Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130805 messaggi

2dtxaar.jpg

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon agrees
to contract extension through 2018

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/5/11/11653122/report-juventus-goalkeeper-gianluigi-buffon-agrees-to-contract-extension

May 11, 2016

Unlike a small number of his teammates who are in their mid-30s, Gigi Buffon's contract status for next season was already a certainty. His deal isn't set to expire like Patrice Evra or, up until a couple of days ago, Andrea Barzagli. Their contracts need or needed renewal. Buffon's doesn't.

And he's going to get one anyway.

According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Buffon will be a part of the Barzagli Contract Extension Party as well, tacking on another year to his deal that is set to expire after the 2016-17 season. Instead, he will have the same contract length now as Barzagli, and will almost certainly stay true to his word that the 2018 season and World Cup in Russia will be his final swansong for both club and country.

Gianluigi Buffon is set to celebrate another Scudetto with Juventus. And a Coppa Italia trophy could be on arrival too, if Juventus can defeat Milan later this month. Now, Buffon has received a contract extension through 2018, prolonging a contract that had a year remaining on it already. Tomorrow evening at 18:00 CET at Vinovo, Juventus will announce the extension to Andrea Barzagli, now Buffon's as well.

The first thing that popped into my head after reading the paragraph above: Is anybody else going to have their contract extension thrown into tomorrow's festivities?

But that's beside the point for now, I guess.

Buffon is one of those players that can sign a contract extension for as long as he wants. He has earned that right and no matter how long he wants to play, that's what he should get. But knowing what we know, and knowing that Buffon is pretty set on calling it a career after he becomes the first ever player to participate in six World Cups, having his contract end in 2018 is no surprise at all. He wants to play until he's 40 years old, and the way he's going, he'll still be the gold standard of goalkeeping at that age.

This is Gigi Buffon we're talking about here, folks. And to see him continue to play for this club is something we should all be thankful for. These kinds of players don't come along all too often, so let's cherish Buffon while he's still playing and showing everybody around why he's the G.O.A.T.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon extends with Juventus until 2018

The goalkeeper has committed his future to the Turin club, who have also been boosted
by a player Andrea Agnelli described as "one of our best ever signings" penning a new deal too.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/05/11/23385442/-?

May 11, 2016

Juventus have announced long-serving goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has signed a contract extension that ties him to the Turin club till 2018.

The shot-stopper joined the Serie A champions in 2001 for a world record one billion lire and has since become a legend in Turin, turning out for them nearly 600 times and winning seven Scudetti. Meanwhile, he has made 152 appearances for Italy and lifted the World Cup in 2006.

Despite turning 38 in January, the ex-Parma man remains one of the world's premier players in his position, and Juve's decision to offer him a fresh deal confirms that.

"I'm immensely proud in the faith Juventus have placed in me once more," Buffon told the press. "I hope that my fantastic story with this club will go on and bring even further success."

JuventusFC ✔ ‎@juventusfcen
OFFICIAL: @andreabarzagli2 and @gianluigibuffon extend contracts until 30 June 2018. #Barzagli2018 #Buffon2018

There was further good news for the Italian champions on Wednesday as they also secured a contract extension for veteran centre-back Andrea Barzagli, who arrived at the club from Wolfsburg in 2011. He too has signed terms that will keep him in Turin until 2018.

"Even at this age, I still have room to improve and this is the best place for me to do so," he commented.

President Andrea Agnelli said: "Having Buffon in our squad is a true privilege. He is so important for us on and off the field.

"I consider Barzagli to be one of the best signings we have ever made. He is a magnificent defender."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Proud to stay at Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/84174/buffon-%E2%80%98proud-stay-juventus%E2%80%99?

May 11, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon is “proud” to have extended his Juventus contract, and targets a 10th Scudetto.

The goalkeeper and Andrea Barzagli both officially extended their deals today, and the captain spoke at a Press conference.

“I’ll be brief and concise,” Buffon promised the assembled journalists.

“I’m proud of this further act of trust that the club and the world of Juve have placed in me.

“I want to emphasis the fact that the path we’re on together is one of strength, with everyone coming together to try and improve and get to the dream and the objective we’re all aiming for [the Champions League].

“I think I can reach it with my teammates and this great club which makes us feel secure. In the end the real truth is that player can only express himself at great levels when working with a group, and when there are people behind the scenes who know their stuff.

“I think everyone knows my history with Juventus, I hope it will end in the best way and with more successes.

“The last time I was here to celebrate a renewal it was with the President [Andrea Agnelli] and [Giorgio] Chiellini, today I’m with the President and Barzagli.

“I’m very proud of that, to share something so important with my teammate, because in the end I think there’s a bond that unites us both on the pitch and off.

“What interests me though has always been the pitch, and there we have something that is really deep, really special and borne of mutual respect.

“I think that in every situation you experience, in sport and in life, it’s not easy to find that, and we have that esteem between us players and I think with the directors. I’m truly grateful for all that.

“A 10th Scudetto? [buffon has nine, although two were revoked due to Calciopoli] Honestly, we’ll see how these two years go. We’ll start next season with great humility.

“If it goes as I and all the Juve family hope, it would be a great satisfaction, those would be really incredible numbers.

“It would be my 16th season with Juve, and in those seasons I’d have 10 Scudetti and one title in Serie B.

“Those are really important numbers, for me but above all for the team.”

With the Old Lady having secured a fifth-Scudetto in a row, Buffon was asked what the difference is between them and the other teams in Serie A.

“I think what’s important is having these lads who are intimately familiar with what Juventus means, what it means to be at Juve, to wear this shirt and to represent the club on and off the pitch.

“I believe in the strength of these lads. Our strength in the dressing room will be there, and then if it’s decided on the pitch that we’re good we’ll see what happens.

“Does it help having a lot of Italians? Like I said at the beginning, it’s clear that having a hard-core, a nucleus of people who embody what it means to be Juve, is helpful.”

The goalkeeper was not even nominated for the Ballon d’Or last year, does that rejection sting?

“In all honestly I don’t feel any sense of injustice about the Ballon d’Or,” Buffon insisted.

“I know I’ve had a brilliant career, I know I’ve come close a few times, and deservedly so, I think.

“But I also know that if I didn’t win, it means I didn’t do enough. That’s the only truth, you can’t start looking for bad faith or other things.

“The fault is only mine, because I should have done better in certain situations.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Comparisons don’t matter’

http://www.football-italia.net/84176/buffon-%E2%80%98comparisons-don%E2%80%99t-matter%E2%80%99?

May 11, 2016

Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon dismisses comparisons to other goalkeepers.

The 38-year-old signed a new contract with the Bianconeri today, and is still one of the best in the world, despite making his debut over 20 years ago.

Given his longevity, it has been suggested he could even break Alessandro Del Piero’s record for Juventus appearances.

The goalkeeper has 579 appearances, while his former teammate managed 705.

“Doing the calculations, even playing until 2018, I couldn’t get to that goal with 50 or 55 League games,” Buffon noted.

“I have to be honest, the goals I have for these years are team goals, and the desire to improve. Those are the goals I’ve set myself.

“I often brush it off when my younger colleagues tell me ‘you’re stronger than [Thibaut] Courtois or [Manuel] Neuer’.

“They’re 22, 25 or 30. I’m 38, so I think it’s right that I’m put to one side. I think about myself, my path and what I aspire to, it’s no longer the time to make comparisons.

“Also because, even before, I could be offended by certain comparisons. I prefer to shelve comparisons at my age.”

Despite his glittering career, Buffon has never won the Champions League. What will it take to win it before he retires in 2018?

“Definitely Juve still need to improve a little bit. I don’t know if that’s in terms of holding our nerve, character or focus at certain times of the game because that’s what was said after [bayern] Munich.

“For me a goal in improving is a healthy reflection on that defeat, because I realised that I made a mistake that I never want to repeat in the future.

“After we conceded for 2-2, to have suffered so much and conceded that goal, my nervous energy and competitive spirit became overwhelmed by feelings of disappointment, which was a terrible decision in that moment.

“That’s a lesson I’ll carry with me for the next two years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon targets 10th Serie A title
after signing new Juventus deal

The veteran shot-stopper, who is now contracted to the Bianconeri until 2018, has lifted
nine Scudetti with the club and has targeted winning another to add to his collection.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/05/11/23389552/-?

May 11, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has set his sights on winning a 10th Serie A title after signing a new contract that will keep him at the club until June 2018.

The 38-year-old has lifted nine Scudetti since joining Juventus from Parma in 2001 – although two of those were later revoked following the Turin side's role in the Calciopoli scandal – but he remains hungry for more.

"We'll see what happens next season. We'll be starting in a very humble way next year as usual," Buffon said.

"It will be my 16th season with Juventus and it could be 10 Scudetti. These figures certainly stress the great continuity in our performance.

"Certainly, I want to reach the team targets and to further improve – these are the main goals."

The Italian has enjoyed plenty of success at domestic level, but has yet to lift the Champions League.

Juventus were beaten in the final by Barcelona last season, while Bayern Munich proved to be too strong this term after some unconvincing goalkeeping from Buffon in the decisive second leg and he has admitted he will not forget about his display that night easily.

"We have to improve in terms of pressure, character, concentration in some moments. That's what we can take from out matches against Bayern," he added.

"Assessing that defeat, I realised I made a huge mistake after the second goal, I really suffered from nerves from a mental point of view.

"That's a great disappointment. I'll have to cope with that for the next two years."

Buffon is widely regarded as one of the game''s greats, though he has never won the Ballon d'Or during a career that has also seen him claim a 2006 World Cup winner's medal with Italy.

However, the veteran is not overly bothered with the lack of individual recognition that has come his way.

"I don't really feel any injustice over the Ballon d'Or," he continued.

"I'd say I've had a great career and I've been very close a couple of times, but if I don't get it it's probably because I haven't done enough. We can't just search for any other reason."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon given Leicester gift

http://www.football-italia.net/84191/buffon-given-leicester-gift?

May 11, 2016

Juventus and Italy captain Gigi Buffon proudly showed off his new prized possession – a signed Leicester City shirt.

The veteran signed a new contract today holding him to Juve until June 2018, by which point the goalkeeper will be 40 years old.

“A day of special signatures,” wrote Buffon on Twitter.

“Mine with Juve until 2018 and then those of Leicester. Thank you, Mister Ranieri!”

The fairy-tale Premier League champions dedicated the shirt to ‘Gigi, our legend.’

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

6nw6kh.jpg

Juventus press conference recap - Gianluigi Buffon,
Andrea Barzagli extend contracts

Club President Andrea Agnelli announces extensions for both Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Barzagli.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/5/11/11656008/juventus-andrea-agnelli-gianluigi-buffon-andrea-barzagli-extend-contracts-2018

May 11, 2016

Earlier today, Juventus announced that two stalwarts of their backline would be extending their terms at the club through till the summer of 2018. Club captain Gianluigi Buffon and central defender Andrea Barzagli will both remain with the club for another two seasons.

LIVE: Andrea Agnelli, @andreabarzagli2 and @gianluigibuffon are in front of the media in Vinovo.

In a joint press conference, President Andrea Agnelli covered a wide range of topics in his introduction, focusing mainly on the Scudetto triumph and the upcoming Coppa Italia final, and also the disappointment of the Champions League exit.

"Something which definitely was a source of bitterness for us this year was the elimination from the Champions League.

"It was a bittersweet-bitterness though, because the game against Bayern Munich confirmed the international scope of this team. It confirmed that last year wasn't a fluke, but that Juventus are truly starting to position ourselves among the European greats.

"We played basically on a par first with Barcelona and then with Bayern, in what we think was the most beautiful tie of the Champions League this year, on par with the Europa League Quarter-Final between Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool.

"We have to give the final signal that our dimension is an international one.

"I've talked with pride about the fifth Scudetto, but I don't think we'll understand the enormity of this result until 10, 15 or 20 years down the line.

"Only when some time has passed will we be fully able to see that we've written a page of history. At the moment we can't take stock of what we've done, because we're absolutely focused on our next objectives.

"When you come to Juventus, you realize that the most important objective isn't the one you just achieved - it's the next one.

"So from that point of view our attentions are focused on the Coppa Italia final on May 21, because it would be the first time an Italian club had done that one-two [retaining the Scudetto and Coppa].

"So we're focused on that, and only after can we draw conclusions from this year.

"They're objectives that we'll be aiming for again next year, and with our world-class Coach [Massimiliano Allegri] we really have the chance to go beyond history and into legend with a sixth Scudetto or really trying to reach an international objective [the Champions League].

"All the lads that are at Juventus now have the knowledge that we can go and play anywhere in Europe. We know it has to be a dream, but it's a dream that is achievable now."

Agnelli then went on to speak highly of the two veterans and the values they have brought to the club.

"The two lads I have next to me leave me a bit emotional, because I'm next to two world champions, two guys who have been champions of Italy five times in a row. Gigi can add another five Scudetti to that, as well as other national cups and trophies.

"It's a real privilege for me to have had Gigi as captain of Juventus over these years, because the captain of Juventus is the captain of Italy. A captain isn't just someone who wears the armband, it's somebody who makes the difference on and off the pitch.

"The last time we were here I hoped that someone like him would be given the highest individual honour, the Ballon d'Or. That didn't work out, so I hope Gigi will never give up and we'll see what happens.

"Also with me is Andrea, with whom I've joked several times that he's my best-ever buy and I can only reiterate that. Andrea is another serious, reserved lad who deserves not 10 times, but 100 times the spotlight that he gets. "I don't think he seeks the spotlight, but he definitely deserves more of it.

"He's one of the best defenders of his era, and when you talk about Thiago Silva, Gerard Pique and John Terry he definitely belongs on that list. The fact we've had him with us for the past five years and will have him for the next two makes us extremely proud.

"We have two more years ahead of us with Andrea and Gigi, we'll walk together until 2018."

Goalkeeper, captain and club legend Buffon then addressed the assembled media -

"I'll be brief and concise. I'm proud of this further act of trust that the club and the world of Juve have placed in me. I want to emphasize the fact that the path we're on together is one of strength, with everyone coming together to try and improve and get to the dream and the objective we're all aiming for [the Champions League].

"I think I can reach it with my teammates and this great club which makes us feel secure. In the end the real truth is that player can only express himself at great levels when working with a group, and when there are people behind the scenes who know their stuff.

"I think everyone knows my history with Juventus, I hope it will end in the best way and with more successes. The last time I was here to celebrate a renewal it was with the President [Andrea Agnelli] and [Giorgio] Chiellini, today I'm with the President and Barzagli. I'm very proud of that, to share something so important with my teammate, because in the end I think there's a bond that unites us both on the pitch and off.

"What interests me though has always been the pitch, and there we have something that is really deep, really special and borne of mutual respect. I think that in every situation you experience, in sport and in life, it's not easy to find that, and we have that esteem between us players and I think with the directors. I'm truly grateful for all that.

"A 10th Scudetto? Honestly, we'll see how these two years go. We'll start next season with great humility. If it goes as I and all the Juve family hope, it would be a great satisfaction, those would be really incredible numbers. It would be my 16th season with Juve, and in those seasons I'd have 10 Scudetti and one title in Serie B. Those are really important numbers, for me but above all for the team."

Having recently won a fifth Scudetto in a row, he was asked what the difference is between Juve and the other teams in Serie A.

"I think what's important is having these lads who are intimately familiar with what Juventus means, what it means to be at Juve, to wear this shirt and to represent the club on and off the pitch.

"I believe in the strength of these lads. Our strength in the dressing room will be there, and then if it's decided on the pitch that we're good we'll see what happens.

"Does it help having a lot of Italians? Like I said at the beginning, it's clear that having a hard-core, a nucleus of people who embody what it means to be Juve, is helpful."

On not being nominated for the Ballon d'Or last year -

"In all honesty I don't feel any sense of injustice about the Ballon d'Or. I know I've had a brilliant career, I know I've come close a few times, and deservedly so, I think.

"But I also know that if I didn't win, it means I didn't do enough. That's the only truth, you can't start looking for bad faith or other things. The fault is only mine, because I should have done better in certain situations."

For his part, Barzagli also commented on his own personal improvement.

"I don't feel like, and I've never felt like the [world's] strongest defender. That's just all the more reason to become that, and to keep improving. It's nice to be thought of that way, though.

Even at this age I feel like I have room to improve, so I always try to stay in top shape so can remain at high levels. I also learn from my teammates, and from my opponents when I watch them on TV. I enjoy it. I think I can continue to grow at this age, and I want to prove it on the pitch."

The defender went on to speak of his pride at extending his contract with the Bianconeri until 2018.

"I'm really proud and excited today, because this is what I wanted. Above all I wanted to play for a prestigious club like Juve, so when I got here five-and-a-half years ago I came with maximum concentration, but also nerves at having to deal with such a big stadium and fanbase.

"Now it's been five years, we've won a lot and we want to continue to do that. I'm very happy with this two year renewal and I can't wait to start again on Sunday, I can't wait for the Coppa Italia final and I can't wait to do it all again next year.

"So I thank the President [Andrea Agnelli] for his beautiful words about me, I thank the club, the directors and everyone who works here."

As with Buffon, the defender was asked about the Italian core in Turin.

"I think it's important to point out that while there's definitely a hard-core, the players who have come in have also started like us, and that's made the difference.

"We Italians understand what it means to wear this shirt, what it means to win in this shirt and what the Scudetto means."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

6nw6kh.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon voted Juventus'
MVP for the 2015-16 season

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/5/13/11669528/gianluigi-buffon-voted-juventus-mvp-for-the-2015-16-season

May 13, 2016

Whether it's because of his heroics against Fiorentina a couple of weeks ago or that he's just extended his contract for another season, we've talked a lot about Gianluigi Buffon lately. And, as I play my Buffon Bias/Goalkeeper Card here, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's Buffon, and talking about him is never not a bad thing.

Guess what? We're not going to stop talking about him, either.

Buffon was voted as Juventus' MVP for the 2015-16 campaign in a vote by fans of the club. Some might have said baby-faced star striker Paulo Dybala was the team's most valuable player this season, but I won't squabble over this. Juventus had a tweet announcing the news of Buffon's latest and greatest individual award, so I clicked on it. This is what it had to tell us about why Buffon is the MVP this season:

There were marvellous milestones such as setting a new Serie A record for minutes without conceding (973), overtaking Gaetano Scirea as the second most capped player in the club's history and equalling his personal record for clean sheets in a single season (21).

There were also simply spectacular saves, the double block on Milan's Mario Balotelli and the dramatic parry of Nikola Kalinic's penalty-kick against Fiorentina particularly poignant as the Bianconeri closed in on an historic fifth successive Serie A title.

The MVP of a #HI5TORY making year. It could only be @gianluigibuffon. #NumeroUno #G1G1

I mean, they could have just said he's Gigi Buffon, dropped the mic and I would have been totally okay with it. But they chose to tell us about why Buffon is the MVP, and I won't stop them for doing so.

But Buffon is, well, Buffon and there's nothing that anybody else can do about it. The stats he's put up this season are simply remarkable when you consider both how Juventus started the season and the fact that he's 38 years old. Goalkeepers his age are either cashing checks as backups, or ready to hang up their gloves and head out on many weekends where the beaches are sunny and the people are incredibly tan.

Again, he's 38 years and still playing at a crazy-good level. No wonder he was voted the team MVP this season. It's pretty safe to say that the guy deserves it for how well he's played over the last eight-plus months.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Alisson: ‘Buffon is a legend’

http://www.football-italia.net/84428/%E2%80%A8alisson-%E2%80%98buffon-legend%E2%80%99

May 16, 2016

Alisson promises to “honour the Roma shirt” and calls Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon “a legend”.

The Brazilian goalkeeper has agreed a deal to join the Giallorossi this summer, and spoke to Sport TV about the move.

“I don’t know the details of the methods in Europe, but I know that the Italian school is one of the best,” Alisson said.

“One of the goalkeepers I admire the most is Buffon, he’s a legend. I want to get to Italy and get to know their training systems.

“I know that it’s different from Brazil, I’ve already spoken to some goalkeepers, including Diego Alves, who played in Europe for a long time and they gave me some tips.

“I’ll work a lot and do my best to honour the Roma shirt.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'This is the true Juve'

http://www.football-italia.net/84439/buffon-true-juve

May 17, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon discusses Juventus' Scudetto campaign and his possible future as a Coach.

The 38-year-old was among the decisive men in the Bianconeri's campaign for a historic fifth Serie A title, including a new goalkeeping record for the longest run without conceding goals (974 minutes).

“I think this Scudetto showed Juventus' real qualities and those of the men in the team,” Buffon told the Tiki Taka show on Italia 1. “Never before was the team in greater need of a drive to keep surprising people and to resist what initially seemed like a destined result.

“My personal record doesn't add anything for me. Nothing changed in terms of pride and personal gratification, but I'm glad I was able to reach such an important result with this team. The record goes under the name Buffon, but must be credited to [Andrea] Barzagli, [Giorgio] Chiellini, [Leonardo] Bonucci and everybody else.”

Buffon famously delivered a motivational speech after Juventus' 1-0 defeat to Sassuolo, just before the negative streak of the Bianconeri was over.

“The season didn't change just because of that. It takes many different variable, and not just abstract words. You must have men who are willing to listen to you.

“We kicked off the season worst than anybody else. Things changed when we understood that thinking of Inter, Roma and Napoli would be conceited, when our position in the standings disallowed for it. We needed to get down and dirty before we could return to our positions.”

The 38-year-old then discussed the Old Lady's European campaign, and their continued efforts to win the Champions League.

“Unwittingly, this year we ended up coming closer than the year before. If we'd surpassed Bayern, then the main rival would still have been Barcelona. Against the rest of the teams we'd have played on their level, or even as the favourites. Speaking retrospectively, it would have been a good chance.

“I wouldn't give up on any of my Scudetti in exchange for a Champions League. These are the objectives I fought for. The Champions League is not an obsession for me, it's a beautiful adventure that fills me with enthusiasm every year. They're emotions worth living.

“Retirement? I'll do whatever I find most exciting. I'll have to improve as a person and as a professional, with no hurry, but still in the football world.

“Coaching seems too exhausting from a mental point of view, and I've given enough as it is. We'll see about a director role.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Euro 2016 scary'

http://www.football-italia.net/84442/buffon-euro-2016-scary?

May 17, 2016

Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon admits the terror threat ahead of Euro 2016 is 'scary', whilst discussing Francesco Totti, Paul Pogba and Miralem Pjanic.

At 38, the Bianconeri goalkeeper is still first choice for the Azzurri, although the terrorist shootings in France suggest the tournament will show him a new level of security measures.

“It's certainly scary, and it's right to be cautious,” he told Italia 1. “But we're important social instruments and we can give people dreams. If you want to do that, unfortunately at this moment in history you have to run a few risks. I'm happy to do that if I can give happiness to those who follow football.”

Buffon recently had a meet-and-greet with children in which he apparently said that he wanted Francesco Totti back in the national team.

“People have interpreted certain words I told a child who asked me about his captain. I can confirm that a player with his quality, a phenomenon, won't be seen very often. That's a far cry from saying he'll be called up though.

“Max Allegri and Antonio Conte? Allegri surprised me for how he changed this year, including his impact in the changing room starting from November.

“Our comeback is due to the fact that he reformed his way of handling the changing room.”

The goalkeeper then discussed Inter and Milan, the latter also being Juve's rival in the upcoming Coppa Italia final.

“When you're sixth or seventh you can have no special regrets. The gap is too wide and you understand the problems are of a deeper nature.

“Milan don't worry me personally because Neto will play in my stead. I'll have to be there in support for him and the players.

“Milan proved that they have sufficient qualities to trouble anyone, over a single match. They have a squad of 13-15 men who are between the first and the third-fourth place in terms of ranking. It's an excellent squad that must be respected.

“Pogba? He's an avatar borrowed by our championship. I've very seldom seen a comparable combination of overpowering technique, physicality and personality.

“Pjanic? He's an opponent of tremendous value, one of the greatest talents playing in Italy at the moment.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gianluigi Buffon hails Miralem Pjanic
amid Juventus transfer talk

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2874773/gianluigi-buffon-hails-miralem-pjanic-amid-juventus-transfer-talk

May 17, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has described Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic as "amazing" amid rumours linking the Bianconeri with a move for the Bosnian this summer.

Roma released a statement on Sunday denying a report that Juve had met a €38 million buy-out clause in Pjanic's contract.

However, Juve are expected to try to sign the 26-year-old this summer and Buffon has indicated that he would welcome his arrival.

"He's an amazing rival," Buffon told Mediaset. "He is one of the most talented players we have got in Italy at the moment."

If Pjanic were to move to Turin, he could potentially line up alongside France star Paul Pogba in midfield.

Buffon, 38, said: "I've only seen very few players with such extraordinary technical and physical strength and such a personality as Pogba in my career.

"He's an avatar loaned out to our league."

Buffon, who extended his contract until 2018 last week, hopes to finally win the Champions League with Juve after reaching the final in both 2003 and 2015.

The Bianconeri were eliminated by Bayern Munich in the round of 16 this time around, but Buffon said: "Without realising, we went closer to winning it this year than we did last year.

"If we had beaten Bayern, our main rivals would then have been Barcelona. We would have been on a par with if not favourites to beat the others.

In hindsight, it would have been a huge opportunity. I have two more years to focus on lifting this trophy. It's not an obsession, but a beautiful experience which gives you unique emotions."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

WATCH: Buffon gets TATTOO
of fan's face on his arm

After a superfan named Gio had the 38-year-old goalkeeper's face inked on the back
of his leg, the Juventus and Italy legend decided to return the favour... sort of.

11ty9lk.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/extra-time/2016/05/24/23872792/-?

May 24, 2016

One thing often cited as missing from modern football is a relatable relationship between fan and player. The huge financial gap, intense media training and tweeting pictures of expensive cars after losses. None of that helps.

Gianluigi Buffon is taking a stand though. A permanent one. After discovering one fan made the remarkable decision to get the Juventus and Italy goalkeeper's face tattooed on the back of his leg, Buffon wanted to return the gesture.

Thankfully he did not go for the back of his leg like superfan Gio, but his right arm. With Gio under the impression he was taking part in a documentary about tattooing, just look at his face when Buffon turns up.

https://www.facebook.com/MasterCardUK/videos/1085027104870029/

Of course Buffon's tattoo is not real, because that would be ridiculous. Instead, the moment was part of UEFA Champions League sponsor MasterCard's Priceless Surprises campaign ahead of this weekend's final in Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Euro 2016 feels different'

http://www.football-italia.net/85074/buffon-euro-2016-feels-different

May 28, 2016

Gigi Buffon admits Italy’s build-up to Euro 2016 “feels different, as expectations are low. We want to surprise everyone, including ourselves.”

The goalkeeper and captain spoke at a Press conference ahead of Sunday night’s friendly with Scotland in Malta.

“Tomorrow evening will be the first game that gets us closer to the Euros. It’d be good to get some encouraging responses.

“Even if we are missing some important players, we mustn’t feel sorry for ourselves. In terms of character, we lack nothing.

“The more experienced players know the situation well. I will admit the build-up to this tournament feels different to the others. Expectations around us are low and perhaps that is a correct evaluation.

“We must try to surprise everyone, including ourselves. We have to go beyond our limitations.”

Buffon recently signed a contract extension with Juventus to 2018, so is he still on track to retire aged 40 after playing a record sixth World Cup?

“At my age I try to make short-term plans only, so I’ve learned to take it one month at a time! Anyway, I will have to earn my sixth World Cup call.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Gianluigi Buffon: 'When nobody expects anything,

you can surprise people'

Buffon waxes poetic about World Cups and the upcoming European Championships.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/2/11827112/gianluigi-buffon-juventus-italy-azzurri-euro-2016-world-cup

Jun 2, 2016

Bianconeri goalkeeper and captain Gianluigi Buffon sat down with RAI TV as part of a special kicking off Italy's adventure in the land of cheese, wine and tasty pastries as part of Euro 2016. He discussed his Azzurri career including representing his country and lifting a World Cup trophy.

"We have a big responsibility to represent our country, which is passionate about football and even lives for it."

"We are not having our best moment, but when nobody expects anything that is when you can bring out more than you thought you had and surprise people."

Buffon made his Azzurri debut in 1997 against Russia in a snow storm that would have made the planet Hoth look like Disney Land. He came in, in the 32nd minute, as an injury replacement for Gianluca Pagliuca.

"If there was one game I didn’t want to take part in, it was this one. The conditions were terrible and the tension high, as it was a very important match for qualification to a major tournament.

"What was I thinking? I couldn’t wait for the game to be over!"

But that debut would turn into him lifting the World Cup now 10 years ago.

"The World Cup is the greatest dream a player can have. I don’t have fond memories in a way of that night, as there was so much tension that I didn’t get to really enjoy the sport.

"Obviously the moment of lifting a World Cup is often compared to your wedding day or the birth of a child, but in professional terms nothing can compare to the World Cup."

Nothing like winning the World Cup and return to club football where the team you're playing for is relegated to Serie B.

"It was an opportunity for me and those who stayed to prove that words are backed up by facts too. At that moment it was right to send a small signal that we were doing a good thing and proving how much we felt that sense of belonging."

They also talked about his feeling like a superhero and wearing a Superman shirt underneath his jersey when he played for Parma.

"I felt like a superhero at the time, because I was young! Now I feel like a person who is fully realised. I think the important thing in life is to maintain your balance, being aware of your strengths and weaknesses.

This will be his last European Championship tournament that much he's knows, and at 38 years old, I don't blame him. Italy kicks off its Euro 2016 campaign in France on June 13 at 21:00 CET (3 p.m. ET, 12 p.m. PT) against Belgium.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gigi Buffon, better than ever, must lead

worst Italian side in years at Euros

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/team/italy/162/blog/post/2882767/gianluigi-buffon-better-than-ever-as-underwhelming-italy-head-for-euros

Jun 3, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon had run out of patience. Everybody at Juventus knew the start of the 2015-16 season would be challenging, that growing pains were inevitable after Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Carlos Tevez and Fernando Llorente all moved on. But it was never supposed to be this bad. After 10 games, the Bianconerihad just 12 points and sat in the bottom half of the table.

As the players trudged off the pitch at the end of a 1-0 loss away to Sassuolo, Buffon gave it both barrels. "We need to have a profound examination of conscience," he said. "As captain I cannot permit us to go on playing this way ... We need to start showing some humility otherwise we're going to waste a season making an embarrassment of ourselves. At 38 years old I really don't have any interest in it."

It would be an exaggeration to say that this rant transformed Juventus' season. They required a 92nd-minute Juan Cuadrado goal to beat Torino in the Derby della Mole three days later. But with hindsight, it certainly looks like a turning point. Juventus won 25 of their next 26 games, drawing the remainder and stitching up a fifth consecutive Scudetto by the end of April.

Buffon's leadership was fundamental, and so, too, were his saves. Between Jan. 10 and March 20 he set a new Serie A record for the longest sequence that any keeper has gone without conceding a goal: an astonishing 16 hours and 13 minutes.

The credit was shared with Juventus's defence -- the brilliant BBC of Leonardo Bonucci, Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini -- but Buffon still had plenty to do. He made 33 saves during his unbeaten stretch, albeit none quite so breathtaking as the double stop that he later made to deny Carlos Bacca and Mario Balotelli during a win over Milan in April.

Most players, even goalkeepers, would be showing signs of decline as they approached the end of their fourth decade. Buffon, if anything, seems to be getting better. This season he averaged 3.94 saves per goal conceded in Serie A, the best ratio of any starting keeper across Europe's top five leagues.

How does this happen? If you ask Buffon, as the Italian newspaper La Stampa did in April, then it all comes down to motivation. "Up to 30 years old, I was carried by natural talent, combined with a good level of professionalism," he explained. "But since turning 30, I've gained a desire to sweat in the real sense of the word, to understand where I need to improve. Competitiveness, now, is essential."

Ask his teammates, though, and you might get a more straightforward answer.

Gianluigi Buffon

Gianluigi Buffon's early days as a professional were marked by his overwhelming talent and self-assurance.

"What makes Gigi special is that he's the best goalkeeper in the history of football," Chiellini said. "I've had the good fortune to play with many extraordinary players: [Fabio] Cannavaro, [Pavel] Nedved -- both Ballon d'Or winners -- [Alessandro] Del Piero, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, [David] Trezeguet and plenty of other incredible players. The difference is this: Gigi remains the best ever at his position.

"Maybe [Diego] Maradona was the best ever outfield player, or maybe it was Pele. When you go through those other names that I listed, you can always find someone in the history of football who might have been even better than they were. But you can't find someone better than Buffon."

Of course, some people might disagree with Chiellini's opinion. And, of course, those people will be wrong. You could make a case that others have been better at their peak, and it seems unlikely now that Buffon will ever get to join Lev Yashin as the only goalkeeper ever to have won a Ballon d'Or. But no other player at the position has ever maintained such high standards for so long.

Luigi Apolloni was a starting centre-back for Parma back when the 17-year-old Buffon broke into the first team back in 1995. Even before the keeper's sparkling debut against Milan, when he thwarted George Weah and Roberto Baggio to keep a clean sheet, it was apparent that this was a special talent.

"He was just so certain of himself," Apolloni said. "I remember him arriving, this teenager, to speak to our manager, Nevio Scala. Right away he said: 'Listen, boss, in a normal month I train really well for 29 days. But one day a month you need to accept that I'm not going to be myself, because I'll be having a bad day. And you need not to get angry about that.'

"It was such a funny thing to see this way that he expresses himself. He was making a joke, but it was a joke that told you how confident that he was and because of that how much potential he had."

That cockiness has diminished over time, Buffon undoubtedly a more circumspect individual today than he was back then. He suffered with crippling bouts of depression during the early-2000s, but, as he tells it, eventually turned those into a positive by forcing himself to engage more with the world, going out to art shows and becoming a voracious reader of history.

Gianluigi Buffon

Gianluigi Buffon enters Euro 2016 on the back of a stellar season with Juventus.

What has not changed, though, is his passion for football. Buffon has always been a fan, as well as a player, one who stood and even fought together with the Ultras on the terraces at his local club Carrarese during his teenage years. Apolloni recalls him showing up for preseason training retreats with bundles of fanzines under his arm.

Buffon demonstrated his commitment to Carrarese by purchasing the club in 2010, initially as part of a consortium but subsequently buying out his fellow shareholders. One day, he may go back to standing on those terraces. But for now he still has his own playing career to attend to.

The thought that this might be nearing an end is almost too much to bear. Buffon used to love collecting the shirts of great opponents but nowadays prefers to give such mementos away. "They make me melancholy," he told La Stampa. "They make me think that I have had lots of beautiful adventures that are now coming to an end."

Not just yet, though. As long ago as 2011, Buffon told me during an interview that he hoped to play at the 2018 World Cup. At the time, that sounded wildly ambitious. Now, it appears more likely than not.

In the meantime, he can content himself with this summer's European Championship. Expectations for Italy are just about as low as they have been for any major tournament in Buffon's lifetime, with injuries to Marco Verratti and Claudio Marchisio stripping away what little optimism there was for a squad that already appeared short on quality in key areas.

Is it possible, though, that perceptions have now swung too far in a negative direction. After all, Italy were underwhelming in qualifying, twice beating Malta by a single goal, but they still have not lost a competitive game under Antonio Conte.

Besides, any team that does intend to send the Azzurri spinning out of this tournament is going to have to find a way past Buffon.

"As defenders we always have that hope," Chiellini said. "When the attacker beats us, when we get turned around, when we can see that he's about to stick it in the net and score, there's always that thought: 'Maybe Gigi will save me.'"

Very often, he does.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gianluigi Buffon, GK, Juventus and

Italy: #EuroRank: No. 18

Welcome to #Euro2016Rank, a weeklong look at the top 25 players we expect to see at the European Championship. Over 50 ESPN FC experts and writers from across the globe voted, and we're rolling out the results right up to opening day, when France plays Romania on June 10.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/european-championship/story/2875487/italys-gianluigi-buffon-18th-in-euro-2016-rank

Jun 7, 2016

Why is Gianluigi Buffon in the top 25?

Buffon is 38 but seems to have been around for much longer than that, as a symbol of club Juventus and the Italian national team since the beginning of the millennium. At £33 million, signed from Parma in 2001, he is still the world's most expensive goalkeeper. Were it not for breaking his hand on the eve of Euro 2000, this would be his fifth European Championship finals. He was the best performing goalkeeper as Italy reached the final of the most recent Euros, reprising the commanding form that helped his country to the 2006 World Cup. Captain of his country since 2008, he has confirmed plans to go on until the 2018 World Cup.

What the experts say:

"I give my compliments to Buffon. Now he can be considered my heir. I believe that we have been two great goalkeepers." -- former Juventus and Italy goalkeeper and captain Dino Zoff, November 2011.

"He was a role model for me. It is great that he is still around and that I have been able to play against him." -- Manuel Neuer, February 2016.

Career highlight:

He did not actually save a penalty in the shootout of the 2006 World Cup final, with France's David Trezeguet driving his attempt against the crossbar. Yet it was just reward for a tournament in which he had been truly outstanding.

soc_g_buffon01jr_1296x729.jpg&w=738&site
Gianluigi Buffon has won 156 caps for Italy.

Stat of the season:

In March, Buffon broke a Serie A record by going 974 minutes without conceding a goal, surpassing previous holder Zoff.

What next for Buffon after Euro 2016?

His ambition is to further emulate Zoff by playing on until he is past 40, and in the meantime keep picking up titles with Juventus, with whom he collected his fifth consecutive Serie A in May.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy overturn expectations'

http://www.football-italia.net/85563/buffon-italy-overturn-expectations

Jun 8, 2016

Gigi Buffon admits Italy are “not among the favourites for Euro 2016, but we want to overturn those predictions.”

The Azzurri set off today for Montpellier, their training camp during the tournament, which opens on Monday evening against Belgium.

“We are not among the favourites,” captain Buffon told reporters.

“The starting grid has us off the front row, but we want to overturn those predictions. If anything, that situation has made us feel more strongly about this tournament than previous Euros I've been at.

“I don’t know if it’s scepticism around the team, but probably a correct analysis of our strength. However, we will try to prove that this analysis is incorrect.”

Italy are in Group E with Belgium, Sweden and the Republic of Ireland.

Although the Nazionale won four World Cups, they have only ever lifted the European Championship trophy once, back in 1968.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Italy’s strength is the group’

http://www.football-italia.net/85621/buffon-‘italy’s-strength-group’

Jun 9, 2016

Gigi Buffon assures “Italy’s strength has always been our group” ahead of the European Championships.

The Azzurri are without key men such as Marco Verratti and Claudio Marchisio, and it has been suggested they could endure a disappointing time in France.

“This national team is a good group with great technical staff,” Buffon reassured Undici.

“We haven’t been particularly lucky with the injuries to Verratti and Marchisio, but Italy’s strength has always been our group.

“Whoever replaces Marco or Claudio will do it to the best of their ability and with the utmost commitment.

“There’s no hangover from the 2014 World Cup, if anything that’s given us even more experience to draw on.”

The legendary goalkeeper was also asked about his club side, having captained Juventus to yet another Scudetto.

“Being captain of Juventus means representing a style, an atmosphere, a group. I can only be happy to be an important figure in this team.

“I’m even more happy that the fans of Juventus are proud for me to represent them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Iker Casillas: I will retire when

Gianluigi Buffon does the same

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/spain/story/2891337/iker-casillas

-i-will-retire-when-gianluigi-buffon-does-the-same

Jun 12, 2016

Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas says he will not retire until Italy counterpart Gianluigi Buffon hangs up his gloves.

Buffon, 38, signed a new contract with Juventus in May which will keep him at the Serie A club for another two years, meaning he is on course to still be playing in Turin beyond his 40th birthday.

Meanwhile, Casillas, three years younger than Buffon, has an option to extend his contract with Porto to 2018.

"When Buffon retires, I will too," Casillas told Gazzetta dello Sport. "He just signed a new deal and that makes me happy because that means I will too.

"When we call it quits we'll set up a nice match between my friends and his friends."

Casillas and Spain kick off their Euro 2016 campaign against Czech Republic on Monday, with the keeper hoping to make the starting lineup ahead of David De Gea.

The Porto man believes Spain face a tough task in trying to defend the title they won in both 2008 and 2012, with a number of sides capable of going all the way this year.

"It will be more difficult than four years ago," he said. "France are good, Belgium are strong and then Germany are world champions. Italy and Portugal are always dangerous."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'My final Euros'

http://www.football-italia.net/85758/buffon-my-final-euros

Jun 12, 2016

Gigi Buffon is well aware this is his final European Championship and has the experience to enjoy it. “We can prove ourselves.”

Italy open their tournament in Lyon on Monday evening against Belgium at 21.00 CET - 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“Are Italy weaker than usual? A few representative players had to miss out due to injury. As I am quite experienced, perhaps people put me forward as a more representative figure in this squad,” said the captain in a Press conference.

“We need the players who have a lot of experience and superior quality to break through the tension and those who are putting their heads in a major tournament for the first time to have that pinch of healthy madness.”

How does Buffon feel being the underdog in a major tournament?

“There are times when you are the hammer and others the anvil. Right now we are second, but that doesn’t mean we feel like sacrificial lambs.

“The real value will be expressed on the pitch and we must cling to that good fortune of being able to prove ourselves in a match situation.

“In a short tournament above all, the best team doesn’t necessarily win, it’s who does better at that moment. We’ve seen some pretty obvious examples of that at the Euros, from Denmark to Greece. We will do everything we can to be good enough.”

Is Thibaut Courtois at age 24 better or worse than Buffon was at that point?

“It’s not nice to make comparisons, especially as I was 24 so long ago that I can’t even remember! I am sure that I had and am continuing to have an important career. Now I am 38, I’m as happy as I was when I was 24 and in fact even more aware of it than I was then and mentally much stronger.

“As for Courtois, I can only say that at this moment he is a reference point for those who want to become a goalkeeper, as he is an exceptional talent.

“It is my final European Championships, but I don’t feel nostalgia or inhibition, but rather a lot of enthusiasm. At this age I know what it means to take part and to have the honour of wearing the shirt of my country.

“Whatever our journey will be in this competition, I want there to be no regrets. In some events we returned home without knowing why or if we had truly given our all. In this case I believe we are truly giving heart and soul for our nation and our Coach.”

Eden Hazard said he would love to play alongside Buffon one day and appreciates him the most.

“It might be difficult to play together, but his comment makes me very proud! He is one of the few players in Europe who can really make the difference, as he has this innate and explosive talent. At Belgium and Chelsea, he is considered the Number One danger man. With a single move, he can win you the game.”

Fan violence continued today between Germany and Ukraine supporters in Lille.

“It is something deplorable that stains a tournament that ought to be about joy and festivities, especially as for everyone’s security in Europe it has been a difficult build-up,” continued Buffon.

“I find it strange and very serious that people don’t feel the sense of civic pride to enjoy football with their fellow fans and enjoy the liberty of being able to cheer on a team in peace.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Unique Azzurri unity'

http://www.football-italia.net/85808/buffon-unique-azzurri-unity

Jun 13, 2016

Gigi Buffon said Italy have “the kind of unity you can rarely see in any other team” after beating fancied Belgium 2-0.

“I am happy because we won the only way we could win, which is a sign of our awareness, confidence and humility. The lads showed intelligence in how to approach the game against a side that was on paper stronger,” he told Rai Sport and Sky Sport Italia.

“We showed great organisation, heart and the kind of unity you can rarely see in any other team. The 12 lads on the bench were decisive and the 12th man for us tonight.

“I am convinced that the people back home in Italy were proud watching this side play. Of course, now we have to play like this every time, otherwise this victory will be for nothing.

“In these competitions those who are lucky enough to have a little more experience must try to put it at the disposal of the group and the younger lads to share out the responsibility. It’s not right for some to shoulder too much.

“I said that I wanted the experienced players to give 100 per cent and the youngsters to play with that pinch of healthy madness, as that is the way to get the best out of everyone.

“We had other ingredients this evening, such as the very clear organisation, determination and confidence, because when you believe in what you’re doing, luck can also go your way.

“We need to remain humble, as in my view we don’t have broad enough shoulders to carry too much responsibility and from tomorrow we’ve got to get our feet back on the ground to prepare for Sweden in the same way.”

After the final whistle Buffon attempted to swing off the crossbar in celebration, but slipped and fell heavily on to his back.

“That was my pinch of healthy madness, which at my age is still necessary!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Neuer: 'Never wrote off Italy'

http://www.football-italia.net/85861/neuer-never-wrote-italy

Jun 15, 2016

Germany's Manuel Neuer says he 'never wrote off Italy', and admires Gianluigi Buffon.

The Mannschaft's goalkeeper saw the Azzurri's game against Belgium, but he still hasn't seen the post-match video that has been going viral.

In the clip, Buffon is seen leaping to hang on to the crossbar as he celebrates, only to slip off it and crash to the ground.

“I don't know if at his age I'll be able to pull off something like that,” he laughed, in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I missed that bit, but they told me it was funny.

“Gigi knows what he can afford to do with his body, and when he should be careful. I do other thins, like riding a mountain bike or a scooter, but always with great care. You can't give up on everything.

“Yes, I still have a special insurance, not just for my hands but for my whole body. Though of course the hands are special.

“Buffon is still top-level. He has such presence on the pitch and he drives the team forward, you can tell that everyone listened to him. He's a guide for the youngsters.”

Neuer was asked whether Germany are now worried about facing Italy from Group E, and not just Belgium.

“I never wrote off the Azzurri from my predictions, even after we beat them in Munich [4-1]. I heard that a lot of people were critical, but they are a tournament team and we all saw how compact they were tactically and how well they defend. Even after the 1-0, they were always dangerous.

“I'm not surprised by their victory. I like how they arrange the defence, with Juve's three and [Daniele] De Rossi in front of them, and the way they fall back with five players. I also appreciate the way they all move together, their team movements are well interpreted.”

The 30-year-old's last question on Italy was whether he knew all of the players.

“I recognised them when I saw their faces, though naming them all would be difficult. Many of them have been in the national team for years.

“Of course I know Emanuele Giaccherini. I saw him in Munich too. But you don't forget about him, he's very showy during a game.

“I think on Monday he must have really bust a lung for how much he ran.

“Italy and Germany could meet in the quarter-final, but thank God it's not going to be a semi-final. Anyway, let's think about winning the group first. Now we've got Poland and it's going to be decisive.”

Finally, the goalkeeper was asked whether he'd spoken with his next Coach Carlo Ancelotti, and whether he intended to play until he was 50.

"I still haven't read Ancelotti's book. They say he's knowledgeable, calm, and that he knows how to handle class players. I look forward to meeting him and beginning to work with him after the Euros.

"As for playing until 50, Gigi has to do that first. Then he can tell me how it's done, I'll see what it did to him and I'll have a thought."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy defenders unique'

Buffon-Ita-bar490epa.jpg

hhttp://www.football-italia.net/85996/buffon-italy-defenders-unique

Jun 17, 2016

Gigi Buffon thanked “truly unique” Italy defenders after the 1-0 win over Sweden, “but perhaps a draw would’ve been the fair result.”

Eder curled in a late winner from the edge of the box in Toulouse, but the Swedes didn’t have a single shot on target.

“I want to compliment the team and particularly our defenders. They are truly unique, I will never stop thanking them, as again today they avoided many problems for me,” the captain told Sky Sport Italia.

“It was a difficult match, but when you believe to the end, you are able to win games, maybe even without necessarily deserving to.

“Today perhaps a draw would’ve been the fair result.”

Italy won both their games with clean sheets and have already qualified for the Round of 16 at Euro 2016.

“It is wonderful to be in the next round, seeing as that hasn’t happened to us a lot lately!” joked Buffon.

“Now we can work in peace for about 10 days and we deserved this qualification. We’ve got to keep our feet on the ground, as our humility is what allowed us to get this far.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130805 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Candreva and Buffon skip training

http://www.football-italia.net/86025/candreva-and-buffon-skip-training

Jun 18, 2016

Italy resumed training this morning, though Antonio Candreva and Gigi Buffon were rested, while big changes are planned for Ireland.

The Azzurri secured qualification into the Round of 16 with yesterday’s 1-0 win over Sweden.

Antonio Conte divided the squad into two groups for this morning’s training session at the Montpellier base.

Candreva did not take part due to a right thigh issue, while Buffon started out with the team and then moved to the gym, reportedly because his cold has flared up again.

Medics confirmed Candreva has a right adductor problem and is being monitored on a daily basis.

Emanuele Giaccherini also interrupted the session early.

Conte is expected to make numerous changes for Italy’s final Group E game against the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

As Buffon is not feeling well and picked up a yellow card against Sweden, the captain could well be rested in favour of Salvatore Sirigu.

Italy made only one change from the starting XI that beat Belgium 2-0, as Alessandro Florenzi stepped in for Matteo Darmian.

Without the pressure of needing a result to qualify, the Nazionale could use a more attacking formation with Stephan El Shaarawy, Ciro Immobile and Simone Zaza.

Florenzi could also be moved over to his more traditional role on the right side of midfield.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti