Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Carlos Tevez

130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Official: Tevez joins Juventus

Jun 26, 2012

Carlos Tevez is officially a Juventus player after completing his transfer from Manchester City and will wear the Number 10 jersey.

The Bianconeri confirmed the financial details of the deal, which is €9m payable in two financial years plus a further €6m in performance-related bonuses in the next three seasons.

He put pen to paper on a contract holding him to Juve until June 30 2016.

“Juventus Football Club has today completed the capture of Carlos Alberto Tévez from Manchester City,” read a statement.

“The Argentine forward, who will wear the number 10 shirt, has agreed to sign a contract which will keep him with the club until 30 June 2016.

“Welcoming Tévez to the Bianconeri’s city centre headquarters were Andrea Agnelli, Giuseppe Marotta and Aldo Mazzia. The striker then moved to conduct the first part of his medical at Turin’s Fornaca di Sessant and Isokinetic medical centres.

“After undergoing the second half of his medical tomorrow, Thursday 27 June, the 29-year-old will subsequently be presented to the media at Juventus Stadium from 11.30am (CET) onwards.”

Tevez has already given a brief statement to the media, noting "Juventus wanted me more" than contenders Milan.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus confirm Tevez signing

The Serie A champions have announced the capture of the Manchester City striker,
who will wear the No.10 shirt in Turin next season after penning a three-year deal.

Jun 26, 2013

Juventus have confirmed they have signed striker Carlos Tevez from Manchester City on a three-year deal.

The 29-year-old will move to Italy for a fee of €12 million with an extra €5.8m to be paid if the Bianconeri win the league and reach the Champions League semi-finals next season.

The Old Lady announced the news on Twitter saying: "Carlos Tevez joins Juventus! Send your welcome messages to our new champion", accompanied by a picture of the striker the club's jersey.

The Argentine had earlier revealed that he had chosen to move to Turin ahead of AC Milan because Antonio Conte's side had "wanted him more".

Tevez leaves City after four years having won both the Premier League and the FA Cup during his time at the Etihad Stadium, scoring 74 goals in 148 appearances.

The Argentine notched 11 Premier League goals for City last season as the club finished runners-up to Manchester United.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus had tried to sign Tevez before, reveals agent

The player's representative has claimed that the Bianconeri had previously been
after the forward and added that he turned down offers from Anzhi and Monaco.

Jun 27, 2013

Carlos Tevez's representative, Kia Joorabchian, has revealed that Juventus had already tried to sign the Argentina international on a number of occasions in the past before finally landing their man on Wednesday.

The 29-year-old has inked a three-year deal with the Serie A champions after they had reached an agreement with Manchester City over a transfer fee.

"This was certainly not the first year that we spoke with Juventus,” Joorabchian told the Corriere dello Sport.

"They had already attempted to sign Carlos a few times before. That means that they really wanted him. This time they were immediately very concrete."

The attacker’s representative then revealed that AC Milan, Monaco and Anzhi Makhachkala were keen on signing Tevez as well, but he only wanted Juve.

"Anzhi and Monaco really wanted him as well, but he wanted to join a club with a big history and an ambitious project, even if he could have earned more elsewhere.

"Are the people at Milan a bit upset with the transfer? I feel sorry if that's the case, but Carlitos really wanted to join Juventus."

Tevez started his professional career with Boca Juniors and also represented Corinthians, West Ham United and Manchester United before joining City in 2009.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Barry: Tevez a big loss for City

The central midfielder mourns the departure of his former colleague but wishes the controversial
Argentine good luck at his new club, Juventus, where he expects him to succeed.

Jun 27, 2013

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry says that he is sad to see Carlos Tevez depart for Juventus.

The 29-year-old completed his move to Turin on Wednesday for a fee beginning at €12 million, a transfer which brings to an end his four-year spell at the Etihad Stadium.

Tevez played a major role in City's rise to the top of English football in recent seasons, helping them to win the FA Cup in 2011 and the Premier League title in 2011-12.

"It will be a massive loss for Manchester City," Barry told Sky Sports.

"He has had a fantastic few years there and he has been fantastic to play alongside. To hear that news is quite sad but he will go and do a great job wherever he goes."

Tevez is City's top scorer in the Premier League era with 58 goals.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: It's an honour to be given Del Piero's shirt

The Argentine attacker is keen to emulate the Bianconeri icon
and has set his sights on winning silverware with the Italian champions.

Jun 27, 2013

Carlos Tevez feels honoured to be awarded the No.10 shirt that previously belonged to Juventus icon Alessandro Del Piero following his transfer from Manchester City.

The Argentina international signed a three-year deal with the Serie A champions on Wednesday and is keen to follow in the footsteps of the former Italy international in Turin.

"It's a pleasure to have Del Piero's shirt. He's a great champion and I hold him in high esteem," he said at a press conference.

"The big challenge isn't wearing the No.10, but being up to the standard of Juve. I wore Maradona's No.10 at Boca..."

Tevez then went on to discuss his ambitions for next season and stressed that winning the Serie A title is his main objective.

"I'm not currently thinking about being next season's top scorer. I'm thinking about the targets the team could reach.

"We must win Serie A. The dream is the Champions League, but we need to take one step at a time.

"Playing for Juve, one of the greatest clubs in the world, excites me. I've always liked Italian football. I want to bring my experience and quality to the team."

The 29-year-old also briefly discussed AC Milan's interest and stressed that he has not been in touch with Rossoneri CEO Adriano Galliani recently.

"I want to make this clear: I haven't spoken to Galliani recently, the last time was over a year ago."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez only wanted Juventus

Jun 27, 2012

Carlos Tevez was also of interest to Milan, Anzhi and Monaco before accepting a move to Juventus, his representative has stated.

The Argentine international completed his transfer to the Turin giants on Wednesday after a deal was agreed with Manchester City.

Milan were also very keen on the striker, but they were not in a position to make a bid for the forward.

“Milan are a little angry? I’m sorry if that is the case, but Carlitos wanted to join Juventus,” Kia Joorabchian told the Corriere dello Sport.

“Anzhi really wanted him too, a club where he would have earned a lot more money, but he wanted a club with a great history, a rich tradition and, naturally, with an ambitious and important project.

“Carlitos chose Juventus because he still wants to win in Europe before returning to Boca Juniors. He wants to help the club win their third Scudetto in a row.

“Monaco? Yes, they were also there. We saw each other and discussed him, but the offer from the Bianconeri was the most engaging.”

The Old Lady are looking to strengthen this summer in an effort to compete in the Champions League.

“I saw Bayern Munich a lot and Juve were one of the few sides who caused them problems,” Joorabchian added. “Tevez can help to reduce the gap.”

The German giants, who went on to win the competition, beat Juve 4-0 on aggregate in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

No Tevez regrets for Milan .asd

Jun 27, 2012

Milan chief Adriano Galliani says he has no regrets about missing out on Carlos Tevez after the latter joined Scudetto rivals Juventus.

The Diavolo have been in talks about possibly signing the Argentine since January 2012, but the striker has now completed a move to the Old Lady.

“It wasn’t a transfer that has wiped the smile off my face,” Galliani told journalists outside of the Lega Calcio offices. “Seeing Tevez in a Juventus shirt has no effect on me.

“Tevez said that Juventus wanted him more than Milan? That is the truth. We stopped because nobody left.

“We have five attackers who numerically and quality wise are more than sufficient, so it is therefore obvious that nobody could come in if someone didn’t head out.

“We’ve said for some time that we can’t buy if we don’t sell.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus unveil No 10 Tevez

Jun 27, 2012

Carlos Tevez is relishing the challenge of becoming the new No 10 for Juventus after he completed his switch to the Old Lady.

The Argentine was unveiled to the media on Thursday after an initial €9m transfer fee was agreed with Manchester City.

The forward has been handed the mythical 10 jersey, a shirt which went unassigned last season after Alessandro Del Piero left at the end of his contract in 2012.

“The responsibility of the 10 is enormous,” Tevez, who director general Beppe Marotta later revealed had asked for the number, stated.

“I already inherited that shirt from Diego Maradona at Boca Juniors. I respect it, it provides me with a challenge.

“I respect Del Piero, who is a symbol of this club and a great player.”

Tevez has moved to Turin despite attracting the interest of Scudetto rivals Milan over the last 18 months.

“I met Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani on two or three occasions,” he noted. “I haven’t met him recently though, the last time was last year.

“I chose Juventus because it was my dream to play here in Italy and the Bianconeri were the only club who really wanted me. Your football is one of the hardest and most beautiful in the world.

“I thank Juventus for working so hard to sign me and I thank City for those splendid years together. Juventus are a great side and that is the first reason why I am here.

“The decision to come here was not made over the last few days. Juve had chased me in 2011 as well. After I spoke with them I knew that joining would be the best decision.”

Tevez is a versatile forward and he admitted that he doesn’t know yet for sure what boss Antonio Conte will ask of him.

“Conte will decide who I will play alongside and where I will be used,” he added. “I still haven’t spoken to the Coach yet.

“I can give experience and quality to the team,” he added. “I promise the fans that I will give my contribution in search of victories.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve never feared losing Tevez

Jun 27, 2012

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta felt the Italian champions were always in pole position to sign Carlos Tevez.

The Argentine has joined the Turin giants after a transfer fee, initially of €9m, was agreed with Manchester City.

“It was a difficult signing, but one which has made us very proud because he is a player who we have wanted to get for a few years,” Marotta said as the forward was unveiled on Thursday.

“We managed it this time despite some tough competition – and I am talking about Italian and foreign clubs. Teams which represent the elite of the game.

“Even when we were defining the details, an important European side made a move for him,” Marotta, thought to be referring to Real Madrid, added.

“However, Carlitos, through his agents, had always underlined his desire to wear our shirt. We kept a low profile, but we were always optimistic.”

Tevez requested that he be handed the No 10 shirt that belonged to Alessandro Del Piero and the club have agreed.

“The club felt that the player was of the right profile, who had professional and human qualities, to become the jersey’s heir,” the official added.

“It is certainly a heavy shirt to wear, but sooner or later somebody was going to get it. It was right to show him our faith.”

Juventus have been widely applauded for their swoop, but Marotta reminded everyone of their already wrapped up move for Athletic Bilbao’s Fernando Llorente.

“Tevez is our second signing, because we have already netted Llorente on a Bosman. He’s an equally important arrival.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Juve have another great No.10'

Jun 27, 2012

Juventus owner John Elkann has insisted that the club have 'another great number 10' following Carlos Tevez's arrival.

The Argentine forward has been given Alessandro Del Piero's old shirt number after he signed from Manchester City for €10m.

And the CEO of the Exor group who own the Bianconeri has admitted that the team can be proud of their purchase.

“Finally Juventus have another great number 10,” he told reporters. “We have always had great number 10s, and this is another great opportunity for the team.

“It is great that a player of that calibre has joined us.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez's Juventus move will not break
community service rules, insist lawyers

The Argentine, who made the switch from Manchester City to Turin on Wednesday,
has yet to complete the 250 hours of community service he was given in April.

Jun 29, 2013

Juventus new boy Carlos Tevez's lawyers insists “no rules have been broken” following his transfer from Manchester City to Turin, despite having outstanding community service to serve in the United Kingdom.

The 29-year-old finalised a deal to join the Serie A champions on Wednesday after spending four seasons at Manchester City, for a fee of around €12 million.

But the Argentina international still has a significant portion of the 250 hours of community service he received in April to carry out, and will be unable to complete his sentence before pre-season starts with Juventus in two weeks' time.

But Tevez's lawyer, Gwyn Lewis, insists the former West Ham and Manchester United striker has done nothing wrong and will endeavour to follow the appropriate procedures.

“No rules or regulations have been broken in relation to Carlos Tevez's community service order,” a statement from his legal team reads.

“We are acting on behalf of Mr Tevez to make sure he abides by all the rules.”

Tevez was banned from driving for six months, fined £1,000 and given 250 hours' community service in April after admitting to driving while disqualified and without insurance.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: Juve treasure or trouble?

As Juventus announce the signing of Carlos Tevez from Manchester City,
Alex Mott asks if the Argentine is worth the hassle.

Jun 29, 2013

“I chose Juventus because it was my dream to play here in Italy and the Bianconeri were the only club who really wanted me,” Carlos Tevez stated at his official unveiling on Thursday afternoon. “Your football is one of the hardest and most beautiful in the world.”

After back-to-back Scudetti without a true goalscorer, the Old Lady now have two on their books. Fernando Llorente will come in this summer after running down his contract at Athletic Bilbao, and with the Manchester City forward joining him for as little as €9m, the rest of Serie A are right to be scared going into the 2013-14 campaign.

The Argentine striker may not be known for his loyalty and dedication to the cause, but when he gets it right, as Sir Alex Ferguson and Roberto Mancini can attest, the 29-year-old gets it very, very right. 107 goals in nearly 250 games for both Manchester clubs shows the talent Tevez has at his disposal. Which is a good job really, because being given the No.10 jersey at the Juventus Stadium means having to hit the back of the net regularly.

There was general bemusement when Antonio Conte’s side decided to hand the mythical shirt to the bullish, bolshie Argentine. Having gone untouched since Alessandro Del Piero left the club in 2012, it was widely expected to remain so, and perhaps even be retired. However, as owner John Elkann explained, “Juve now have another great No.10.”

There is certainly going to be pressure going into the new season for Tevez – expectations will be high, and with that shirt number on his back, fans will want the best, all of the time. Luckily, the Buenos Aires-born attacker knows pressure, as he explained to reporters. “The responsibility of the 10 is enormous. I already inherited that shirt from Diego Maradona at Boca Juniors. I respect it, it provides me with a challenge. I respect Del Piero, who is a symbol of this club and a great player.”

He may be saying all the right things, but as Ferguson and Mancini can also confirm, the striker has another more temperamental side. At every club he’s been to, Tevez has sought the exit door after a season or two – it happened at West Ham, where he pushed through a move to Old Trafford. And when that went wrong, it wasn’t long before he was off across the city to the Etihad Stadium. Some promising early performances were then followed by a fall-out with Mancini and that incident in Munich. A nine-month sabbatical and mid-season golfing holidays in Argentina were interspersed with a hat-trick against Norwich and match-winning goals against Aston Villa and Swansea.

Carlos Tevez is a man of contradictions – mature calmness in front of goal mixed with a child’s tendency to sulk. A man who works tirelessly on the pitch when it suits him, but very little off it. Some may say it’s a gamble from Juventus, but at just €9m, it’s probably a gamble worth taking.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve fans snap up Tevez shirts

Jun 29, 2013

Juventus fans have taken Carlos Tevez to their hearts, as his Number 10 jersey is flying out of the club shop.

The striker arrived from Manchester City this week for €9m plus a potential further €6m in performance-related bonuses.

Although there was some controversy about the fact he was given the Number 10 jersey left vacant by Alessandro Del Piero a year ago, supporters appear to be embracing the new buy.

The Corriere dello Sport claims up to 95 per cent of the shirts sold over the last three days in the Juve Store had the name Tevez on them.

This season there was another report from Danish media that the Juve Store had not sold a single Nicklas Bendtner jersey.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Ronaldo doesn't make me dream like Rooney & Messi

The Argentine has confessed that he is not a massive fan of the Real Madrid ace,
while also claiming his infamous touchline row with Roberto Mancini was not his fault.

Jun 30, 2013

Carlos Tevez has revealed there would be no room for Cristiano Ronaldo in his fantasy forward line, claiming Wayne Rooney and Lionel Messi are both superior players to the Portuguese.

The Argentine, who has just swapped Manchester City for Juventus, insists his former Manchester United colleague lacks the ability to take the breath away.

Indeed, when asked in an interview with Tuttosport what his dream attacking triumvirate would be, Tevez replied: "My ideal trident would be me with Rooney and Messi. They are the players who make me dream - not Ronaldo."

Meanwhile, Tevez was at pains to reassure Juventus fans he is no longer a troublemaker, and insisted his infamous touchline bust-up with former boss Roberto Mancini during a Champions League game at Bayern Munich was not his fault.

"On television, it seemed worse than it was," the attacker explained. "When the coach decided to remove [Edin] Dzeko and put on a defender I went back to the bench disappointed.

"But the one who was really angry was Dzeko, who started to insult Mancini in Bosnian, with Mancini answering him in Italian - it was a surreal scene.

"I was fine talking with [Pablo] Zabaleta but when Mancini turned, he saw me sitting down and was furious, but only because he was furious after the row with Dzeko.

"At the beginning of my career in England, I was a hothead. If the coach replaced me, I cursed and insulted him. Now I'm not like this; I have learned how to behave."

The 29-year-old Tevez will wear the No.10 jersey for the Bianconeri next season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'I used to be a hot-head'

Jun 30, 2013

New Juventus signing Carlos Tevez admits he “used to be a hot-head, but I’ve learned how to behave. I am simply honest.”

The striker completed his transfer from Manchester City for €9m plus a potential further €6m in performance related bonuses.

He sat down with Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport to reassure fans about his fiery reputation.

“I am simply honest,” he noted. “At the start of my career in England I used to be a hot-head. If the manager substituted me, I’d swear and insult him. I’m not like that anymore, as I’ve learned how to behave.”

Most famously Tevez refused to come off the bench in the final minutes of a Champions League match with Bayern Munich, infuriating Roberto Mancini.

“On TV it looked much worse than it was. When the manager decided to take off Edin Dzeko and introduce a defender, I was upset and sat back down on the bench.

“However, at that moment the really angry one was Dzeko, who started insulting Mancini in Bosnian and the manager replied in Italian. It was a surreal scene.

“I was sitting there talking to Zabaleta and when Mancini turned round he saw me sitting down, but was furious because of the row with Dzeko and took it out on me.

“My rapport with Mancini wasn’t always ideal, but there was always great respect.”

Carlitos was signed because Juventus lack a finisher, though he insists that is only a small part of his game.

“I am not desperate to score goals, as I prefer to work for the team, perfect a move and create an assist for my teammate. Obviously if the chance arises then I do know how to find the net... I like scoring, but I am not egotistical.

“I do not have a favourite goal, as they are all the same to me. The important thing is that it goes over the line.”

Tevez had also been linked with Real Madrid, but aimed a sideswipe at their star player Cristiano Ronaldo – his former Manchester United teammate.

“My ideal trident would be me with Wayne Rooney and Leo Messi. They are the players who make me dream, not Ronaldo.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

jjpkhx.png

Juventus Stunned As Tevez Could Face
Jail Time Upon Return to UK :|

Jun 30, 2013

In a stunning revelation for Juventus, it has been revealed that Carlos Tevez could face jail time if his appeal to alter the terms of his driving ban sentence goes awry.

Reportedly, Carlos Tevez is returning to Manchester in order to attempt to appeal his sentence of 250 hours of community service. He is apparently hoping to attain a renewed sentence for his ban – due to his “changed circumstances” of now playing in Italy.

However, if the court deems his appeal as evasion, then they are well within their rights to command Tevez to serve jail time in order to fulfill his punishment.

The appeal is similar to that of red cards and yellow cards in footbal. A club is well within their rights to appeal the issue of a card to a player, but upon review the governing body is similarly able to increase the punishment rather than show mercy.

Tevez was handed a six-month ban in January following three motoring offences within close proximity to one another. A substantial amount of the community service that Tevez was meant to complete remains unfinished, and probation officers have reportedly been warning Tevez that he must complete his service before he permanently moves to Italy.

Tevez’s legal team are thus hoping to gain a re-sentencing hearing in order to lessen the load of community service on the Argentine. This appeal, however, could leave the forward behind bars rather than smashing in goals in Italy for the foreseeable future.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez deserves No.10 shirt, says Mancini

The former Manchester City coach is full of praise for his old player
and says he is a worthy successor to Alessandro Del Piero's jersey in Turin.

Jul 1, 2013

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini feels Carlos Tevez is a "worthy successor" to the No.10 jersey previously worn by Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero.

The Argentine striker played under the Italian between 2009 and 2013, before moving on to the Bianconeri for a fee of around €12 million.

And Mancini is backing Antonio Conte's decision to hand over the No.10 shirt to the 29-year-old on his arrival, saying he is one of the most gifted forwards on the planet.

"Carlos is one of the most talented strikers in the world, with Juve he will be a step above the others in Italy," the 48-year-old told Tuttosport.

"He has just been handed the No.10 jersey, formerly worn by Del Piero. Alex will always be remembered as a Juventus legend but I think Carlos will be a worthy successor. Indeed, he is the right man to wear the 10 on his back."

"Now Conte will not only win the third championship in a row, but is also ready to assault the Champions League. Tevez is about to make a difference in Europe. I can't wait to see him play in our league."

Mancini went on to voice his hope that Serie A can attract more star's of Tevez's ilk in the coming years.

"In recent years, some great players have moved away from our country and for this reason the arrival of Tevez is also be an important signal for Italian football.

"I hope that in the coming years other top players will follow, but I think we have to remain patient before the league can get back to being as competitive as it used to be."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mancini: Tevez is a true champion

Jul 1, 2013

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini believes that Juventus can win even more silverware with Carlos Tevez up front.

The Argentine signed from the Premier League club last week to much fanfare, and the Italian tactician has claimed that the fans' reaction is for a reason.

“I cannot wait to see him play in our League,” he told Tuttosport. “Tevez is a champion – the top player Juve were missing.

“He will allow Juve to make that next step. That purchase will allow the Bianconeri to go a step above the other teams.

“It is never easy to win, especially if you have already won two championships, but I think Conte's team have what it takes to win a third.

“Tevez knows how to make the difference.

“I think Carlos is a worthy successor to Alex [Del Piero's No.10 shirt].

“Conte will have no problems because Carlos is a model professional.”

Mancini then commented on his own future.

“For now I am resting – sea, sun and lots of sports. Then we will see what happens.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Balotelli: I told Tevez to join Milan

The striker has revealed the Argentine ignored him to swap Manchester City for Juventus.

Jul 5, 2013

AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli says he tried unsuccessfully to convince Carlos Tevez to join the club instead of Juventus this summer.

The Argentine, 29, followed in the footsteps of Robinho, Nigel de Jong and Balotelli in swapping Manchester City for Serie A football but, instead of joining the Rossoneri like the aforementioned trio, the forward signed for the Bianconeri in late June.

Balotelli says his former Blues team-mate would not listen to his pleas to join Massimiliano Allegri's squad.

"I'm not afraid of Juve: I respect all clubs but fear none. Tevez is a friend - I told him to come to Milan, however, he did not listen and went to Juve.

If I happen [to come against him], on the pitch, I'll take the ball around him!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez wants Argentina return for World Cup

The 29-year-old has been frozen out of the international fold by current
Albiceleste boss Alejandro Sabella, but the Bianconeri striker would welcome a recall.

Jul 5, 2013

Carlos Tevez has revealed that he would be happy to accept an invitation to return to the Argentina squad for next year's World Cup.

The Juventus striker has not featured for the Albiceleste since Alejandro Sabella took charge of the national team in August 2011.

Tevez would love to represent his country in Brazil but accepts that his services are probably no longer required by Argentina, who are currently three points clear at the top of the South American qualification standings.

"I think the Albiceleste are doing well, and it's the same with me," the 29-year-old told Cronica. "I would not say no if they called me for the World Cup, but I think that it [qualification] is already certain.

"Certainly, they are playing well even without me."

For the time being, though, Tevez's primary concern is proving himself at Juventus following his summer switch from Manchester City, a challenge he is looking forward to enormously.

"I have no problem with [the sense of expectancy]," he declared. "In the past, I have demonstrated the ability to withstand any pressure, even the weight of responsibility of wearing this jersey.

"Indeed, I must say that the responsibility excites me."

The Bianconeri paid a reported €12 million to sign Tevez from City in June.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'Juve are demanding'

Jul 6, 2013

Carlos Tevez is not afraid of wearing Alessandro Del Piero’s shirt. “Juventus are very demanding and I will be ready.”

The striker arrived from Manchester City this week for €9m plus a potential €6m in performance-related bonuses, choosing the number 10 jersey.

“I have to be back in Italy on July 9 to begin pre-season training, when we’ll be in Turin for two days and then in the mountains for 10 days,” he told Argentine newspaper Cronica.

“Juve are a very demanding club and I will be ready. I think pre-season will be very important to help me settle into Italian football and know what I am facing. Those days of training with my teammates will be crucial.”

There was controversy over Juve’s decision to hand the legendary 10 to newcomer Tevez, but he shrugged it off.

“In truth I feel absolutely no pressure. I don’t think about the shirt number at all. I am concentrated on preparing as best I can for the season.

“My new teammates have already made me feel at home and it’s fantastic, it makes me want to get started straight away.

“The fans also gave me a warm welcome. I had difficulty leaving the airport because there were so many supporters and they followed me everywhere. It was incredible.”

Tevez also stated he would one day finish his career at Boca Juniors and would gladly accept a return to the Argentina squad, “but for now I think the national team is alright without me.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Sabella is afraid of me

The Juventus attacker thinks the national team boss might be scared of him
and has expressed his desire to end his career in his native country.

Jul 10, 2013

Carlos Tevez thinks there is little chance he will make it into Argentina's squad for the 2014 World Cup because of his troublesome relationship with head coach Alejandro Sabella.

The Juventus striker, who has not featured for the Albiceleste since Sabella took charge in August 2011, had stated last week he would welcome a return to the national team ahead of next year's tournament.

However, he has now admitted that a comeback seems very unlikely at this point.

"I already know that I will not make it into Argentina's World Cup squad. Sabella has never called upon me so far," Tevez told an Argentine radio station.

"I don't know why Sabella refuses to call me up. Maybe he is afraid of me ...

"I don't miss wearing the Argentina jersey. I love playing for my country, but the coach has made another decision.

"It is impossible for me to watch Argentina play, because it hurts too much to see them."

Tevez, 29, then went on to discuss his long-term future and says he intends to end his career in his native country.

He added: "I want to return to Argentina and play for Boca Juniors once my contract with Juventus expires."

The forward signed a three-year deal with Juve earlier this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez laughs off weight claim

Jul 10, 2013

Carlos Tevez has laughed off suggestions that Juventus think he is overweight, and affirmed that his career with Argentina is ‘a closed chapter’.

There were reports in Italy yesterday that suggested that the Argentine’s medical checks whilst completing a move from Manchester City to Juve highlighted that he was six kilograms overweight and would be subject to scrutiny in the first few days of preseason.

However, in preparing to fly out to meet up with his new Bianconero teammates, the 29-year-old has rejected those claims.

“I’ve not yet arrived at Juventus and there are some that claim I am overweight and have to lose six kilos,” reflected Tevez to reporters in Argentine.

“But I have not yet been weighed. It makes me laugh to hear certain things. Juventus have not told me anything in this sense.”

Tevez has not featured for his national side since 2011 and confirmed that he is resigned to missing out on the 2014 World Cup.

“Everyone knows that I love the Albiceleste shirt, but I certainly do not miss it.

“The doors to the national team are closed for me, you know, and if you want the reasons then you have to ask the current coaching staff, who have never called me up.

“I know why I have been left out but it is not for me to say. Evidently the Coach [Alejandro Sabella] likes other strikers more.

“I know very well that I will not go to the next World Cup even if I were to make sparks, I am resigned to this. I will be a fan.

“Did I fall out with Lionel Messi? It is true that there are fans of Messi and fans of Tevez, but between us there has never been any problem, we have always had good relations in the dressing room.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez community service rescinded

Jul 10, 2013

Juventus signing Carlos Tevez will not have to complete his community service in Manchester, as it was rescinded today.

The former Manchester City striker had been ordered to do 250 hours of community service for driving offences, but that became extremely difficult after he moved to Turin.

Today a court agreed to rescind the order and replace it with a £3,000 fine instead.

Tevez also scoffed at media reports Juventus had told him to lose 6kg in pre-season.

“I have not even been weighed. It makes me laugh to hear certain things.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'Harder work than in England'

Jul 12, 2012

Carlos Tevez already realised Juventus and Serie A are going to be tough. “I’ll certainly have to run much more than in England...”

The former Manchester City striker started pre-season training this week under Antonio Conte’s orders.

“I found a team ready to target an historic third consecutive Scudetto, but who can also win the Champions League,” he told journalists in Chatillon.

“What do I say after my first day of training? Well, I’ll certainly have to run much more than in England...

“Feeling the passion of the fans is important for me. I came here to work hard and it took me just half a session to realise I’ll have to work harder than in England.”

Juventus director general Beppe Marotta also spoke to the media this afternoon and commented on the forward.

“We are happy to have Tevez here, as he represents the present and the future of Juventus. The leader of this group is without doubt Conte, who has great charisma and manages to transmit that grit to the squad.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti