Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

10 - Paul Pogba

130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Raiola: 'Pogba staying at Juve'

Mar 9, 2013

Paul Pogba has been linked with Manchester City among others, but agent Mino Raiola assures “he has found the right environment at Juventus.”

The teenage midfielder arrived on a free transfer in the summer when his contract with Manchester United expired.

He has won over the fans, media and Coach Antonio Conte, but also a legion of overseas admirers.

“I was at the Juventus HQ the other day, but I was not there to talk about Pogba,” agent Raiola told Tuttosport.

“He has found the right Coach and the right environment at Juventus. He will remain here and you have my word on that because I promised my son that Pogba wouldn’t leave!

“If Juventus want to keep hold of him, I certainly won’t be pushing for him to go. I repeat, he is happy at Juventus and there are no problems.

“Pavel Nedved’s presence has certainly helped the reciprocal respect and understanding I now have with the Juve directors.

“I brought two phenomenal players to Juventus, as I can guarantee Ousaim Buoy is every bit as talented as Pogba.

“He had already earned a starting spot at Brescia, is now recovering from a nasty knee injury and I can see his future in Turin.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Raiola promises that Pogba will not leave Juventus

The influential agent has quashed talk that the French midfielder is heading for an exit

from the Serie A side, adding that the former Manchester United player is settled in Turin.

Mar 9, 2013

Agent Mino Raiola has dismissed rumours that Juventus teenager Paul Pogba is set for an imminent summer departure, amidst purported interest from some of Europe's top sides.

The 19-year-old's performances have won him admirers following his summer switch from Manchester United, but Raiola claims that his client is focused on staying in Turin.

"I was at Juventus the other day, but it was not to discuss any matters relating to Pogba," the Italian told Tuttosport.

"He has found the right coach and environment there. Pogba will remain and you have my word, just as I have promised my son he will not leave.

"If the club wants to keep hold of him, then I will not be pushing him to leave. He is happy at Juventus."

Raiola has been critical of the Bianconeri in recent years, but admitted that his relationship with the club has improved following the appointment of his former client Pavel Nedved as a director.

"Nedved's presence has increased the reciprocal respect and understanding which I now share with their directors," he said.

"I've now brought two phenomenal youngsters to the club, as Ouasim Bouy is every bit as talented as Pogba is.

"He had already earned a starting spot on loan at Brescia. He's recovering from injury now, and I can see his future in Turin too."

The young Ajax academy graduate joined Antonio Conte's side in 2012.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lichtsteiner: Pogba is exceptional

Mar 11, 2013

Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner has claimed that Paul Pogba is the best teenager he has ever seen.

The 19-year-old has been a revelation for the Bianconeri, scoring five goals in 20 League appearances for the club.

And the Switzerland international has admitted that his young teammate is one of the best around for his age.

“I've never seen a player of 19 with such quality,” he told reporters. “He is very smart tactically and great physically.

“He has no rival in his position at his age. There is nothing to say except he is exceptional.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba on Deschamps’ radar

Mar 13, 2013

France boss Didier Deschamps has admitted that he is keeping an eye on Juventus talent Paul Pogba.

The 19-year-old is having an impressive first campaign in Turin which has led to calls that he is ready for the full international stage.

“Paul will be a phenomenon when he’s been playing at these levels for three or four seasons,” former Juve boss Deschamps told Tuttosport.

“However, there is no doubt that he has interesting potential. He has the characteristics and the right head to flourish. You don’t play in so many games for Juventus by chance.

“I speak to Juventus boss Antonio Conte regularly. We’re friends,” the ex-midfielder continued. “I’m calm because Paul is in the right hands.

“Paul’s time will come with the national team. His future just depends on him. He’s already on my preliminary list for the games against Georgia and Spain. You’ll have to see if he makes the final squad.”

Deschamps, who bossed the club to the Serie B title in 2006-07, was also asked about Juventus’ objectives this season.

“They’ve practically won the Scudetto,” he added. “Antonio will obviously say that is not the case, but they took an important step on Sunday.

“In Europe, I don’t see why Juventus can’t win the Champions League. A lot will depend on the draw. If I was Juve I’d want to avoid Real Madrid.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba wants France call-up

Mar 13, 2013

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has claimed that he deserves a call-up to the French national team.

The 19-year-old has yet to play for Didier Deschamps' men, but the Bianconeri man has insisted that his club form is worth an international cap.

“I have been doing some great things this season,” he told reporters. “I have played 20 League games and have scored five goals.

“Serie A is not an easy League and I am very happy.

“Now I am looking forward to hearing the call from the national team.

“I'm working hard to achieve that goal, and if I continue like this, then hopefully it'll come soon.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Varane & Pogba in France squad to face Georgia & Spain

The teenage pair have been rewarded for their breakthrough campaigns at European giants

Real Madrid and Juventus with call-ups to Didier Deschamps' latest Bleus selection.

Mar 14, 2013

Raphael Varane and Paul Pogba have been named in the France squad ahead of next week's World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Georgia and Spain.

The Real Madrid defender received widespread acclaim from much of the footballing sphere following impressive displays against Barcelona and Manchester United over the past few weeks and receives his third call-up, although has yet to be capped.

Meanwhile, his fellow 19-year-old has been in similarly prodigious form since his summer move to Juventus from Manchester United, and in the wake of his maiden bow, Bleus coach Didier Deschamps explained the duo's inclusion.

"Varane has not featured in a single minute with the senior side yet, but I consider him ready to play," the former Olympique de Marseille and Juventus boss said.

"Pogba is often used as a runner, but when he is allowed to advance forward, he can strike the ball with venom. He is versatile enough to play in any midfield position."

Deschamps then dropped his biggest hint yet that stoppers Varane, Laurent Koscielny, Mamadou Sakho and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa would be his first-choice centre-back quartet for the foreseeable future, while he backed Karim Benzema to rediscover his goalscoring touch.

"Arsenal performed at a high level against Bayern. Laurent Koscielny's display caught my eye. He had good legs," he added.

"I have no problems with Mamadou Sakho's playing time. He plays most of PSG's games, although I'd prefer it if he played week in week out.

"It's likely that I will stick with these four central defenders [referring to Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa as the fourth man].

"Everyone can criticise Karim Benzema's performance. but his quality and potential will always be there. He needs just a goal, and he has my trust. France need Benzema at his best."

The Euro 2000 winner then commented on the absences of midfield pair Abou Diaby - currently sidelined with a calf injury - and Toulouse's Etienne Capoue, before calling for complete focus on next Friday's visit of Georgia.

"This is not punishment for Capoue, but he has not been good enough with his club. There is always competition for places," Deschamps continued.

"Abou Diaby has gone three weeks without playing, it's complicated. There are currently too many uncertainties with him.

"The most important fixture is against Georgia. We must be focused on this game so we can get to 10 points. We met the best team in the world (Spain) in October, and we will do so again."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba named in France squad

Mar 14, 2013

Teenager Paul Pogba has been rewarded for his form at Juventus by being named in the France squad.

Didier Deschamps admitted this week that the 19-year-old was on his radar and he has been selected in his latest party.

It is the first time that the midfielder has been picked at full international level.

France play Georgia and Spain on March 22 and 26.

Squad – Goalkeepers: Mickaël Landreau (Bastia), Hugo Lloris (Tottenham), Stève Mandanda (Marseille).

Defenders: Gaël Clichy (Manchester City), Mathieu Debuchy (Newcastle), Patrice Evra (Manchester United), Laurent Koscielny (Arsenal), Christophe Jallet (PSG), Mamadou Sakho (PSG), Raphaël Varane (Real Madrid), Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle).

Midfielders: Yohan Cabaye (Newcastle), Maxime Gonalons (Lyon), Blaise Matuidi (PSG), Paul Pogba (Juventus), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Munich), Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle), Mathieu Valbuena (Marseille).

Forwards: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid), Olivier Groud (Arsenal), Bafetimbi Gomis (Lyon), Jérémy Ménez (PSG), Dimitri Payet (Lille), Loïc Rémy (Queens Park Rangers).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba 'honoured' by France call

Mar 14, 2013

Juventus starlet Paul Pogba is overjoyed at receiving his first call-up for France. “This is only the first step.”

The midfielder celebrates his 20th birthday tomorrow and has been named in Didier Deschamps’ squad to face Georgia and Spain.

“This call-up is very important for me,” he told L’Equipe. “From the moment I got into the Under-16 side, my objective has always been to reach the senior squad.

“Obviously I am very happy and it is an honour to wear this jersey. However, this is only the first step and the really difficult stuff comes now.

“I have to continue working hard, as I have not ‘arrived’ yet. I need to improve in order to become a real top player.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Boghossian impressed by Pogba

Mar 15, 2013

Juventus’ Paul Pogba could have an even better career than Patrick Vieira, says Alain Boghossian.

The kid who today celebrates his 20th birthday has been likened to Vieira, but the former Napoli, Parma and Sampdoria midfielder sees greater potential.

“The most common comparison is with Vieira, but I think he can become stronger than Patrick,” Boghossian told TMW.

“Pogba is doing very well and he has had a great impact on the Italian championship.

“He’s a good kid, he works hard and he has won the confidence of his Coach. If he keeps his head right then I’m sure he will become a top player.”

Pogba left Manchester United for Juventus during the summer. He has scored five goals in 20 Serie A games this term.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba honoured by first France call-up

The 19-year-old has been rewarded for his performances in Serie A

by being named in Didier Deschamps' latest squad.

Mar 15, 2013

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has revealed his delight after being called up by France for the first time.

The 19-year-old has impressed since joining the Bianconeri from Manchester United last summer, scoring five times in 20 appearances and catching the eye of Dider Deschamps in the process.

“This is a very beautiful gift, I am still very happy and shocked. I am moved, so many people have sent me messages and I find it hard to realise that my dream is taking shape," he told RMC Sport.

Pogba, who has been likened to les Bleus legend Patrick Vieira, then revealed his memories of the national side growing up and noted several players from whom he drew inspiration.

He added: “Now, I must remain in the side for as long as possible. My goal is to stay in France team. I still remember 1998 and 2000.

“I had idols, Zidane, Vieira, Pires or Thierry Henry. There were many. It is an honour to wear this jersey."

Pogba will hope to feature for France in their World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Georgia and Spain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba delighted with France call-up

Mar 18, 2013

Paul Pogba has claimed that he is 'very happy' to have been called up by the French national team.

The Juventus midfielder has been named in Didier Deschamps' squad for the World Cup qualifiers with Georgia and Spain this month after some impressive performances for the Bianconeri.

“I am very happy for this opportunity,” he told reporters. “I was surprised, but I know I will not be playing from the first minute.

“Whatever happens it will be a great experience for me.

“I am increasingly convinced about my decision to join Juventus [from Manchester United]. I am really happy to be here.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba: I want to be Pogba, not Vieira

The midfielder says he is ready to make the next step in his career

after earning his first international call-up.

Mar 18, 2013

Paul Pogba is determined to carve out his own reputation and has brushed off comparisons with France legend Patrick Vieira.

Les Bleus are preparing for two important World Cup 2014 qualifiers against Georgia and Spain and sit in second place in Group I, level on points with la Roja.

And after joining up with the national side for the first time at their Clairefontaine base, Pogba outlined his hopes for the future and determination to become his own man.

"Comparisons with Patrick Vieira? Because I have long legs they say I run like him, but Vieira remains Vieira, I want to be Pogba," the 20-year-old told RMC Sport.

"I hope to impose myself on the France team. In any case, I will make every effort to have a great career. I will give everything for it.

"I'm here because the coach believes I’m ready. Besides, I think so. I'm ready to play and show my qualities."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba: 'France thanks to Juve'

Mar 23, 2013

Paul Pogba made his senior France debut and publicly thanked Juventus. “I would never have reached this stage without Juventus and am very grateful.”

The midfielder turned 20 last week and played in France’s 3-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Georgia last night.

“I am happy to have my first cap and always try to ensure I am ready, both for France and my club,” said Pogba.

“Obviously, I would never have reached this stage of the national team without Juventus, so I am very grateful to the Bianconeri.”

It was another message to Manchester United, who Pogba left on a free transfer last summer after complaining of being ignored.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba: Red card was harsh

The 20-year-old feels his dismissal in Tuesday's crucial

World Cup qualifier was an unfair punishment.

Mar 27, 2013

France midfielder Paul Pogba has voiced his frustration with referee Viktor Kassai's decision to dismiss him in Tuesday's 1-0 World Cup 2014 qualification loss against Spain.

The Juventus starlet was booked after 77 minutes of play for a high challenge on Xabi Alonso, only to receive his second yellow card hardly 60 seconds later for a late tackle on Xavi, and Pogba feels Kassai's decision to send him off was harsh.

"I hardly touched him. Yes, there was contact with his foot, but he started screaming and only then did the referee pull out the second yellow card," Pogba was quoted as saying by Ouest France.

"That's football, though. There's nothing I can do to change what happened.

"I feel bad about it because it weakened the team when we tried to get back in the game."

France have dropped to second spot in Group I following Tuesday's loss, trailing la Roja by a single point with three games left to play.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Deschamps backs sent-off Pogba

Mar 27, 2013

France boss Didier Deschamps has no regrets about fielding Juventus’ Paul Pogba in the 1-0 loss to Spain.

The 20-year-old won his second cap last night, but his performance was marred by his dismissal late in the game.

“Paul showed his potential before the two yellow cards,” the former Juventus midfielder and tactician told RMC Sport.

“His first booking was as a result of the fact that he jumped with a high knee and his foot was too far forward in the second incident.

“Paul was winning his second cap against players like Xavi, Busquets and Xabi Alonso who have much more experience.

“I know what Pogba is capable of doing and my mind has not been changed. It is thanks to games like the one against Spain that youngsters will grow.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba aims to emulate Pirlo's career

The Bianconeri midfielder has listed his senior team-mate as a personal figure

of reference and expressed his confidence of progressing in the Champions League.

Apr 6, 2013

Juventus starlet Paul Pogba has cited team-mate Andrea Pirlo as his daily inspiration and wants to emulate the iconic midfielder's career.

After putting in another composed performance in place of the veteran Italian during the Bianconeri's 2-1 victory against Pescara on Saturday, the 20-year-old stepped out to praise his senior's glittering career.

"I enjoyed it [being deployed in Pirlo's customary playmaker role]. He’s a fantastic player," Pogba told reporters after the match.

"I’ve admired him ever since I was a kid and I still watch him closely when he plays. I would like to have a similar career to his."

Owing to the suspension of Arturo Vidal, the stage is set for the newly-capped France international to shine against Bayern Munich in the return leg of the Champions League quarter-finals next Wednesday.

And Pogba has indicated his confidence that Antonio Conte's men can yet overturn the 2-0 first round defeat inflicted by the newly-crowned German champions when they play host in Turin.

"We need to think positive; we’ll be ready for Wednesday’s clash with Bayern and definitely believe we can pull off the comeback," he concluded.

Montenegro international Mirko Vucinic, scorer of both goals against Pescara, reiterated Pogba's sentiment and warned Bayern to expect hostility in the clash at the Juventus Stadium.

"We must believe we can do it. Everyone needs to give more than one hundred per cent and face the game as if it were a war.

"The Germans have won the championship and I’d like to congratulate them, but they certainly won’t be greeted by a party atmosphere here on Wednesday night."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No Real Madrid for Pogba or Niang

Apr 15, 2013

Sky Sport Italia have dismissed reports that Real Madrid have made a move to sign Juventus’ Paul Pogba or M’Baye Niang of Milan.

Stories in Spain today claimed that Real chief Florentino Perez had sent a private jet to collect the father of a young French player who is currently plying his trade in Serie A.

Speculation quickly suggested that Pogba or Niang could be their intended target at the end of the season.

However, Sky Sport Italia market expert Gianluca Di Marzio has this afternoon poured cold water on those reports.

He maintains that the Spanish giants have made no moves to sign any French player who is currently based on the peninsula.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vieira: Pogba better than I was

Apr 18, 2013

Patrick Vieira has been left impressed by Juventus youngster Paul Pogba. “He’s better than I was at his age…”

Pogba, who has been likened to Vieira, is a 20-year-old midfielder who has been a revelation since leaving Manchester United in the summer.

“I first saw him play as a teenager in a game against Portugal,” Vieira, formerly of Milan, Juventus and Inter, told RMC Sport.

“It didn’t take long to understand that he was destined to become a good player, then I saw him for Juve and knew that he was a very strong one.

“I believe that he is a better player than I was at his age. He has a great shot on him and a good physique for someone who has only just turned 20.

“Only time will tell, but I think he has a great opportunity to have an excellent career.

“He will be the next great midfielder of the French national team. He will learn things very quickly.”

Pogba, who was recently handed his first full international cap by Didier Deschamps, has scored five goals in 24 League games this term.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Vieira: Pogba better than I was at that age

The 36-year-old feels the promising youngster has a bright future

ahead of him following his good performances for Juventus this season.

Apr 18, 2013

Former France international Patrick Vieira has taken the time to praise Juventus starlet Paul Pogba and believes the midfielder already plays at a higher level than himself at the age of 20.

The powerful midfielder joined Juve from Manchester United in the summer of 2012 and has since impressed with a number of fine performances for the Bianconeri.

"He is a better player now than I was at the same age. Only time will tell how things pan out for him, but I think that he has a great career ahead of him," Vieira told RMC.

"I believe he can be the next great midfielder for France. He is always calm and very technical. He has a better shot than I had and will score a lot more goals.

"He's already making an impact at Juventus at this young age. When I was that old, I played five games in an entire season at AC Milan."

Pogba has made 24 Serie A appearances so far this term, scoring five goals in the process.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

League to investigate Pogba racism

Apr 29, 2013

Torino striker Riccardo Meggiorini will be investigated by League officials, despite vehemently denying he racially abused Paul Pogba.

Reports on Sunday suggested that the 27-year-old had insulted the Bianconeri midfielder during their 2-0 loss to Antonio Conte's side. The forward however, insisted that the epithet was a 'normal one'.

That has not been enough for Serie A officials though, who have confirmed that there will be an investigation into the matter.

“Having read the report from match officials, we have found that a conversation occurred in the locker room during half-time between leaders of Juventus and Torino about an alleged racial slur addressed by Riccardo Meggiorini to Paul Pogba.

“But given that we need to acquire additional evidence, we will conduct an appropriate investigation.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Three-match ban for Pogba?

May 6, 2013

Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba risks being handed a three-match ban for his spitting dismissal, reports the Corriere dello Sport.

The young Frenchman was red-carded on Sunday in the 1-0 win over Palermo after spitting in the direction of Salvatore Aronica.

If the Corriere is correct and Pogba is stopped for three matches then his season will be brought to a premature end.

Pogba, 20, has been a revelation in Turin since his summer move from Manchester United. He’s scored five goals in 27 League games this term.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba banned for three games

May 6, 2013

Paul Pogba’s season is over after the Juventus midfielder was banned for three games after his dismissal against Palermo.

The heavy punishment was expected after the 20-year-old was sent off for spitting in the direction of Palermo stopper Salvatore Aronica.

Given that there are just three games left this term, the former Manchester United youngster’s campaign has been brought to a premature end.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba: Conte gave me a chance

May 6, 2013

Paul Pogba has praised Juventus Coach Antonio Conte, claiming that the tactician has given him a chance this season.

The 20-year-old France international has enjoyed a revelatory campaign in Serie A, winning the Scudetto at the first attempt.

And the midfielder has insisted that the 43-year-old has been important in his development, whilst also commenting on the League success.

“Conte has done nothing but push me,” he told fifa.com. “It is easy to end up nowhere, so I have to keep working hard.

“It is my first year, but the Coach has shown he is not afraid to give me a chance, and that age does not mean a thing.

“I immediately had a good feeling when I signed and he spoke to me.

“My choice to come to Juventus last summer has been rewarded with the title.

“It is a great joy and I'm glad to be at such a great club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Pogba reminds me of Carl Lewis, says Juventus fitness coach

The Bianconeri are hoping to maximise the young midfielder's physical attributes,
according to Julio Tous who believes the Frenchman could make a successful transition to athletics.

May 11, 2013

Juventus fitness coach Julio Tous says Paul Pogba's "extraordinary" athleticism reminds him of nine-time Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis.

The midfielder, 20, has impressed in his debut Serie A campaign with a series of powerful displays since arriving from Manchester United last summer, and the Old Lady's fitness coach revealed the club are keen to maximise the France international's physical potential.

"Coaching Paul Pogba is a little like coaching Carl Lewis. I don't know what kind of career [Pogba] will go on to have, but as an athlete he is extraordinary," he told Tuttosport.

"I've encouraged Pogba to concentrate on running 400 meters. We are definitely trying to push him in that direction."

Tous' fellow trainer Paolo Bertelli, meanwhile, showered praise on Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Pirlo - the latter of whom has "surprised" the 52-year-old with his work-rate, despite the Italy playmaker's advancing years.

"Last year, we had an extraordinary [Marcelo] Estigarribia, but now - if we talk about sheer power - Giorgio Chiellini is top," he added.

"I was surprised to find out that [Andrea] Pirlo was a guy who never gives up. He never asks to do less and only does the work that is required of him. He is always available.

"Dealing with him is one of the most positive experiences of my adventure at Juventus. I previously worked in Spain, where often a player with his characteristics attempts to do less, thinking that his quality will make up for a lack of commitment in training."

And Constantino Coratti, another member of Juve's fitness staff, concluded that the side's dip in form during January was purely coincidental, while their Champions League elimination at the hands of Bayern Munich could be explained by a longer winter break in Germany.

"In January we were not always winning, but I don't think it was due to a dip in form. I believe it was random because from a physical standpoint, our performance levels have always been high," he said.

"In Germany, the winter championship stops for a month and a half. Besides the Bundesliga only has 18 teams, so there are fewer matches to play and that helps."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti