Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini 'proud' at joining 300 club

Jan 15, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini joined the ‘300 club’ for Juventus earlier this season, and the defender has admitted his pride at reaching such a milestone.

AMAZONIAN

Only 38 players had previously reached that number for the Bianconeri, and at a ceremony on Tuesday evening to mark the occasion, the Italy international revealed his best moments in the famous shirt.

“I’m immensely honoured and proud to officially be part of the club’s history and know that my name and shirt will forever remain alongside those of great champions,” he told the club’s official website.

“It’s an achievement that repays everything I’ve given to this team. I never would have thought of reaching such a figure when I arrived eight and a half years ago.

AMAZONIAN

“However, this needs to represent a starting point for other personal and team targets. One was reached a couple of days ago in Cagliari and I hope that soon we’ll be able to write other important pages in the club’s history books.”

Chiellini, who joined the club from Fiorentina back in 2005, has experienced a whirlwind of highs and lows throughout the course of his 300 appearances - but had no doubts when asked to name his most memorable game yet.

“The victory over Cagliari in Trieste that won us our 30th Scudetto. When I joined Juventus I was immediately part of a winning team, without truly realising how much effort goes in to achieve such results.

AMAZONIAN

“Then, with everything that happened in the years that followed and the difficulties we came up against, I became aware of how tough it is to achieve success. That title, won without losing a game, was an unbelievable feeling.

“The game to forget? One doesn’t spring to mind. Instead I’d probably say the second season we finished in seventh place. The first is something that can happen, two in a row absolutely not.”

The centre-back then outlined his ambitions for the years ahead.

AMAZONIAN

“I want to win with my team-mates and lift further trophies. You need to dig deep to do so, but the taste of victory is wonderful. The first part of the season has been very positive, even though there’s the regret at our exit from the Champions League.

“Now we’ve got the Europa League to play for and the final’s in Turin. Getting there would be a small dream, to chase by working hard on a daily basis. I hope that this experience can help us continue our development and gain further awareness also on an international scale. Then there’s the league and Coppa Italia - all targets within our reach, but we need to keep doing what we’re doing.

“A personal target? Ending my career wearing the black and white stripes would be a nice achievement. I joined the club as a youngster, have become a man here and Juventus is a family to me.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Inter owner messed with Guarin & Vucinic

The centre-back, who helped Juventus beat the Nerazzurri on Sunday,
was highly critical of Erick Thohir for cancelling the swap deal at the last minute.

Feb 4, 2014

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has launched a stinging criticism of Inter owner Erick Thohir for pulling the plug on the swap deal involving Fredy Guarin and Mirko Vucinic in January.

AMAZONIAN

Guarin was set to go to the Scudetto holders with Juve striker Vucinic going the other way, but the San Siro side chose not to go ahead with the deal due to fan protestations despite the clubs having reached an agreement.

Chiellini, who scored the second goal in the Bianconeri's 3-1 win at home to the Nerazzurri on Sunday, wished Inter's Colombian attacker all the best and hit out at Thohir for the way he handled the scrapped transfer.

AMAZONIAN

"I wish the best to Inter and especially Guarin," the Italy international, 29, told Sportmediaset.

"Guarin, along with Vucinic, was the victim in a surreal situation where he [Thohir] toyed a bit too much with the lives of two men."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No serious Chiellini injury

Feb 11, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini has avoided a serious injury, but he and Andrea Barzagli could miss Juventus-Chievo.

AMAZONIAN

The defender limped off during a 2-2 draw with Verona on Sunday afternoon and there were fears he had torn the calf muscle.

Today tests showed there are no lesions, but there is an inflammation of the soleus muscle in the left leg.

AMAZONIAN

It’s believed this rules Chiellini out of this weekend’s Serie A encounter with Chievo.

There are also huge doubts over teammate Barzagli, who already missed the Verona game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini set for Juve renewal

Feb 14, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini is likely to renew his current contract with Juventus, if reports in the Italian Press are to be believed.

AMAZONIAN

Tuttosport have revealed this evening that the Bianconeri hierarchy have been in contact with the defender, and expect a resolution soon.

The centre-back’s existing deal with the Old Lady expires in 2015, but the Turin outfit are keen to get his future sorted sooner rather than later.

AMAZONIAN

It is suggested that negotiations will be straight forward, and an announcement on an extension will be confirmed before the end of the season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini aims for quick return

Feb 18, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini has confirmed that his calf injury is ‘nothing serious’, as he outlines a quick return, and reflects on the importance of Juventus’ support.

AMAZONIAN

The defender limped off during Juve’s 2-2 draw at Verona in Week 23 with it feared that he had torn his calf muscle.

However, on from tests on the injury which revealed that it was only inflammation of the muscle, Chiellini has revealed his intention to be back to first team duties soon.

“The calf is better. Luckily it was not a serious injury and I will try to recover as soon as possible because we have a lot of games in the coming weeks,” the 29-year-old told fans this morning through a Google Hangout conducted with his club.

AMAZONIAN

Chiellini recently reached 300 appearances for the Bianconeri.

“The history of Juventus has a special charm and to play over 300 games with this shirt is something unique, indescribable.

AMAZONIAN

“The stadium? It is certainly a thrill. We can hear the fans particularly during the warm-up, because during the game you are completely focused and you cannot enjoy the spectacle of the fans then.

“You cannot take it as scientific fact, but we saw in the first year - our stadium does make a difference, because it scares whoever we have to deal with.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juve surprised by Chiellini call-up’

Mar 3, 2014

Antonio Conte and Beppe Marotta have admitted that Juventus are ‘surprised’ to have seen Giorgio Chiellini included in the latest Italy squad.

AMAZONIAN

The defender is on the verge of returning to full fitness after almost a month on the sidelines with a calf injury and was an unnamed substitute for yesterday’s win at Milan.

However, his inclusion in Cesare Prandelli’s squad for Wednesday’s friendly against Spain in Madrid was not expected, according to the Bianconeri’s director general.

“Chiellini’s call-up has come after not playing for three weeks and doing different workouts in training,” began Marotta to Rai Sport yesterday night.

AMAZONIAN

“We intended to recover him for this week and so we did not expect this. I do not want controversy, and why I say this is that he has not yet played with us - he was on the bench only in case of dire emergency.”

Marotta was talking after yesterday’s 2-0 win at San Siro, which has stretched Juve’s lead at the top of the table to 11 points.

“I agree with Mondonico, for the first half we have suffered, we were in trouble, they were the most brilliant and dynamic, and thanks to our humility we have responded and scored with a great action.

AMAZONIAN

“The whole group, however, is humble, not just those on the field, we have seen a strong team in terms of temperament.”

Conte continued Marotta’s comments on Chiellini.

“I expected at least half a call from Prandelli to ask how Chiellini is. I find it a little impolite. Chiellini has not played for three weeks, Friday he has returned to training and we took him to Milan but, in my mind, there was no thought of using him.

AMAZONIAN

“I’m sorry to see him called, so many times the Coach asks for collaboration and availability, which we give a lot, because we provide a lot of players, I expected at least half a phone call.

“Monday I expect the headlines: ‘Conte attacks Prandelli’.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Prandelli bites back at Conte:
I had the right to call up Chiellini

The Bianconeri trainer had accused his national team counterpart of exhibiting a lack
of courtesy by selecting a player that he claims is not in the right condition to play.

Mar 3, 2014

Cesare Prandelli has hit back at Juventus boss Antonio Conte over Giorgio Chiellini's controversial call-up for Wednesday's friendly with Spain by stating that it his "right" as Italy boss to be able to select whatever players he sees fit.

AMAZONIAN

The Bianconeri boss had reacted angrily to the defender's inclusion in the Azzurri squad, claiming that Chiellini was not fit to feature at the Vicente Calderon given the 29-year-old had been sidelined for three weeks with a calf injury before being named on the bench for Sunday's Serie A win at AC Milan.

Conte claimed that Prandelli had been guilty of showing him a lack of courtesy by picking Chiellini, who did not feature at San Siro, but the Italy boss says he has done absolutely nothing wrong.

"We keep in close contact with all the coaches," the 56-year-old told reporters at the launch of the Azzurri's new PUMA strip in Milan on Monday. "We have been given maximum availability.

AMAZONIAN

"Our medics are in contact with the medics of the clubs two weeks before the squad announcement. If a player is on the bench with his club, I have the right to call him up.

"The Juve medic sent a text to the national team's medic saying that all of his players were fine.

"It's also our last friendly before the World Cup. It is important to be here even if you're not playing."

AMAZONIAN

Prandelli also said that he remains available to discuss the issue if either Conte or Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta are seeking any further explanation for Chiellini's call-up.

"When Marotta has a problem, he can call me and I always respond," the former Fiorentina coach stated. "I was expecting a call from them."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini trains alone for Italy

Mar 4, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini trained virtually alone in Italy’s first session ahead of facing Spain, before a one-on-one with Cesare Prandelli.

AMAZONIAN

The Juventus defender has been the subject of a fall-out between club and country, after being included in this week’s squad to face La Roja in Madrid, despite having sat out the last three weeks for the Bianconeri with a calf injury.

On from defending his decision to select the centre-back, though, CT Prandelli notably held a brief chat with Chiellini on the Ciudad Real Madrid training turf after yesterday evening’s workout, which saw the 29-year-old generally work alone out on the field.

AMAZONIAN

The squad’s goalkeepers also had a separate routine, whilst Dani Osvaldo, Mattia Destro, Lorenzo Insigne and Mattia De Sciglio all worked part of the session on the pitch.

The rest of the selection, however, was confined to general gym work during this first session together.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Chiellini warns against Juventus complacency

Mar 4, 2014

Defender Giorgio Chiellini has warned Juventus they cannot take their current 11 point advantage over nearest rivals Roma for granted, believing that they should also take into account that the two sides are still to meet in Rome where the Giallorossi knocked them out of the Coppa Italia.

AMAZONIAN

Despite securing a 2-0 win at AC Milan on Sunday the Italian international also expects the Bianconeri’s attempts end the season with a Europa League and Serie A double will also be demanding towards the end of the campaign.

“The ranking does not say it all. First of all we need to consider that the points advantage is between eight and 11,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

AMAZONIAN

“The Parma team are very positive, but we need to think negatively and therefore to a possible victory by Roma.

“Obviously the cup will take away a lot of energy, we saw that last night [versus Milan] and you have to accumulate as many points as possible to manage in the end.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Spain is a vital test for us

The Juventus defender believes the trip to the Vicente Calderon will be of great benefit
to the Azzurri, while he also reveals his admiration for Atletico Madrid's form this term.

Mar 5, 2014

EXCLUSIVE
By Federico Casotti

Giorgio Chiellini says facing Spain in Madrid on Wednesday night represents a vital part of Italy's World Cup preparations.

AMAZONIAN

La Roja overcame the Azzurri 4-0 in the final of Euro 2012 final and the Juventus defender knows that Vicente del Bosque's side, who are also the reigning world champions, are the ultimate benchmark when it comes to international football.

"When you face Spain it's not a normal friendly," Chiellini told Goal. "It's an important match for all of us - a significant test against the European and world champions who we have already faced several times.

"We want to maintain our results after doing well over the past few years. We hope to play well because this will be the last match before we meet up for the World Cup."

AMAZONIAN

The match takes place at the Vicente Calderon just three days after a pulsating Madrid derby.

Chiellini claims that Real, who claimed a 2-2 draw thanks to a late Cristiano Ronaldo goal, enjoy a unique advantage over their Liga rivals by way of their superior wealth, so the versatile centre-half has nothing but praise for the way in which the Rojiblancos have managed to sustain a title challenge this season.

"When you speak about Real Madrid, you talk about a lot of money - almost infinite funds - something very unique in the world," he said.

AMAZONIAN

"The real model could be Atletico, who are growing year by year without having such financial power. With great humility they are fighting at the same level with Real Madrid and Barcelona."

Italy head for Brazil 2014 with a settled unit and a defensive bedrock given to them by a number of Juventus players, including captain and talisman Gianluigi Buffon.

Chiellini believes the understanding between the Juve contingent is an important factor for the national team and knows that Buffon can be relied upon when pressed into action, as underlined by the goalkeeper's sensational performance in Sunday's 2-0 win at AC Milan.

AMAZONIAN

"We have to take advantage from our harmony on the pitch in the national team," he said.

"Gigi [buffon] was phenomenal against Milan as he always is. We hope to keep things more quiet for him because the less saves he has to make, the better for all of us.

"But we know that when the moment comes, he'll be ready."

AMAZONIAN

Italy are placed in Group D at the World Cup alongside Uruguay, England and Costa Rica and Chiellini has pinpointed their tournament opener against England in Manaus on June 14 as a must-win tie if Italy are to stand any chance of progression.

"England are a great team with a lot of champions who can be decisive in such a tough tournament," he said.

"It will be a difficult group stage and the first match becomes crucial. We'll prepare for it in the best way possible in coming months because we know how it will be important to win."

AMAZONIAN

With only 99 days to go until the big kick-off in South America, the 29-year-old admits that the excitement is beginning to build in the Italian ranks.

"The expectation and adrenalin are growing," he said. "We're starting to think about Brazil.

"While we play for the club we are focused on usual routine, but when we are with the national team and the new kit is unveiled we feel closer to the World Cup."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Maldini and Baresi were my idols' - Italy stars
Chiellini and Buffon share their World Cup memories

The versatile centre-half is proud of how many great defenders the country has produced,
while the Azzurri goalkeeper has admitted all the heroes from his youth were strikers.

Mar 6, 2014

EXCLUSIVE

Giorgio Chiellini has voiced his admiration for former Italy internationals Paolo Maldini and Franco Baresi.

AMAZONIAN

"When I was young my idols were definitely Maldini and Baresi. I think defenders have always been one of the best aspects of our football. We have a different mentality," the versatile centre-half stated.

"I believe that our defenders' toughness should be looked upon with pride and definitely shouldn't be seen as something negative."

Meanwhile, Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has revealed that he idolised strikers when he was a youngster.

AMAZONIAN

"When I was young my heroes were Paolo Rossi for what he did in '82, Gianluca Vialli for his performance in the '86 World Cup and Totó Schillaci for the in 1990 where he allowed to dream a whole country," the Italy and Juventus captain explained.

"Then, from 1994 onwards, they weren't heroes anymore; instead they became personalities and athletes that I should try to emulate and from which I could try to learn secrets that could help me better myself.

AMAZONIAN

"The memory I have about Italia '90 is an absolutely beautiful one because it was the first World Cup that I lived with a certain awareness.

"When the matches were on, Italy looked as if it was almost frozen, without a single sound coming from outside."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Buffon the best of all time

The Juventus centre-back says his international and club colleague is the greatest
goalkeeper ever and that he will have a big part to play in Italy's World Cup campaign.

Mar 7, 2014

EXCLUSIVE
By Kris Voakes | International Football Correspondent

Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon is the best goalkeeper of all time, Giorgio Chiellini has told Goal.

AMAZONIAN

The Juventus defender believes his skipper at both club and international level is the greatest ever No.1 and says that his quality and experience could be key factors in the Azzurri having a good run at this summer’s World Cup in Brazil.

“Buffon, for us, is the captain. He is the player with the most experience and we are lucky to have the man who I believe is the best goalkeeper of all time defending our goal,” said Chiellini of the 36-year-old.

“We always try to make sure that he has to make very few saves, but it is extremely reassuring having him in goal.”

AMAZONIAN

But Buffon, who holds the Italian record for international caps with 139, is not the only player whose experience could be vital according to Chiellini.

“Andrea Pirlo is football, he is a fantastic and sensational footballer,” the 29-year-old continued. “In the past years I have had the fortune of having him in my club team, Juventus, in addition to the national team and since he joined we have started winning again.

“He is a winning player who manages to draw the best out of his team. He also has an exceptional personality, which is something fundamental in a competition like the World Cup.”

AMAZONIAN

Cesare Prandelli’s side have been placed in a tricky Group D for the summer showpiece, but Chiellini is hopeful that striker Mario Balotelli will live up to the hype and score the goals that lead Italy to the latter stages.

“Mario Balotelli is undoubtedly the greatest talent of Italian football,” he added. “His career so far has lived many ups and downs, but let's hope that in this upcoming World Cup he will manage to lead this team in the way that all the Italy fans hope.”

Italy face England in their opening game of the World Cup in Manaus on June 14, following by clashes with Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Balotelli is our greatest talent, Pirlo is sensational' -
Chiellini on his Italy team-mates

The Juventus defender believes the striker can shine for Italy at this summer's World Cup,
while lauding the midfield metronome as the man who draws the best out of the team.

Mar 10, 2014

EXCLUSIVE

Giorgio Chiellini believes that Mario Balotelli is Italy's greatest talent ahead of the World Cup finals in Brazil.

AMAZONIAN

The AC Milan striker, who scored twice against Germany in the semi-finals of Euro 2012, is set to lead the line for Italy again this summer, and Chiellini feels he can deliver once again for the Azzurri faithful.

"Mario Balotelli is undoubtedly the greatest talent of Italian football," he told Goal. "His career so far has seen many ups and downs, but let's hope that at the World Cup he will lead his team in the way that all Italian fans want."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Europa League final against Napoli
would be a 'dream' - Chiellini

The Italy international is eager to seal continental glory in the final in Turin
in the Spring and believes his side are firmly on course for a third-successive Serie A title.

Mar 11, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini has insisted that Juventus are desperate to go all the way in the Europa League and he hopes for an all-Italian final against Napoli.

AMAZONIAN

The Turin giants meet Fiorentina in the round of 16 of the competition and Chiellini has made it clear that Juve are brimming with confidence ahead of Thursday's first leg.

"We have belief that we can win the Europa League and we'll go for it right until the very end," the defender told reporters.

"I think everyone's dream is for us to face Napoli in the final, because two Italian sides reaching that stage would be a point of pride for everyone."

AMAZONIAN

The defender also had his say on the Serie A title race and admitted that Juventus are sitting in pole position to win their third consecutive Scudetto are building up a significant lead over Roma.

"We know that we've emerged victorious from two very important matches against opponents whose strength we were wary of. We had luck on our side but we also played well.

AMAZONIAN

"I think we've made an important step towards the Scudetto."

Juventus currently hold a 14-point lead over second-placed Roma, who have a game in hand.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: Italy controversy resolved

Mar 11, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini believes that the controversy surrounding his inclusion in last week’s Italy squad has been resolved.

AMAZONIAN

Antonio Conte was not pleased with the defender being named in the Azzurri squad to face Spain after only just coming back from injury.

But the centre-back has insisted that episode has been forgotten about.

“These are situations and misunderstandings that can sometimes be created,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

AMAZONIAN

“We’re all friends. This has been resolved peacefully.”

Chiellini then commented on Juventus’ bid for the Scudetto and Conte’s importance to the club.

“We know we have two important weekends coming up. But we’ve made an important step towards the title.

AMAZONIAN

“We have a great advantage but we are aware that we can’t be complacent.

“We try and take Conte on to the pitch with us. We all hope he stays with us. I can’t see a future without him.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus’ Europa League contest
with Fiorentina still open

Mar 14, 2014

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes that the Europa League battle between the Old Lady and Fiorentina is still open and could still end in either team’s favour.

AMAZONIAN

The Bianconeri’s first leg Europa League round of 16 match against the Viola ended in a 1-1 draw at Juventus Stadium on Thursday and the 29-year-old feels his team deserved the win, though he admits that gaining the equaliser was an important achievement for the visiting side.

Chiellini spoke to Juventus TV’s ‘Filo Diretto’ on Friday about Juve’s draw with Fiorentina, while also commenting on his team’s upcoming Serie A match with Genoa and their second leg meeting with the Gigliati in Florence on March 20.

“I believe that everything is still open,” said the Italian international.

AMAZONIAN

“We’re certainly feeling sorry because we felt we deserved the win yesterday, but we were unlucky.

“They were good to get the equalising goal and it’s certainly a major achievement for them. But I think everything is still open.

AMAZONIAN

“Now we have Sunday’s match against Genoa which is important for us, as we want to maintain our lead over Roma and consolidate our leadership.

“Then we’ll play at a maximum of 100 per cent in Thursday’s match, which will surely be a tough game that’s special for everyone.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve against Italy'

Apr 6, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini admits “it’s Juventus against the rest of Italy,” but he is happy to be successful and disliked.

The defender spoke to Tuttosport ahead of Monday’s game with Livorno.

“We have the Scudetto in our grasp, but that doesn’t mean we’ve already won it,” said Chiellini after their lead over Roma was cut to eight points.

“Now we need to bring it home. The fixture list might appear simple on paper, but there are dangers, starting from Livorno.

“On the other hand, Roma can play without pressure. They’ve had an amazing campaign, beyond their rosiest expectations. I hope Napoli won’t mind me saying this, but the Giallorossi have second place guaranteed.

“Therefore all the pressure is on us. We are accustomed to that and want to achieve something historic. 100 points? That is a secondary target, as we are focused on two things: the third Scudetto in a row and to go all the way in the Europa League.”

There was controversy this week when Juve director Beppe Marotta complained Napoli “looked like a provincial team” when celebrating their 2-0 victory over the leaders.

“I don’t think it was excessive, it was just the simple celebration of those who want to win and not finish second,” insisted Chiellini.

“Is it Juve against the rest of Italy? It’s been like that since the start of the season. When Juventus lose, everyone celebrates because they hope the title race will be open again. The more you win, the less people like you. Of course, I hope next year they’ll like us even less...

“Are we less entertaining now than at the start of our run? It’s only natural, as our opponents have studied us for three years now. At the time we were the only side to start attacking moves from the back. Now even teams fighting for survival involve their goalkeeper.”

While Juventus continue to dominate in Italy, they went out of the Champions League in the group phase, but as luck would have it the Europa League Final is in Turin this season.

“The Europa League was in our destiny, as the snow in Istanbul is an event that will never happen again. We will try in the Europa League, but our focus must remain on the Scudetto.

“As for myself, I have a deal with the directors and we’ll soon meet to discuss a contract renewal. As soon as we have a little time, that is, as the fixture list is still packed.”

Chiellini was also asked about the World Cup and whether he’d bring Francesco Totti or Antonio Cassano to Brazil.

“I think both of them would deserve it. They are champions and the Nazionale is their home. The Coach will decide.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini: Juventus one step away from dream final

The prospect of playing a major final in front of their own fans
is driving Antonio Conte's men on, according to the Italy international defender.

Apr 11, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini and Juventus are now dreaming of playing in the Europa League final at their own stadium after Thursday's victory over Olympique Lyonnais.

Already a goal to the good after last week's first leg in France, the Serie A leaders secured their progression to the semi-finals with a 2-1 victory in Turin on Thursday.

Juve join Benfica, Sevilla and Valencia in the last four and Chiellini admits reaching next month's final, which is being held at Juventus Stadium, is driving Antonio Conte's men forward.

"We are very satisfied," the Juventus defender told Sky Sport Italia. "But the only thing that interests me is coming back here in May for the final.

"We want to play the final on our turf, as it's something that might never happen again in the history of this club.

"It's too important to miss out on."

Andrea Pirlo's fourth-minute free kick put Juventus on their way to victory, and although Jimmy Briand levelled soon after, the Italian champions secured their progression thanks to Claudio Marchisio's deflected strike in the second half.

Chiellini admitted Juventus could have played better but felt over the 180 minutes they rightly booked a place in the last four.

"At times people take Juventus success for granted but we saw that over two legs Lyon played to the death, man-marked us for 180 minutes and it becomes difficult to score in those circumstances," the 29-year-old said.

"We did well to take our chances, though perhaps lost some sharpness during the second period of the first half. That came back after the break and I thought we deserved qualification."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve thank Roma'

Apr 19, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini thanked Roma for “reminding Juventus how difficult it is to win every single time.”

The Bianconeri squeezed past Bologna 1-0 to maintain their 100 per cent home record in Serie A this season.

“We’re nearly there. This was a very important win, we are really so close to this third consecutive Scudetto,” Chiellini told Sky Sport Italia.

The gap is temporarily at 11 points with Roma travelling to Fiorentina at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“We have to thank Roma, as they keep us alive and remind us how difficult it is to win every single time. They deserve praise, as they are making sure we really enjoy this title because it is so hard-fought.”

Juve were sluggish in the first half, but piled the pressure on until Paul Pogba’s goal after the break. What did Antonio Conte say at half-time?

“Conte just told us to raise the tempo and that’s what we did, going up a gear. We knew Bologna were an organised side that didn’t leave many spaces, but it was a deserved victory.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus want to pass 100 point mark - Chiellini

Roma's defeat to Catania handed the Bianconeri the league title on Sunday
and the centre-back already has his eyes on setting yet more records.

May 4, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini says Juventus are determined to create more history by surpassing the 100-point mark after winning a third straight Serie A title on Sunday.

The Bianconeri face Atalanta on Monday night but retained their league crown without kicking a ball thanks to Roma's shock 4-1 defeat to Catania.

Should Juve win all of their remaining three games they will end the season on 102 points, surpassing the current record of 97 set by Inter in 2007.

Chiellini told Mediaset Premium: "We've done amazingly well. We aim to exceed 100 points and get into the history of Italian football.

"We must thank Roma who forced us to give more than 100%. This third title is the reward for the years where we did not win anything.

"This group is growing and we want to write new pages in the history of this club."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Juve wrote history'

May 4, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini hailed a “record-breaking Scudetto” for Juventus, even though it was his first won in front of a TV.

The Bianconeri secured their third consecutive title without kicking a ball, as they watched Roma lose 4-1 in Catania this afternoon.

“It was strange winning it like this and I’d never experienced that situation from the outside,” the defender told Mediaset Premium.

“We’ll enjoy this historic event, a record-breaking Scudetto that is more than deserved made of emotions over nine months that should be enjoyed and savoured.

“It was an incredible journey and we’re not done yet, as we want to become the first Serie A club to amass 100 points.

“We also thank Roma, as their great campaign pushed us to go beyond 100 per cent. You never get used to winning, so this third consecutive title pays us back for all those years in which we had nothing.

“We want to continue winning, this squad is growing and we’ll prove that in future. We want to write new pages in the history of this club.”

This means next Sunday’s match with second-placed Roma at the Stadio Olimpico is little more than a showcase.

“Now we’ll go to Rome for a pleasure cruise and enjoy this Scudetto, because we deserve it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Genoa, Udinese wins key to Juve’

May 8, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini says wins over Genoa and Udinese provided the ‘fundamental shift’ in Juventus winning the Scudetto, the season’s ‘biggest objective’.

The Bianconeri are celebrating a third successive League title after Week 36’s results ensured their lead over second placed Roma was unassailable.

Sitting down for Google Hangout, defender Chiellini reflected on the current mindset in the dressing room, and the weight of their achievement this term.

“Certainly we are more calm than we were in February, when we were in the middle of the season,” Chiellini began today.

“We have achieved the most important objective of the year and we are definitely more relaxed.

“It was definitely the biggest goal at the beginning of the season, a difficult task, but to which we believed so much in.

“Then in being able to succeed with a season so exciting, with record numbers - we hope to be able to end the season well - it is definitely a great satisfaction.”

The 29-year-old was asked when the players realised they had won the League.

“Surely we did well not to believe too early, because there were some who had assigned it to us a month ago, even two months ago.

“Instead, we knew that Roma would win all their recent games. I believe that a fundamental shift was the victory at Genoa with the last minute goal from Pirlo, and then perhaps that in Udine, because it was one of the last occasions on which they could have hoped we would drop points.”

The Italy international picked out his best moment of the season and thought back to Week 18.

“Perhaps the victory over Roma, it was a crucial moment because they were five points behind, had not lost and were definitely convinced they could come to Turin to get a result.

“Instead, we won a difficult game, with an overwhelming result, perhaps a little too much, but it was a game that we wanted at all costs.”

Chiellini, who recently surpassed 300 appearances for the Old Lady, was asked to pick his most memorable game played for the club so far.

“Can I not say two? One was the victory in Madrid at the Bernabeu, in the year of Ranieri, because it was not very predictable.

“Home and away, we managed two wins against Madrid, it was a great thrill. Then, Cagliari-Juventus in Trieste, because after all these years, to win again was a unique experience, in an undefeated season, it was more than a dream come true, because even the dreamers could not have hoped for a season like that at the start.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: Italy can trouble anyone

May 8, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini has outlined his belief that Italy must advance to the knockout stages at the World Cup because: “We can compete with anyone.”

The Azzurri are drawn in Group D of this summer’s tournament in Brazil, alongside England, Uruguay and Costa Rica.

With the League title out of the way, Chiellini admits that focus is on succeeding in advancing out of that group this summer.

“Until now we would not have focused on it. With lots of objectives you are too focused on those and you cannot think of anything else,” Chiellini has explained via a Google Hangout today.

“Now our objective is reached, so it is inevitable that our thoughts turn to the World Cup and already we begin to get excited.

“Definitely it will be a great adventure, I am convinced that it is essential for us to progress from the first round into the knockout stage because we are a team that can be really troublesome and can compete with anyone.

“We know we have a tough group but we also have a lot of enthusiasm and the desire to do well. We hope to continue the positive results that we have managed in the last three years.”

Chiellini, who also considered Juventus’ road to domestic success this season, was asked whether it really is an advantage to have club colleagues Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci alongside him in Italy’s back-line.

“Of course it helps us to know each other, because of the many times you are on the field you do not even have to look at each other to know where your teammate is - after so many matches together you know where your teammates are.

“Me, Andrea and Leo, we are aware of each other through memory after all these games together with Juve and in the national team it can definitely be an advantage and help for Prandelli.

“Then, he will make his decisions and also with the others there are no issues. But, to have a block of a team that players throughout the year together is an advantage.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No code of ethics for Chiellini

May 12, 2014

Giorgio Chiellini reportedly does not risk being dropped from Italy contention, as Cesare Prandelli has apparently assessed his weekend elbow.

The Juventus defender was caught by television replays during yesterday evening’s 1-0 win at Roma catching Miralem Pjanic in the face with his left arm, whilst jostling in anticipation of an Andrea Pirlo free-kick.

The player’s post-match interview saw him deny the incident was intentional and Il Messaggero today report that Italy Coach Prandelli is of the same opinion.

Prandelli has brought in a much-discussed code of ethics as part of his four years so far in charge of the national team, to encourage players to behave on the pitch or risk being omitted from future squads.

Whilst the likes of Dani Osvaldo and Daniele De Rossi have recently fallen foul of this, Il Messaggero report that, in approaching the World Cup, Chiellini will not, as Prandelli has reviewed his weekend incident and considers his action not violent, but involuntary.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Prandelli: Chiellini actions not violent

May 12, 2014

Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli does not believe Giorgio Chiellini’s elbow on Roma’s Miralem Pjanic was a violent act.

The Juventus man has today been banned for three Serie A matches by the Giudice Sportivo for the incident but the national boss takes a different view of proceedings.

“I have looked again and again at what Chiellini did,” Prandelli said to Ansa. “For me, it is not a violent act.”

The player is therefore expected to be named in the tactician’s provisional World Cup squad this week, as he will not fall foul of the 56-year-old’s code of ethics.

“Do I expect criticism for my decision? My code of ethics has been controversial for four years!” Prandelli half-joked.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti