Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Carlos Tevez

130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez on target in Juventus Day

Aug 11, 2013

Juventus A beat Juventus B 4-1 in today’s traditional game against the youth team, with Carlos Tevez on target.

The so-called ‘Juventus Day’ is a celebration at the Villar Perosa training ground attended by thousands of fans and former players, which today included UEFA President Michel Platini.

The senior squad took just three minutes to open the scoring with Arturo Vidal, followed by Leonardo Bonucci turning in a Tevez cross.

http://markting10.nl/

Tevez got his own name on the scoresheet at the dawn of the second half with a smart chip over the goalkeeper.

The Primavera pulled one back through Zoran Josipovic, who also hit the woodwork, but Fabio Quagliarella rounded out the scoreline.

The match finished 10 minutes early due to a peaceful pitch invasion from the fans.

Juventus A: Buffon, Bonucci, Ogbonna, Chiellini, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah, Tevez, Giovinco
Juventus B: Vannucchi, Bertinetti, Romagna, Garcia Tena, Cifarelli, Emmanuello, Cevallos, Gerbaudo, Donis, Marzouk, Lanini

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez sees Conte-Ferguson link

Aug 19, 2013

Carlos Tevez has compared Juventus boss Antonio Conte to Manchester United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Argentine has been working under the Italian for a matter of weeks since his move from Manchester City and he’s been instantly impressed.

“Conte, in certain ways, reminds me of Ferguson,” the 29-year-old, who spent two seasons at Old Trafford, noted. “Especially in his desire to leave no stone unturned.”

The forward was one of the club’s big three summer signings and he lifted his first trophy for the Old Lady last night.

“I’m happy about the victory and the team’s performance as a whole,” he stated after scoring in the 4-0 Italian Super Cup win over Lazio.

“This Juventus side can go far and the aim is to win another Scudetto, but we know we still have to improve.”

Tevez had struggled to impress in pre-season friendlies, but he’s happy with the progress he is making at Vinovo.

“I feel good physically and I will develop as I continue to get games under my belt,” he explained. “All I have to improve is my contact with the ball and my understanding with my teammates.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Conte is just like Fergie

The Juventus striker has lauded his new coach's winning mentality
in the wake of the 4-0 Supercoppa Italiana triumph over Lazio on Sunday.

Aug 19, 2013

Juventus forward Carlos Tevez has compared coach Antonio Conte to Sir Alex Ferguson, whom he played under at Manchester United.

The Argentine made his competitive debut for the Italian champions in the 4-0 Supercoppa win over Lazio on Sunday and says the 44-year-old has the same mentality as the legendary Scot.

“He’s just like Ferguson because he is winner,” the former Manchester City striker told Rai Sports.

“Conte, just as Sir Alex, does not leave anything to chance.”

The 29-year-old was on the scoresheet against Vladimir Petkovic's side and while he is happy with his first contribution for the Bianconeri, he has stressed that he is still getting back to full fitness.

“I’m happy with how things went in the game with the way we played," he continued.

“I’ve not been playing for some time, but physically I’m fine, I’m just missing a little fitness.”

Tevez also reserved praise for new team-mate Mirko Vucinic after the game.

“He has incredible qualities,” he admired. “It is the second game we have played together and it’s always nice to play alongside great players.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: Vucinic partnership works

Aug 22, 2013

Carlos Tevez is confident he can form a potent strike partnership with Mirko Vucinic at Juventus this season.

Boss Antonio Conte is set to field the duo at Sampdoria on Saturday given that Fernando Llorente, signed from Athletic Bilbao this summer, is struggling for form.

“I get on well with Vucinic,” the capture from Manchester City told Tuttosport. “He is a player who makes the difference.

“We only played for the second time together in Rome on Sunday and obviously we need to get to know each other better and refine our movements, but I’m already satisfied.”

Tevez and Vucinic were handed starting shirts in the 4-0 Italian Super Cup win over Lazio at the weekend.

“It was an excellent start to the season,” added the Argentine who scored in the rout. “But we have to remain focused and prepare well for the start of the championship.

“I feel in good shape even if I think that I will improve game after game.

“Our first objective here is to win the Scudetto again so that we can enter the history books. Then we can think about something else.

“The dream is to win the Champions League and we’ll look to do all that we can to make that happen.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez hails Vucinic partnership

The strikers started alongside each other in Juventus' 4-0 Supercoppa Italiana win,
though the Argentine hopes the duo can propel the team to Champions League glory.

Aug 22, 2013

Carlos Tevez has expressed his delight with his striking partnership with fellow Juventus forward Mirko Vucinic.

The duo were picked to lead the line against Lazio in Sunday's Supercoppa Italiana and Tevez scored the fourth and final goal in the 4-0 triumph at the Stadio Olimpico.

Ahead of the Bianconeri's opening game of the Serie A season on Saturday, the Argentine attacker has suggested that he can forge a great working relationship with the Montenegrin, whose future at the club had been shrouded in uncertainty this summer.

"I get on well with Vucinic," Tevez, 29, told Tuttosport. "He is a player who makes the difference.

"We only played for the second time together in Rome on Sunday and obviously we need to get to know each other better and refine our movements, but I’m already satisfied."

Tevez also reiterated Juve's desire to lift a third successive Scudetto and "the dream" of winning the Champions League.

"It was an excellent start to the season," he added, "but we have to remain focused and prepare well for the start of the championship.

"I feel in good shape even if I think that I will improve game after game.

"Our first objective here is to win the Scudetto again so that we can enter the history books. Then we can think about something else.

"The dream is to win the Champions League and we’ll look to do all that we can to make that happen."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mancini backs Tevez and Maicon

Aug 23, 2013

Former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is convinced Carlos Tevez and Maicon will be successes in Serie A this season.

The Argentine has joined Juventus, while the former Inter right-back will be wearing the shirt of Roma this term after the duo left the Premiership club.

“I never had any problems with Tevez,” Mancini told Il Messaggero. “He is a good guy. There was that one issue with him, but I am certain that he will do well in Turin.

“As for Maicon, he is a great player who, if he is in good shape, could become a fundamental player for the Giallorossi.”

Tevez’s City career almost prematurely came to an end after he allegedly refused to warm up at the request of Mancini during a Champions League game against Bayern Munich in 2011.

“Juventus have remained as favourites for the title,” Mancini added of the side who have won the last two championships on the peninsula.

“However, I would keep an eye on Milan and Napoli as well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'The perfect night'

Aug 24, 2013

Carlos Tevez celebrated “the perfect night” after scoring the Juventus winner on his Serie A debut in front of Roberto Mancini.

The former Manchester City striker was a steal at €9m this summer and netted in the 1-0 victory away to Sampdoria.

“It was the perfect night, as we won in a difficult arena and are very happy with the performance,” Tevez told Sky Sport Italia.

“It is not easy to get to know my teammates straight away, but I tried to do all I could for the team.”

The Argentine has now scored two goals in his two competitive games for Juventus, also finding the net in last week’s 4-0 Italian Super Cup win over Lazio.

Ex-Manchester City manager Mancini was in the stands at Marassi tonight, as he is a former Sampdoria star.

“I didn’t know Mancini was in the stadium. We have kept up a good rapport.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini: 'Tevez works like a mule!'

Aug 25, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini was won over by new Juventus teammate Carlos Tevez. “He works like a mule!”

The striker scored on his Serie A debut to secure a 1-0 victory away to Sampdoria on Saturday night.

“Tevez is an absolutely world class player, but what surprise me more than anything is the way he sacrifices himself to help the team,” said Chiellini.

“He works like a mule! I am happy for him, as he is starting to reap the rewards of all his hard work this summer.

“As a team we have ample room for improvement, as our legs are still not 100 per cent. Sampdoria were a difficult side to face who closed up well, so it’s good that we allowed them little or nothing in attack.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez ecstatic after 'perfect night'

The striker has made an instant impact at his new club
and proved to be the match winner on Saturday evening.

309109_heroa.jpg

Aug 25, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has admitted he had enjoyed the "perfect night" after scoring on his debut in the 1-0 win over Sampdoria in front of his former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini.

The pair had endured a tempestuous relationship together at Manchester City before leaving the club this summer, with Tevez enjoying a fine start to life in Italy.

"I didn’t know Mancini was in the stadium. We have kept up a good rapport," the 29-year-old told reporters after the match.

"I'm really happy here but it's not easy to slot into a new playing system, it takes time. Tonight was perfect though: a goal and a win.

"I'm pleased because it was no easy feat coming here and doing that at such a difficult ground."

Juve boss Antonio Conte then praised his new signing's work ethic and emphasised how all of his new recruits will get better in the coming weeks as they get more game time under their belts.

"A lot has been said about him but he's certainly not afraid of putting in the hard work," the Italian commented shortly after.

"I'm not happy with a striker who's static. Tevez not only offers us quality up front but he helps out defensively too.

"Tevez has scored twice already but he's also made a huge contribution to the team – that's something all my players have always done.

"The more time passes, the more comfortable Carlos, Fernando [Llorente] and Angelo [Ogbonna] will be. They're putting a lot of effort and it's not easy, but these are top players we're talking about."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini impressed by 'world-class' Tevez

The Juventus defender has lavished praise on his new team-mate after the striker
scored on his debut, singling out the Argentine's exceptional work rate.

Aug 25, 2013

Giorgio Chiellini hailed the quality of Carlos Tevez after the forward's strike led Juventus to a 1-0 win over Sampdoria.

The Argentine found the net just before the hour mark on his Serie A debut to give the Bianconeri the three points at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris and the perfect start to their league title defence.

Chiellini, speaking to journalists after the game, was eager to praise the club's star summer signing and revealed he was especially delighted with the 29-year-old's selfless attitude.

"Tevez is an absolutely world-class player," the centre-half said.

"But what surprised me more than anything is the way he sacrifices himself to help the team.

"He works like a mule! I am happy for him as he is starting to reap the rewards of all his hard work this summer."

The Old Lady began the season with a comfortable 4-0 win over Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana before defeating the Blucerchiati, but Chiellini believes there is far more to come from the side.

"As a team we have ample room for improvement, as our legs are still not 100 per cent," he continued.

"Sampdoria were a difficult side to face who closed up well, so it’s good that we allowed them little or nothing in attack."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Buffon: "Carlos Tevez is a genuine champion"

Aug 25, 2013

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has insisted that Carlos Tevez has been misrepresented in the media, describing the controversial forward as a humble player capable of shining in Serie A this season.

Tevez has scored in each of his first two appearances for Juve since signing during the close season, with the latest strike proving decisive in a 1-0 win over Sampdoria in Serie A yesterday.

Buffon believes that the Argentine has looked sharp and hungry since swapping Manchester for Turin, while insisting that coach Antonio Conte remains irreplaceable for the defending champions.

He told Sky Sports Italia: "Tevez has been misrepresented. He puts the good of the squad above his own ego and has incredible quality. He's a genuine champion.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Conte teaching Tevez about Calcio

Aug 28, 2013

Carlos Tevez says Juventus boss Antonio Conte has given him 10 pieces of advice which have helped him to settle into Italian football.

The Argentine joined the Old Lady this summer from Manchester City after spending the last seven years in the Premiership.

“Football here is more difficult than in England,” the forward told La Stampa. “Therefore, I have had to modify a few things.

“The first lesson is that you can’t keep hold of the ball here because if you beat one man, then another, a third will pop up and take the ball away.

“A forward needs to be good at movement and Conte is guiding me in these changes. He’s already given me 10 pieces of advice which have turned out to be correct.

“I wasn’t lying when I said that he looks after the details like Sir Alex Ferguson…”

The South American has slotted into the second striker role in Conte’s now preferred 3-5-2 formation in Turin.

“I fit well into the system because that is my role,” Tevez added. “If we went to a 4-3-3 then I would want to be the central striker.

“I don’t like playing wide, you don’t get to see a lot of the ball and I want to be in the middle of the action.”

Tevez, two goals in his first two officials games for the club, added: “The amount of goals I score will depend on the service.

“Perhaps I got into the box more in Manchester, but there is not that much difference in positioning.”

Tevez was netted as Juventus look to win their third straight Scudetto and improve on last term’s quarter-final exit in the Champions League.

“You need to be better than everyone else to win the Champions League,” the 29-year-old continued. “Perhaps we are missing something to be the best, but we will give it a go.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: AC Milan could not afford me

The attacker has hinted he could have joined the Rossoneri this summer
and admits Juventus could be found wanting in the Champions League this term.

Aug 28, 2013

Carlos Tevez has suggested that he would have been opening to joining AC Milan this summer, but the San Siro were unable to meet Manchester City's asking price prior to his move to Juventus.

Milan CEO Adriano Galliani stated earlier this summer that Tevez "would not betray him" when the attacker was first linked with a move to Juventus, thus suggesting that the 29-year-old was on his way to the Rossoneri instead.

However, a move to Milan never materialised and Tevez eventually joined Juventus for a fee in the region of €10 million - a figure which the Argentine claims the Massimiliano Allegri's side were unwilling to meet.

"Milan? Galliani really wanted me, but he told me that Milan did not have the money to meet City's demands," Tevez told La Stampa.

The attacker then went on to discuss Juventus' chances in the Champions League and admitted they are likely to fall just short of going all the way in this season's competition.

"To win the Champions League you have to be better than all the other teams. We are perhaps missing something to be the best, but we will sure give it a try to go all the way," he added.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: I've had to change my game

The Argentine striker is thoroughly enjoying life at Juventus since arriving
at the club but admits that Serie A is harder than the Premier League.

Aug 28, 2013

Juventus forward Carlos Tevez has admitted that he has needed to adapt his game since his summer move from Manchester City.

The Argentine plied his trade in the Premier League for a total of seven years, turning out for West Ham, Manchester United and the Etihad Stadium outfit.

However, he believes that Serie A has proven to be a tougher challenge than English football.

"Football here is more difficult than in England. Therefore, I have had to modify a few things," he told La Stampa.

"The first lesson is that you can't keep hold of the ball here because if you beat one man, then another, a third will pop up and take the ball away.

"A forward needs to be good at movement and Conte is guiding me in these changes. He's already given me 10 pieces of advice which have turned out to be correct.

"I wasn't lying when I said that he looks after the details like Sir Alex Ferguson."

Tevez went on to say that he is enjoying Juve's tactical set-up this term, having started the season up front alongside Mirko Vucinic.

"I fit well into the system because that is my role," he added.
"If we went to a 4-3-3 then I would want to be the central striker. I don't like playing wide, you don't get to see a lot of the ball and I want to be in the middle of the action."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Sabella has 'one eye' on Tevez

Sep 5, 2013

Argentina Coach Alejandro Sabella has admitted that Carlos Tevez will be hard to ignore if he continues scoring for Juventus.

The striker has netted twice for the Bianconeri since his summer move from Manchester City, but has not been included in the Albiceleste squad.

“It is not right to talk about players that are not here,” he told a Press conference. “But I can say that we always have one eye on our players.

“Although the quality of our attackers is already very high, if his level remains this high for Juventus, it will be difficult to keep him in Turin.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Early Impressions of Carlos Tevez at Juventus

Sep 6, 2013

"Fuerte Apache" read the t-shirt, in homage to the barrio of Buenos Aires that he originates from.

Carlos Tevez wheeled away in jubilation after putting the icing on the cake of Juventus' 4-1 victory over Lazio.

It marked a sensational start for the Argentine, who has now struck three times in as many games for the Old Lady since his move from Manchester City.

The first thing you notice about Carlitos in a Bianconeri shirt is that beaming smile, which was missing for large spells during his time in the Premier League.

This is a player who is happy, finally, revelling in his role at an elite club who are willing to play him in his preferred position—leading the line of attack.

The Tevez of old has returned to our screens, galloping across the pitch, chasing lost causes, but now willing to utilise an array of talent around him, too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Carlos Tevez is tactically the perfect player for Juventus

Juventus ended their search for a world-class attacker by signing the Argentine
this summer, and tactically the former Boca Juniors star is the dream player for the Italians.

312315_heroa.jpg

Sep 12, 2013

ANALYSIS
By Carlo Garganese

Ever since club legends Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet began to age at the end of the noughties, Juventus have been crying out for a top-class centre forward.

Despite dominating Italian football over the past two seasons under Antonio Conte – winning successive Scudetti and re-establishing themselves as a European heavyweight – the Bianconeri have possessed an undoubted Achilles heel in attack. Alessandro Matri top-scored with just 10 goals in 2011-12, while Mirko Vucinic did so with 13 last term.

Juventus' attack has been carried by a mean defence and arguably the best centre midfield in Europe, something CEO Giuseppe Marotta looked to rectify this summer by signing Fernando Llorente on a Bosman and Carlos Tevez from Manchester City.

Tevez was immediately branded the “top-player” who Juventus had been missing and it has taken the 29-year-old no time at all to justify this billing – scoring in each of his three official games.

Llorente was intended to be Tevez's partner in attack in Conte's 3-5-2 formation – the Spaniard as the penalty box striker and the Argentine as the second striker. But Llorente struggled in pre-season, meaning that Vucinic has retained his starting role alongside Tevez.

The pairing didn't seem an obvious fit, with both frontmen eager to occupy the same space in between the midfield and attack, but the results thus far have been spectacular. The link-up and understanding between the duo has bordered on the telepathic at times. In the 4-1 league win over Lazio in Turin the pair successfully executed three dummy-one-twos – where a player steps over the ball and then turns to receive a through pass from his team-mate – made famous by Gianluca Vialli and Roberto Mancini at Sampdoria, and Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole at Manchester United. One of these moves led to Tevez's goal.

Whether or not a Tevez-Vucinic partnership will be sufficient to pierce the best Champions League back lines of Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid remains to be seen. The lack of a disciplined penalty box striker was evident in the first half against Sampdoria, when Juventus created little – and Tevez would certainly shine even more alongside a striker such as Dortmund’s Robert Lewandowski, who can engage in Vucinic-like combinations as well as offer a regular goal-threat. But the early signs in Serie A at least have been hugely promising.

Tevez alone is certainly a guarantee – regardless of team-mates or tactics. The Argentine is one of the most adaptable players in world football. He boasts all the technical and creative qualities to excel when the tempo is slow – as it is in Italy – and all the physical attributes to star in faster and more furious surroundings like the Premier League. This makes him the dream forward for any coach. When Juventus are dominating possession and territory - as they often are with Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal and Paul Pogba - Tevez has the guile and skill to unlock the door. When they are playing a waiting game, as they often will away from home in the Champions League, Tevez has the pace and dynamism to devastate the opposition on the counter attack.

Having twice conquered Serie A, the next step for Juventus is the Champions League. There has been much debate in Italy over whether Conte can lead his side to European glory with a 3-5-2 system that was dismantled so emphatically in last season’s quarter final by the double-layered width of Bayern’s 4-2-3-1. A switch to a 4-3-3 when the knockout stages arrive is a consideration, and this is a formation that Tevez will have no problem acclimatising to – either on the right, left or in the centre - having encountered it with both Manchester City and Argentina. This flexibility is a big weapon for Conte.

The happy-again Tevez also contains all the fighting qualities – the grinta – that is so traditionally associated with Juventus teams. He has an incredible work-rate – always on the move to find space in offensive phases, and constantly pressing and harrying defenders to win the ball back. Against Lazio in Turin, Tevez even sprinted back to his own penalty area to make a tackle. “The way he sacrifices himself for the team - he works like a mule,” remarked Giorgio Chiellini of his “world-class” colleague.

Tevez and Juventus are a match made in heaven. Physically, mentally, technically and tactically – Tevez is the complete player. Reaching at least the 20 goal mark in 2013-14 is a virtual certainty, and the only question is how long he can maintain his current levels of brilliance. Turning 30 in February, the Argentine must begin to decline physically sooner rather than later. But this season at least, Juventus fans can sit back and enjoy the ride because Tevez is going to make them very happy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Mancini on Tevez

Sep 14, 2013

The former Manchester City manager spoke to Radio Deejay on Italian football, including one of his former players who is now starring in Serie A.

“Did I have ups and downs with Tevez? No, the only downs were when he was off playing golf. Joking aside, we did clear the air straight away and he probably wanted to leave the club, but the human rapport with Tevez was always excellent.

“Carlitos can make the difference, as he fights, scores and drags the team forward. He will do very well at Juventus. As a centre-forward he is extraordinary, because he is sharper and doesn’t have to track back as much. Juventus will do well with him in Europe.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Mancini: Tevez will be extraordinary for Juventus

Sep 14, 2013

Roberto Mancini has branded Carlos Tevez "extraordinary" and believes that he will be a massive player for Juventus.

The Argentine, 29, has scored in both of the Bianconeri's matches so far this season - which sees them with two wins out of two - and Mancini, denying he had problems with Tevez during their time together at Manchester City, stressed the striker's quality.

"The only down I had with Tevez were when he was off playing golf! Joking aside, we did clear the air straight away and he probably wanted to leave the club, but the human rapport with Tevez was always excellent," he told Radio Dee Jay.

"Carlitos can make the difference, as he fights, scores and drags the team forward. He will do very well at Juventus. As a centre-forward he is extraordinary, because he is sharper and doesn’t have to track back as much. Juventus will do well with him in Europe."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vialli liked Tevez display

Sep 18, 2013

Carlos Tevez’s performance during Juventus’ 1-1 draw with Copenhagen in the Champions League impressed Gianluca Vialli.

The Argentine forward went a second game without scoring, but the former Old Lady striker thinks the 29-year-old did well.

“I really liked Tevez,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “His performance was positive even if he didn’t manage to score.

“He moved around a lot, he created some dangerous moments, but he – like the rest of the side – was just unfortunate.”

Juve, after falling behind, dominated the game but wasted chance after chance in the Danish capital on Tuesday.

“It’s a shame about the result,” Vialli, who won the European Cup with Juve in 1996, continued.

“A convincing opening game victory would have been an ideal start to a Champions League campaign.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: I never criticised Llorente

The Argentine forward has insisted that he never badmouthed his Bianconeri
team-mate and thinks the former Athletic striker will become a key figure.

Sep 19, 2013

Carlos Tevez has denied criticising Juventus team-mate Fernando Llorente, insisting that the Spaniard will become a key player.

Reports in Spain suggested that the former Manchester City attacker had said Llorente "would be better off playing basketball", but the Argentine has stressed that he never sad anything bad about his colleague.

"I want to explain I haven't said anything bad about Fernando," he said on his official Twitter account.

"In fact, I believe he is a great player and he will be a key player for us."

Llorente, 28, joined Juventus from Athletic Bilbao on a free transfer at the end of the 2012-13 campaign, but has been struggling to make an impact at his new club.

The striker has made just one official appearance for the Serie A champions to date.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Moggi: Tevez is not a champion

The ex-Bianconeri official is full of praise for the forward's industry
and selflessness but he does not feel that the 29-year-old is a natural goalscorer.

Sep 21, 2013

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi says Carlos Tevez is a "good player", but feels the Argentine is not capable of deciding games on his own.

The Bianconeri signed the forward from Manchester City this summer and the No.10 has enjoyed a positive start to his career in Turin, having already racked up two goals in three Serie A appearances.

However, Tevez failed to net in the midweek Champions League draw with Copenhagen, a game that Moggi feels proved that the ex-West Ham man is not the natural goalscorer that Juve have been craving for so many years.

"This is a moment in which they are not running as they should," the Monticiano native wrote in Libero. "They do not sting, do not hurt the opponent.

"But if the attack does not score or makes mistakes, the blame should not be put on Tevez, who is a support striker.

"He wears himself out for his team-mates in attack, looking for space for himself and others.

"And if he does not shoot on goal or makes a mistake in front of the opposition goalkeeper, it is down to the fact that he does not have those particular characteristics of a striker.

"He is a good player, but is certainly not one of those champions who can win games on his own."

Tevez, who has not been capped by Argentina since 2011, joined Juventus for an initial fee of €9 million.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Hard work paying off for Juventus

The striker is aware of the high expectations at the Turin-based club
but hopes fans display patience as teams look to frustrate the Serie A champions.

Sep 22, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has shared his relief that the team's hard work is paying off after they continued their unbeaten streak this season with a 2-1 win against Hellas Verona.

The Bianconeri sit fourth in Serie A having won all but one of their four games, though they could drop down a spot if AC Milan fail to beat Napoli later on Sunday.

With the Scudetto race looking extremely open at this early stage of the season - Napoli, Roma, Inter and Fiorentina are all tussling at the top - Tevez believes patience will pay dividends for the Turin-based club.

"It's difficult to play against teams who come here to defend," the 29-year-old told the club's official website. "We must be able to find the right spaces and exploit the opportunities.

"We are working hard in the field and the results are seen. We know that there are high expectations, but it takes patience to improve.

Fernando Llorente was a surprise starter for Juve and responded by scoring his debut goal, something which strike partner Tevez was delighted to see.

"I'm really happy for him, is working well and deserves the joy of today."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez happy for Llorente

Sep 23, 2013

Carlos Tevez scored his third League goal for Juventus on Sunday, but he was delighted to see Fernando Llorente join him on the scoresheet.

The Spaniard had only played a handful of minutes for the Old Lady before being given a place in the starting XI against Verona.

And after going a goal down, the Old Lady grabbed a 2-1 win thanks to strikes from their two summer signings.

“I’m really happy for Fernando, he’s working well and deserves to enjoy this moment,” the former Manchester City forward noted.

“It’s difficult to play against teams who come here looking to shut us out. You have to manage to find the right spaces in between and make the most of the chances you get.”

Tevez added: “We’re working hard and you can see the results out there on the pitch.

“We know that expectations are high, but we’ll need patience to allow us to improve even more.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus not reliant on Tevez, says Conte

The successful coach has hailed the Argentine's contribution but has
insisted they are not overdependent on the former Manchester City man.

Sep 25, 2013

Antonio Conte says Juventus are not overly reliant on Carlos Tevez, citing their previous two Serie A championship victories as examples of success without their Argentine talisman.

Tevez has scored four goals - three in Serie A and one in the Super Cup - since joining Juventus from Manchester City this summer, and netted the winning goal against Sampdoria before scoring the first in the 2-1 victory over Verona this weekend.

However, Conte has stressed that the Italian champions are not overdependent on the 29-year-old and must not forget the importance of other players around him.

"Tevez is doing a very good job, but we shouldn't forget that Juventus won the last two championships: we won one Scudetto undefeated and the other one as protagonists," Conte said at a press conference.

"At that time, Tevez wasn't part of the team, therefore we should not take away from players who were part of the team last year because they have been determined and allowed us to win.

"Of course Tevez brought something more to the team in terms of skills. He is a champion and I'm very happy to have him. But we shouldn't forget that in the previous two years, Juventus managed to win without Tevez.

"Tevez is part of a game which can enhance his skills and his skills can enhance our game. We have never depended on anyone and we never will. That is not my idea of football."

Conte also had his say on the situation of Sebastian Giovinco, who has been struggling to get regular first-team action so far this season, and stressed that the Italy international still has a role to play at Juventus.

"Giovinco is doing a good job. When he came on, he put in a good performance in the matches against Copenhagen [in the Champions League] and Verona," he continued.

"He will have his chance: it could be on Wednesday, on Sunday, in the Champions League, against Milan, or even after the break.

"When I get the feeling that Giovinco may be important from the first minute, I'll line him up from the beginning. He is a strong player and I don't usually make mistakes when I make a technical analysis. He combines qualities with speed.

"Some people don't like him, but I like him very much, even if I'm not letting him play that much. He is one of our five forwards and, like the others, he will be taken into consideration when I believe it's the right time."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti