.......12th Matchday

Sunday, november 11th 2018 - 8:30 p.m. CET 

7.30 p.m. UK time - 6.30 p.m. GMT
Giuseppe Meazza Stadium - Milan

Referee: Paolo Mazzoleni

FT 0-2: Juventus nightmare for Higuain

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125179

Nov 11, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain had a nightmare against his former club, as he missed a penalty and was sent off in a rage when Juventus beat Milan 2-0.

Higuain shook off a back problem to start against his former teammates with Samu Castillejo, as Patrick Cutrone and Davide Calabria were not 100 per cent fit, with Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura, Mateo Musacchio, Mattia Caldara and Andrea Conti unavailable. Juve missed Juan Cuadrado and decided to leave Leonardo Bonucci on the bench, perhaps to protect him from the jeers of his former fans on this first return to San Siro.

After eight minutes, Alex Sandro whipped in a splendid cross from the left and Mario Mandzukic snuck up behind Ricardo Rodriguez for a towering header.

Mandzukic almost repeated the trick soon after, but this time Alessio Romagnoli got back to intercept. Milan moved to 4-3-3 after 25 minutes, moving Castillejo to a wider role.

Suso’s scorcher from a huge distance was well smothered by Wojciech Szczesny, but Milan were awarded a penalty after a VAR viewing on 40 minutes. Higuain was furious, as he was getting the ball under control when Benatia blocked it with his hand.

Pipita stepped up to take the spot-kick, but it was fairly weak and Szczesny managed to fingertip it on to the upright. It was the latest example of Higuain failing to convert a penalty in a big game.

Hakan Calhanoglu drilled wide, but Paulo Dybala’s free kick swerved over the wall to clip the outside of the near post.

Patrick Cutrone came on and made an immediate impact, sparking a dangerous counter that Benatia had to intercept before the young forward could finish off Higuain’s cross. Juve went on a similar counter from Milan’s corner, but Ronaldo’s finish was captured by Donnarumma.

Ricardo Rodriguez blasted over and Milan began to pour forward, Giorgio Chiellini using every area of his body to intercept a Higuain pull-back from the by-line.

Just as the pressure was on for an equaliser, Juventus doubled their lead. Diego Laxalt’s clearance was very poor, allowing Cancelo to test Donnarumma at the near post with a powerful angled drive, which he parried into the path of Cristiano Ronaldo to blast into the roof of the net from eight yards. It was the first goal CR7 had scored at San Siro in his sixth attempt.

Moments later, Higuain fell into another trap he has shown throughout his career, of letting the emotion of a situation get to him. He was booked for a foul on Benatia, screamed into the face of the referee and was sent off. Pipita then completely lost it and had to be dragged away in tears as he raged at every official he could find.

Milan: G Donnarumma; Abate (Laxalt 74), Zapata, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Suso, Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu (Borini 74); Castillejo (Cutrone 61), Higuain

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Benatia, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic (Khedira 74), Matuidi; Dybala (Douglas Costa 79), Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Mazzoleni

Saved penalty: Higuain 41 (M)

Sent off: Higuain 83 (M)

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

MILAN 0-2 JUVENTUS

Mario Mandzukic 8'

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

..       .                                       

.......12th Matchday

Ronaldo: 'Don't punish Higuain'

https://www.football-italia.net/130581/ronaldo-dont-punish-higuain

Nov 11, 2018

Cristiano Ronaldo celebrated the Juventus victory over Milan, but hopes Gonzalo Higuain “isn’t punished too severely” for the dismissal.

Mario Mandzukic’s header opened the scoring early on and Cristiano Ronaldo finished it after Higuain saw his penalty saved by Wojciech Szczesny.

“I am very happy, especially for the team, because playing away to Milan is always very difficult,” CR7 told Sky Sport Italia.

“Winning 2-0 at San Siro is no mean feat. It was important to win, because Napoli beat Genoa last night and we had to keep our distance.”

The tension got to Higuain, who was sent off for screaming at the referee and then completely lost control, having to be dragged away in tears.

“I told him to calm down, as he risked an even heavier ban. He didn’t do much, he was irritable at losing the game, that’s understandable and I hope he is not punished too severely.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

MILAN 0-2 JUVENTUS

Mario Mandzukic 8'

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

..       .                                       

.......12th Matchday

Allegri: 'Juve learned from Man Utd loss'

https://www.football-italia.net/130582/allegri-juve-learned-man-utd-loss

Nov 11, 2018

Massimiliano Allegri explains why he left Leonardo Bonucci out against Milan and how Juventus learned from defeat to Manchester United.

Mario Mandzukic’s header and a late Cristiano Ronaldo rebound secured their 2-0 result at San Siro, although Wojciech Szczesny saved a Gonzalo Higuain penalty.

“We got right back on track after the defeat to Manchester United, which had shaken us. We did well to attack the game and that was the only way to set aside what happened in those final five minutes against Manchester United,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We had a couple of risks here and Wojciech Szczesny was fortunately ready to make the saves. We are putting in some good performances, picking up some good wins.

“This was an important weekend for the league, as Inter lost in Bergamo and we remain at the same distance from Napoli, who are having an extraordinary season.”

Bonucci was expected to face his former teammates, but was instead left on the bench in a tense atmosphere.

“He needed to rest anyway and it just happened to be against Milan. Even on the bench he was pelted with insults from the Curva, so it was better this way.

“The defeat to Manchester United did us good, because tonight we had to win and keep a clean sheet. We lowered the tempo a little in the second half and I think we ought to try more shots from distance, as that keeps the pressure on the opposition. If we try to walk it into the net and get a bit too intricate, that can leave you open to the counter.

“Everyone who spoke to me after the Manchester game said we played well, but that doesn’t count if you don’t win. At times we still don’t do things that seem simple, but those are the things that need doing.

“When Mandzukic, Ronaldo and Dybala are in attack, naturally it’s going to be a little less ordered up there, but at the same time it also makes us less predictable for the opposition.

“We knew that we had more chances of causing Abate problems on the cross. Alex Sandro put a great cross on to the head of Mandzukic.

“Earlier this season, we tended to put the crosses in too low, but we’re starting to lift them more now and make the most of Mandzukic’s characteristics.

“Ronaldo is an atypical centre-forward, but still a centre-forward.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

MILAN 0-2 JUVENTUS

Mario Mandzukic 8'

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

..       .                                       

.......12th Matchday

Gattuso: 'Higuain must control himself'

https://www.football-italia.net/130583/gattuso-higuain-must-control-himself

Nov 11, 2018

Gennaro Gattuso had seen Gonzalo Higuain’s emotional state as a problem ahead of the dismissal against Juventus. “He needs to learn to control himself.”

Pipita had a nightmare against his old club, seeing a penalty saved by Wojciech Szczesny and then sent off for raging at the referee.

“We mustn’t try to cling to alibis, yellow cards or not. We lost to a team that was clearly stronger than us,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia after a 2-0 defeat.

“I also don’t want to talk about who wasn’t here. We were up against a team that has been winning for years and adds a big star every summer.

“We did what we had to do, we remained in the game and were naïve on the second goal, but Juve didn’t crush us. We played well for periods, but Juve are on a different level and we have to accept it.

“Maybe the penalty would’ve changed something, but we did struggle against their physicality and pace.”

Was Higuain meant to take the penalty?

“There are several penalty takers and they decide between themselves. He felt like taking it, he got it wrong, these things happen. Kessie missed one last season too.

“I do hope Pipita apologises to the referee for his attitude. He needs to learn to control himself more. I saw how much pressure he felt on his shoulders, taking a penalty against his old club, anyone who has played football knows that emotions can get to you in these situations.

“Juventus aren’t just the strongest side in Italy right now, they are on the same level as Barcelona and Manchester City. I still think we could’ve stayed in the game to the end, and we very nearly did. For the first 20-25 minutes of the second half, we created some chances and stole the ball off them.

“We weren’t sharp enough. Hakan Calhanoglu had the chance to change play three or four times, but he never did. We know he’s got this pain at the top of his foot and is trying to carry on through the pain, but he’s not at his best.

“Unfortunately, we had some sparks, but ultimately I never got the feeling we were hurting Juve. We were worried in defence and fortunately they didn’t spot Blaise Matuidi’s runs, or they could’ve hurt us even more.

“Samu Castillejo never found his position, but we certainly did better after moving to 4-3-3.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

MILAN 0-2 JUVENTUS

Mario Mandzukic 8'

Cristiano Ronaldo 81'

..       .                                       

.......12th Matchday

Szczesny: ‘Higuain always kicks like that’

https://www.football-italia.net/130605/szczesny-‘higuain-always-kicks-that’

Nov 12, 2018

Juventus' Wojciech Szczesny knew exactly where Milan’s Gonzalo Higuain would put his penalty - “last year, as second goalkeeper, I always trained with him”.

The Polish international saved Pipita’s spot kick last night, diving low his right to push it onto the post.

“I know him, because he was one of the penalty takers last year,” Szczesny told JTV.

“Last year, as second goalkeeper, I always trained with him on penalties and of course we’d studied them.

“I chose to move first on his penalty, he usually hits them like that and I just had to hope he wouldn’t change, which he didn’t.

“So I’m happy to have saved the penalty.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

Ancelotti: ‘Too many insults’

https://www.football-italia.net/130606/ancelotti-‘too-many-insults’

Nov 12, 2018

Napoli Coach Carlo Ancelotti reiterates his beliefs about the atmosphere in Italian football - “abroad it’s unlikely you’ll be insulted, in England it’s impossible”.

The three-time Champions League winner said last week that there are too many insults in the stadiums, and he expanded on that at the FIGC’s symposium today.

“The thing that’s most lacking abroad is definitely the tactical aspect,” Ancelotti said.

“Italian football remains competitive in that regard, where tactics are thought over long and hard. The first time I was in England a found a different way of working among my staff and that brought me more knowledge.

“The biggest problem could be the language, because you don’t always have that direct and immediate connection with the players.

“Now football has become globalised, but abroad they’re more advanced in terms of infrastructure and on a cultural level than we are in Italy.

“Here we still treat football like a battle, abroad it’s unlikely you’ll be insulted, in England it’s impossible.

“In Spain there’s a strong rivalry among the teams, but there’s never this rudeness. We can improve a lot in Italy, it’s possible to suspend games, not just for rain…”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
Socrates    3992
Amministratore
111394 messaggi

Two game ban for Higuain

https://www.football-italia.net/130643/two-game-ban-higuain

Nov 12, 2018

Gonzalo Higuain has been given a two game ban and a warning after his sending off in Milan’s defeat to Juventus.

The striker was booked by referee Paolo Mazzoleni late in the second half, which prompted a furious reaction.

He shouted in the official’s face, resulting in a second yellow, and had to be dragged away by teammates and former Juve teammates.

That could have resulted in a long ban, but both he and Bianconeri striker Cristiano Ronaldo made it clear he hadn’t said anything insulting to Mazzoleni.

Video replays appeared to show him screaming “you always whistle at me!”, indicating he was sent off for the severity of his reaction, rather than what he actually said.

Today the Lega Serie A has released its disciplinary report, with Higuain given a two game ban and a warning.

It was found Pipita had reacted in “an uncontrolled and threatening way” while “blatantly reiterating his protests” as he refused to leave the pitch.

That means he’ll be suspended for the Lazio and Parma games after the international break, but available thereafter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti