Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: Juve need to gel

http://www.football-italia.net/92792/buffon-juve-need-gel?

Oct 11, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon believes all of Juventus’ summer signings were “great” but insists his side “must gel more” if they want to win the Champions League.

Buffon was speaking in Monte Carlo, where he won the 2016 Golden Foot for the best player over 28 of the past year, and the goalkeeper took the opportunity to praise his new teammates, including Gonzalo Higuain, who was “a little overweight” upon his arrival.

“I’m excited and very happy,” the 38-year-old told Tuttomercatoweb.

“There’s a top-drawer audience here, with important ex-players, the Inter Coach [Frank de Boer], Ranieri and people who have done so much in football.

“I’d always been nominated for this award, I’d never won it, but this year I did better and deserved it.

“The League? We have the opportunity to seize important opportunities and distance ourselves from opponents who have much more to lose.

“We’re thinking about each game as it comes, all the games are worth three points. We need to manage our strengths better and have clarity.

“The Champions League? Juventus are one of the teams backed go all the way. We have a top squad, but we must gel more, something that happens when you make a lot of changes.

“The new boys have impressed me. Higuain perhaps arrived a little overweight and was on the bench a few times but didn’t kick up a fuss and made himself available.

“Dani Alves has brought enthusiasm and trains aggressively, he’s a pearl for his career alone.

“Pjanic’s doing very well, in the dressing room they all love him. They were all great signings.”.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Agent: ‘Buffon could play on’

http://www.football-italia.net/92819/agent-‘buffon-could-play-on’

Oct 12, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent says the Italy and Juventus captain could “surprise us” by playing on after 2018.

The goalkeeper has previously stated that he’ll hang up his gloves after the World Cup in Russia, meaning that this would be his penultimate season.

However, his representative says the veteran could play on after his previously stated retirement date.

“The goal is obviously to continue up to the 2018 World Cup, then we’ll see,” Silvano Martina told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Gigi is such a great player who could still surprise us. Life and football are unpredictable, so I’d say you can never say never to after the World Cup.

“We don’t know what will happen.

“Once he retires? He’s a truly unique professional, he wouldn’t have problems in any new role. He really can do it all.”

Despite being one of the best goalkeepers in the world for the past 20 years, Buffon has come in for some criticism for his performances against Spain and Macedonia over the international break.

“We’re talking about the best ever, and a very intelligent person. I saw some exaggerated criticism immediately after the goal against Spain.

“Even the number one can make mistakes.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon on Evra, Zidane and Pogba

http://www.football-italia.net/92833/buffon-evra-zidane-and-pogba?

Oct 12, 2016

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon discussed Patrice Evra, Paul Pogba and why Zinedine Zidane has “a bright career as a Coach” ahead of him.

The Italy goalkeeper spoke to RMC Sport when receiving his Golden Foot award.

“I don’t know if Evra will be called up again by Didier Deschamps, but I can say that Patrice cares a great deal about the team. At Juve, we often talk about our experiences with different teams or national sides.

“Right now he is training very well and is in good shape. I think when a player like him trains with professionalism and desire, then one day life will give him the satisfaction he deserves.”

Buffon is still going strong 10 years after the 2006 World Cup, but Zidane has become a Coach at Real Madrid. Did he see that coming?

“Zidane has an extraordinary profile and any Coach who comes on to the European stage for the first time and immediately wins the Champions League means he has something extra! He has qualities that go beyond the normal.

“I think all of this suggests Zidane will have a very bright career as a Coach.”

Former Juve teammate Pogba is struggling to make his mark at Manchester United after a world record transfer fee of €105m plus bonuses.

“Seasons are long and we are only in the second month out of 11. I smile when I hear people say in September that Pogba is not good enough. We can only take stock at the end of the campaign.

“It’s like with horses in a race, it doesn’t matter who is leading halfway round, but who gets past the finish line first.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ventura: 'Donnarumma another Buffon'

http://www.football-italia.net/93054/ventura-donnarumma-another-buffon

Oct 17, 2016

Italy CT Giampiero Ventura has stated that Milan's Gianluigi Donnarumma is "another Gianluigi Buffon".

In an interview with Radio 1, the Coach also spoke about the rise of Milan and Roma, adding that keeping Serie A competitive 'helps' the National team.

"Everything that makes Serie A competitive helps us.

"We can’t take anything for granted, especially in this first part of the season. The return of Milan and Roma bring excitement to the campaign

"Donnarumma? If it were not for Buffon ahead of him, he probably would have already been number one choice in the first team.

"He has an extraordinarily important future. In front there is Buffon, who has made the history of Juventus and that of the National team. Behind, perhaps, another Buffon is developing."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon agent: ‘Mistakes happen!’

http://www.football-italia.net/93084/buffon-agent-‘mistakes-happen’

Oct 17, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon’s agent shrugs off recent mistakes - “three months ago he was the best goalkeeper at the European Championships…”

The Juventus captain allowed Jakub Jankto’s shot to squeeze under him in the win over Udinese on Saturday, adding to the fresh air kick in the draw with Spain while on international duty.

“Two-and-a-half or three months ago he was the best goalkeeper at the European Championships,” Silvano Martina noted, speaking to SportItalia.

“What I was disappointed with was the goal against Udinese, it was a technical error. The one against Spain was, frankly, something which happens to goalkeepers: the opponent was close, he wanted to put it out for a throw and he missed the ball.

“That’s the type of thing I’ve seen in loads of games, like when a midfielder takes a heavy touch and the ball goes out for a throw.

“If a goalkeeper is going to make a mistake, I’d prefer it to be the one against Spain, even if it was a mistake.

“Against Udinese, the ball dipped, it was about half a metre from him when it hit the ground and that’s what cause the problem.

“He’s had more or less 1000 matches in his career, so when you play 1000 matches an error will happen in a few of them.

“It has happened before and it’ll happen again, goalkeepers can’t go an entire career without a mistake, it’s part of their game.”

Martina was then asked when Buffon plans to retire, and reiterated the goal of the 2018 World Cup.

“What he wants to do is reach the 2018 World Cup, that’s the goal we’ve set. It would be his sixth World Cup, and he’d be the only player to have been to six World Cups.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘I’ll prove them wrong’

http://www.football-italia.net/93096/buffon-‘i’ll-prove-them-wrong’?

Oct 18, 2016

Juventus and Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon warns “I live to make people eat their rash words”.

The goalkeeper has come in for criticism in recent weeks after errors for the Azzurri and at club level, with some suggesting his level is finally starting to drop at the age of 38.

“It’s fun when people want to hold your funeral and then you prove them wrong,” Buffon said on Tiki Taka.

“I live to make them eat their rash words. Retirement? When the time comes I’ll accept it in a calm manner, but for now I’m not thinking about it.

“I want to be there [at the World Cup] in 2018. Ten years have passed since the 2006 World Cup, between 1982 and 2006 there were 24.

I’m still missing 14 then, and I want to be there.”

The legendary ‘keeper recently received the Golden Foot award in recognition of his extraordinary career with the Bianconeri, Italy and Parma.

“I never get tired of awards, depending on when they come they’re a recognition of the work you’ve done.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Gigi Buffon: Juventus must be better to contend in Champions League

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/2975823/gigi-buffon-

juventus-must-be-better-to-be-champions-league-contenders

Oct 19, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon insists his side must improve if they want to be serious Champions League contenders this season following a narrow 1-0 win in Lyon.

The Italian champions remain top of Group H, ahead of Sevilla on goal difference, after substitute Juan Cuadrado scored the decisive goal in the 76th minute.

But Juve, who played most of the second half with 10 men after midfielder Mario Lemina was sent off for two yellow cards, owed victory to skipper Buffon.

The veteran keeper kept out Alexandre Lacazette's first-half penalty and pulled off world-class saves in the second period to deny the hosts, in particular from Nabil Fekir and Corentin Tolisso.

"Juve must improve because this is not enough to go all the way," Buffon said. "I know what we did when we were 11 against 11 and it's not enough, ironically we were more a team when we remained with 10 men.

"The spirit is good but there is huge room for improvement, it would be a pity if we don't make many steps forward because we have everything to improve a lot as a team.

"We need to if we want to be protagonists in Europe. I did not celebrate my saves during the game just because a lot of time was still left and I didn't want to lose focus and energy."

Juventus boss Max Allegri joked that Lemina's dismissal was just what his side needed to spark them to victory on Tuesday.

"We weren't moving the ball around properly and so the referee decided to give us a kick and force us into it by reducing us to 10 men," Allegri told Mediaset Premium. "Unfortunately, this is one of our limitations."

Gianluigi Buffon
Gianluigi Buffon stopped Alexandre Lacazette's penalty in the first half and Juventus went on to win.

Patrice Evra was given a surprise start over Medhi Benatia in Allegri's back-line, and the coach said he was just being cautious following the Moroccan international's muscle injury.

"I chose Evra because Benatia was not supposed to play on Saturday and did after 40 days out. I didn't want to risk him suffering a relapse. Evra can do well there, he's a natural left-footer and is useful for us.

"I used Cuadrado on the left on Saturday and he did pretty well. If I'd have started Cuadrado today, I wouldn't have had some fresh legs to bring on, so substitutes are always important.

"We suffered a lot in the first half on the counter, Lacazette and [Nabil] Fekir were good at stretching our defence, while we lost the ball too many times with short passes. It went better after the break, even down to 10 men."

Lyon, who beat Dinamo Zagreb 3-0 before losing 1-0 in Sevilla in their first two group matches, stay in third place, four points adrift of Juve and Sevilla. But the French side can feel justifiably aggrieved not to have taken at least a point after forcing the tempo for long periods.

Captain Maxime Gonalons could not hide his disappointment and said Buffon's world-class display had proved the difference.

"What more do you want us to do?" Gonalons said. "We gave everything in this tactical battle. We had chances but came up against a Buffon at the top of his game. He was remarkable.

"We lost but we can be proud of what we did because we stood up to a team that will be fighting to win the Champions League. We need to stay positive."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'disappointed in Pjanic protest'

http://www.football-italia.net/93708/buffon-disappointed-pjanic-protest?

Oct 31, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon says his teammates 'should have offered more of a protest' against Milan when a goal was ruled out.

The Captain also stressed that his side must 'improve the quality of their play' if they are to have aspirations of winning the Champions League this term.

"Against Napoli we had the right attitude, we were not there to lose, which was essential, the veteran stopper told Gazzetta dello Sport. "We were lacking that a little bit in the past.

Buffon also lamented the fact that his teammates offered little protest when a Miralem Pjanic goal was ruled out when his side went down 1-0 to Milan at San Siro earlier this month.

"When I saw that we had scored and then 18 opposing players go to protest but nobody from our team goes with them, it makes me a little upset.

"The fact that my teammates are well educated gives me great pleasure, and I am the same, but on the other hand it is also something that I accept less willingly in this situation.

"You must always play with with respect and education, but you need to be heard once in a while.

The Bianconeri are four points clear at the top of Serie A, but resume their Champions League qualifying campaign against Lyon on Wednesday. What does Buffon think of the team need to do to push on in Europe?

"We need to improve the harmony and quality of play if we want to aspire to something more.

"We are absolutely delighted with the results gained so far, but we can not feel satisfied, because we are in October.

"Between now and May there are seven months and there’s always something you can do to improve right? Even at 70 years old you have to keep striving."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon set to make 100th Champions League appearance

The Italy international has been named in Juventus's side to face Lyon and becomes

the 29th player to reach the three-figure milestone, with Iker Casillas leading the way.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2016/11/02/29108872/-?

Nov 2, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon is set to make his 100th Champions League appearance in Wednesday's match against Lyon.

The veteran Italy international has been named in Massimiliano Allegri's side for the Group H match as the Bianconeri look to continue their bid for a place in the last 16.

He becomes the 29th player to reach the milestone but is some way behind leader Iker Casillas.

The former Real Madrid shot-stopper is set to make his 160th appearance in the competition as Porto host Club Brugge in Group G.

His closest rival among active players who play in Europe is Cristiano Ronaldo, who sits sixth on the list as he prepares to play his 131st match in the competition against Legia Warsaw.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus: 'Buffon story false'

http://www.football-italia.net/93898/juventus-buffon-story-false?

Nov 4, 2016

Juventus have issued an official statement, announcing that a story printed about Gianluigi Buffon in Gazzetta dello Sport ‘is false.’

The newspaper had printed some paraphrased quotes from the goalkeeper, which the club say is ‘unpleasant prejudice’ against them.

Today’s edition stated that Buffon had said ‘in Serie A they step aside, but not in Europe’ to his teammates, but the club have slammed this as completely untrue.

“Following an internal enquiry, Juventus Football Club communicates that the content of the Gazzetto dello Sport article entitled "E Buffon alza di nuovo la voce” is false and has the sole purpose of feeding an unpleasant prejudice against the club, its members and its supporters.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon to join 600 club

http://www.football-italia.net/93942/buffon-join-600-club?

Nov 5, 2016

Gigi Buffon is set to reach a landmark tomorrow, as Chievo v Juventus will be his 600th Serie A appearance.

The Bianconeri goalkeeper is currently on 599 games in the Italian top flight, played with the jerseys of Parma and Juve.

If he features on Sunday afternoon at the Stadio Bentegodi, it’ll be his 600thSerie A match.

Only three other players have ever reached this figure.

Roma captain Francesco Totti is still going strong on 607, while Javier Zanetti retired after 615 games for Inter.

Paolo Maldini is the all-time record holder with 647 Serie A matches.

Buffon made his debut on November 19, 1995 in Parma’s 0-0 draw with Milan and at the time he was just 17 years and nine months old.

It would’ve already been much closer to Maldini’s total had World Cup winner Buffon not accepted a drop down into Serie B with Juventus after Calciopoli in 2006.

The goalkeeper has already said he'll retire after the 2018 World Cup, when he will be 40.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy risk embarrassment'

http://www.football-italia.net/94222/buffon-italy-risk-embarrassment

Nov 11, 2016

Italy captain Gigi Buffon warned the trip to Liechtenstein “is the most complicated for a goalkeeper, because you risk embarrassment.”

The World Cup qualifier kicks off in Vaduz on Saturday at 20.45 CET - 19.45 GMT.

“This time of match is actually the most complicated for a goalkeeper,” said Buffon in his Press conference.

“On paper we are favourites, but if you don’t have the humility to prepare well for this game and the right determination on the pitch, you risk embarrassing yourself in the few sporadic occasions when you are called into action.

“I cannot allow that I, and in general the team, is embarrassed tomorrow. Don’t forget against the Faroe Islands we won twice with some really big scares. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll play well and keep a clean sheet.”

Buffon is fast closing on a career total 1,000 competitive games. How does that feel?

“It’s pleasing, there’s a lot of them and it is a sign of both good luck and a certain professionalism. If you don’t have that, you won’t get to play 1,000 games.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon denies 'step aside' comments

http://www.football-italia.net/94227/buffon-denies-step-aside-comments

Nov 11, 2016

Gigi Buffon denies he said Serie A opponents “step aside” for Juventus. “I never said that, it’s part of some fantasy life.”

La Gazzetta dello Sport claim the captain told his teammates that the Champions League is different to domestic football, where the other teams “step aside” for the champions.

“Over the last few years, I think you can say many things about me, but not that I am a hypocrite or that I don’t defend complicated ideas,” Buffon said in today’s Italy Press conference.

“I do not let myself get dragged into things if it’s not right. What happened there is part of some fantasy life: I live real life. Others live in this fantasy life, not me.

“I never said anything of the sort, there was never a team meeting and I shouldn’t even need to be here explaining this.

“When things just plain didn’t happen, you shouldn’t be called to answer for them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Man City target Donnarumma

http://www.football-italia.net/94229/man-city-target-donnarumma

Nov 11, 2016

Manchester City are reportedly approaching Milan for Gianluigi Donnarumma, but Gigi Buffon would “give him some brotherly advice.”

The goalkeeper is only 17 years old, but has already become a key figure for the Rossoneri in Serie A and is second choice to Buffon for Italy.

According to Sky Sport Italia this evening, Manchester City have made an initial approach to Milan for Donnarumma.

The San Siro club is in the process of a takeover by Chinese investors, so would in theory not be in any position to cash in on their young talent.

“I could say Manchester City are very wise to be making that type of proposal,” Buffon told Sky Sport Italia when asked about the rumours.

“It has to be said, though, Gigio already plays for a glorious club. I’d whisper some brotherly advice in his ear.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Capello: 'Buffon deserved Ballon d'Or'

http://www.football-italia.net/94287/capello-buffon-deserved-ballon-dor

Nov 13, 2016

Fabio Capello feels Gigi Buffon “deserved the Ballon d’Or” in his career and is impressed by Milan’s teenage midfielder Manuel Locatelli.

Italy host Germany in a friendly on Tuesday evening at San Siro after last night’s 4-0 World Cup qualifier away to Liechtenstein.

This will be the 167th cap for goalkeeper Buffon, who said he’ll retire at the age of 40 after the 2018 World Cup.

“I think Gigi deserved the Ballon d’Or during his career,” Capello told German paper Tz.

“He’s not the only one, as I’d have also given the award to Dino Zoff, Franco Baresi and Paolo Maldini.”

There is a new generation coming through in Serie A and Capello is particularly impressed with an 18-year-old Milan midfielder.

“The one who really caught my attention was without doubt Locatelli. He was born in 1998 and I would love to see him become a protagonist with the Azzurri shirt too.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Donnarumma: 'Buffon like my brother'

http://www.football-italia.net/94403/donnarumma-buffon-my-brother

Nov 15, 2016

Gianluigi Donnarumma thanked “brother” Gigi Buffon, but committed himself to Milan. “I’m already at a top club.”

The 17-year-old received his second senior Italy cap, replacing Buffon at half-time in the 0-0 draw with Germany at San Siro.

“It’s always a strong feeling to wear this shirt, so I thank the Coach for this opportunity. It’s always an honour,” Donnarumma told Rai Sport.

He was asked if he was Buffon’s heir not only in the Azzurri jersey, but also at club level after reports of Juventus interest.

“I have a great rapport with Gigi, he always gives me advice and treats me like his brother. I try to watch every move he makes in training and I thank him a great deal.

“Everyone says I’m Gigi’s heir. Right now I am focused only on Milan and doing well there, as it’s the team I have supported since I was a child. I am already at a top club.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

‘Class act’ Buffon still sets the goalkeeping standard - Southall

A man who played Premier League football in his 40s believes the Juventus

icon is an all-time great, and has a few more years left in him yet.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/11/19/29673372/-?

Nov 19, 2016

Neville Southall says Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon is a ‘class act’ and ‘what everybody should be like as a goalkeeper’.

The former Everton shot-stopper knows a thing or two about life between the sticks, having provided the last line of defence for the Toffees during their 1980s heyday.

He also won 92 caps for Wales and played Premier League football for Bradford City at 41 years of age.

Italy international Buffon is a relative youngster in comparison, at 38, and is showing no signs of slowing down.

southall-buffon_1kexpq474u7bj1wal7vkb3ev

“He’s class, just class,” Southall told Goal .

“He’s done it for so long now and can probably keep it going for the next season or two, but I think he’s a class act. He’s what everybody should be like as a goalkeeper.”

Buffon is back in contention for the Ballon d’or, having been surprisingly overlooked 12 months ago, and finished as the highest-ranked goalkeeper in the 2016 Goal 50 – ahead of the likes of Manuel Neuer and David de Gea in 20th spot.

He remains a regular for club and country, one fast closing in on 1000 competitive appearances, and has retained an air of authority and composure throughout a distinguished career that has lasted over 20 years and delivered countless major honours – including seven Serie A titles, three Coppa Italia crowns and a World Cup triumph.

“To me, he’s what goalkeepers are all about,” said Southall.

“He’s got a great spirit about him and great stability. He’s a class act. He’s always played the same way.

“The difference was in the penalty shoot-out between England and Italy [at Euro 2012], he was chilled out on the goal line and used his experience and made more saves than Joe Hart.”

Buffon earned his 167th cap for the Azzurri during the international break, with that haul placing him alongside Spain’s Iker Casillas and Latvia’s Vitalijs Astafjevs as European football’s most-distinguished performers and joint-sixth on the global all-time list – still some 17 short of Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Analysing Potential Replacements for

Juventus Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2676975-analysing-potential-

replacements-for-juventus-goalkeeper-gianluigi-buffon?

Nov 21, 2016

Over recent weeks, the idea of Juventus needing to replace Gigi Buffon has become increasingly prominent—fuelled largely by the 38-year-old admitting he will likely retire following next season.

"I will try to make the next World Cup and then it may be time to close the door," Buffon told reporters at an awards ceremony back in January, per FourFourTwo.

That, of course, has led to speculation over his successor, with AC Milan’s Gianluigi Donnarumma emerging as a potential target for Bianconeri director general Giuseppe Marotta.

Juve, Chelsea and Manchester City are courting him, but Milan do not want to lose him and will try to lock him down,” his agent, Mino Raiola,said recently, per Football Italia. “Marotta is pressing. Juventus want to find an heir to Buffon and will try to bring him to Turin at all costs.”

There's now debate over whether Juventus could indeed lure the 17-year-old goalkeeping prodigy away from San Siro, a matter discussed at length in this previous post.

Milan’s ability to return to being a relevant force is almost certainly the biggest factor, but if they do, then it is unlikely that life-long fan Donnarumma would opt to move elsewhere.

So where would that leave Juventus? What other targets are there and who would become their alternative choice to take over from Buffon?

A man who would undoubtedly feature prominently in any such discussion would be current deputy Norberto Neto. The Brazilian arrived in Turin back in July 2015, with the club’s official websiterevealing he had signed a four-year contract following the end of his previous deal with Fiorentina.

He had spent four-and-a-half years with the Viola, blossoming into one of the finest ‘keepers in Serie A. Joining them in January 2011, he would initially remain a backup to Artur Boruc and then Emiliano Viviano, making a total of just 14 appearances before the 2013/14 season began.

That campaign would see then-coach Vincenzo Montella make Neto his first-choice goalkeeper, a decision that was rewarded with some superb performances from the Brazil native.

Over the two subsequent years, he would help Fiorentina to successive fourth-placed finishes in the league, and he also played a major role in their progress to the semifinals of both the Coppa Italia and the UEFAEuropa League.

Even his raw statistics made for impressive reading, with Fox Soccer’s figures showing that his tally of 12 clean sheets in 2013/14 was the fourth best in the league, while only four players made more saves than his total of 124.

In the following campaign, the same source showed he ranked fifth in terms of clean sheets with 10 in just 29 Serie A appearances. That consistent form prompted Juventus to sign him, much to the anger of Fiorentina fans, who felt betrayed at seeing such an important player join their most bitter rivals.

“There is no doubt that Juventus was the right choice for me,” Neto told reporters at his inaugural press conference after the deal was finalised. “Since I arrived in Italy my ambition has been to play at the very highest level, so when Juventus came in for me my mind was made up.”

Yet he has found playing time difficult to come by since then, making a mere 11 appearances for the Bianconeri thus far. He has conceded just seven goals in that time, with five of the matches he has featured in coming in the Coppa Italia, including a start in last season’s final where Juve defeated Milan 1-0.

The lack of action has seemingly frustrated the player, and Sports Mediaset (h/t Football Italia) recently linked the 27-year-old with a move to Everton or Lazio.

Should his unhappiness eventually lead to an exit, there are still a number of impressive goalkeepers Juventus could opt to bring in. Perhaps the name at the top of such a list would be Genoa’s MattiaPerin, a player who has arguably suffered more than most following the emergence of Donnarumma.

hi-res-282a003c646c4846848e263d283176e3_

Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images
Perin has become third-choice for Italy.

Seemingly falling behind the young Rossoneri star in the pecking order for the Italy national team, Perin’s agent has defended his client.

Matteo Roggi made his opinion abundantly clear in a recent interview with TeleGenova (h/t Football Italia):

Donnarumma has taken advantage of wearing the Milan shirt to subvert Perin in the hierarchy.

In terms of playing time, Perin deserves more. Donnarumma is a great goalkeeper, but for him to get to the level of Perin it will still take a couple of seasons.

As for Perin, he’s still only 24, in the national team he’s living in a historic time between two great goalkeepers, so he’ll have to elbow his way in but he’ll find space.

That confidence stems directly from the player’s performances over recent seasons, impressing immensely and consistently for the Grifone. Like Donnarumma, his Serie A debut came while still a teenager back in May 2011, and he's gone on to make almost 100 appearances for Genoa despite spending two seasons away on loan.

447 - Mattia Perin has made 447 saves since 2012/13, record in Serie A in this period. Unlucky.

One of those campaigns was with Pescara, with the Delfini suffering a difficult top-flight campaign back in 2012/13. They were woefully undermanned and inexperienced, but Perin was arguably their best performer, single-handedly trying to prevent them being completely overrun on a weekly basis.

He made 29 appearances that season, playing behind a defence that allowed opponents a league-high 17.7 shots per game, some 2.6 more than their closest rival, according to statisticsfrom WhoScored.com.

One match in which he could do little to stem the tide was unsurprisingly against Juventus, as the Bianconeri ran out 6-1 winners in ruthless fashion. Yet Buffon still had time to pass on some words of advice to Perin, who turned 20 on the day his Pescara side were demolished at the Stadio Adriatico.

Buffon told me not to give up, to stay carefree and keep going,” Perintold Sky Italia (h/t Football Italia) shortly after the final whistle. “It was a horrible birthday, but meeting Buffon was the only positive thing of the night.”

Fast forward two years and Perin—back at Genoa—certainly appeared to heed that advice as Juventus travelled to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris. That day it was Buffon’s celebration that would be ruined, with his 500th Serie A appearance blighted by a loss to the Grifone as his opposite number turned in a star performance.

Keeping a clean sheet in a shock 1-0 victory for the home side, WhoScored.com’s figures show the Bianconeri managed a total of 16 shots but could not find a way past an inspired Perin.

Beyond sheer numbers, he has regularly displayed a physical strength that is often lacking in Italian goalkeepers, while his 6’ 2” (1.88m) frame and impressive leaping ability help him excel at claiming rather than punching crosses.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Every Quinquennio needs a safe pair of hands. Cue @gianluigibuffon and Gianpiero Combi.  #HI5TORY

When unable to roll the ball out to defenders, his distribution remains poor—with WhoScored.com showing he connected with just 53 per cent of his passes last term—but his handling stands out. Perin has made full use of his superb speed and reflexes to already become a fine shot-stopper, and he has improved his footwork to make less spectacular saves.

Should Donnarumma and Neto no longer be viable alternatives, then he could arguably become the next man to wear the Juventus No. 1 shirt, continuing a legacy that passed from Dino Zoff to the likes of Stefano Tacconi and Angelo Peruzzi before being inherited by Buffon. Perin could well be next.  

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Not surprised by Conte’

http://www.football-italia.net/95358/buffon-‘not-surprised-conte’

Dec 7, 2016

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon is “not surprised” that Chelsea are top of the Premier League as Antonio Conte is “a winner”.

The Blues are three points clear of Arsenal, with Conte having taken over after leaving Italy this summer.

The Coach spent three seasons with the Bianconeri, winning Serie A three times in a row, including an unbeaten season and a record points tally.

“Chelsea are top of the Premier League, but I’m not surprised,” Buffon told Fox Sports.

“Conte is a winner and he’ll never fight for second place. I’m sure he’s urging the players to give their best. They have a great chance in the League.

“Chelsea have two important factors on their side: they have one of the best Coaches in the world and they’re not playing in Europe, so that allows them to prepare better during the week.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Aiming for Champions League’

http://www.football-italia.net/95361/buffon-‘aiming-champions-league’

Dec 7, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon confirms Juventus “want to win the Champions League” but “I don’t feel I need it”.

The goalkeeper has won almost every trophy available to him, but has so far been on the losing side in two finals in Europe’s top club competition.

“Every season I want to win the Champions League,” Buffon acknowledged, speaking to Fox Sports.

“Every season we have that objective as a team. People always ask me about the Champions League, because it’s a trophy I haven’t won and my answer is that every season I feel lucky to be competing to win it.

“I’ve had a successful career and won a lot of trophies, I don’t feel I need it but I certainly want it.

“I don’t know if it’s my destiny to win it, but we’ll have to work harder than ever.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon's 50-game Champions League run comes to an end

For the first time since December 2008, the Italian goalkeeper

is not starting a Champions League game for Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2016/12/07/

30272022/buffons-run-comes-to-an-end?ICID=TP_HN_HP_RI_1_2

Dec 7, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon's impressive 50-game run of Champions League starts for Juventus came to an end on Wednesday after he was only named as a substitute against Dinamo Zagreb.

The Italy number one has been an ever present for the Bianconeri in Europe's elite club competition since missing their 0-0 draw with BATE on December 10, 2008.

Since that stalemate in Turin, the 38-year-old has made 50 successive starts for the two-time champions of Europe.

However, he has been rested by Massimiliano Allegri with Neto taking his place for Juve's final Group H clash.

Last month, Buffon became the fourth player to make 600 Serie A appearances, as well as taking his appearance count to over 100 Champions League games.

As well as having played the most minutes of any player for Juve, he is also Italy's highest capped international with 167 caps for the Azzurri.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ventura: 'Buffon can join Italy staff'

http://www.football-italia.net/95476/ventura-buffon-can-join-italy-staff

Dec 10, 2016

Giampiero Ventura admits he could use Gigi Buffon in his Italy staff after the 2018 World Cup. “Why not?”

The goalkeeper has said he’ll retire after the tournament in Russia, when he will be 40 years old.

Could Buffon be used as a new assist manager for the Azzurri, helping to unite the locker room?

“Why not?” Ventura told the Corriere della Sera newspaper.

“If he’s never worked as a Coach before, then that would be a leap into the unknown. As someone helping the side out and acting as a selector of players, then sure.

“Buffon is a reference point for those on the field and off it – his teammates, the Federation and me. He will decide his path, but it’d certainly be a mistake if Italy didn’t make the most of his presence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Ronaldo Ballon d'Or, Buffon ninth

http://www.football-italia.net/95601/ronaldo-ballon-dor-buffon-ninth

Dec 13, 2016

Cristiano Ronaldo has won the 2016 Ballon d’Or ahead of Lionel Messi and Antoine Griezmann, but Gigi Buffon is in ninth place.

The announcement was made by France Football this evening.

His crowning was widely predicted after Portugal won Euro 2016 and Real Madrid took the Champions League trophy.

It is the fourth edition of this trophy for CR7, the second in as many years.

The silver medal goes to Barcelona and Argentina star Messi, while Atletico Madrid and France forward Griezmann finishes third.

Juventus and Italy goalkeeper Buffon is the highest-ranked representative from Serie A in ninth place, on a par with Portugal and Real Madrid defender Pepe.

Former Juventus midfielders Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal, now at Manchester United and Bayern Munich respectively, are joint 14th.

1 Cristiano Ronaldo

2 Lionel Messi

3 Antoine Griezmann

4 Luis Suarez

5 Neymar

6 Gareth Bale

7 Riyad Mahrez

8 Jamie Vardy

9 Gigi Buffon and Pepe

11 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

12 Rui Patricio

13 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

14 Paul Pogba and Arturo Vidal

16 Robert Lewandowski

17 Toni Kroos, Luka Modric and Dimitri Payet

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Juventus draw not easy’

http://www.football-italia.net/95684/‘juventus-draw-not-easy’

Dec 14, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon warns “Porto still have a dangerous team” but admits Juventus’ Champions League draw “could have been worse”.

The Bianconeri were drawn against the Portuguese side in the Last 16 of the competition, avoiding the likes of Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

“We don’t say we were lucky, because it’s an arrogant thing to say which conveys little respect for the opponent,” Buffon told Mediaset

.“It’s a good draw though, because it could have been worse. Porto still have a dangerous team, they eliminated Roma who are fighting for the Scudetto with us, and therefore they’re a good side.

“They’re a growing club with lots of experience and players who are used to playing at a certain level.

“So we respect the Portuguese, and we have to work to confirm the odds.”

Buffon was then asked about the final two group games, with the Old Lady securing top spot with wins over Sevilla and Dinamo Zagreb.

“I’m very happy with the way we dealt with the past two games, for our spirit and approach. What I was interested in was seeing a team which is alive, the rest comes down to technical choices.

“We have a good Coach [Max Allegri] who deepens our understanding and makes us better in these aspects.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

Gigi Buffon: ‘No arrogance, Juventus must respect Porto’

http://www.juvefc.com/gigi-buffon-no-arrogance-juventus-must-respect-porto/

Dec 14, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gigi Buffon has emphasized the need to respect the Bianconeri’s Champions League opponents while praising the work of Roma and Napoli.

The veteran keeper was asked about the recent Champions League draw along with this weekends title-clash against 2nd-placed AS Roma.

“We don’t say we were lucky, because it’s an arrogant thing to say which conveys little respect for the opponent,” Buffon told Mediaset.

“It’s a good draw though, because it could have been worse. Porto still have a dangerous team, they eliminated Roma who are fighting for the Scudetto with us, and therefore they’re a good side.

“They’re a growing club with lots of experience and players who are used to playing at a certain level.

“So we respect the Portuguese, and we have to work to confirm the odds.

“I’m very happy with the way we dealt with the past two games, for our spirit and approach. What I was interested in was seeing a team which is alive, the rest comes down to technical choices.

“We have a good Coach  who deepens our understanding and makes us better in these aspects.”

Buffon also spoke with Sky Sports and discussed this seasons title-race and the improvements made by Roma and Napol.

“Roma and Napoli, along with Juve, are the teams which have brought some very nice sporting duels in recent years,” Gigi told Sky.

“That means that the progress of these teams is significant, and I’m talking about Roma and Napoli, their projects are proving to be successful, or at least bringing good results.

“That’s why both teams have consistently been in second or third place.

“So for me it’s not a surprise, and indeed it’s a surprise to me whenever Roma slip-up or are stopped; because they’re a team who for many years have been very strong, very competitive.

“They have a great Coach, great players, a lot of experience and they don’t lack anything to try and win the Scudetto.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti