Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

10 - Paul Pogba

130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pirlo and Marchisio impress Pogba

Jul 11, 2012

Paul Pogba is excited by the prospect of playing in a Juventus midfield alongside Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio.

The 19-year-old is set to soon be confirmed as a player in Turin after opting against renewing his contract with Manchester United.

“There are three players in Italy who have truly impressed me,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “They are Pirlo, Marchisio and Milan’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“Pirlo is a great player and I, like him, can play in front of the defence.”

Pogba is a highly-rated youngster who says that he has similarities with former Arsenal and Juventus ace Patrick Vieira.

“I would say that my style of play is inspired by Vieira, but I want to make my own mark in the game,” he added.

Pogba is still a relatively inexperienced player, but he insists that he has been taught a lot since his 2009 move to Old Trafford from Le Havre.

“When you want to be the best and train with the best you progress a lot,” continued the France youth international.

“I would say that I'm more mature because I've been playing with the best,” he added. “I've learnt a lot.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba ready for Juve medical

Jul 26, 2012

There are reports Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba will arrive in Turin tonight to undergo a medical with Juventus.

The 19-year-old is a free agent after his contract with United expired last month and has long had an agreement in place with the Bianconeri.

According to Sky Sport Italia, the French youngster will arrive in Turin this evening and undergo his medical with Juve staff on Friday.

Pogba can then put pen to paper on the new contract.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba undergoes Juve medical

Jul 27, 2012

Another transfer saga is close to completion after Juventus confirmed that Paul Pogba is having his medical on Friday.

The 19-year-old arrived at the Clinica Fornaca in Turin this morning to start tests ahead of his anticipated switch to the Old Lady.

Pogba is a French youth international midfielder who has opted to join Juve after turning down the offer of a new contract at Manchester United.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Pogba undergoes Juventus medical

The France Under-19 international is on the verge of joining the Serie A champions,

as he is currently in Turin to undergo his physical tests before putting pen to paper.

Jul 27, 2012

Juventus have confirmed on their official website that promising youngster Paul Pogba has arrived at the club to undergo a medical ahead of his proposed transfer.

The 19-year-old midfielder left Manchester United earlier this summer after deciding not to extend his expiring contract, and he is now one step closer to completing his long-awaited move to the Serie A champions.

Pogba is seen as one of the biggest talents in his age category, and Juventus have pinpointed the midfielder as an important player for the future.

The France Under-19 star is expected to ink a long-term deal with the Bianconeri once he passes his medical.

Pogba is a product of the Le Havre youth academy, but left the French side for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.

He made his Premier League debut against Stoke City in January 2012, but will now continue his career in the Italian top flight.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Juventus confirm Pogba deal

The Frenchman has completed his long-awaited move to the Serie A champions

from Manchester United after a protracted saga concerning his Old Trafford future.

Aug 3, 2012

Juventus have announced on their official website that they have completed the signing of Paul Pogba from Manchester United.

The 19-year-old had already featured for the Bianconeri in the club's 1-1 friendly draw against Benfica, but only now have the Serie A champions announced the deal.

Pogba has signed a four-year deal which will keep him at Juventus until 2016 after his contract with the Red Devils expired at the end of last season.

"I am very happy to be here, it is a real honour," he told Juventus' website. "I have been told that there is a very good standard of play and the fans support their favourites.

"I hope they take me and support me in the same way."

Pogba, an Under-19 international for France, is a product of the Le Havre youth academy, but left the French side for Manchester United in the summer of 2009.

He made his Premier League debut against Stoke City in January 2012, but he found playing opportunities very hard to come by at Old Trafford, but only lined up in three top-flight games for Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Pogba wants to become 'even better than Vieira'

The young midfielder is aiming high for the future, as he intends to surpass

his compatriot and eventually join the likes of Platini, Nedved and Baggio as Juventus greats.

Aug 4, 2012

Juventus new boy Paul Pogba has revealed that his ambition is to become even better than Patrick Vieira, after acknowledging frequent comparisons between himself and the former France international.

The midfielder, 19, signed a four-year deal with the Serie A champions on Friday to complete his free transfer switch from Manchester United, and he is keen to make an impact at his new club.

"I have been compared to Vieira. That’s a compliment as far as I’m concerned," Pogba told the official Juventus website.

"However, I hope to become even better than he was. I want to take some of his best qualities, while also offering something different. I am Pogba and not the new Vieira."

The midfielder then went on to stress that his dream is to become part of Juventus' history and join former greats such as Michel Platini, Pavel Nedved and Roberto Baggio.

"There are many champions who have played for this team and I hope that will be able to become part of this group of champions.

"Among the former players I was particularly inspired to see Platini, Nedved and Baggio [at the Juventus museum]."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba: 'I can be better than Vieira'

Aug 4, 2012

Paul Pogba has given his first interview as a Juventus player, noting he wants to “make history and maybe become stronger than Patrick Vieira.”

The 19-year-old French midfielder signed a four-year contract after he had become a free agent from Manchester United.

“I’m so happy to have seen the Juventus Museum and be able to fully appreciate the club’s history,” he told the Bianconeri website.

“I’ve noticed there are many champions who have played for this team and I hope that I’ll be able to form part of this group of champions to share its history in the future.

“I’m happy to be here, it’s a real honour. Among the former players I was particularly inspired to see Michel Platini, Pavel Nedved and Roberto Baggio. From the current crop I’d say Andrea Pirlo, Gigi Buffon, Claudio Marchisio and also Giorgio Chiellini.

“They’re all quality players and I’ve got a great desire to play alongside them. I hope it all goes well and I’m able to forge a good understanding with everyone.”

Pogba was able to leave Manchester United when his contract expired this summer.

“I started playing there when I was 16-17 years old. I learned a great deal from strong players like Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney. I played alongside them and was able to admire their excellent level of football.

“I’m sure that at Juventus, with players like Pirlo, it will be a similar learning experience. I am truly happy to embark on this new adventure and hope I can do even better.

“I hope the fans take to me and support me. I like it when the fans yell your name and urge you on. It can give you an added boost.”

Pogba was asked to describe his own characteristics and looked to a former Juventus player.

“I’ve been compared to Vieira and it’s a compliment as far as I’m concerned. I hope to maybe become even stronger than he was, taking some of his best qualities, but also offering something different as Pogba and not Vieira.

“I’m really happy to be here and proud to wear the black and white colours.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Carrera impressed by Pogba talent

Aug 17, 2012

Juventus stand-in Coach Massimo Carrera has praised the ability of midfield summer recruit Paul Pogba.

“He’s a good player and above all a young talent,” Carrera, who will boss Juve from the touchline while Antonio Conte is banned, said after yesterday’s 5-1 in-house friendly.

“Pogba was born in 1993 and he can improve a great deal by training alongside these champions at Juventus.”

The French teenager moved to Turin on a free transfer after he opted against signing a new contract at Manchester United.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba explains Juventus move

Aug 21, 2012

Paul Pogba has revealed why he decided to leave Manchester United for Juventus this summer.

The teenager quit the Old Trafford outfit at the end of his contract in order to team up with the new Italian champions.

“I don't regret anything about my decision,” he told L’Equipe. “I learnt a lot at United, but you have to be part of it to understand my choice. It is a feeling I had with Coach Sir Alex Ferguson.

“The Coach trusted me, but he didn't play me, saying I was too young. He said my time will come but it never did.

“Despite his 25-year career and despite the fact he was the boss, my objective was to play football and I am impatient.

“Now I want to become a regular starter and become one of the best players in the world.

“To achieve that, there is only hard work and I learnt that alongside the great players at Manchester United.”

Pogba, though, may also find it difficult to break into a Juventus midfield which houses Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Kwadwo Asamoah.

“I didn't go to Juve because I knew I would be part of the starting XI,” he continued. “I have no guarantees from them.

“The Coach told me there are a lot of matches to play and he wanted a substitute for Pirlo and Vidal. He didn't tell me you will play X number of matches.”

Pogba also responded to claims made by Ferguson that he lacked respect by turning his back on the Premiership outfit.

“I don't know why he said what he did,” Pogba noted. “A 19-year-old who said no to Ferguson – maybe he took it badly?

“There were things that we failed to agree on.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Pogba denies disrespecting Sir Alex Ferguson following Juventus move

The highly rated midfielder departed Manchester United to join the Serie A giants

over the summer but has refuted suggestions that he undermined his former boss.

Aug 21, 2012

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has denied disrespecting Sir Alex Ferguson following his acrimonious summer exit from Manchester United.

The highly rated Frenchman joined the Serie A outfit after snubbing a new contract at Old Trafford, prompting the Scot to claim that he was "quite happy that [Pogba's] away from [the club] anyway".

However, the 19-year-old has hit back, revealing that he left the Premier League side after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.

"I understand that people were surprised that I refused to extend my contract with Manchester United," Pogba told L'Equipe. "But Manchester United and Juventus are the same - they are two great clubs.

"There were things which we [Pogba and Manchester United] did not agree on but I don’t regret anything. I learned a lot there.

"The coach [Ferguson] trusted me, but he didn't play me, he said I was too young. He told me 'Your time will come', but it didn’t come. Despite the fact that he is the boss, my goal was to play.

"He said I disrespected him. I do not know why he said that. A 19-year-old who says no [to him], maybe he was stuck. But for me, it will not change anything. This is not to say that I will speak ill of Manchester. I love this club.

"I didn't realise that at 19 years old, I'm playing at one of the biggest clubs in Europe. I'm still young. I have not yet played 60 matches in any league or the Champions League. For now I am nothing. It is simply a chance for me to play in a big club."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

46546157729310904367157.jpg

Juventus To Look To Youth

Sep 10, 2012

Antonio Conte is confident that the young players at Juventus Stadium could make a big impact for his side this season.

He singled out Luca Marrone and Paul Pogba as particular players who could prove important for the Biaonceri.

“I am hoping our youngsters Marrone and Pogba turn out to be top players and revelations for us this season,” the Juventus boss said.

Marrone previously worked under Conte at Siena and is a player that he likes while Pogba arrived in Turin this summer from Manchester United.

Pogba has yet to feature for the club this season while Marrone has played twice for the Old Lady in defence.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Pogba: I want to become the world's best player at Juventus

The French midfielder was impressive on his full debut for Massimo Carrera's side

against Chievo and is now ready to start pressing his claims on the global stage.

Sep 26, 2012

Paul Pogba hopes that his transfer to Juventus can help fulfil his dream of becoming "the best player in the world".

The France youth international turned down a new contract at Manchester United in the search of more regular first-team football, and impressed on his Bianconeri debut against Chievo at the weekend.

Pogba understands his chances may be limited in such a competitive midfield, but is determined to seize the opportunity when it arises, as he expressed his hopes for the coming season and his long-term ambitions.

"I want to be the best, so you have to play with the best at the best clubs," he told RMC.

"My goal is to play 25 games this year and be one of the top five young players in the world. With France, I must skip some steps. To play at the World Cup in Brazil is an objective."

The 19-year-old is yet to represent Les Bleus' senior side, but will be hoping to feature against Roma on Saturday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba wants to be world’s best

Sep 27, 2012

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba is certainly not lacking ambition after speaking of his hopes for the future.

“Juve can help me to realise my dream of becoming the best player in the world,” he told RMC in an interview.

“That is my target and to do that you need to be playing for the best clubs around, like Juventus,” he added.

“The competition for places is tough, but I want to play 25 games this season and become one of the top five young players on the planet.”

Pogba, 19, joined the Turin giants in the summer after his contract at Manchester United expired.

He’s made two Serie A appearances so far this season for a total of 123 minutes. Reports today suggest that he could start against Roma on Saturday in place of Andrea Pirlo.

Pogba also revealed his international dreams.

“I still need to take a few more steps in order to play for France, but appearing for my country at the World Cup in 2014 is another of my objectives.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba: I want to replace Pirlo

Oct 1, 2012

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has claimed he wants to take Andrea Pirlo's place in the Bianconeri starting XI.

The 19-year-old, who arrived in Turin from Manchester United this summer, has asserted that he hopes to oust the Italy international out of the first team this season, as well as becoming one of the greatest footballers on the planet.

“My goal is to become the best player in the world,” he told L'Equipe. “But to do that I have to work hard. I want to take the place of Pirlo and prove that when he's not there, there's no difference between me and him.”

He also commented on how he thought he played in his first start for the club against Chievo two weeks' ago.

“My first game was great. Giorgio Chiellini said that I played really well, and so did some of the other players.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba shines in Juve friendly

Oct 12, 2012

Paul Pogba made an impression for Juventus on Thursday when he scored a hat-trick in a friendly victory.

The Old Lady, without 16 internationals, beat Savona 5-1 with the Frenchman bagging the majority of the goals.

Alessandro Matri netted the other two.

The Bianconeri who are not on international duty will resume training at 3.30pm local time today.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba: 'So proud to play for Juve' @@

i6l7dc.jpg

Oct 20, 2012

Paul Pogba admits he was so excited by his first goal for Juventus that he can barely remember it and reveals Patrick Vieira advised him on this move.

The midfielder came off the bench to hit a scorching low volley in today’s 2-0 victory over Napoli.

“I can’t remember a huge amount from when I scored, to be honest,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I looked straight to my family in the stands to dedicate the goal to them. I always try to do my best. I have played both in central midfield and on the right, but what really counts is being able to play.

“Do I expect to receive a message of congratulations from Sir Alex Ferguson? I really doubt it!” said the former Manchester United starlet who joined Juve on a free transfer.

“I am proud to play here and to do well with this jersey. When I was out of contract I also had interest from Milan and a few English clubs, but I chose the Bianconeri because so many French players had been here.

“Vieira was one of them and he advised me to make this decision. I was really attracted to the project that was proposed to me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba agent – why the surprise?

Oct 22, 2012

The agent of Paul Pogba says he’s not surprised by his client’s encouraging start to life in Serie A with Juventus.

Pogba won some rave reviews over the weekend after he came on during the game against Napoli to score a spectacular second in the 2-0 win.

“Did I celebrate his goal? No,” Raiola told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. “I’m actually surprised by the general surprise…

“Paul has some great ability and he just needs to play games in order to gain experience.

“Juventus believed in him and they are giving him the right conditions that he needs. But let’s not get over-excited with the compliments because he still has a long way to go.”

The Frenchman, just 19, has scored one goal in four Serie A appearances since his summer transfer from Manchester United.

“Italian football needs to have more courage in focusing on youngsters,” Raiola added. “It needs to be a strategic decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Vidal out and Pogba in?

Oct 26, 2012

Paul Pogba is being tipped to get a starting shirt on Sunday when Juventus travel to Catania in Serie A.

According to Tuttosport, the French youngster will replace Arturo Vidal to begin alongside Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio.

Vidal will be rested after he struggled in the Old Lady’s 1-1 draw with Nordsjelland in the Champions League on Tuesday.

Andrea Barzagli, Stephan Lichtsteiner and Kwadwo Asamoah will be placed back into the starting XI after they were not used in midweek.

Mirko Vucinic is expected to start up front, but his partner has yet to be decided with Sebastian Giovinco, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and Nicklas Bendtner all in contention for a start.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba to start for Juve again

Oct 29, 2012

Paul Pogba will retain his place in the Juventus starting XI that will face Bologna on Wednesday evening.

That is according to Sky Sport Italia, who have backed the young Frenchman to make his second successive start.

Pogba was placed into the first team that beat Catania 1-0 on Sunday because of the absence of Claudio Marchisio.

Marchisio should return to the side, but Pogba will be confirmed as Arturo Vidal will be suspended after his booking in Sicily.

Pogba, a summer signing from Manchester United, has scored one goal in five Serie A appearances so far this term.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba: I need to improve at Juve

Nov 1, 2012

Paul Pogba is keeping his feet on the ground despite his impressive display and winning goal in Juventus’ 2-1 win over Bologna.

The Frenchman was handed a start at the Juventus Stadium on Wednesday and, after hitting the post, he headed home an injury time winner.

“I’m very happy that I scored the winning goal, but I need to look ahead,” the 19-year-old noted after the game.

“I still need to improve and I’m reminded of this by all the members of the technical staff.”

Pogba’s display may now give boss Antonio Conte something to think about ahead of Saturday’s game against Inter.

“If the Coach tells me that I’m playing then I try to be ready,” Pogba noted. “It’s the same thing if I have to sit on the bench and come on during the game as a substitute.”

Although a central midfielder of some substance, Pogba underlined his ability in the attacking third in Turin last night.

“I like scoring and always looked to get forward when I was at Manchester United. I’m a big guy and I look to make my presence felt in the penalty area.”

The teenager moved to Turin in the summer after his contract at Manchester United expired.

“I didn’t renew with United because I couldn’t reach an agreement with Alex Ferguson. That’s why I decided to accept Juventus’ offer,” he explained.

“Inter and Milan looked at me in the summer, but Juventus were the only club who really wanted me. And I’m very happy to be here.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Juventus hero Pogba shows why

Manchester United were so angry to lose him

The teenager carried the Bianconeri to a win over Bologna,

leaving Red Devils fans to once again rue his Old Trafford exit.

179688hp2.jpg

Nov 1, 2012

COMMENT

By Kris Voakes | Italian Football Writer

With his latest excellent performance, complete with match-winning injury-time goal, Juventus fans are beginning to realise that in Paul Pogba they now have a fourth central midfielder ready to play regular first-team football. Manchester United supporters, however, are perhaps cursing the fact he was ever allowed to leave Old Trafford.

For those who had previously seen the 19-year-old at close quarters, his recent impact has come as no great surprise. At a club famous for its ability to nurture players through its youth ranks, Pogba stuck out among United’s budding youngsters for some time, before making his controversial switch to Juventus Stadium this summer.

His supreme ability on the ball, excellent balance, power, great passing range - off either foot - and tall frame, made him stand out for United's youth teams, and if anything, the one drawback was that he would switch off when games became a little too easy for him. Even at international level, Pogba found the going rather simple, and for those who followed him it was obvious he was already primed for first-team football.

But, when United failed to offer him that on a regular basis last season, he jumped ship. “I didn’t renew with them because I didn’t find a deal with Sir Alex Ferguson,” Pogba explained after his winner against Bologna on Wednesday. “So I decided to accept the offer from the one team that was really interested in me, that being Juventus, and now I am very happy to be here.”

Ferguson himself saw it differently. “Pogba signed for Juventus a long time ago as far as we’re aware,” the United boss told MUTV shortly after the transfer. “It’s a bit disappointing because I don’t think he showed us any respect at all. To be honest, if they carry on that way, I’m quite happy that he’s away from me anyway.”

Yet with each passing performance, he must be making United increasingly unhappy, just as he is bringing joy to Juventus.

Pogba is the first youngster in decades that the Red Devils really wanted to keep but failed to do so and their folly in inviting the Bianconeri to Gary Neville’s testimonial in May 2011, three weeks after Pogba had turned in a Man of the Match display for United’s Under-18s against Juve’s youth side, simply came back to bite them. Add in their hardball stance during contract negotiations, and if Juventus’ transfer committee did indeed get to Ferguson’s prized asset, it was not as though United had done their utmost to keep the Frenchman out of their reach. They did not protect him, they flaunted him, and for that they paid the ultimate price.

Whatever the truth behind the move, Antonio Conte is fast coming to terms with the fact he has a twice-weekly selection headache to contend with. He may only be 19, but Pogba has a bit of everything talent-wise, and is clearly ready for first-team football. If he does not get it at Juventus Stadium, his agent Mino Raiola will ensure he finds it elsewhere, and with the qualities he possesses, he has every right to be impatient.

Now he will surely see more football. For the opening two months he has been largely used as an occasional alternative to Claudio Marchisio, Andrea Pirlo and Arturo Vidal, but his recent increased exposure to the first XI must be the catalyst for a potential rethink. At the very least, he is already the fourth man in a genuine rotation, and he has enough in him to eventually upset the order and make a starting shirt his own.

While Ferguson's men come to terms with having to make the most of their weakest midfield in a generation, the ‘one that got away’ is only getting started in his potentially glittering career with the Old Lady.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Atalanta reveal Pogba secret

Nov 2, 2012

Atalanta were close to signing a 50 per cent share in Juventus revelation Paul Pogba this summer, the club have revealed.

“Juventus have got themselves a great player,” Atalanta director general Pierpaolo Marino told Sport Italia.

“In truth, we should have signed him on a co-ownership with Juventus thanks to our friendship with Bianconeri directors Beppe Marotta and Fabio Paratici.

“We even started talks with his agent Mino Raiola, but the latter then informed me that Juventus would take control of his whole contract.

“That’s why we later did a joint deal with Juventus for James Troisi instead.”

Pogba, 19, joined the Old Lady in the summer from Manchester United after turning down a new contract at Old Trafford.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

Pogba: Conte can become like Ferguson

The young midfielder has voiced his admiration for the Bianconeri coach,

and is determined to secure regular first team action at Juve.

Nov 2, 2012

Paul Pogba believes that Juventus coach Antonio Conte has the qualities to follow in the footsteps of iconic Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The French midfielder worked with Ferguson during his three-year spell at the Premier League giants, before leaving the club for Juve this summer, and has nothing but praise for his new coach.

"Can Conte become a true great like Ferguson? I think so, yes. He is a great trainer and an equally good manager," the 19-year-old told Tuttosport.

"Conte and the other members of the technical staff keep on telling me that I still have room for improvement, and they are right.

"We talk to each other in Italian. We speak very often."

The youngster then took the time to discuss his chances of becoming a regular starter, and stressed that he's determined to break into the first XI.

"I don't know whether it will be tough to beat the competition of players such as Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio for a starting berth. That's a decision the coach has to make.

"I only know that I will have to be ready whenever the coach needs me. I always want to play, also against Inter."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Why Inter didn’t sign Pogba…

Nov 2, 2012

Inter President Massimo Moratti has revealed why his club failed to sign new Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

The French teenager, still just 19, joined the Old Lady in the summer on a free transfer after his contract at Manchester United expired.

“He really does seem like a good player,” Moratti told La Stampa. “We were following him too, but we had an agreement with Manchester United – to not negotiate with players at the end of their deals.

“That was a request from Sir Alex Ferguson and we pulled out of the race. We perhaps made a mistake, but we can’t sign everyone.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Deschamps explains Pogba omission

Nov 8, 2012

France Coach Didier Deschamps has explained his decision to leave Paul Pogba out of the squad for the friendly against Italy.

Les Bleus travel to Parma to face Cesare Prandelli's men on Wednesday November 14, but will do so without the Juventus midfielder.

And the 44-year-old tactician has specified why the Bianconeri starlet has not been included for the match, despite putting in a string of good quality performances for Antonio Conte's side.

“Paul Pogba has potential,” he told a Press conference. “But there are still a lot of steps he has to follow.”

France squad for Italy:

Goalkeepers: Landreau (Lille), Lloris (Tottenham), Mandanda (Olympique Marseille)

Defenders: Clichy (Manchester City), Debuchy (Lille), Evra (Manchester United), Jallet (PSG), Koscielny (Arsenal), Rami (Valencia), Sakho (PSG), Yanga-Mbiwa (Montpellier)

Midfielders:Cabaye (Newcastle), Capoue (Toulouse), Gonalons (Olympique Lione), Gourcuff (Olympique Lione), Matuidi (PSG), Sissoko (Tolosa), Valbuena (Olympique Marseille)

Forwards: Giroud (Arsenal), Gomis (Olympique Lyon), Menez (PSG), Payet (Lille), Ribery (Bayern Munich)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti