Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

10 - Paul Pogba

130805 messaggi

logo.png

Marchisio offers Pogba advice

Nov 9, 2012

Claudio Marchisio has told Juventus teammate Paul Pogba to forget about comparisons with Patrick Vieira.

“It is a good sign when you are likened to such players,” the Italian told Tuttosport on Friday. “It means that you are doing well, but the important thing is to not get big-headed.

“But he won’t be running that risk as he has his head firmly fixed to his shoulders.

“Pogba has a physical resemblance to Vieira, he may actually be better technically, but he has yet to have the career of Vieira!”

The 19-year-old Frenchman has made an impression in recent weeks and could be handed a start at Pescara on Saturday.

“He always wants to play,” Marchisio added. “I always tell him to remain calm because he will get his opportunities.”

Juventus netted the player on a Bosman from Manchester United and he was one of the factors why they allowed Paris Saint-Germain to sign Marco Verratti from Pescara.

“They are totally different players,” Marchisio added. “Paul can play in any midfield role, while Verratti is more of a playmaker.

“It’s a shame to see him in Paris, but I’m certain that will be his fortune.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba dropped for Pescara

Nov 9, 2012

Paul Pogba has been left out of the Juventus squad for the trip to Pescara after reporting late for two separate training sessions.

The 19-year-old midfielder has been left behind in Turin, as Antonio Conte looks to clamp down on the youngster's poor disciplinary record.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba's agent blasts 'incapable' Conte

:|

Nov 10, 2012

Paul Pogba’s agent has blasted Juventus and Antonio Conte for being “unable to deal with situations at this level” after publicly shaming the midfielder.

The former Manchester United starlet was expected to start tonight’s game in Pescara, but has instead been dropped for turning up late to two training sessions.

Unusually, the reason for the exclusion was made explicit in a statement on the Bianconeri website, infuriating agent Mino Raiola.

“Whoever decided to put this news out on the website is evidently confused,” Raiola told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“I hope it wasn’t Conte’s own decision, otherwise it means he is unable to deal with situations at this level.

“Paul is very disappointed with what happened, both for his lateness – despite good reasons – and for not being a part of the squad.

“In the first instance of lateness he only received notification of the training session time late into the night.

“In the second he had some appointments that the club itself had organised for him to go through some paperwork.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Agent blasts Juventus for dropping Pogba

The midfielder has been left out of the Bianconeri squad this weekend due to disciplinary

problems, and his representative has criticised the club's decision to make this public.

Nov 10, 2012

Paul Pogba has been left out of the Juventus squad for Saturday's Serie A match against Pescara after reporting late for two training sessions.

The 19-year-old has showed promise in Turin following his summer arrival from Manchester United and had been in contention for a starting place against Pescara before it was announced that he would not travel with the team.

A statement on the club's official website reads: "Pogba stays behind in Turin after reporting late to training on two separate occasions."

The player's agent Mino Raiola has since come out and criticised the Turin side for deciding to publicise news of his client's indiscretions.

“Whoever decided to put this news out on the website is evidently confused,” Raiola told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. “I hope it wasn’t [coach Antonio] Conte’s own decision, otherwise it means he is unable to deal with situations at this level.

“Paul is very disappointed with what happened, both for his lateness – despite good reasons – and for not being a part of the squad.

“In the first instance of lateness he was notified late at night. In the second he had some appointments - the club themselves had organised for him to go through some paperwork.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba sends Juve message

Nov 10, 2012

Paul Pogba’s agent slammed Antonio Conte and Juventus for dropping him due to disciplinary measures, but the player sent a very different message.

The midfielder was left out of the squad travelling to Pescara this evening after he turned up late to two training sessions.

“My teammates will do well! Forza Juventus!” he wrote on his Facebook page.

It is a very different approach to the one taken by agent Mino Raiola, who blasted Conte for making the reason for his absence clear in a statement.

“I hope it wasn’t Conte’s own decision, otherwise it means he is unable to deal with situations at this level.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Pogba: I won’t be late again!

Nov 12, 2012

Paul Pogba has apologised to everyone at Juventus after he was dropped for the Pescara game for disciplinary reasons. “I don’t plan on being late again.”

The Frenchman was omitted from the squad that won 6-1 on Saturday night as punishment for arriving at training late on two separate occasions.

“I was wrong and I’m very sorry,” he told Tuttosport. “And of course, I apologise because I know I have been disrespectful to boss Antonio Conte and my teammates.

“It was not my intention to do so and my delays are related to issues that are very trivial, but they are mistakes.

“I know that mistakes are also needed to mature and every experience is useful for the growth of each of us. I realised my mistake and I will do everything to make sure that it is not repeated in the future.

“I think the matter is now closed. And I have no intention of re-opening it by being late again!”

Pogba has been a revelation in Turin since he left Manchester United in the summer at the end of his contract.

“This is a great club and there are not many differences compared to Manchester United, they are two of the most important clubs in the world,” he added.

“The difference here is that I feel appreciated, the players believe in me, the Coach believes in me and I have the opportunity to play.”

Pogba also revealed in the same interview that he almost gave up football in order to play table tennis!

“I played football because of the Brazilian Ronaldo,” he added. “When I was nine I had to choose between table tennis and football because the lessons for both fell on a Saturday.

“Then the 2002 World Cup arrived and Ronaldo bewitched me. That’s when I left table tennis for football. But I’m still quite handy with a bat…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Pogba insists he will not be late for Juventus training again

The Frenchman has offered his apologies for his tardiness

and has vowed that he will not let it happen again in the future.

Nov 12, 2012

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has apologised for showing up late to training twice last week, and has insisted that he will not make the same mistake ever again.

The Frenchman was left out of this weekend's Bianconeri Bianconeri squad for the side's Serie A match against Pescara following his tardiness, but the ex-Manchester United midfielder has stressed that he will learn from his errors.

"I was wrong and I'm sorry for what happened. I apologise because I showed a lack of respect toward my team-mates and [heacd coach Antonio] Conte," the midfielder told Tuttosport.

"I never had the intention to show up late. That I was late for training was down to some trivial things. I made a mistake.

"I realise that I was wrong though, and I will do my utmost to make sure I do not make the same mistake again. I will not be late again in the future. The matter is closed now as far as I'm concerned."

The 19-year-old has made eight appearances for Juventus this campaign, scoring twice in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

Deschamps on Pogba

Nov 13, 2012

France boss Didier Deschamps has explained why Paul Pogba is currently not part of his plans.

“Calm is needed surrounding Pogba,” the former Juventus midfielder and Coach told the giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

“He’s young, he certainly has quality and he has really interesting potential,” he said of Juve’s 19-year-old.

“I’m following him, but he has to play more games. And it is obvious that the competition for places in Turin is tough.

“I still haven’t spoken with Juventus boss Antonio Conte, but playing 25 games for Juve counts for more than 40 with a smaller club.

“Pogba, though, represents the future of France as Raphael Varane does at Real Madrid.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

logo.png

'Conte was right to leave me out'

Nov 13, 2012

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has admitted that his exclusion from the squad for the game against Pescara was 'a good lesson'.

The 19-year-old was left out for the trip to the Adriatic coast because of late arrivals to two separate training sessions, but the teenager has conceded that it was right he was not involved.

“It was just a misunderstanding,” he told L'Equipe. “The Coach decided not to involve me and it seemed right.

“For me it was a good life lesson.”

He also commented on his season so far, but claims he will not rest on his laurels.

“So far everything is going well,” he said. “It is nice that I am playing, but I cannot settle for this. A career is not made on a couple of good games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba in to rest Vidal

Nov 27, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte could decide to field Paul Pogba in the derby against Torino in order to rest Arturo Vidal.

Conte is considering giving the Chilean a chance to catch his breath ahead of the crucial Champions League tie against Shakhtar Donetsk.

The Bianconeri need a point in the Ukraine next week to book their place in the last 16 of the competition.

Vidal, 25, has played in 12 Serie A games this season and all five of the club’s European matches so far.

Pogba, meanwhile, has featured in eight League games of which he has started four.

Pogba could also use the derby to stake a clam for a shirt against Shakhtar as Claudio Marchisio will be suspended for next Wednesday’s encounter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba a doubt for Juventus

Dec 17, 2012

Juventus boss Antonio Conte has confirmed that Paul Pogba is in a race against time to be fit for the Cagliari game.

The Frenchman was being tipped to start ahead of Arturo Vidal in the 3-0 win over Atalanta on Sunday, but missed the tie with injury.

“The boy picked up a knock in the match against Palermo and so was already a doubt for Cagliari,” the tactician explained.

“He felt a little discomfort in the final training session before the Atalanta game and that caused a thigh issue.

“I spoke with the club doctor and the player where we decided that he wouldn’t be available for action.

“I just hope that he, a young player who can recover quickly, will be back in action against Cagliari.”

Juventus, Winter Champions, take on the Sardinian outfit on Friday night.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus midfielder Pogba 'not looking to mimic Rijkaard'

Following an impressive display in his side's demolition of Udinese, the Frenchman

has said that he wants to maintain his form but is not looking to copy anybody else's style.

Jan 20, 2013

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has said he is not looking to copy anybody else's playing style following comparisons with Frank Rijkaard.

Manager Antonio Conte had said the France under-20 player reminded him of Rijkaard during his side's 4-0 win over Udinese, but Pogba told Sky Sport24 he wants to play in his own style.

"I know who Rijkaard was in the game," he told reporters. "I do not know if I appear like him. I do not want to mimic anyone, I just want to improve and remain Paul Pogba."

The former Manchester United man also said he was happy with his display against Udinese, but admitted he would have to impress to secure a regular starting berth.

"It was a beautiful evening for me, I scored two goals, and the first in particular was very nice, so I'm very happy," he said.

"I know though that I don't have to stay here, I have to keep playing this way and maybe even better.

"Marchisio and Pirlo are big players so there is no problem if I have to go on the bench - I will go. If I have to play I'll play and I'll try to do my best."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

The best teenager in the world? Pogba proves

once more that he's Juventus first-team material

The French midfielder struck twice to cap off a marvellous personal display

against Udinese, and staked another claim for a regular spot in the Bianconeri XI.

Jan 20, 2013

COMMENT

By Kris Voakes | Italian Football Writer

There were some in the international media who took one look at Juventus’ teamsheet and expected the rot to continue. The Bianconeri had seen their eight-point lead at the winter break reduced to just three with back-to-back disappointments, and with a massively weakened first-team squad needing to be supplemented by unrecognised names, the no-nothings believed that they’d find it hard, but eventually turn around their recent form. However, they reckoned without Paul Pogba.

Udinese visited an Old Lady lacking the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Giorgio Chiellini, Kwadwo Asamoah, Claudio Marchisio and Fabio Quagliarella, but the Frenchman proved yet again why Sir Alex Ferguson holds such a bitter grudge over his departure from Manchester United.

Even before he found the net to break the deadlock, Pogba had the game in his pocket. Dictating the pace and the flow of the match from the middle, he was able to completely bypass a normally obdurate Udinese midfield to the extent that they were never really in the encounter. The magnificent vision, strength, composure, anticipation and positioning he used to display in the youth ranks for both United and France were all on show, only now they are being amplified to such a degree that nobody can claim he’s not worthy of a first-team shirt.

Pirlo’s absence should have made a massive difference. The Italy midfielder has had such a monumental effect on Juventus since arriving on a free transfer from AC Milan in 2011 that he should have been in the three-man shortlist for the 2012 Ballon d’Or. It should be as difficult to replace him as it would be for Barcelona to account for the loss of Lionel Messi, or Real Madrid to be without their talisman Cristiano Ronaldo. Yet Pogba slotted in as though the role was made for him, and not for the first time this season.

At the heart of the midfield, he is simply at home. Whenever the Zebrette attempted to put pressure on him, he dealt with it like an old pro. Like a Pirlo, in fact. At 19 years of age, he is already threatening to become one of the next great central midfielders, and right now he is arguably the greatest teenager in football. His composure, work rate and intuition are all taylor-made for a club as huge as Juventus, and he has fitted in perfectly whenever called upon.

To add to that, his two wonderful strikes against Udinese came right out of the top drawer. He may not be in the team to add goals, but he has chipped in, in that regard all the same. He now has four to his name in Serie A this season at a rate of one every 198 minutes. To put that into perspective, last term’s top scorer for the Bianconeri was Alessandro Matri, who picked off his goals at an average of 192.4 minutes per strike, a rate only negligibly superior to Pogba’s.

The Frenchman has taken to the demands of the top flight like a duck to water, and Antonio Conte needs to find a place in his first team for him sooner rather than later. He has proven once already in his departure from Manchester that he is hungry for games now, and to alienate Pogba by not giving him the first-team slot he deserves would be to make the same mistake Ferguson made. Yes, the midfield of Arturo Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio have been key to Juve’s revival, but football is about staying ahead of the game, not lingering on the past.

Conte has won many plaudits for his work at Vinovo so far, but now he has to somehow fit four into three in his star-studded midfield in recognition of the Frenchman’s growing stature both at the club and in the modern game. Pogba’s time has well and truly arrived.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus beat Euro giants to Pogba

Jan 21, 2013

The agent of Paul Pogba says that Juventus beat the likes of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid for his client.

The teenager moved to the Turin giants in the summer on a free transfer after his contract at Manchester United expired.

On Saturday night, he scored a stunning brace as the Old Lady defeated Udinese 4-0 in Turin.

“His display was pleasing, but I already knew that he had certain skills,” Mino Raiola told the Corriere dello Sport.

“I agree with Juventus boss Antonio Conte, to eulogise about him now makes no sense.

“He’s shown that he has potential, but he must work, he must strengthen physically and grow by keeping his feet on the ground.

“Then he could become one of the best players in the world in his position. Like all great players, his only limitation is himself.

“Who else wanted him? Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and other English clubs. Inter? Yes, but they agreed to respect an agreement with Manchester United.”

The 19-year-old has four goals in 13 League games so far this season, eight appearances of which came from the first minute.

“I don’t know what Sir Alex Ferguson may have thought on Saturday,” Raiola added. “Maybe he underestimated his mental strength.

“When Paul understood that he wasn’t being enhanced, he decided that it was over in Manchester. He felt that a move away would do him good.”

Pogba was fielded as an alternative to Andrea Pirlo at the weekend, but his versatility allows him to be used in a variety of ways.

“He can play instead of Pirlo, but also as an inside midfielder or even as a centre-back at the end of his career like Frank Rijkaard.

“He has great tactical awareness. And what he is doing at Juventus is thanks to Conte who isn’t scared to play youngsters.”

Raiola was also asked how he would describe his client given that he compared Mario Balotelli, another of his players, to the Mona Lisa.

“Pogba is like a Dali painting. Works of art are rare and are worth a lot because people appreciate them. Paul is one of them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba is like a Dali painting, says Raiola

The midfielder's representative feels his client is quite an unique talent,

and has revealed several European giants wanted to sign him last summer before he moved to Italy.

Jan 21, 2013

Mino Raiola has heaped praise upon his client Paul Pogba in the wake of the Frenchman's impressive performance in Juventus' 4-0 Serie A win over Udinese on Sunday.

The former Manchester United midfielder featured for the full 90 minutes and scored twice to help the Scudetto holders to three points.

"His valuation is not a problem. You can't put a price on him. Pogba is not for sale," Raiola told Corriere dello Sport.

"Paul is a bit like a Dali-painting. Pieces of art are very rare and are worth a lot because they are appreciated by a lot of people. Pogba is just like that.

"Juventus fans are concerned that they might lose him to some rich sheik-owned club? That's an understandable concern. I always look after the interests of my players.

"Clubs like Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter all enquired about Paul last summer."

Pogba is under contract with Juventus until June 2016.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba will stay at Juventus until the summer, says agent

The midfielder has been linked with a number of clubs following several

eye-catching displays, but his representative insists he is not for sale at any price.

Jan 22, 2013

Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola says the 19-year-old will not be leaving Juventus in the January transfer window and will remain in Turin until the summer.

The former Manchester United midfielder has shined in Italy so far, which has seen him linked with a move away from Juventus Stadium, but Raiola has moved to put an end to the latest round of speculation regarding his future.

"What is he worth? He is not for sale so has no value. [Giuseppe] Marotta can stay calm, he will stay in Turin until July definitely," he told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

Pogba only joined the Bianconeri during the summer following his move from Old Trafford and scored twice in his side's 4-0 victory over Udinese on Saturday.

The youngster has made 18 appearances for the club so far, scoring four goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba, Niang, Varane – The future of French

football suddenly looks bright again

With the promising trio amongst the best in the world for their age,

les Bleus can be optimistic that they can regain their former glories.

Feb 5, 2013

COMMENT

By Robin Bairner

After years of false optimism, there is finally once again promise that France could rediscover their place as one of the world’s foremost international superpowers. Les Bleus might have crashed out of Euro 2012 in a limp manner, but a gaggle of exciting young players are in the midst of making their names at some of the continent’s greatest clubs, providing fresh hope in l’Hexagone ahead of its hosting of Euro 2016.

The national team has spent much of the last decade lurching from disaster to disaster. Aside from reaching the World Cup final of 2006, France have tended to under-perform grossly at major tournaments, with their feeble exit at the hands of Spain during Euro 2012 all too typical of their inability to find cohesion on the greatest stage.

Fast forward eight months, and the future of the game suddenly looks bright for les Bleus. About to break through into the senior national side are some of Europe’s brightest young players, who have been produced by a competitive domestic academy system before being honed by the game’s elite abroad.

FIVE FOR THE FUTURE

LUCAS DIGNE | LILLE - Teenage left-back looks certain to become one of the best in his position.

M'BAYE NIANG | AC MILAN - Looks set to form one of Serie A's most lethal strike forces over the next decade.

PAUL POGBA | JUVENTUS - Has left everyone in awe since moving to Turin in the summer from Man Utd.

ADRIEN RABIOT | PSG - A talented young midfielder capable of complementing the imports in Paris.

RAPHAEL VARANE | REAL MADRID - Has shown maturity beyond his years during his 18 months in Spain. Likened to Fernando Hierro.

There is no more competitive a club to make a name at than Real Madrid, yet young centre-back Raphael Varane appears set to enjoy a long relationship with los Blancos after a storming performance in the Clasico only a week ago. Brought up in the Lens youth system, the 19-year-old produced a man-of-the-match performance in his first appearance in the world’s biggest club fixture, even scoring the levelling goal in a 1-1 draw.

“He's still only 19-years-old and it is quite something to then play against Barcelona without making any mistakes like he did,” said Madrid legend Emilio Butragueno, who overlooked the fact that Varane did not only enjoy an error-free match, but actually spent much of the game clearing up mistakes made by the vastly more experienced Ricardo Carvalho alongside him.

Quick, strong and a good reader of the game, he would have made his international debut against Germany on Wednesday had he not been forced to pull out of the squad injured. Nevertheless, with Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Mamadou Sakho still at the beginning of their careers, France looked well stocked for centre-backs in the years to come.

In the midfield, there is another 19-year-old catching the eye, this time with Juventus. Paul Pogba came through Le Havre’s impressive youth system before being sold to Manchester United. Unhappy he was not getting first-team football at Old Trafford, the midfielder pushed through a move to Serie A in the summer.

Critics considered him arrogant as he stormed away from the Premier League leaders, yet his decision has been vindicated fully this season as he has been featuring regularly for the Old Lady, albeit as first alternative to the midfield trio of Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio, and performing to the highest standard.

Over the course of the campaign, he has been described as everything from “the best teenager in the world” to the next Frank Rijkaard, and even to “a Dali painting”. Paris-born Pogba is a player who seems to have the world at his feet with the Turin giants, with whom he has displayed an ability to dictate games that belies his years.

Another French youth making a name for himself in Italy is M’Baye Niang, who became AC Milan’s second youngest goalscorer in history when he struck in a Coppa Italia fixture against Reggina in December.

“Niang is better than Balotelli,” president Silvio Berlusconi boasted only a few days later to Radio Mars, before swooping to sign the Manchester City forward in January.

Even prior to the arrival of ‘Super Mario’ at San Siro, the young forward was being compared in style to the Italian, and his off-field antics did nothing to quell the comparisons. Niang admitted to RMC that he went “a bit mental” when he joined Milan, and he is presently serving a ban from the national team after breaking a curfew while on duty with the Under-21 squad in the autumn.

Still, the 18-year-old has calmed down and is reaping the benefits on the field. At the side of Balotelli last Sunday against Udinese, he contributed immensely to the cause and is now ready to establish himself as one member of Serie A’s best offensive lines.

Additionally, there is a terrific supporting cast of players bubbling away. Moussa Sissoko at 23 is a little older, but with Newcastle he is showing signs of reaching his fearsome potential, while Lille left-back Lucas Digne is another teenager destined for a massive future in the game. Meanwhile, Lyon’s Ligue 1 title push is being led by youths who have shown they have the skill, desire, belief and team work to match Paris Saint-Germain’s dollar, with the likes of Samuel Umtiti (19), Alexandre Lacazette (21) and Clement Grenier (22) amongst their most impressive performers.

PSG, meanwhile, have a band of their own bright prospects coming through, the best of whom is 17-year-old Adrien Rabiot, who has been forced on loan to Toulouse in order to earn first-team football.

So the future certainly does look bright in France, and with Varane, Pogba and Niang, who are arguably the best teenage trio any nation in the world can boast, the long-term future of les Bleus looks to be in safe hands.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus' teenage star Pogba upbeat despite France snub

The 19-year-old remains philosophical having being ignored by Didier Deschamps ahead

of France's clash with Germany in Paris, and believes he was right to leave the Premier League.

Feb 5, 2013

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba is upbeat following his omission from the France national team.

The 19-year-old has produced a series of eye-catching displays for the Bianconeri this season and was expected to be handed a first international cap by France coach Didier Deschamps.

But having being snubbed by Deschamps ahead of France's friendly with Germany on Wednesday, Pogba insists he is unperturbed and will continue to give his best at club level.

“I’m not disappointed with not being selected," Pogba told Tuttosport.

“It’s not that serious if Deschamps doesn’t think I’m ready. I’ll continue playing my football and if he calls me up, then, he calls me up.”

The Frenchman has featured 21 times in all competitions for Juventus this term and believes his decision to leave Manchester United has been vindicated.

He said: "Am I surprised to have played so much? Yes and no. It’s definitely what I wanted. I left Manchester United to play and that is happening at Juventus."

Meanwhile, Pogba also reflected on his magnificent double against Udinese a fortnight ago and insists there is more to come.

He added: "Those were great goals, but a career can not consist of just that . You have to keep proving yourself."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba accepts France snub

Feb 5, 2013

Paul Pogba insists that he isn’t overly concerned with the fact that he continues to be ignored by France boss Didier Deschamps.

The teenager, 19, has been a revelation at Juventus in his first Italian season and that has led to calls that he should be handed his full international debut by his national side.

“I’m not disappointed with not being selected,” Pogba is quoted as saying in Tuttosport. “It’s not that serious if Deschamps doesn’t think I’m ready.

“I’ll continue playing my football and if he calls me up then he calls me up.”

Pogba has scored four goals in 15 League games for the Italian champions.

“Am I surprised to have played so much? Yes and no,” he continued. “It’s definitely what I wanted. I left Manchester United to play and that is happening at Juventus.”

The central midfielder again hit the headlines recently with two splendid strikes in the 4-0 win over Udinese.

“They were great goals, but a career can not consist of just that,” he added. “You have to keep confirming yourself.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
11014 messaggi

Paul Pogba, Sir Alex Ferguson’s one that

got away, starting to flourish at Juventus

Paul Pogba could have been United’s version of Patrick

Vieira. He tells Matt Hughes in Turin he has no regrets

by MATT HUGHES (THE TIMES 09-02-2013)

121506283_footballl_382273c.jpg

Pogba has scored four goals in 15 Serie A games Reuters

It is just as well that Sir Alex Ferguson will be otherwise occupied preparing for Manchester United’s Champions League tie away to Real Madrid on Wednesday night to pay much attention to Juventus’ visit to Celtic the previous evening. The sight of a certain young man running the game for the Old Lady would probably be too much for him to bear.

In his first season at Juventus, Paul Pogba has looked like the player United have needed in their engine room since the departure of Roy Keane: a strong, athletic, box-to-box midfielder with an eye for goal. At 6ft 3in and with legs up to his eyes Juventus fans regard him as the reincarnation of a former favourite, Patrick Vieira, while his elegance on the ball has led to comparisons with another import who took Serie A by storm, Frank Rijkaard.

Despite sitting comfortably on top of the Barclays Premier League, United’s side would be improved by even watered down versions of either player. The particular frustration for Ferguson is that for three years he had Pogba, only to lose him to Juventus last summer after a contract dispute developed into an irrevocable breakdown in that crucial relationship between manager and player.

Few players leave United against Ferguson’s will — Gerard Piqué and Cristiano Ronaldo are the only two to have really frustrated him by walking away in recent years, and the latter had the manager’s blessing after staying with the club for a final season — so it says much for Pogba’s self-belief that he chose to force an exit. The 19-year-old is too busy revelling in his role as a key player in a Juventus side who are top of Serie A and once again a force to be reckoned with in Europe to spend too long looking back in anger. But as he discusses his departure from Old Trafford for the first time it is clear the dispute became personal.

In Pogba’s view, Ferguson failed to give him the opportunities he had been promised and felt he deserved, particularly given the club’s shortage of midfielders, with a meagre tally of seven substitute appearances over three seasons suggesting he may have a point. The contrast with the 19 appearances and four goals he has contributed in his first six months at Juventus is stark.

“It was all down to Ferguson,” Pogba says. “I didn’t want to sign a contract as Ferguson didn’t play me, even though there were no midfielders there. He obviously thought I didn’t deserve the contract I asked for, and didn’t put me in the team even though he had no midfield players. It was his choice.

“United were short of midfield players like me, but it was the manager’s decision. I couldn’t do anything about it. I was very frustrated because he spoke to me a few times and said I was nearly there.

“I told him: ‘If I don’t play then I can’t get any experience and see how far I have to go’. I played a few cup games, but he didn’t want to give me a contract and they just let me go.”

During the negotiations it suited United to portray Pogba as a money-grabber whose head had been turned, made easier by the fact he is represented by Mino Raiola, Mario Balotelli’s controversial agent, but the softly spoken teenager does not seem particularly mercenary. There is a glint in his eye to match the twinkle of sunshine on the nearby snow-capped mountains as he discusses his delight at playing with such midfield maestros as Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio as he sprawls on a sofa at the Juventus training ground in Vinovo. His versatility is such that he has played alongside and provided cover for both Italy players, operating in Pirlo’s deep-lying playmaker role and in a more advanced position behind the strikers. And as his brace of 40-yard screamers in last month’s win over Udinese demonstrated he knows how to strike a ball.

The unpalatable truth for United fans is that the club underestimated Pogba; his ability, his ambition and ultimately his desire to leave. Even United insiders have described their initial offer as he entered the final year of his contract 18 months ago as “derisory”, and by the time the club offered to improve on Juventus’ package of £20,000-a-week at the start of last year it was too late, with the return of Paul Scholes proving to be the final straw for Pogba.

“I was surprised United didn’t sign me up earlier, but it wasn’t about money,” he says. “I don’t think about money. I just think about being comfortable where I play and having the trust of the manager. Ferguson kept telling me I had to take time because I’m young, but I told him ‘Ryan Giggs was young when he played, Scholes was young when he played.’ It’s about trust, I think.

“When I saw Scholes come back part of me was really happy as he’s a legend, but I knew it was the end for me. The manager thought Scholes had to play, not me, and after that I had to leave. Maybe Ferguson will regret it now, but I don’t think about Manchester United any more. I have no regrets about leaving Manchester, none at all.”

Pogba’s words may appear harsh on paper, but there is no malice in his voice and he is simply speaking the truth as he sees it, emboldened by the innocence of youth. He does not hold a grudge against United and has stayed in contact with several of his former team-mates, who have been in touch to express delight at his rapid progress.

“I was talking to Patrick Evra, Danny Welbeck and Rio Ferdinand recently, and they all said, ‘why didn’t United sign you up?’” he says. “They wanted me to stay, but know that these things happen in football and they’re happy for me now.

“I’ve been surprised at how well I’ve played and the impact I’ve made, but it’s what I wanted. When I signed here the coach [Antonio Conte] said he trusted me and that he’d give me games. I’m just really happy to be here, to play these games and to be treated like this.”

Having made the step up from the Barclays Premier Reserve League North to Serie A, Pogba’s ambitions for the remainder of the season would seem equally daunting to others; winning a Scudetto and Champions League double and collecting a first full cap for France. Didier Deschamps has been keeping a close eye on his performances, but has so far opted to leave him in his present role as captain of France Under-20s before this summer’s World Cup in Turkey.

Pogba has captained France at every age group since he was 16, other than a six-month suspension for allegedly breaking a contract with Le Havre to join United — allegations that were thrown out by Fifa. Experiencing such a difficult episode at a formative age may go some way towards explaining why he seems to be in such a rush, as well as his remarkable maturity.

“I’ve had a lot of experiences, it’s true, which is great because I can give advice to other young players already,” he says. “I tell them to always focus on football, and to give your best all the time because football is very hard. You can go up quickly, but go down even faster. If you’re not strong mentally you will never make it.

“The big thing about me is I hate losing. I always want to win, which is maybe why the coaches always give me the armband. It’s something I was born with. Even in small games I want to win.

“My ambition this season is to win the league and to play as many games as I can. We have to win the Scudetto again. The Champions League is another target, and if we play like we did in the group games, we can win it.”

Pogba’s competitive spirit may be down to nature, as he claims, but will certainly have been nurtured during his time at United. Ferguson will recognise a hunger he helped to instill if he turns on the television in his Madrid hotel room on Tuesday, and now that some time has passed may even admire the single-mindedness of the one who got away.

Old Lady in rude health

Anyone struggling to comprehend why Paul Pogba chose to swap Manchester for Turin could do worse than visit the newly opened Juventus Museum. An hour in the vast exhibition space at their new stadium, a perfect fusion of old and new that includes everything from the bench on which Juventus was formed by four students in 1897 to a 360 degree screen in a cinema-sized auditorium that provides an insight into the matchday experience, leaves visitors in no doubt as to the size of the club.

Amid Ballon d’Or’s, Michel Platini’s boots and Dino Zoff’s gloves, the trophy room stands out as it contains 53 trophies illuminated on a rotation, while a glance at the records board takes the breath away. In addition to 29 Serie A titles, nine Italian Cups, nine European trophies and two Intercontinental Cups, Juventus also boast the record for producing the most World Cup winners, at 24. Juventus’ history is so important to them as they celebrate the more savoury aspects of their past in the light of the Calciopoli scandal that Pogba and all of last summer’s signings were taken to the museum for an initiation ceremony. Only the most Premier League-centric fan would claim he has taken a step down.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba: I’m still nobody

Feb 18, 2013

Paul Pogba has been one of the revelations of the Serie A season, but he concedes that he has a lot to learn at Juventus.

The 19-year-old joined the Old Lady in the summer on a free transfer after rejecting the offer of a Manchester United renewal.

Pogba has impressed with four goals in 17 Serie A games, while his performances have seen him likened to Patrick Vieira and Marcel Desailly.

“I’m happy to have been compared to great players, but at this moment in time I am a nobody,” the midfielder told Canal+.

“I keep a close eye on how Andrea Pirlo plays in order for me to improve the weak aspects of my game.

“I’m still not a first-team starter at Juventus and boss Antonio Conte has told me that I have to be more competitive in the tackle.”

Pogba started at the weekend during the 1-0 loss at Roma in place of the suspended Claudio Marchisio.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba: I want to stay at Juventus for a long time

The former Manchester United youngster is content with life

at the Old Lady and sees his future at the club.

Feb 25, 2013

Paul Pogba has made it clear that he has no intention of leaving Juventus any time soon and declared his happiness with life in Italy.

The French midfielder joined the Bianconeri from Manchester United on a free transfer in the summer of 2012 and has since impressed with a number of fine performances.

The 19-year-old's form has caught the attention of a number of top European clubs, but Pogba is keen to stay put.

"Attention from other clubs? It doesn’t interest me. I really like it here and I want to play in this shirt for a long time," Pogba was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"Personally, I’m happy because in my first year at Juventus, I’ve already scored five goals."

The midfielder has netted five times in 18 league appearances.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba to stay 'for a long time'

Feb 25, 2013

Paul Pogba has insisted that he wants to stay at Juventus 'for a long time' after a successful first season at the club.

The young French midfielder joined last summer from Manchester United, and has already bagged five goals for the Bianconeri this term.

And the 19-year-old has revealed that he would like to continue with Antonio Conte's side, even with reported interest from other European clubs.

“I do not care if there are stories linking me with other teams,” he told reporters. “I feel really good here at Juventus and I want to stay for a long time.

“Personally, I am very happy with my first year here, partly because I've already scored five goals.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No chance of Juve Pogba exit

Feb 26, 2013

The representative of Paul Pogba has dismissed the idea that the player could be sold by Juventus at the end of the season.

The 19-year-old has been a revelation for the Turin giants since his transfer from Manchester United in the summer.

Although liked by a host of Europe’s top sides, Mino Raiola insists that the midfielder is already at the right club.

“Pogba’s talent is crystal clear,” Mino Raiola told GR Parlamento. “It is hard to find another player like him around.

“Everyone at Juventus is helping him to grow and there are no signs that he will be saying farewell at the end of the season.”

Pogba has scored five goals in 18 League games for the Bianconeri this season. He’s also been used in five Champions League ties.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Man City target Juve's Pogba

Mar 3, 2013

Juventus snapped up Paul Pogba from Manchester United, but it’s now rumoured Manchester City want to bring him back to England.

The talented 19-year-old midfielder left United on a free transfer in the summer and has been a sensation in Turin, scoring five Serie A goals.

There are reports in the Sunday People that the Frenchman could return to Manchester, albeit for United’s rivals City.

While Pogba feels he will get more playing time at Juventus, Manchester City have a huge transfer budget and could potentially tempt the Bianconeri into a sale.

Having signed him on a free transfer, Pogba’s exit would provide a massive boost to the club’s coffers.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti