I signed here.

“I got a lot of welcomes from the whole squad, I got a lot of messages from the start and they made me feel welcome and made me realise that I’m at a great club, with great men and great players.

“In addition to winning so much in recent years, the way they welcomed me made me realise that they’re a united team who are happy to have me here, that I can help and that they’re glad I came. That made me very happy.”

“After the tour of Australia I think I’ll move into my house, I already chose it during the holidays because it’s always easier to settle-in when you have a house.”

Finally, Pjanic talked about the likelihood of Gonzalo Higauin joining the club after he was linked with a move to Juve earlier in the day.

“If Juve were after a player like Higuain it wouldn’t surprise me, because Juve make sure those kind of players come here.

“They make sure they can win everything, every player wants to win trophies at this club. They work very well to make sure they win.

“Anyone coming here wouldn’t surprise me, I’ve seen that they’ll do everything to strengthen the team.

“The Juventus midfield is definitely strong, there are a lot of us and we’re all useful. We all have different characteristics, but the Coach will put the best midfield out to win games.

“There’s nothing to fear from competition, it’s part of our job, there are a lot of players and we’re available to the Coach.

“I’m here to help this team to do as well as possible, there aren’t just three or four of us in midfield, there are a lot of others so the Coach will decide who plays.

“I’ll make sure to do as well as possible, because I want to play, I want to be on the pitch because that’s where I feel the best.

“Then it’s always the pitch that decides who plays and who doesn’t.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130732 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Miralem Pjanic officially unveiled as Juventus player

Midfielder will wear No. 5 jersey next season

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/12/12159970/miralem-pjanic-

officially-unveiled-juventus-player-scudetto-number-six

Jul 12, 2016

Miralem Pjanic met the press for the first time as a Juventus player on Tuesday afternoon. While the midfielder had signed for the Bianconeri in June, he was officially unveiled today in a brief press conference alongside the club’s Director General Giuseppe "Beppe" Marotta.

Pjanic answered some questions for journalists present at the event, speaking briefly about a multitude of topics.

On his expectations -

“I’m here to do my bit for the team and achieve big targets. A team like Juventus always wants to beat any opponent in any competition. Winning a sixth consecutive Scudetto would represent a wonderful feat and see history rewritten. I hope I’m able to contribute to us getting there.”

On the welcome he has received from the Bianconeri family -

“I’ve received plenty of welcome messages and everyone’s instantly made me feel at home. It’s a tight-knit group here and I’ll aim to help out my team-mates. We’ve got plenty of top individuals, but Juventus’ strength over the past few years has been the group’s team spirit.”

On comparisons with the great Andrea Pirlo -

“I think our games are a little different. Pirlo was the best midfielder in Serie A and displayed his exceptional qualities wherever he played. I hope I’m able to do just as well.”

On his set-piece abilities -

“I’ve worked alongside a specialist, just like Juninho did when he was at Lyon, but every player has a different technique. I’m perfecting mine and trying to be as dangerous as possible, because games are sometimes decided by set pieces.”

On his first match back at AS Roma -

“I will be happy to go back to the Olimpico. I spent five wonderful years there and it will be a special game for me. It wasn’t easy to leave Rome, but I’m convinced Juventus is the team for me.”

On what jersey number he has chosen -

“Last year I wore the number 15 shirt, but it’s already taken here. I’ll therefore be wearing the number 5. My idol, Zinedine Zidane, wore it and I’ll be very proud to follow in his footsteps.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti