JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 - 08:45 PM
Juventus Stadium, Turin
Referee: Deniz Aytekin
 (Germany)

Buffon: 'Juve dream and mine too'

http://www.football-italia.net/91392/buffon-juve-dream-and-mine-too?

Sep 13, 2016

Gigi Buffon feels Juventus have a different “belief” in the Champions League, but not “excessive self-confidence” ahead of the Sevilla opener.

The Champions League clash kicks off tomorrow at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT) in Turin.

“The role of the captain ahead of a competition like this is the same as it always is for any player, because good or bad, this team is put together from players with a certain international experience. I don’t need to underline the importance of games or teach how to approach them.

“Juve are certainly overflowing with experience in this squad, so my role will just be to save chances, hopefully as well as possible!”

Buffon has never won the Champions League, but is that dream closer this year than at any other time?

“I want to underline that the dream is not mine, it is of Juve and all the players, the club and the Juve World. At the end of the day, Juve haven’t won this trophy since I started my career. We’ve both been chasing it this whole time and want to crown that dream together!

“I am so fond of Juventus that if someone else is the first to lift the trophy, I will be just as happy.

“Am I fed up of losing in the Champions League? No. If it went that way, we and I deserved it. I am fed up of being so modest! I need to do more, as we all do, because what I’ve done thus far clearly wasn’t enough. As I think any individual athlete can improve to his final day, we can improve as a team and individually.

“Compared to other years, we are facing it with a different self-belief thanks to the Final two years ago and the Last 16 which might not seem like much, but the fact we forced Bayern Munich to extra time shows a great level of competitiveness.

“I feel we have improved further this summer, but it would be a bit arrogant to say Juve are the favourites for the Champions League.

“When starting a competition like this, you know there are at least three or four teams out there just as strong as you. In these situations, luck and certain incidents going your way are decisive.

“We have enthusiasm and are very eager, but we do not start out considering ourselves favourites. We consider ourselves a very good team that has been on a journey and has improved even more on the transfer market.

“When football people mention Juve as among the possible contenders for the Champions League, it means something. In my view it is the result of our last two years in Europe plus the transfer strategy of this year.

“Clearly Juve cannot be ignored by those who understand football. We know that. However, with the utmost honest we know that to repeat a strong run we need our feet firmly on the ground and great humility, because few teams can approach this competition with excessive confidence. The level is so high that a smack is just around the corner.

“Experience means you have already been through the charges of adrenaline, emotion and anxiety, so you know what you’re going into. Sometimes a young player can be an added value later on when he realises what it means and can burst through all that with a clear head to try that something special.”

http://www.goal.com/en/tables/uefa-champions-league/10?ICID=MP_TN_167

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Higuain world's best number nine - Vazquez

The Sevilla midfielder believes his compatriot had to leave Napoli in order

to chase the biggest prizes in football as he prepares for a tough clash.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2016/09/13/27469952/-?

Sep 13, 2016

Franco Vazquez has claimed Gonzalo Higuain is the best striker in the world ahead of Sevilla's Champions League opener against Juventus on Wednesday.

The Serie A champions smashed their transfer record to lure the Argentina international away from Napoli in the off-season and Sevilla midfielder Vazquez feels the striker is well worth his hefty fee.

"Juventus were right to pay €90m for Higuain. He is the best number nine in the world," Vazquez told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Maybe there was still something missing for him in Europe and that could be the real reason why he left Napoli for a team that is gunning for the Champions League.

"The same could be said for Juventus. They both need a Champions League crown.

"It might be a bit soon to say Juventus are Champions League favourites, but their transfer activity was certainly done with an eye on the Champions League.

"I can see them as battling it out with Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain for a place in the final. They will want to start strong and send out a signal to their rivals."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Allegri: 'Juve must be humble'

http://www.football-italia.net/91393/allegri-juve-must-be-humble?

Sep 13, 2016

Max Allegri wants Juventus to be “humble and take it one game at a time,” starting from Sevilla, insisting the Champions League is not their main objective.

The Champions League clash kicks off tomorrow at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT) in Turin.

“Patrice Evra will start. I only have one doubt in midfield. Some are coming off international duty and have played several games in a row, so I will decide tomorrow. My only doubt is in midfield,” confessed the Coach in his Press conference.

“When Juventus take part in the Champions League, they must target the maximum result. Sevilla have won the Europa League for the last three years in a row, so this is a difficult game.

“Sevilla were very organised in defence last term, but are now much more attack-minded, score a lot of goals and have changed their approach. That means we must be patient, balanced and remember the only objective is three points.

“I am accustomed to facing one thing at a time. Our objective is to win tomorrow’s game and get through the group. It is a whole other competition in March, where we must be at our peak physically and psychologically. Then things have to go your way, which they didn’t over the last two years.

“At the end people remember who wins, not who comes second. We must also not take Serie A for granted, as people seem to assume we’ll win the Scudetto, that it’s already written, but the quality of the other teams is very high and it will be tough.

“It was not a surprise for me when we got to the Final in Berlin. Juventus are a team built to fight along with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City to go all the way in the Champions League.

“We have only four players left from that side, we are still putting together the team and the new players are settling in, so we are a work in progress. The side started relatively well in Serie A, we will try to start well in the Champions League.

“There is no point now thinking about what will happen in March, April or May. One step at a time.”

Gonzalo Higuain is expected to partner Paulo Dybala upfront tomorrow.

“Everyone can improve and that is what we are working for. Gigi Buffon proves that, as he always works to improve. As long as you play, your objective should be to get better.

“We have Mario Mandzukic, who played the first two games and was on the bench against Sassuolo, but has great international experience and won the Champions League already. He is an added value, seeing as at the moment we just get asked about Higuain and Dybala.

“When you arrive at a club like Juventus, there is always pressure. You mustn’t lose your head in the favourable or unfavourable moments. There will be moments of difficulty, but that doesn’t mean a team is suddenly useless. We saw what people said about us last season when we had a rough start.

“As the media seem to insist Juventus are the favourites for the Scudetto and Champions League, we within the locker room must isolate ourselves from that easy euphoria and knuckle down even more, keeping our psychological balance.”

Are Juve more European this term?

“I’ll say that at the end of the Champions League. What counts are results and at this moment people claim that the Champions League is the primary objective of the season.

“However, that is a separate tournament that we will try to the end, but our chances are no better than last year or the year before. Our primary objective must be a sixth consecutive Scudetto, as that would be making history.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Champions League is Juventus'

No. 1 priority - Massimiliano Allegri

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2949565/champions-league

-is-juventus-no-1-priority-massimiliano-allegri

Sep 13, 2016

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has declared the Champions League his side's No.1 priority this season.

The Bianconeri are bidding to win a historic sixth straight Scudetto this season, but European glory has been lacking since 1996.

That is something Allegri wants to amend next June, with his side's road to Cardiff starting at home to Sevilla on Wednesday night.

"The first game in the Champions League is the most important because you lay the foundations for getting through the group stage, which is our first objective of the season, with overall victory the next," Allegri said at a news conference in Turin on Tuesday.

"We take things one step at a time, though. A lot of it comes down to minor things, but you only ever remember the name of the winners in the end.

"Let's think about getting through the group and then we'll focus on the league because everybody is saying that we've already won that, but we'll have to see that out on the field.

"We need to be calm and level-headed. First we've got Sevilla, then from Thursday we will think about Inter Milan."

Allegri has confirmed that changes will be made to the side which beat Sassuolo 3-1 at the weekend to maintain their 100 percent start to the season, with at least Alex Sandro dropping to the bench.

"Patrice Evra is going to start, but I have one question mark in midfield," Allegri added. "I've got five players available and I need to decide based on how I read the game, also because some of them played for their national team and have quite a few games in their legs in a short space of time.

"So my only doubt is in midfield."

.@gianluigibuffon: "What we've done in the #UCL so far hasn't been enough. We need to remain ambitious." #JuveSFC

For goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, opportunities to lift the Champions League are running out, but he does not want to put any undue pressure on himself or his teammates by declaring that this year has got to be the one.

"We cannot say that we're favourites," said Juve and Italy's No. 1. "There are three or four teams on a similar level and winning a tournament like this comes down to just minor things.

"No team can be arrogant enough to say that they are going to win the Champions League, because the quality is so high that a setback could be just around the corner for anybody."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

The Cordoba Connection: Dybala faces

Vazquez, Vietto in Champions League

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/2948827/the-cordoba-

connection-paulo-dybala-faces-franco-vazquez-luciano-vietto-in-champions-league

Sep 13, 2016

When Paulo Dybala lines up for Juventus against Sevilla in Wednesday's Champions League opener in Turin, he will face off against two players he met in rather more modest and less competitive surroundings just three months earlier. Franco Vazquez and Luciano Vietto were both invitees to a charity match that Dybala organised in June at Club Sportivo's 5,500-capacity stadium in his hometown of Laguna Larga in Cordoba, Argentina.

In that match, the players emerged on the pitch via a steep and narrow stairway. The crowd, pressed against mesh fencing or seated in the stadium's only stand, welcomed their local hero and his friends with applause and excited shouts of support. They were given plenty to cheer about in a high-scoring game that finished in a 4-4 draw. Dybala stepped up to score the winning penalty in the shootout.

The attendance of Vazquez and Vietto was not coincidental. The respective birthplaces of Tanti and Balnearia are, like Laguna Larga, small towns located in the Cordoba province, each with less than 7,500 inhabitants. There is no more than 250 kilometres between any two of the three. Dybala and Vietto were born within 20 days of each other.

Indeed, add the Cordoba-born Javier Pastore to their number, and a convincing argument can be made that the province has started to rival Santa Fe (the home of Angel Di Maria, Ever Banega and Lionel Messi) as Argentina's prime producer of provincial talent.

While Vietto headed off to Buenos Aires to pursue his dream of becoming a footballer, Dybala and Vazquez stayed home and came up through the youth systems of Cordoba's two big clubs: Dybala at Instituto and Vazquez at Belgrano. But it was in Italy, at Palermo, that they first coincided. Neither immediately flourished, and it was only in combination that they first gave notice on a European stage of the talent that has since become obvious.

In Sicily, Dybala and Vazquez formed an inverted big-man, little-man partnership up front. Vazquez, with his strength and sharp control, acted as a slightly withdrawn focal point, while Dybala made runs behind and into the channels ahead of him. Between them, they provided 23 goals for an efficient counterattacking side that finished just outside Serie A's top 10 in the 2014-15 season. Their shared childhood experiences saw them forge a close bond on and off the pitch.

Dybala moved on to Juventus at the end of the campaign and went on to enjoy an excellent debut season with the Bianconeri. Vazquez, meanwhile, stayed on at Palermo for one more year before signing for Sevilla on a €15 million deal this summer. He was soon joined by Vietto, who came in on a one-year loan from Atletico Madrid with an option to buy.

Vietto recently admitted that he feels more comfortable with another forward playing alongside him. In that instance, he was referring to Wissam Ben Yedder, but there is no reason Vietto and Vazquez can't form at Sevilla a partnership similar to the one shared by Dybala and Vazquez that proved so profitable at Palermo.

r124931_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=738&site=esp
Cordoba natives Franco Vazquez and Paulo Dybala kicked off their careers on the European stage together at Palermo.

Vazquez certainly performed admirably as the farthest forward man in the latter stages of Sevilla's European Super Cup final defeat to Real Madrid. He regularly received the ball under pressure and linked neatly with teammates. Even when both Ben Yedder and Vietto are on the pitch, Vazquez often finds himself as the highest central focal point, given how often those two move into the channels.

On the occasions when Vietto has played alone up front, Vazquez has usually been the man in closest attendance, but he has often not been close enough, which has left Vietto isolated. Sevilla have had a few problems moving the ball from deep into midfield during the opening weeks of the season, but once those issues are sorted, Vazquez should have more freedom to regularly position himself closer to the forward or forwards ahead of him.

Vietto missed Saturday's 2-1 win over Las Palmas with a knock but is likely to return Wednesday to join forces with Vazquez in Sevilla's attempt to strike an early blow in a competitive Champions League group against a Juventus side for whom Dybala will star.

It is unlikely that there will be much time for the trio to meet away from the field this week. That will perhaps have to wait until the end of the season and another engagement in Laguna Larga, or maybe Balnearia or Tanti. But Dybala is keen to not only be decisive again Wednesday but also provide himself with some mickey-taking material for future social meetings.

"I called Vazquez right away," he said a few days after the draw. "I told him I'm going to nutmeg him!"

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus boast the same quality as

Bayern or Barcelona, warns Sampaoli

The Argentine coach is under no illusions regarding the challenge his team

faces in Turin, as he put the Serie A champions up there with Europe's elite.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2016/09/13/27473692/-?

Sep 13, 2016

Sevilla boss Jorge Sampaoli believes Wednesday's Champions League opponents Juventus are now at the same level as Bayern Munich and Barcelona.

The Europa League holders begin their Group H campaign in Turin against Massimiliano Allegri's side in a repeat of a showdown at the same stage last season.

Juventus, unbeaten in 17 home games in UEFA competition, won that game 2-0 but suffered a 1-0 loss in the reverse fixture at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.

Despite that victory, Sampaoli - who succeeded Unai Emery as head coach in June - says his players will need to give "everything" in order to get a result on Wednesday.

"We'll play against one of the favourites for the Champions League title, they are very strong and we have to do everything tomorrow night," Sampaoli said. 

"We have to play with the right attitude, we need to play with passion for the shirt. They have more experience in this competition.

"Juventus added more quality in the market and they are at the same level of, for instance, Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Football is a team game and we have to play as a unit."

Striker Franco Vazquez is relishing the chance to meet former Palermo team-mate Paulo Dybala, as well as compatriot Gonzalo Higuain, a player he has described as the world's best number nine.

"It's been an amazing start for him [Higuain], he reads the game very well and is in good shape," said Vazquez. "Juventus did very well in the transfer window and we have to keep an eye on the whole team. 

"Dybala is a very good player, I played with him in Palermo and he's a great guy.

"We want to play very well and we want to attack. It will be a very tough match but we're improving very well."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2yvo10i.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Allegri: Take one step at a time

Manager’s pre-match comments ahead of Champions League game.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/9/13/12900688/allegri-juventus-

sevilla-champions-league-pre-match-comments-one-game-at-a-time

Sep 13, 2016

Juventus take on Sevilla in the first group game of their 2016-17 Champions League campaign. This year’s tournament more than any other in the recent past will hold added significance to the Bianconeri after making some major investments in the offseason to finally capture the ‘Big Ears’ trophy.

In his pre-match conference, manager Massimiliano Allegri spoke to the assembled media.

“When Juventus take part in the Champions League, they must target the maximum result. Sevilla have won the Europa League for the last three years in a row, so this is a difficult game.

“Sevilla were very organised in defence last term, but are now much more attack-minded, score a lot of goals and have changed their approach. That means we must be patient, balanced and remember the only objective is three points.

“I am accustomed to facing one thing at a time. Our objective is to win tomorrow’s game and get through the group. It is a whole other competition in March, where we must be at our peak physically and psychologically. Then things have to go your way, which they didn’t over the last two years.

“At the end people remember who wins, not who comes second. We must also not take Serie A for granted, as people seem to assume we’ll win the Scudetto, that it’s already written, but the quality of the other teams is very high and it will be tough.

“It was not a surprise for me when we got to the Final in Berlin. Juventus are a team built to fight along with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City to go all the way in the Champions League.

“We have only four players left from that side, we are still putting together the team and the new players are settling in, so we are a work in progress. The side started relatively well in Serie A, we will try to start well in the Champions League.

“There is no point now thinking about what will happen in March, April or May. One step at a time.”

On his lineup for tomorrow -

“Patrice Evra will start. I only have one doubt in midfield. Some are coming off international duty and have played several games in a row, so I will decide tomorrow. My only doubt is in midfield.

“Everyone can improve and that is what we are working for. Gigi Buffon proves that, as he always works to improve. As long as you play, your objective should be to get better.

“We have Mario Mandzukic, who played the first two games and was on the bench against Sassuolo, but has great international experience and won the Champions League already. He is an added value, seeing as at the moment we just get asked about Higuain and Dybala.”

On the pressure the club is facing to win the Champions League -

“When you arrive at a club like Juventus, there is always pressure. You mustn’t lose your head in the favourable or unfavourable moments. There will be moments of difficulty, but that doesn’t mean a team is suddenly useless. We saw what people said about us last season when we had a rough start.

“As the media seem to insist Juventus are the favourites for the Scudetto and Champions League, we within the locker room must isolate ourselves from that easy euphoria and knuckle down even more, keeping our psychological balance.”

When asked if the squad was better developed to face the challenges of Europe this season -

“I’ll say that at the end of the Champions League. What counts are results and at this moment people claim that the Champions League is the primary objective of the season.

“However, that is a separate tournament that we will try to the end, but our chances are no better than last year or the year before. Our primary objective must be a sixth consecutive Scudetto, as that would be making history.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Match preview

http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-vs-sevilla/2348398

Sep 13, 2016

OPTA FACTS

• Juventus and Sevilla faced each other in the Champions League group stages last season, their only previous meeting in European competition. Both won their home games.
  • Juventus have lost only one of their 15 home games against Spanish opposition in the Champions League (W8 D6), it was against Deportivo La Coruña in March 2004 (0-1).
  • Sevilla have lost three of their four away games in European competition against Italian clubs, the only exception being their 2-0 win against Fiorentina in the 2014/15 Europa League semi-final.
  • This is Juventus' 17th appearance in the Champions League, which ties AC Milan's record for Italian sides (17).
  • Juventus have won the European Cup/Champions League on two occasions (1985 and 1996). They have however lost the final more times than any other club (6).
  • Juventus have lost only two of their last 35 home games in the Champions League (W22 D11). Both of those defeats were against Bayern Munich.
  • Juventus have won one of their last six Champions League games (1-0 v Manchester City, November 2015), drawing three and losing two.
  • Juventus have picked up the most red cards in the Champions League: 21 (since 1992/93).

LAST FIVE MATCHES

HEAD TO HEAD

Juventus

Sevilla

Wins
Wins

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Allegri's Juventus must prove their

worth in Europe starting with Sevilla

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2950056/allegris

-juventus-must-prove-their-worth-in-europe-starting-with-sevilla

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus spent their entire summer planning for it. Money was spent, tactics were adjusted, and mentalities were reinvigorated. The Champions League is upon us, and Juve are desperate to prove that they are capable of making a splash and reaching the latter stages of the competition.

Renowned for their defensive solidity and cynical approach to games, the club realised that a change in approach was required to ensure success against the bigger sides. The Bianconeri were often intimidated by the elite in Europe, and rather than square up to their opponents and demonstrate the beauty of their own game, they often retreated and took shelter in more cautious tactics.

When confident and optimistic, the Old Lady can be a delight to watch. One need only watch the first half of the match against Bayern Munich in Germany last season to see what the Italians are capable of when hope spurs them on. Intimidated, they cower. Modern-day football is not a simple game, and defences are always capable of errors, so winners must know how to score several goals.

Hence the purchase of Gonzalo Higuain, scorer of three goals in his first three matches for the Bianconeri. New to the squad, the Argentine seems to have already demonstrated an understanding with compatriot and fellow forward Paulo Dybala by combining perfectly to pick apart Sassuolo's defence over the weekend. They were supported by a creative and intelligent Miralem Pjanic behind them, and Juventus are a force to be reckoned with going forward.

Including the offensive capabilities of Juve's wing-backs, Alex Sandro and Dani Alves, the Italians are capable of punishing every mistake and attacking every channel. A team with many new arrivals, it's remarkable how quickly Massimiliano Allegri seems to have found the right balance in attack, ensuring a fluid style of play, despite many changes.

Defensively, however, there is still some work to do. Although the likes of Dybala attempted to get back and help the back line in last weekend's game, it's vital that the entire squad sacrifice themselves when out of possession to ensure defensive solidity. Too many mistakes have been made thus far, with Juve looking particularly fragile from corners.

A solid defence will be of the utmost importance when facing Sevilla on Wednesday. A side famed for their tactical intelligence and organisation, thanks to former manager Unai Emery's expertise, new coach Jorge Sampaoli has chosen to chart a different path.

A disciple of Marcelo Bielsa, Sampaoli prefers an attacking approach to the game, and in these early stages of the season, his side has played with wild abandon. Free of restrictive controls, organisation and defensive constraints, Sevilla have attacked with freedom and desire. Having managed eight goals in their first three games of the season, it's safe to say Juventus must be wary.

An attack-minded side that is vastly different than the one witnessed under Emery, Los Rojiblancos are an unpredictable team. Prior to the start of the season, it seemed that the exhaustive tactics deployed by the new coach were having a negative impact on the forwards. Playing with such intensity can strip a striker of his shooting accuracy when the time comes to finish off a goal-scoring opportunity. However, a 6-4 win against Espanyol on the opening day of the season seemed to suggest that all the problems had been resolved.

Against Villarreal in the next match, Sevilla seemed to be a shadow of the rock and roll side they were the previous week, and they managed only a 0-0 result. Against Las Palmas on Saturday, they were behind for much of the game before a late rally saw them snatch three points.

No one knows what to expect from this Sevilla side, except that unlike last season, they will not adopt a cautious approach in their away games. Sampaoli is keen for his players to fight for the right to play. Los Nervionenses have disappointed in the Champions League, doing their best in the Europa League, but they hope that the allure of beating a big side such as Juventus will restore confidence and let them start a new cycle.

Allegri will hope his team will play with humility and maturity to achieve the win. No team should be underestimated, and the Bianconeri must demonstrate their willingness to work hard for the result. After all, it was Fernando Llorente's goal last year in the Sánchez Pizjuán stadium that condemned the Italians to a second-place finish in their qualifying group. A win against what must be considered the toughest opponent in the group should pave the way for an exciting season for Juventus in Europe.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2ecg1uu.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus v Sevilla – Champions League Preview

http://www.juvefc.com/juventus-v-sevilla-champions-league-preview/?

Sep 14, 2016

juventus

Juventus

….and so it begins. Juventus head into another Champions League campaign with the burden of expectation weighing heavily upon them, knowing full well that it’s been over 20 years since the club last won the trophy.

The draw has been kind…ish. We’ve got opponents in our group that we’ve played before, teams we’ve beaten on home turf, teams that we understand well, starting with tonight’s home game against Sevilla.

Max Allegri spoke at length in his presser yesterday, highlighting the need for humility in our approach to the competition and to take each match as it comes.

“Patrice Evra will start. I only have one doubt in midfield.” Allegri told the press.

“Some are coming off international duty and have played several games in a row, so I will decide tomorrow. My only doubt is in midfield.

Juve’s chances in the Champions League look good this season, and they’re well worth a bet – Remember you can get the best betting promo codes.

“There is no point now thinking about what will happen in March, April or May. One step at a time.

“We have Mario Mandzukic, who played the first two games and was on the bench against Sassuolo, but has great international experience and won the Champions League already. He is an added value, seeing as at the moment we just get asked about Higuain and Dybala.

“What counts are results and at this moment people claim that the Champions League is the primary objective of the season.

Allegri’s team almost picks itself, given the strong performances in this weekends victory over Sassuolo. Buffon will start in goal with Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini in front of him. In the midfield, it’s almost certain Sami Khedira starts, along with Miralem Pjanic while Mario Lemina might be given the nod again, considering his strong displays so far this season. Dani Alves was rested at the weekend, as was Patrice Evra, making them the full-back duo of choice, with Higuain and Dybala leading the attack.

Probable lineup: 

3-5-2: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Alves, Khedira, Lemina, Pjanic, Sandro; Higuain, Dybala. 

Injuries:

Marchisio (knee), Sturaro (knee), Mandragora (foot)

Suspensions:

None. 

sevilla

Sevilla

Probable lineup: 

4-1-4-1:  Rico; Mariano, Rami, Pareja, Escudero; N’Zonzi; Nasri, Vazquez, Ganso, Correa; Vietto

Injuries:

Benoît Trémoulinas , David Soria, Michael Krohn-Dehli , Timothée Kolodziejczak

Suspensions:

None.

Formation

sevilla

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus stick with 3-5-2

http://www.football-italia.net/91421/juventus-stick-3-5-2?

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus are expected to stick to a 3-5-2 for the Champions League clash with Sevilla tonight.

The Bianconeri have sometimes switched to a back-four, particularly in Europe, but tonight should see the familiar back-three deployed.

Gianluigi Buffon will be in goal, protected as always by Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini.

According to TuttoJuve, Coach Massimiliano Allegri will use this morning’s training session to resolve the last questions about his line-up, with the only major doubt in midfield.

Mario Lemina should start alongside Miralem Pjanic and Sami Khedira, but Kwadwo Asamoah could be given the nod ahead of the Gabonese international.

Patrice Evra and Dani Alves will occupy the wing-back roles, with Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala up-front.

Probable Juventus line-up: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Lemina, Khedira, Pjanic, Evra; Dybala, Higuain

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Line-ups: Juventus-Sevilla

http://www.football-italia.net/91447/line-ups-juventus-sevilla?

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus go all-out with Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala for the Champions League opener with Sevilla, as Franco Vazquez is a False 9.

It kicks off at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

The Bianconeri are in Group H along with Olympique Lyonnais and Dinamo Zagreb.

Their campaigns begins this evening against Sevilla, winners of the last three editions of the Europa League and revamped into an all-attack machine under new Coach Jorge Sampaoli.

The summer spending spree has undoubtedly made Juve among the favourites for the Champions League, but that means a lot of added pressure too.

They start €90m man Higuain alongside Dybala, but surprisingly Miralem Pjanic is benched in favour of Mario Lemina as playmaker and Kwadwo Asamoah providing midfield steel.

Patrice Evra and Dani Alves provide bucket-loads of experience down the flanks along with the BBC defence.

Claudio Marchisio and Stefano Sturaro are injured, but Stephan Lichtsteiner isn’t even in the Champions League squad.

Sevilla faced Juve last season in the group phase and a 1-0 home win allowed them to reach the Europa League in third place, going on to win the tournament.

That result also knocked Juve down to second place and forced them into a very tough draw against Bayern Munich.

Samir Nasri arrived from Manchester City on deadline day, but he hasn’t even made the trip to Turin after coming down with a viral infection.

Benoit Tremoulinas has a knee injury and Timothee Kolodziejczak is suspended.

Dybala’s old Palermo teammate Franco Vazquez starts as a False 9, but Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu is on the bench.

Sampaoli pulls a few surprises, using what appears to be a 4-2-3-1 system with Vazquez up top and Luciano Vietto dropped.

Dani Alves is the only man on the field facing his former club, having played for Sevilla from 2002 to 2008.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Khedira, Lemina, Asamoah, Evra; Higuain, Dybala

Juventus bench: Neto, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Pjanic, Cuadrado, Pjaca, Mandzukic

Sevilla: Rico; Mercado, Rami, Nico Pareja, Escudero; N'Zonzi, Kranevitter; Vitolo, Iborra, Sarabia; Vazquez

Sevilla bench: Mariano Ferreira, Daniel Carriço, Vietto, Correa, Kiyotake, Ganso, Sirigu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Line-ups: Juventus-Sevilla

http://www.football-italia.net/91447/line-ups-juventus-sevilla?

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus go all-out with Gonzalo Higuain and Paulo Dybala for the Champions League opener with Sevilla, as Franco Vazquez is a False 9.

It kicks off at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

The Bianconeri are in Group H along with Olympique Lyonnais and Dinamo Zagreb.

Their campaigns begins this evening against Sevilla, winners of the last three editions of the Europa League and revamped into an all-attack machine under new Coach Jorge Sampaoli.

The summer spending spree has undoubtedly made Juve among the favourites for the Champions League, but that means a lot of added pressure too.

They start €90m man Higuain alongside Dybala, but surprisingly Miralem Pjanic is benched in favour of Mario Lemina as playmaker and Kwadwo Asamoah providing midfield steel.

Patrice Evra and Dani Alves provide bucket-loads of experience down the flanks along with the BBC defence.

Claudio Marchisio and Stefano Sturaro are injured, but Stephan Lichtsteiner isn’t even in the Champions League squad.

Sevilla faced Juve last season in the group phase and a 1-0 home win allowed them to reach the Europa League in third place, going on to win the tournament.

That result also knocked Juve down to second place and forced them into a very tough draw against Bayern Munich.

Samir Nasri arrived from Manchester City on deadline day, but he hasn’t even made the trip to Turin after coming down with a viral infection.

Benoit Tremoulinas has a knee injury and Timothee Kolodziejczak is suspended.

Dybala’s old Palermo teammate Franco Vazquez starts as a False 9, but Italy goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu is on the bench.

Sampaoli pulls a few surprises, using what appears to be a 4-2-3-1 system with Vazquez up top and Luciano Vietto dropped.

Dani Alves is the only man on the field facing his former club, having played for Sevilla from 2002 to 2008.

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Khedira, Lemina, Asamoah, Evra; Higuain, Dybala

Juventus bench: Neto, Benatia, Alex Sandro, Pjanic, Cuadrado, Pjaca, Mandzukic

Sevilla: Rico; Mercado, Rami, Nico Pareja, Escudero; N'Zonzi, Kranevitter; Vitolo, Iborra, Sarabia; Vazquez

Sevilla bench: Mariano Ferreira, Daniel Carriço, Vietto, Correa, Kiyotake, Ganso, Sirigu

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Marotta: 'Juve must prove themselves'

http://www.football-italia.net/91451/marotta-juve-must-prove-themselves?

Sep 14, 2016

Beppe Marotta warns Juventus “must prove” their Champions League credentials with Sevilla and Miralem Pjanic on the bench is “a positive.”

It kicks off tonight at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

“Tonight we must prove that we’re good with facts and not the many compliments we’ve received,” director general Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

There were quite a few surprises in the line-up with Pjanic benched in favour of Kwadwo Asamoah and Mario Lemina.

“We have a big squad and are happy to have an abundance of quality to choose from. The fact the Coach can leave such strong players on the bench is a positive.

“We need to have the experience and ability to transmit the right motivation, but above all to prove we are good enough.

“Claudio Marchisio is recovering and the process means we are taking a cautious approach to getting him back on the field. The player is motivated and in around a month he can be back in the group.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Marotta: 'Juve must prove themselves'

http://www.football-italia.net/91451/marotta-juve-must-prove-themselves?

Sep 14, 2016

Beppe Marotta warns Juventus “must prove” their Champions League credentials with Sevilla and Miralem Pjanic on the bench is “a positive.”

It kicks off tonight at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

“Tonight we must prove that we’re good with facts and not the many compliments we’ve received,” director general Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

There were quite a few surprises in the line-up with Pjanic benched in favour of Kwadwo Asamoah and Mario Lemina.

“We have a big squad and are happy to have an abundance of quality to choose from. The fact the Coach can leave such strong players on the bench is a positive.

“We need to have the experience and ability to transmit the right motivation, but above all to prove we are good enough.

“Claudio Marchisio is recovering and the process means we are taking a cautious approach to getting him back on the field. The player is motivated and in around a month he can be back in the group.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png- 2hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

HT 0-0: Khedira wasteful with Sevilla

http://www.football-italia.net/91452/ht-khedira-wasteful-sevilla

Sep 14, 2016

Sami Khedira wasted a couple of sitters as Juventus are pegged back to 0-0 at half-time by Sevilla.

The Bianconeri were considered among the Champions League favourites and the extent of their star-studded squad was evident by the fact Miralem Pjanic was benched in favour of Mario Lemina and Kwadwo Asamoah, while Patrice Evra and Dani Alves provided experience down the wings. Sevilla had won the Europa League for three years running, but were transformed by Jorge Sampaoli into an all-attack side.

Franco Vazquez was used as a False 9, as Samir Nasri and Benoit Tremoulinas were sidelined, Timothee Kolodziejczak suspended.

Sami Khedira was making his 50th Champions League appearance and wasted the first chance of the game after eight minutes, slicing an angled drive well wide when sent clear by a Paulo Dybala through ball.

The German international missed another sitter on a Dybala pass, this time firing straight at Sergio Rico, as did Gonzalo Higuain moments later.

Leonardo Bonucci drilled off target and Higuain chested down a ball for Dybala, but the ex-Palermo man had to spin round to avoid a Rico sliding tackle as the goalkeeper made up for his poor clearance.

Sevilla were far more defensive than expected and the Bianconeri continually ran into a wall of yellow. The referee also told the Spaniards off for time-wasting after just 32 minutes.

On the stroke of half-time Sevilla had a corner, but ex-Milan defender Adil Rami was booked for a wrestling-style grapple with Giorgio Chiellini.

Juventus 0-0 Sevilla (Half-Time)

Ref: Aytekin (GER)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus 0-0 Sevilla: Italian champions unable

to break down Europa League holders

The Italian champions were unable to break down

the La Liga side despite dominating the game.

1zdaf68.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/match/juventus-vs-sevilla/2348398

Sep 14, 2016

Sevilla showed that Juventus will not have it all their on way in Champions League Group H, as the Europa League holders frustrated the Italian champions and left Turin with a 0-0 draw.

Massimiliano Allergi's men defeated Sevilla 2-0 at home in the group stage last term, but on this occasion they came face-to-face with a team out to frustrate them from the start and the visitors' plan was ultimately successful. 

They did not start well, though, as Juve began brightly and went close twice in quick succession early on, only for Sami Khedira to waste both chances.

Sevilla soon woke up defensively, however, and Jorge Sampaoli's men were successful in stifling their hosts for a significant period, though they could do little more than watch when Gonzalo Higuain nodded against the crossbar after an hour in Juve's best opportunity.

Brilliant defending from Nico Pareja shortly after denied Dybala an easy finish as the hosts began to up their intensity towards the end, but Sevilla held strong at the back and Sergio Rico's late save from Alex Sandro clinched a commendable point.

Allegri stressed before the game that the first match is always the most important of any group stage and his side certainly appeared to buy into that approach early on, going agonisingly close twice.

juventus-vs-sevilla_17rreolkqo88e1k4lidu

juventus-vs-sevilla_onx27e64d26a1jxc7uds

First, Sevilla surrendered possession in their own half and Dybala pounced, racing forward and finding Khedira in the area, only for the Germany international to drag his effort wide.

Khedira had the chance to atone for that miss when he was released by Dybala again in Juve's next attack of note, but the midfielder could only shoot straight at Rico when one-on-one.

Sevilla, who deployed three defensive midfielders, were solely focusing on frustrating their hosts and began to look more solid as the first half progressed, ultimately having little trouble keeping Juve at bay until the break.

Juve continued to struggle to break Sevilla down early in the second period, but Sevilla had a lucky escape when Higuain outsmarted Pareja with his movement and headed Dani Alves' pinpoint cross against the crossbar.

Sevilla's introduction of Joaquin Correa injected some energy to their attack and he swiftly caused Juve problems, turning Giorgio Chiellini inside-out with clever footwork before blasting well wide.

Juve quickly had Sevilla back on the defensive, though, and only a crucial touch from Pareja prevented Dybala tapping in Alves' teasing right-wing delivery.

Miralem Pjanic's entrance for the last 22 minutes brought a little more craft to Juve's attack and he almost set Higuain up for the winner with an inviting low ball in towards the near post, but again Pareja was there to intercept.

Juve piled the pressure on in the closing stages and almost secured victory with another chance in stoppage time as Alex Sandro headed Alves' cross goalwards, only for Rico to produce a fine stop to earn his team a valuable point.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

CL: Sevilla frustrate Juventus

Juventus hit the crossbar with Gonzalo Higuain and forced a last-gasp

Sergio Rico save, but Sevilla successfully frustrated them for a 0-0 draw.

28rpled.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/91454/cl-sevilla-frustrate-juventus

Sep 14, 2016

In the other game of this group, Lyon swept Dinamo Zagreb aside 3-0.

The Bianconeri were considered among the Champions League favourites and the extent of their star-studded squad was evident by the fact Miralem Pjanic was benched in favour of Mario Lemina and Kwadwo Asamoah, while Patrice Evra and Dani Alves provided experience down the wings. Sevilla had won the Europa League for three years running, but were transformed by Jorge Sampaoli into an all-attack side.

Franco Vazquez was used as a False 9, as Samir Nasri and Benoit Tremoulinas were sidelined, Timothee Kolodziejczak suspended.

Sami Khedira was making his 50th Champions League appearance and wasted the first chance of the game after eight minutes, slicing an angled drive well wide when sent clear by a Paulo Dybala through ball.

The German international missed another sitter on a Dybala pass, this time firing straight at Sergio Rico, as did Gonzalo Higuain moments later.

Leonardo Bonucci drilled off target and Higuain chested down a ball for Dybala, but the ex-Palermo man had to spin round to avoid a Rico sliding tackle as the goalkeeper made up for his poor clearance.

Sevilla were far more defensive than expected and the Bianconeri continually ran into a wall of yellow. The referee also told the Spaniards off for time-wasting after just 32 minutes.

On the stroke of half-time Sevilla had a corner, but ex-Milan defender Adil Rami was booked for a wrestling-style grapple with Giorgio Chiellini.

The Bianconeri were increasingly frustrated as the match wore on. Dybala blasted over from a Patrice Evra cross after sneaking up behind Escudero, but Higuain thought he’d scored on 59 minutes only for his header to smack against the bar from 12 yards on a Dani Alves assist.

Pjanic, Alex Sandro and ex-Sampdoria winger Joaquin Correa were introduced to break the tactical deadlock. It was Correa who had a great chance within minutes, turning Chiellini inside out with some fancy footwork to blast across the face of goal, just past the far top corner.

At the other end, Dani Alves rolled across the six-yard box and Rico got a fingertip to it, preventing the Dybala tap-in. Higuain horribly side-footed a volley high and wide from Khedira’s ball over the top.

Chiellini and Rami were wrestling again, this time in the Sevilla box on a corner, while Nico Pareja crucially blocked Higuain from meeting Pjanic’s assist from point-blank range.

Marko Pjaca came off the bench late on and had timid penalty appeals rejected for the tiniest of nudges in the back.

Juventus had a huge chance in stoppages, Alex Sandro sneaking up behind Mariano for a free header on the Dani Alves cross, but Sergio Rico scrambled across for a fantastic save to punch it off the line at the base of the near post.

Dani Alves also hit a volley straight at Rico, as Juventus remained frustrated by the 0-0 draw on home turf.

Juventus 0-0 Sevilla

Juventus: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Dani Alves, Khedira, Lemina, Asamoah (Pjanic 68), Evra (Alex Sandro 68); Higuain, Dybala (Pjaca 86)

Sevilla: Rico; Mercado, Rami, Nico Pareja, Escudero; N'Zonzi, Kranevitter (Mariano 78); Vitolo, Iborra, Sarabia (Correa 64); Vazquez (Carriço 90)

Ref: Aytekin (GER)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

2wg6lhu.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Nothing to separate Juventus, Sevilla

in goalless Champions League clash

2lx85cp.jpg

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/juventus/champions-league/

result/result-stalemate-between-juventus-sevilla-in-turin_281324.html

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus had the better of things but could not find a way past Sevilla as they were made to settle for a goalless draw in their opening Champions League match.

The hosts had a total of 10 shots all evening but could only find the target on three occasions, while their opponents - winners of the Europa League for three seasons running - tested Gianluigi Buffon just once.

A cagey opening quarter to the match set the tone, as Leonardo Bonucci blasted wide from long range, while Sergio Rico had to be alert to keep out Sami Khedira's attempt.

The closest either side came to a breakthrough arrived an hour in when Gonzalo Higuain nodded the ball against the crossbar, shortly before turning Khedira's cross wide of the goal.

Juve, who are the only side to have made a perfect start in the Italian top flight, continued to knock on the door as Miralem Pjanic came close and Marko Pjaca was denied when appealing for a penalty.

Massimiliano Allegri's charges kept their best until last, however, with Rico needed to keep out Alex Sandro's header and an acrobatic Dani Alves effort in the closing stages to rescue his side a point.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Chiellini: 'Juve were compact'

28gw5zd.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/91455/chiellini-juve-were-compact?

Sep 14, 2016

Giorgio Chiellini tried to look on the bright side after Juventus were held 0-0 by Sevilla in the Champions League opener.

“We created a lot in the first half, it’s a shame we were unable to score,” he told Mediaset Premium.

“The positive thing from tonight is that we were compact and organised, so we didn’t allow Sevilla any chances.

“We must do more and help our strikers with better service.”

Gonzalo Higuain’s header came off the bar and Alex Sandro forced a last-gasp save from Sergio Rico.

Elsewhere in Group H, Lyon crushed Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 and leapt to the top of the table.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Dani Alves: 'Juve need mental strength'

2mfdhz4.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/91456/dani-alves-juve-need-mental-strength?

Sep 14, 2016

Dani Alves warned Juventus “need to be strong psychologically” in the Champions League after a 0-0 draw with Sevilla.

“We were not lucky, but this is sport. There is no such thing as an easy game,” the former Barcelona star told Mediaset Premium.

“In this competition you need to be strong psychologically and know how to make the most of every opportunity.

“We created several chances to score and played pretty well, but games don’t always go the way you want them to.

“In the second half we again had quite a few scoring opportunities, but it was a difficult match.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xofhxd.jpg

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus pay price for Allegri's ridiculous

decision to leave Pjanic on the bench

The Bianconeri have been touted as potential winners of this year's Champions League

but they fluffed their lines on their opening night - and their coach must take the blame.

2uzz5tw.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914/champions-league/2016/09/14/27533442/-?

Sep 14, 2016

Beppe Marotta admitted shortly before kick-off in Juventus' Champions League clash with Sevilla that the time for talking was over. "Tonight we must prove that we’re good as a matter of fact and not because of the many compliments we have received," the Bianconeri CEO toldMediaset Premium.

"We have a big squad and are happy to have an abundance of quality to choose from. The fact the coach can leave such strong players on the bench is a positive."

True, but leaving the wrong players on the bench is always a negative - and that is precisely what Juve coach Massimiliano Allegri did on Wednesday.

The decision to drop Miralem Pjanic - who had marked an accomplished first start for Juve with a goal against Sassuolo at the weekend - looked unwise even before kick-off. By half-time, it appeared downright reckless for a game against Juve’s principal rivals for top spot in Group H.

Juventus had created the better chances during the opening 45 minutes but that was solely due to the creativity of Paulo Dybala and the dynamism of Sami Khedira.

In truth, the Bianconeri weren't just struggling to break a well-organised Sevilla side down; they were struggling to keep the ball, as underlined by the visitors' remarkable 59% share of possession after 35 minutes of play.

They were not just devoid of pace, they were, as both Paolo Rossi and David Trezeguet argued during the interval, strangely "static".

On the plus side, they looked utterly comfortable in defence, but it was clear that something had to change from an attacking perspective.

Clearly, Allegri had more than a few choice words for his troops in his half-time team talk as they re-emerged from the second half looking far more motivated.

However, Dybala was once again their catalyst. The Argentine has yet to score in Serie A so far this season but he remains Juve's most reliable source of inspiration. It was Dybala who twice put Khedira through on goal during the opening period. And it was Dybala who released the previously ineffective Dani Alves down the right wing just before the hour mark, allowing the Brazilian wing-back to cross unchallenged for Gonzalo Higuain to head against the bar.

The €90 million man was arguably acquired to finish such opportunities and there will be further scrutiny of his poor strike rate in the Champions League (just 13 goals in 56 appearances) - but it was the first decent pass the No.9 had been given all night. That obviously needed to change – and it very nearly did when Pjanic was finally, belatedly, introduced for the final quarter.

With just under 10 minutes to go, the Bosnian controlled the ball with his chest on the right-hand side of the box, lobbed it over Vitolo and then whipped it across the face of the goal in the direction of the waiting Higuain, who would have tapped home had it not been for an outstanding last-ditch challenge from Nicolas Pareja.

Moments later, Pjanic attempted to break the deadlock himself, but his header sailed wide.

As it was, Juve were left wondering what might have been had Pjanic been allowed to play all 90 minutes – and, more pertinently, why Allegri hadn’t allowed him to do so.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Allegri: 'Juve only lacked a goal'

29bdmja.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/91457/allegri-juve-only-lacked-goal

Sep 14, 2016

Max Allegri explained his surprising tactical choices in the 0-0 Champions League draw with Sevilla. “We were just missing a goal.”

The Bianconeri are considered among the favourites for the tournament, but started out with a disappointing home stalemate.

“This was a difficult match due to the Sevilla pressing, though we played a different game in the second half,” the Coach told Mediaset Premium.

“We were unable to get the victory, it is more difficult in Europe and we are disappointed. We need to improve our performance and passing, but there’s everything to suggest we can.”

Paulo Dybala is yet to score this season, while Miralem Pjanic and Alex Sandro were surprisingly benched.

“Dybala plays the same position as last year, he’s just a little tired. In the second half we took control of the game and were just missing a goal.

“Kwadwo Asamoah gave us something more when defending. I introduced Marko Pjaca at the end because his pace could be more dangerous than the physicality of Mario Mandzukic.

“We are absolutely not let down by this result. We know that we’ve got every chance of progressing.”

Lyon beat Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 in the other Group H game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

xlf6gm.gif

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Juventus 0-0 Sevilla FC

5l9q3n.jpg

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/report?gameId=466250

Sep 14, 2016

Juventus were frustrated by a stubborn Sevilla side in Turin as the 2015 Champions League finalists started this year's campaign with a 0-0 draw.

Without the recently departed Alvaro Morata and Paul Pogba, two key figures in their run to the final in Berlin two seasons ago, Juve could not unlock the Spanish team that has won the previous three Europa League titles, the most recent of which ensured they went straight into the group stages this term.

Record signing Gonzalo Higuain came closest when he hit the crossbar, while Sami Khedira was wasteful with two clear openings in the first period.

The Italians would have been encouraged by how they got behind their Spanish opponents twice in the early exchanges, though Khedira should have done better on both counts.

The German midfielder, who has scored twice already in the league this year, screwed a first-time right-footed shot wide having been set up by Paulo Dybala, while the same player released Khedira to put an attempt straight at goalkeeper Sergio Rico as he lost his balance.

Just before the hour mark, former Napoli striker Higuain finally came alive and almost gave Juve the lead.

The Argentinian striker's movement to meet Dani Alves' cross was brilliant but he flicked his header against the woodwork with Rico only able to watch from a flat-footed position.

Ten minutes later boss Massimiliano Allegri made a double switch, replacing Kwadwo Asamoah and Patrice Evra with Alex Sandro and Miralem Pjanic, and the changes helped give the home side more urgency.

Alves' centre from the right was touched away from Dybala by Rico's outstretched hand while Pjanic's delivery from the same area of the pitch would have been turned in by Higuain had Nico Pareja not brilliantly read the danger to make a last-gasp block at the near post.

Juventus increasingly sensed it was going to be one of those nights and there was a hint of desperation when Marko Pjaca tried, in vain, to win a penalty when he felt Franco Vazquez's arm brush his back.

There was one final chance for the Serie A champions as Sandro raced in from the touchline and caught out Mariano with a back-post header which Rico did brilliantly to turn away in stoppage time.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

28bffyu.jpg

swcy9l.png

JUVENTUS - SEVILLA

5zk2vt.png0-02hohfz8.jpg

MATCHDAY 1
Juventus Stadium, Turin
 (Germany)

Sampaoli: 'Sevilla contained Juve'

244tb3n.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/91458/sampaoli-sevilla-contained-juve?

Sep 14, 2016

Jorge Sampaoli saw Sevilla “on the same level as Juventus” in their 0-0 draw, but insists they “remain candidates for the Champions League Final.”

The Spaniards took a surprisingly defensive approach in Turin, playing a high pressing game and using Franco Vazquez as a False 9.

“We pressed well and contained Juve, also going through more anxious moments of the game, but I am satisfied,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“I evaluate the game based on performance and result. We controlled the tempo and ran into spaces. It was difficult considering the characteristics of our opponents.

“It was a huge effort and we ran some risks at the end. We had to defend in the air too and proved we are prepared for any attack. There was no difference between the teams, we were on the same level.

“Sergio Rico was comfortable with his feet too and made a fine save at the end. He really did well tonight.”

Lyon beat Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 in the other game, but can Sevilla fight for a top two finish in Group H?

“We need to grow and improve a great deal. There will be different requirements in different games, but we also need to create more.

“Starting in Turin with a point is good for us. We’ll have a lot of games coming up and it’s a morale-booster. Many players showed no fear when pressing high up. We need to improve in possession and start moves better.”

Did Sampaoli expect a more impressive Juventus considering all their new signings?

“They continue to be candidates for the Champions League Final.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Ospite
Questa discussione è chiusa.
Accedi per seguire   

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.

• Crea Nuovo...