Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Fabio Paratici

130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Lotito personal attack'

Dec 5, 2014

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta slammed the “paradoxical” ruling that stops him suing Lazio President Claudio Lotito.

The incident occurred a few months ago, when Lotito made an off-colour joke about Marotta’s eye condition.

This week the FIGC accepted Lotito’s plea bargain and €10,000 fine, but also refused Marotta permission to sue the Lazio chief in a civil court for damages.

“I am frankly stunned, as it was purely a personal attack, completely unrelated to football. I thought the authorisation would be a formality,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s paradoxical that someone can offend another person and get a €10,000 fine, whereas if I sued him for the offensive comments then I could get banned for a year.

“As I said, it’s paradoxical, but this is our Federation. Will I stop the legal battle here? I don’t know, we will evaluate it.”

Anyone registered with the Federation must ask permission before taking legal action against any other members.

Marotta was speaking ahead of tonight’s Serie A clash with Fiorentina, which saw Max Allegri rotate the squad.

“Allegri sees the players every day, so can evaluate their performances and their characteristics. In any case, Juventus is a group of co-starters, so those who start are considered the best for this match.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Italy 'must understand Juve needs'

Dec 18, 2014

Juventus dg Beppe Marotta warned Antonio Conte and Italy that they aren’t forced to send players for get-togethers.

Since leaving Juve, Conte has been visibly irritated at the lack of co-operation from the Serie A clubs with the Nazionale.

He has requested get-togethers ahead of their next official match in March, but Juventus seem likely to pull out.

“People are trying to create controversy where there is none, as Juventus have a cordial and good rapport with the Federation,” Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“The needs of the Nazionale must also fit in with the needs of a club like Juventus, who are involved on numerous different fronts, including the Champions League in February.

“What we need is some common sense all round to understand the needs of everyone in this situation.”

Conte is currently on a tour of all the Serie A club training grounds, but is yet to visit Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus will sign a defender - Marotta

The club's director general has confirmed they are set to reinforce defensively
and could also move for a midfielder as they bid to reshape the side

Dec 27, 2014

Juventus will be active in the January transfer window according to the club's director general Beppe Marotta, who revealed they are in the market for a defender.

The Bianconeri are again in pole position in Serie A as they bid for a fourth consecutive Serie A title, but there will be no complacency in Turin with Roma hot on their heels.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri replaced Antonio Conte in July but Alvaro Morata was the only signing he made over the summer and a new defender is now the former Milan boss's priority as he begins to reshape the side in his vision.

Marotta told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport: "We will definitely sign a defender, but we're still considering whether to sign a full-back or a centre-back.

"Max (Allegri) is a different coach to [Antonio] Conte but has had to adapt to the squad that he found when he got here. To fully develop his work it is logical he needs to find his missing pieces.

"I won't mention any names at this stage but for sure we will hunt for the right opportunity. It is not easy because we can't deviate from certain economic parameters. Let's see and observe, we're scouting 24 hours a day."

Marotta was also asked whether Juve could look to add a further attacker to their ranks in a bid to ease the creative burden on Carlos Tevez.

"A lot will depend on what we decide to do with [sebastian] Giovinco," he replied.

Juve have won 12 of their opening 16 Serie A games, losing once, while scoring 34 goals and conceding just seven times - the best defensive record in the division.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Allegri silenced doubters'

Dec 27, 2014

Beppe Marotta said Max Allegri “proved the doubters wrong” at Juventus, but admits the Scudetto is “obligatory.”

The director general spoke to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport about a tumultuous six months in Turin, as Conte resigned unexpectedly just one day into pre-season training.

“Allegri proved the doubters wrong. We had to find ourselves a new Coach within 24 hours and Allegri also had to inherit a team formed by someone else,” said Marotta.

“The group was fresh from success, but he also brought the best out of the Juventus solidity and professionalism. I’d give Allegri and Juventus eight out of 10 for the season so far.

“Of course, a fourth consecutive Scudetto is obligatory for Juventus, but we also have what it takes to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

“We will sign a defender, though I don’t know yet whether it’s a centre-back or full-back.”

When Marotta arrived at Juve from Sampdoria, the team was struggling in seventh place.

“When we began this adventure, we never imagined reaching such results in a short space of time. The credit above all goes to Andrea Agnelli, who moulded Juve into a reference point for Italian football.

“Agnelli also defended my work after a difficult first season. He was convinced of his choices and I was able to act autonomously.

“I’d like to end my career at Juventus and do not see any alternatives right now.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus have been waiting
for Coppa Italia glory for too long - Marotta

The club director is eager to end their long wait for success in the tournament
in 2015, as well as see a fourth successive Scudetto and a quarter-final spot in Europe.

Dec 27, 2014

Juventus plan to end a 20-year wait to lift the Coppa Italia with victory in the competition this season, says director Beppe Marotta.

The Serie A leaders will return from the mid-season break in January top of the table and on course for a fourth successive league title.

Massimiliano Allegri's side are also in the last 16 of the Champions League, but Marotta has stressed the importance of winning the domestic cup competition.

Juve have not lifted the cup since 1995 – when they beat Parma 3-0 over two legs – but they are determined to end that drought in 2015.

"Our quest this year is the Italian Cup, the trophy we have been missing for far too long," he told La Gazzeta dello Sport.

"Juve have an obligation to claim a fourth consecutive league title, as we had a duty to join in the second round of the Champions League.

"And I think we have what it takes to reach at least the quarter-finals [in Europe]."

Juve will make their bow in this season's Coppa Italia on January 15 when they face Verona in the round of 16.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Roma forget errors'

Jan 6, 2015

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta blasted Rudi Garcia for “forgetting” the incidents that went Roma’s way.

Over the winter break Garcia continually referred to the contentious 3-2 defeat in Turin, but today secured a 1-0 victory away to Udinese thanks to a ‘phantom’ goal.

“Clearly we have always been in favour of goal-line technology, as it would remove the kind of doubts we saw today in Udinese-Roma,” a visibly irritated Marotta told Sky Sport Italia.

“In recent weeks Garcia repeatedly went back over the game against us, forgetting that many other incidents occurred in Roma’s games since then.

“He ought to take into account that referees are human beings. I won’t comment on today’s incident, as the League will be won by the best team and the one that will be most balanced when dealing with refereeing decisions.

“We must weaken the conjecture that can lead to favouritism.”

This was a reference to a comment by Udinese patron Giampaolo Pozzo, who said Garcia and Roma were now “reaping the rewards” of their complaints about referees.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Sneijder on our terms'

Jan 6, 2015

Beppe Marotta revealed Wesley Sneijder wants to join Juventus, but they’ll only buy him from Galatasaray “on our terms.”

The director general spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of tonight’s Derby d’Italia with Inter.

“I must say Sneijder is a talented player and one whose characteristics are congenial with our tactical system,” said Marotta.

“There isn’t a genuine negotiation in place yet, as we only got information on the player’s intentions. If we have the opportunity to get him on our terms, then that’s fine.

“Galatasaray want big money that we absolutely do not intend on spending. In the January market you seek opportunities. We already have a satisfying squad, so if impressive opportunities arise, then we will grab them, but at the moment there are none.

“We are not in an emergency situation, so are in no rush to buy.”

Sneijder’s agent claimed that Galatasaray would only release the Dutch international for his buy-out clause, which is €20m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

What does Juventus really lack
to challenge for the Champions League?

Jan 7, 2015

Rumours of Xherdan Shaqiri joining Juventus?

Checked.

Rumours of Wesley Sneijder joining Juventus?

Checked.

Rumours of Xherdan Shaqiri not joining Juventus?

Checked again.

All Juventini choir-singing "In Marotta we trust"?

Yes, I’ve checked that one as well.

Rumours, rumours and more rumours — football fans love them. This writer does not, but there is nothing one can do when one is fed with transfer news at breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner and supper. In this bleak period of time when we are deprived of the right to watching football — and please, do not throw that "footballers are humans as well, they need to rest" phrase at me, because it is not working — news about players leaving and joining teams, persuaded by greedy agents and wives who can’t have enough of poor footballer’s wages, are too common a business.

"It is reported that" seems to be the most used expression of these days. And, in all fairness, it started to inherit a more mystical air than Top Gear’s Stig introduction "some say...". Every single time you see some news opening up with it, you know something good is coming up, isn’t it right? Waking up to the news Paul Pogba is to be sold and replaced with Radamel Falcao, Miranda, Ramires and Mats Hummels was just the treat. The only thing missing was something on Cristiano Ronaldo moving a step closer to Juventus, as the club has an agreement with Irina Shayk for the signature of the Portuguese.

So it is January — that time of the year when Juventus are looking to add a top-class striker but they end up with a Nicolas or a Nicklas. In all honesty, deals like these can no longer be part of a club whose ambitions are European glory or getting as close to it as possible. Beppe Marotta has done some great things since taking his role in 2010 but Juventus need a little bit more from him in order to have something to say in Europe.

I know, I know. The economic situation of Italy doesn’t allow Juventus to be financially competitive with the best clubs out there and Juventus don’t have the resources to invest in a top player for the club can’t pay such high wages. I get it, alright?! You don’t have to repeat it every time I ask for just a bit more.

One thing I don’t get, however, one thing that baffles me, is how could Dortmund and then Atletico Madrid play a Champions League final without a huge budget? It is an interesting subject considering the upcoming fixture between the German side and Juve in the round of 16.

What have they done and Juventus haven’t? Both teams relied on a fantastic striker — Robert Lewandowski and Diego Costa — but Carlos Tévez has been playing some great football this season as well. It might have been the force of the group that took Dortmund and Atletico so far but the Old Lady is not gambling on individuals either. What about their coaches and mentality, you may ask? Well, this could have been the key factor. Now and then, both Jurgen Klopp and Diego Simeone give the impression they grew up taming lions, not kicking a ball on the pavement and their teams adopted that attitude as well. More than anything, mentality brought these teams so close to lifting the Champions’ League trophy and Juventus can learn from them.

So until Max Allegri spends some time on a safari, getting a grip on the basics of taming wild animals, Marotta has to come up with something good in the transfer market — a starter, if it is possible. Not Sneijder, if it is possible. Do people really think Sneijder can bring anything new to the current side? He will be cup-tied, 31 years old in June and most certainly will lose a gear or two by next year. Shaqiri, on the other hand, is 23, quick, eager to prove his worthiness, has great technique and he is also cup-tied. It’s not easy to find somebody who can bring a plus this month — don’t even mention Alessandro Diamanti. January transfers rarely work out as well as planned and if anything, Marotta has shown so far he’s not ready to risk.

And I don’t blame him — I wouldn’t risk in January, either. What Marotta has done brilliantly so far was keeping players like Pogba, Arturo Vidal and Stephan Lichtsteiner in the squad and the same thing should happen in the summer as well. But there was always that something Juventus lacked to move one step further and be a success in Europe, not only in Italy: whether it was mentality, or missing out on a few top targets on the transfer market, or both. In a way or another, this has to change and I don’t care if Allegri or even Marotta must leave. Nobody is bigger than the club.

PS

I’m realistic. They don’t stand a sodding chance.

PPS

Football proved us wrong many times before and, having mentioned Dortmund and Atletico Madrid, I wouldn't mind this happening again now.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'No major Juve buys'

Jan 11, 2015

Juventus director Beppe Marotta insists there will be “no major signings” in the transfer window, including Neto.

The director general spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of tonight’s big Serie A match against Napoli.

“Tonight the performance will be more important than the points, as we must react after the Super Cup defeat in Doha. There’s a long way to go this season and it’s not decisive, but in terms of confidence it could be.”

Marotta was asked about transfer gossip, including a proposed bid for Fiorentina outcast goalkeeper Norberto Neto.

“The January window is to repair squads and we do not need repairing. We will only see if there are any good opportunities. We thought Wesley Sneijder was an opportunity, but when Galatasaray put the veto on this move we looked elsewhere.

“We are not in talks for Neto. In defence there have been some recent injuries, but Caceres is recovered and Barzagli is on his way back.

“Do I deny interest in Rolando and Mkhitaryan? I won’t deny or confirm, they are just hypotheses.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: ‘Unacceptable Napoli words’

Jan 12, 2015

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta has slammed Napoli after comments made following the Bianconeri’s win yesterday.

The Old Lady secured a 3-1 victory at San Paolo on Sunday evening, but the Partenopei were less than impressed, with both President Aurelio De Laurentiis and Coach Rafa Benitez intimating that referees had favoured the champions.

“We are proud of the performance,” Marotta told Mediaset in the wake of the game.

“We gave a committed, extraordinary performance for a transparent and well-deserved victory.

“Transparent, and followed by utterances that I disagree with. Every time Juventus win, and we get a decision in our favour it’s interpreted with suspicion. Bad decisions happen with other teams too.

“The team that wins the League will be the best team, over a season decisions going for and against you even out. I haven’t spoken to De Laurentiis.

“I want to give credit to Napoli, a great team, and I respect De Laurentiis but every time that Juve win we’re accused of stealing and it’s something I firmly reject because it’s unacceptable.

“Caceres being offside by millimetres reduces our performance to a series of incidents, and there’s no doubt that’s unfair on the club and the Coach.”

“It was a well deserved victory against a Napoli side who played well, our club should be proud.”

The Juventus director also addressed rumours linking the club with Mario Balotelli, insisting the Liverpool man will not be arriving in Turin.

“We’re not looking at Balotelli, he is not a player who we’re willing to try to move for. Balotelli is not what we’re looking for.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve on Pogba and Giovinco

Jan 18, 2015

Beppe Marotta denied knowledge of Sebastian Giovinco’s Toronto FC move and said Paul Pogba is “resisting” big offers.

The general manager spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of tonight’s Serie A match against Verona.

“We are accustomed to putting together a squad during the summer. We are not in any emergency situation, so there’s no need to sign anyone in January.

“Of course if a good opportunity was to present itself, then we would take it, but at the moment I don’t see any.”

There are strong reports in Canada that Giovinco has already agreed a contract with Toronto FC for June, when he’ll be a free agent.

“We are not aware of these negotiations, either officially or off the record.”

This week Pogba’s agent said Juventus would struggle to keep hold of him for long and Marotta confessed there is some truth to that.

“A positive transfer strategy also means not bowing down to the proposals of huge clubs. Pogba is sought-after, but he has resisted and will try to resist. Our intention is to buy important players and not sell them.

“As of today there is nothing to suggest Pogba will go to another club, but we cannot compete with the wages that are being proposed. We have certain financial goalposts.

“Paris Saint-Germain? No, there hasn’t been any contact.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte to visit Juventus

Jan 19, 2015

Giuseppe Marotta confirms Antonio Conte will return to Juventus this week - for a visit in his role as Italy CT.

Conte spent three seasons on the Juventus bench, guiding the Bianconeri to the Scudetto in each of those seasons, and achieving a record points total last year.

However, the former midfielder dramatically quit the club in pre-season, before taking up the role as Azzurri CT. The Coach has been visiting Serie A clubs throughout the season, and will this week make a return to Vinovo.

“This week will see him [Conte] at Vinovo again,” the Juventus director general confirmed.

“It will be Thursday or Friday.

“The relationship with Conte is great, and we really want to help his work with the national team. However, we have a lot of commitments on our calendar.”

Conte has requested more time for Italy training camps, but it is thought that Juventus will refuse to release their players.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Ancelotti telling a 'white lie' over Pogba - Marotta

The European champions' boss says they are not interested in the France international
but a senior official at the Bianconeri claims he is being disingenuous.

Jan 19, 2015

Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has accused Carlo Ancelotti of telling a "white lie" and claims Real Madrid are interested in Paul Pogba.

The Juve star has been heavily linked with a move away from Serie A in recent months with Madrid one of the few clubs who could put together a financial package big enough to tempt him from Turin.

Ancelotti, though, has ruled out the possibility of his side making a move for the highly-rated France international, insisting they have no interest in bringing him to the Spanish capital.

"I think Pogba is a great player," he told Sky Italia. "He can play in any team in the world, but not for Real Madrid because he is not a player who interests us."

However, Marotta insists the Madrid boss is telling a "white lie", claiming Ancelotti has already approached Juve to ask about the former Manchester United midfielder.

"Ancelotti asked me some questions about Pogba," he said to Sky Italia. "He says he's not interested? Well, that's a white lie. I'm sure he has his reasons to say it's not true."

Marotta stressed Juventus will do all they can to ensure the player stays at Juve for as long as possible, but is realistic over the potential salary the midfielder could command elsewhere.

"We will do everything within out limits to hold on to Pogba, but we must not forget Italy is a country in transition," Marotta added.

"The problem we have is that of offers coming in from other clubs offering him a salary that we are not able to match due to our financial situation.

"At the moment, there's no reason to believe that Pogba will definitely leave Juventus for another team, but we have to bear in mind that we cannot compete with the wages that are being paid elsewhere. We have our limits."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marotta: Juventus To Spend Deadline Day
Looking For Giovinco Replacement

Feb 1, 2015

JMarotta - Juventusuventus general director Giuseppe Marotta has assured fans of the club that the Bianconeri will spend the last day of the transfer window in search of a striker.

The Serie A champions have just three recognised senior strikers in the current squad, but Marotta insists that the club management have prioritised the reinforcement of the attacking department before the transfer window’s end on Monday.

“There is still some uncertainty about the immediate future”, admitted the Italian to Sky Sport Italia.

“One day left at the end of the market, we are evaluating opportunities and decisions internally, such as Sebastian Giovinco.”

Speaking of replacements for Giovinco, who is widely expected to have his move to Major League Soccer side Toronto FC brought forward to this window, Marotta had a name in mind.

“Pablo Osvaldo? We will certainly replace Giovinco but the decision will be tomorrow.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Lotito feudal system'

Feb 15, 2015

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta slammed Lazio President Claudio Lotito for creating a “feudal system.”

Marotta spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of tonight’s game against Cesena at the Stadio Manuzzi.

“We always know that we have to get the best out of every game, regardless of other results. This is a dangerous fixture, partly because of the turf and partly as Cesena are fighting for survival, so will give their all.”

The subject quickly turned to Lotito, who made very controversial comments in a taped phone call and doubled down on them in the Corriere della Sera today.

Lotito even said Juventus President Andrea Agnelli “hates me” and is trying to hold back the renewal of Serie A.

“Firstly, our President was one of those most eager to suggest a process of renewal a long time back and considered Tavecchio’s plans to be unsuitable,” noted Marotta.

“I ask what message can we send to our young people when there is a total lack of respect for other individuals. I feel like we’ve gone back to Medieval times with a feudal system and consolidated power.

“The way certain comments emerged are to be condemned, but Lotito’s ideas are very serious, especially coming from a Federation Counsellor. He said the Lega Serie A President counts for nothing and called the Lega Serie B President a cretin.

“We contributed to outlining a project of reformation for our football, but we are not happy with the people who are taking this forward.”

There has been a surprising silence or even support from other Serie A Presidents, so Marotta warns it will be difficult to get Lotito or FIGC President Carlo Tavecchio out.

“Sport is a valuable asset in Italian life, so I hope politicians can come forward and make a difference. Right now all Juventus can do is cast one vote in the Lega Serie A meetings. I fear we cannot do anything from within, so this requires political intervention from the outside to change matters.

“Perhaps clubs are too focused on individual interests and not what is best for Italian football as a whole. This is why we get into these situations every time it comes to dividing up television rights and other funds.

“The scenario we are faced with is frightening and overseas they laugh at us for our constant arguments, sniping and insults. It is unacceptable that someone representing the Federation says these things.”

Lotito also said it would be “a disaster” if Carpi and Frosinone were promoted from Serie B, raising question marks over future results.

“I doubt Lotito is so powerful as to alter results, but he is in a position to make smaller clubs feel nervous when he says these things.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Government should intervene after
Claudio Lotito claims - Beppe Marotta

Feb 16, 2015

Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta has called on the Italian government to shake up the power structure of Italian football.

His comments came after Lazio president Claudio Lotito claimed the presidents of the Lega Serie A and Serie B do not do any work and called Serie B chief Andrea Abodi "a cretin."

Pino Iodice, the sporting director of third-tier side Ischia, recorded a telephone conversation with Lotito in which the Lazio president made his remarks.

Lotito also said that if clubs such as Carpi, Frosinone or Latina were promoted to Serie A, TV companies would refuse to pay for the rights because they would no longer be attractive enough.

The Lazio president, who is Italian FA (FIGC) president Carlo Tavecchio's right-hand man and an advisor to the Lega Serie A, has been widely condemned for his words but is unlikely to face any consequences.

And that has sparked an angry response from Marotta, who told Sky Sport Italia: "Juve only get one vote in the [italian football] assembly, and we have got to accept democracy.

"But it seems like we've fallen back into medieval times, or more precisely into times of feudalism. We do not share these values, and I think that says it all.

"I think a change from within is impossible, which is why maybe something has to be done externally by the government."

He said he believed "the scenario in which respect for people no longer exists" concerned him.

"We are worried, and we said it already in September, about too much power being placed in the hands of one single person -- I'm referring to Lotito," he added. "It's dangerous.

"To say [Lega Serie A president Maurizio] Beretta doesn't count for anything and that Abodi is a cretin is something very damaging to come from an FA advisor. We do not agree with this way of doing things."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marotta: Pogba Not For Sale

Feb 28, 2015

Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has stated that midfielder Paul Pogba is not for sale.

The French international has been linked with Europe’s premier clubs such as Real Madrid and Manchester United of late, but Marotta insists that the Bianconeri are not willing to sell him.

“In football, you should always set the bar high,” he told giornalaccio rosa TV. “We’ve won three straight Serie A titles, and we definitely aren’t willing to stop there.

“We’re always looking to strengthen the squad, and Pogba is one of our best players.

“Of course, we must balance it out between the football needs and economic needs but we haven’t received an offer for Pogba, nor are we looking for potential buyers.

“We aren’t thinking of selling him at any costs, we aren’t in search for offers.

“His value? It depends on the buyers, but I think it can reach a large amount.”

The former Sampdoria sporting director then stated that only Empoli defender [Daniele] Rugani will surely move to the Bianconeri in the summer, as well as speaking about Gianluigi Buffon’s replacement.

“There are many players we’re interested in but the only player who we are sure is going to wear the Juve shirt is Rugani,” he said.

“Cavani? He’s a great player, and PSG bought him for a very high price; of course, we’d like him but the market is complicated.

“As for Verratti, we failed to sign him when he was at Pescara so we opted for Pogba instead, however all of this talk about possible transfers is akin to fantasy football.

“We were very close to signing Radamel Falcao in the summer, but now things have changed.

“The only person who can replace Buffon at this point is Leali [on loan to Cesena], but replacing Buffon is difficult, because keepers like him come every 50 years.

“He’ll keep on playing until he wants to.”

Marotta then went on to speak about the club’s relationship with Carlos Tevez, who has been linked with a move away from the Bianconeri as soon as his contract expires in June 2016.

“The relationship with Tevez is excellent, he’s fully absorbed the Juventus mentality,” he said.

The Bianconeri are currently top of the Serie A table with a nine point lead over second place Roma, and are still in both the Coppa Italia and UEFA Champions League, and the 57-year-old spoke about the criticism the board received for appointing Massimilano Allegri in place of Antonio Conte in the summer.

“Allegri in place of Conte? I still remember the criticism we received when we hired Allegri, executives sometimes must make unpopular choices,” he added.

Marotta voiced his opinion about the recorded phonecalls between Ischia Isolaverde sporting director Pino Iodice and Lazio president and FIGC chief adviser Claudio Lotito, where the latter said that sides like Carpi and Frosinone would ruin the quality of Serie A due to their limited fanbases.

“It’s resounding that the FIGC decided to back him [Lotito] and not us, even after all he said,” he started.

“We requested the intervention of the Italian Olympic Committee following the Iodice-Lotito phonecalls, these things ruin Italy’s footballing reputation.”

Finally, the Juve sporting director voiced his opinion on Monday’s encounter against second place Roma, as well as speaking about the side’s chances of advancing to the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals after a 2-1 Round of 16 defeat of Borussia Dortmund in the first leg in Turin.

“We’re going to Roma to win,” he said. “We’re aware of our strength, but we mustn’t think that the Scuetto race is over, even if we’re leading Serie A by a big margin.

“I believe we can progress to the quarter finals of the Champions League, I’d say we have a 60% chance.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus And Marotta To Convince Tevez To Stay In Italy

Mar 3, 2015

Juventus director Giuseppe Marotta has spoken of his desire to keep leading goal scorer Carlos Tevez at the club.

The 57-year-old re-iterated the player’s value to the club just prior to this side’s game against second placed Roma on Monday evening.

Speaking to Sky Sport Italia, the Italian businessman was keen to respond to rumours of a Carlos Tevez exit.

“Tevez? I would like to keep him,” said Marotta. “Both he and Buffon should earn respect for what they represent. They are serious professionals and great players.”

Marotta, who has been with Juventus since 2010, also responded to recent comments by Antonio Cassano that he has rejected advances from the club four times.

The Italian denied all knowledge of this saying: “Certainly not in my management.”

The director also encouraged the Bianconeri to continue to fight to win this season’s Scudetto.

“There are still many games and many points available, there is a risk of losing. Today we will honour the role of leaders and look for consistency in our results.”

Juventus have won three Serie A titles since Marotta joined the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve were close to Verratti'

Mar 14, 2015

Beppe Marotta reveals Juventus were “very close” to Marco Verratti before PSG pounced, but they “won’t open talks” for Paul Pogba.

The Bianconeri had been on the verge of taking a then-teenage Verratti from Serie B side Pescara in 2012.

“We had contact with him that summer he went to Paris Saint-Germain, but we had just signed Pogba and had other more urgent requirements,” Marotta told Radio Deejay.

“Then PSG’s offer arrived and we were unable to match it, but the negotiations had been at a very advanced stage. We were very close.”

Now Pogba is thought to be worth up to €100m, though Juventus continue to slam the door on all offers.

“His worth is also dictated by potential buyers. He has many of those, but we are the ones who won’t open talks because if we want to raise the bar then that means focusing on players like him.

“There are certainly clubs prepared to pay €70m-€80m for Pogba.”

As for Andrea Pirlo, Marotta notes Juve are trying to keep him in Turin.

“He has given a great deal to Juventus and his contract runs until 2016. When he decides to quit, we will respect that, but we also hope he’ll want to stay with us beyond that date.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Marotta: Juventus Gave Up On Gabbiadini

Mar 14, 2015

Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta spoke about Juventus’ decision to allow Gabbiadini to move to Serie A rivals Napoli, stating the Bianconeri had to give up on the forward.

Gabbiadini had been co-owned by both Juventus and Sampdoria, with Napoli buying up 100 per cent of the player’s right when they completed his €13 million signing in January.

Marotta spoke in an interview explaining that, with Juventus’ interest in other players, the Bianconeri had to make tough decisions and renounce on Gabbiadini.

“We are looking at what is around and how to bolster our attacking line,” Marotta said to Radio Deejay.

“[For example] We like Dybala, who is a great young talent with great value; other players like [simone] Zaza and [Domenico] Berardi are also being monitored, as well as we already have [Alvaro] Morata.

“Therefore we had to make a choice and give up on Gabbiadini because we cannot have too many players in the same age group.”

Gabbiadini has had a great start to his Napoli career, with the 23-year-old scoring three goals in eight matches to add to his 10 goals with Sampdoria in the first half of the season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Paul Pogba will not be leaving
Juventus, says Giuseppe Marotta

Mar 16, 2015

Juventus are ready to resist big offers from top European clubs for midfielder Paul Pogba this summer.

The Turin outfit have no interest in selling Pogba, 22, who has impressed hugely since arriving in 2012 after leaving Manchester United as a free agent.

The France international has been strongly linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain at the end of the season, while Chelsea, Manchester City, Barcelona and Real Madrid are also reportedly keen to acquire his services.

"There are clubs that are ready to spend 70 to 80 million euros for Pogba," Juventus general director Giuseppe Marotta told Italian radio station Radio Deejay.

"There are many suitors for Pogba, but we do not want to open negotiations and we want him to stay with us. If we want to increase our level, we need players of great quality and Pogba is one of them."

Pogba, who is under contract until June 2019, has scored seven goals and set up two more in 22 Serie A appearances this season to help Juve remain on course for their fourth successive Scudetto.

Marotta, meanwhile, did reveal that Juve are keeping tabs on Palermo striker Paulo Dybala.

Dybala, 21, has caught the eye this season for the Sicilian outfit, scoring 12 goals while providing seven assists in 27 league games.

"Dybala is a very interesting youngster, who not only has attracted our attention but [that] of other teams too," Marotta said. "We are looking to see what is out there in order to form a strong attacking line."

Dybala moved to Palermo in 2012 from home-town club Instituto and helped them gain promotion to Italy's top flight in the 2013-14 campaign.

He turned down a contract extension earlier this year and becomes a free agent in June 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Juve win without Pogba'

Mar 22, 2015

Beppe Marotta pointed out Juventus beat Borussia Dortmund “without Paul Pogba,” but denied negotiations.

The transfer guru spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of the Serie A meeting with Genoa.

“We had a specific objective when starting a new era with President Andrea Agnelli, which was to put Juventus back where they belonged, at the top of European football,” said Marotta.

“From season to season we climbed the positions. Being in the Champions League quarter-final is a reward for the maturity and professionalism of all involved.”

Pogba limped off during the opening minutes of their 3-0 win at Borussia Dortmund and will be out of action for seven weeks.

Marotta was asked whether reaching the semi-final would convince the 22-year-old Frenchman to stay.

“We are here celebrating a victory achieved by a team, a team that played without Pogba,” he noted.

“This means football is a team sport and not just about individuals. The value of individual players is important, but the attitude of the group and club are decisive.

“We’ve already discussed Pogba’s future many times. He exploded on to the scene rapidly, we want to win and do not necessarily have to sell our young champions. That’s it.

“Clearly a young player of such quality is going to attract interest from more prestigious clubs than us at this moment, but we are not looking for buyers. We have had no talks.

“The more champions you have in your squad, the more likely you are to win, but there are other important components too.

“We try to unite the two elements, giving the group a winning mentality and also taking advantage of market opportunities.

“We continue our objective of improving, as we have done over the years. The squad must be competitive, made up of champions and players who might be less prestigious, but are just as important.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus say Napoli wrong to question Serie A officiating

Mar 23, 2015

Juventus' general manager Beppe Marotta has criticised Napoli's talk of the league being falsified due to alleged refereeing mistakes in their 1-1 draw with Atalanta on Sunday.

Napoli were furious with the refereeing of Gianpaolo Calvarese which they claim cost them victory against the Bergamese side, and may also cost them a place in the Champions League next season. A similar row was kicked up by Roma following their defeat to Juventus earlier this season and Marotta says it is something which must end.

"Talking about the referees all the time and never being self-critical is a typical Italian trait," he said at a meeting of Serie A clubs and referees in Rome on Monday, reports Mediaset. "I'm not going to go into the incidents in Naples.

"We've reached the stage where this adjective ["falsified"] is being used each time there is a refereeing mistake. Over the course of a season, incidents in favour and against level out. In the end, it's always the best team who wins."

That has been Marotta's Juventus in each of the last three seasons while, with a 14-point advantage at the top with 10 games of the current campaign remaining, the Bianconeri are set to emerge superior once again.

Those are the only statistics that will be remembered and not the odd disputable refereeing decision which Marotta says is totally natural and bereft of any ulterior motive.

"I think human error is acceptable," he continued. "It's only in Italy where every Monday is spent talking about these kind of things."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Beppe Marotta confirms Daniele Rugani will be
part of Juventus' squad next season

Apr 5, 2015

Daniele Rugani has done very little wrong this season, his first in Serie A. Whether it's the fact he hasn't been shown a yellow card at all in his 29 starts or that he's seemingly assimilated perfectly to Serie A at the age of 20, the young center back has continued to do nothing but impress us week in and week out.

It has led a lot of people to believe that Rugani will be back with Juventus, the club he essentially grew up, as early as the beginning of next season. And guess what? It's more than something that just makes sense. As Beppe Marotta confirmed before Juventus' 2-0 win over Empoli on Saturday, Rugani will be a Juve player when next season gets underway.

"Empoli are a reference point for youth in Italian football and have always churned out some very interesting players. Among these is Rugani, who we have bought and will be part of the Juventus squad next season."

(Source: Football Italia)

Based on his personal past, Rugani would far from object to have Juventus in his future — no matter who else comes calling with eyes agaze with any kind of potential transfer interest.

"Wenger wanted me? It's gratifying to know that such a great Coach was interested. But honestly I'm glad to have been redeemed by Juventus, I've been a Juventino since childhood and I hope to stay in Turin for 10 years."

(Source: Football Italia)

Just 10 years, kid? I'd be cool with 12 or 15, but that's just me nit-picking the whole situation at this point.

With the way he has developed and adapted to life in Italy's top flight, there's no doubt Rugani has put himself in position to be both a key cog in both Juventus' and the Italian national team's defense for years to come. The defenders ahead of him for both club and country aren't getting any younger, which means exactly what you think it means.

Who knows exactly at this point what kind of role Rugani will have within the Juventus squad next season. But what we do know is that he will be in Turin next season and clearly prepared to make the jump into Italy's best team. That's just what happens when you're a 20-year-old kid and play consistently excellent in your first Serie A season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130868 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Marotta: 'Boca outlandish on Tevez'

Apr 18, 2015

Juventus director Beppe Marotta blasted Boca Juniors for “outlandish” claims Carlos Tevez will leave Turin early.

Marotta spoke to Sky Sport Italia ahead of tonight’s match against Lazio. Click here to follow our LIVEBLOG.

Boca patron Daniel Angelici said on Friday that Tevez was “closer” to a return and would try to terminate his contract by mutual consent this summer.

“The Boca Juniors President made some outlandish statements and must respect both our club and the player’s intentions.

“Tevez has never said he wants to leave before his contract expires. He might have nostalgia for his home club, but that doesn’t mean he’ll quit Juve before 2016.”

This morning Tevez's agent also criticised Angelici for "playing" with the emotions of both Juve and Boca fans.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti