Saturday, september 28th 2019 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 1.00 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Marco Piccinini

Matuidi 'becomes Juve left-back'

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144638/matuidi-becomes-juve-left-back

Sep 27, 2019

Juventus will reportedly use midfielder Blaise Matuidi as a left-back against SPAL in Serie A tomorrow.

Juve have a crisis in the position as Alex Sandro is in Brazil following the death of his grandmother, while Danilo and Mattia De Sciglio remain injured.

Therefore, Corriere della Sera claims Maurizio Sarri will play Matuidi on the left of his back four when SPAL visit on Saturday.

The 32-year-old is left-footed and had a stint as a left-back with St Etienne, prior to joining Paris Saint-Germain in 2011.

Failing that, Sarri could switch to a three-man defence or promote Under-23 player Pietro Beruatto.

The Old Lady are already playing Juan Cuadrado – a winger by trade – at right-back.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - SPAL

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    Logo-Spal-128x128.png

..166th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: "Three at the back is currently not an option,

we will be forced to use someone on the flank."

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri conferenza stampa pre juventus spal

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juventus-sarri-three-at-the-back-is-currently-not-an-option-we-will-be-forced-to-use-someone-on-the-flank

Sep 27, 2019

Ahead of Juventus' match with SPAL, coach of the bianconeri Maurizio Sarri spoke to the media. The issue at play is Juventus' defensive alignment with injuries to key players now a concern: "For me, three at the back is not an option at this time. Someone must play along that flank, so we have an issue. Yesterday we attempted one solution and today we'll try another, then we will choose.

"Emre Can in the starting lineup? I don't know. He tried to leave after the decision to exclude him from the Champions League list, but now we're trying to bring him back in and consider him. Our center backs are all right footed, so playing one on the left is a problem. We spoke with Barzagli at the end of June, but he had obligations. He gave his approval in September and we are thrilled that he will join our staff. His first job will be to work individually with players like Cuadrado who has certain deficiencies when he must defend.

"Cristiano Ronaldo like all great champions can play with anyone, they can easily play together. Rabiot didn't play in 2019, we need to have some patience so that he doesn't go in all at once. In the second half against Brescia he did well. He has great quality and is technically strong."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - SPAL

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                    Logo-Spal-128x128.png

..166th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Ronaldo back for Juve

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144654/ronaldo-back-juve

Sep 27, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo is in Juventus’s squad to face SPAL tomorrow as left-back Pietro Beruatto is promoted from the Under-23s.

Ronaldo’s return from a thigh strain comes as no surprise, given he was back training with the Juve squad yesterday.

Beruatto is also drafted in due to a lack of full-back options, with Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio and Alex Sandro all absent.

The 20-year-old is a regular performer for the Bianconeri’s reserve team in Serie C and has represented Italy at U18, U19 and U20 levels.

Juve squad to face SPAL: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Buffon; De Ligt, Bonucci, Rugani, Demiral, Beruatto; Pjanic, Khedira, Ramsey, Matuidi, Emre Can, Rabiot, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado, Higuain, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - SPAL

.... 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       1-0         Logo-Spal-128x128.png

Miralem Pjanic 45'

..166th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-0: Juventus break down SPAL

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144682/ht-juventus-break-down-spal

Sep 28, 2019

Miralem Pjanic has given Juventus the half-time lead over SPAL after Etrit Berisha’s remarkable save on Aaaron Ramsey.

The Bianconeri were dealing with an injury crisis that ruled out Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini and Douglas Costa, with Alex Sandro in Brazil on compassionate leave, so Juan Cuadrado and Blaise Matuidi were makeshift full-backs. Gonzalo Higuain was rested, as Cristiano Ronaldo returned to the starting XI following a midweek win at Brescia. SPAL missed Jasmin Kurtic, Federico Di Francesco, Marco D’Alessandro, Mattia Valoti and Mohamed Fares, but surprisingly gave Gabriele Moncini his first Serie A start of the season.

SPAL beat Juve only twice in Serie A, in 1957 and last April. Juve confirmed their issues defending set plays, as Arkadiusz Reca was unmarked and snatched at his volley wide in the opening minutes.

Gianluigi Buffon made history with his 903rd club football appearance for Parma, Juventus and PSG, surpassing the record 902 set by Paolo Maldini at Milan.

Sami Khedira’s glancing header whistled just past the far post on a Cuadrado cross, while Ronaldo’s volley was deflected wide by Nenad Tomovic.

Juve went on the counter from a SPAL free kick, Dybala’s left-foot curler fingertipped round the far post by Etrit Berisha on 34 minutes.

That moment suddenly turned up the tempo in what had until then been a very sluggish match. The Bianconeri pumped crosses into the box, Berisha struggling on some of them.

The best chance by far was on 43 minutes, as Cristiano Ronaldo dinked up a cross to the back post for Ramsey’s free header, but Berisha performed an astonishing save from point-blank range. Ramsey had nodded it back across the face of goal with Berisha already diving the wrong way, but the goalkeeper stuck out his trailing leg to kick it off the line.

Pjanic saw his strike cleared off the line by Francesco Vicari, although Ronaldo seemed to be offside in the build-up and it would not have counted.

The deadlock was eventually broken on the stroke of half-time. Berisha punched away another dangerous cross, Sami Khedira knocked it down and Pjanic thumped a half-volley from 20 metres that took a slight deflection off Mirko Valdifiori to loop into the far top corner.

Juventus 1-0 SPAL (Half-Time)

Pjanic 45 (J)

Juventus: Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Matuidi; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Ramsey; Ronaldo, Dybala

SPAL: Berisha; Tomovic, Vicari, Igor; Sala, Murgia, Valdifiori, Missiroli, Reca; Moncini, Petagna

Ref: Piccinini

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - SPAL

....     105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png    2-0         Logo-Spal-128x128.png

Miralem Pjanic 45'

Cristiano Ronaldo 78'

..166th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Juventus see off SPAL

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142418

Sep 28, 2019

A Miralem Pjanic strike and Cristiano Ronaldo header gave Juventus the 2-0 victory over SPAL, although Etrit Berisha kept the scoreline down with a series of saves.

The Bianconeri were dealing with an injury crisis that ruled out Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Giorgio Chiellini and Douglas Costa, with Alex Sandro in Brazil on compassionate leave, so Juan Cuadrado and Blaise Matuidi were makeshift full-backs. Gonzalo Higuain was rested, as Cristiano Ronaldo returned to the starting XI following a midweek win at Brescia. SPAL missed Jasmin Kurtic, Federico Di Francesco, Marco D’Alessandro, Mattia Valoti and Mohamed Fares, but surprisingly gave Gabriele Moncini his first Serie A start of the season.

SPAL beat Juve only twice in Serie A, in 1957 and last April. Juve confirmed their issues defending set plays, as Arkadiusz Reca was unmarked and snatched at his volley wide in the opening minutes.

Gianluigi Buffon made history with his 903rd club football appearance for Parma, Juventus and PSG, surpassing the record 902 set by Paolo Maldini at Milan.

Sami Khedira’s glancing header whistled just past the far post on a Cuadrado cross, while Ronaldo’s volley was deflected wide by Nenad Tomovic.

Juve went on the counter from a SPAL free kick, Dybala’s left-foot curler fingertipped round the far post by Etrit Berisha on 34 minutes.

That moment suddenly turned up the tempo in what had until then been a very sluggish match. The Bianconeri pumped crosses into the box, Berisha struggling on some of them.

The best chance by far was on 43 minutes, as Cristiano Ronaldo dinked up a cross to the back post for Ramsey’s free header, but Berisha performed an astonishing save from point-blank range. Ramsey had nodded it back across the face of goal with Berisha already diving the wrong way, but the goalkeeper stuck out his trailing leg to kick it off the line.

Pjanic saw his strike cleared off the line by Francesco Vicari, although Ronaldo seemed to be offside in the build-up and it would not have counted.

The deadlock was eventually broken on the stroke of half-time. Berisha punched away another dangerous cross, Sami Khedira knocked it down and Pjanic thumped a half-volley from 20 metres that took a slight deflection off Mirko Valdifiori to loop into the far top corner.

Berisha continued to keep the scoreline down with another spectacular close-range save on Khedira’s diving header from six yards, set up by Ronaldo.

The goalkeeper was at full stretch to get one hand to snooker shots from both Dybala and Ronaldo, then beat away a powerful CR7 strike at the near post.

Ronaldo took all this into account when scoring the second goal, as Dybala whipped in a cross from the left and at the back post he aimed a strong downward header directly between Berisha’s legs, although the ‘keeper almost managed to get that one too.

Berisha consolidated his Man of the Match status in stoppages with another fingertip save to turn Ronaldo's volley round the far post.

Juventus: Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Matuidi; Khedira (Emre Can 60), Pjanic, Rabiot (Bentancur 77); Ramsey (Bernardeschi 65); Ronaldo, Dybala

Spal: Berisha; Tomovic, Vicari, Igor; Sala (Jankovic 72), Murgia (Strefezza 57), Valdifiori, Missiroli, Reca; Moncini (Paloschi 76), Petagna

Ref: Piccinini

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - SPAL

....     105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png    2-0         Logo-Spal-128x128.png

Miralem Pjanic 45'

Cristiano Ronaldo 78'

..166th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Sarri: 'I haven't watched Inter'

576055e114414e32a80e3c83996e5d58-09639-1

https://www.football-italia.net/144687/sarri-i-havent-watched-inter

Sep 28, 2019

Maurizio Sarri acknowledged Juventus had to move the ball quicker against SPAL, with special praise for Emre Can and Blaise Matuidi, but claims he hasn’t watched Inter at all.

The Bianconeri won 2-0 this afternoon with goals from Pjanic and Cristiano Ronaldo, although only a series of Etrit Berisha super saves prevented a rout.

“We had a few difficulties finding the right tempo in the opening stages, especially as SPAL were so clammed up. It wasn’t the tempo of the players as the ball, we moved the ball too slowly and there wasn’t enough movement off the ball,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was better in the second half, we created many chances and conceded very few. I was very happy with Matuidi’s performance in this new left-back role and also pleased with the determination shown by the players who came off the bench.

“Squad rotation is important, but so is the fact Emre Can came on with that attitude and determination after his great disappointment (of not being in the Champions League squad). He can be a very useful player for us this season.”

Pjanic not only got a goal, but had 124 touches, so is getting closer to the 150 passes per game that Sarri had asked for in pre-season.

“I told him he needs another 25 to meet the promise! Pjanic is improving a great deal in the number of touches and the vertical passes he is coming out with.”

Cristiano Ronaldo and Paulo Dybala had a rare start together today, as Gonzalo Higuain was rested.

“Against Verona, I think we didn’t play well and Hellas did very well. We were different at Brescia, showed more character, more quality in our passing and many more chances.

“Dybala gives us quality and more solutions going forward. Cristiano Ronaldo was lively today and created four or five scoring opportunities, while Higuain has been doing well this season.

“It’s good to have three forwards where any combination you choose, you can’t really go wrong.”

Juventus will face Inter in a top of the table showdown next weekend, but Sarri made a surprising revelation.

“I haven’t actually watched any Inter games this season, as we’ve focused mainly on the teams we are facing next. Tonight, we’ll watch a couple of Bayer Leverkusen matches and then go to dinner.

“I hear that Inter are playing very well, I had no doubt they would considering the quality of the Coach and their players. I always said this would be a far more balanced season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

JUVENTUS - BAYER LEVERKUSEN

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                   image.png                      

Champions League 2019-2020 - 2nd Matchday

Tuesday, october 1st 2019 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

8.00 p.m. UK time - 7.00 p.m. GMT
Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 
William Collum (Scotland)

Sarri wants ‘carefree’ Juve

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri e pjanic conferenza stampa pre juventus bayer leverkusen

https://www.football-italia.net/144751/sarri-wants-‘carefree’-juve

Sep 30, 2019

Maurizio Sarri wants to see a ‘carefree’ Juventus in Europe but admits “we’re still not balanced enough” for a Dybala-Higuain-Ronaldo front three.

Juve remain unbeaten under Sarri in competitive matches this season and opened their Champions League campaign with a 2-2 draw at Atletico Madrid.

However, they face on Tuesday a Bayer Leverkusen side who are only a point behind leaders Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga table.

“We can’t think about Inter now,” Sarri said at a Press conference.

“Bayer are only one point behind Bayern Munich and are the Bundesliga team with the best physical qualities, as well as having  excellent runners.

“It’ll be a hugely difficult contest and it would be a crazy mistake to think beyond tomorrow. In this competition, incidents can be crucial.

“The only objective I’ve set for myself is to get through the group, then we’ll see. We must be carefree when taking to the field. The Champions League mustn’t become an obsession.

“Right now it’s very difficult for Italian teams to be favourites in the Champions League: for me, the English sides are favourites.”

Staying on the topic of Brits, the Coach admitted his ‘surprise’ at Aaron Ramsey’s rapid adaptation to Italian football.

“He’s doing well, but he still has room for improvement. I was surprised by how quickly he’s integrated.

“We did better against SPAL than Brescia but, beyond the games, what leaves me calm is our attitude in training: it leaves me thinking that we‘re destined to improve.

“Now we must grow in terms of the speed of our play and our finishing.”

With Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala all available, is lining them up in an attacking trident tempting?

“It’s a beautiful suggestion, but we’re still not balanced enough. For now, we can only try this solution for spells in matches.

“I don’t know if anyone will rest. Our physical condition is growing, but the mental one is also linked.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

Pjanic: I want 150 touches!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri e pjanic conferenza stampa pre juventus bayer leverkusen

https://www.football-italia.net/144756/pjanic-i-want-150-touches

Sep 30, 2019

Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic says he wants to touch the ball 150 times a game as “playing under Max Allegri was completely different.”

Pjanic’s importance to Juve has been elevated by Maurizio Sarri’s appointment, with the midfielder no longer always looking to “immediately get the ball wide”.

“There are obviously things that still to be improved, but I’m convinced that with the passage of time, everything will get better and better,” he said at a Press conference for tomorrow’s Champions League clash with Bayer Leverkusen.

“My teammates always look for me and I like that. Playing under Allegri was completely different, we immediately looked to get the ball wide.

“Now it’s different. In the last few games I’ve tried more forward passes, but it all depends on what the Coach asks of me. I want to get to touching 150 balls per game.

“I want to be one of the best midfielders in the world. I’m playing for one of the best teams in the world. I was lucky to grow step by step with the Coaches I had.

“Winning helps you improve, and I know I can improve even more. The Juventus players are all ready to reach the highest objectives.

“We have an experienced group with players who have won everything, and that aspect helps in certain games. I don’t think it’s a flaw.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

‘De Ligt was destined for greatness’

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor de ligt juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/144759/‘de-ligt-was-destined-greatness’

Sep 30, 2019

Bayer Leverkusen boss Peter Bosz claims Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt was already a great player when he was 17.

Bosz was De Ligt’s Coach at Ajax during the 2016-17 campaign and started his fellow Dutchman against Manchester United in that season’s Europa League Final.

“When I was coaching Ajax he was only 17, but he was a great player even then,” Bosz said at a Press conference for tomorrow’s Champions League clash with Juve.

“There are only a few talents like him around. Juve are a great team, who are difficult to face.

“Sarri loves to get his teams playing well. We’ve already seen it with Napoli and Chelsea.”

Leverkusen have not made the best of starts in the Champions League this season, losing 2-1 at home to Lokomotiv Moscow in their first game.

“We absolutely had to win at home to Lokomotiv. Unfortunately it didn’t happen and tomorrow we have a second chance.

“There can’t be any sign of nerves. It would’ve been better not to have this downtime, but it’s not relevant.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

Line-ups: Juve-Leverkusen

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor juventus bayer leverkusen

https://www.football-italia.net/144772/line-ups-juve-leverkusen

Oct 1, 2019

Juventus are set to stick with a 4-3-1-2 formation when they face Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League tonight.

Juve beat SPAL 2-0 with the tactic on Saturday, so Aaron Ramsey should remain in the hole behind the two strikers.

Cristiano Ronaldo will be one of them, but his partner is expected to be Gonzalo Higuain as opposed to Paulo Dybala.

Elsewhere, Blaise Matuidi will return to central midfield as Alex Sandro slots straight back in at left-back following the death of his grandmother.

Leverkusen, meanwhile,  will line up with young attacking midfielder Kai Havertz, who has been scouted by the Old Lady and Inter in the past.

Juventus (probable): Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey; Higuain, Ronaldo

Bayer Leverkusen (probable): Hradecky; L Bender, S Bender, Tah, Wendell; Aranguiz, Baumgartlinger; Havertz, Demirbay, Amiri; Volland

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       3-0    image.png         

Gonzalo Higuain 17'

Federico Bernardeschi 62'

Cristiano Ronaldo 89'

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

CL: Juve brush past Bayer Leverkusen

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144797/cl-juve-brush-past-bayer-leverkusen

Oct 1, 2019

Gonzalo Higuain scored one goal and created another for Federico Bernardeschi, while Cristiano Ronaldo scored late on to beat Bayer Leverkusen 3-0.

The Bianconeri benched Aaron Ramsey and Paulo Dybala for a return to the 4-3-3 formation, with Federico Bernardeschi. Alex Sandro returned from compassionate leave, but Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Douglas Costa and Giorgio Chiellini were injured. Bayer missed Karim Bellarabi and Leon Bailey, but also lost Lars Bender in the warm-up, so Mitchell Weiser stepped in to the right side of defence.

Miralem Pjanic’s magnificent ball send Juan Cuadrado down the right, but Gonzalo Higuain didn’t get there in time for the cross.

Pipita was in the right place soon after, though. Jonathan Tah intercepted Cuadrado’s ball over the top, but only knocked it up into the air. Higuain waited for it to come down, spun on the edge of the box, took a touch and rifled into the bottom corner, all with his right boot.

The Germans continued to keep possession for long periods, 58 per cent in the first half, but without creating genuine danger. Juve waited for their moment to pounce on errors and Higuain’s curler was palmed away by Lukas Hradecky.

Cuadrado has adapted very well to the right-back role, getting back to defend and block a Kevin Volland cross-shot.

Charles Aranguiz and Bernardeschi fired over, while Cristiano Ronaldo forced a save from the edge of the box on another Cuadrado assist.

Juventus did double their lead with a well-worked move. Higuain burst down the left, tried to pull it back from the by-line for Cristiano Ronaldo, but it squirmed past him and Bernardeschi had followed it up to fire in from 12 yards. It was the Italian’s first goal of the season and a real confidence booster.

This seemed to wake Juve up and Pjanic thumped the near post directly from the corner flag, then Hradecky’s first touch was so bad that he nearly scored an own goal.

Higuain almost provided his second assist of the game, pulling the ball across from the left for Cristiano Ronaldo to fire straight at the goalkeeper in another surprisingly poor finish by his standards.

The first real scoring opportunity Bayer Leverkusen had was on 78 minutes, as Wojciech Szczesny came rushing off his line and Paulinho got the lob away over the bar.

Jonathan Tah’s header from a corner also sailed off target, but Ronaldo finally got his name on the scoresheet at the fourth attempt with a precise angled drive after Rodrigo Bentancur and Paulo Dybala combined to thread through.

Juventus 3-0 Bayer Leverkusen

Higuain 17 (J), Bernardeschi 62 (J), Ronaldo 89 (J)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Bentancur 74), Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi (Ramsey 77), Higuain (Dybala 83), Cristiano Ronaldo

Bayer Leverkusen: Hradecky; Weiser, Tah, S Bender, Wendell; Havertz, Aranguiz (Sinkgraven 80), Baumgartlinger, Demirbay (Amiri 46); Volland, Alario (Paulinho 68)

Ref: Collum (SCO)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       3-0    image.png         

Gonzalo Higuain 17'

Cristiano Ronaldo 89'

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

Higuain: 'Wanted to prove myself'

215254244-f441fc8a-5135-4706-b5b3-7be7d6

https://www.football-italia.net/144799/higuain-wanted-prove-myself

Oct 1, 2019

Gonzalo Higuain “came here with great determination, as I wanted to prove I could stay” at Juventus, as he was crucial in the 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

The striker scored one goal, provided an assist for Federico Bernardeschi and had been substituted by the time Cristiano Ronaldo got the third.

“It was an important game after our draw in Madrid, so we knew we needed the victory to get closer to qualification,” Pipita told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think Juve showed great determination, I am happy for the game, for the goal and we have to continue like this.

“It’s always good to play in these games, to score even more so, now we can rest and prepare for the next match, which will be another battle to close on the top of the Serie A table.”

Higuain was asked if his rapport with Maurizio Sarri was behind his rebirth in the Juventus jersey after loan spells at Milan and Chelsea.

“I came here with great determination, I wanted to prove I could stay here and there’s a long season ahead.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png       3-0    image.png         

Gonzalo Higuain 17'

Cristiano Ronaldo 89'

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: 

Sarri: 'Juve defence improving'

215435396-8e4a6559-57ef-4595-b234-14f8c5

https://www.football-italia.net/144802/sarri-juve-defence-improving

Oct 1, 2019

Maurizio Sarri explained why he started Federico Bernardeschi against Bayer Leverkusen, praised Juan Cuadrado and Juventus defending.

The Bianconeri unusually left most of the possession to the Germans, but were never really at risk, as Gonzalo Higuain, Federico Bernardeschi and Cristiano Ronaldo got the goals for a 3-0 victory.

Juve had drawn their opener 2-2 away to Atletico Madrid, while Atleti today earned a 2-0 win at Lokomotiv Moscow.

“I liked the way Bernardeschi trained over the last few days, Aaron Ramsey needed a rest, and we knew his pace would be of use,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was difficult, as Bayer love possession and they are not easy to face, so they took a lot of energy out of us in the first half. After the break, they slowed down a little and we took control.

“Cuadrado is growing into the role of right-back and everyone benefited from that. Matthijs de Ligt is growing exponentially. The defence moved well, although we can do better, and Bayer kept possession, but did nothing in the final third.

“Cuadrado is defending and attacking in the right way, he never left us unbalanced. The only area where he can improve in this role is in one-on-one situations, as he goes to ground too easily and gets booked with unnecessary tackles. I am sure that working with Andrea Barzagli, he’ll improve on that too.”

There had been reports Sarri would start Paulo Dybala, Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo together.

“If I am sitting in a bar, it seems like a good idea to me too. If I am on the bench, then I have to take the balance of the side into consideration.

“If the team in future finds a great deal of balance, then we can try it, but right now that seems premature.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

inter-128x128.png   ..........    105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png    

..1677th Matchday

Sunday, october 6th 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT

Giuseppe Meazza Stadium - Milan
Referee: Gianluca Rocchi

Sarri: 'Juve quality, Inter are solid'

151125648-06200a30-0761-4e29-a467-04ca7e

https://www.football-italia.net/144932/sarri-juve-quality-inter-are-solid

Oct 5, 2019

Maurizio Sarri insists Juventus must “focus on quality” rather than determination and “the performance more than the result” against Inter. "It counts zero for the Scudetto race."

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT-20.45 CET), click here for a match preview.

The first question in the Press conference was about how he would convince Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain to deal with the duality in attack.

“I don’t need to convince players, I need to make decisions. It’s only fair that players are angry if they don’t play and I consider that a positive rather than a negative reaction.

“It is my job to make decisions, I can’t worry about how the players react. Their irritation might make your headlines, but I see it as a positive show of ambition.”

Inter have won all six Serie A games so far this season, so only two points separate them at the top of the table.

“We are up against a strong side, in good shape, as proved with their excellent performance against Barcelona. You cannot say one or the other is the favourite in a one-off match, especially as Inter-Juventus is one of those wonderful experiences that everyone wants to be a part of. It’ll be followed all over the world, so I can only see the positives.

“It’s a strong team, solid and when taking control of the game is dangerous, whereas out of possession they are good on the counter and defend well. I’ve seen a strong Inter play this season.”

Sarri had no time for comparisons with Inter boss – and the man who started the eight-season title winning streak at Juventus – Antonio Conte.

“Conte is one of the best Coaches in the world and proved himself all over. If you want to see tomorrow as Conte v Sarri rather than Inter v Juventus, then I don’t understand your approach.

“I’d say the importance of this game in the title race is close to zero. It’s too early, it makes little difference when there are another 31 rounds to go.

“It’s about the growth process of the team, more important to prove we can emerge from San Siro with a good performance and the mentality of a strong team. It’d be a huge error to think the table is decided at the start of October.

“We changed a few players, our style of football, and are up against an Inter side who have improved radically compared to previous seasons.

“Our focus is on raising the level of the performances, as that will make it easier for us to get results. We have to be concentrated on the performances and adapting to the different style of football. I have great desire to experience this fixture. It is a wide open match and any result is possible.

“We each evaluate a performance based on the kind of football we want to see. We intend to go there and play our football. People talk so much about desire, determination, hunger, but these are surely natural elements of a professional. I prefer to focus on quality and style.

“We’ll see if we are able to adapt to the situations and opponents that we face. I like to see teams with a very precise way of playing that they carry on with consistently.

“We know that a Coach has 100 different decisions to make in a day, so we inevitably get some wrong. The ability to keep errors to a minimum is a great quality for a Coach.

“The statistics show that Inter have the strongest defence in Serie A right now, both for the quality of the individuals, but also because the entire team is solid and works hard to defend as a team. They are a solid side.

“We’ll see which of our forwards are in the best shape and how best to attack Inter, but it certainly won’t be easy.”

Sarri was asked if a win or defeat in the Derby d’Italia would affect Juventus or Inter on a psychological level rather than purely in terms of the table?

“If a result at the start of October damages us psychologically, that means we are not ready to do great things.”

Federico Bernardeschi started as a trequartista against Bayer Leverkusen midweek, but Aaron Ramsey is expected back for the Inter game.

“Unfortunately, I struggled to use Bernardeschi in the role that best suits him. I think what he did against Bayer Leverkusen is most suited to him, he did well and has been improving in training too.

“Whether he plays tomorrow or not, I’d prefer to tell him in person rather than let him learn it from the media. That’s a form of respect that every Coach owes his players.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

..1677th Matchday   

Conte: 'Football is sport, not war'

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor antonio conte inter

https://www.football-italia.net/144934/conte-football-sport-not-war

Oct 5, 2019

Antonio Conte is not sure Romelu Lukaku will start for Inter, but sent a strong message to “stupid, vulgar” Juventus fans who want to cancel his legacy. “I’ve struggled with this since coming back to Italy.”

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT-20.45 CET), click here for a match preview.

“I expect a game between two sides who are currently at the top of the Serie A table,” said Conte in his Press conference.

“These are the teams who so far have done better than the others, but we are still only in Week 7. The real values of the clubs will emerge over time, which is why I always say we’ll work out our ambitions later on and see what role we can have in this campaign.

“What we can be sure of is that this is the Derby d’Italia, a big game that everyone wants to watch. We must have desire, enthusiasm and the courage to play this type of match.

“Every game is another step in the journey and the growth process, including the defeat at Barcelona, because we evaluate what we did right and what needs to change.”

It is the first time that Conte will face Juventus since he left the club in 2014 and he does it on the bench of their arch-rivals.

“We are up against a side that has set the standard in Serie A for many years and also done well in Europe. The credit goes to those who worked there over the years and created a real flagship team. They worked well and set the example for others, that is beyond doubt.”

Romelu Lukaku requires a fitness test after missing the 2-1 Champions League loss at Camp Nou, but Alexis Sanchez is suspended.

“I hope to be able to count on more players once the break for international duty arrives and we end this initial run of games. It is important for a side like Inter in Serie A, the Champions League and Coppa Italia to get everyone involved. Lukaku will play if he can give me the right guarantees on his fitness, otherwise someone else will start.

“We arrive for this match with the right enthusiasm after a good performance in Barcelona. We have radically changed this team from previous years and while everyone talks about the players who came in, they forget that those who left were pillars of the Inter squad.

“Many of our players are young and lacking experience in big games like this. They have to improve in terms of tactics, physicality and self-confidence. It’ll take time, but we are working day and night to get this car going at 200km/h. That you can be certain of.

“The term ‘winning’ is often bandied about and misused, but few know what it really means. I was asked to come here to bring a certain mentality and it’s a pleasure to work with these lads, regardless of the result.

“We have some very good players who with hard work can become top players. My job is to help every single player improve, because that will raise the level of the team and our ambitions going forward. That is fundamental.”

Conte was furious after the Barcelona defeat, complaining the referee had favoured the hosts, so does he fear the same situation against Juventus?

“Absolutely not. Let’s not get these things mixed up. I was the first to say after the Barcelona game that the refereeing decisions must not be seen as alibis. I was unhappy with the approach from the start, but if you think you’ll find an excuse from me, you are light years away.

“If Barcelona won, it’s because they did better. We made entirely avoidable errors and have to build on the positives from that game. The best always wins, regardless of the incidents.

“The problem at Camp Nou is that in the first half, we defended by moving forward, whereas in the second half we went backwards. That is something we need to work on, to keep pressure on the ball at all times.

“Juventus are accustomed to winning and have players in the squad who already have silverware, so the foundations are already there. Juve do not transform every year, they add. At the same time, the other teams did the opposite, which created a large gap behind the Bianconeri.

“We are just starting out, but the aim is to follow that journey.”

Conte was asked about the petition, signed by over 15,000 Juventus fans, to have his star removed from the Allianz Stadium Walk of Fame, a proposal already rejected by President Andrea Agnelli.

“I’m disappointed that he had to intervene, because it just gave publicity to a vulgar proposition. It gave room to a move that showed ignorance, lacking values and education. I didn’t even want to discuss this, but you in the media are giving a spotlight to these stupid and ignorant people,” replied Conte.

“Those are not fans, they are ignorant. I gave a message to the fans 10 days ago. We are fortunate to be involved in the best sport in the world and must set the example, pass on positive values and be enthusiastic about playing football. This is sport, not war. Sometimes people forget that.

“It is a sport that should reflect positive human values, not hate and violence. If that’s not the case, then I am the first to walk away. Nobody makes me work as a Coach.

“It’s increasingly difficult, because society nowadays highlights hatred and violence. I’ve honestly struggled since I came back to Italy from England. I see situations and wonder why I am even doing this.

“As long as my passion for this sport surpasses these issues, then I will continue. If my passion drops, I will be the first to say it’s time to call it quits. It won’t be a big loss for football, but it won’t be a loss for me either.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

..1677th Matchday   

Probable line-ups: Inter v Juventus

Gerelateerde afbeelding

https://www.football-italia.net/144960/probable-line-ups-inter-v-juventus

Oct 6, 2019

Romelu Lukaku requires a last-minute fitness test and there are doubts on the right wing for Inter, while Juventus rely on Aaron Ramsey, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain.

The Derby d’Italia kicks off at San Siro this evening at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

Antonio Conte faces his former club for the first time and defends his 100 per cent start to the Serie A season in this top of the table Scudetto showdown.

Alexis Sanchez is suspended, but the big question mark is on Lukaku, who missed the midweek 2-1 defeat to Barcelona with a muscular issue.

The Belgian is back in the squad today, but it remains to be seen if he’ll be passed fit to start.

If Lukaku is not available, then the only other alternative is Matteo Politano.

There is one other doubt for Conte, between Danilo D’Ambrosio and Antonio Candreva on the right wing of their 3-5-2 formation.

Diego Godin looks set to revive his decade-long duel with Cristiano Ronaldo, which stretches back through Atletico Madrid-Real Madrid and even Villarreal-Manchester United.

Ronaldo should again be partnered by Higuain rather than Paulo Dybala, with Ramsey returning in the trequartista role after he was rested for the midweek Champions League 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Sami Khedira and Blaise Matuidi don’t appear to be letting go of their places around Miralem Pjanic in midfield anytime soon, despite the frustration of Rodrigo Bentancur, Adrien Rabiot and Emre Can.

Maurizio Sarri has precious few choices available to him in defence, as Giorgio Chiellini, Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca and Douglas Costa are injured.

It means Juan Cuadrado at right-back again, a role he has been practicing for all summer, and Alex Sandro on the left.

Matthijs de Ligt is growing into his new Juve career alongside Leonardo Bonucci.

Wojciech Szczesny is expected to start in goal rather than Gianluigi Buffon.

Probable line-ups

Inter (3-5-2): Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar; D'Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; R Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez

Inter bench: Padelli, Ranocchia, Bastoni, Biraghi, Lazaro, Dimarco, Borja Valero, Gagliardini, Vecino, Candreva, Politano, Esposito

Juventus (4-3-1-2): Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey; Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Rugani, Demiral, Bentancur, Emre Can, Rabiot, Bernardeschi, Dybala

Ref: Rocchi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

..1677th Matchday   

Line-ups: Inter v Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144978/line-ups-inter-v-juventus

Oct 6, 2019

Romelu Lukaku has recovered to start with Lautaro Martinez, but Juventus surprise with Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi joining Cristiano Ronaldo.

This top of the table showdown kicks off at the packed San Siro at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

Antonio Conte faces his former club for the first time and he is protecting a 100 per cent start to the Serie A season with six wins out of six.

They are also yet to concede a goal on home turf in the League this term.

Romelu Lukaku missed the midweek 2-1 Champions League defeat to Barcelona with a muscular problem, but he has fully recovered and partners Lautaro Martinez upfront, especially as Alexis Sanchez is suspended.

Danilo D’Ambrosio gets the nod on the right wing rather than Antonio Candreva, but Kwadwo Asamoah is another ex-Juventus player on the left.

Diego Godin gets to revive his decade-long duel with Cristiano Ronaldo, which started at Villarreal v Manchester United, through Atletico Madrid-Real Madrid and last season’s Champions League.

However, the rest of the attack is full of surprises, as Maurizio Sarri starts Bernardeschi in the trequartista role, with Dybala rather than Gonzalo Higuain.

Aaron Ramsey had been widely expected to start after he was rested for the midweek Champions League 3-0 win over Bayer Leverkusen.

Sarri has precious few choices available to him in defence, as Giorgio Chiellini, Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca and Douglas Costa are injured.

It means Juan Cuadrado at right-back again, a role he has been practicing for all summer, and Alex Sandro on the left.

Inter: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar; D'Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi, Asamoah; R Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez

Inter bench: Padelli, Ranocchia, Dimarco, Bastoni, Gagliardini, Vecino, Lazaro, Borja Valero, Biraghi, Candreva, Politano, Esposito

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Buffon, Pinsoglio, Rugani, Demiral, Bentancur, Emre Can, Rabiot, Higuain, Ramsey

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

..1677th Matchday   

HT 1-1: Spectacular Inter-Juventus!

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/144984/ht-spectacular-inter-juventus

Oct 6, 2019

Inter and Juventus are 1-1 at half-time in a pulsating, spectacular Derby d’Italia, as Paulo Dybala’s opener was cancelled out by a Lautaro Martinez penalty.

This was the Derby d’Italia, a top of the table showdown, the first time Antonio Conte faced his former club and an early Scudetto clash.

Romelu Lukaku shook off a muscular problem to start, with Danilo D’Ambrosio picked instead of Antonio Candreva and Alexis Sanchez suspended. Juve missed Giorgio Chiellini, Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Douglas Costa and Marko Pjaca, but Maurizio Sarri surprised by choosing Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi instead of Gonzalo Higuain and Aaron Ramsey.

The visitors immediately had an aggressive start and took the lead within four minutes, as Dybala rushed forward from midfield and smashed his angled drive between Milan Skriniar’s legs to surprise Samir Handanovic.

Incredibly, this was the first time Inter had been trailing in Serie A this season, the first goal conceded at San Siro, the first let.

It was end to end from the get-go, as Cristiano Ronaldo unleashed a scorcher from the edge of the box that smashed against the crossbar.

Moments later Lautaro Martinez sent Lukaku one-on-one with Leonardo Bonucci, but the defender stood his ground.

Inter were awarded a penalty when Matthijs de Ligt went in clumsily to anticipate Lautaro Martinez and made contact with his arm. Lautaro stepped up and converted the resulting penalty, drilling it under Wojciech Szczesny’s arm at the near bottom corner.

Lautaro Martinez almost scored a spectacular strike from a tough angle, as the half-volley was dipping and Szczesny flew to palm it away from the far top corner.

Inter lost Stefano Sensi to a groin injury, making way for Matias Vecino. Juan Cuadrado’s almost suicidal back-pass flashed in front of Lautaro Martinez and Ronaldo’s rocket was beaten away with real difficulty by Handanovic.

Moments later, Ronaldo had the ball in the back of the net with a daisy-cutter, but Dybala was offside during the build-up and it was disallowed.

With the final kick of the half, Dybala went down in the box after nutmegging Godin, but the referee waved play on. A row broke out in the tunnel on the way off for half-time, with Dybala and substitute goalkeeper Daniele Padelli arguing.

Inter 1-1 Juventus (Half-Time)

Dybala 4 (J), Lautaro Martinez pen 18 (I)

Inter: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Skriniar; D'Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi (Vecino 33), Asamoah; R Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi; Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

inter-128x128.png               1-2  .......105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Paulo Dybala 4'   

Lautaro Martinez (penalty) 18' 

Gonzalo Higuaín 80'

..1677th Matchday   

Derby d'Italia turnaround at the top

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/142432

Oct 6, 2019

Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain allowed Juventus to conquer San Siro, end Inter’s perfect start and take the top of the table in a spectacular Derby d’Italia.

This was the first time Antonio Conte faced his former club and an early Scudetto clash, with Juve going in two points behind an Inter side that had won six out of six.

Romelu Lukaku shook off a muscular problem to start, with Danilo D’Ambrosio picked instead of Antonio Candreva and Alexis Sanchez suspended. Juve missed Giorgio Chiellini, Danilo, Mattia De Sciglio, Douglas Costa and Marko Pjaca, but Maurizio Sarri surprised by choosing Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi instead of Gonzalo Higuain and Aaron Ramsey.

The visitors immediately had an aggressive start and took the lead within four minutes, as Dybala rushed forward from midfield and smashed his angled drive between Milan Skriniar’s legs to surprise Samir Handanovic.

Incredibly, this was the first time Inter had been trailing in Serie A this season, the first goal conceded at San Siro, the first let.

It was end to end from the get-go, as Cristiano Ronaldo unleashed a scorcher from the edge of the box that smashed against the crossbar.

Moments later Lautaro Martinez sent Lukaku one-on-one with Leonardo Bonucci, but the defender stood his ground.

Inter were awarded a penalty when Matthijs de Ligt went in clumsily to anticipate Lautaro Martinez and made contact with his arm. Lautaro stepped up and converted the resulting penalty, drilling it under Wojciech Szczesny’s arm at the near bottom corner.

Lautaro Martinez almost scored a spectacular strike from a tough angle, as the half-volley was dipping and Szczesny flew to palm it away from the far top corner.

Inter lost Stefano Sensi to a groin injury, making way for Matias Vecino. Juan Cuadrado’s almost suicidal back-pass flashed in front of Lautaro Martinez and Ronaldo’s rocket was beaten away with real difficulty by Handanovic.

Moments later, Ronaldo had the ball in the back of the net with a daisy-cutter, but Dybala was offside during the build-up and it was disallowed.

With the final kick of the half, Dybala went down in the box after nutmegging Godin, but the referee waved play on. A row broke out in the tunnel on the way off for half-time, with Dybala and substitute goalkeeper Daniele Padelli arguing.

Handanovic caught a long-range Bernardeschi strike, then rushed off his line to put off Dybala, as Juve took control of the second half and Sensi’s absence was sorely felt.

Sarri wanted to go for the jugular, so introduced Higuain for Bernardeschi, using Pipita with Dybala and Ronaldo together, but it left Juve a little unbalanced.

De Ligt made a crucial tackle on Lukaku, then Lautaro Martinez rode two challenges before Alex Sandro’s eventual lunge.

Matias Vecino almost scored a bizarre goal on 69 minutes, as his shot took a huge deflection off De Ligt and bounced off the upright with Szczesny stranded.

Handanovic used his legs to parry a Ronaldo angled drive at the near post. Both sides had penalty appeals waved away, Lukaku for a shoulder-to-shoulder with Bonucci, Rodrigo Bentancur for a Brozovic tackle from behind.

The restoration of balance with the 4-3-1-2 formation worked for Juventus, as they restored their lead. Ronaldo and Bentancur exchanged quick passes to send Higuain through, he took a touch and rifled the right-foot finish low past Handanovic from 12 yards. It was the first real example of Sarriball we’ve seen from Juve this season in the build-up.

Szczesny rushed off his line to parry from Vecino, sent clear by an intelligent D’Ambrosio slide-rule pass, as Inter poured forward with a series of corners.

Inter: Handanovic; Godin (Bastoni 54), De Vrij, Skriniar; D'Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Sensi (Vecino 33), Asamoah; R Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez (Politano 78)

Juventus: Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira (Bentancur 61), Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi (Higuain 61); Dybala (Emre Can 71), Cristiano Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

INTER - JUVENTUS

inter-128x128.png               1-2  .......105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

Paulo Dybala 4'   

Lautaro Martinez (penalty) 18' 

Gonzalo Higuaín 80'

..1677th Matchday   

Sarri: 'Juve can do much more'

9ca285069285554adeae01642d98e3bf-91151-1

https://www.football-italia.net/144988/sarri-juve-can-do-much-more

Oct 6, 2019

Maurizio Sarri described where Juventus still need to improve and how he adapted his tactics to the players after a 2-1 victory over Inter.

The Bianconeri leapfrog Inter to the top of the table and are the only side still unbeaten in Serie A this season, as Paulo Dybala – a surprise starter – and substitute Gonzalo Higuain secured victory at San Siro, despite the temporary Lautaro Martinez equaliser from the penalty spot.

“Overtaking at the top means little right now. The most significant element is that we played well, with character and determination against a side that had won every game so far,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“We started well and had the right approach in a fiery atmosphere, so that’s a good sign.”

The winning goal scored by Higuain was a genuine example of Sarriball, with 24 quick passes in the build-up before Pipita’s finish.

“A team with quality can do that. When the passing becomes fluid, a goal and scoring opportunities arrive as a direct consequence of that.

“I think this team has already made important steps forward in its passing. What we need to work on is dominating the match, having territorial supremacy, pressing better and more, taking away any attacking initiative from the opposition so that we can spend our whole time in the opposition half.

“This squad is accustomed to defending much deeper, but they are adapting and we’ve seen definite improvements in that sense.

“I feel we can still improve a great deal more. It’s a gradual process, the team has strong individuals and so much strength in depth. It means at the moment we can get results, even if we are not playing at 100 per cent.”

Sarri had started with the 4-3-3 he made his trademark at Napoli and Chelsea, but moved to a 4-3-1-2 at Juventus – similar to the Empoli model.

“Maybe people thought I was dumb… They just had to pay attention. I started with a system at Empoli, then changed it completely. I went to Napoli with one system and transformed it for three years.

“I went to Chelsea and played what looked similar, but was in fact a completely different interpretation of it. You have to adapt your tactics to the characteristics of the players.”

Sarri did use Gonzalo Higuain, Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo together, but only for nine minutes at San Siro.

“At that moment, we were dominating the game and it would’ve been unjust in my view not to win, so we tried that out for a little while.

“However, I got the sensation from the touchline that the momentum was turning the other way, so I changed again.”

Matthijs de Ligt gave away the penalty with a handling offence and seemed to struggle today.

“De Ligt doesn’t speak Italian well yet, but he is adapting very quickly to our style of football, our type of defending and has enormous potential, but he is still adapting and that brings difficulties.

“Giorgio Chiellini’s injury forced us to rush the introduction of this lad and a more gradual process would probably have helped him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

large_blackwhitereadallover.com_full.195

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                   bologna-128x128.png

8th Matchday   

Saturday, october 19th 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Massimiliano Irrati

Sarri: Juventus must aim to get better and better

Manager’s comments as club football resumes after the international break

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sarri conferenza stampa juventus-bologna

https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2019/10/18/20920845/juventus-bologna-serie-a-preview-maurizio-sarri-comments-injury-update-danilo-ramsey-cuadrado

Oct 18, 2019

Juventus are back ahead in the Scudetto race after disposing of early upstarts Inter Milan just before the international break, and will look to consolidate that position this weekend at home against Bologna.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, manager Maurizio Sarri spoke about tomorrow’s opponents.

“I hope Sinisa Mihajlovic will be in his dugout tomorrow. It’d be a pleasure to see him again.

“I like what I’ve seen of Bologna so far: the statistics say they’ve recovered many balls, they shoot a lot on goal and concede only a few shots. They’re a very dangerous team to face.”

Sarri is unfazed by the Juve being top of the table.

“We’re not interested in the table at this stage, we must be aiming to get better and better.

“What happened at San Siro no longer matters. I want to see my players focused on a difficult match because the international break is always dangerous.

“It seems cliched, but removing a player from one context, that being the club, and putting them in another can create problems: it’s not easy to bounce from one style of play to another.

“I don’t know if the game against Inter changed anyone’s mind about us. Scepticism towards me is something I’ve always lived with, and I don’t mind it that much.”

The manager also provided an injury update for the squad after the international break, as well as talking tactics.

“During the week we got Danilo and Aaron Ramsey back. As for Douglas and Mattia De Sciglio, we have some comforting news from our medical staff, but they’re still training separately.

“I think this team should be ready for both 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2. The 4-3-1-2 isn’t a simple formation defensively speaking.

“Having said that, we’re doing well in that sense, even if we’re not yet perfect. Depending on the players we have available, we’ll choose between a No 10 and 4-3-3.

“As for Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala, I think they’re both best suited to play Bologna. Blaise Matuidi’s the archetypal, useful player on the pitch: he has extraordinary dynamism and physicality and he’s someone who understands situations and knows how to make himself available.

“Even with the return of Danilo, I’ll continue to coach Juan Cuadrado as a full-back. He has good acceleration and qualities to fulfil the role well, even if he must still improve defensively in an individual sense.

“I’ve preferred to give my defence continuity. I know Daniele Rugani well, he has great potential and one of my objectives this season is recovering him.”

Is there any future for Mario Mandzukic?

“He isn’t training with us due to an agreement he has with the club. I’m open to anything in the event something changes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

8th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

JUVENTUS VS BOLOGNA PREVIEW: PROBABLE LINEUPS,

PREDICTION, TACTICS, TEAM NEWS & KEY STATS

Juventus will be hoping to strengthen their hold at the top of the Serie A table when they welcome Bologna to the Allianz Stadium on Saturday night.

juventus-bologna formazioni 2019-2020

http://www.thehardtackle.com/round-up/2019/10/19/juventus-vs-bologna-preview-probable-lineups-prediction-tactics-team-news-key-stats/

Oct 19, 2019

The 2019-20 Serie A returns to action after a two-week hiatus due to the international break and reigning champions Juventus will be hoping to extend their unbeaten start to the season when they take on Bologna at the Allianz Stadium on Saturday.

Juventus moved to the top of the table after they defeated challengers Inter Milan 2-1 in their last game prior to the international break, opening up a one-point lead. The Bianconeri are unbeaten in their seven games so far and have accumulated 19 points from their 7 games (W6 D1). Manager Maurizio Sarri will be hoping that his side widen the gap at the top with a win on Saturday.

Bologna find themselves in 11th place, with 9 points from 7 matches so far this season (W2 D3 L2). The Rossoblu are have not picked up a win in their last four outings (D2 L2), with their latest Serie A clash ending in a 2-2 draw against Lazio. Manager Sinisa Mihajlovic, who is battling leukemia, will be hoping that his team are able to turn the tides around against the champions.

Juventus and Bologna battled each other thrice last season, twice in the league and once in Coppa Italia, with the Bianconeri winning all three encounters. And ahead of the latest meeting between them, we at The Hard Tackle take a closer look at both the teams.

Team News & Tactics

Juventus

Juventus will continue to be without the services of Douglas Costa and Mattia De Sciglio for the game against Bologna, while Giorgio Chiellini remains sidelined. However, manager Sarri has welcomed back Aaron Ramsey and Danilo into his squad after the duo missed the last game with minor injuries.

Sarri has alternated between 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2 formations since taking over at Juventus. Having used the latter setup more frequently of late, he is expected to stick with it this weekend. Wojciech Szczesny should get the nod in goal ahead of Gianluigi Buffon for the hosts.

In defence, the returning Danilo is expected to return to the right-back slot replacing Juan Cuadrado, while Alex Sandro should continue on the opposite side. Leonardo Bonucci and Matthijs de Ligt should pair up at the heart of the Juventus defence.

Bosnian international Miralem Pjanic will slot in the deepest position in midfield for the Bianconeri and look to dictate play, while Blaise Matuidi and Sami Khedira will provide the legs on either side of him. Summer signing Aaron Ramsey should slot in the hole behind the two strikers and look to create chances for the hosts.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala are the options at Sarri’s disposal for the two spots in attack. The manager hinted that the Argentine duo, who both scored in the win against Inter, will take the field on Saturday night.

Probable Lineup (4-3-1-2): Szczesny; Danilo, Bonucci, de Ligt, Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Matuidi; Ramsey; Dybala, Higuain

5652302056652800.png

Bologna

Takehiro Tomiyasu, Mattia Destro and Mitchell Dijks are ruled out with injuries for Bologna, while Gary Medel is out with a suspension. There is some good news though, as Roberto Soriano is available for selection after serving his suspension.

Manager Sinisa Mihajlovic will set his team up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with the players likely to be instructed to sit deep and defend and hit Juventus on the counter. Lukasz Skorupski is likely to be a busy man in the Bologna goal. He will be shielded by a back four of Ibrahima Mbaye, Danilo, Stefano Denswil and Ladislav Krejci.

The two-man midfield pivot for the visitors will comprise of Andrea Poli and Blerim Dzemaili, while the returning Roberto Soriano should take up the No. 10 slot against the reigning champions. Flanking him on either side should be youngster Riccardo Orsolini, who joined Bologna from Juventus this past summer, and Nicola Sansone.

Experienced striker Rodrigo Palacio will lead the line for the Rossoblu at the Allianz Stadium on Saturday.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Skorupski, Mbaye, Danilo, Denswil, Krejci; Poli, Dzemaili; Orsolini, Soriano, Sansone; Palacio

5131513146376192.png

Key Stats

• Juventus have only lost one of their 31 Serie A meetings against Bologna in the 21st century (W22 D8) – a 0-2 defeat in February 2011.
  • Bologna have only won one of their last eight Serie A away games (D4 L3), after having won two of the previous four (L2).
  • Juventus are unbeaten in their last 24 Serie A home games, the longest current run among the teams in the league this season.
  • Bologna have earned just two points from their last four matches – they last failed to win in five games in a row in January 2019.
  • Maurizio Sarri has won seven of his first nine games in charge of Juventus in all competitions (D2); among all Juventus managers since the start of a season, only Carlo Carcano in 1930 and Rino Marchesi in 1986 won more of their first nine with the club (eight).

Player to Watch

Paulo Dybala

Getting back to his best? (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)

After a difficult season last time out, the Argentine attacker is looking like he has regained some confidence in the new campaign. So far in the 2019-20 term, Dybala has scored once in five league matches – in the crucial win against Inter Milan before the international break – and has two assists to his name as well.

The 25-year-old has scored six Serie A goals against Bologna for Juventus. Since joining the Bianconeri, against no other side has Dybala scored more goals in the top-flight and he will be hoping to continue in the same vein of form against the Rossoblu and lead Juventus to another victory on Saturday.

Prediction

Juventus 2-0 Bologna

Juventus are unbeaten this season across all competitions and have won all of their last five matches. Bologna, in contrast, come into the game on the back of a four-game winless run. The Bianconeri have a brilliant record against their opponents this weekend and considering the Rossoblu’s indifferent form, Juve should pick up an easy win at the Allianz Stadium on Sunday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

8th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Danilo in, Ramsey out for Juve

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145402/danilo-ramsey-out-juve

Oct 19, 2019

Danilo is back in the Juventus squad for this evening’s game with Bologna, but Aaron Ramsey and Douglas Costa are still out.

It kicks off at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT - 20.45 CET), click here for a match preview.

The Bianconeri welcome Danilo back to the side after his muscular problems, but he is the only returning figure.

Douglas Costa, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca, Mattia Perin and long-term absentee Giorgio Chiellini are still unavailable.

Ramsey has also not been included in the squad, as he failed two fitness tests while on international duty with Wales.

Despite the collapse of his transfer to Qatar, there is again no room for Mario Mandzukic.

Juventus squad for Bologna: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, Buffon; De Ligt, Alex Sandro, Danilo, Bonucci, Rugani, Demiral; Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi, Emre Can, Rabiot, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Cuadrado, Higuain, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

8th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Bologna

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145417/line-ups-juventus-v-bologna

Oct 19, 2019

Serie A leaders Juventus start Adrien Rabiot, Gonzalo Higuain and Federico Bernardeschi against an attack-minded Bologna with Rodrigo Palacio.

It kicks off at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT - 20.45 CET).

The Bianconeri are still unbeaten in all competition this season and recaptured the top spot in Serie A thanks to their 2-1 victory away to previous leaders Inter.

Aaron Ramsey, Douglas Costa, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca, Mario Mandzukic and Giorgio Chiellini are still out of action.

Danilo is available again, but not risked from the start, as Juan Cuadrado is at right-back.

The surprises are that Adrien Rabiot gets a rare start for Blaise Matuidi, while Bernardeschi is the ‘trequartista’ behind Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Bologna have lost their way in recent weeks, perhaps because the strain of having Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic absent during his leukaemia treatment is taking its toll.

Mihajlovic has just finished the second course of chemotherapy and was able to oversee his first training session on Thursday, travelling with the squad to Turin.

He is very good friends with Maurizio Sarri and has been for years, ever since the Italian was on the Empoli bench.

They have just two points from the last four rounds and will be without experienced midfielder Gary Medel for a month after his injury on international duty for Chile.

Takeshiro Tomiyasu, Mitchell Dijks and Mattia Destro are also on the treatment table.

Mattia Bani is again preferred to Stefano Denswil in defence, while Riccardo Orsolini, Nicola Soriano and Roberto Soriano fan out behind Rodrigo Palacio.

Bologna have won only one of their 31 Serie A games against Juventus played in the 21st Century, 2-0 away in February 2011, along with eight draws and 22 defeats.

Juventus: Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Bernardeschi; Higuain, Ronaldo

Bologna: Skorupski; Mbaye, Danilo, Bani, Krejci; Poli, Svanberg; Orsolini, Soriano, Sansone; Palacio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

Home

image.jpeg

JUVENTUS - BOLOGNA

8th Matchday   

Allianz Stadium - Turin

HT 1-1: Bologna bite back at Juventus

Immagine

https://www.football-italia.net/145420/ht-bologna-bite-back-juventus

Oct 19, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo saw his opener cancelled out by a Danilo scorcher, as Bologna are holding Juventus 1-1 at the break in Turin.

The Bianconeri recaptured top spot with their 2-1 win away to Inter, but Aaron Ramsey, Douglas Costa, Mattia De Sciglio, Marko Pjaca, Giorgio Chiellini and Mario Mandzukic were still absent, so Adrien Rabiot got a rare start in place of Blaise Matuidi. Bologna had two points from their last four games, missing Gary Medel, Takeshiro Tomiyasu, Mitchell Dijks and Mattia Destro, but the most important news was Sinisa Mihajlovic’s presence after his second course of chemotherapy.

Bologna had beaten Juve only once in 31 Serie A games during the 21st Century, 2-0 in Turin in February 2011, along with eight draws and 22 defeats.

A desperate defensive block stopped Rabiot finishing a Sarriball high-speed passing move, then Gonzalo Higuain tested Lukasz Skorupski with a chest-and-volley off the outside of the boot.

Juve played out from the back with Alex Sandro and Rabiot, then Cristiano Ronaldo shimmied to send Danilo to ground and drilled a ferocious low finish into the near bottom corner to give Juventus the lead. He had been presented with a special jersey before kick-off for his 700 career goals, which was now 701.

Bologna fought back, but Nicola Sansone’s overhead kick didn’t make the most of a Riccardo Orsolini floated cross. They did get the equaliser in real style, as Ibrahima Mbaye knocked down a cross for defender Danilo, whose chest and volley from a tricky angle flew across Gigi Buffon into the far top corner.

It remained surprisingly open, as Rodrigo Palacio’s cross found Orsolini in the box, the volley charged down by Matthijs de Ligt, while Miralem Pjanic’s free kick was over the bar.

Juventus 1-1 Bologna (Half-Time)

Ronaldo 19 (J), Danilo 26 (B)

Juventus: Buffon; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Alex Sandro; Khedira, Pjanic, Rabiot; Bernardeschi; Higuain, Ronaldo

Bologna: Skorupski; Mbaye, Danilo, Bani, Krejci; Poli, Svanberg; Orsolini, Soriano, Sansone; Palacio

Ref: Irrati

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...