Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini-less Juve still potent

Jan 17, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini insists that Juventus’ recent struggles in Serie A have nothing to do with his absence.

The Old Lady have started 2013 with just one point from two games after a 2-1 home defeat to 10-man Sampdoria and a 1-1 draw at Parma.

The goals conceded in both games originated from the area of the pitch which the Italian usually occupies.

“An individual can’t change the balance of a side,” the stopper stated on Thursday. “I have great faith in my teammates. I’m counting on us getting back up on Saturday against Udinese.

“We’ve been unlucky in a few incidents and we’ve lost a few important points, but we did last year in this period too.

“My rehabilitation is going well and according to schedule,” said the man who picked up a thigh strain in December. “I hope to return as soon as possible, although I’ll still be out for another month or so.”

The Scudetto and the Champions League are the Bianconeri’s top targets this term, but so too is the Italian Cup.

“It is an important objective like the others,” the former Fiorentina player added.

“We’d like to win the Coppa Italia for the tenth time, also because we have still not digested that Final defeat to Napoli last season.”

Juventus will face Lazio in the semi-finals.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini sorry for Genoa fracas

Feb 4, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini has apologised for his reaction at the end of the controversial 1-1 draw between Juventus and Genoa.

Although the stopper didn’t feature in the game because of injury, he did step on to the field of play at the end of the tie to protest with officials.

Chiellini, who was subsequently handed a one-match ban, was one of a number of Juventus personnel who felt that they should have been awarded an injury-time penalty for an Andreas Granqvist handball.

“Yesterday we won a very important match on a difficult pitch like Verona, which in recent years had always created problems to us,” stated the defender on his website following the 2-1 win.

“Even if I could not play because of my injury, I sat out the one-match ban imposed after my reaction at the end of Juventus-Genoa.

“Now that the controversy about that match has gone, I would like to apologise publicly for the incident,” he added.

“Unfortunately, watching the game from the stands gave me more tension and after the end of the match I reacted too vehemently.

“We players should be the first who give a good example of how to behave on and off the field, so I wanted to apologise to all football and sports fans in general for my behaviour.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini could miss Napoli clash

Feb 5, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini's agent has admitted that the Juventus defender could miss the crucial clash against Napoli.

The League leaders face their nearest challengers on March 1, and the 28-year-old's representative has conceded that he may still be on the sidelines for the match at San Paolo.

“Giorgio is not a player the club want to take a risk on,” Davide Lippi told calciomercato. “I think he could be back at the end of this month, but I do not know.

“I hope can be available to Conte for the Napoli game, but I'm not sure.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini boost for Juventus

Feb 21, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini says he’s keen to get back into action with Juventus after recovering from a calf injury.

The stopper has been sidelined since December, but he’s on the verge of making a return to the side.

“It has been hard to watch my teammates without being able to help,” the centre-back told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“But I’m now training again and recovered. My calf is not giving me the slightest problem,” added the international.

“I hope to be back in action as soon as possible, but boss Antonio Conte will decide when the moment is right after speaking with the medical staff.”

The 28-year-old has only played in 13 Serie A games so far this season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Giorgio Chiellini returns for Juventus

Feb 23, 2013

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini will return to the Juventus squad for the Bianconeri’s match against Siena after a long lay-off with injury.

Chiellini, who had made 19 appearances for Juventus this season, has been sidelined since suffering a muscle tear in his calf on December 16.

Chiellini missed out on the Italian side’s first fixture in their knockout round tie against Celtic, but will likely be included for the follow-up in Turin.

The Juventus vice-captain will be returning to the bench this weekend, along with Claudio Marchisio and Federico Peluso. The latter two served bans during Juventus’s 1-0 defeat to Roma.

In further Juventus injury news, Martin Caceres will not be included due to a muscular problem, however central-midfielder Arturo Vidal will be included in the side despite spraining his ankle.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus optimistic over Chiellini

Feb 25, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini should be available for the Napoli tie after the Juventus defender picked up an ankle injury on his return to action.

The stopper, absent since December, was used as a second-half substitute in the 3-0 win over Siena on Sunday.

However, the central defender limped out of the game after picking up a blow to his right ankle.

The Italian international has had an x-ray which has ruled out any serious damage as the club have revealed that he has just sustained heavy bruising.

Juventus travel to the Stadio San Paolo on Friday night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini a doubt for Brazil

Mar 18, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini is a doubt for Italy's friendly match with Brazil on Thursday after suffering an ankle injury.

The Juventus defender picked up the knock yesterday, and the Azzurri's chief medical officer, Enrico Castellacci, has confirmed that there are concerns over the 28-year-old's fitness.

“Chiellini reported a trauma to his left ankle,” he told reporters this afternoon. “He also has a problem with the other ankle as well.

“The situation is a worry for us. He did not train today.

“We will have 48 hours to evaluate and decide if he will be with us in Geneva.”

Cesare Prandelli's team play the Selecao in Switzerland later this week, before travelling to Malta for a World Cup qualifier on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini trains in isolation

Mar 19, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini remains a doubt for the Brazil game after the Juventus man trained on his own this morning.

The defender is struggling with ankle issues and it is unclear whether he will be available for Italy over the next week.

The Azzurri face Brazil in a friendly on Thursday, while they will play a World Cup qualifier in Malta on Tuesday.

The Azzurri squad took to the Coverciano playing fields at 10.45 local time this morning, but Chiellini worked in isolation away from the main group.

Training will resume behind closed doors later this afternoon.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini ruled out of Italy ties

Mar 20, 2013

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini will take no part in Italy’s upcoming games against Brazil and Malta.

The stopper has been struggling with ankle issues this week which had placed him into doubt for the ties.

After monitoring his situation over the last two days, the decision has been taken by Azzurri doctors to send Chiellini back to his club.

Italy face Brazil in a friendly on Thursday, while they will travel to Malta for a World Cup qualifier next Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Italy explain Chiellini injury

Mar 20, 2013

Italy team doctor Enrico Castellacci says he expected to send home Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The stopper pulled out of the squad this morning after being examined by the Azzurri’s medical staff at Coverciano.

“As promised, we looked at Chiellini’s problem again today,” Castellacci commented. “I wasn’t optimistic.

“We already knew that he wouldn’t be able to play Brazil on Thursday, while we hoped he could be ready for Malta on Tuesday – even if there were still doubts about that tie too. He was borderline.

“Both ankles are swollen and he returns home to continue treatment. He twisted his left ankle, but he’s also struggling with his right one.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini ruled out of Brazil game

The Juventus defender will not have recovered from his ankle injury

in time to take part in Thursday's friendly encounter.

Mar 20, 2013

Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has received some disappointing news on the injury front in the build up towards Thursday's international friendly at home against Brazil as he will have to make do without the services of Giorgio Chiellini due to injury.

The Juventus defender picked up an ankle knock in his side's 2-0 win over Bologna at the weekend, and will not have recovered in time for the game versus the 2014 World Cup hosts.

"We conducted new tests on Chiellini's condition this morning and, although recent therapy has improved his condition, I can say with certainty he will not be available for the Brazil game," national team doctor Enrico Castellacci told the official FIGC website.

"The player is also in doubt for the Malta game."

Italy take on Brazil in Geneva on Thursday, before the World Cup qualifier against Malta on March 26.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini a doubt for Inter

Mar 21, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini is a doubt for Juventus' match with Inter on March 30, according to reports.

Calcio News have claimed that the central defender could be a doubt for the game with the Nerazzurri after being sent home from international duty.

The 28-year-old picked up a pair of ankle injuries whilst training for the Azzurri this week, and the website believe that he may not be fit to play Andrea Stramaccioni's men in nine days' time.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Milan rejected €4m Chiellini

Mar 25, 2013

Milan turned down the chance to sign Juventus and Italy stopper Giorgio Chiellini while he was at Livorno.

“I dined with Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri, Vice-President Adriano Galliani and Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis on Saturday,” Livorno chief Aldo Spinelli told Radio RAI.

“Talking to Galliani, we remembered when he didn’t want to spend €4m for my Chiellini who was with us at the time.

“We had a little laugh…”

The centre-back, who started his career as a left-back, was netted by Juventus in the summer of 2004 from Livorno.

He spent the 2004-05 campaign on loan at Fiorentina before moving to Turin the season after.

Chiellini, a Scudetto winner with the Old Lady, has won 57 caps for his country.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Bayern & Inter clashes will need concentration

The Bianconeri defender believes the two crunch matches

will be especially tough as they come so close together.

Mar 27, 2013

Juventus centre-back Giorgio Chiellini has urged for his team-mates to concentrate ahead of "two major challenges" against Inter and Bayern Munich.

The Bianconeri face their fellow Serie A giants on Saturday at the Giuseppe Meazza before playing the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final three days later against the Bavarians.

And Chiellini believes focus is paramount as they enter a defining stage of their season on both fronts.

"Two major challenges await us and they are close together, and our concentration will need to be at its maximum!" he wrote on Twitter.

Juve currently sit nine points clear at the top of Serie A as they chase a second successive title, and reached the last eight in Europe with a 5-0 aggregate win over Celtic.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini to miss two weeks

Apr 12, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini is set to miss the next two weeks after over-stretching during Juventus' training session this afternoon.

The defender has complained of soreness in his knee, with reports suggesting that there could be come collateral ligament damage.

It means the centre-back will definitely miss the match against Lazio this Sunday, and will more than likely be sidelined for the game with Milan next weekend.

The 28-year-old will undergo further examinations in the coming days.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Bayern & Dortmund are Martians!

Juve defender has been blown away by the performances of the Bundesliga giants in Europe
this season and feels that we might be seeing the start of a new era of German dominance.

Apr 25, 2013

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has described Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund as "Martians" on account of the sides' extraterrestrial performances in this season's Champions League.

Having swept the Bianconeri aside in the quarter-finals, die Roten hammered Barcelona 4-0 in the first leg of their last-four encounter on Tuesday night, while their Bundesliga rivals were just as impressive in winning 4-1 against Real Madrid the following evening.

Chiellini was left in awe by the performances of the German duo although, as he explained at a press conference on Thursday, he had already witnessed first-hand just how awesome a side Bayern have become.

"Our performance against the Bavarians has to be re-evaluated a little bit," the versatile defender argued to gathered media, alluding to his side's 4-0 aggregate loss to Jupp Heynckes' men.

"Bayern and Borussia are two Martians! In addition to their technical qualities, they are playing with an incredible intensity; they don't let you breathe.

"In my opinion, the two games against Bayern gave me the idea that they were nearly invincible and now I know it.

"When I saw them on the field they seemed a step ahead of everyone, and that's how it was [against Barcelona].

"To say, though, that the Germans are about to start a cycle [of dominance], well, we must wait for the return legs, even though, in theory, there has already been a change at European level.

"Nobody thought at the start of the season that there would be too German teams in the final."

Even though Juve came off a clear second best against Bayern, Chiellini believes that Antonio Conte's troops can take enormous pride out of their European campaign.

"We were handed the worst possible draw, against a Bayern side whom could and did give us difficulty," he mused. "We put on a good show and did create some chances, but they fully deserved to go through.

"However, the initial disappointment of going out has gone, and now there’s the awareness of the important progress we’ve made.

“We wouldn’t ever have the possibility of purchasing a world class player. I think it would be impossible for any Italian club to pay the figure that Cristiano Ronaldo commanded, for example.

"Borussia set out on a different path, picking up youngsters from youth academies for relatively low fees and moulding them into a team over the past three-to-four years.

"You can only congratulate the club and its coach [Jurgen Klopp] on their achievements. They’ve created a team that’s gone to the top in Europe.

"I’d say their journey is slightly similar to ours, and that’s why we hope to emulate them soon."

For now, though, Chiellini is just targeting a win in Sunday's Serie A derby against city rivals Torino that would edge them ever closer to a second successive Scudetto.

"We should be happy with what we’ve done this season," he added. "If I had predicted a season like this in the summer I would have been happy. Now we’ll aim to wrap up the Scudetto as soon as possible.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Conte the architect of Juventus success

The Italy international has nothing but praise for his coach
and has stressed that the Bianconeri deserve their domestic success.

May 13, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini has hailed Antonio Conte's role in Juventus' Serie A success this season as he feels the head coach is the brain behind their Scudetto win.

The Turin giants comfortably beat second-placed Napoli to the title to make it two consecutive Scudetti and Chiellini hopes that Juventus can continue to challenge for silverware with Conte at the helm.

"We’re in the thick of our cycle and Conte’s the main architect. We want to develop together and continue following his lead," Chiellini was quoted as saying on the official Juventus website.

The defender then went on to voice his opinion that Juve fully deserve their Serie A title as they never lost sight of their goal.

"The reason why we’ve sealed this Scudetto title so early is because we’ve never given up over the course of the campaign.

"We never lost sight of our objective. The defeat against Inter [in November] was a slip-up that brought us back down to earth and after a sticky patch in January we set off again. We deserve this title."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus must keep improving

The versatile defender has urged his team-mate to keep on working hard
to improve as he targets more success in the next few seasons.

May 14, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini has stressed that Juventus must keep on improving in order to add even more silverware to their trophy cabinet in the coming years.

The centre-back feels the Old Lady have already taken huge strides since the arrival of Antonio Conte in 2011, but insists that they still have work to do.

"Throughout our two-year journey, we've made a great deal of progress. No one thought we’d be able to win as early as last year and then go on to achieve back-to-back Scudetto titles," the Italy international told Sky Sport Italia.

"We’ll need to do well in the future to keep on improving, day after day, match after match. We know that it won’t be easy.

"Winning again isn't just about personnel, it’s also about the desire to achieve certain objectives."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini on Italy, Juve and Inter

May 28, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini spoke in Italy’s Press conference on the code of ethics, upcoming games and why Walter Mazzarri’s Inter “is already scary.”

The defender took questions in today’s meeting with the media as the Azzurri continue preparations for the friendly with San Marino on Friday, World Cup qualifier in the Czech Republic on June 7 and the Confederations Cup.

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo has been dropped from the squad after breaking the code of ethics by repeatedly insulting Roma Coach Aurelio Andreazzoli.

“Daniel is part of our group and it’s always a shame when a teammate isn’t there,” said Chiellini.

“The decisions are made by the Coach and we will wait for Osvaldo with arms outstretched if Prandelli in future decides to bring him back. He always behaved very well with us.

“The code of ethics was an approach started three years ago and we know that as players we have great responsibility, as we are representing an entire country. Of course we have to set a good example for children.

“A positive result in Prague would allow us to secure qualification, but we must be very wary, as a negative result could put us right back in the thick of the battle.”

Chiellini is one of several Juventus players in the Italy side and is looking forward to next season in Serie A.

“Prandelli is a more calm and quiet person compared to Antonio Conte, but both have that desire to win and make their mark. They enable you to understand and share their philosophy so you can apply it in a game situation.

“The growth of players is important, both for Italy and Juventus. There are quality players and I don’t see another European country with so many interesting young attacking options. After all, Mario Balotelli and Stephan El Shaarawy could be in the Under-21 side.

“As for Juve, a few new players are useful, but not even Leo Messi can win by himself, so the team must be the most important consideration.”

It’s all change on the benches, as Inter welcome Mazzarri, Napoli have Rafa Benitez, while Milan and Roma are still up in the air.

“It will certainly be easier for Mazzarri than Benitez,” continued Chiellini. “Finishing in eighth place after all those defeats puts less pressure on whoever comes next, as it’s easy to improve on that.

“I think Inter can be very difficult to face, as they have a mature Coach who is ready to win silverware. I believe he can give a great deal to this team and they’re already scary for us.

“I consider Benitez to be a great Coach, but it won’t be easy replacing Mazzarri. He must win the Scudetto and go forward in the Champions League. His career reflects his talents and I think Napoli can make a real impact.

“Italian football will be curious to see Benitez at work after a few difficult months at Inter, arriving after Jose Mourinho had won everything.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus must improve every area of the team

The Italy international feels the Turin powerhouse must continue
to improve in order to challenge for top honours again next season.

May 29, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini has stressed that Juventus cannot afford to rest on their laurels after their Serie A success in the past two seasons and has urged them to keep on improving.

The Scudetto holders have been linked with a number of strikers over the past few weeks as they aim to add some more firepower to their squad, but Chiellini feels their attack is not the only area that needs to be strengthened.

"The club is doing its best to improve every area of the team and be in the position to compete at an even higher level," Chiellini told reporters.

"We weren’t even in Europe two years ago, yet this season we returned to the Champions League after a lengthy absence and enjoyed a great run.

"We breezed through the last 16 and then came up against Bayern, a team that have objectively shown themselves to be the strongest at this current moment.

"We now need to continue to improve year on year."

Chiellini is currently preparing for the Confederations Cup with Italy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Racism must be eradicated

The Juventus centre-back has called for racist chanting and violence
in stadiums to be stamped out from both the game and society at large.

May 29, 2013

Juventus defender Giorgo Chiellini has urged authorities to eradicate the problem of racism in football.

The issue has reared its head once more in Italy this year, with AC Milan’s Kevin-Prince Boateng walking off in a friendly match against Pro Patria in January after he was on the receiving end of racist insults before Mario Balotelli reportedly clashed with Fiorentina fans while boarding a train after Milan’s 2-1 win over Siena on May 19.

Chiellini has called for the problem to be stamped out once and for all, but feels that the decision to walk off the pitch in the face of such abuse should be taken by the match officials, rather than the players.

“Racism should be eliminated and racist chanting should not be accepted,” Chiellini told reporters.

“We cannot make the decision to go off the pitch because everyone has said, referees included, they are there to make decisions on that matter for us and we need to follow their decisions.

“I think we need to make a distinction between racism and personal insults, which rightly or wrongly are always present and always will be. Everyone has a target, a Milan player might hate a particular Juventus player or an Inter player, but racism must not go on in the stadiums.

“We are really determined to defeat the problem of racism and violence in the stadium, it would be great to defeat those problems, not only sport and football but in our everyday lives.”

The problem also surfaced in European competition earlier this season, with Lazio being forced to play Europa League matches behind closed doors after supporters were found guilty of repeated racist chants during matches.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini demands win versus Japan

Jun 17, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini wants to secure Italy’s place in the semi-finals of the Confederations Cup before their last group game against Brazil.

Having beaten Mexico 2-1 on Sunday, the Azzurri will face Alberto Zaccheroni’s Japan on Wednesday evening looking for victory.

“It’s important to start such a short competition well,” the Juventus centre-back commented. “Mexico are a credible rival for qualification.

“We played an excellent game and we deserved the win.

“Now we must start again from that and we have a fundamental game in midweek in terms of qualification.

“Winning would guarantee us a place in the last four and that is our intention.”

Japan, bossed by former Juventus tactician Zaccheroni, lost 3-0 to hosts Brazil in their opener on Saturday evening.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Luck favoured Italy, says Chiellini

Jun 20, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini concedes Italy were fortunate to have beaten Japan in the Confederations Cup on Wednesday.

The Azzurri won an enthralling match 4-3 after initially being 2-0 down and surviving a number of scares at the back.

“We were a little lucky in terms of the final score,” the Juventus stopper commented after the game in Brazil.

“This encounter has taught us one lesson – no matter how tired we are, we have to be more of a team. We risked too much.”

The victory, coupled with their 2-1 over Mexico in their first game, has now assured the Azzurri of a place in the last four.

“The result is decisive as it propels us into the semi-finals,” added the former Livorno and Fiorentina stopper.

“The first objective that we set ourselves has now been achieved. Now we need to think about the game against Brazil with the right focus, even if the semi-final will be a more important fixture.”

Italy and Brazil will meet on Saturday in a match that will decide who wins the group and who will finish second.

The hosts currently top Group A as they have a superior goal difference.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Mission accomplished for Italy

The Euro 2012 finalists recorded a hard-fought win over Japan to progress
to the knockout stages, but the defender has admitted they had their fair share of luck.

Jun 20, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini concedes Italy were fortunate to beat Japan in Wednesday's Confederations Cup match, but says having reached the semi-finals of the competition is the most important thing.

The Azzurri were trailing by two goals after a little over 30 minutes, but eventually recorded a 4-3 win courtesy of a late Sebastian Giovinco strike that saw them book their ticket for the next round.

"This is still the win that sees us qualify for the semi-finals, so that's mission accomplished,” Chiellini told Sky Sport Italia.

"We will have to learn from this game, though. Although we were a bit tired, we have to be more organised and act as a team.

"This was an important win because we suffered a lot. The most important thing is that we won, but we will have to analyse the match.

"The game against Brazil will decide whether we finish first or second in the group. We will now turn our focus to the Brazil game and then to the semi-finals."

Italy lock horns with Brazil on June 22.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini drops Diamanti hint

Jul 1, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini has dropped a cheeky hint that Alessandro Diamanti could make a move to Juventus this summer.

The Bologna playmaker scored a superb free-kick in Italy's 2-2 draw with Uruguay on Sunday.

And in the mixed zone after the match, the Bianconeri defender playfully admitted to reporters that the former West Ham may be seen at the club's training ground.

“He will make an appearance at Vinovo later this month,” Chiellini told journalists.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti