Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Carlos Tevez

130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Juventus tougher than Man City

The Argentina forward took part in his first training session with the Bianconeri
and admits he was not used to such rigorous work in England.

Jul 12, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez thinks that pre-season training has been tougher than anything he experienced in the Premier League and insists he is ready to work hard for his new club.

The €12 million signing, who joined from Manchester City earlier this summer, is keen to prove to fans that he can up his game in the upcoming Serie A season.

"Well, after my first day of training I realised that I’ll certainly have to run much more than in England," he told reporters.

"Feeling the passion of the fans is important for me. I came here to work hard and it took me just half a session to realise I’ll have to work harder than in England."

Tevez will wear the No.10 shirt for the Bianconeri, previously donned by club legend Alessandro Del Piero, but he stressed that such a prospect is exciting rather than putting him under pressure.

"That doesn’t weight me down," the Argentine, 29, added. "It makes me feel important to receive such affection.

"I have joined a club that are ready to play for an historic third straight Scudetto and one that are also capable of challenging for the Champions League."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Nesta surprised by Tevez decision

The Montreal Impact defender has admitted he did not expect the Argentina striker
to move to Italy considering the current state of football in his homeland.

Jul 14, 2013

Former AC Milan defender Alessandro Nesta has revealed he was shocked to see Carlos Tevez join Juventus as Serie A continues to decline.

The Montreal Impact centre-back, 37, believes the power of La Liga, the Premier League and Bundesliga has been responsible for the departure of the best players from Italy's domestic competition and diminishing the strength of the 20 top-tier clubs.

But the lack of financial capital across much of Serie A hasn't prevented the Bianconeri from signing Tevez and Fernando Llorente and Nesta did concede the decision of Argentina striker was a coup for Serie A.

"There's no money in Italy at the moment and the best players go to play in other leagues - Spain, England, Germany. Italy's going down," the Montreal Impact centre-back told the BBC.

"It's a very good signing. A player like Tevez, I didn't think would play in Serie A now. Juventus did a good job."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'Tevez is a true warrior' - Lippi

The former Bianconeri boss has praised the signing of the forward and believes
that the Serie A will finish with the Turin club on top again this season.

Jul 15, 2013

Iconic ex-Juventus coach Marcello Lippi has branded Carlos Tevez a "true warrior" and suggested that the Scudetto is already in the reigning champions' hands before a ball has been kicked.

The Argentine striker joined Antonio Conte's side for an estimated €12 million earlier this month from Manchester City on a three-year deal and was given the No.10 shirt ahead of the new Serie A season.

Lippi, who took the Bianconeri to five league titles during his two spells at the Turin-based club, is convinced that the ex-Manchester United attacker will be a huge success in Italy.

"Tevez is a true warrior and, in my opinion, a great signing," the current Guangzhou Evergrande boss told La Stampa. "He's technically very good and has great character and will to fight."

The World Cup-winning trainer also expressed his opinion that Juve are the runaway favourites to claim glory in Serie A this season and praised Conte for the way he has adapted his ability to lead from playing into coaching.

"Juventus will win Serie A," he added. "I think the title is already theirs.

"Conte, as a captain, was a real leader, and he has clearly maintained that as a coach. I always knew he would become a good coach."

Despite putting faith in Conte and Co.'s chances in Italy, the former Italy head coach believes that Real Madrid - under new trainer Carlo Ancelotti - will win the Champions League.

Lippi added: "In Europe, I see the favourites as Real Madrid. I think Ancelotti is the right person for that team."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

How Tevez and Llorente Will Make
Juventus a Champions League Contender

Jul 15, 2013

Many of the great strike partnerships in football are made up of contrasting characters, and Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente—Juventus' likely new front pairing—certainly fit that bill.

The Old Lady's new signings each bring different skill sets and playing styles to the table, but coach Antonio Conte will be hoping the amalgamation of their talents will help the club achieve European success for the first time since 1996.

Ex-Athletic Bilbao man and Spanish international Llorente is a tall (1.95 m, 6'5"), elegant target man, who is capable of both deftness and brute force.

His physical attributes make him a classic No. 9, but nimble skills on the ball mean he is far more dangerous than your average, plodding centre-forward.

Tevez, meanwhile, is a diminutive (1.75 m, 5'9"), blustering ball of energy who happens to also be an immensely skillful footballer.

Though capable of leading the line or playing as a "trequartista" in the hole between midfield and attack, Tevez is highly effective as a second striker playing just behind a No. 9.

At first glance, a Llorente leading the line with Tevez roving just behind him would seem an obvious—and highly promising—tactical setup for Conte, though neither player is yet sure of what his role will be at the club.

As reported by Angus Paterson in the Daily Mail, Tevez does not know how Conte will configure Juve's front line, but he told juventus.com that ultimately it would be up to the players to ensure that they jell:

Whether I work well with Llorente on the pitch or not is up to Conte to decide.

I've not talked to the coach yet so I will have to discuss my position and how I will be used on the pitch with him.

The two things that I can bring to the club are experience and the quality of my play. These are certainly the most important things.

LLorente had earlier made similar proclamations in the same publication, saying it would be up to Conte to decide how the pieces would fit, but that he was looking forward to seeking success for the organization and working his way back into the Spanish national team.

What both players promise to bring to the club is plenty of goals, something that has been the missing element at Juventus, despite their recent domestic success.

Neither man was at their best in the season just gone, with Tevez notching 17 goals for Manchester City in all competitions and Llorente managing just five for Bilbao, but both are capable of scoring well over 20 in a single season if given the conditions to thrive.

Ben Gladwell, in a piece for ESPN FC , highlights the growing optimism around the Turin club that the dual signings have brought with them, with Leonardo Bonucci's quotes hinting at their European ambitions.

Gladwell writes:

Mirko Vucinic, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri and Sebastian Giovinco all came in for criticism last season as Juve’s spluttering attack left Antonio Conte’s side increasingly reliant on goals from midfield.

With Llorente and Tevez, the belief is that Juve now have their strongest attack since David Trezeguet and Alessandro Del Piero fired them to their last Champions League final in 2003.

“Tevez and Llorente are two really nice presents from (president Andrea) Agnelli,” defender Leonardo Bonucci told giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. “Juve’s aim is not only going to be confirming ourselves for the third year in a row in Italy, but achieving something big in Europe too.”

Juventus showed in last season's Champions League that they are not far off being an elite team, topping a tough group that included Chelsea and Shakhtar Donetsk before thumping Celtic in the first knockout phase.

Their 4-0 aggregate loss to eventual champions Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals demonstrated there was still some way to go for the Italians, however, who lacked the bite up front to trouble the impressive Bavarians.

With a high-grade midfield orchestrated by Andrea Pirlo and a tight defense that has been further strengthened with the edition of Angelo Ogbonna, Juventus would have already been an imposing outfit, but the new odd couple up front has the potential to turn the team into world-beaters.

The strapping, fine-featured Llorente and squat, craggy Tevez are going to look somewhat comical standing next to each other in their new striped kit, but on the pitch, the pair has the potential to become a very serious strike force.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Carlos Tevez bemoans Manchester City pressure

Jul 17, 2012

Carlos Tevez has claimed that there was "too much pressure" at former club Manchester City following his move to Juventus.

The Argentine striker recently joined the Serie A champions for a reported £10m after spending four controversial years at the Etihad Stadium.

"Yes, there was way too much pressure," Tevez told CNN. "It came from everyone - the club, the fans. I think that too much pressure just hurts the team.

"What happened was that there was so much hype and pressure to be one of the giants of Europe and we didn't do it."

Tevez won the Premier League title and the FA Cup during his time at City.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Carlos Tevez nets in 7-0 win

Jul 17, 2012

Former Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez scored on his debut for Italian champions Juventus in a 7-0 win against a local representative side.

The Argentine converted Arturo Vidal's cross in the first half to add to Marco Motta's earlier strike. Mirko Vucinic and Alessandro Matri each scored two goals in the second half, with 18-year-old Federico Mattiello's goal completing the rout.

Juve boss Antonio Conte praised his new players, as Tevez started upfront alongside fellow summer signing Fernando Llorente in a 3-5-2 formation.

"I am happy," said Conte. "I was impressed by our first half performance and the way Ogbonna, Tevez and Llorente settled in."

Tevez joined Juventus last month for a fee thought to be in the region of £10m.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Too much hype and pressure at Manchester City

The Argentina international, who left the Premier League runners-up for Italy this summer,
thinks the club and their fans need to be more patient for success in Europe.

Jul 18, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez says there was "way too much pressure" to succeed during his time at Manchester City.

The 29-year-old ended his stay at the Etihad Stadium this summer, joining Serie A champions Juventus in June for a fee of around €12 million.

City failed to progress out of the group stages of the Champions League in consecutive seasons and Tevez believes pressure played it's part.

"Yes, there was way too much pressure,” Tevez told CNN.

"It came from everyone - the club, the fans. I think that too much pressure just hurts the team.

"What happened was that there was so much hype and pressure to be one of the giants of Europe and we didn't do it.

"We dropped out in the first round of the Champions League on both occasions."

Tevez, who failed to register a goal in Europe last season, despite netting 11 times and assisting a further eight goals for City in the Premier League, moved to Turin on a three-year deal.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zabaleta: Tevez has joined a big club

Jul 18, 2013

Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta has admitted that former teammate Carlos Tevez has joined 'a big club' in Juventus.

The Argentine striker signed for the Bianconeri from the Citizens earlier this month in a €9m move.

And the full-back has conceded that the goalscorer has gone to one of the best teams on the continent.

“I wish Tevez the best for the future,” he told reporters. “Carlos has gone to a big club.

“Juve are one of the best in Europe.

“He spent seven years in England, but has done well wherever he's gone.

“We are all going to miss him as a teammate, but transfers are just part of football.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2w52jw5.jpg

Carlos Tevez insists Juventus focused on Scudetto

Jul 18, 2013

Carlos Tevez is focused on firing Juventus to their 30th Serie A title and insists that - rather than winning the Champions League - is the club's main focus for next season.

Tevez, who joined Juve last month from Manchester City, scored his first goal for the Italian club on Wednesday night as the reigning Serie A champions beat a Val d'Aosta XI 7-0 in a pre-season friendly in Saint-Vincent.

The 29-year-old striker was clear on his aims after joining the Turin club and is keen to avoid the overwhelming pressure to win the Champions League trophy which he felt at City.

"I think we have to be calm and make sure we don't put pressure on ourselves to win the Champions League," Tevez told CNN.

"If we don't then that pressure will become impossible to escape from.

"We have to be calm and know that winning the Scudetto again will make us part of Italian history and then we can think about everything else.

"We all dream of winning the Champions League but our main objective is winning Serie A. Then we can be calm in the Champions League and everything will become a lot easier."

Under Roberto Mancini, City failed to progress from the group stage of the competition in the last two seasons - something which Tevez blames on there being too much scrutiny.

"Yes, there was way too much pressure," he added.

"It came from everyone - the club, the fans. I think that too much pressure just hurts the team.

"What happened was that there was so much hype and pressure to be one of the giants of Europe and we didn't do it.

"We dropped out in the first round of the Champions League on both occasions."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez scores in Juventus debut

The Argentine took no time at all opening his tally since moving to the Bianconeri
earlier this summer, netting in the side's first pre-season clash.

Jul 18, 2013

Carlos Tevez has enjoyed a goalscoring start to life at Juventus - scoring and starring in the side's 7-0 demolition of Rappresentativa Val D'Aosta.

The opening Bianconeri pre-season friendly of the summer, in Saint Vincent, saw the Argentine open is tally in a non-competitive clash in the first half.

The other goals in the clash came from fellow Juve strikers Alessandro Matri and Mirko Vucinic - two apiece - with single goals each for Marco Motta and young debutant Federico Mattiello.

Check out the former Manchester City and Manchester United forward's finishing in the video above and let us know in the comment section below whether you think Tevez can continue scoring when Serie A gets under way in August.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: Calm key to Champions League glory

The striker believes that Juventus have a chance of winning the Europe's
top trophy in 2013-14 but claims that the team are prioritising Serie A.

Jun 19, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has insisted that the key to the club claiming the Champions League crown this season lies in staying calm and not succumbing to pressure.

The 29-year-old joined from Manchester City - who failed to get beyond the group stage of the continental competition for two campaigns running - this summer and has been given the No.10 shirt under Antonio Conte.

Despite being keen on triumphing on the top European stage, the Argentine says that the Bianconeri have prioritised winning Serie A for a third straight season over toppling Bayern Munich on the continent in 2013-14.

"I think we have to be calm and make sure we don't put pressure on ourselves to win the Champions League," Tevez told CNN. "If we don't then that pressure will become impossible to escape from.

"We have to be calm and know that winning the Scudetto again will make us part of Italian history and then we can think about everything else.

"We all dream of winning the Champions League but our main objective is winning Serie A. Then we can be calm in the Champions League and everything will become a lot easier."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Del Piero urges Tevez to treasure No.10 shirt

The Juventus legend wore the famous jersey for many years and wants the Argentina
international to show his 'love' for it in his time with the Old Lady.

Jun 19, 2013

Former Juventus star Alessandro Del Piero has told Carlos Tevez to cherish wearing the No.10 shirt during his time with the Old Lady.

The 29-year-old Argentina international joined the club from Manchester City earlier this summer and was very complimentary of the Italian when he was officially unveiled.

Del Piero now wants Tevez to treasure his former shirt.

“I thank Tevez for his kind words about me at his official unveiling,” Del Piero told Sky Sport Italia on Friday.

“I hope that he wears the No.10 shirt with love.”

Del Piero also believes his old side remain hot favourites to retain their crown, as well as mount a serious Champions League challenge.

He added: “Juventus are favourites in Serie A and they will be very competitive in the Champions League."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Del Piero: Tevez, love the No 10

Jul 19, 2012

Alessandro Del Piero has urged Carlos Tevez to show his love for the Juventus No 10 jersey which was his second skin for almost two decades.

The Argentine summer signing from Manchester City has become the first player to wear the mythical jersey at the club since Del Piero joined Sydney FC in 2012.

“I thank Tevez for his kind words about me at his official unveiling,” the Italian veteran told Sky Sport Italia on Friday.

“I hope that he wears the No 10 shirt with love.”

The Turin giants won their second consecutive Scudetto last season and the 38-year-old is predicting more success.

“Juventus are favourites in Serie A and they will be very competitive in the Champions League,” added the forward who spent 19 years with the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'I'll write Juve history'

Jul 20, 2012

Carlos Tevez insists he is at Juventus to “write history” and “never had doubts over joining this great club.”

The striker completed a €9m transfer plus performance-related bonuses from Manchester City and has been greeted with extraordinary enthusiasm by the supporters.

“I am here to write more pages in the history books of Juventus,” he told Juventus TV.

“The Champions League is a dream for all the fans and I will do whatever I possibly can to help that come true.”

Tevez was speaking to supporters at pre-season training in Chatillon.

“I haven’t seen much of Turin yet, but what I’ve seen suggested it is a passionate city. I accepted the offer from Juventus immediately. I never had doubts over joining this great club.”

The Argentine hitman also commented on the Number 10 jersey, which he has inherited from Alessandro Del Piero.

“It is a privilege to wear the Number 10 shirt at Juventus, as it has so much history attached to it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Palacio tips Tevez for 'leading role' at Juventus

The Argentine believes that his compatriot's arrival in Turin has ensured
that the Bianconeri will once again be "a step ahead of the rest" this term.

Jul 20, 2013

Inter forward Rodrigo Palacio believes that Juventus counterpart Carlos Tevez will play a "leading role" in this season's Serie A title race.

The Bianconeri lifted their second successive Scudetto back in May and have now bolstered their attack with the additions of Tevez and Fernando Llorente.

Consequently, Palacio feels that Juve will again be the team to beat this year, particularly in light of his fellow Argentine's arrival in Turin.

"Tevez is a great striker who has made a difference in every league in which he has played," the 31-year-old attacker told Corriere dello Sport. "For me, he will play a leading role this season.

"For the Scudetto, Juventus is still a step ahead of the rest."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Crespo: 'Higuain and Tevez right for Italy'

Jul 27, 2013

Hernan Crespo is “not surprised” Carlos Tevez and Gonzalo Higuain turned down other options to join Juventus and Napoli.

The former Parma, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Chelsea and Genoa striker commented on the big summer transfers.

“Who got the best deal? Italian football,” Crespo told Tuttosport.

“It is a sign that things are getting back to the glory days, when Serie A was at the top of European football. The real problem holding them back is that the same stadiums we dreamed of playing in 20 years ago have remained more or less the same, without adapting.

“The only positive exception is Juventus, who have their own modern stadium.”

Juve paid just €9m plus bonuses to sign Tevez from Manchester City, while Napoli needed €37m to prise Higuain from Real Madrid.

“Tevez is a top player, a champion who makes the difference outside the system. The real question is will Antonio Conte allow him to stay outside the system?

“It is going to be a fascinating challenge for both of them. Conte must explain how to move in order to be effective in Serie A, while also realising Carlitos has that creative streak that allows him to develop other things.

“Tevez has become a more complete and organised player since coming to Europe. I saw him four months ago and he also seemed more mature.

“Italian football has a very special place in the heart of Argentineans, as we feel at home here. I am not surprised, for example, that Higuain preferred Napoli to Arsenal.

“Whereas Edinson Cavani arrived at a Napoli side that was already set up, Higuain will settle into a team that is in flux with a Coach who only worked for six months in Italy.

“Pipita is a hitman, but can also help players like Marek Hamsik, Lorenzo Insigne and Jose Maria Callejon score more goals too.

“Actually, Juventus have an advantage over almost all the big clubs in the Champions League, as they have not changed their Coach. They must try to make the most of that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Crespo backs 'champion' Tevez to shine for Juventus

The former Argentina striker claims the 29-year-old is almost as reverred
in his homeland as Lionel Messi due to his talent and fighting qualities.

Jul 27, 2013

Former Inter striker Hernan Crespo has backed Carlos Tevez to bring huge success to Juventus this season.

The 29-year-old joined the Bianconeri from Manchester City last month and Crespo - who scored more than 150 career goals in Serie A - believes his compatriot could help Antonio Conte's side to both domestic and European success this term.

"Carlos is a real champion, a top player outside of the area," he told Tuttosport. "It will be interesting to see how Conte manages him. They are two real winners."

"When I saw Carlos four months ago, he had become much more mature and calm than before. Tevez has joined a strong team. Juventus are sitting in pole position for the Scudetto and can also go far in the Champions League with a bit of luck.

"Tevez is not the type of player to win games all on his own, though. Only Lionel Messi can do that. But he is a player who will not let you down. He is a guarantee for goals. He has what it takes to open up difficult games."

Crespo went on to reveal the high esteem in which Tevez is held in his homeland, claiming that his combination of ability and fighting spirit makes him almost as popular as Messi.

"People in Argentina nearly love Tevez even more than Leo," Crespo said. "He is a real fans' favourite with his style of play. He has learned his ways on the streets. He combines an impressive athleticism with a desire to fight."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Does Carlos Tevez complete the Juventus puzzle?

Jul 27, 2013

In acquiring Carlos Tevez, Juventus have solved the striker issue they had been struggling with for the past two seasons.

In a way, Fernando Llorente also did that, but Tevez brings an extra plus that meshes the whole Bianconeri strike force together.

This summer Juventus have acquired both Llorente and Tevez. The Argentine is a very important element of how Juventus will lineup next season. In fact, he allows Juventus a lot of flexibility in terms of how they could play.

What Tevez brings is his combination of mobility and goal-scoring. Antonio Conte likes his team to be fluid, where every player participates in all phases of the game. Conte also likes to use the entire pitch, neither focusing on playing a strictly narrow or wide game.

What Conte has also shown over the last couple seasons, is that he often changes his attacking lineup. Now whether that was out of uncertainty or tactical design, it’s irrelevant for the purpose of our conversation.

The most important asset Tevez brings is as a reference point. Not just in terms of being a reference on the pitch, but more so in Conte’s tactical setup. Given how malleable Tevez is, he will be a fixture in Conte’s lineup regardless of which formation the Italian decides to employ. Tevez is able to lead the line, hold the ball, run behind defences, play with his back to goal, work the channels or drop deeper to link up the play.

In other words, Tevez can play and dovetail well with Mirko Vucinic, Sebastian Giovinco, Fabio Quagliarella, Alessandro Matri or Llorente. Let us look back at the last few months of Serie A when Conte played with a single striker in order to fit in all of his best midfielders on the field at once (with Paul Pogba playing in a higher central position).

Conte chose Vucinic to fill that striker role then. But fundamentally, Vucinic is more of a seconda punto. At the same time, consistency would be an issue for Vucinic and Conte would probably not see this experimental formation as a long-term option.

Carlos Tevez - JuventusThis is where Tevez’s value shines through. Conte could attempt his 3-6-1 with Tevez as the lone striker. But Tevez’s true value is also found in his work rate.

We mentioned how fluidity was important to Conte. Tevez is a tireless worker who harasses defenders and contributes a lot to the defensive effort. This means he fits perfectly in Conte’s system where constant pressing is key to his strategy.

Dynamism and mobility, those are the two aspects of Tevez’s game that will make him a key player for Juventus. Gonzalo Higuain would have also been a fine choice of course, but being essentially a poacher might have made him look a bit awkward in Conte’s system.

Physicality is also an important aspect of Tevez’s game that Conte looked to bring to his side. In a way, this factor also explains the arrival of Llorente. Where Juventus really fell short, when Bayern Munich brushed them aside, in last year’s Champions League quarterfinals was in the physicality department.

Conte certainly noticed that. And indeed, the 3-6-1 experimentations to try to crowbar Pogba into the midfield were just for that purpose. Today, Conte possesses both Llorente and Tevez to add that to his team. But Tevez also happens to be a neat package of just that and everything else a top striker possesses, making him an ideal signing for Conte’s Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon: Signing Tevez was a statement of intent

The Italy international feels the Serie A champions have taken a "genuine step forward"
with the Argentine's acquisition as they look to mount a Champions League challenge.

Jul 29, 2013

Gianluigi Buffon feels Juventus have issued a statement of intent to the rest of Europe by signing Carlos Tevez this summer.

Tevez joined the Serie A champions from Manchester City earlier this summer, and the experienced goalkeeper feels the 29-year-old's decision to move to Turin proves that the Bianconeri have truly returned to the continental elite.

"The acquisition of Tevez was a real statement of intent from the club. Carlos is one of those who can tip the balance and the fact that a champion like him has considered Juve is also a point of pride for us players," Buffon was quoted as saying on the club's official website.

"Evidently, his decision to come here means that we’ve also done something important on a European level."

Tevez was joined by fellow forward Fernando Llorente and defender Angelo Ogbonna in moving to Juventus Stadium this summer, and Buffon is delighted with the strength in the depth at coach Antonio Conte's disposal.

"The new arrivals have already blended in well with the group and don’t hold back when there’s work to be done. They’ve got an excellent attitude," he continued.

"I’ve come back to a stronger Juventus side. Now we’ve got additional elements of excellent quality. We’ve taken a genuine step forward."

Juventus are currently preparing for the the Supercoppa Italiana clash against Lazio on August 11.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Del Piero wishes Tevez all the best

The World Cup winner's jersey has now been passed onto to the Argentine,
who has arrived in Turin to much fanfare from Manchester City.

Aug 3, 2013

Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero has passed on his best wishes to the Bianconeri's new No.10, Carlos Tevez.

The World Cup winner parted company with the Old Lady of Italian football in 2012, after 19 incredible years in Turin.

Del Piero, who is back in Italy on a pre-season tour with his new Australian employers, is happy that Juve have now signed a player worthy of inheriting his No.10 shirt.

"I wore it for years and what I had to do has been done," he told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport. "Now I wish Tevez and the whole team all the best.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: I've not worked this hard since Boca Juniors days

The Bianconeri's new Argentine attacker is confident his pre-season endeavour will pay off
in the near future and says his previous troubles will not plague his time in Italy.

Aug 4, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he has not worked as hard in pre-season since he was at Boca Juniors.

The 29-year-old forward, who joined the Bianconeri from Manchester City earlier this summer, explained that he is really enjoying being put through his paces by coach Antonio Conte, as he expects all of the hard work to pay off.

“I’m training very intensely, and it’s normal to be a bit tired," the Argentine attacker told reporters on Saturday. "I haven’t worked this hard since I was at Boca Juniors!

"The objective is to be ready for the Italian Super Cup, and games such as our clash against Galaxy [on Saturday] are useful to help you prepare in the best possible way.”

http://markting10.nl/

Tevez also expressed his gratitude to Conte for recently telling journalists that the former Manchester United striker is very different to the person portrayed by sections of the media.

“I’m a good person and I think that in the long run time will tell exactly what someone’s really like," he reasoned.

“Conte also places great importance on tactics and is very well-prepared. I’m looking to pay careful attention to the systems used and apply what Conte asks of me on the field of play."

Juventus meet Lazio in the Supercoppa Italiana at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on August 18.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez: 'I haven't worked this hard...'

Aug 4, 2013

Carlos Tevez admits Antonio Conte’s gruelling training regime is taking its toll at Juventus. “I haven’t worked this hard since I was at Boca Juniors.”

The Bianconeri have stuttered in pre-season so far, losing to Everton on penalties and falling 3-1 against LA Galaxy last night.

“I’m training very intensely, and it’s normal to be a bit tired. I haven’t worked this hard since I was at Boca Juniors,” the former Manchester City striker told the official Juventus website.

“The objective is to be ready for the Super Cup on August 18, and games such as our clash against Galaxy are useful to help you prepare in the best possible way.

“Conte also places great importance on tactics and is very well-prepared. I’m looking to pay careful attention to the systems used and apply what Conte asks of me on the field of play.”

Tevez had interpersonal issues with some of his former managers, but is confident he’ll have no problems with Conte.

“I’m a good person and I think that in the long run time will tell exactly what someone’s really like.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Tevez: I was ready to retire before Juventus move

The 29-year-old Argentina international says he felt he had achieved everything
he wanted to in the game, until the Old Lady came knocking for his services.

Aug 7, 2013

Juventus striker Carlos Tevez has admitted that he considered retiring from football this summer.

The 29-year-old joined the Serie A champions from Manchester City in June, but revealed that a falling out with former City boss Roberto Mancini almost forced him to quit.

"I always said I wanted to retire aged 28, and I was close to doing so after falling out with [Roberto] Mancini," Tevez told ESPN.

"I was really tired. I had won the Champions League and the Premier League with Manchester United, and the FA Cup with Manchester City.

"I won everything I felt I could and there was a time I had had enough of football and wanted to retire. Then Juventus came along, one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and they made me change my mind."

Tevez also says that, as far as he sees it, his international career is a thing of the past, having not played for Argentina since 2011.

"My career with Albiceleste has ended," he added.

"I have told you all about the national team before and I have nothing else to add. It's over now and is in the past."

Tevez made 62 appearances for his country between 2004 and 2011, scoring 13 times.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve saved Tevez from retirement

Aug 7, 2013

Carlos Tevez had thoughts of hanging up his boots before Juventus made him an offer this summer.

The 29-year-old has joined the Italian champions from Manchester City in a move which has re-ignited his passion for the game.

“There comes a moment where you get tired, you get tired of football,” the forward told ESPN in South America.

“I wanted to leave football but then Juventus, one of the biggest teams in Europe, arrived.

“I had always said that I would retire at the age of 28 and I was close to retiring after the row with Roberto Mancini,” he stated, referring to his September 2011 clash with the then City boss.

“I spent six years in England and nobody would have given a cent for me to stay six years there…

“I won the Champions League with United, the Premier League with United, the FA Cup with City – who hadn't won anything for a long time. I won everything.”

Tevez also confirmed that his international career with Argentina, after 13 goals in 62 caps, had come to an end.

“It’s over,” added the man who hasn’t been selected by Alejandro Sabello since the latter was given the job in the summer of 2011.

“I have nothing more to add. I have said what I feel and that’s the end of the matter. If I say anything else then it would seem as if I’m asking for a recall.

“The national side is in the past.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Tevez has new targets – Nedved

Aug 9, 2013

Juventus director Pavel Nedved has no concerns about the hunger of Carlos Tevez after the forward’s admission that he had considered retirement.

The Argentine striker this week stated that he would have perhaps hung up his boots had the Old Lady not done a deal with Manchester City this summer.

“We talked to Carlos a long time ago,” the former Bianconero midfielder commented. “He still has a lot of desire to play football and to do well.

“You can see that enthusiasm in the way he has been training with us.

“Great players, once they have won a lot, need new motivation, new targets and I am happy that he has arrived.

“He instantly demonstrated that he wanted to join us and I liked that a lot.”

The 29-year-old, also formerly of Boca Juniors, Corinthians, West Ham and Manchester United, signed a three-year contract this summer.

He has been handed the No 10 shirt in Turin and will thus become the first player to wear that jersey since Alex Del Piero left last year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti