Saturday, august 31st 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET 

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Daniele Orsato

Juventus beat Napoli in 4-3 thriller!

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142381

Aug 31, 2019

Napoli fought back from 3-0 down with three goals in 16 minutes only for Juventus to win it in stoppages with a Kalidou Koulibaly own goal.

This was a very early Scudetto showdown, but Maurizio Sarri was still not allowed on the touchline after a bout of pneumonia, so the former Napoli boss watched on from a box in the stands. Giorgio Chiellini was also out, having torn his ACL yesterday in an injury that could keep him out for six months, so Matthijs de Ligt made his Serie A debut. Faouzi Ghoulam came in for Mario Rui, but Arkadiusz Milik didn’t make the trip and new buy Hirving Lozano was on the bench.

Cristiano Ronaldo stung Alex Meret’s gloves from a tight angle, but Wojciech Szczesny made a sensational one-handed save to push Allan’s screamer round the post from the edge of the box.

Mattia De Sciglio limped off with a muscular problem to make way for Danilo, who scored 26 seconds later. Leonardo Bonucci charged down Lorenzo Insigne’s shot with his face and Juve went on a rapid counter-attack with Douglas Costa, Danilo prodding in the finish with the inside of the right boot from 10 yards. The former Manchester City man could not have made a more immediate impact off the bench in his Serie A debut.

However, Juve added a second three minutes later with ex-Napoli striker Higuain. Pipita gathered with his back to goal, turned on a sixpence to leave Kalidou Koulibaly rooted to the spot and blasted into the far top corner.

Considering Napoli only won 4-3 at Fiorentina in their season opener, the defensive record is going to concern Carlo Ancelotti.

It was very nearly 3-0, as Sami Khedira was sent clear through the middle, but Alex Meret came flying out for a desperate save one-on-one.

Khedira went even closer soon after, his curler bouncing off the crossbar and ricocheting kindly for Meret to get it clear.

Despite conceding five goals in one-and-a-half games, Ancelotti doubled down by introducing Chucky Lozano for his debut and Mario Rui after the break. Insigne went off with a slight knock, while Faouzi Ghoulam was on a yellow card.

Dries Mertens skimmed the far post with a curler and had another fingertipped out from under the bar, while Meret palmed a Blaise Matuidi strike past the upright.

Juventus made it 3-0 as Douglas Costa pulled back from the by-line for Cristiano Ronaldo, who backed off defenders to create just that yard of space he needed to drill into the bottom corner from 12 yards.

Napoli got one back straight away, a free kick floated in for the looping header of Kostas Manolas into the far top corner.

It was another sudden surge of activity, as two minutes later it was 3-2 with a goal on Chucky Lozano’s debut. Piotr Zielinski burst away down the left and rolled across for the Mexico international to slide in, anticipating Matthijs de Ligt. He became the first Mexican ever to score in Serie A and the first Napoli player to net on his debut since Lorenzo Tonelli in 2017.

The game was turned on its head and Napoli were now pouring forward, but at the other end Meret flew to fingertip a Douglas Costa scorcher on to the crossbar.

Szczesny fumbled a swerving Fabian Ruiz attempt, doing just enough to push it away from Lozano at the back post, but Napoli completed the comeback from 3-0 down to 3-3 in 16 minutes.

Zielinski put another free kick across the six-yard box and Giovanni Di Lorenzo got in front of De Ligt to bundle it over the line with his thigh. Incredibly, all three Napoli goals were scored by summer signings.

Douglas Costa’s curler skimmed the bar, but deep into stoppages there was another astonishing twist in this game. A free kick seemed to be going nowhere particularly dangerous, Koulibaly was in acres of space to make the clearance, but shinned it backwards into the top corner of his own net. The man who scored the stoppage-time winner here in April 2018 ended up gifting Juve the victory at the same minute.

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio (Danilo 11), Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Emre Can 60), Pjanic, Matuidi; Douglas Costa, Higuain (Dybala 75), Cristiano Ronaldo

Napoli: Meret; Di Lorenzo, Manolas, Koulibaly, Ghoulam (Mario Rui 46); Allan (Elmas 74), Zielinski; Callejon, Fabian Ruiz, Insigne (Lozano 46); Mertens

Ref: Orsato

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

FIORENTINA - JUVENTUS       ..........

........4050.png              105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png           

3rd Matchday

Saturday, september 14th 2019 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 1.00 p.m. GMT

Artemio Franchi Stadium - Florence
Referee: Massimiliano Irrati

Commisso warns Fiorentina fans

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor heizeldrama e scirea

https://www.football-italia.net/144054/commisso-warns-fiorentina-fans

Sep 11, 2019

Rocco Commisso has warned Fiorentina fans to stop with the insulting chants about the Heysel disaster, Gaetano Scirea and southerners.

Commisso did not hold back in his latest interview with Corriere dello Sport, starting off by expressing ‘disappointment’ at Fiorentina’s lack of an adequate infrastructure.

“We wanted De Paul, Raphinha, De Rossi and Nainggolan,” he told Corriere dello Sport.

“The prices of the first two weren’t fair in our eyes. I’ve been clear, we want to do better than last season.

“I didn’t promise the Champions League. With our turnover, you can’t spend €230m. You have to change mechanisms and increase revenues.

“Our infrastructure needs to be improved. We want a stadium and training complex where everyone - women, academy, first team, youth - will have a pool, pitches and gym.

“In this sense, I’ve been disappointed. There’s a desire to do things, but I see a long process, full of obstacles.”

The Italo-American tycoon stayed true to his word during the summer over keeping Federico Chiesa...

“We never received a call from Juventus or any other club for Chiesa. Our position has always been clear.

“I read Della Valle would’ve given me a discount, as long as I didn’t sell Chiesa. But do you really think they knocked off €70m during negotiations?”

The Viola take on perennial rivals Juventus in Serie A this weekend, and the 69-year-old made it clear he would not stand for any offensive behaviour from his club’s supporters.

“I don’t want to hear them anymore, neither on Heysel nor Scirea. I also don’t want to hear those against the south anymore.

“I’m from Calabria, Joe Barone is Sicilian, Montella is from Naples. Attacking southerners is attacking us.

“To the leaders of the Fiesole [ultras group], I say: ‘Weed out the few who make those chants.’”

Finally, Commisso had words of praise for Italy Under-21 midfielder Gaetano Castrovilli.

“I just wonder why he didn’t already play for Fiorentina last season. He’ll make the national team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

3rd Matchday

Ramsey in, Mandzukic out

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144132/ramsey-mandzukic-out

Sep 13, 2019

Juventus named their squad to face Fiorentina tomorrow, without Mario Mandzukic or Mattia De Sciglio, but Aaron Ramsey and Emre Can are in.

It kicks off on Saturday at 14.00 UK time (13.00 GMT - 15.00 CET), click here for a match preview.

The Bianconeri are missing injured Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia Perin, Marko Pjaca and De Sciglio.

Mandzukic has been left out, pending a possible transfer, but Emre Can seems to have committed himself to the club despite being excluded from the Champions League squad list.

Ramsey makes the trip and continues his recovery from injury.

Juventus squad for Fiorentina: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Buffon; De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Demiral; Pjanic, Ramsey, Khedira, Matuidi, Emre Can, Rabiot, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Cuadrado, Higuain, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

3rd Matchday

Sarri: I understand Emre Can's frustration

Sarri risponde a Emre Can: lo sfogo è passato, ma qualcosa si è rotto

https://www.football-italia.net/144123/sarri-juve-best-ive-seen

Sep 13, 2019

Maurizio Sarri admits he ‘understands’ Emre Can’s frustration and Juventus are ‘still searching for our identity’ but has ‘never seen a team work so well.’

Sarri left Emre Can out of Juve’s Champions League squad, prompting the midfielder to express he was ‘angry and upset’ with the club.

“It wasn’t easy to sit out,” the Coach said at a Press conference for tomorrow’s Serie A trip to Fiorentina.

“I thank the doctors who treated me. They made me understand that I had to take a small step back. But I remained calm because my technical staff were doing great.

“It wasn’t easy or gratifying to name my Champions League squad, but it was necessary.

“I’m disappointed because two very important players won’t be involved. These difficulties, however, show the great strength of our squad.

“It’s normal that when a player suffers because of a strong and radical decision, there’s an emotional aspect to be taken into account.

“We must give him the opportunity to get everything off his chest. I’m at the right age to understand his reaction.

“Right now, I’m only thinking about the League. Our attentions must be focused on tomorrow.

“We’re in a phase whereby rotations are difficult because we’re still searching for our identity and structure.

“We have many players who have played little in recent months, like Khedira, Ramsey and Rabiot.

“But I have to say one thing: never in my career have I seen a team work so well during the international break.

“I also think Bentancur can become a very important player. Now my objective is to fully recover Rugani and ensure De Ligt adapts to Italian football as quickly as possible. He’ll express important things in just a few months.

“Higuain’s played for what he showed me in training and he’s proved it in our matches.”

The 60-year-old was accused of not utilising his squad enough at Napoli and Chelsea, but he indicated a willingness to buck that trend in Turin.

“’I’ve have always said that Juventus are the best team in a corporate sense. In the last couple of months, I’ve realised that Juve’s strength lies in their organisation, head, mentality and looking ahead to the next game.

“We need to change the way we manage certain moments in matches, keeping more of the ball and not waiting for opponents on the edge of our box.

“At Napoli there was a difference between the 14/15 that played the most and the others. At Chelsea I adopted strong rotation, which involved 18 players.

“Juve aren’t yet completely ready, but the objective is to have 10 players who I can interchange.”

Sarri missed the Old Lady’s first two League games with pneumonia, so what did he make of his side’s seven-goal thriller against Napoli before the international break?

“I watched Juventus-Napoli locked in a room. On a human level I felt sorry for Koulibaly, but I thought we deserved to win, even though the own goal was unlucky.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

3rd Matchday

Probable line-ups: Fiorentina v Juventus

fiorentina-juventus formazioni diretta tv

https://www.football-italia.net/144150/probable-line-ups-fiorentina-v-juventus

Sep 14, 2019

Franck Ribery is tipped to get his first start in a Fiorentina jersey, while Juventus bring in Adrien Rabiot with Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain.

It kicks off at the Stadio Artemio Franchi at 14.00 UK time (13.00 GMT - 15.00 CET), click here for a match preview.

The Viola are still looking for their first point of the season after defeats to Napoli and Genoa, but are without Marco Benassi and new signing Pedro Guilherme.

It means Ribery is expected to get his full Serie A debut, having been a late substitute in both previous games, alongside Kevin-Prince Boateng and Federico Chiesa.

Former Inter left-back Henrique Dalbert is also due to start with Erick Pulgar in midfield.

Juventus defend their 100 per cent record, but make the trip without Mario Mandzukic (who is in advanced talks with clubs from Qatar and MLS), Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini, Marko Pjaca and Mattia Perin.

Maurizio Sarri can finally take his place on the bench after missing the first two rounds with pneumonia.

He is not expected to make many changes, though, with Rabiot coming in for Blaise Matuidi the only real adjustment from the side that beat Napoli 4-3.

Matthijs de Ligt again stands in for injured captain Chiellini, while Douglas Costa, Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo make up the trident attack.

Probable line-ups

Fiorentina (4-3-3): Dragowski; Lirola, Milenkovic, Pezzella, Dalbert; Pulgar, Badelj, Castrovilli; Chiesa, Boateng, Ribery

Juventus (4-3-3): Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Douglas Costa, Higuain, Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

........4050.png   0-0           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    

3rd Matchday

Injury-hit Juve hold out in Florence

162134238-9eddc94b-7c2c-4b4a-8e22-ade192

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142388

Sep 14, 2019

Fiorentina had the best chances with Federico Chiesa and Franck Ribery, but Juventus clung on for a point despite losing three players to injury.

The Viola had been without a single point so far this season and winless in 16 Serie A rounds, so switched from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 with Franck Ribery and Martin Caceres making their first starts. Juve missed Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini and Marko Pjaca, with Blaise Matuidi and Gonzalo Higuain again picked.

It was a special occasion, as Coach Maurizio Sarri sat on the Bianconeri bench for the first time after missing the opening two wins with pneumonia. He did it just a stone’s throw away from his hometown.

There was a disastrous start for Juve, because Douglas Costa immediately pulled up with a right hamstring problem and made way for ex-Fiorentina man Federico Bernardeschi.

Wojciech Szczesny ran two massive risks in a couple of minutes, first his clearance ricocheting off Federico Chiesa to bounce back over the bar, then the goalkeeper had to chase down Ribery and make a clean tackle after a terrible Matthijs de Ligt back-pass.

Ribery tested Szczesny at the near post on a Chiesa knockback and Blaise Matuidi stung Bartlomiej Dragowski’s gloves, as the Fiorentina high press caused problems.

Chiesa mistimed his intervention on a Castrovilli pull-back and German Pezzella turned over, while another of the Italian winger’s shots was smothered.

Dalbert mistimed what should’ve been a free header on Ribery’s floated cross, allowing Szczesny a save at the back post.

There were more problems for Juventus, as before the break Miralem Pjanic limped off with a right thigh issue to make way for Rodrigo Bentancur.

Szczesny was again called into action on a Dalbert low cross-shot, Castrovilli scuffed Chiesa’s pull-back from 12 yards and Dalbert saw a shot charged down.

Ribery secured icon status from the Stadio Franchi crowd, as he sprinted back to stop Cristiano Ronaldo’s counter-attack with a perfectly-timed tackle.

Sarri’s problems intensified with Danilo getting cramp, so Juan Cuadrado was used as a make-shift right-back. Fiorentina kept piling on the pressure, Chiesa’s finish deflected over the bar.

Ribery worked his socks off and was given a standing ovation as he made way for Kevin-Prince Boateng. Juve almost scored against the run of play, Sami Khedira’s roll across for Ronaldo intercepted by German Pezzella, but it remained largely a Fiorentina-dominated performance with Milenkovic nodding a corner straight at Szczesny.

Ronaldo’s audacious bicycle-kick was over the bar and Boateng volleyed off target, as it ended goalless.

Fiorentina: Dragowski; Milenkovic, Pezzella (Ceccherini 83), Caceres; Lirola, Castrovilli (Zurkowski 89), Pulgar, Badelj, Dalbert; Chiesa, Ribery (Boateng 68)

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo (Cuadrado 61), De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic (Bentancur 43), Matuidi; Douglas Costa (Bernardeschi 7), Higuain, Ronaldo

Ref: Irrati

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

........4050.png   0-0           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    

3rd Matchday

Sarri: 'Juve did well to get a draw'

162144359-628b2162-11b9-43df-84f9-aab57b

https://www.football-italia.net/144175/sarri-juve-did-well-get-draw

Sep 14, 2019

Maurizio Sarri felt Juventus ought to be pleased with a draw against Fiorentina, because amid injuries “a team with less personality would’ve lost.”

The Coach made his first competitive appearance on the touchline after recovering from pneumonia, as he watched their wins over Parma and Napoli from afar.

“We didn’t put in a good quality performance, it was a very complicated situation, as Fiorentina played well and we used up all our substitutions with injuries and had no more fresh legs to introduce,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia after a 0-0 draw.

“With all those variables, we did well in terms of character to get a point out of it. We lost possession too many times, which may also be a consequence of physical issues. Playing in mid-afternoon in Florence when it’s realistically still summer is tough for everyone.”

Will Douglas Costa, Miralem Pjanic and Danilo be ready to face Atletico Madrid after they all limped off in Florence?

“Douglas Costa seems a slightly worse injury. Pjanic had a knock to the muscle during the week and it kept irritating him today, so we need more tests tomorrow.

“When the team defends deeper, we need the forwards to come back and help more. We had difficulty on a purely technical level and I am confident a team with less personality would’ve lost. That is the positive and certainly a valuable quality to have a team that can fight it out for a point even when not in great shape.

“It was evident after 30 minutes that this was going to be extremely difficult.”

Blaise Matuidi was again picked instead of summer signing Adrien Rabiot and Sarri explained the complex fitness jigsaw puzzle he is putting together.

“Rabiot is a player of great quality, but he hasn’t played a single competitive game in 2019. He arrived with such determination and sharpness, but when you haven’t played for months, there’s going to be a physical blowback from that. He is a very sensitive guy and so that physical reaction was something he also suffered with psychologically.

“We had five players at the Copa America and eight on the treatment table, so we have half the squad at a more advanced fitness level than the rest. It was a difficult situation to deal with and we needed some time to get them all in to acceptable levels, but the good news is that we tend to finish games strong.

“We’re therefore lacking some sharpness, but the stamina remains.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

Conte: 'Sarri on powerful side now'

Conte contro Sarri: 'Stia sereno, adesso è al lato forte'. E' già un Inter-Juve infuocato

FONTE

Sep 15, 2019

Inter and Juventus are already starting the war of words, with Antonio Conte telling Maurizio Sarri to “calm down, as he’s on the powerful side now.”

The Nerazzurri beat 10-man Udinese 1-0 to retain their 100 per cent record, breaking two points clear of Juve, who were held to a 0-0 draw by Fiorentina.

Sarri had commented that it wasn’t easy to play in the heat of mid-afternoon in Florence, which he feels might’ve contributed to the fact Douglas Costa, Miralem Pjanic and Danilo all limped off.

When Conte was holding his Press conference, reporters rather cheekily told the Inter boss about the ‘complaint’ from Sarri.

“I don’t want to say anything, otherwise we’ll have to start comparing balance sheets and financial resources,” smiled Conte.

“Someone ought to calm down, as he’s on the powerful side now.”

The reference was to when Sarri battled Juventus for the Scudetto two years ago as Coach of Napoli, but hit the headlines for protesting that Juve were always scheduled to play after his own team, which he believed was an unfair advantage.

Sarri also repeatedly stated that Napoli could not compete with Juventus in terms of financial capabilities.

Now that he has worked at Chelsea and returned to Serie A on the Bianconeri bench, those ‘excuses’ are no longer applicable.

At the same time, Conte is a former Juventus player and Coach who has faced pressure from Inter fans to renege his Bianconeri past.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

ATLETICO MADRID - JUVENTUS

image.png                      105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                                             

Champions League 2019-2020 - 1st Matchday

Wednesday, september 18th 2019 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

8.00 p.m. UK time - 7.00 p.m. GMT
Estadio Wanda Metropolitano - Madrid
Referee: Danny Makkelie (The Netherlands)

Juve: Pjanic fit for Atleti

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144279/juve-pjanic-fit-atleti

Sep 17, 2019

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic has been passed fit to face Atletico Madrid tomorrow evening.

Pjanic limped off during Juve’s 0-0 draw with Fiorentina on Saturday and was a doubt for the trip to Atleti.

However, the Bosnian was confirmed as travelling with the squad to Madrid, where the Bianconeri open their account in this season’s Champions League.

On the other hand, the same cannot be said for injured trio Giorgio Chiellini, Douglas Costa and Mattia De Sciglio.

Emre Can and Mario Mandzukic, the latter of whom is in negotiations over a move to Qatar, are ineligible for selection.

Juve squad to face Atleti: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Buffon; De Ligt, Pjanic, Khedira, Ronaldo, Ramsey, Dybala, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Matuidi, Cuadrado, Bonucci, Higuain, Rugani, Rabiot, Demiral, Bentancur, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Sarri: 'Juve and 10-12 teams'

211528980-a9a938db-6377-4943-b040-e47708

https://www.football-italia.net/144294/sarri-juve-and-10-12-teams

Sep 17, 2019

Maurizio Sarri wants Juventus to “enjoy our football” against Atletico Madrid. “There are 10-12 Champions League teams with the same resources as us.”

It kicks off on Wednesday at the Wanda Metropolitano at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT - 21.00 CET).

“Miralem Pjanic is available, he trained regularly with the group today and we’ll see if he starts or not,” said the Coach in a Press conference.

Juve won the last eight Serie A titles in a row, but see the Champions League as something of an obsession.

“We don’t feel this pressure. We are Juventus, every time we step on to the pitch, the objective is to win, but we also know full well there are 10-12 other teams who feel the same way and have the same resources as we do.

“At this moment, I don’t see Italian football as the favourites going into the Champions League, as over the last 20 years we’ve lost ground. The fault for that goes to everyone, from Presidents to journalists, everything that surrounds the sport.

“I think we need to face this competition with exceptional determination, but also a relaxed mind. We’ve got to get back to enjoying our football, without this illogical phobia.

“Atletico Madrid are one of the teams who can win the Champions League. It’s difficult to fight against the Premier League sides, as they have so much money in the sport.

“Atletico lost an extraordinary player in Antoine Griezmann, but brought in one just as extraordinary in Joao Felix. Saul Niguez has made huge leaps forward and I consider him one of the best in Europe right now.

“Atleti have the players to beat anyone, but unfortunately at this level, you need mental strength, technique, tactics AND a bit of luck.”

Sarri won the Europa League at Chelsea last season, the first piece of silverware in his entire career.

“I think football is the same everywhere you go, ultimately, even if elsewhere in Europe they probably don’t see conceding a goal as a drama to be carried on throughout the week. Our football remains extremely difficult to play in, even if having spent a year abroad, I realised just how high the level of Italian coaching really is. Those differences in terms of tactics are starting to level out a bit, though.”

Sarri was asked what he thought when Inter Coach Antonio Conte said this week that the Juve boss is now “on the side with power”?

“I didn’t think anything, because I was celebrating my wife’s birthday in peace. I think Conte was told something that wasn’t entirely true. When I commented on the heat and time of our game with Fiorentina, it was about us, not any other teams. I never referred to the others.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

'Juve still adjusting to Sarri'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bonucci conferenza stampa atletico juve

https://www.football-italia.net/144308/juve-still-adjusting-sarri

Sep 18, 2019

Leonardo Bonucci admits Juventus are still acclimatising to Maurizio Sarri’s tactics as they visit Atletico Madrid. “It’s the opposite of what we’re used to.”

Their Champions League campaign kicks off at the Wanda Metropolitano at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT-21.00 CET).

“It’ll be an important test and the start of a great journey, one we begin with enthusiasm and energy,” assured the defender in his Press conference.

“Playing the Champions League is always a dream. Atletico are sure to provide a battle, as that is one of their main characteristics, but we’ll try to take control from the first minute.”

Considering Juve lost here 2-0 last season, but turned it around with a 3-0 victory in Turin, would a draw at the Wanda Metropolitano be a bad result?

“That is not in our DNA to play for a draw. We’ll try to prove we’re on the right track and also take home the points we need to continue in the Champions League.”

Compared to that Round of 16 tie last season, Diego Godin has left Atleti for Inter, while Giorgio Chiellini is out for at least six months after anterior cruciate ligament surgery, replaced by Matthijs de Ligt.

“They are two leaders. Giorgio is a big loss for us, both on the field and in the dressing room. Godin is an excellent defender and I really admire his qualities. Atletico have lost an important player, but they have moved on and we will try to ensure Giorgio’s absence isn’t felt.

“De Ligt is going through an acclimatisation period, as am I to be honest, because the Coach asks us to do more or less the opposite of what we were used to doing in defence.

“It might actually be simpler for us in the Champions League, as we’ll be against teams who come out and play rather than sit back and defend. We want to put Sarri’s ideas into practice and enjoy our time on the ball.”

Bonucci was asked if he’d give up the Scudetto in order to finally win the Champions League this season.

“I keep the titles I’ve won close to my heart and wouldn’t let them go for anything. We have a great squad this year and can compete for every objective.

“When you wear the Juventus jersey, you cannot give something up in exchange for another trophy. You have to go out there looking for the win in every game.

“There will be ups and downs over the course of a season, but I’d never trade one result for another.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Line-ups: Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144332/line-ups-atletico-madrid-v-juventus

Sep 18, 2019

Juventus look to Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain and Juan Cuadrado for the Champions League clash with Atletico Madrid’s Joao Felix and Diego Costa.

It kicks off at the Wanda Metropolitano at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT - 21.00 CET). They are in the same group as Bayer Leverkusen and Lokomotiv Moscow.

These sides famously met six months ago in the Round of 16, when Juve lost 2-0 in this very stadium before winning the second leg 3-0 thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick.

CR7 again leads the attack this evening, but is joined by Higuain and Cuadrado, as Paulo Dybala is again dropped and Douglas Costa injured.

The surprise is the Colombian winger, as Federico Bernardeschi had been expected to start in place of Douglas Costa.

Miralem Pjanic has shaken off a knock to start, but Mattia De Sciglio and Giorgio Chiellini are side-lined.

Mario Mandzukic and Emre Can were left off the UEFA squad list, while once again summer signings Adrien Rabiot and Aaron Ramsey are benched.

Atletico Madrid are missing ex-Juve striker Alvaro Morata and Sime Vrsaljko, but it’s a generational shift upfront, with Diego Costa partnering teenage €125m purchase Joao Felix.

Kieran Trippier had been linked with a move to Turin this summer, but instead starts for Atleti at right-back.

Vitolo and Marcos Llorente are benched in favour of Thomas Lemar.

The Colchoneros have only ever lost eight competitive games on home turf against Italian opposition, drawing four and winning 15.

The atmosphere is likely to be tense, as it’s Ronaldo’s first visit since the exchange of rude celebratory gestures with Diego Simeone.

There are also no Juventus ultras from the official groups, as they are boycotting the game in protest at the recent arrest of 12 Curva leaders for blackmailing the club, among other illegal activity.

The referee this evening is Danny Makkelie from the Netherlands, with Jochem Kamphuis in the VAR booth.

Atletico Madrid: Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Gimenez, Lodi; Koke, Niguez, Thomas, Lemar; Diego Costa, Joao Felix

Atletico Madrid bench: Adan, Arias, Felipe, M Llorente, H Herrera, Vitolo, Correa

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Higuain, Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Buffon, Ramsey, Dybala, Rabiot, Demiral, Bentancur, Bernardeschi

Ref: Makkelie (NED)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.png         2-2       105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                                        

Juan Cuadrado 48'    

Blaise Matuidi 65'    

Stefan Savic 70'

Hector Herrera 90'   

CL: Atleti fightback stalls Juve

La Juve comanda a Madrid ma torna a casa con tanti rimpianti

https://www.football-italia.net/144337/cl-atleti-fightback-stalls-juve

Sep 18, 2019

Juventus fumbled a 2-0 lead away to Atletico Madrid, as Juan Cuadrado and Blaise Matuidi were cancelled out by set plays for 2-2, but Cristiano Ronaldo almost won it in stoppages.

These sides famously met in the Round of 16 last season, Atleti winning 2-0 at home, but losing 3-0 in Turin thanks to a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick. Because of that and his controversial celebration, not to mention his Real Madrid past, CR7 was jeered loudly every time he touched the ball.

Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa were injured, with Mario Mandzukic and Emre Can not even on the UEFA list, so Juan Cuadrado surprisingly started rather than Federico Bernardeschi. Atleti missed Alvaro Morata, and Sime Vrsaljko.

Wojciech Szczesny got down well to push a Joao Felix toe-poke round the post after an excellent solo run, while Jan Oblak was behind a Cristiano Ronaldo snapshot.

Jose Maria Gimenez got his head to a couple of set plays, but always straight at Szczesny, while nobody was in the box to meet a smart Ronaldo cross.

Miralem Pjanic’s scorcher was deflected inches over the bar by Gimenez before the break.

Juventus took the lead straight after the restart with a fantastic goal. Leonardo Bonucci won back possession and launched Higuain, whose inspired pass went across the box to find Cuadrado. The Colombian cut back inside and smashed his left-foot finish into the far top corner from 12 yards, leaving Oblak rooted to the spot. Nobody had scored a Champions League away goal at the Wanda Metropolitano since October 2018.

Cuadrado went on another strong run, but Danilo went for the goal rather than a pass to Ronaldo and Oblak was able to block.

Gimenez turned over as he came sliding in after a very impressive one-touch passing move from Atleti down the right, but Juve doubled their advantage.

Alex Sandro floated a cross from the left and Blaise Matuidi made the run to the near post for a header from point-blank range.

Atleti got back into it from a set play, where they created most of their dangerous opportunities. A free kick was floated over the top for the usual Gimenez towering header and Stefan Savic nodded in from a yard.

It was wide open and Higuain saw his powerful shot beaten away at the near post, then Matuidi’s follow-up cleared off the line by Trippier.

Szczesny flew to fingertip a Vitolo strike over the bar after Danilo’s error, then Atleti had penalty appeals waved away, as Matthijs de Ligt fired the clearance on to Bonucci’s arm from point-blank range.

Once again, the corners proved decisive and in the final minute of regular time, the hosts completed the comeback from 2-0 down to 2-2 with a header from substitute Hector Herrera, who challenged his teammate Gimenez for the ball.

It remained open, Cuadrado’s cross deflected beyond Ronaldo, but deep into stoppages Ronaldo went on a spectacular slalom through defenders and his angled drive skimmed the far post as the Wanda Metropolitano crowd held its collective breath.

Atletico Madrid 2-2 Juventus

Cuadrado 48 (J), Matuidi 65 (J), Savic 70 (A), Herrera 90 (A)

Atletico Madrid: Oblak; Trippier, Savic, Gimenez, Renan Lodi (Herrera 76); Koke, Niguez, Thomas (Vitolo 76), Lemar (Correa 60); Diego Costa, Joao Felix

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Bentancur 68), Pjanic (Ramsey 86), Matuidi; Cuadrado, Higuain (Dybala 79), Ronaldo

Ref: Makkelie (NED)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Juan Cuadrado 48'    

Blaise Matuidi 65'    

Stefan Savic 70'

Hector Herrera 90'   

Sarri: 'Got to work on set plays'

intervista sarri atletico madrid-juventus 2-2

https://www.football-italia.net/144340/sarri-got-work-set-plays

Sep 18, 2019

Maurizio Sarri admits Juventus “have to work on defending from set-plays, because we need to be more aggressive” after a 2-2 draw with Atletico Madrid.

Juan Cuadrado and Blaise Matuidi had given Juve a 2-0 lead at the Wanda Metropolitano in their Champions League opener, but two headers from set plays completed the comeback.

“It was a vast improvement from the last performance and we felt like the game was in our hands, so drawing leaves a bitter taste in the mouth,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“Juventus had not scored in this stadium for many visits and we got two goals, plus had another three or four shots on goal. It’s disappointing, because the Atleti goals came from predictable situations and yet we weren’t ready for them.

“The cliché would be to switch to man-marking, but I don’t think that makes sense. We need to be more aggressive on set plays. Atleti are very good in the air, but the ball was so weak and we were too passive, as it could’ve been cut out.

“If we’re being passive, then we’d be passive with man-marking too. I also see a lot of VAR incidents with man-marking lead to penalties, so that’s another area to be wary of. We will work on defending from set plays.”

Federico Bernardeschi was expected to start, but Juan Cuadrado was given the nod in place of injured Douglas Costa and scored the opening goal.

“We knew there would be spaces and Cuadrado’s pace and sharpness on the counter could be very useful.”

It was an improvement from the 0-0 draw with Fiorentina at the weekend, which particularly irritated Sarri.

“I think that against Fiorentina there were some negative situations and we let ourselves get distracted, so lost the focus on the real objective, which was to get three points. The Viola were much more determined and I saw a physical gap, yet the statistics afterwards showed we ran better and had quicker accelerations.

“I therefore assume the difference was psychological, so they got to the ball first because they were more determined. Tonight, we had the right level of determination and showed some of the things we try every day in training.

“Now we need to resolve the problem of set plays, as it’s penalising to concede four goals in three games from dead-ball situations.”

Sarri was asked about his constant note-taking, which seemed even more frenetic than usual this evening.

“On the bench and the lads in the stands write constantly to speed up the work the next morning. We allowed the opposition 20 turnarounds and that uses up a lot of energy. It also means we evidently had the ball in open spaces and were caught out.

“Cuadrado trained for two months as a full-back and today played in attack, so evidently that was my fault in training him for one role and then using him in another. I accept that might make it difficult for him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

Juan Cuadrado 48'    

Blaise Matuidi 65'    

Stefan Savic 70'

Hector Herrera 90'   

Bonucci: 'Can't keep conceding these'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor atletico madrid juventus 2-2 bonucci

https://www.football-italia.net/144339/bonucci-cant-keep-conceding-these

Sep 18, 2019 

Leonardo Bonucci and Juventus were furious at their 2-2 draw with Atletico Madrid. “We cannot keep conceding goals from set plays.”

The Bianconeri had gone 2-0 up through Juan Cuadrado and Blaise Matuidi, but conceded two headers from dead ball situations.

“In the first half, Atletico were pressing a lot and we were a little slow moving the ball, but when we did speed it up, we got into their penalty area,” the captain told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s a pity to concede two goals on set plays. We had a great performance, but we’ve got to be more focused, because this has happened too many times now. Everyone has to be more concentrated. A side like ours cannot keep conceding this many goals from set plays.

“We got away with it against Napoli and picked up the three points, but tonight we dropped two points and that hurts.”

It is a sign of progress compared to last season that Juve out-played Atleti at the Wanda Metropolitano for long periods and scored two goals.

“Our confidence level was high, we caused Atletico a lot of problems and it’s just a pity that Cristiano’s shot in stoppages didn’t go in.”

Bonucci was asked about some moments of irritation between Cuadrado and his teammates after the final whistle.

“We were hungry for victory, so there was tension at the final whistle. Everyone should take responsibility for the goals we conceded and we wash our dirty laundry behind closed doors.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - VERONA

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png.......... verona-128x128.png       

4th Matchday

Saturday, september 21st 2019 - 6:00 p.m. CET 

5.00 p.m. UK time - 4.00 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Federico La Penna

Sarri: Italy 'obsessed' with rotation

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri conferenza stampa pre juve-verona

https://www.football-italia.net/144397/sarri-italy-obsessed-rotation

Sep 20, 2019

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri claims Italian football is “obsessed with rotation” and plans to turn Federico Bernardeschi into “a specialist midfielder”.

Sarri has long been criticised for not utilising his squads, and he has been urged to make better use of the players available to him at Juve.

“We’ll see the situation because we have one more training session,” the former Napoli and Chelsea Coach said before tomorrow’s Serie A match against Verona.

“We’ll decide accordingly. In Italy we’re obsessed with rotation. I played over 60 games in England last season and there are teams that do it all with 14 players.

“Perhaps we use up more mental energy here than physical. When something isn’t working, I like to understand why and improve it.

“With regards to high balls, it was a lapse in concentration and aggression that we can resolve.

“Right now, the team must find strong organisation and we can do so only by having consistency in key positions. We’ll make changes if someone is tired.

“Ronaldo is seeing much more of the ball than in the past. It’s never easy to get shots off against Atletico, but he managed three.

“He always expects a lot of himself and when he has a good game, he doesn’t seem to have done anything exceptional.

“However, he did something exceptional in the 94th minute, which didn’t come off due to a bit of luck. He can grow like the rest of the team.”

Paulo Dybala has yet to make any starts for the Bianconeri this season but did come on against Atleti, while Bernardeschi is covering for Douglas Costa on the wing.

“If I didn’t think he was ready, I wouldn’t brought him on at a decisive moment. Maybe he’s not yet at the top of his game, but he’s able to give us a hand.

“In the future, I see Bernardeschi becoming a specialist midfielder and not a winger.

“However, right now I need him in attack. We’ll help him do his best: he’s a player with great quality.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - VERONA

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png          2-1 .....verona-128x128.png       

Miguel Veloso 21'

Aaron Ramsey 31'

Cristiano Ronaldo (penalty) 49'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ramsey and Buffon resist Verona

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142400

Sep 21, 2019

Aaron Ramsey scored on his first start and Cristiano Ronaldo converted a penalty, but Juventus needed Gigi Buffon to scrape a victory over Hellas Verona.

Maurizio Sarri rotated the squad after a 2-2 Champions League draw with Atletico Madrid, giving Gigi Buffon, Paulo Dybala, Aaron Ramsey and Merih Demiral their first starts of the season. Buffon marked his Bianconeri return, having played his last game for the club also against Hellas Verona here on May 19, 2018. It was his 902nd career match for all clubs, matching Paolo Maldini’s tally. Verona started Samuele Di Carmine for suspended Mariusz Stepinski.

Cristiano Ronaldo cut inside for a right-foot curler over the bar, then went down under a shirt-tug, but had penalty appeals waved away.

Instead, Verona were awarded a spot-kick moments later, as Di Carmine got in front of Demiral and was bundled over. Di Carmine stepped up to take on his career first Serie A start and fired it on to the upright, while Darko Lazovic hit the rebound on to the crossbar, but Juve couldn’t get it clear and Miguel Veloso hit a peach of a strike into the top corner from 20 metres out to give Verona the lead.

Ramsey marked his first start in a Juventus jersey with the equaliser, as he gathered a long way out and the rather scuffed shot took a huge deflection off Koray Gunter to wrong-foot Marco Silvestri in at the near bottom corner.

Ramsey could’ve had a second soon after, but didn’t realise the Ronaldo pass was deflected and bobbled right past him.

After the restart, Cuadrado turned on the turbo and was brought down, as Koray Gunter made a tackle he had no chance of winning.  Ronaldo kept his cool to convert the penalty high and central, as Silvestri dived too early.

Dybala fired over after an extended run of give-and-go passes with Ronaldo, then Ramsey’s cross-shot flashed across the face of goal.

Verona kept the pressure on and Buffon flew to palm away a Mattia Zaccagni snapshot, then he only parried Veloso’s free kick into the crowd, forcing Leonardo Bonucci to use his body to block the Di Carmine rebound from seven yards.

Veloso tested Buffon again from a free kick and a corner, then Gonzalo Higuain came on only to be left with a bloody nose after an accidental knock.

Verona had a huge double opportunity to equalise at the 89th minute, but Buffon was on his toes with a decisive save on Lazovic, then Veloso’s follow-up clipped the frame of the goal.

Hellas went down to 10 men for the third time in four rounds, as Kumbulla tripped Matuidi on the edge of the box for his second yellow card.

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, Bonucci, Demiral, Alex Sandro; Ramsey (Khedira 60), Bentancur, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Dybala (Higuain 72), Cristiano Ronaldo

Verona: Silvestri; Rrahmani, Kumbulla, Gunter; Faraoni, Amrabat (Pazzini 84), Veloso, Lazovic; Zaccagni (Tutino 72), Verre (Pessina 58); Di Carmine

Ref: La Penna

Missed penalty: Di Carmine 20 (V)

Sent off: Kumbulla 92 (V)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - VERONA

Miguel Veloso 21'

Aaron Ramsey 31'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ronaldo: 'Juve fatigue is normal'

ronaldo polemico juventus verona

https://www.football-italia.net/144442/ronaldo-juve-fatigue-normal

Sep 21, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo felt Juventus struggling to beat Hellas Verona was “only normal” after the Champions League efforts.

“The referee didn’t give the penalty, it doesn’t matter, I thought it was a penalty,” Ronaldo told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-1 victory.

“The important thing is that the team won, we were tired after the Champions League, which is only natural after the travelling, the intense match in Madrid, but we were able to get it done.”

Ronaldo was asked about the gesture he made when skimming the woodwork in the final minute of that 2-2 draw against Atleti, towards the crowd suggesting they were nervous.

“People like to talk rubbish. That’s all. There are too many stupid people.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - VERONA

Miguel Veloso 21'

Aaron Ramsey 31'

4th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: 'Juventus under construction'

211945305-e873e427-4d7a-4a27-bc9d-0a1f04

https://www.football-italia.net/144444/sarri-juventus-under-construction

Sep 21, 2019

Maurizio Sarri felt Juventus “played in fits and starts, without much balance” in their 2-1 win over Hellas Verona. “We’re under construction and you can tell.”

Miguel Veloso had put Verona in front in Turin, even after Samuele Di Carmine missed a penalty, but Aaron Ramsey’s deflected effort and a Cristiano Ronaldo spot-kick secured the 2-1 victory.

“Perhaps there was some mental fatigue, because you need to immediately recharge the batteries a couple of days later. With a lot of changes, you lose some balance, and that’s what we saw today, as we played in fits and starts,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia

“Dybala had a very good game. Ramsey still needs to adapt, but that’s pretty natural in the circumstances. Our central midfielder was man-marked, but I think we could’ve done more with the other two midfielders. Changing two out of three in the middle meant it was clear we could’ve lost some balance.

“This is a team under construction and you can tell. We far too easily forget to defend moving forward and tend to run backwards under pressure, so it’ll take a while to get that out of them.

“When there are teams that provide width with their wing-backs, we need to stay tight, otherwise it becomes a problem and we’re constantly in the middle of nowhere.

“We should’ve been organised in our pressing on their three defenders, as the distances weren’t right today. Having said that, Verona are in excellent shape and attack you all over the field one-on-one, they press high and it’s not easy to beat them.

“These players are accustomed to the Champions League and dealing with the fixture list. We did well to turn around a game that had become very difficult, but we need to improve our possession and our initial approach, because we left it open and risked an equaliser at the end.

“It takes a long time to drill the defending movements into the team and right now they are not confident enough playing out from the back under pressure.

“Napoli were also a very symmetrical team and Juve are not as symmetrical, so the characteristics are different.”

The symmetry is perhaps changed by Cristiano Ronaldo pushing harder down the left flank.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.                 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png......

5th Matchday

Tuesday, september 24th 2019 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

Mario Rigamonti Stadium - Brescia
Referee: Fabrizio Pasqua

Sarri wary of Balotelli effect

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144502/sarri-wary-balotelli-effect

Sep 23, 2019

Maurizio Sarri has urged Juventus to be wary of the Mario Balotelli effect against Brescia tomorrow, while revealing that Cristiano Ronaldo may sit out.

Juve only narrowly beat Verona 2-1 on Saturday but remain unbeaten under Sarri after their first four Serie A games, whereas Brescia will be boosted by Balotelli’s debut.

“We still have to assess the conditions of the players for tomorrow,” the Coach said at a Press conference.

“Yesterday the team had a recovery session after the win against Verona. I still don’t know who will rest: Ronaldo had a little thigh strain yesterday, but it’s normal after three games in a week.

“From the medical reports, we’ll understand who needs a spot of rest between him, Matuidi and Bonucci.

“The team are developing well, we’re finding the right balance: the team’s ability to adapt to the philosophy of their Coach is, as I always say, something subjective.

“Brescia have impressed me and you can see that they’ve put in a lot of work: they’re organised, they play nice football and are dangerous.

“They have a lot of enthusiasm, so we have to be careful, and Balotelli’s debut can give even them even more of a buzz. We’re certainly dealing with a tricky match.

“Luckily Higuain didn’t suffer any fractures to his nasal septum, so he should be available. The only issue he had the other day was the blood that kept coming out of the nose.

“There’s nothing particularly different about the Juve world to the others. Worlds are created by people and I’m very happy with them.

“Certainly the need to pick up results is also present at other clubs, then comes the technical aspect: a Coach must learn the technical-mental characteristics of the players he has at his disposal, and you succeed by working together every day.

“I’ve seen practically none of the League, only the teams we’ve faced. I don’t have a picture of the general situation in mind, but I think it’s still more difficult than in previous years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.                 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png......

5th Matchday

Juve without Ronaldo for Brescia

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144507/juve-without-ronaldo-brescia

Sep 23, 2019

Juventus will be without Cristiano Ronaldo for their Serie A match against Brescia tomorrow.

Maurizio Sarri confirmed at a Press conference that Ronaldo was a doubt with a thigh strain.

The No 7 will now officially not make the trip to Brescia as no chances are taken over his thigh strain.

He is also up for The Best FIFA Men’s Player award at the Teatro alla Scala in Milan this evening.

However, Gonzalo Higuain is in despite fears of a broken nose, while injured trio Giorgio Chiellini, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa remain out.

There is also still no place for Mario Mandzukic, who continues to be linked with a move to Qatar.

Juve squad to face Brescia: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Buffon; De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Demiral; Pjanic, Khedira, Ramsey, Matuidi, Emre Can, Rabiot, Bentancur; Dybala, Cuadrado, Higuain, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

5th Matchday

Probable line-ups: Brescia-Juve

brescia-juventus formazioni

https://www.football-italia.net/144520/probable-line-ups-brescia-juve

Sep 24, 2019

Paulo Dybala is set to get the nod over Gonzalo Higuain in a Cristiano Ronaldo-less Juventus attack against Mario Balotelli’s Brescia this evening.

Ronaldo has been left out of Juve’s squad with a thigh strain, while Higuain had been suffering from a nosebleed.

That should open the door for Dybala to play through the middle of a front three with Juan Cuadrado and Federico Bernardeschi.

Elsewhere, Wojciech Szczesny and Matthijs de Ligt are expected to replace Gianluigi Buffon and Merih Demiral.

Aaron Ramsey, Adrien Rabiot and Rodrigo Bentancur will all miss out as Sami Khedira and Miralem Pjanic are ready to take to the middle of the park.

Brescia, meanwhile, are set to hand a long-awaited debut to Balotelli, who has served his four-match ban.

The Italy striker will play his first Serie A game in three years and should partner last season’s Serie B top goalscorer Alfredo Donnarumma up top.

Brescia (probable): Joronen; Sabelli, Cistana, Chancellor, Mateju; Romulo, Tonali, Bisoli; Spalek; Donnarumma, Balotelli

Juventus (probable): Szczesny; Danilo, De Ligt, Bonucci, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Dybala, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.           1-2     105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        

Alfredo Donnarumma 4'

Jhon Chancellor (o.g.) 39'

Miralem Pjanic 63'

..15th Matchday

Juventus comeback breaks Brescia

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142407

Sep 24, 2019

Brescia had taken the early lead on Mario Balotelli’s debut, but a Chancellor own goal and Miralem Pjanic volley turned it around for Juventus.

Balotelli’s four-match left-over Ligue 1 ban had expired, so he was finally able to make the debut for his hometown club, though Ernesto Torregrossa, Emanuele Ndoj, Mattia Viviani and Giangiacomo Magnani were injured. Maurizio Sarri continued tinkering, as he left Cristiano Ronaldo at home, moving Aaron Ramsey to trequartista in a 4-3-1-2 formation. Giorgio Chiellini, Douglas Costa, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca, Mattia Perin and Mario Mandzukic were unavailable.

It took four minutes for Brescia to break the deadlock at the Rigamonti, as Alfredo Donnarumma smashed it at the near top corner from just inside the box, bending back Wojciech Szczesny’s gloves. The goalkeeper could’ve done better, but Sandro Tonali spread the play well and it was Serie A debutant Donnarumma’s fourth goal in his first five games.

Adrien Rabiot had his first start in a Juventus jersey and blasted over after Dybala’s attempt was charged down, while Gonzalo Higuain tested Jens Joronen at the near post and Ramsey’s header was just off target from the resulting corner.

Sami Khedira’s angled drive flashed wide, but Juve lost Danilo to a muscular injury, introducing Juan Cuadrado as makeshift right-back.

Cuadrado’s cross only grazed Gonzalo Higuain’s head and Sami Khedira at the back post, but Balotelli’s rocket of a free kick was fingertipped over the bar by Szczesny.

Juve eventually got their equaliser when Dybala’s corner bounced off Joronen’s gloves and Chancellor’s head to ricochet into the net from close range.

Balotelli tried again from a set play, this time curling wide of the near post, in a very open and entertaining match.

Juve pushed after the restart with a series of great scoring opportunities, as Joronen stood his ground one-on-one with Higuain and also managed to stop Chancellor scoring another own goal on the rebound.

Moments later, Dybala tested Joronen from the by-line down the right and Rabiot thought he’d scored on the follow-up, but was denied by a goal-line clearance.

The pressure was growing and Juve turned the game around. Dybala’s free kick from just outside the area hit the wall, but Miralem Pjanic smacked the rebound on the volley to fly into the far bottom corner.

Barely a minute later, Brescia almost equalised, as Daniele Dessena’s chest and volley shaved a coat of paint off the far top corner.

It was open and chaotic, as Khedira ran from midfield on a solo effort and almost scored, then Szczesny had to beat away an Alessandro Matri strike with Romulo unable to turn in the rebound.

Federico Bernardeschi fired a couple of long-range strikes off target and Balotelli’s header was over the bar under pressure. Deep into stoppages, Joronen's save on Cuadrado pushed the ball into the path of Higuain, who failed to turn in from six yards.

Brescia: Joronen; Sabelli, Cistana, Chancellor, Mateju (Martella 69); Bisoli, Tonali, Dessena; Romulo (Aye 84); Balotelli, A Donnarumma (Matri 64)

Juventus: Szczesny; Danilo (Cuadrado 19), Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey (Bernardeschi 69); Higuain, Dybala (Matuidi 80)

Ref: Pasqua

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

Geen fotobeschrijving beschikbaar.           1-2     105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        

Alfredo Donnarumma 4'

Miralem Pjanic 63'

..15th Matchday

Mario Rigamonti Stadium - Brescia

Sarri: 'Juventus tactically versatile'

sarri intervista brescia-juventus 1-2

https://www.football-italia.net/144552/sarri-juventus-tactically-versatile

Sep 24, 2019

Maurizio Sarri explained Juventus will work on both the 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 formations after fighting back to beat Brescia 2-1, especially after Danilo’s injury.

Alfredo Donnarumma had bent back Wojciech Szczesny’s gloves after just four minutes to put the Rondinelle in front, but a Chancellor own goal and Miralem Pjanic volley after a free kick turned the game around.

The Bianconeri had made some tactical adjustments in the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo, using Aaron Ramsey as a trequartista in the hole behind Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain.

“We improved a great deal in our passing and had more control of the game, but we need to improve in our defending. I saw steps forward in the way we created chances too, as there were basically three goal-line clearances and it wasn’t easy after going behind within four minutes in a passionate atmosphere,” the Coach told DAZN.

Sarri was asked why he had moved from the 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2 in the absence of Cristiano Ronaldo, who was rested for this midweek round.

“I think we need to be ready for both tactics right now. We have some problems with the full-backs and a lot of attacking midfielders, so it seems wise to make the most of the resources at our disposal.

“If later in the season our full-backs are all in great shape, then we can reconsider the approach, but it’s important to be prepared for all scenarios.

“I had already been thinking about introducing Juan Cuadrado for the second half at right-back, but it was rushed by Danilo’s injury this evening.

“At the start of the season, Douglas Costa was the one making the difference and I wanted to make the most of that form. Paulo Dybala was doing well recently, so it was right to use him tonight.

“With the trequartista, Aaron Ramsey is best suited to the role right now, while there’s also Rabiot. In some games, I am convinced Dybala can also help us out as a trequartista, although I prefer him a few metres further forward.

“Dybala showed a lot of quality, did well in combining at pace with Ramsey, he went off with a slight knock and we’ll see how he’s doing.

“Matthijs De Ligt is growing, we need a little patience. He is very young, came from a very different style of football at Ajax. He is phenomenal, but not ready yet. Don’t forget Kalidou Koulibaly struggled a little in the first few months of Serie A with Napoli too.

“We’ve lost a charismatic player in defence like Giorgio Chiellini, then Mattia De Sciglio and today Danilo. At times we are vulnerable in defence as a team and not just because of the defenders. I want to see the goal we conceded tonight, but I don’t think it was entirely the fault of the back four.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130779 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

BRESCIA - JUVENTUS

Alfredo Donnarumma 4'

Miralem Pjanic 63'

..15th Matchday

Mario Rigamonti Stadium - Brescia

Pjanic: 'Juve can't keep games open'

Image may contain: 1 person, text

https://www.football-italia.net/144550/pjanic-juve-cant-keep-games-open

Sep 24, 2019

Miralem Pjanic warned Juventus that “it’s not easy when the game is always open” after a comeback to beat Brescia 2-1.

Alfredo Donnarumma had opened the scoring within four minutes, but Chancellor’s own goal and a Pjanic volley after a free kick turned it around at the Stadio Rigamonti.

“It’s a pity we conceded so early, but we did try to play our game, have chances and pass the ball in a difficult arena,” the midfielder told DAZN.

“I think we ultimately deserved the win, because we clearly kept more possession. We could and absolutely should’ve scored more goals, because it was open until the end at 2-1.

“The ball was moving around well, we’ve just got to be more incisive in attack, as it’s not easy when the game is always open. We did well, it was an improvement.”

Juventus are still settling in with new Coach Maurizio Sarri and he shifted his tactics a little today, moving from 4-3-3 to 4-3-1-2 with Aaron Ramsey as the trequartista.

“It takes patience, calm and hard work. Every year there is criticism for this team, it’s natural. We aim to win everything and are working to be one of the best teams in Europe, but this is just the beginning and we’re on the right track.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...