130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

smrn9d.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

5zk2vt.png         885.png

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 - 8:45 p.m.
Juventus Stadium, Turin

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (The Netherlands)

Juventus vs. Monaco: Team News,

Preview for UCL Match

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708259-juventus-vs-monaco-

team-news-preview-live-stream-tv-info-for-ucl-match

May 8, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus host AS Monaco in the second leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final on Tuesday, with one foot already in the final after a 2-0 win in France last week.

A Gonzalo Higuain brace gave the Bianconeri a comfortable cushion after the first leg, and the Serie A giants should finish the job at Juventus Stadium in Turin.

Monaco's only hope is their own ability to get goals in bunches, although even a team as free-scoring as this one will struggle to break down Juve's savvy defence.

Preview

The onus is on Monaco to get goals early in Turin. Fortunately, it's something the Ligue 1 leaders can do.

Monaco won 3-0 in Nancy on Saturday to stay top of Ligue 1. Scoring three is something manager Leonardo Jardim's side has made a habit of this season, per the Champions League official Twitter account:

One of the key members of Monaco's prolific forward line has been 18-year-old striker Kylian Mbappe. The precocious talent has netted 24 goals in all competitions this season, including five in the Champions League, per WhoScored.com.

Mbappe took to Twitter to declare himself ready and eager for the return leg:

Mbappe's star is on the rise, but Higuain is already an established goal-getter. He followed his brace in Monaco by scoring the equaliser for Juventus in Saturday's 1-1 draw against Torino.

Higuain will again count on supply from Juve's pillars of creativity—classy forward Paulo Dybala and mercurial midfield schemer Miralem Pjanic. 

The latter could boss this game if Monaco are missing a key cog from their midfield. Physical holding player Tiemoue Bakayoko is listed as doubtful, per the tournament's official website.

Pjanic will be a vital figure in the midfield battle.
Pjanic will be a vital figure in the midfield battle.Jean Catuffe/Getty Images

Not having Bakayoko's power and defensive instincts would be a big miss for a Monaco side that cannot afford to conceded another goal. The visitors could also use the raiding runs of full-back Djibril Sidibe, who is another doubt, per the same source.

Ultimately, though, the task looks too tough for Monaco to turn around a two-goal deficit against a side as well-drilled as Juve. Expect the Serie A leaders to reach their second Champions League final in three seasons.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Ranieri: ‘Juventus must be focused’

http://www.football-italia.net/102277/ranieri-‘juventus-must-be-focused’

May 8, 2017

Claudio Ranieri warns Juventus “have to be focused” in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final with Monaco.

The Bianconeri won 2-0 at Stade Louis II, making them firm favourites to reach the final, but the man who Coached both teams doesn’t think it’s all over.

“Juve have one foot in the next round and I don’t think they’ll let this chance slip,” Ranieri explained to La Stampa.

“As we saw in Monte Carlo they’re very secure, experienced and convinced of their means. They’ll have to be focused this time too though. Monaco have players who can cause them problems, and we saw that in Monte Carlo.

“I’m thinking of the first chance for [Kylian] Mbappé, or [Radamel] Falcao’s at the start of the second half. These are guys you have to watch.

“The Colombian is an incredible centre-forward who works really well with Mbappé, someone who will be the future of great teams.

“Juve have got back to winning with a great club structure, who choose and judge the youngsters and have constructed a solid and historic fortress.

“Two years ago they were in the Champions League final. At the back Juve have players who are in great harmony with each other. If one doesn’t get there, the other one will, or if a third is needed there’s [Gianluigi] Buffon.

“They have professionalism and respect, an example to follow.

“Can Juve win the Champions League? As [Max] Allegri says, one step at a time.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Monaco Betting Special:

Higuain out to repeat first-leg feats

With the prolific visitors facing a solid Bianconeri defence, Al Hain-Cole

is backing Gonzalo Higuain to continue his fine form at the other end.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2995/betting/2017/05/08/35320332/-

May 8, 2017

With a two-goal first-leg deficit to pull back, Monaco will need to rediscover their previously prolific form when they head to Turin to take on Juventus in Tuesday’s Champions League semi-final.

That match saw Leonardo Jardim’s men fail to score for just the fourth time in 57 fixtures this season, and brought to an end a run of 12 goals in four knockout stage ties.

Nevertheless, having scored 28 goals in all competitions so far this campaign, Radamel Falcao may back himself at  to get a comeback underway by breaking the deadlock at the Juventus Stadium, or  to strike anytime.

Paulo Dybala Monaco Juventus Champions League

Having hit the net five times in four Champions League knockout stage matches prior to the 2-0 defeat at the Stade Louis II, Kylian Mbappe certainly looks a tempting prospect at  to add to his burgeoning reputation with another goal here.

On the scoresheet for the 14th time in all competitions against Nancy at the weekend, Thomas Lemar is also sure to pose a threat from midfield, and can be backed at  to see his name in lights at the home of the Italian champions.

However, while they will have their work cut out to penetrate a defence that has kept six consecutive European clean sheets, Les Rouges et Blancs are also up against it to keep Massimiliano Allegri’s star-studded side at bay at the other end of the pitch.

GFX Juventus Monaco scorer betting

After disproving accusations of going missing in big matches by grabbing both goals in the first leg, Gonzalo Higuain is the hosts’  favourite to open the scoring once again in this one.

The Argentina international now has nine goals to his name in the last nine matches, and looks well worth the investment at  to find the back of the net once again here.

Meanwhile, Paulo Dybala’s return of four goals from six knockout stage matches makes him a strong proposition at , with Mario Mandzukic on offer at  to help put to bed a tie that is very much in Juventus’ hands.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Trezeguet: ’Juventus obsessed with CL’

http://www.football-italia.net/102281/trezeguet-’juventus-obsessed-cl’

May 8, 2017

David Trezeguet confirms “the Champions League is our obsession, the number one objective for Juventus”.

The former striker is the Bianconeri’s all-time top foreign goalscorer, and is now an ambassador for the club around the world.

Tomorrow sees the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against another of his former teams, Monaco, with the Old Lady holding a 2-0 lead from the first leg in Monte Carlo.

“The Champions League is our obsession, the number one objective for Juventus,” Trezeguet admitted in an interview with L’Équipe.

“Gigi [Buffon] is aware that players are very much remembered by their achievements, and he really wants to win this trophy, one of the only ones he hasn’t won.

“It would be the culmination of a fantastic career. And in a way he represents us, we who could not win it [in 2003].

“This group clearly deserves to be where it is today, and the goal is to go until the end. In the away game with Monaco, they managed the match perfectly.

“Physically the team is better than two years ago, when we lost the final to Barcelona. I saw a determined, aggressive and well-organised team with a positive attitude.

“If we meet Real Madrid in the final, as should be the case, we have the weapons to face them as our equal.”

Gonzalo Higuain scored twice in the first leg against Monaco, and Trezeguet feels that will be a weight off the Argentine’s shoulders.

“He scored anew at a crucial point in this competition, at a crucial moment which allowed the team to take a step closer to the final.

“His statistics have been clear so far, he has always been very effective in the League but he encountered difficulties in European competition.

“It’s ideal for his confidence as we approach a crucial point of the season.”

The former French international was also asked about Monaco, and he was full of praise for Leandro Jardim’s side.

“They’re on their way to winning their first Ligue 1 title for 17 years, they last won in my final season,” Trezeguet pointed out.

“The players have had a great season, and we can’t take any credit away from them for having reached the Champions League semi-finals.

“Juventus, though our collective and experience have proven to be superior, at his level you can’t afford the slightest error.

“These Monégasques have enormous potential though, and they can congratulate themselves on having flown the flag for French football this season.

“Kylian Mbappé? He’s a unique player, one who stands out from the others but he’s still young and the Juventus defenders don’t make your task easy.

“Dani Alves, [Andrea] Barzagli and co made him realise right away he wasn’t going to have a good evening.

“By his standards he was quiet, but gradually he’ll reach a very high level. He’s a huge talent.

“Titi [Thierry Henry] played more on the wing and had more speed and power, while Mbappé moves all along the attack.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Buffon: CL equal to World Cup

http://www.football-italia.net/102288/buffon-cl-equal-world-cup

May 8, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon admits winning the Champions League with Juventus “would be the greatest joy of my career, together with the World Cup.”

Buffon kept goal for Italy when they were crowned world champions in 2006, and the Juve veteran remains determined to add to that success by avenging his Champions League heartbreak of 2003 and 2015.

“I’ll let you into a little secret,” he explained to UEFA.com ahead of Tuesday’s semi-final second leg against Monaco, with his side 2-0 up on away goals.

“Around the 30-minute mark of their match away to Manchester City, I sent a message to one of our directors, saying: ‘Hey, this lot could make it to the final; they’re really strong!’

“That shows you how much respect we have for them. They play positive, energetic football and they’re a sparkling, physical side with quality players and a lot of experience.

“We know that if we want to get another shot at winning the Champions League, we have to overcome an obstacle that’ll be at least as tricky as Barcelona in footballing terms.

“I was thinking the other day that I’ve managed to span almost three generations. When I started playing, you still had guys born in the end of the ‘50s and the ‘60s –and I’ll finish with guys born in the 2000s.

“It’s a huge span of time! It’s nice knowing that I’m playing with the future Messis, Cristiano Ronaldos and Neymars, because in 10 years, after I have been retired for a while, they will be confirmed superstars and I’ll remember facing them at the dawn of their careers.

“There’s definitely a desire to make up for losing the final in Berlin [to Barcelona in 2015], but I also have to make amends for Manchester in 2003 [when Juventus lost to AC Milan on penalties], so going back through the years my motivation is a lot deeper.

“In 2015, we lost it at a moment when Barcelona were on the ropes. We let in a goal almost on the counterattack: Messi hammered a shot on goal, I diverted it and Suárez scored.

“Losing on penalties in 2003 was very painful, but since I was only 25, I was fairly calm because I was convinced I’d win many more!

“That’s the exuberance of youth. I was so close to winning it on that occasion; they missed three penalties in that final – I saved two of them. Strange things happen.

“It wasn’t meant to be and we weren’t good enough. In sport and life, those who deserve it more probatbly end up getting their rewards.

“After the return leg against Barcelona this season I was very happy, of course, but I did not celebrate too much, because I know that after a certain point you either win the trophy or get disappointed.

“And since I have been disappointed so many times, I want to get the victory before allowing myself to celebrate!

It would mean a lot for me. It would be the greatest joy of my career, together with the [2006] World Cup, because it would almost be a reward – the end of a very difficult road paved by bravery, stubbornness and hard work.

“I have always wanted to win it and I have always been convinced that I can do it together with my team, the fans, my colleagues.

“That would be great – we can talk about it later if it happens!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus appear Cardiff-bound but

don't rule out Monaco just yet

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/uefa-champions-league/2/blog/post/3121955/juventus

-appear-chjampions-league-final-bound-but-dont-rule-out-monaco-just-yet

May 8, 2017

Ahead of Juventus and Monaco's Champions league semifinal second leg, Julien Laurens and James Horncastle have been chatting again.

The Italian side lead 2-0 on aggregate after a commanding display in the teams' opening game but, as Julien says to begin; it's not over yet...

So James, my friend,

You didn't think you would get rid of me so easily, did you? No, I am still here, just like Monaco! And Juventus should be careful not to write them off before the second leg, as many people -- including you! -- are doing. This tie is not over just yet. Juve were so "Juve" last week, efficient with Gonzalo Higuain and solid with Gianlugi Buffon; nothing new there. But there is still hope for Monaco, who found a way to create big chances in the first leg, and unsettle the Juve defence.

This time, playing away from home will even be better for them. They are so good on the counter, as we saw at Manchester City (despite their defeat), at Dortmund and also at Wembley against Tottenham. Leonardo Jardim and his players have learnt from the first leg; they won't make the same mistakes and they will not give up. They really believe they can come back in this tie. They have already scored over 150 goals this season in all competitions and so naturally fancy themselves to add two more -- at least -- to that tally.

Julien, I'm glad you brought up Buffon, mon cher,

I still find it baffling how reluctant people are to consider him the undisputed world No. 1. Maybe it's because he's 39 and, after a while, people want to see a new champion. But if Juventus have kept a club record six consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League this season and are currently 621 minutes and counting without conceding a goal, it's down in no small part to their inspirational captain.

OK, Paulo Dybala stole the headlines against Barcelona and it was Higuain and Dani Alves' turn against Monaco. But, in each of those games, Buffon came up big. People are quick to forget how he denied Andres Iniesta when the score was 1-0 in Turin or, last week, Kylian Mbappe at 0-0, Radamel Falcao at 1-0 and Valerie Germain at 2-0. Buffon had to pull off five saves at the Stade Louis II, which is the most he's had to make in this competition since the group stages of last season. No wonder La Stampa celebrated his Mani d'oro -- "golden hands."

"He's still the best goalkeeper in the world," Juventus manager Max Allegri said after the first leg; Buffon ttranscends his position. On the flight back to Turin, one of his teammates was overheard saying: "He's our Cristiano Ronaldo." And even if Monaco do get past him, Jules, do you really see them winning at the J Stadium, where Juve have lost only once in Europe? Need I remind you that was more than four years ago.

Ha, I love Buffon too, James!

And I agree with you that he is the undisputed No. 1. The Champions League is the only thing that is missing from his trophy cabinet and unfortunately for him, he will have to wait at least another year to win it, because Monaco will win in Turin and go through. After all, this is a season in which Barcelona produced the remontada of all remontadas against Paris Saint-Germain; there is another twist to come and it will happen on Tuesday. If any team is capable of a great comeback, it is Monaco!

This time, Jardim will get his tactics right. Benjamin Mendy will be back, while. Falcao and Mbappe want their revenge over Buffon and will take their chances. The Monegasques will continue to create chances and bring craziness, pace and intensity to the game, everything that Juve will not want. They will want to slow the game down and control it but Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar and Co. will be unstoppable. Monaco have a rendezvous with destiny and they won't miss it.

Jules, tu es fou! Crazy, I tell you.

You do know that only two teams have overturned a first-leg defeat at home in the Champions League knockout rounds? One was Louis van Gaal's Ajax against Panathinaikos in 1996 -- let's just pause for a moment to reminisce about Jari Litmanen. OK, done -- and the other was Inter against Bayern Munich back in 2011, AKA when Inter used to get into the Champions League.

Granted, Monaco have been breathtaking on the road this season.They scored twice at Villarreal and Spurs and three times at Man City and Dortmund; beads of sweat are forming on my brow just thinking about it! But then I remember that this Juventus team has reached half-time in 12 games this season without even allowing a single shot on goal. What really struck me in Monaco was how confident, assured and unflappable Juve looked. They seemed completely at ease, which is perhaps the biggest measure of how far Allegri has brought them on from the days of Antonio Conte.

Perhaps by dint of not being associated with a buzzword style like gegenpressing or tiki-taka, Allegri does not receive the acclaim he richly deserves. He is a masterful tactician, has great instincts, has managed a transition to enable young players to come through and turned Juventus into so much more than a team with a great defence. No one saw 3-4-2-1 coming last week and, watching the game back, Juventus changed system five times in the game. Allegri kept Jardim guessing and I'm not sure he'll have the answers on Tuesday!

Come now, James!

As an educated man, you know what R. D. Laing (who died in France, not far from Monaco, by the way) used to say: "Insanity: a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world." It has been a crazy season in a crazy world and Monaco beating Juve on Tuesday, however hard it might seem, would be a perfect addition to the story!

And I am glad you brought up the Ajax '96 team because, in many ways, this Monaco side is similar to that of LVG back them, boasting youth, talent, belief and insouciance. I am convinced that, before being dismantled like Ajax were, Monaco will make it all the way to the top. Just like Ajax did.

Focus on the league, Jules; leave Europe to the Old Lady.

Allegri rested eight players for this game, while. Jardim only rotated Mbappe and Tiemoue Bakayoko. A big part of that is to do with depth, but I think it also shows Monaco's intentions. A first league title since 2000 is within touching distance and, regardless of how this project started, that's a remarkable achievement. Jardim said he wouldn't swap winning the league for one night in Turin. Ligue 1 is returning to the Principality but the Champions League is en route to Turin via Cardiff.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Buffon determined to end Champions

League pain by leading Juve to glory

Europe's premier club competition has eluded the veteran Italy goalkeeper

throughout his career and he is keen to add it to his haul of honours.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/05/08/35329882/-

May 8, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon hopes to exorcise the demons of two painful Champions League final defeats with Juventus by finally winning the competition for the first time in his illustrious career.

The veteran goalkeeper played a key role in Juve's 2-0 semi-final first-leg win in Monaco, making five saves as Gonzalo Higuain struck twice at the other end, with a meeting against Real Madrid in the decider now seemingly inevitable.

The Bianconeri set a club record by recording their sixth successive clean sheet in the Champions League with that victory and Buffon is keen to make up for the disappointment of losing finals to AC Milan in 2003 and Barcelona two years ago.

"There's definitely a desire to make up for losing the [2015] final in Berlin, but I also have to make amends for Manchester in 2003, so going back through the years my motivation is a lot deeper," Buffon told UEFA.com.

"In 2015, we lost it at a moment when Barcelona were on the ropes. We let in a goal almost on the counter-attack: [Lionel] Messi hammered a shot on goal, I diverted it and [Luis] Suarez scored.

"Losing on penalties in 2003 was very painful, but since I was only 25, I was fairly calm because I was convinced I'd win many more. That's the exuberance of youth.

Gigi Buffon Monaco Juve Champions LeagueGianluigi Buffon Lionel Messi Barcelona Juventus UCL 19042017

"I was so close to winning it on that occasion; they missed three penalties in that final - I saved two of them. Strange things happen. It wasn't meant to be and we weren't good enough. In sport and life, those who deserve it more probably end up getting their rewards. 

"After the return leg [in the quarter-finals] against Barcelona this season I was very happy, of course, but I did not celebrate too much, because I know that after a certain point you either win the trophy or get disappointed. And since I have been disappointed so many times, I want to get the victory before allowing myself to celebrate.

"It would mean a lot for me. It would be the greatest joy of my career, together with the [2006] World Cup, because it would almost be a reward - the end of a very difficult road paved by bravery, stubbornness and hard work.

"I have always wanted to win it and I have always been convinced that I can do it together with my team, the fans, my colleagues. That would be great."

At the age of 39 Buffon is coming towards the end of his career, but the Italy international is enjoying testing himself against the next generation, including Monaco's brilliant teenage striker Kylian Mbappe, who is 21 years his junior.

"Mbappe was born in December 1998 - I had already played at the World Cup in France by then," added Buffon, who is expected to make his 150th UEFA competition appearance in Juve's semi-final second leg against Monaco on Tuesday.

"That's the nice thing about having such a long career: meeting kids who weren't even born when you already had a chunk of your career under your belt.

"I was thinking the other day that I've managed to span almost three generations. When I started playing, you still had guys born in the end of the 1950s and the 1960s – and I'll finish with guys born in the 2000s. It's a huge span of time. 

"It's nice knowing that I'm playing with the future Messis, Cristiano Ronaldos and Neymars, because in 10 years, after I have been retired for a while, they will be confirmed superstars and I'll remember facing them at the dawn of their careers."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

No surprises in Juve squad

http://www.football-italia.net/102296/no-surprises-juve-squad

May 8, 2017

There are no surprises in the Juventus squad for Tuesday’s Champions League semi-final second leg against Monaco.

Marko Pjaca and Daniele Rugani are Juve’s only absences, with the former nursing an ACL tear and the defender not expected back until the end of the month.

The Bianconeri are seen as heavy favourites to reach the final as they look to preserve two away goals on home soil.

Juve squad for Monaco: Buffon, Neto, Audero; Chiellini, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Mattiello, Barzagli, Bonucci, Alves, Lichtsteiner; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Lemina, Asamoah, Sturaro, Rincon; Cuadrado, Higuain, Mandzukic, Dybala

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2wg6lhu.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Preview: Juventus vs. AS Monaco

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/juventus/champions-league

/preview/preview-juventus-vs-as-monaco_297707.html

May 8, 2017

Juventus are overwhelming favourites to reach a second Champions League final in the space of three years when they welcome AS Monaco to Turin for the second leg of their semi-final on Tuesday night.

The Italian giants boast a 2-0 aggregate lead as Gonzalo Higuain's brace in Monaco last week put his side in complete control of the tie, and the Ligue 1 leaders must now pull off an unprecedented comeback if they are to reach the final for just a second time.

Juventus

Juventus head coach Massimiliano Allegri smiles during the UEFA Champions League group stage match between Juventus and Manchester City FC at Juventus Arena on November 25, 2015© Getty Images

It says plenty for the quality throughout this Juventus team that many regard them as favourites to go all the way and lift the Champions League trophy this season, despite the presence of 11-time and defending champions Real Madrid still in the competition.

The first leg of this tie was given the age-old billing of the unstoppable force versus the immovable object - Monaco's free-scoring attack, the most prolific in Europe, against Juve's battle-hardened defence, the meanest in this season's competition having conceded just two goals.

In the end it was barely a contest. On the few occasions that Monaco managed to breach the Juve wall of Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli, Gianluigi Buffon was there to deny them as the Italian quartet chalked up a sixth consecutive Champions League clean sheet - two of which came against Barcelona's sensational front three.

Count Dani Alves among that defensive unit if you will, but the Brazilian was more of an attacking force at the Stade Louis II and set up both of Higuain's goals with a pair of exquisite assists.

Higuain is arguably the closest this Juventus side have to a star man in the ilk of Cristiano Ronaldo, Antoine Griezmann or Lionel Messi, and the Argentine came to his side's rescue again at the weekend with a late equaliser against Torino in the Turin derby.

Higuain now has 32 goals for the season across all competitions - the first player to reach that tally for Juve since David Trezeguet in 2002 - and he is now just five short of the club's all-time single season scoring record of 37, held by Felice Borel since 1934.

The striker could have six games to get those five goals too, with three more Serie A outings to come in addition to the Coppa Italia final and what looks likely to be two more games in the Champions League.

The treble is still on for the Bianconeri, then, although Saturday's draw with Torino made them wait for the Serie A title until at least Sunday, when they take on second-placed Roma at the Stadio Olimpico.

Torino also halted an incredible run of 33 consecutive Serie A home wins for Juventus, becoming the first visiting team to take league points off the Old Lady since September 2015, but Juve's home form remains a daunting prospect for Monaco.

Massimiliano Allegri's side are unbeaten in their last 22 European home games stretching back to April 2013, keeping clean sheets in seven of their last nine including their impressive 3-0 win over Barcelona in the quarter-finals.

Juve have also won the home leg in all but two of their previous 11 European Cup semi-finals and have only twice lost at home following an away victory in a two-legged European tie. On both occasions Juve have still gone on to progress, though, with a perfect 100% record of qualifying after winning the away first leg in European competition - something they have achieved 37 times.

If any more good omens were needed for the Old Lady, Juve have won all 11 of their previous two-legged ties against French opposition and on the two occasions where they have gone all the way to lift this trophy, they beat a Ligue 1 side in the semi-finals.

Two European crowns does not seem like enough for a club of Juve's stature, but not many will be backing against them to add a third title in Cardiff this season considering how impressive they have been throughout the campaign.

Recent form: WWWWDW
Recent form (all competitions): WDWDWD

Monaco

AS Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim watches on during his side's Champions League last 16 first leg with Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium on February 21, 2017© SilverHub

If this is the stage where Monaco's Champions League journey comes to an end, then at least has been a memorable ride for France's entertainers.

Just a few years ago Leonardo Jardim's side were heavily criticised for being too defensive and negative, scoring just 51 goals in the 2014-15 Ligue 1 season and 57 the following year.

This season, however, only Barcelona have outscored them in Europe's top five leagues, with Saturday's 3-0 win over Nancy taking them on to 98 league goals for the campaign with three games still to play - not to mention leaving them effectively two wins short of a first league title since 2000.

Monaco are already guaranteed a place in next season's Champions League group stage, but if they are to replicate this season's invigorating performances both at home and abroad then they will first need to fend off interest in the likes of Kylian Mbappe, Tiemoue Bakayoko and Bernardo Silva.

It is a group of players which has already beaten the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund this term, but the challenge of Juventus looks to be a step too far for now and if Monaco are to progress then they will need to become the first team to ever overturn a two-goal first-leg home defeat in the Champions League.

Last week's encounter was only the second time Monaco have failed to score in this season's competition, and they have been eliminated from all five of their previous European matches in which they lost the home first leg - most recently crashing out at the hands of Leeds United in the 1995-96 UEFA Cup first round.

Monaco actually won the away second leg of that tie, but that is the only time they have managed that following a home first-leg defeat and, when it comes to the semi-finals of this competition, they are winless in three attempts away from home - with two defeats coming in Italy.

Indeed, their overall record on these shores will not inspire confidence for the club's fans, with no wins and six defeats from their seven previous visits, scoring just two goals and conceding 14 in that time.

Considering Monaco need at least two goals on Tuesday night alone to stand any chance of progressing, it looks as though they are heading for a fifth European semi-final defeat at the hands of an Italian club, and a second to Juventus.

There is always a glimmer of hope when a team has such prolific goalscorers in their ranks, though. Jardim's side have scored three or more times on no fewer than 27 occasions this season and two or more in 16 away games, including seven of their last nine.

Monaco have also won 14 of their last 17 outings across all competitions, although it could be argued that they have been found lacking in must-win games considering that the only matches they have failed to win in that time were two cup finals against Paris Saint-Germain and the first leg of this tie.

Even so, Tuesday's visitors have little choice but to go all out attack at the Juventus Stadium, and with the likes of Radamel Falcao and Mbappe up front, the latter of whom has 18 goals in his last 20 games at the age of just 18, that could make for an exciting spectacle.

Recent form: LLWWWL
Recent form (all competitions): WWLWLW

Team News

Sami Khedira (L) of Juventus tackles Yevhen Konoplyanka of Sevilla during the UEFA Champions League group E match between Juventus and Sevilla FC on September 30, 2015 © Getty Images

Allegri is able to welcome Sami Khedira back from suspension for Tuesday's match, with the German expected to be restored straight into the starting lineup.

Juve rested a host of first-team players for Saturday's derby against Turin, and the likes of Buffon, Alves, Chiellini, Alex Sandro, Higuain and Miralem Pjanic are all likely to come back into the side in midweek.

Allegri could once again go for three at the back considering the success of that tactic in the first leg, which means that the return of Khedira - most likely in place of Claudio Marchisio - could be the only change from the match at the Stade Louis II.

Monaco, meanwhile, were only able to rest two players at the weekend, with both Mbappe and Bakayoko coming off the bench in the final 15 minutes.

Bakayoko remains a minor doubt due to his broken nose, but having played with a mask during the first leg he is expected to start once again on Tuesday alongside Fabinho in the middle of the park.

Djibril Sidibe is another doubt for the visitors, although the full-back should also be fit to start in Turin.

Juventus possible starting lineup:
Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Alves, Pjanic, Khedira, Sandro; Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic

Monaco possible starting lineup:
Subasic; Dirar, Glik, Jemerson, Sidibe; Silva, Fabinho, Bakayoko, Lemar; Falcao, Mbappe

Head To Head

These two sides have met on two previous occasions in the Champions League, including one semi-final tie that went the way of Juventus.

A hat-trick from Alessandro del Piero and a fourth from Zinedine Zidane helped Juve to a 4-1 home win in the first leg of that encounter, which was enough to see them through to the 1998 final despite a 3-2 defeat in the second leg.

These two sides also met in the quarter-finals just two years ago, with Arturo Vidal's first-leg penalty in Turin proving to be the only goal of the tie.

Sports Mole Logo© SM / Sports Mole

We say: Juventus 2-0 Monaco

Against almost any other team in world football, Monaco might have had a chance to overturn this deficit due to their electric attacking unit, but Juventus have already dealt with them and did the same to Barcelona's MSN in the previous round. It looks to be an impossible task for the visitors, and we're going for another professional Juventus triumph.

Who will reach the final of the Champions League - Juventus or Monaco?

Juventus

100.0%
Monaco

0.0%

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus have weapons to match Real Madrid

in Champions League final – Trezeguet

The former Bianconeri striker believes they are good enough to take down

Zinedine Zidane's men as the teams look set to meet in the showpiece.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/05/08/35333492/-

May 8, 2017

David Trezeguet says Juventus have the weapons to match Real Madrid if the two teams progress to the Champions League final next month.

Juve and Madrid are both on course for the Cardiff final as they hold 2-0 and 3-0 leads over Monaco and Atletico Madrid respectively going into this week's second legs.

Trezeguet, now an ambassador for the Italian champions having represented them in is playing days, feels Juve now have the capability to stand toe-to-toe with Zinedine Zidane's competition holders.

"This group clearly deserves to be where it is today, and the goal is to go until the end," he said to L'Equipe.

"In the away game with Monaco, they managed the match perfectly.

"Physically the team is better than two years ago, when we lost the final to Barcelona. I saw a determined, aggressive and well-organised team with a positive attitude.

"If we meet Real Madrid in the final, as should be the case, we have the weapons to face them as our equal."

Trezeguet thinks Champions League glory would be the perfect way for former team-mate Gianluigi Buffon to cap his illustrious career.

"The Champions League is our obsession, the number one objective for Juventus," he said.

"Gigi is aware that players are very much remembered by their achievements, and he really wants to win this trophy, one of the only ones he hasn't won.

"It would be the culmination of a fantastic career. And in a way he represents us, those of us who could not win it [in the 2003 final against AC Milan]."

Trezeguet also paid tribute to Monaco, another of his former clubs, ahead of Tuesday's second leg in Turin.

"They are on their way to winning their first Ligue 1 title for 17 years, they last won it in my final season," he said.

"The players have had a great season and we can't take any credit away from them for having reached the Champions League semi-finals.

"Juventus, through our collective and experience have proven to be superior - at this level you cannot afford the slightest error.

"Monaco have enormous potential, though, and they can congratulate themselves on having flown the flag for French football this season."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: Monaco nothing to lose

http://www.football-italia.net/102299/allegri-monaco-nothing-lose

May 8, 2017

Juventus boss Max Allegri has warned that his side “still have to quality for the final” and Monaco “have nothing to lose” on Tuesday.

Juve lead Monaco 2-0 and on away goals in their Champions League semi-final, but Allegri made it clear the Bianconeri would play to win the second leg as the principality outfit were capable of causing “great difficulties”.

“Tomorrow we’re playing against Monaco and we still have to qualify for the final,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“We have to win in order to get to Cardiff. Monaco have nothing to lose, they have players that can cause great difficulties.

“Dani Alves? He’s in a good run of form, like the rest of the team. After his injury, we found an important player that brings us experience.

“Tomorrow’s choices? I still have to decide whether to play Barzagli or Cuadrado.

“Marchisio can be a great gamechanger, like Pjanic was on Saturday.

“What must Juve do tomorrow? Play an aggressive game, play well technically and even better than we did in Monaco, where we were often wrong, with more patience.

“Still, we’re in a beautiful spell. We’re in full swing.

“We still have to win the Scudetto, so we’ll think about getting to the final in Cardiff first and then Roma.

“The point against Torino? It was crucial not to drop points on Saturday. We won 33 times in a row at home, and sooner or later it had to stop.

“Games are there to be won, but when you can’t, it’s important not to lose them.

“What mustn’t be done tomorrow? We mustn’t worry about winning by force, but at the same time we have to play the match as if it was a dry one.

“We have to face it with that mentality.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Massimiliano Allegri warns Juventus

of Monaco threat in second leg

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3122156/massimiliano-

allegri-warns-juventus-of-monaco-threat-in-second-leg

May 8, 2017

Massimiliano Allegri has warned his Juventus side that they are not in the Champions League final yet as they prepare for the second leg of their semifinal tie with Monaco on Tuesday night.

The Bianconeri have a 2-0 advantage from the first leg in the principality last week, but the Juve coach has warned his side not to be complacent. They must finish the job at the Juventus Stadium before they can make plans for a trip to Cardiff in June.

"We must not think that we are through because of the result of the first leg -- we must treat this like a single knockout match," Allegri said. "We need to try to emerge with a positive result from this game and that means taking the right approach and attacking Monaco."

Juve can clinch the Serie A title at the weekend by beating Roma and there is a risk that they are already looking ahead to that game. That too would be a mistake, according to Allegri, who knows this is the most important seven days of his side's season so far.

"We're in good form but there is a month to go to the end of the season and we have only reached one of our objectives so far, and that is the final of the Coppa Italia," he said. "Now we've got to think about Monaco and then, the day after tomorrow, we will think about the Roma match."

Allegri is set to name his usual four-man attack with Gonzalo Higuain, Mario Mandzukic, Paulo Dybala and Juan Cuadrado all set to start. Higuain appeared to pick up a knock in training on Monday, but Allegri has played that down by saying he "did not even notice" the Argentinian struggling.

r207323_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp
Gonzalo Higuain appeared to pick up a knock in training on Monday.

"He's fit -- really fit," he said.

He only therefore has one doubt and that is in midfield. Sami Khedira is back after missing the first leg due to suspension, but Claudio Marchisio and Miralem Pjanic are also options.

Giorgio Chiellini is certain of his place in the defence, but like his coach, he is not certain of playing in Cardiff.

"We've got to get their first," Chiellini said. "We've got a semifinal to play and we've got to get through 95 minutes full of dangers, even if we have the experience to manage this fixture. Let's get through and then we can think of the final.

"When you can see the finish line approaching, it motivates you even more. We've been working hard since July to get to where we are now. When you see the end you have dreamed for arriving, it gives you even more hunger to get there."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: Juventus Must Forget About First Leg Victory

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/05/allegri-juventus-must-forget-about-first-leg-victory/

May 8, 2017

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has warned his players that they must take nothing for granted as they prepare to battle Monaco in the second leg of their Champions League semi-finals tie.

The Italian giants have one foot firmly in the final after a 2-0 away win at the Stade Louis II last week, but the tactician made it clear his side must maintain their focus if they want to get past the Ligue 1 leaders on Tuesday.

“You never know what can happen in football,” he told the assembled press on Monday. “We must maintain our focus.

“Monaco have nothing to lose and they have quality players. A place in the final must be earned, just like the Scudetto.

“At this time we’ve only reached the Coppa Italia final. Tomorrow night we will try to get to Cardiff, then we will think about Roma as we are still in a good position for the Scudetto.”

Juventus enter Tuesday’s match on the back of a 1-1 draw against city rivals Torino, but Allegri believes his side are at the top of their form.

higuain-juventus-ucl-640x403.jpg

“I think we are in peak form, but we’ll see what happens on the field tomorrow,” he added.

“A draw in the derby was key. We want to win every match, but after 33 consecutive home wins a draw can happen.

“If you can’t win then you must get a draw, just like at Bergamo, as titles are also won by a point.”

Juventus sit seven points up on nearest rivals Roma with three matches remaining in the Serie A campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Monaco's Leonardo Jardim vows

to play 'best team' at Juventus

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/as-monaco/story/3122174/monacos-leonardo

-jardim-vows-to-play-best-team-at-juventus-despite-deficit

May 8, 2017

Leonardo Jardim has vowed to pick Monaco's "best team" for Tuesday's Champions League semifinal second leg at Juventus, despite his squad being stretched thin by a sapping season.

Monaco's route to the last four of European club football's elite competition started in July with a third qualifying round tie with Fenerbahce, and deep runs into the Coupe de la Ligue and Coupe de France have meant his side face their 60th competitive fixture when they step onto the pitch in Turin.

Trailing 2-0 from last week's first leg in the principality, and with just one victory from his team's three remaining league fixtures needed to clinch the Ligue 1 title for the first time since 1999-2000, Jardim may have been tempted to write off the second leg as a match lost.

The Portuguese tactician, however, promised his best XI will be on the pitch at kick-off against the Bianconeri.

"Monaco is the team that has played the most in Europe. We need to give our all. We'll put out our best team," Jardim told media at Monday's prematch news conference. "We're in a difficult situation. But I think I'm in a very good situation. A lot of coaches are out of the competition. I want to enjoy tomorrow's game."

The former Olympiakos coach will hope the match makes for better viewing than the 90 minutes his team endured at the Stade Louis II on Wednesday.

Gonzalo Higuain scored both goals in the principality, leaving Juve with one foot in the final and Monaco needing to become the first team ever to overturn such a deficit if they are to have a chance of winning "the cup with big ears" for the first time since finishing runners-up to Jose Mourinho's Porto in 2003-04.

"We'll have to attack, but keep a cool head, because by playing like madmen we can concede two or three goals in a row," Jardim warned his side, who have earned plaudits for their stunning attacking play this season.

"We need to change a lot of things to get a result. Everyone wants to go to the final. I'm very proud of this team. In July, no-one saw us getting this far."

Jardim has taken the same squad that won 3-0 at Nancy to move within touching distance of the Ligue 1 crown that has been Paris Saint-Germain's for the last four seasons.

Keeping the reigning champions and their impressive squad at bay has shown the quality within Jardim's squad and given them the self-belief they can compete with the continent's best, Juve included.

"If we're here, it's that we believe from the start. We lost the first leg. We're going to put in everything needed to put in a great display. Why not dream of going to the final?" Monaco full-back Djibril Sidibe explained.

"We have had a exceptional season. We're going to give everything to win this match. We've come here with those intentions. The task is difficult but not insurmountable. We have to play the perfect match. In spite of our youth, there's a lot of talent. We have to leave without regrets with the feeling of having given everything."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

34e7ujn.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Jardim: Juventus Experience Puts Monaco At A Disadvantage

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2017/05/jardim-juventus

-experience-puts-monaco-at-a-disadvantage/

May 8, 2017

Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim still believes his side can reach the Champions League final, though he knows his inexperienced side are at a disadvantage against Juventus.

The Bianconeri enter Tuesday’s semi-finals second leg ahead 2-0, and the tactician knows that his side must be at their absolute best if they are to have any chance of claiming the result they need in Turin.

“Juve caused us serious problems in Monte Carlo,” Jardim told the assembled press. “If we want to qualify then we must do more.

“It won’t be easy and we make some changes, but we must give 100 percent.

“I looked at the history of all the Bianconeri players, and they are all of the highest quality.

“Their least experienced player is on par with our most experienced player, so you can imagine the gap.”

Monaco currently sit atop the Ligue 1 standings, three points up on PSG with a game in hand.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Chiellini: Belief the difference

http://www.football-italia.net/102298/chiellini-belief-difference

May 8, 2017

Giorgio Chiellini claims belief is the key difference between the Juventus sides of 2015 and now. “Even we didn’t believe that we got to the final…”

Juve are on course to reach a second Champions League final in three years as they lead Monaco by two away goals ahead of Tuesday’s last-four second leg, and Chiellini is confident the Bianconeri have learned from their 3-1 defeat to Barcelona in Berlin.

“The key to our defence lies in the team’s balance. Everyone sacrifices themselves. It would be ridiculous to credit only one person,” the defender said at a Press conference.

“There are 11 players that play and there has to be a chemistry between everyone. We hope to keep it all going for another month.

“Monaco’s attack? They’ll make things difficult for us, we’re facing a very good team.

“Their two forwards often made it difficult for us. Mbappe and Falcao are a mix of youth and experience. They also have great midfielders, but Buffon gave us a great hand.

“Motivation for the trophy we’ve never won? We’ve played in so many formations and what counts is what has been created by the change of formations. Everyone has put themselves at the team’s service.

“How we are physically? We can change 6-7 players per game. We reach this final month in great condition.

“We have great results behind us. It’s a relationship that will last forever.

“Is it better not to have won the League yet? We take our own path, it matters little when it’ll be. Winning it in the end is enough.

“The treble? I’m not thinking about it, we’re thinking about each game as it comes.

“We have the objective of getting to the end of everything. There will be fatigue and sweating tomorrow.

“The squad? Dani Alves is crazy, Dybala has grown so much, Gonzalo is A+ and has made himself available to the whole team and doesn’t care if he scores or not.

“We’ve grafted for nine months to achieve this objective, in our work, which is beautiful, to always be able to find the motivations, and seeing the finish line near gives you an extra buzz. Compared to the past, we’ve matured in our objectives.

“Differences between Dybala and Mbappe? Paulo creates superiority, comes to take the ball and allows the team to be harmonious.

“Mbappe is more of a striker in the box, despite being so young.

“Differences with the Juve side of 2015? In terms of awareness and belief of getting to the end of everything. In 2015, even we didn’t believe that we got to the final.

“At Christmas, no-one expected us to be in Berlin. The defeat to Bayern last year left us with something inside.

“How important is Allegri? The results of these years depend mainly on who’s at the top.

“We players are important, but the Coach and the club are even more so.

“Higuain? He has such variety in his game to ensure he can only be found in the box.

“He’s a complete player, who often helps the rest of the team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Jardim: Monaco still dreaming

http://www.football-italia.net/102303/jardim-monaco-still-dreaming

May 8, 2017

Leonardo Jardim says Monaco are still dreaming of the Champions League final but acknowledges Juventus have the extra upper hand in know-how.

Monaco are bidding to make their first final since 2004 but have a mountain to climb in their last-four tie against Juve after conceding two away goals without reply in last week’s first leg.

“Juve put us in serious trouble in Montecarlo. If we want to qualify, we have to do more,” the Coach said at a Press conference, reports Gazzetta dello Sport and UEFA.com.

“It won’t be easy. We could change something, but we’ll still have to give 100 percent.

“I’ve looked a bit at the history of all Juventus’ players. Juve are a team of a very high level, their least-experienced players have more experience than our most experienced, so you can imagine the gap.

“We have to attack with our minds free of bad thoughts. In the first leg we had the same number of shots on goal as Juve but they were more clinical.

“Obviously they are more mature than we are but fundamentally we lost because we didn't make the most of our chances.

“Tomorrow we want to keep our dream alive. Our objective is to reach the final and we'll have to be at our best.

“I'm very proud of my players and what they have done so far, regardless of Tuesday's result. No-one believed in us at the start of the season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Monaco Champions League Preview

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-v-monaco-champions-league-preview/

May 8, 2017

juventusmonaco.jpg

Juventus v AS Monaco

Champions League –  Tuesday, 9th May – 19:45 GMT – Juventus Stadium

juventus

Juventus

It’s been a remarkable season so far for Juve and it only seems to be getting better with each game, especially in the Champions League where the progression and improvement has been most evident. The first-leg in Monaco (much like the game against Barcelona) highlighted the flexibility of the team to maximum effect as they shifted between 3-4-2-1 when in possession to 4-4-2 when defending, seamless changing shape as the game progressed, every player fully aware of his role. It’s a testament to the hard work of the players and also to Max Allegri who has made subtle and significant changes to take us within 90 minutes of the final.

The weekend game was something of a disappointment, especially as it was a derby against Torino and I counted at least 4 clear-cut chances to open the scoring in the first half; The approach and attitude was perfect as we dominated for large portions of the game and created numerous opportunities, however we lacked that clinical and ruthless edge which sometimes seems to go missing when Higuain isn’t on the pitch. There was a hat trick of chances for Mario Mandzukic alone and it was a real shame to see the 33-game winning streak at the JStadium come to end. I can only imagine that the players’ minds were elsewhere and despite the feeling of an opportunity missed, it might be a blessing in a way – We had a similar result/performance against Atalanta a few weekends back and that served as an important lesson for the players ahead of the first-leg against Monaco.

With 2 vital away goals scored in France, the temptation is to look to the final and start thinking about Real Madrid, but Allegri, as always, is keeping the players and the supporters grounded:

“Tomorrow we’re playing against Monaco and we still have to qualify for the final.

“We have to win in order to get to Cardiff. Monaco have nothing to lose, they have players that can cause great difficulties.

“Dani Alves? He’s in a good run of form, like the rest of the team. After his injury, we found an important player that brings us experience.

“Tomorrow’s choices? I still have to decide whether to play Barzagli or Cuadrado.

“Marchisio can be a great gamechanger, like Pjanic was on Saturday.

“What must Juve do tomorrow? Play an aggressive game, play well technically and even better than we did in Monaco, where we were often wrong, with more patience.

“We still have to win the Scudetto, so we’ll think about getting to the final in Cardiff first and then Roma.

“The point against Torino? It was crucial not to drop points on Saturday. We won 33 times in a row at home, and sooner or later it had to stop.

“Games are there to be won, but when you can’t, it’s important not to lose them.

“What mustn’t be done tomorrow? We mustn’t worry about winning by force, but at the same time we have to play the match as if it was a dry one.

The word from Monaco suggests they’ll field the same starting XI with no changes to lineup or tactics, which would likely mean that Allegri will field the same 3-4-2-1 style formation that worked to such great effect a week ago. Pushing Dani Alves a little further up the pitch and having Andrea Barzagli on the right of the back-three helped limit Kylian Mbappé to handful of chances while giving the Brazilian full-back more license to get forward in support of the attack. It evidently paid off in great fashion as Alves provided the assists for Gonzalo Higuain’s goals while turning in one of his best performance so far this season.

The starting XI really writes itself in a game of this magnitude: Gigi Buffon was rested at the weekend with this game in mind while Giorgio Chiellini wasn’t risked either, especially when you factor in his exceptional displays in the Champions League this season. Leonardo Bonucci and Andrea Barzagli will make up the back line with Alex Sandro at left wing-back, Alves on the right, while Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic make up the midfield pairing. Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala will likely sit in behind lone striker Gonzalo Higuain, aiming to push into the wide areas when possible.

Probable lineup: 

3-4-2-1: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Khedira, Pjanic, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Mandzukic; Higuain

Injuries: 

Pjaca (knee), Rugani (fibula)

Suspensions:

None.

monaco.jpg

AS Monaco

Probable lineup: 

4-4-2: Subasic; Sidibe, Jemerson, Glik, Mendy; Silva, Fabinho, Bakayoko, Lemar; Falcao, Mbappe

Injuries: 

Boschilia, Toure

Suspensions:

None.

Formation

0034monaco.jpg

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

14jstat.gif

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus v Monaco preview: Advantage Juve

for Champions League semi-final second leg

Juventus will look to finish the job and secure a place in the Champions League

final for the second time in three years when Monaco visit on Tuesday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/juventus-vs-monaco/preview/371635

May 8, 2017

The Italians hold a 2-0 advantage from their semi-final first leg at the Stade Louis II and are strong favourites to advance.

Juve head coach Massimiliano Allegri rested several key players for their 1-1 draw against Torino at the weekend but they struggled at times despite playing with a numerical advantage for more than half an hour.

The Bianconeri needed a stoppage-time equaliser from substitute Gonzalo Higuain to secure a point and missed the chance to extend their league record to 34 straight home wins.

They will again look to Higuain to lead their attack on Tuesday, especially after the Argentina forward scored both goals in the first leg.

Higuain hadn't previously scored in a Champions League knockout match since 2013.

Monaco, who beat Nancy 3-0 on Saturday, are bidding to become the first team to overturn a 2-0 first-leg home defeat in the Champions League knockout stages.

Team news

Juventus have no new injury concerns and Sami Khedira is available again after missing the first leg through suspension.

The German will compete for a midfield spot with Claudio Marchisio and Miralem Pjanic, with the duo both starting in France last week.

For Monaco, they still have a doubt over left-back Benjamin Mendy, who missed the first leg and the weekend win at Nancy.

Opta stats

This is the second time these sides have met in a Champions League semi-final, Juventus securing their passage to the final with a 6-4 aggregate victory 19 years ago before losing to Real Madrid in the final (1997/98).

Monaco have reached the Champions League semis for the fourth time after 1993/94, 1997/98 and 2003/04. No other French team has made the last four more than once.

Juventus, alongside Real Madrid, are the only unbeaten team in this season's Champions League (W8 D3).

Dani Alves helped set up both of Higuain's goals in the first leg against Monaco
Dani Alves helped set up both of Higuain's goals in the first leg against Monaco

Juventus are also unbeaten in their last 18 Champions League home games (W11 D7), their longest-ever run without a defeat in the competition on home soil. Bayern Munich are the last team to beat them, back in April 2013 (2-0).

Juventus haven't conceded a goal for 621 minutes, the current longest run in the competition. Six consecutive clean sheets constitute their new record in the competition. Sevilla's Nico Pareja was the last player to find the Turin nets, back in November.

Neither of the two goals conceded by Juventus in this season's Champions League have come from open play (11 games).

Monaco have only won two of their 11 away games in the Champions League knockout stages (D2 L7), and have also never kept a clean sheet in those 11 outings.

Falcao and Kylian Mbappe have scored 10 of Monaco's last 16 Champions League goals. In the first leg, Mbappe failed to find the net for the first time after having started a game in the competition.

Charlie predicts

Juventus' experienced defence obviously controlled Monaco's attack beautifully in the first leg, as they did with Barcelona's attack for 180 minutes in the previous round.

I think we'll see another thoroughly professional performance from the Old Lady's backline and they'll be ready for whatever their visitors' talented attack can throw at them.

Monaco will come out and look to attack from the start and Juve will just be patient and have the quality to hurt their visitors on the counter-attack.

Gonzalo Higuain hasn't been that prolific in the Champions League this season but he's been on fire in Serie A and I'd expect him to send Juve cruising through to the final.

Charlie predicts: 2-1 and Higuain to score first - 18/1 with Sky Bet

Betting

Monaco are up against odds of 12/1 to overturn their first-leg deficit and 19/4 just to win on the night, with Juventus just 8/13 with Sky Bet to record another victory over the principality side.

Allegri's men were cut from 13/8 to 11/10 to lift the trophy on the back of last week's 2-0 triumph while their visitors are out to 50/1 in the outright betting.

Higuain is the 11/4 first goalscorer favourite and is enhanced from 4/1 to 7/1 to bag a brace in Sky Bet's Price Boosts, while Falcao is rated Monaco's main threat at 6/1 to net first.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Allegri: Juve yet to qualify for the Final

for Champions League semi-final second leg

Manager’s pre-match comments ahead of second leg of semi-final

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2017/5/9/15586108/allegri-juve-yet

-to-qualify-for-the-final-juventus-monaco-champions-league-preview

May 8, 2017

Juventus take on Monaco tomorrow in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final tie. Despite holding a 2-0 away lead, manager Massimiliano Allegri insisted that the fixture was still wide-open.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Allegri called for caution.

“Tomorrow we’re playing against Monaco and we still have to qualify for the final.

“We have to win in order to get to Cardiff. Monaco have nothing to lose, they have players that can cause great difficulties.”

Dani Alves was excellent in the first leg putting on two assists for Gonzalo Higuain.

“Dani Alves? He’s in a good run of form, like the rest of the team. After his injury, we found an important player that brings us experience.”

Regarding his starting lineup for the game -

“Tomorrow’s choices? I still have to decide whether to play Andrea Barzagli or Juan Cuadrado.

Claudio Marchisio can be a great gamechanger, like Miralem Pjanic was on Saturday.”

How will the Bianconeri approach the game?

“We still have to win the Scudetto, so we’ll think about getting to the final in Cardiff first and then Roma.”

Juve came very close to losing their unbeaten streak at J Stadium on Saturday.

“The point against Torino? It was crucial not to drop points on Saturday. We won 33 times in a row at home, and sooner or later it had to stop.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Sidibe: 'Monaco don't fear Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/102308/sidibe-monaco-dont-fear-juve

May 9, 2017

Djibril Sidibé assures Monaco “don’t fear the Juventus Stadium atmosphere” and believe they can turn the Champions League semi-final around.

It kicks off tonight at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), following on from Juve’s 2-0 victory at the Stade Louis II.

“If we are here, it’s because we believe in ourselves and our chances of qualification,” said the full-back in his Press conference.

“We lost the first round, but will do everything possible to fight this out to the end. We were disappointed after the first leg and must prove that we’re not finished. We will try to prove our worth.

“This is a competition we care about and we’ve got to try.”

Juventus and Gigi Buffon have kept five consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League, not letting in a goal yet during the knockout rounds.

“Buffon is an excellent goalkeeper and made two extraordinary saves in the first leg. He shows his concentration and application, so we have to find the right key to get past him.

“We are going to need the perfect performance. Although we have many young players, this is a strong side and it’s the kind of match where you need the right approach.

“We played in Dortmund, so certainly don’t fear the Juventus Stadium atmosphere. Everyone aspires to play in a packed stadium and we’re very happy to be here.

“It’s fair to say we are not the favourites, but we are very concentrated. We’ve proved in this competition that we can score many goals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Juventus can't let golden opportunity slip away against Monaco

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/3122219/juventus

-cant-let-golden-opportunity-slip-away-against-monaco

May 9, 2017

"This is our year" has become the Juventus motto. After so many disappointments, so many chances, this has to be the year the Turin giants make history and reap the rewards of a well-planned project.

A perfectly balanced side coupled with remarkable mental fortitude, this version of Juventus boasts the right tactical and psychological combination to achieve something special, something historic to allow the likes of Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Barzagli to celebrate a trophy they have coveted for too many years.

Only Monaco stand in the way of the Bianconeri reaching their ninth Champions League final. A side that surrendered to defeat at home, Leonardo Jardim's men suffered from inexperience. Pitted against a club renowned for its tactical intelligence, ability to halt the opponent and attack with panache, Monaco's weaknesses were painfully highlighted.

However, the beauty of the young is that they rarely give up, and if their coach is not ready to give up, then neither are they. Despite chasing their first League 1 title since 2000, Jardim chose to not start Tiemoue Bakayoko or Kylian Mbappe in the weekend's match against Nancy. By choosing to rotate ever so slightly, the tactician sent a clear signal to his men: The Juventus match is important, and it will be taken seriously, and thus freshness must be ensured. Monaco went on to pummel Nancy 3-0.

Considering that Juventus have never lost a two-legged tie against a French side, RTL reported that 40 percent of those interviewed believe the Monegasque are capable of winning and progressing to the final. Forward Valere Germain was quick to point out how difficult it would be to overcome the Old Lady, but he also noted that anything is possible, especially if the away side manages a quick goal to introduce a little fear.

It is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility, as despite Juve's defensive might, Monaco had their chances and are likely to create more Tuesday evening. Jardim admitted to working on new tactics, which will undoubtedly be aimed at nullifying Juve's strengths. It is for this reason that the Italians must play with discipline, composure and patience. If they play a technical game and do not surrender to frustration, they will progress.

Thankfully for the Bianconeri, Gonzalo Higuain is in rampant form. Having scored his first and second away goal in a knockout Champions League fixture, the striker can relax in the knowledge that he has made an impact in the big games, relieving the pressure that has strained his performances. Against Torino in the Derby della Mole, it was his introduction that changed the game and rescued a point for the Old Lady.

r207825_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp
Gonzalo Higuain, leading a Juventus workout in advance of their match with Monaco, has made a huge impact beyond scoring goals of late.

However, Higuain provides so much more than goals, and to reduce his performance to his exquisite finishes would be a great injustice. In the words of Giorgio Chiellini, "Gonzalo is A+ and has made himself available to the whole team and doesn't care if he scores or not."

Boasting intelligence and the spirit of sacrifice, Higuain has helped elevate the quality of Juve's game in the final third. Consistently looking for the ball, it's incredible how he always makes himself available for the pass. Taking up interesting positions and making the right runs, he not only facilitates the lives of the creators within the side but also helps divert attention from his teammates by dragging defenders out of position. A genuine team player who often is harshly criticised, Higuain's arrival at Juventus has hugely impacted the side's ability to compete and defeat the best.

Another who has truly enthralled is Dani Alves. Although defensively he might struggle to provide the security one expects from a defender playing for an Italian side, his vision and accuracy make all the difference for the team going forward. Delivering delectable passes to his teammates and pushing at just the right moments to destabilise the opponent, Alves always is incisive going forward. Moreover, he has helped improve the team's mentality, ensuring they perform like champions and without fear in the big matches, especially against the likes of Barcelona.

Experienced veterans might not play to such high levels week in and week out, but in the matches that count, they make the difference.

His performances in the Champions League have been such that it seems Massimiliano Allegri is contemplating benching Juan Cuadrado to offer Alves the chance to act as assist-maker to Higuain again. The duo combined perfectly in Monaco and could be set to do so in a fluid version of the 4-2-3-1 formation. Should that happen, Andrea Barzagli, who celebrated his 36th birthday on Monday, will return to the starting lineup.

Experience and composure will help Juventus overcome a wickedly offensive side with a point to prove. This is their time, so let's hope the Old Lady sings.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

Chiellini: Higuain among best three strikers in world

The Juventus defender praised his Argentine team-mate,

saying he deserves plenty of credit.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2017/05/09/35343862/-

May 9, 2017

Juventus star Gonzalo Higuain is among the best three strikers in the world, according to defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The Argentinian has scored 32 goals in all competitions this season, including a brace in the first leg of his side's Champions League semi-final against Monaco.

Chiellini, whose team lead the tie 2-0 ahead of Tuesday's second leg in Turin, said Higuain deserved to be recognised among the world's best.

"He is a very complete player," he told a news conference. "He stands amongst the best three number nines in the world.

"No need to say where exactly but he can easily be on the podium."

Higuain is in his first season at Juve after three prolific campaigns with Napoli, and he still has time to better his 38-goal haul of 2015-16.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

bex2so.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

JUVENTUS VS AS MONACO: PROBABLE LINEUPS,

PREDICTION, TACTICS AND KEY STATS | UCL

Juventus will look to secure their place in the UEFA Champions League

final when they host AS Monaco in the semifinal second leg on Tuesday.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/round-up/2017/05/09/juventus-vs-as-

monaco-probable-lineups-prediction-tactics-and-key-stats-ucl/

May 9, 2017

Juventus play hosts to AS Monaco in the Champions League semifinal second leg at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday, looking to progress to the final of the premier European club competition for the second time in three years.

Massimiliano Allegri’s men come into this match on the back of a disappointing 1-1 draw in the Turin derby against Torino. Despite the stalemate though, the Italian champions remained on course to defend their Serie A title – seven points clear of AS Roma with just three games left.

Meanwhile, Monaco returned to winning ways on the weekend as they comfortably beat relegation battling Nancy 3-0 at the Marcel Picot Stadium. The result restored their three-point lead over PSG and with a game in hand over the French champions, Monaco remain the favourites win the Ligue 1 title.

Higuain made the difference in the first leg with his brace. (Photo courtesy - Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images)

Higuain made the difference in the first leg with his brace. (Photo courtesy – Franck Fife/AFP/Getty Images)

The first leg at Stade Louis II ended in a convincing 2-0 win for Juventus, as Gonzalo Higuain struck a brace to hand the Bianconeri a decisive lead in the semifinal tie. The Hard Tackle takes a closer look at the second leg due to be played at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday.

Team News & Tactics

Juventus

Massimiliano Allegri has no fresh injury concerns on his hands ahead of the visit of Monaco, as he has only two players sidelined with long-term injuries. Croatian winger Marko Pjaca (knee) and Italian defender Daniele Rugani (leg) will not feature again this season having sustained their respective injuries.

In fact, Allegri has only good news coming his way as Sami Khedira is available for selection once again after he had to miss the first leg due to suspension. The German midfielder is likely to be straight back into the starting lineup, with Claudio Marchisio expected to make way for him.

Juan Cuadrado is available as well after missing the first leg last week, but he is likely to be on the bench, with Allegri expected to continue with a back-three featuring Andrea Barzagli, Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci, with Dani Alves and Alex Sandro the wing-backs.

Meanwhile, Gianluigi Buffon, Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain are set to return to the starting eleven after they were rested for the visit of Torino on the weekend.

Possible Starting XI (3-4-3): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Alves, Pjanic, Khedira, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Higuain, Mandzukic

5684064812007424.png

AS Monaco

Like his counterpart in the Juventus dugout, Leonardo Jardim does not have any new fitness issues to deal with either, with Gabriel Boschilia the only long-term absentee due to a knee injury. The Brazilian is unlikely to feature again this season.

However, the Monaco boss continues to sweat over the fitness of French defender Benjamin Mendy, who is struggling with a hamstring injury. Mendy’s compatriot, Djibril Sidibe is, thus, expected to continue on the left side of the Monaco defence, with Nabil Dirar deployed as right-back.

Tiemoue Bakayoko played with a broken nose in the first leg last week, and he is set to continue playing with a mask in the crucial second leg on Tuesday, with Fabinho as his partner at the heart of midfield.

Meanwhile, the onus will be on Monaco’s attacking players Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar, Kylian Mbappe and Radamel Falcao to find a way past the solid Juventus defence and, more crucially, Gianluigi Buffon, who thwarted all of their attempts emphatically at Stade Louis II last week.

Possible Starting XI (4-4-2): Subasic; Dirar, Jemerson, Glik, Sidibe; Bernardo Silva, Fabinho, Bakayoko, Lemar; Falcao, Mbappe

5662863981019136.png

Key Stats

• Juventus, alongside Real Madrid, are the only remaining unbeaten teams in this season’s Champions League (W8 D3).
  • Juventus haven’t conceded a goal for 621 minutes, which is the longest run in the Champions League currently. Sevilla’s Nico Pareja was the last player to score against the Bianconeri, back in November.
  • AS Monaco have only won two of their last 11 away games in the Champions League knockout stages (D2 L7).
  • Juventus have won all of their previous two-legged ties in the Champions League against French opposition.
  • On the other hand, AS Monaco have never won in Italy (D1 L6).

Player To Watch

Radamel Falcao

The Monaco captain will have to be at the top of his game on Tuesday. (Photo courtesy - Valery Hache/AFP/Getty Images)

The Monaco captain will have to be at the top of his game on Tuesday. (Photo courtesy – Valery Hache/AFP/Getty Images)

AS Monaco face an uphill task to overturn the two-goal deficit from the first leg at Stade Louis II. That is something that has never been done in the history of the Champions League knockout stages.

Thus, with such a seemingly tough ask on their hands, the spotlight will be on their young and exciting attack to be at their dominating best in order to get past the well-drilled Juventus defence. The onus in particular, will be on Radamel Falcao to lead the young attacking unit with his wealth of experience.

The Colombian striker has often looked like the player who was once regarded as one of the best players in the world this season, combining superbly with Kylian Mbappe in front of goal.

Falcao looked a pale shadow of himself in the first leg last week when the Juventus defenders deprived him of making any sort of impact on the match. However, if he can reproduce the form from the last two stages, Monaco will have a genuine chance of reaching the final.

Prediction

Juventus 1-0 Monaco

Juventus produced a professional performance in the first leg last week as they overcame one of the most dangerous teams in the Champions League this season with relative ease. Not giving the Monaco attack much of a sniff at goal, the visitors made their experience count to come out on top.

The task at hand for Leonardo Jardim’s men on Tuesday is even tougher now, as Juventus are unbeaten in their last 18 Champions League games at home. On top of that, Monaco’s record in Italy makes for dismal reading, having not won in seven attempts in the country.

Juventus haven’t conceded a single Champions League goal for more than 10 hours now, and it is hard to see a well organised defence concede many on Tuesday, if at all. Hence, The Hard Tackle predicts a well-controlled 1-0 win for Massimiliano Allegri’s men, and progression into next month’s final.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130861 messaggi

2afkcg0.jpg

bex2so.jpg

JUVENTUS - MONACO

SEMIFINALS - SECOND LEG

Juventus Stadium, Turin

JUVENTUS VS AS MONACO TEAM NEWS:

KHEDIRA AVAILABLE, MENDY DOUBTFUL

Sami Khedira is available for selection while Benjamin Mendy

is doubtful as Juventus host AS Monaco on Tuesday.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/05/09/juventus-vs-

as-monaco-team-news-khedira-available-mendy-doubtful/

May 9, 2017

Juventus host AS Monaco for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League semifinal tie at the Juventus Stadium on Tuesday with a place in next month’s final on the line.

The first leg ended with a comfortable 2-0 win for the Bianconeri, with Gonzalo Higuain scoring the decisive goals. Ahead of the second leg on Tuesday, here’s the all-important team news for both Juventus and Monaco.

The report on that front is good for Massimiliano Allegri, who has no fresh injury concerns to deal with ahead of the visit of Monaco. Marko Pjaca (knee) and Daniele Rugani (leg) remain the only two players who are sidelined with long-term injuries and will not play a part for the hosts.

Meanwhile, Allegri has welcomed Sami Khedira back to his squad for Tuesday after the German midfielder missed the first leg due to suspension. Colombian midfielder Juan Cuadrado, too, is available again after missed the first due to a muscle injury.

The Juventus boss has admitted that he has a big decision to make ahead of the match on Tuesday, as he has to decide whether to restore Cuadrado back into the attack or continue with Andrea Barzagli in the back-three.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference, Allegri also said that star striker Gonzalo Higuain is fit and raring to go after he was rested for the Turin derby on the weekend.

The Italian tactician said,”We’re in great shape at this critical stage of the season. There’s nothing wrong with Higuain. He’s fit to play. I’ll decide whether to player Barzagli or Cuadrado down the right side, while in midfield I’ll pick two from Khedira, Pjanic and Marchisio. My judgement will be based on how I imagine the game will pan out.”

Much like Allegri, AS Monaco manager Leonardo Jardim, too, does not have any new injury concerns on his hands, as Brazilian attacking midfielder Gabriel Boschilia remains sidelined with a knee injury.

Jardim, though, is still sweating over the fitness of French defender Benjamin Mendy, who is struggling with a hamstring injury. The France international has missed Monaco’s last two games, and if he fails to recover on time, Djibril Sidibe is likely to continue as left-back, with Nabil Dirar deployed as the right-back.

The Monaco boss has included Mendy in the travelling squad, but he insisted that the defender will only be selected in the starting lineup if he is 100% fit.

“Players must be 100% player for a semi-final Champions League. If Mendy is not 100%, he will not play tomorrow,” Jardim said in his pre-match press conference.

Meanwhile, Timeoue Bakayoko, who played with a broken nose in the first leg last week, is expected to continue playing with a mask on Tuesday as well in what is arguably the most crucial game this season for Monaco.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...