Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Euro 2016: Italy wins Group E

The Azzurri will face the Group D runners-up in the quarterfinal round.

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/6/18/11968896/

euro-2016-italy-wins-Group-E-quarterfinal-draw-final-results

Jun 18, 2016

Italy secured the top spot in Group E by virtue of Belgium's 3-0 win over Ireland on Saturday.

It's the first time since 2000 the Azzurri have won their group at the European Championship. In that year's tournament, they had the same group mates as this year's tournament and collected a full nine points. They defeated Romania and Netherlands in the knockout stage before falling to France, 2-1, in the final.

The Azzurri, with a full six points, enter the knockout stage with a tiebreaker over Belgium, who they defeated 2-0 in their tournament opener. They also defeated Sweden, 1-0, on Friday. Emanuele Giaccherini and Graziano Pelle both scored against the Red Devils, while Eder tallied the lone goal against Sweden.

They'll play their final game of the group stage against Ireland on Wednesday before facing the Group D runners-up in the quarterfinal round June 27 at Stade de France.

The two-time defending champions Spain currently lead Group D with a full six points after a 1-0 win over the Czech Republic and 3-0 victory against Turkey. They'll play second-place Croatia on Tuesday. Croatia beat Turkey, 1-0, but drew level with the Czechs, 2-2, to take four points entering their matchup against Spain.

The Azzurri won their last quarterfinal match in 2012 at the Euros with a 4-2 victory in penalty kicks over England.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

BUFFON: CONTE WILL BE EXCELLENT AT CHELSEA

The Italy shot-stopper, who also worked with the coach at Juventus, believes that the

Premier League club have appointed a star and has backed him to shine at Stamford Bridge.

hhttp://www.goal.com/euro2016/en/article/buffon-conte-

will-be-excellent-at-chelsea/1lp815p4t3pnc1gs5ql6e58p55?

Jun 19, 2016

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon believes that Antonio Conte will be "excellent" for Chelsea when the national team coach takes over after Euro 2016. 

Buffon, who credits Conte's methods for Italy claiming back-to-back wins from their first two Euro 2016 games, worked with the Italian at Juventus until 2014, where the incoming Chelsea boss won three successive Serie A titles. 

And the Juventus and Italy legend believes that the Blues have managed to appoint a fantastic coach to lead them into the 2016-17 season.

"Conte is a big coach and I'm convinced he will be an excellent one at Chelsea. A Conte team is strong in defence and works constantly, day to day. Conte is a coach with a very simple idea," Buffon said.

"For the players he makes it very clear. He wants to play without risk in the defensive line and to exploit the opportunities to score goals when they come.

"This appears easy but he always wants more. So to go where we want we need to do whatever the coach asks of us.

As well as a strong will to win, Buffon suggested that Conte is an effective man manager, remaining close to his players and helpful in the dressing room. 

"He is a strong character but in his personal dealings with players he is close to them, that's important for any dressing room. He always has a lot of dialogue with his players and I don't think there'll be problems."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

De Gea: 'Buffon a living legend'

http://www.football-italia.net/86371/de-gea-buffon-living-legend

Jun25 2016

Spain goalkeeper David De Gea dubbed Gigi Buffon “a living legend” and feels they can make history again at Euro 2016.

Italy face Spain in the Round of 16 on Monday at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

“We are all friends and that really helps when you’ve got such a strong squad,” De Gea told UEFA and As.

“I see a very united group. I think we can make history, as we’ve got some really good players. I am trying to make the most of this tournament.”

The Manchester United goalkeeper will be up against 38-year-old Gigi Buffon.

“I have been following him for a long time. He is a living legend.”

Confidence needs to be boosted following a 2-1 defeat to Croatia.

“We started well, but two or three details made us lose the game. We have been working on correcting those issues and being self-critical helps you to improve.”

Italy and Spain famously clashed in the Euro 2012 Final, a 4-0 victory for La Roja.

“It was the perfect performance from Spain and a 4-0 win was absolutely perfect. I watched that game from home with my family.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'My advice to Morata'

http://www.football-italia.net/86422/buffon-my-advice-morata

Jun 26, 2016

Gigi Buffon reveals the advice he gave Alvaro Morata to turn his Juventus career around as Italy prepare to face Spain.

The Round of 16 kicks off on Monday at 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT) at the Stade de France in Paris.

Naturally, questions during the Press conference were about his Juventus teammate Morata.

“Alvaro is still a young guy and at times even he doesn’t realise how good he is. He has one quality that only great players have, which is that in big games he is always a protagonist and often scores a goal. He’s proving that again in this competition.

“Of course Spain are not just Morata, but he is their main striker and considering his form is the Number One danger.”

Morata had some difficulties, as did all of Juve, early this term and Buffon’s almost parental advice proved helpful.

“I remember at the start of the season and, like all lads when they are not going through a positive moment, they tend to get depressed, find little alibis and feel sorry for themselves.

“I told him that when he stopped feeling sorry for himself, he’d get back to making the difference. That proved to be the case. He is intelligent, he listens to advice and puts himself up for the challenge.

“The way he ended the season and what he’s doing in the Euros confirms all of that.”

Buffon is 38 years old, but wants to carry on until he appears in the 2018 World Cup.

“The decision is not made by a player, but by the performances on the field and the decisions of the Coach. My intention is to play on for another two years and hope to do so at my current level. If the next Italy CT sees it the same way, then we can go forward together.

“In this role, in this sport, there is no guarantee you’ll be first choice. You have to keep earning it, because the moment you make a mistake, someone is ready to take your place.

“I think the joy of sport at the age of 38 is to live and experience these games as if they were the most important thing in your life. I still feel the emotion and even psychosomatic fever after games...”

Which goalkeepers most impressed Buffon at Euro 2016?

“Manuel Neuer is doing very well, yesterday I was very impressed by the Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski, while other shot-stoppers performed well despite their team not progressing in the tournament.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy make Spain suffer'

http://www.football-italia.net/86424/buffon-italy-make-spain-suffer

Jun 26, 2016

Gigi Buffon points out Italy “are the only side that truly made Spain suffer when they were the best team in the world.”

The two sides meet again in the Euro 2016 Round of 16 on Monday at 18.00 CET, 17.00 UK time (16.00 GMT).

It was pointed out to the goalkeeper that Italy haven’t beaten Spain in an official game since the 1994 World Cup Final, including the 4-0 defeat in the Euro 2012 Final.

“In the last four competitive games the only clear defeat was in the Euro 2012 Final, also in my view because we were physically and emotionally wrecked at that point and Spain outclassed us,” said Buffon at a Press conference.

“In the other three, they were draws, including in extra time, so it proves we caused the best team in the world at that stage some problems and made our presence felt.

“During that period Spain won everything possible and I am convinced the only side that truly made them suffer in that time was Italy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy vastly underrated'

http://www.football-italia.net/86476/buffon-italy-vastly-underrated

Jun 27, 2016

Gigi Buffon warns it will be very tough in the quarter-final against Germany, but Italy “were vastly underrated” with Spain.

The Azzurri swept through 2-0 against La Furia Roja with goals from Giorgio Chiellini and Graziano Pellè.

“We put in a good performance, but after the first half the 1-0 result was frankly less than we deserved,” the goalkeeper told Sky Sport Italia.

“We knew that the inertia of the game could change after the break. That proved to be the case, but we didn’t just focus on defending. In fact, we had several chances to double our lead before Pellè’s goal.

“After many years of defeats to Spain, we made up for it. OK, it was only a Round of 16 tie, but it’s better than nothing!”

Italy will face Germany in the quarter-final on Saturday July 2 in Bordeaux.

“There is a long and tortuous road ahead of us and very difficult teams on our path. We cannot yet say that it is a great Euros for Italy, as we’re only in the quarter-finals.

“Having said that, I will not forget that many thought very little of us before the tournament began. We have proved that we were vastly underrated and I am proud of that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

'Buffon and Neuer are the best'

http://www.football-italia.net/86563/buffon-and-neuer-are-best

Jun 29, 2016

Germany goalkeeping coach Andreas Köpke trusts Gigi Buffon and Manuel Neuer “are the two best goalkeepers” at Euro 2016.

The pair face off on Saturday’s quarter-final in Bordeaux.

“We have already played against the Italians so there shouldn’t be many surprises. The teams know each other very well,” said Köpke in a Press conference.

“They are both top goalkeepers, the two best at the tournament. They command their defence and are two important figures both on and off the pitch for their teams.

“I have to take my hat off to Gigi Buffon for the calmness he gives off and how important he is to his team. Manuel Neuer interprets the game differently, so it is hard to compare the two. I don’t really believe in ranking players.

“Manuel always wants to improve his game. There are always small things that you can improve. He is very self-critical at the end of a match.”

If this fixture goes to extra time and even penalties, then the goalkeepers will be key figures.

“We will be fully prepared in case of a possible penalty shootout. We have information on the players who could take penalties for them. However, we haven’t had a shootout since 2006 and would be happy if it continues to not be necessary.”

Germany have never beaten Italy in a major tournament, crashing out to the Azzurri in the 2006 World Cup and Euro 2012.

“We definitely have a score to settle. We have enough players here who were there at Euro 2012, so we know what to expect and what is possible. We will have to be at our best, but we will be ready to rewrite history.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Neuer? I'm 38...'

Buffon-Conte-press490epa.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/86672/buffon-neuer-im-38

Jul 1, 2016

Gigi Buffon shrugged off comparisons to Manuel Neuer and said Italy “want to be even more convincing” against Germany.

The Euro 2016 quarter-final kicks off in Bordeaux on Saturday at 21.00 CET, 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“I said that Neuer is better than me, because at the end of the day it could well be true,” said Buffon in a Press conference.

“That isn’t something that diminishes my own career or damages me in any way. I think I know full well what I was, what I am now and what I’ll be over the next two years. I’m very relaxed.

“It would be offensive I think to compare Neuer to a 38-year-old goalkeeper. It seems only normal to say he is proving that he’s an excellent goalkeeper in every sense.”

Italy have been among the surprise packages of Euro 2016 so far, beating Belgium and Spain convincingly.

“So far we’ve been good, now we want to be even more convincing. We’ll need to improve even more if we are to get the chance to go forward and continue dreaming.

“Seeing the team we’re facing, we all know it will be tough, so strain, sweat and physical and emotional stress will be to the point of exasperation. We know all that and that’s already a good way to prepare for this game.”

Some of the German players are familiar to Italy, particularly Fiorentina-owned Mario Gomez and Juventus midfielder Sami Khedira.

“The fact we know Gomes is helpful, just as it was when preparing to face Zlatan Ibrahimovic for Sweden or Alvaro Morata for Spain.

“However, there are so many variables at play that it can’t mean that much. At times, knowledge isn’t enough to peg back talent or creativity.”

Buffon was in goal when Italy beat Germany at the 2006 World Cup, Euro 2012 and now Euro 2016.

“They are three different experiences. In 2006 there was more anxiety, as it was a World Cup semi-final against the hosts. We also had more sense of responsibility to make Italian immigrants in Germany proud, so that made it very tense.

“In 2012 we started out as underdogs and knew we needed something special to earn the Final. There are certainly plenty of analogies with the current Euros, although on paper the gap between us has grown, as they have since become World Champions.

“When you reach the midway stage of a tournament like this, having beaten Belgium, Sweden and Spain, the belief certainly grows and we can’t lose sight of that.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Klose: 'Neuer better than Buffon'

http://www.football-italia.net/86677/klose-neuer-better-buffon

Jul 1, 2016

Ex-Lazio striker Miroslav Klose feels Germany can win Euro 2016 if they get past Italy and Manuel Neuer “is better than Gigi Buffon.”

The quarter-final kicks off on Saturday at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“I’ve been watching all of Italy and Germany’s games at the tournament,” Klose told RP-online.de.

“I’m really looking forward to tomorrow night and I’m happy to be watching it as a spectator. I was fortunate enough to experience certain games as a protagonists, but now I can view them with a different perspective.

“When I took the decision to retire from international duty, I was well aware of what I was doing. Besides, it’s not as if they are doing badly without me!”

Klose was asked whether Buffon or Neuer was the best goalkeeper in the world.

“Gigi is fascinating and can continue his career even longer, but I don’t think he’s better than Manuel. Neuer has everything, he’s the best in the world. Gigi is number two.”

Klose confirmed he has been in contact with players in both camps.

“They are all very concentrated and there’s a great deal of respect on both sides. I think the fear Germany have of Italy can turn into motivation. The Azzurri have many qualities.

“I don’t know who the favourites could be, but I’m very excited. So far both teams have impressed me in the Euros and I haven’t seen a stronger side than Italy and Germany.

“If we were to beat the Azzurri, we’d have a really good chance of lifting the trophy. France as a possible semi-finalist certainly aren’t easy, even if so far they’ve shown weakness in defence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy are no fluke'

http://www.football-italia.net/86686/buffon-italy-are-no-fluke

Jul 2, 2016

Gigi Buffon said Italy must “confirm these results and performances were not flukes” by beating Germany.

The Euro 2016 quarter-final kicks off in Bordeaux this evening at 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT).

“Now we have to confirm these results and performances were not flukes. Now we have the most difficult test of all and hope to be up to the task,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

Does this current Azzurri side remind Buffon more of the 2006 World Cup side or Euro 2012?

“I see it closer to Euro 2012, as in 2006 there was a lot of tension as we were in Dortmund, but the team had many experienced figures and with a certain football history.

“This current Nazionale has many young lads who are achieving something extraordinary and playing beyond expectations.

“At the same time, Germany have won the World Cup and gained a certain confidence they did not have before, while continuing to churn out talents.”

What needs to happen for us to see Buffon swinging from the crossbar again this evening?

“Something unplanned has to happen, something very difficult, but we are very fortunate that the game starts from 0-0. That is the first positive sign!”

Germany (probable): Neuer; Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Hector; Kroos, Khedira; Müller, Özil, Draxler; Gomez

Italy (probable): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Florenzi, Parolo, Sturaro, Giaccherini, De Sciglio; Eder, Pellè

Ref: Kassai (HUN)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'It was almost enough'

Buffon-Ita-red-damn490epa.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/86726/buffon-it-was-almost-enough

Jul 2, 2016

Gigi Buffon was in floods of tears, as Italy “did the most we could and it was almost enough” against Germany at Euro 2016.

The tie went to extra time and a sudden death penalty shoot-out in Bordeaux.

“We did the most that we could do and it was almost enough, which means that when you are a team with values, organisation, tactics, then nothing becomes impossible,” the sobbing captain told Rai Sport.

“Conte complimented us, as he was proud of training a group of players and of men like us, who to the very end gave their last drop of sweat. We gave our soul to follow this dream.

“We each have our reasons to cry. We gave so much and came so close. It’s crazy to think that Germany failed to convert three penalties and it still wasn’t enough.

“I can’t say we’ve had worse. This defeat was incredibly shocking to us. We go forward, as there are other duties and other responsibilities.

“The problem two years ago was we went out with so many regrets, the feeling we made mistakes and didn’t do all we could.

“Tonight we really did try and it wasn’t enough. We have to take this home.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy feared and respected'

http://www.football-italia.net/86749/buffon-italy-feared-and-respected

Jul 3, 2016

Italy captain Gigi Buffon feels the Euro 2016 squad “left a treasure that mustn’t be wasted, as people fear and respect us.”

The Azzurri were coming off a disastrous 2014 World Cup campaign and went into this tournament with numerous injury problems, yet went out in the quarter-finals to Germany only after a sudden death penalty shoot-out.

“We reached the Euros looking like a chaotic bunch of minnows, but we return home as a solid side that people fear and respect,” Buffon told Rai Sport this morning.

“What we leave behind is an enormous treasure and it mustn’t be wasted. We’ve proved that with the culture of hard work and sacrifice we can climb mountains – and we did.

“That is an important inheritance for the future.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus and Italy Captain Gigi Buffon

Reaffirms His Greatness at Euro 2016

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2649977-juventus-and-italy

-captain-gigi-buffon-reaffirms-his-greatness-at-euro-2016?

Jul 4, 2016

Having gone into the tournament with extremely low expectations, Italy surprised everyone at UEFA Euro 2016, recording a comprehensive victory over a heavily fancied Belgium in the group stage before eliminating holders Spain in the last 16.

They would eventually be defeated by Germany in the quarter-finals, beaten via a penalty shootout after the game ended in a hard-fought 1-1 stalemate in which neither side could find a vital second goal. Yet perhaps more than any other player, Gigi Buffon did not deserve to end up on the losing side in Bordeaux.

As he has done so many times throughout his stellar career, theJuventus and Italy captain reaffirmed his greatness in France this summer, turning in a string of superb performances that showed just why he is so important to club and country.

The Azzurri began in impressive fashion thanks to that aforementioned win over Belgium, but they needed their goalkeeper to ensure the result went in their favour. Even before Emanuele Giaccherini had opened the scoring, Buffon had been called upon to deny RadjaNainggolan, turning his fierce effort around the post after just 10 minutes.

According to statistics taken from ESPN FC, the 38-year-old would make two more stops, helping his side to keep their first clean sheet as they emerged 2-0 victors on the night.

Sweden and Zlatan Ibrahimovic were up next, but the team neutralised the new Manchester United striker and ensured another shutout and a 1-0 win.

hi-res-69b6022a2e321c667e1e3ce12a41a371_

PASCAL PAVANI/Getty Images

With top spot in Group E assured, Buffon would sit out the defeat to the Republic of Ireland, but he returned to shine once more against Spain. Italy had suffered a heavy run of negative results against LaFuria Roja, with their last tournament victory over them coming way back at the 1994 World Cup in the United States.

They would end that taboo in some style, however, goals from GiorgioChiellini and Graziano Pelle securing a 2-0 scoreline that failed to reveal just how thoroughly the Azzurri outplayed their opponents.

Yet despite his team largely dominating, Buffon was again crucial. Denying a header from former Juventus team-mate Alvaro Moratashortly after half-time, he would then perform an excellent save to keep out Andres Iniesta as Spain slowly began to fight back, the two men sharing a smile in recognition of the other’s effort.

“We deserved to finish it earlier, and we suffered in the last 15 minutes,” said Chiellini after the game, per CNN.com, going on to praise the legendary Italian goalkeeper. “There was a saint behind us,” the burly defender continued, “and he stopped everything.”

He did, indeed, with ESPN FC figures showing he made five saves—including the stunning late stop to prevent Gerard Pique from grabbing a goal—to keep Vicente del Bosque’s side scoreless and secure Italy’s path to the next round.

proxy.jpg?t=HBiQAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Mira a este señor. Increíble Buffon.

It was there that their previous advantages were negated in a game that became a tactical stalemate, but the Azzurri No. 1 was again responsible for keeping his side in a match they otherwise could have lost.

He played down comparisons to his Germany counterpart at a pre-match press conference, telling reporters that “it would be offensive I think to compare [Manuel] Neuer to a 38-year-old goalkeeper,” only to defy his own age once the game got underway.

A save from Thomas Muller ensured the match stayed scoreless untilMezut Ozil netted in the 65th minute, only for Buffon to rebound with a sensational fingertip effort to deny Mario Gomez—and a Chiellinideflection—just moments later.

Özil does things that playmakers can only dream of. When he's in the mood he's sensational. We're privileged to watch him play

That ball from Özil to Gomez. Sensational

proxy.jpg?t=HBilAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Extra time came and went. In the penalty shootout, Buffon managed to block Muller, making him the first German player to miss from the spot since 1982, but he could not stop keep out Jonas Hector’s effort despite going the right way.

Italy would lose 6-5 after a staggering 18 penalties, with Buffon in tears as he applauded the Azzurri supporters before Sami Khedira andNeuer offered their condolences, the latter telling the UEFA website he had “never experienced a shootout like this.”

v-sREHRi0PyTQbsU.jpg

I really can't deal with Buffon in tears.

“To see Gigi crying made me feel very bad sitting in front of the television,” Paul Pogba told reporters after helping France set up a semi-final clash with Germany, per FourFourTwo. “He is a great goalkeeper, he gave his best and so did the team. They produced a very good game, but this is football.”

Meanwhile, speaking to Rai Sport on Sunday (h/t Football Italia),Buffon insisted Italy should be proud of what they had accomplished at the tournament, believing it would help them as they move on to prepare for the 2018 FIFA World Cup:

We reached the Euros looking like a chaotic bunch of minnows, but we return home as a solid side that people fear and respect. What we leave behind is an enormous treasure and it mustn’t be wasted. We’veproved that with the culture of hard work and sacrifice we can climb mountains – and we did.

That is an important inheritance for the future.

It certainly seems that is true, and incoming Italy boss GiampieroVentura will now have a strong foundation on which to build, but the veteran coach will also be thankful that Buffon has not called time on his international career.

This summer, just like the 2015/16 campaign, proved that the Juventuscaptain still has much to offer and he continues to be a vital part of his team’s success. The sloppy goal Italy conceded to the Republic of Ireland—when Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu stood in for Buffon—shows just how much he is missed.

proxy.jpg?t=HBiQAWh0dHBzOi8vdi5jZG4udmlu

Robbie Brady goal vs. Italy #EURO2016 Ireland 1-0 Italy

Despite his advancing years and having already won countless trophies, Buffon remains both hungry for success and a true hero forJuventus and Italy, with neither ready to contemplate life without him any time soon.

Thankfully nor is the man himself. “Personally, I'm fine,” Buffon said after the Azzurri were eliminated, per Fox Soccer’s Ryan Rosenblatt. “I still get fired up by these games and I feel that I've still got something to give to this squad.”

An opportunity to become the first player to feature in six World Cups would appear to be spurring him on, just as a desire to taste the ultimate glory of a UEFA Champions League win does with theBianconeri.

1 - G. Buffon has not conceded goals for 973 minutes, a new record in the Serie A history. Goalkeeper. #OptaBest11

Last term he set a string of records, becoming the first player to keep 10 consecutive clean sheets in Serie A and managing a final tally of 21 in the league alone, with Juve boss Massimiliano Allegri clear in his opinion of his captain.

“It's one thing seeing him only in one game when you are his opponent, but it's another when you see him training every day,” the coach told Sky Sport Italia in November last year (h/t ESPN FC). “I believe he's the best goalkeeper in history.”

After his performances for Italy this summer, few would argue with that assessment as Buffon once again showed why he deserves such plaudits.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Pogba: ‘Sorry for Buffon’

http://www.football-italia.net/86794/pogba-‘sorry-buffon’

Jul 4, 2016

Paul Pogba feels sorry for his Juventus teammate Gigi Buffon after Italy were knocked out of Euro 2016 - “to see Gigi crying made me feel very bad”.

The midfielder scored in France’s win over Iceland last night to advance to the Semi-Finals, but the Azzurri were beaten on penalties by Germany 24 hours previously.

“I am very happy to be in the semi-final, I cannot moan. I am very happy about this,” Pogba told reporters after last night’s match.

“A semi-final is a semi-final, Italy and Germany are equally tough. Either way, we want to continue so we want to win and both are great sides.

“To see Gigi crying made me feel very bad sitting in front of the television.

"He is a great goalkeeper, he gave his best and so did the team. They produced a very good game, but this is football.

“They have had a fantastic Euros, nobody expected such a great Italian team. I'm not happy with what happened for them.

“I play with them, so I’m proud when they play well.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘You can always improve’

http://www.football-italia.net/86844/buffon-‘you-can-always-improve’

Jul 5, 2016

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon notes “there’s always something to improve” and has no Ballon d’Or regrets.

The Azzurri captain has won 161 caps for his country, as well as representing the Bianconeri almost 600 times in all competitions.

“Has this been my best season?” Buffon considered in an interview with Rivista Undici.

“I’ve always been very self-critical. It’s undeniable that I had a very good season, full of satisfaction, which will be remembered for a number of records I managed to break along with my teammates: the undefeated record, the streak without conceding, the fifth Scudetto.

“In short I’d say we did something good, all of us together.

“Getting older I’ve improved above all in training and in concentration. Time gives you more awareness of their importance and how they improve the quality of your performance.

“Age helps a lot, at 38 I see the world a lot differently than I did as a lad. I think that’s more than normal, it’s part of a person’s natural evolution.

“It’s even more fascinating to think of being the captain of a much younger dressing room.

“Can I still improve? Of course. There’s always something to improve, whether it’s concentration, fortitude, dedication in training… in a word, professionalism.

“I don’t think any professional can talk about not being able to improve.”

Buffon was controversially snubbed for the Ballon d’Or nomination last year, did that hurt?

“No. It’s difficult to say what I deserved to win and what I didn’t. I feel satisfied and extremely pleased with everything I’ve done in my career, but I still want to win every competition I take part in.

“Looking too far back has never been a characteristic of mine. Let’s go forward, one step at a time.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘I still have targets’

http://www.football-italia.net/86845/buffon-‘i-still-have-targets’

Jul 5, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon “still has many objectives” with Italy and Juventus before he retires in 2018.

The goalkeeper has already announced his intention to hang up his gloves after the World Cup in Russia, but is in no mood to start planning his post-playing career yet.

“There are still two years of activities to be pursued with the utmost concentration, because it will be increasingly difficult to win every year, since the competitors are better,” Buffon warned Rivista Undici.

“That goes for Italy and in Europe. I don’t have any concrete projects for the future, and I think there’s still time to evaluate the best direction to go in.

“Buffon still has many objectives, both personal and sporting. From a sporting point of view, I want to play in the World Cup in Russia in 2018, and continue to do well in Italy and Europe with Juventus.”

Buffon was then asked to reflect on what it means to be captain of both Juventus and Italy.

“What does it mean to be Juventus captain? It means representing a style, an atmosphere and a group.

“It means setting the example every day in showing the value of this shirt and what it means for millions of fans. When you become captain of a team it means a bit of time has passed.

“I can only be happy to be an important man for this team and this club, and I’m even happier that the Juve fans are pleased to have me representing them.

“Italy? The principle is very similar, dare I say the same. Juventus is one of the biggest clubs in the world, and certainly the most popular in Italy.

“The national team is another dimension again. To represent your country and to be lucky enough to do it around the world is a privilege.

“Do I feel like a symbol? I prefer to separate my private life from my sporting and professional one. I consider myself a normal person, with strengths and weaknesses like any other individual.

“But on a sporting level, I’ve had extraordinary results and achievements, thanks to a professionalism which can certainly be - and I’d be proud if it was - an example to follow.”

Finally, the Bianconeri number one was asked to reflect on some of the high points and low points of his long career.

“Mistakes are part of the job,” Buffon shrugged when asked if any errors still haunt him.

“If I think in a personal context, my reaction to the equaliser against Bayern Munich comes to mind. I had too much pessimism, and in future I’ll try to be even more balanced and rational in dealing with the most delicate moments of the season.

“My best save? Fortunately there are many that I remember with great affection and pride. I always choose three: Italy-Paraguay in Parma when I was 19, from Recoba in Parma-Inter in 2000 and from Zidane in the 2006 World Cup final.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon named to UEFA Best Player award shortlist

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/7/18/12211452/gianluigi-buffon-

juventus-italy-2016-uefa-best-player-award-shortlist

Jul 18, 2016

The 2015-16 season saw a couple of things remain the same in Serie A and Italy as a whole. For one, Juventus continued its five-year run of dominance, once again winning the Scudetto. Secondly, the man who captains the Serie A champions, goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon, continued his own respective run of dominance, once again proving to be one of Juventus' vital pieces despite being in his late-30s.

Both of them played their respective parts. And both of them happening means that Buffon will be up for more individual recognition.

It has been announced that Buffon, the gold standard of goalkeeping, has been named to the shortlist for the UEFA Best Player award, it was announced early Monday. The award's final group of three potential recipients will be announced on Aug. 5 following a vote by journalists from UEFA's 55 member associations. The UEFA Best Player award will be announced at the Champions League group stage draw on Aug. 25 in Monaco.

The list of the 10 players on the player of the year shortlist are as follows:

Gareth Bale (Real Madrid & Wales)
Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus & Italy) 
Antoine Griezmann (Atlético Madrid & France)
Toni Kroos (Real Madrid & Germany)
Lionel Messi (Barcelona & Argentina)
Thomas Müller (Bayern München & Germany)
Manuel Neuer (Bayern München & Germany)
Pepe (Real Madrid & Portugal)
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid & Portugal)
Luis Suárez (Barcelona & Uruguay)

As you can see, Buffon is the lone representative from Serie A. And as you can see, that's one more representative than the so-called Best League in the World, the English Premier League, has in the top 10. Feel free to insert your EPL-centric jokes now, folks.

To say Buffon is deserving of being included in that group is pretty much an understatement. He was a force in Serie A — again. He was a force in the Champions League — again. He doesn't make nearly as many saves as some of his fellow goalkeepers in Italy because of the defense that plays in front of him, but almost every one of them turn out to be crucial considering their timing.

He can still take over a game, still be the difference between three points and one point, one point and no points. That's the beauty of a goalkeeper like Gigi Buffon — he's a difference-maker in every sense of the term. And he's doing all of this as he's getting closer and closer to his 40th birthday. Tell me how many goalkeepers at Buffon's age can continue to play at Buffon's level. (The answer is not very many at all, so there you go.)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Focused on last two years’

http://www.football-italia.net/88593/buffon-‘focused-last-two-years’

Jul 31, 2016

Gigi Buffon admits he’s not sure what he’ll do after he retires, as he’s focused on the last two years of his career.

The Juventus and Italy captain will retire after the 2018 World Cup in Russia, but doesn’t know if he’ll become a Coach.

“For now I’m focused on these [last] two years of my career,” Buffon told Corriere della Sera.

“I want to finish at the top as I’m doing. Then there are family activities

"There will be time in the future to evaluate new opportunities and initiatives.

“Broadly speaking I’d like to be an ambassador on the pitch or in institutions with strong values and I think with my experience I could do that.

“I think I can convey ideas and experiences which could change something for the better if I get that chance, but right now I’m not thinking about a role or a specific skill.

“I’m definitely very curious and if I’m doing something in person and putting my face on it then I want to do it well and with passion.

“Politics? I like it as a spectator. Let’s just say that right now it comes a long way after football. Not all spectacles are good, but everything is a cycle.

“That’s true in life, in finance, in football and in politics. But there will be a new renaissance.”

Buffon also discussed his ownership of hometown side Carrarese, having sold 70 per cent of the shares last summer after becoming disillusioned.

“The club was failing, I wanted to do something to please my fellow citizens. I took over in the regional divisions and took the club to Serie C2, then C1 a level which everyone respects.

“Then some people, instead of being happy about what we’d done wanted contributions they weren’t due and I had to deal with that alone.

“I’ll continue to give my little contribution if they want to develop our relationship with Juventus or with top-flight teams, but just in terms of being supportive and that’s it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon sets Champions League target

http://www.football-italia.net/88776/buffon-sets-champions-league-target?

Aug 4, 2016

Gigi Buffon has set Juventus the target of wining the Champions League this season.

The Bianconeri have been dominant in Italian domestic football in recent years, winning five consecutive Scudetti and the League and cup double in the past two campaigns.

However, they have yet to translate this supremacy at home into European success, losing the 2015 final to Barcelona.

“The Champions League is a target for the team,” Buffon told Sky Sport on Thursday.

“It would be wonderful to achieve an objective that has been missing for so many years.”

Juventus have won European football’s premier club competition on two occasions, the most recent of which was in 1996.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Buffon: Winning the Champions League is a collective objective

Captain talks about personal and club ambitions for year ahead

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/8/5/12382558/juventus-goalkeeper-

captain-gigi-buffon-winning-champions-league-collective-objective-club-ambition

Aug 5, 2016

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon spoke with the media ahead of the upcoming 2016-17 season on a variety of topics, including laying out his personal ambitions as well as what the club will be working towards.

The goalkeeper returned to the Bianconeri training base in Vinovo on Monday after a well-deserved break following the exertions of yet more Scudetto and Copa Italia titles followed by the Euro 2016 tournament this summer.

On the summer mercato -

“First of all I’d like to thank Juventus because everything that it has achieved in these five years is extraordinary and owes itself to each and every person at the club.

“Furthermore, the brilliant business done during the transfer window has enabled the older heads such as myself as well as the supporters to believe in something special.

“We’ve made several signings of significant international pedigree, so much so that if I was six or seven years of age again and was collecting football stickers, I’d be absolutely delighted to fill in this current Juventus side.

“That said, sticker albums are one thing, but playing out on the pitch is something else and that’s where we need to show that everything being said about us is indeed true.”

On the elusive Champions League trophy -

“Winning the Champions League is a personal objective, but even more so an aim of the whole club. To achieve a feat of this nature that’s been missing for many years with colleagues and companions who have all contributed to many moments in Bianconeri history, would be simply amazing.

“On paper, this is a very strong Juventus side, capable of challenging any team out there and with a greater chance of winning than in previous years, because the arrival of certain players has reduced the gap between us and the very top teams in Europe."

On new striker Gonzalo Higuain -

“At first I didn’t expect (Gonzalo) Higuain to sign, but when everyone started talking about it, it all became more likely. He was certainly the number one danger man every time we played against Napoli. He’s a world-class striker who we admired beforehand and who we hold in even higher regard right now.

"Regarding the criticism he has received, I believe that a player who has the courage to come here shows great personality because it would have been easier for him to make a different choice.

“I believe that someone like Gonzalo, who scored bucket loads of goals in three years at Napoli has the right to decide his own destiny and this right of his was also confirmed by the fact that he had a buyout clause in his contract.

“Besides Higuain, we’ve also signed several other players, who if they demonstrate what they’ve done in their careers and show that desire to surprise and help us by working their socks off, I believe that we can improve significantly this season.”

On the future of the national team -

“We came a long way and lived a dream alongside many people who rediscovered their fondness for the Azzurri and felt represented by us. Unfortunately our journey came to an end and, given how the competition finished, we might have been able to keep going for glory.

“Nonetheless, we’ve no regrets, we gave our all and I was sorry to see criticism come the way of Zaza and Pellé following their penalty misses, when really everyone deserved to be congratulated for the courage they showed in stepping up to shoot from the spot.

“We’re delighted with Andrea’s (Juve defender Andrea Barzagli) decision to continuewith the Azzurri and credit to (Giampiero) Ventura for managing to convince him to do so by proposing engaging ideas of play, which we hope to hone and make our own as soon as possible.

“I’ve never considered leaving the national side. I’d only have done so if something major happened or if my level of performances declined to such a degree that it would be better to say ‘enough is enough’. That has not been the case and I believe that everyone has shown the requisite physical and moral energies to keep contributing to the cause.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon: Higuain showed great courage & personality in Juve move

The goalkeeper is confident the €90 million striker will add a lot

to the Serie A champions and believes he was right to make the move.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/08/05/26235152/-?

Aug 5, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon says new Juventus team-mate Gonzalo Higuain has shown great courage in making the move from Napoli.

The Argentine made a €90 million transfer from the Serie A runners-up to the champions, much to the intense displeasure from Napoli supporters.

But Buffon says the striker - who scored 36 league goals last season to set a new record in a single Serie A campaign - does not deserve hassle for making such a controversial move.

"I believe that a player who has the courage to make such a choice demonstrates a great personality," Buffon told Sky Sport Italia on Thursday.

"Someone like Higuain, who over three years at Napoli scored loads of goals, has the right to choose another destination.

"He can have an enormous impact on our squad."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon's Champions plea to Alves

http://www.football-italia.net/89915/buffons-champions-plea-alves

Aug 17, 2016

Gigi Buffon asked Dani Alves to “help us achieve the dream we’re still chasing” at Juventus, but didn’t say goodbye to Paul Pogba.

“We’re coming off five wonderful seasons where the club proved it won’t rest on its laurels and that is the sign to the fans and us players too that there’s much still to be done,” Buffon told Sky Sport Italia.

“I think the experience of last season will help us not make the same mistakes of feeling superior. I think at the end of the day it’ll be very important to find the right balance and for everyone to get to know each other, because on paper the team is different to on the pitch. It’s on the pitch we have to prove that everything said about us is true.”

Juve are clearly targeting the Champions League this season with the likes of Gonzalo Higuain, Miralem Pjanic and Marko Pjaca.

“I asked Dani Alves to help us, above all us older members of the team, to achieve the dream we are still chasing and help us push the bar a little higher.

“He is rather accustomed to certain targets and victories, so I think in that sense his experience can really help us. What I liked in these first few weeks is seeing how eager the new buys are to work hard. You can tell they have the mentality of top clubs and are, albeit prudent, confident enough in themselves to think big.”

Some have also left the club, above all Alvaro Morata and Pogba, but Buffon revealed they had different ways of saying goodbye.

“I spoke to Morata and we exchanged messages, but also via Simone Zaza, seeing as they talk often. He sent us a message, he was really very polite and it was a real pleasure seeing him grow up to become a champion over the last two years.

“For Paul clearly it’s easier to follow him on social media, so we know what he’s up to. I think at the end of the day he’s an extraordinary lad, an extraordinary champion and someone seeking an extraordinary career.

“At times, these careers go through an inevitable change of club. I wish both of them all the best, because they really helped us out over the last few years.”

Who does Buffon feel will compete with Juventus for the Serie A title?

“Before the season starts it’s very difficult to give an accurate prediction. I certainly think Inter are a team who already last year had a squad of 15-16 players to compete with us, Napoli and Roma. In my view, this year they have improved further.

“Roma are making the most of Luciano Spalletti’s great work and I think will start with more belief and consistency. Napoli have clearly lost Gonzalo, but at times that can help get the best out of other players, so they’ll give more to prove they weren’t dependent on Higuain.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Man City's Joe Hart behind only

David De Gea, Manuel Neuer - Buffon

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/english-premier-league/story/2932344/man-citys-

joe-hart-behind-only-david-de-gea-and-manuel-neuer-juventus-keeper-gianluigi-buffon

Aug 18, 2016

Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon says only David De Gea and Manuel Neuer can be considered a class above Joe Hart.

New Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has benched Hart for his first two competitive games in charge and, with the club reportedly closing in on Barcelona's Claudio Bravo, a source has told ESPN FC that the England No. 1 isconsidering his future

Juventus legend Buffon, though, says Hart is one of the world's best and that Manchester United's De Gea and Bayern Munich's Neuer are the only clearly superior keepers at present.

The 38-year-old told Goal: "He has consistently, over the last five or six seasons, shown he is among the best goalkeepers in the world. De Gea and Neuer are the two outstanding goalkeepers right now. After that, there is not anybody who is on an obvious higher level than Hart.

"He has many years of being a great goalkeeper ahead of him, no matter if they are at Manchester City or anywhere else."

Buffon highlighted the fact that Hart had lost his Manchester City place in 2013-14 when Manuel Pellegrini was in charge and backed the 29-year-old to bounce back again.

"When he returned, he played some of the best football of his career," Buffon said. "The ability is there. We know he has that but, just as importantly, he has character -- and that is one of the most important qualities you can have as a goalkeeper."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Hurts to lose Pogba’

http://www.football-italia.net/90199/buffon-‘hurts-lose-pogba’?

Aug 22, 2016

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon admits “it hurts to lose” Paul Pogba, and compares him to Zinedine Zidane.

The French midfielder left the Bianconeri this summer, joining Manchester United for a world-record €105m.

“The kid is a tremendous warrior on the pitch but also has so much talent,” Buffon said, as reported by the Mirror and Sky Sports UK.

“His control of the ball and the way he can swiftly change the play from defence to attack is special – and for us it hurts to lose him.

“Of course the decision was with the directors and not down to the players.

“I have no doubts that Paul will be a success in the Premier League. It may take some time to adapt but I’m certain he will do it, especially as he knows the club well which is important.

“I have seen him grow and improve during his time here, especially his attitude on the pitch and the way he works for all the team.

“Manchester United have signed a very good player. It’s not easy to compare him to greats of the past but he has many details of the games of both [Michel] Platini and [Zinedine] Zidane.

“He’s a good kid. The important thing is that his attitude is excellent on the pitch and in training. The thing we will miss most now he has gone is his closeness with everyone in the team.

“Manchester United have signed a very good player and a very good teammate.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Juventus, don’t be complacent’

http://www.football-italia.net/90383/buffon-‘juventus-don’t-be-complacent’

Aug 25, 2016

Captain Gianluigi Buffon warns Juventus’ Champions League opponents “are not to be underestimated”.

The Bianconeri have been drawn with Sevilla, Lyon and Dinamo Zagreb, with most pundits making them firm favourites to go through.

“On paper they are all teams not to be underestimated, but they’re within our reach,” Buffon told JTV.

“It’s hard to say who is the most formidable opponent, Dinamo are a talented team, Sevilla are well-established and Lyon are part of the elite of French football, even if they’re not living the splendour of a few years ago.

“If we want to make a strong impression on this tournament then we have to win, right from the start, against our opponents.

“We’re coming off the back of a final and going out to one of the strongest teams in the tournament, who we played on equal terms with.

“That means that our journey must be just as good. We’ve added new players, who are champions but also great professionals, they’ve immediately shown that with their behaviour and how they act in the group.

“Among them there are those who, like Dani Alves, have experience in this competition and can really help us. These tournaments are won on the details, the nuances.

“The Champions League shouldn’t be an obsession for us, even I’d like to think ahead to the final in Cardiff but I know that’s a mistake.

“On paper we’re the strongest team in the group, but then there’s the pitch. Determination and commitment are the key features to be the strongest in the group.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti