Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Claudio Marchisio

130798 messaggi
imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Marchisio: Pogba is going to be a great player

The Italy international feels the former Manchester United starlet has a lot of quality,

while stating his delight with Sebastian Giovinco's return to the club.

Aug 20, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has taken the time to praise Juventus team-mate Paul Pogba, and believes the midfielder has a bright future ahead of him.

The French youngster left Manchester United for Juve on a Bosman move earlier this summer, and Marchisio is impressed with the 19-year-old so far.

"What do I make of Pogba? He's going to be a great player in the future. The boy has a lot of quality and he's come through a great academy like Manchester United's," Marchisio was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"He's got time on his side, he has to try and earn himself as much playing time as possible."

The Italy international then went on to voice his satisfaction with the return of Sebastian Giovinco at the Old Lady, and feels the attacker fits in perfectly at Juve.

"We won a lot in the academy together and we're winning together again now. Sebastian and I have played alongside each other many a time for the Primavera, at Empoli and this summer as well. He's come back here and slotted straight into the coach's playing system."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Giovinco and Pogba impress Marchisio

Aug 20, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has welcomed new signings Sebastian Giovinco and Paul Pogba to Italian champions Juventus.

Giovinco has returned to Turin after two years at Parma, while the French teenager has joined the Old Lady on a free from Manchester United.

“Sebastian and I have played alongside each other on many occasions for the Juve Primavera side, at Empoli and this summer as well with Italy,” the midfielder noted.

“He's come back here and slotted straight into the Coach’s playing system.

“As for Pogba, he’ll be an excellent player in the future. The boy has a lot of quality and he's come through a great academy like the one at Manchester United.

“He’s got time on his side, he has to try and earn himself as much playing time as possible.”

Italian football is renowned for sometimes not giving youth a chance. Giovinco himself was sent out on loan and then sold on a co-ownership basis because of a lack of opportunities in Turin.

“We have a large squad this season and there are lots of games ahead,” Marchisio continued.

“We'll have to be clever and make the most of our chances. There's room for everyone, if you deserve to play then you'll get games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio: It will be difficult to repeat Scudetto success

Juventus' midfielder urges patience for Giovinco and admits defending

the Serie A title will be a tough challenge this season.

Aug 27, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has dispelled any doubt that the Juventus squad are complacent going into this season's Serie A campaign and has asked for new signing Sebastian Giovinco to be given time to impress without comparisons made to former Old Lady legends.

New signing Giovinco was stretchered off with a suspected ankle problem in the final five minutes of Juve's opener versus his former club Parma, which has raised concerns over his potential absence.

"Giovinco and Del Piero? You cannot make comparisons, we have to allow Seba to prove his worth and hope that his injury is not serious," Marchisio told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

The 26-year-old Italy midfielder was handed the captain's armband for the champions' opening fixture in the absence of both Gianluigi Buffon and Giorgio Chiellini.

"I hope to play at Juventus for a long time, with or without the armband," explained Marchisio, affectionately known as the Prince.

"My attitude does not change, I would still raise my voice."

Marchisio and the rest of the Juventus squad, however, are not under any illusions regarding the task facing them this season.

"It will be more difficult than last year because our opponents know [how we play] and will close the spaces. The team is motivated and beating opponents hinges on the fact that we come back to win."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Asamoah a great

Aug 27, 2012

Claudio Marchisio says he expected new Juventus teammate Kwadwo Asamoah to make the right sort of impact against Parma.

The summer signing from Udinese made his League debut for the Bianconeri on Saturday and set up the first goal in the 2-0 win.

“I'm not at all surprised by how well Asamoah has settled in,” Marchisio commented. “He's got great physical and technical qualities – everything needed to be a success at Juventus.”

The Old Lady did take their time to settle against the Ducali, but a much-improved second half display saw them take the points.

“We won and that's what we wanted,” the Italian added. “We'll take the three points, but we know we have to keep on improving.

“I don't think there was much difference between the two halves because we did create chances when we increased the tempo in the first period.

“But we have to build on this and we should make the most of the fact that we don't have any Cup fixtures yet to work properly during the week and prepare for the next test.”

Juventus collected the win despite the 10-month touchline ban handed to boss Antonio Conte. Massimo Carrera steps in for him on match days.

“Conte is still important for us, but Carrera also has the experience and character to guide us during the game,” the former Empoli player concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Juve reject €60m for Vidal & Marchisio

Aug 28, 2012

Juventus reportedly rejected a €60m offer from Bayern Munich for Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio.

According to Tuttosport, the German club made contact with their Turin counterparts earlier this summer and they were ready to dig deep to net the duo.

Bayern boss Jupp Heynckes is understood to have been the architect behind the failed bid for the midfield two.

Juventus already rejected approaches from Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain for Vidal at the end of last season.

It’s also not the first time that Bayern have gone for the Chilean given that Juve pipped them to his signature in 2011 when Bayer Leverkusen made him available for transfer.

Marchisio, an Italian international, is a youth-team product and is considered as a future captain of the side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Juve focus on Udine

Aug 31, 2012

Claudio Marchisio says Juventus 'can't wait' for the Champions League, but insists they aren't looking beyond Sunday's opponents Udinese.

The Bianconeri, returning to Europe's premier club competition after three years away, have been drawn with Chelsea, Shaktar Donetsk and FC Nordsjaelland in Group F.

“On paper we can say its gone well, even though we can't underestimate any of our opponents,” an optimistic Marchisio told Filo Diretto. “We're most familiar with Chelsea, but the others are all quality sides.

“We respect everyone but fear no one. We want to give our all in the Champions League and and we can't wait to get going.”

First of all however, the reigning champions must travel to Udine, for a Sunday teatime kick off against an opponent hurting from their own failure to reach the Champions League.

“Udinese have been a competitive side for a number of years,” the midfield dynamo stated. “It’s a shame they’ve gone out of the Champions League, they played well against Braga and only missed out due to several incidents.

“They’ll try and convert their disappointment into motivation, and we’re aware that it won’t be easy to go and win at the Stadio Friuli.”

Marchisio made a point of praising Juve youngsters Luca Marrone and Paul Pogba. The former has acquitted himself well in an unfamiliar defensive role, whilst the latter has made quick progress since arriving from Manchester United.

“Pogba and Marrone have both done well. Pogba’s had an important football education at Manchester United and has a real future ahead of him.

“He’s got quality, personality and a great physique that reminds me of Vieira. He just needs to get used to our way of playing.

“Luca’s developed greatly working alongside Andrea Pirlo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio focused on Udinese clash

The Old Lady's return amongst Europe elite saw them land exciting matches against Chelsea

and Shakhtar Donetsk, but the midfielder has his sights solely on Serie A for now.

Aug 31, 2012

Juventus' Claudio Marchisio has not let the draw for the Champions League group stage affect his focus on a stern test against Udinese on Sunday.

The Bianconeri have not played in European competition for two seasons, but the Italy midfielder has eyes only for their Serie A clash with Francesco Guidolin's side, who were recently dumped out of the elite club tournament by Braga.

“Udinese have been a competitive side for a number of years,” the Euro 2012 finalist told Filo Diretto.

“It’s a shame they’ve gone out of the Champions League, they played well against Braga and only just missed out.

“They’ll try and convert their disappointment into motivation, and we’re aware that it won’t be easy to go and win at the Stadio Friuli.”

Juve were paired with Shakhtar Donetsk, Chelsea and Nordsjaelland in Group E of the 2012-13 Champions League on Thursday.

They opened the new league season with a 2-0 victory over Parma, while Udinese fell 2-1 to Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio wants Euro style Italy

Sep 11, 2012

Claudio Marchisio expects Italy to put in a performance against Malta in tonight’s World Cup qualifier.

The Azzurri started their Brazil 2014 campaign with a 2-2 draw in Bulgaria on Friday, but the display has been heavily criticised.

La Nazionale will revert back to a 4-3-1-2 system in Modena and the Juventus man is pumped up to silence their critics.

“The point in Bulgaria will be worth something,” he stated. “But, against Malta, we will have to re-find that conviction and style of play which took us from a disastrous World Cup in 2010 to the Final of Euro 2012.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio: I want to remain at Juventus my entire career

The Italy international is not interested in leaving his current club,

and feels the Bianconeri have one of the best midfields around in the game.

Oct 1, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has made it clear that he has no intention of leaving Juventus any time soon as he wants to remain at the same club for the remainder of his career.

The 26-year-old is a product of the Juve youth academy and has developed into a key player at the Serie A champions since his return to Turin after a one-year loan spell at Empoli in 2007-08.

"I am feeling very young and I have an ongoing contract with Juventus. My dream is that when my contract expires in 2016, Juve offer me another five-year deal to keep me here until 2021," Marchisio was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"People have likened me to Steven Gerrard, and I would love to be identified with only one team just like him."

Juventus' midfield of Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Marchisio has been described as one of the best in Europe, but the 28-cap international isn't sure whether they're the absolute best.

"I do not know of many midfields that are stronger than ours. You could think about Bayern, even though they have a different style of play than us.

"And then there's Spain, which brings forward Barcelona's midfield.

"This Champions League campaign will show where we stand and whether Arturo and I are at that level yet. Andrea has already conquered the world and proven his worth."

Marchisio will be looking to show what he can do on Tuesday, when Juventus host Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Armenia won’t be easy

Oct 12, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has warned his Italy teammates that there are no easy games in international football ahead of tonight’s Armenia tie.

After a 2-2 draw in Bulgaria and a 2-0 win over Malta, the Azzurri resume their World Cup qualifying campaign in a tie that the Juventus man is not underestimating.

“It’s a really important game,” stated the former Empoli man. “Not only do we want to get the win, but we want to put in a good performance too.

“Armenia are a well organised side and we will have to show them the utmost attention on the field of play. There are no easy games at top level.”

Italy struggled to impress last month, but the Euro 2012 player is optimistic that they’ll be sharper in their next two matches.

“We’ve got Armenia this week and Denmark on Tuesday, so we need to be ready for both matches,” he continued.

“We’re in good shape though, better than how we were before the encounters against Bulgaria and Malta.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio: Ballon d’Or nomination a great honour

The Italian midfielder shone at Euro 2012 and has been impressive for Antonio Conte's men

during their long unbeaten run while five other national team-mates are also shortlisted.

Oct 12, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has admitted he is honoured to be nominated for the Balon d'Or alongside some of the biggest names in world football.

The 26-year-old, through performances for both club and country has cemented his place as one of the best midfielders in Europe this year and is set to be nominated for the prestigious award.

And although the Bianconeri midfielder may not go on to win the accolade it is seeing his name alongside other elite footballer’s like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Iniesta that has filled him with joy.

He said: “It’s a great satisfaction to be on such a list as it means I’m doing well. It motivates me to improve for the future," he told Tuttosport.

Marchisio is not the only Italian set to be shortlisted, Juventus' Andrea Pirlo and Gianluigi Buffon, Roma's Daniele De Rossi, Udinese's Antonio Di Natale and Manchester City's Mario Ballotelli also appear on the panel and Marchisio says it shows Italian football is fighting back.

He continued: "Too often our country is mistreated. But if you look, only Spain has more people than us on the list."

Half the Azzurri nominations come from the midfield positions and Marchisio had words of affection for his Bianconeri team-mate Andrea Pirlo especially.

He added: "Attackers often make the difference, it is fair to honour them, but I should mention Pirlo, who has always been decisive this year."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio's father Golden Ball pride

Oct 13, 2012

Claudio Marchisio’s father is proud to see him in the Ballon d’Or long-list, but warns the Juventus midfielder “has to score 15 goals per season.”

The Italian international is among the 53 players in the running for the FIFA award after his performances in a Scudetto-winning campaign and Euro 2012.

“Seeing him in that list with Lionel Messi and co is an incredible feeling,” Stefano Marchisio told Tuttosport.

“I am almost more proud than he is. It is to be considered further recognition for all his hard work and sacrifices.

“I’ll be honest, when my son joined the Juventus youth academy, I didn’t expect all this. Unlike many parents who get into fights with the Coaches, I thought Juve would simply be a great experience and a way of growing up.

“As a child he would always go to bed at 9.30pm the day before a game, which was very tough for him to do. Now what weighs on him more is staying away from his family due to all the long journeys.

“Now that he is in the Ballon d’Or list, I’d love him to finish in the top 10. It would mean he is continuing to win with Juve and with Italy.

“Messi remains the greatest, then Andrea Pirlo, who was stunning last year on top of a fantastic career.

“Claudio is someone who can score 10-15 goals per season. If he played for Barcelona, he’d reach 15 comfortably, so I think he now ought to improve his consistency in front of goal.

“I would love to see my son in Bianconero for his whole life, just as he desires,” added Marchisio Senior.

“If one day Juve did decide to sell him, then I imagine he would only go to play abroad. I hope that doesn’t happen...”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Juve to assess Marchisio injury

Oct 17, 2012

Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio will undergo tests on Wednesday to assess the extent of his shoulder problem.

The midfielder picked up the issue in Italy’s 3-1 win over Denmark on Tuesday night in their World Cup qualifier.

Marchisio was eventually forced off with the injury and he’ll be examined by club doctors in Turin on Wednesday.

The Old Lady will be keen to get him back to full fitness as soon as possible given that joint leaders Napoli arrive at the Juventus Stadium on Saturday.

Azzurri medics were confidently predicting that Marchisio would be available for Serie A action once the championship resumes.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Juve and out for Marchisio

Oct 26, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has underlined that he hopes to spend the rest of his playing days with hometown club Juventus.

The midfielder is a product of the outfit’s youth system and has spent his entire career to date in black and white – apart from a loan spell at Empoli in 2007-08.

“Could I one day go and play my football abroad? You can never say never in life, but my intention is to stay here,” the Italian international noted.

“I want to play for Juventus for many more years, perhaps even reaching the records of Gigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero, and then end my career with the Bianconeri.”

Marchisio is now one of the most experienced players in Turin, but he’s not desperate to become the club captain – at least not for now.

“The captaincy here has always been based on age and appearances,” he continued. “Buffon has the armband for now and the vice-captain is Giorgio Chiellini, who has played more games for Juve than me.

“I’m not thinking about the armband, my objective is to play for and win trophies like we did last season.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus have Marchisio doubt

Oct 30, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte will have to decide whether to rest or play Claudio Marchisio in the game against Bologna.

The Italian international didn’t feature in the 1-0 win at Catania on Sunday because of an ankle problem.

Marchisio is thought to be available for tomorrow’s game, but he may not be risked given that Inter arrive in Turin on Saturday evening.

The 26-year-old has one goal in eight Serie A appearances so far this term.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio: Inter defeat a wake-up call for Juventus

The Italy international feels last Saturday's loss was not necessarily

a bad thing, while he has nothing but praise for Paul Pogba.

Nov 9, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has stated that Juventus' 3-1 defeat to Inter has made them realise they cannot afford to lose focus if they are to be successful.

The Bianconeri's 49-match unbeaten run in Italy's top flight came to an abrupt halt on Saturday, but Juve returned to winning ways against FC Nordsjaelland in midweek, and Marchisio has stressed the defeat to the Nerazzurri has only served to spur them on.

"The loss against Inter has shaken us awake, and brought back a certain determination that was missing in the past few games," Marchisio was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"In the Champions League you could see the Juve of last season again, the same conviction and will to win. You'll have to ask whether we're back after the match against Pescara, though. If we lose that game, it clearly wasn't a wake-up call."

The midfielder then went on to praise promising youngster Paul Pogba, and believes the Frenchman has a bright future ahead of him.

"That he's being compared to Patrick Vieira means he's doing well, but it's important not to get carried away. His physical characteristics might resemble Vieira, and his technique is perhaps even better, but he has yet to achieve what Vieira achieved.

"He is a humble guy, though, and I think that he has a bright future ahead of him. He always wants to play and I keep on telling him that he will get his chances. He is very mature, too. Growing up abroad might be an advantage as there's less pressure."

Pogba, 19, has made eight official appearances for his new club so far this season, netting twice in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

46546157729310904367157.jpg

Marchisio itching to face Chelsea

Nov 9, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio is refusing to think about Chelsea’s late goal against Ukraine’s Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Bianconeri smashed Nordsjaelland 4-0 on Wednesday, but could not conquer second place after Di Matteo’s men clinched a late 3-2 victory in their tie.

“A 2-2 draw would have been a better result for us, but we required a victory and that’s exactly what we got,” the midfielder noted.

“Our ambitions haven’t changed. With desire and concentration, we’ll give it a good go against Chelsea – knowing that we’ve also got the Shakhtar game remaining.

“We want to go through.”

The Italian international had a special night as he scored the opener which was his first goal in the Champions League.

“I’m happy about scoring my first goal in Europe, but above all for the result we got,” he commented.

The Italian champions will host Chelsea on November 20 before completing the group with an away trip to the Ukraine. They’ll need four points from their next two games to qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Marchisio: Juventus have no need to fear Chelsea

The Italy international is looking forward to next week's Champions League encounter,

and feels the Turin side have what it takes to get a good result on home soil.

Nov 13, 2012

Claudio Marchisio is confident that Juventus can get a positive result against Chelsea in order to secure progress to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

The reigning Serie A champions currently sit third in Group E, trailing joint leaders Shakhtar Donetsk and Chelsea by one point with two more games to go, and Marchisio has insisted that the Bianconeri don't fear the current trophy holders.

"If we take to the field as we have done in the last couple of last games, both in the Champions League and Serie A, then we certainly have no need to fear Chelsea," Marchisio told reporters.

"We didn’t fear them in the first encounter, when we found ourselves 2-0 down and fought back to draw.

"We’ll have great respect for the reigning European champions, but we’ll face them with the knowledge that we’ve grown considerably in the last year and have everything that’s needed to get through to the next round."

Juventus host Chelsea in Turin on Tuesday November 20.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio: Juve can succeed in Europe

Nov 13, 2012

Claudio Marchisio insists that his Juventus side have what is needed to become a major player on the European stage.

The Old Lady won the Scudetto last season and they currently lead the standings again thanks to a four-point cushion after 12 games.

However, things are a bit more difficult in the Champions League given that they need four points from their last two games against Chelsea at home and Shakhtar Donetsk away to reach the last 16.

“We are not short of anything to become a big team in Europe as well,” stated the Italian international midfielder.

“We just have to play with the same approach that we have shown in our last two games.”

Juventus’ 49-game unbeaten run in Serie A was ended by Inter recently, but they reacted to that with a 4-0 win over Nordsjaelland and a 6-1 thrashing of Pescara.

“We have what we need to get through the group stage of the Champions League,” he added. “We shouldn’t be scared of Chelsea and we didn’t fear them in the first game – not even after we went 2-0 down.

“We respect the European champions, but we are well aware that we have matured a lot over this last year and we’ll give it a go.”

Juventus will play Chelsea on Tuesday 20 November.

Meanwhile, Marchisio would not be drawn on the transfer speculation suggesting that Juventus could be interested in Manchester City’s Mario Balotelli.

“I love Mario and he is a great champion, but this is a question which you should put to the club directors…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
46 messaggi

Marchisio is my favourite player. Until the year in wich Juventus played in Serie B I Have believed in him

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vidal and Marchisio to extend?

Nov 23, 2012

Italian champions Juventus are reportedly ready to tighten their grip on Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio.

According to Tuttosport, the midfield duo are being looked at closely by the likes of Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and the two Manchester clubs.

It is also understood that Juventus turned down a multi-million Euro offer for the two men from Bayern Munich in the summer.

Aware of the interest in the pair, director general Beppe Marotta is willing to offer the men new improved contracts in Turin until June 2018.

Vidal, signed from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer of 2011, and Marchisio are committed to the Old Lady until June 2016.

Marchisio earns €3m a season, while Vidal is on €2.7m a campaign.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio-Bonucci: What bust-up?

Nov 26, 2012

Juventus teammates Claudio Marchisio and Leonardo Bonucci have taken to Twitter to deny claims of a bust-up.

Reports this morning suggested that the two exchanged words during the 1-0 loss against Milan, where it was alleged that Marchisio blamed the defender for the defeat.

“Leo, have you read about our supposed argument?” the Italian international midfielder wrote on Monday.

Bonucci responded to the Tweet. “I was left stunned too, we’ll see each other on the pitch,” the former Inter and Bari player stated.

Juventus re-tweeted both of the comments on their official Twitter timeline.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio: We can do better with Conte

Dec 14, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has admitted that the team can go from strength-to-strength now that Antonio Conte has returned from his ban.

The 43-year-old Coach came back from his touchline ban last weekend for the match against Palermo and the Bianconeri youth product has conceded that it was tough being without their boss.

“It is not easy to be without your Coach after winning a championship,” he told juventus.com. “Just after you've won something, that is the time you need a man to guide you.

“But we have grown up without him, and now he's back, we can do even better.”

He also commented on the team's aims for the upcoming season.

“We have achieved the first two objectives – to qualify from our Champions League group and to start well in the League.

“But now we are focused on the upcoming League games. We've got Atalanta and Cagliari to come, and although they may seem easy on paper, we have to give them the utmost respect.”

The 26-year-old concluded by remarking on who he believes will be the club's biggest rivals come May.

“Every week a different name comes forward. First it was Roma, then Napoli, then Inter. We know they will all be there or thereabouts, but we can only concentrate on ourselves.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio demands win at Cagliari

Dec 17, 2012

Juventus may already be Winter Champions, but Claudio Marchisio wants to end 2012 with another League win.

“Now we’ll think ahead to Friday’s game against Cagliari,” he stated after the 3-0 over Atalanta. “We’re after another victory in order to celebrate Christmas in the best possible way.”

Juve wasted little time in securing the three points on Sunday afternoon with a clinical first half display.

“We got off to a fantastic start, playing the type of game we were aiming for, with a ruthless approach and plenty of character,” the 26-year-old stated.

“Mirko Vucinic’s strike made the task easier, but the overall performance made a tough game much more straightforward.

“The tempo dropped in the second half, but it’s a good sign that the strikers kept going right until the end in search of a goal.”

The Old Lady are now seven points clear of second-placed Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marchisio on Balotelli, De Rossi & trophies

Dec 28, 2012

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has claimed that he wants to win at least one trophy with the team this season.

The Bianconeri won their 28th Scudetto last season, going the entire campaign unbeaten. And the 26-year-old has admitted that he would like to retain the title this year.

“I want 2013 to be at least equal to 2012,” he told Il Messaggero. “We have to raise at least one trophy.”

He also commented on the rumours that Mario Balotelli could move to the Old Lady, as well as revealing his friendship with Daniele De Rossi.

“I would have a question mark over Mario's move here,” he said. “Here, we have rules. He has tremendous talent, but I'm not sure whether he will be able to change here.

“De Rossi and I have so much in common. We came through the youth ranks at the team we supported. He is a true friend that has been built through the national team.

“Daniele should be the focus of the project at Roma. He is the image of the club, along with Totti.”

The Italy international then remarked on the comparisons between Juve and Barcelona, and also disclosed which striker he thinks the team should buy.

“Comparisons with Barca are nice, but they are exaggerated. The numbers speak for themselves.

“We are on the start of a path, trying to win playing spectacular but also purposeful football.

“I don't think there's any money for a striker, however, Karim Benzema is someone I liked even before he went to Real Madrid – he reminds me of the first Ronaldo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti