Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus want to avoid Bayern

The defender has acknowledged the quality of the Bundesliga side,
who put seven goals past Shakhtar Donetsk in the second leg of their last-16 tie.

Mar 19, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini has admitted he hopes Juventus avoid Bayern Munich in Friday's Champions League quarter-final draw.

The Serie A champions booked their place in the last eight on Wednesday with a comprehensive 3-0 victory at Borussia Dortmund to secure a 5-1 aggregate win.

It is the second time in three seasons Juve have made the quarter-finals, but they have not progressed beyond that stage since 2002-03.

They join Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Monaco, Porto, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich in the last eight, and it is the Bundesliga champions who Chiellini fears most.

"If I can, I would avoid Bayern," the 30-year-old centre-back told reporters. "But we will still watch the draw with great emotion."

Bianconeri team-mate Leonardo Bonucci, on the other hand, is adamant Massimiliano Allegri's men would be happy facing any one of those seven sides.

"There are still lots of matches to play and this is where the Champions League starts to get interesting," the defender said.

"We're through to the quarters and we'll head into them with a bounce in our step, fearing no one.

"Whoever we get drawn against is going to be tough but we know we'll be a hard team to beat as well."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'No more controversy'

Mar 28, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini made an appeal to media and Juventus to “surround the Nazionale with positivity and not stir up trouble.”

The defender spoke to Rai Sport after a 2-2 draw in Bulgaria, which saw Italy take an early lead, go 2-1 down before the break and snatch a late equaliser through Eder.

“We started so well, but then made mistakes, as we knew that counter-attacks were their greatest strengths and we lost two balls to concede two goals in quick succession,” said Chiellini.

“I think we showed grit and determination. It’s true we scored late, but we had the chances to get goals much earlier.

“Italy have never won in Bulgaria. We were a little naive to concede those two goals and it turned into an uphill struggle, but this side has ideas, fought hard and tried to the end. We were so close to celebrating what would’ve been a deserved victory.

“It was a great sign from players like Marco Verratti, Andrea Bertolacci and Eder, who seemed like they had been in the Azzurri for years.

“We would’ve liked to celebrate a win and get closer to qualification, but we do get some interesting ideas from this game.”

Naturally, he had to be asked about the furious row between Juventus and Antonio Conte, which even saw some fans make death threats.

“It was a tormented build-up. This Coach and this team does not deserve to be treated like this. I would like everyone to help this Nazionale grow and nurture it, not constantly stir up controversy.

“I was fortunate enough to be a part of this Italy squad, we are starting a new era with a generational shift. If you look at the line-up tonight compared to our last trip to Bulgaria two years ago, you’ll see the difference.

“In order to grow together we need help from everyone to look after the side and not try to cause trouble.

“Conte has been able to change the inertia of Juventus after two negative years and made history, but he too needs help from the outside.

“Now we hope to find a lot of enthusiasm in Turin on Tuesday against England and I send an appeal to the media that this Nazionale needs to grow surrounded by positivity and not negativity.”

Conte will be in the belly of the beast on Tuesday, as Italy host England in the Juventus Stadium.

“Let’s all appeal that any ‘afters’ from the last few years be put aside for the common good of Italian football.

“In club football we have seen improvements already and it’s an important step that we can get closer to England in the rankings for next year.

“Now this Nazionale represents the country and ought to be treated as such. I am sure the welcome will be good in Turin. We can’t wait to get out there.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve have unique opportunity'

Apr 24, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes his side have a chance to make history when they face Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-finals.

The two teams were drawn against each other in Friday morning’s draw to set up a repeat of the epic clash in 2003, which the Old Lady win 4-3 over two legs.

“We have a unique opportunity and we must meet it with great enthusiasm – ourselves and our fans,” Chiellini said to Juventus TV.

“Of course it will be difficult, we’re facing the defending champions and a team full of superstars, but we can pose them problems.

“We will have to give two great performances. We’ve improved as a team, individually and in terms of our awareness.

“There is a great level of trust and we will give our all in these matches. I think that the games we played last year in the Europa League and this year in the knockout stages have given us bags of important experience that we will use against Madrid.”

Despite the excitement of the forthcoming Champions League clash, the Italian international remains focused on Sunday’s Derby della Mole.

“We must block out the euphoria of the Champions League and only think about the derby, a passionate and difficult match which we will have to be mentally prepared for,” he said.

“Physically, I’m sure that we’re ready but we must strengthen ourselves to give our best on Sunday afternoon, because we will need to play a great all-round game to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Suarez bite in the past, says Chiellini

The Juventus defender has downplayed suggestions the two are set
to renew a personal rivalry in the Champions League final next month.

May 15, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has downplayed suggestions the rivalry between him and Luiz Suarez will be reignited in the Champions League final.

It will be the first time to two pair off since last year's World Cup, when Suarez bit Chiellini during Uruguay’s 1-0 group-stage victory over Italy in Natal.

But Chiellini says both players have moved on from the incident that left Suarez with a four-month ban from the game.

"I'll face Suarez as a great striker and nothing more, just as I did with all the others: [Cristiano] Ronaldo, [Gareth] Bale, [Karim] Benzema, Chicharito," Chiellini told Tuttosport .

"Episodes like that in the summer help you mature, for both sides. Even on his part I think there is nothing other than the desire to win the Champions League."

Italian champions Juventus booked a showdown with Barcelona at the showpiece in Berlin on June 6 thanks to a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid on Wednesday that saw them progress 3-2 aggregate.

The clash will also see former Liverpool striker Suarez go up against Patrice Evra, a player Suarez was found guilty of racially abusing by the English Football Association during a 2011 Premier League game.

Former Juventus defender and Uruguay international Paulo Montero says Suarez should relish the chance to impress against both players.

"For Suarez there will be a motivation to face Evra and Chiellini again," he told AS .

"It's his chance, I would suggest, to be cheeky – to lift the cup right in their faces.

"With the way that Suarez is playing, Evra and Chiellini should be very worried."

Suarez has hit 24 goals in 41 appearances, including 6 in 9 Champions League games, since joining Barcelona last summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: I'll mark Suarez like I did Ronaldo

The Juventus defender insists that he is over the Uruguayan's bite
on his shoulder last summer and is only thinking about winning the treble.

May 20, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini says he will not pay Luis Suarez any special attention in next month's Champions League final.

The Barcelona attacker and the Bianconeri centre-back are set to meet for the first time since the Uruguayan received a four-month ban for biting the 30-year-old Italian during a World Cup group match last summer.

Chiellini insists that the incident is firmly in the past and says he will not treat Suarez any differently to Real Madrid trio Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale, whom he helped successfully nullify in the last four of the Champions League.

"It has been a week since we knocked out Real Madrid and people only ask me about Suarez," he told reporters.

"I bear no grudges. I have no problem with him. I will mark him the way I did Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale or any other striker, so there's nothing different about it.

"The only thing that disappointed me that time was going out of the World Cup."

Chiellini added that nothing was more important than the match against Barcelona on June 6: "It's a special game. It's been far too long since we won the European Cup."

Before their meeting in Berlin, Juventus face Lazio in the Coppa Italia final on Wednesday and the former Fiorentina man is hoping to complete a domestic double before switching his attention to Barca.

"It’s a special final because Juventus haven’t won this trophy for a long time," he stated. "I’ve been here for 10 years and in all this time we’ve got to just one Coppa Italia final and the fact we lost it still rankles.

"Winning this one is really important to us and our thoughts are exclusively on the game.

"Our strength has always been our ability to take things one game at a time. We’ll focus on tomorrow’s game and try to win, then we’ll shift our attentions to the match on June 6, but there’s still a long way to go before you can talk about a possible treble.

"What’s important is maintaining our will to win and celebrate, because that’s been the driving force behind our success over these past few years.

"We’ve done well to not rest on our laurels and that’s been our strength in recent seasons."

Chiellini did, however, warn his team-mates that Lazio's Felipe Anderson can hurt their chances of success at the Stadio Olimpico.

"Felipe Anderson’s got a good engine, pace, skill, passing ability and a decent shot on him," he added.

"He’s put in consistent displays and his explosion on to the scene has enabled Lazio to make an important step up."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'How to stop Barcelona'

Apr 27, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini believes he and Juventus have the key to stopping the Barcelona strikers. “You can’t man-mark them.”

The Champions League Final in Berlin on June 6 is largely seen as a showdown between Leo Messi, Neymar and Luis Suarez on one side, the Bianconeri defence on the other.

“There is no such thing as man-marking Messi, Neymar or Suarez. The only way to stop them is working as a team,” Chiellini told Premium Sport.

“They might seem unstoppable, but we will study the game very carefully. Those three are not the only players to watch out for, but a great team is what puts forwards in a condition to really hurt opponents.

“At the end of the day, with our qualities we can limit their influence on the match. This Juve is a really tough side to beat for anyone.

“After Real Madrid there was this race to buy a ticket for Berlin and I am sure there will be thousands of fans outside the stadium, even without a ticket, just wanting to experience the atmosphere of that day and be close to us.”

Juve are in the running for a Treble, as they already won the Scudetto and Coppa Italia.

“Since the start of the year fans have been asking us to win the Champions League, even snubbing Serie A. In my view that’s a mistake.

“It is true though that the Champions League puts you face to face with something special, the best players in the world and a unique atmosphere.

“That tournament gives you sensations and emotions that other games simply cannot provide. Since childhood you’ve heard that famous theme tune and the first few times you hear it up close, it gives you an incredible burst of adrenaline.

“By now it has become a battle cry.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Chiellini Rules Out Move To Arsenal

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/07/juventus-defender-rules-out-move-to-arsenal/?

Jul 22, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has ruled out a move to English Premier League side Arsenal.

The Gunners have reportedly shown interest in the Italian international recently, but Chiellini has said the London-based outfit stand no chance of luring him away from Italy as he wants to remain in Serie A for the foreseeable future.

“The Premier League is fascinating, but I’m fine where I am,” the 30-year-old told eFanswer.

“If I had to have an experience abroad I would prefer to go to a completely different part of the world, perhaps the United States.”

Chiellini has been at Juventus for ten years and is a vital cog in Massimiliano Allegri’s squad.

He has won four Serie A titles and a Coppa Italia trophy in his 367 appearances for the Bianconeri, in which he has also managed to score 29 times.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Juventus more hungry’

http://www.football-italia.net/69770/chiellini-%E2%80%98juventus-more-hungry%E2%80%99?

Jul 27, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes the Old Lady are ‘more hungry’ than their rivals, but anticipates a difficult Serie A campaign.

The Bianconeri recorded their fourth consecutive Scudetto last season, as well as winning the Coppa Italia, but Chiellini believes the teams around them have vastly improved now.

“Everyone has spent so much and the market isn’t finished yet,” the Italy international said to Tuttosport.

“I still expect something more from Roma and Napoli.

“The Milan clubs, after two really bad years, are spending right left and centre, and they will challenge.

“After four consecutive Scudetti it’s normal for this to happen. For us it will be even more difficult to win the fifth title, the history of football says so.

“We want to show everyone that we are the strongest this year as well.

“If one achieves certain results, it means that it's in the DNA. The feeling you get is only to win and it motivates you.

“The others have improved, but they don’t have our hunger. We’re ready to demonstrate that already in the Supercoppa.

“Tevez’s goals? Pogba will make them. Don’t worry, we have guaranteed goals: Morata, Mandzukic, Dybala and Paul will make it happen.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus can cope without Pirlo,
Tevez & Vidal, insists Chiellini

The Italy international is unconcerned about the departure of key figures
and believes the Bianconeri have signed some fine replacements.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2015/07/27/13922412/-?

Jul 27, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini is confident Juventus can cope without the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Carlos Tevez and feels the Serie A champions have held onto their best players.

Pirlo, Tevez and Vidal played a key role in Juventus' recent successes, but all opted to move on ahead of the 2015-16 campaign.

Nevertheless, Chiellini has little doubt new arrivals such as Sami Khedira, Mario Mandzukic and Paulo Dybala will prove to be more than adequate replacements.

"There will be a few more new arrivals. Either way, the strongest players remain at Juventus. With all due respect toward the others," Chiellini told Corriere dello Sport.

"The players who left gave Juventus a lot, but their replacements will do well. Mandzukic and Khedira are born leaders and have already shown this week that they will become important.

"The younger players will also help the older ones. Their presence will increase the intensity and the level of the team.

"The core of this Juventus is still there. And players like Khedira and Mandzukic can perform right away.

"This will not be a start from zero for Juventus. The structure is still there. Plus we have great youngsters like Dybala."

Apart from Khedira, Mandzukic and Dybala, Juventus have also brought in Simone Zaza from Sassuolo, Guido Vadala from Boca Juniors and Neto from Fiorentina, while Daniele Rugani has returned from his loan spell with Empoli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini out for three weeks

http://www.football-italia.net/70318/chiellini-out-three-weeks?

Jul 30, 2015

As feared, Giorgio Chiellini is also out of the Italian Super Cup between Juventus and Lazio due to injury.

The defender limped off during the opening stages of their 2-1 friendly win over Lechia Gdansk on Wednesday.

Today tests confirmed a first degree lesion to his right thigh.

Juve medical staff estimate he will be out of action for around 20 days.

That means Chiellini misses the Italian Super Cup against Lazio in Shanghai on August 8.

Andrea Barzagli has already been ruled out for three weeks with a muscular problem.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini ruled out of Supercoppa

The Italy international will be sidelined for 20 days with a thigh
problem suffered in Wednesday's pre-season meeting with Lechia Gdansk.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2015/07/30/14027022/-?

Jul 30, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has been ruled out of the Supercoppa Italiana clash with Lazio on August 8 through injury.

The Italy international, who missed the Champions League final in May with a calf problem, hobbled off just eight minutes into the Bianconeri's friendly win over Lechia Gdansk on Wednesday.

Juve have now confirmed that the versatile centre-half will miss the trip to Shanghai and faces a race against time to be match fit for the Old Lady's Serie A opener against Udinese on August 23.

"Giorgio Chiellini did not take part in training [on Thursday], having left the field during the game against Legia after just a few minutes of play," read a statement on the Italian champions' official website.

"The exams that he underwent today have shown a grade one lesion on the rectus femoris on his right thigh.

"The defender is expected to be out for around 20 days."

Chiellini's absence represents a selection headache for Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri, given centre-half Andrea Barzagli will also miss the Supercoppa with a thigh problem.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini out 20 days,
will miss Italian Super Cup vs. Lazio

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2015/7/30/9075715/juventus-giorgio-chiellini-injury-italian-super-cup-2015

Jul 30, 2015

While we've seen Juventus' midfield and attack take on a much different look than the season prior, the same can't be said about the best defense in Serie A. Outside of a few minor departures and one of Italy's most talented prospects coming back to base, the names are essentially the same.

Except those names are now being hampered by injuries. Aren't these kinds of posts just wonderful? (Don't answer that.)

Giorgio Chiellini will miss the next three weeks — and the Italian Super Cup to boot — after suffering a thigh injury early in the first half of Juventus' 2-1 friendly victory over Lechia Gdansk. I'd tell you more about the diagnosis, but I'm not a doctor, so let's just read the official word. From juventus.com:

After a morning of gym work and physical exercises on Vinovo's training pitches, Massimiliano Allegri's men followed their usual routine of shifting to a tactical workout with the ball in the afternoon.

One player unable to take part in training today was Giorgio Chiellini. After leaving the pitch early in the first half of Wednesday evening's 2-1 victory against Lechia Gdansk, the defender underwent medical examinations which revealed a first grade tear of the rectus femoris in his right thigh.

Chiellini is expected to return to competitive action in approximately 20 days, thus ruling him out of the Super Cup in Shanghai on Saturday 8 August.

Well, that's just grand. First Andrea Barzagli is ruled out for three weeks, now Chiellini has to deal with the same kind of injury timetable.

So, let's just go ahead and try to recap everything here: Juventus sees one of its starting center backs in Chiellini suffer an injury in the second preseason friendly of the summer. But, before that, the man who would have almost certainly replaced Chiellini in the starting lineup over the course of that absence, Barzagli, suffer the same kind of injury in Juve's first friendly a few days earlier.

We wanted to see Daniele Rugani, and we're going to now.

Just about two weeks into preseason training and Juventus are down to three center backs. We know Leonardo Bonucci and his new contract will start if he's healthy, but the same can't be said for his other two Italian internationals. That 3-5-2 Allegri rolled out on Wednesday, that might not be an option for the time being. It's just Rugani and Martin Cáceres in terms of players who are available in the center of defense for the next three weeks. That's ... not how I envisioned things going as the 2015-16 opened up. Not by a long shot.

Maybe we should just put Bonucci, Rugani and Cáceres in some bubble wrap for the time being. That could be a somewhat logical option based on how things are going injury-wise this week. Stupid, stupid injuries.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Chiellini Rejoins Juventus Training

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2015/08/centre-back-rejoins-juventus-training/?

Aug 19, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini has rejoined his Juventus teammates in training this morning, after three weeks on the sidelines.

The 31-year-old defender was reduced to a limited pre-season after injuring his thigh in the Bianconeri’s friendly match against Polish side Lechia Gdansk.

The injury occurred on July 29, and forced Chiellini to miss 20 days of action, including his team’s Supercoppa Italiana win over Lazio.

Juventus, through their official website, announced that Chiellini had returned to the side after completing training this morning.

Claudio Marchisio however, did not take part in the morning session after also suffering an injury to his right thigh.

Chiellini is expected to make a return this week in Juventus’ season opener, while Marchisio is likely to miss three weeks.

The Old Lady kick their campaign off against Udinese on Sunday night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus desperate to catch Inter

The Old Lady defender wants to catch Roberto Mancini's side and regain
the Scudetto after the first league victory of the season on Sunday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2015/09/21/15568182/-?

Sep 21, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has indicated that the reigning Serie A champions remain confident they can successfully defend their league title.

Massimiliano Allegri's men have struggled to get going in 2015-16 and Sunday's 2-0 win over Genoa was only their first league victory of the season.

Juventus have already fallen eight points behind leaders Inter in the Serie A table, but Chiellini is determined to keep fighting until the very end.

"This win will add to our growing confidence and we'll see where we are come May," Chiellini told the official Juventus website.

"Inter lead the way at the moment but the league doesn't finish in September.

"That tenacious streak has never left this side, it's still there for all to see.

"We'll take each game as it comes. After this week we have plenty of belief going forward for the rest of the campaign."

Juventus already recorded a 2-1 Champions League win over Manchester City in midweek and Chiellini was pleased to see them build on that win versus Genoa.

"Before Tuesday, we knew that a good start in the Champions League would get us going and rekindle that spark that was lacking in our first three league games," he said.

"We've come to what is a very difficult place to play against a typically fired-up Genoa side and left with an important three points. We read the game well and grew into it after the first goal."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve can win Scudetto'

http://www.football-italia.net/75646/chiellini-juve-can-win-scudetto?

Nov 11, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini is confident “Juventus can still win a fifth consecutive Scudetto” and doubts Andrea Pirlo will join Inter.

The defender is on international duty for Italy’s friendlies against Belgium and Romania.

“I think this Italy squad has everything it takes to become great. The first two years with Cesare Prandelli were very positive thanks to a fine group.

“Unfortunately, some mistakes were made and with great regret the World Cup in 2014 was not up to standard.

“I believe that Pirlo will come back to the Nazionale eventually although, as with others, we’re going to have to get used to him leaving sooner or later,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

There have been reports the New York City FC midfielder will come to Inter on loan during the MLS close season.

“I really can’t see Andrea at Inter.”

Juve had a disastrous start to the season, but have clambered back up into seventh place.

“John Elkann is right to say Juventus can still win the fifth consecutive Scudetto. He said it to fire up the team after a difficult start, but we are improving and we can do it.

“There are many reasons for the difficulties we had this term, but we’re trying to get a handle on the situation with self-criticism.

“The problem is global, as we concede too many goals, but also don’t score enough. We have to correct the mistakes and get things back in balance.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Pirlo won't join Inter

The Juventus defender cannot envisage his former team-mate returning to Serie A
with the Nerazzurri, despite recent reports linking him with a move.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2015/11/12/17248002/-?

Nov 12, 2015

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini does not believe Andrea Pirlo will return to Italy to join Inter this season, and maintains that the midfielder's international career is not necessarily over.

The 36-year-old was left out of Antonio Conte's squad for this month's friendlies with Belgium and Romania due to a lack of playing time, having not featured for New York City since October 25.

With Pirlo's maiden MLS campaign over and his international future seemingly in doubt, rumours had surfaced regarding a potential spell at Inter ahead of Euro 2016 in June.

But Chiellini says he cannot imagine his former Juve team-mate will make the move.

"I really can't see Andrea at Inter," he told Rai Sport.

"I believe that Pirlo will come back to the national team eventually although, as with others, we're going to have to get used to him leaving sooner or later.

"Certainly I think the same Juve general manager Giuseppe Marotta: I do not see Andrea at Inter."

Italy qualified for Euro 2016 top of Group H without a defeat in 10 matches and, going into Friday's friendly against the world's top ranked side in Brussels, Chiellini is happy with the way the team has developed under Antonio Conte.

"This team has had a steady growth and it was important to achieve the qualification without too much difficulty," he added.

"We know we can do well, we are experimenting with new solutions and we feel stronger than before.

"In Belgium it will be a key test for us. As well as the challenges in the spring against Spain and Germany. After these three games we will understand where our strengths lie. But I am sure Italy will be among the main sides at the Euros."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Italy lack alternatives in defence'

http://www.football-italia.net/75809/italy-lack-alternatives-defence?

Nov 15, 2015

Ciro Ferrara and Daniele Adani believe Italy’s problems are focused on Juventus defenders, “but there are no alternatives.”

The Azzurri were beaten 3-1 by Belgium on Friday and host Romania in another friendly on Tuesday night.

“Tactically, technically and in terms of character, the defenders used by Antonio Conte are the most talented and reliable,” ex-Juventus centre-back Ferrara told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“It can happen that at this moment in time some of them aren’t in peak condition, but I don’t see anyone able to take their place.”

Adani agrees with Ferrara on the lack of suitable alternatives while Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini are off form.

“The truth is, sometimes, they get distracted. After winning and playing so much over the last few years, a dip in intensity levels is normal.

“Chiellini, for example, in the last year has too often lost his marker, given away easy corners and made the wrong choices.

“There are no credible alternatives back there. Daniele Rugani never plays at Juve, Alessio Romagnoli struggled to settle in at Milan and Andrea Ranocchia isn’t first choice at Inter.

“We have to go to Euro 2016 with these defenders.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Juventus can’t talk about Scudetto’

http://www.football-italia.net/76154/chiellini-%E2%80%98juventus-can%E2%80%99t-talk-scudetto%E2%80%99?

Nov 23, 2015

Giorgio Chiellini admits that Juventus “can’t talk about the Scudetto”, targeting a Champions League place instead.

The Bianconeri have won three Serie A games in a row, but remain nine points adrift of leaders Inter, after a poor start to the season.

“I think in our position we can’t talk about the Scudetto,” Chiellini told Sky.

“We have to take it game-by-game. We’ve recovered some places in the last few games. The important thing is to be consistent between now and Christmas.

“We’d like to chip away some points from the teams who are ahead of us. The lead group, however, are going pretty well and they’ve shown that in these games.

“We have to be there, and be like a hammer, and try to slowly climb up the table.

“We mustn’t forget that the main target, as reiterated by the club during the international break, is to get into the top three.”

Chiellini was also asked about comparisons between Paulo Dybala and Carlos Tevez, with the former having scored the winner against Milan on Saturday.

“I think they’re very different players. In terms of their shots, their physical characteristics and also technically.

“The things they have in common is that they came to Juventus in succession and they’re Argentinian, but I see them as having very different characteristics.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Chiellini Praises Serie A Table-Toppers Napoli

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/01/chiellini-praises-serie-a-table-toppers-napoli/?

Jan 11, 2016

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has stated that Serie A leaders Napoli are currently the most organised of the teams battling for the title.

The Bianconeri extended their winning run in Serie A to nine games with a 2-1 win over Sampdoria at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris on Sunday, with their last defeat dating back to late October.

“The defeat against Sassuolo [last defeat before the run] was like a wake-up call, we didn’t have a great start to the season,” he told Sky Sport.

“The players had the desire to bounce back and perform; last season we had four of the best midfielders in Europe in [Andrea] Pirlo [who now plays for New York City FC], [Arturo] Vidal [now plays for Bayern Munich], [Claudio] Marchisio, and [Paul] Pogba – we don’t have that anymore.

“The coach tries to set out the best team regardless.

“The spat with [Leonardo] Bonucci? We enjoy a special partnership, it’s been going on for four years – we embraced after that, everything is fine.

“Serie A title race? Napoli are the most organised team, but we only think about ourselves.”

Chiellini concluded by praising youngster Daniele Rugani, squashing rumours that the young defender will leave the Juventus Stadium.

“Rugani is slowly being integrated into the line-up, I’ve read some clubs are interested but he’s not going anywhere.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘I’d sign Ibrahimovic’

http://www.football-italia.net/79362/chiellini-%E2%80%98i%E2%80%99d-sign-ibrahimovic%E2%80%99?

Feb 3, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini names Zlatan Ibrahimovic as the man he’d sign for Juventus, given the chance.

The Bianconeri defender answered fan questions for Tuttosport, and was asked which players he’d like to bring to Turin.

“So I have to steal a job from [Giuseppe] Marotta and [Fabio] Paratici?” Chellini considered.

“Ok, if you want to do a bit of fantasy football I’d take Sergio Ramos [of Real Madrid] for the defence, and Marek Hamsik of Napoli for the midfield.

“For the attack I’d look for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, he’s a player who can change the balance of a team, I’d like to see him in the Juventus shirt again.”

Chiellini was also asked whether it’s true he’d turned down wearing Gaetano Scirea’s number six shirt.

“Yes, that’s true. He gave me the opportunity to have that number, but I don’t think it’d be right. It would be like desecrating a myth. It’s a matter of respect too, I didn’t want to do it.

“Since I’ve been at Juventus I’ve always worn the number 3, so I preferred to keep that.”

The centre-back comes up against some star names in training, who is the most difficult to play against?

“Paul Pogba,” Chiellini replied.

“The right word for him is impressive. You can see it in the game, obviously, but in training with less on his mind his class and the complete nature of his technical ability are even more evident.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: ‘Injury nothing serious’

http://www.football-italia.net/79419/chiellini-%E2%80%98injury-nothing-serious%E2%80%99?

Feb 4, 2016

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini assures his injury is not serious, but isn’t sure he’ll play against Frosinone.

The Italian international has missed the last two matches with a muscular injury, but is not at risk of a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

“I’m fine,” Chiellini insisted as he released his social biography ‘Defender’ comprised of questions from fans.

“I wasn’t in top condition because I had an adductor strain, so we decided not to risk it because I didn’t feel ready to play.

“I’ll be working with the team in the next few days, and we’ll evaluate things on Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning.

“I’ve been playing a lot, it’s been a busy period, especially over the last two weeks and I’m not as young as I was, so sometimes you have to know how to recover.”

The Bianconeri beat Genoa 1-0 last night to extend their winning run to 13 Serie A games, though the win was perhaps slightly laboured.

“We’re coming off a busy period, and it’s unthinkable to win every game 4-0. We came up against an opponent in good condition who caused us problems, especially in breaking up the play.

“We didn’t play well, but if you look at the history of Juventus-Genoa games in the last four years I don’t remember the games being very different from yesterday, even when we maybe had all our players available.

“The team was able to win yesterday, we came through a great test of our identity and that’s the most important thing. If you manage to win even when you don't play well, it's a positive sign.

“Now we have the most difficult game of this mini-cycle, and that’s Frosinone on Sunday, because many would see it as a low-risk game, but really that’s where you have to be more careful.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Chiellini skips Napoli, Bayern

http://www.football-italia.net/79630/official-chiellini-skips-napoli-bayern?

Feb 9, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini will skip the games against Napoli and Bayern Munich as Juventus officially confirm a 20 day recovery period.

The defender was injured last Sunday against Frosinone, and his conditions had already prompted speculations as to how Coach Max Allegri would play without him.

The Bianconeri have now confirmed it will take 20 days before Chiellini is back on the pitch, meaning that he will skip next Saturday's game against Napoli as well as the Champions League round-of-the-last-sixteen against Bayern Munich.

“Giorgio Chiellini, who was subbed off during the game against Frosinone, underwent his medical exams today,” the statement reads.

“The exams revealed an injury to the triceps surae muscle of the right leg. It will take about 20 days for him to start athletic activity again.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Injured Chiellini skips Bayern?

http://www.football-italia.net/80557/injured-chiellini-skips-bayern?

Feb 29, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini is injured again and may have to skip Juventus' Champions League return leg against Bayern Munich.

The central defender reported muscular trouble related to his calf on February 7, after the 2-0 win against Frosinone, and had to be rested for three weeks. In that time he missed the 2-2 game against the German team, which was played on February 23.

It seems Chiellini's injury has returned, as he limped off the game against Inter yesterday after half an hour. The problem appears to be his calf once again.

An estimated recovery time has not been released yet by the Old Lady, but chances are that Chiellini may have to skip the March 16 return leg against their European rivals as well.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini scan tomorrow

http://www.football-italia.net/80584/chiellini-scan-tomorrow?

Feb 29, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini missed Juventus training today, and will undergo a scan tomorrow after aggravating an injury.

The defender returned to the Bianconeri starting line-up for last night’s Derby d’Italia with Inter, having been sidelined with a calf injury.

However, the Italian international limped off after 35 minutes of the first half, and was not fit to train with the squad at Vinovo today.

A statement on the club’s official website confirmed that Chiellini “will undergo medical tests tomorrow”.

The Old Lady face the second leg of their Champions League Last 16 tie with Bayern Munich on March 16, and it’s feared the centre-back could be ruled-out.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130766 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Giorgio Chiellini injury: Juventus defender
out 10 days with his usual calf injury

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/3/1/11137772/giorgio-chiellini-juventus-2016-serie-a-champions-league-knockout-round

Mar 1, 2016

You may feel like we were just in this same situation. It's mainly because we were. That's just the nature of the beast the last couple of months — or seasons — when it comes Giorgio Chiellini thinking he's healthy then seemingly getting hurt in his first game or two back on the field.

Chiellini was forced out in the first half of Juventus' 2-0 win over Inter Milan in the Derby d'Italia on Sunday, and missed training the next day on Monday, so we knew something was up even though it was Chiellini's first game back from injury. Tuesday, we found out what it was and how long Chiellini will be out this time. From Juventus' official website:

Giorgio Chiellini will not be available for the San Siro clash. Having exited the field of play during the first half of Juventus' league win over the Nerazzurri on Sunday evening, the defender underwent tests today, which ruled out any muscle tear, instead revealing an overload of the soleus muscle in his right calf. Chiellini is due to return to action in approximately ten days.

At his pre-match press conference, Juventus manager Max Allegri insisted that Chiellini was healthy to play against Inter on Sunday. If you recall, it was in early February where this exact same kind of situation happened where Chiellini's health was deemed good to go, he returned to the starting lineup and then subsequently missed a couple weeks after re-aggravating his calf injury.

Now, the 10-day timetable is a lot better than the three-week diagnosis Chiellini got the last time around. And if we go by simple facts in front of us that say Chiellini will be out 10 days and today is the first day of March, then his status for the second leg against Bayern Munich on March 16 won't be an issue. Of course, things can happen, and with Chiellini's injury susceptibility over the last six weeks anything is possible. But, if we're concerned about Chiellini potentially missing the trip to Bavaria, then the timetable the Juventus doctors have laid out should ease our fears a little bit.

Let's just hope he's actually 100 percent healthy when he comes back. The last thing we need to see is Allegri burning another first-half sub in a big game because Chiellini just felt his calf go twang again.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti