Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'No comment on De Rossi'

http://www.football-italia.net/90573/buffon-no-comment-de-rossi

Aug 29, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon believes there's 'nothing to say' on Daniele De Rossi being stripped of his captaincy at Roma.

The veteran midfielder took to the pitch against Cagliari yesterday, but the armband was handed over to Alessandro Florenzi instead of him.

Coach Luciano Spalletti later confirmed that it had been a disciplinarian move after De Rossi picked up a red card in the Champions League play-offs lost to Porto.

Buffon was asked what he thought on the subject, but he decided to respect his international teammate's intimacy.

“I have nothing to say,” the goalkeeper told Rai Sport. “These are locker room rules, and there's nothing to add.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Gigi Buffon Continues Juventus'

Rich Tradition of Iconic Goalkeepers

hhttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2659198-gigi-buffon-

continues-juventus-rich-tradition-of-iconic-goalkeepers?

Aug 30, 2016

Given the long and storied past of Juventus, it is little surprise that the club’s history is littered with the names of some true footballing greats, players who have helped La Vecchia Signora achieve unrivalled success in Italian football.

In this previous post, those who had donned the famous Bianconeri No. 10 were discussed; men like Michel Platini, Omar Sivori and Alessandro Del Piero making it one of the most iconic shirts in the game.

Yet perhaps another shirt at Juventus has a legacy to rival even that created by a plethora of Ballon d’Or winners, one which has consistently been worn by the best goalkeepers in history.

From the club’s earliest great accomplishments until the present day, the Old Lady has been home to the finest glovesmen in the world. Gigi Buffon might well be the greatest of all time, but he is simply following in the footsteps of some wonderful shot-stoppers who have delivered a trophy room full of silverware.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Every Quinquennio needs a safe pair of hands. Cue@gianluigibuffon and Gianpiero Combi.  #HI5TORY

Arguably the history of Juve’s No. 1 being vital began in the 1930, with Gianpiero Combi both playing in goal and captaining the team just as Buffon does today. He was a central figure in the first team to win five consecutive Serie A titles, a record which has yet to be broken but one the current Juve side has now equalled.

Born in Turin in 1902, he joined the Juventus youth ranks and eventually progressed to the first team, making his initial bow in a February 1922 match against AC Milan at the age of just 21. Despite standing a mere 1.71 metres (5'7") tall, he was strong enough to survive the kind of challenges that would be beyond more modern 'keepers.

After winning the 1926 Scudetto, that five-in-a-row would begin in 1931, the team conceding just 149 goals across those five championship seasons—compared to the 429 they would score themselves—thanks largely to Combi’s brilliance.

hi-res-8b68e108b282b86b01aad57f0e6cea6b_

David Cannon/Getty Images

But he did not feature in the last of those seasons, retiring after playing in the 1934 FIFA World Cup final which Italy won. Juventus would then struggle for a top-class goalkeeper for some time, with Dino Zoff’s arrival in 1972 eventually ushering in a new era of dominance for the Bianconeri.

Zoff had won the UEFA European Championship with Italy four years earlier, and much more silverware was to follow. A mere 12 months after arriving in Turin, he was voted second for the Ballon d’Or despite losing the European Cup final, his performances helping the Old Lady to a domestic double.

His 330 consecutive Serie A appearances with Juventus remains a club record, while only six players have represented the Old Lady on more occasions. But, as his career was drawing to a close, it was then that he shone brightest, captaining Italy to their 1982 World Cup win just as Combi had done before him.

His direct replacement at Juventus was Stefano Tacconi, a player who had none of the calm stoicism of his predecessor. The Perugia native was loud, brash and truly eccentric, qualities many argue are essential in a goalkeeper, and in the 1980s few possessed them in abundance like him.

Hyper-athletic and vastly underrated, Tacconi has received little recognition for a stellar playing career in which he won every trophy available. In nine years with the club he claimed two Serie A titles, the European Cup (1985), Cup Winners’ Cup (1984), UEFA Cup (1990), European Super Cup (1984) and Intercontinental Cup (1985).

Tacconi was also a member of the Italy squad that finished third in the 1990 FIFA World Cup, but it is the manner in which he kept goal that should always be remembered, the video above offering just a glimpse of his incredible ability.

Before he moved on, the Old Lady had already found a man to fill his shoes. Just as Tacconi replaced Zoff, he, too, would find a younger man waiting to take over, and Angelo Peruzzi was equally confident he could do so.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

#OnThisDay in 1992, Peruzzi made his Bianconeri debut in a 1-0 #CoppaItalia triumph over Inter. #ThrowbackThursday

Peruzzi's career to that point had been largely unremarkable, stints atAS Roma and Hellas Verona passing without any real merit, but he would soon make the Juventus No. 1 shirt his own.

Voted Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year in 1997 and 1998, Peruzzi won three Serie A titles, the Coppa Italia, two Supercoppa Italiana titles, the UEFA Cup, the UEFA Super Cup and the Intercontinental Cup, but he will always be remembered for his brilliance in the Champions League.

Marcello Lippi’s side had been in rare form leading up to the 1996 final, and when Fabrizio Ravanelli gave Juve the lead in just the 12th minute, it seemed they would beat Ajax handily.

But Jari Litmanen equalised just before half-time, the game eventually going to a penalty shootout. Peruzzi would save a tame first Ajax penalty from future team-mate Edgar Davids, then followed that up by denying Sonny Silooy’s spot-kick before Vladimir Jugovic drilled the ball low into the corner. Juventus were champions of Europe again at last.

Peruzzi would move on in 1999, but his replacement would not do so well. Edwin van der Sar is fondly remembered almost universally, but his time in Turin was hugely disappointing and lasted just two seasons.

EL MEJOR GOL DEL CRACK Marcelo Salas 06/12/98:http://youtu.be/njKDeY4xv-E  // feliz cumple ídolo.

He made some dreadful errors, including the one shown above against Marcelo Salas and Lazio that effectively ended his career with the Bianconeri. Van der Sar was sold to Fulham in 2001, paving the way for Gigi Buffon to join Juventus that same summer.

The club has not looked back since. The Italy captain has played almost 600 games for the Old Lady, coming to embody everything that the club represents, winning countless titles and setting a raft of records along the way.

Yet despite having clinched that record-equalling fifth title in a row and dominating the Calcio landscape, the 38-year-old remains thirsty for more, as he explained to reporters in Villar Perosa before the season began.

48885 - Gigi Buffon is the player to have played the most minutes for Juventus in their history (all comps). Legend.

“We’ve done so much as a team but there is still much more to achieve,” he said per Juve’s official website. “This club teaches you to never rest on your laurels. There are plenty of lessons to be learned from last season so we can avoid making the same mistakes again.”

His leadership is vital to that cause, never allowing complacency to creep into his team and always ready with an encouraging word. However, what stands out most of all is thatin his 15th year at the clubhe continues to be among the best in his position, always delivering a top save whenever called upon.

Having passed through Combi, Zoff, Tacconi and Peruzzi, the legacy of the Juventus No. 1 shirt now flows directly through Buffon. Peerless and fearless, he carries their traditions and greatness on his back with incredible grace and humility, adding to his own legend every time he steps on the field.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon hails ‘humble’ Balotelli

http://www.football-italia.net/90750/buffon-hails-‘humble’-balotelli?

Aug 31, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon describes Nice-bound Mario Balotelli as “humble”, Gianluigi Donnarumma “a chosen one” and ex-Juventus teammate Paul Pogba “a leader”.

Buffon was present alongside Italy boss Giampiero Ventura at Wednesday’s Press conference for the Azzurri’s friendly against France in Bari the following evening, and among the questions he faced was one about Balotelli’s impending move to Nice.

“There’s a new project, and we’re ready to make our quality available to the CT,” the veteran said.

“When you feel you still have something to give then you’re ready for a new project.

“It’s important to be mentally ready for a match like France-Italy.

“Balotelli made a humble choice [in joining Nice], he can demonstrate his talent there.

“This is the most difficult phase of World Cup qualifying in my career. Donnarumma is a chosen one.

“Pogba was a leader at Juve, he’ll be one Man Utd and more so for France.

“We have the desire to cry again, but [cry] with joy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Lopetegui: 'Reina best in Serie A'  :|

http://www.football-italia.net/90949/lopetegui-reina-best-serie

Sep 4, 2016

Spain Coach Julen Lopetegui claims Napoli star Pepe Reina “was the best goalkeeper in Serie A last season.”

The veteran turned 34 this week and celebrated with a recall for international duty.

“We cannot and do not want to close the door to anyone,” Lopetegui told Sport.

“I am the Coach of everyone and pay close attention to everything that happens in the world of football.

“There might be a difference of opinion, which of course has to be respected, but Pepe Reina was the best goalkeeper in Serie A last season.

“That is why we thought it was right to call him up.”

Spain are in the same 2018 World Cup qualifying group as Italy.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Ventura right for Italy'

http://www.football-italia.net/90955/buffon-ventura-right-italy

Sep 4, 2016

Gigi Buffon welcomed Leonardo Bonucci back to the Italy squad and called Giampiero Ventura “the right man at the right time.”

The opening 2018 World Cup qualifier against Israel kicks off in Haifa on Monday at 20.45 CET - 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT).

Buffon’s Juventus teammate Bonucci was not expected to take part, but arrived after news his infant son is on the road to recovery.

“We don’t want to get too much into private matters, but we are happy that things are going in the right direction,” said the captain in a Press conference.

“Leo arrived yesterday with his usual determination, passion and enthusiasm, bringing the right ingredients to face what I consider to be a very important game.

“Historically we struggle in friendlies and are not particularly impressive, but in the games that count – like tomorrow – we must find the right performance in the way we know how.”

Buffon has been in the Italy squad since 1995, so how is he settling in with Ventura?

“Without making comparisons, I think he is the right man at the right time. I don’t need to introduce our CT, as his story speaks for himself and above all the imprint you could see on his teams from miles away.

“That means he does meticulous daily work on the training ground and it’s not made up as he goes along. I admire Coaches who explain their ideas and have very specific plans.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Hollande 'thanked Buffon' for gesture

http://www.football-italia.net/90995/hollande-thanked-buffon-gesture

Sep 5, 2016

“Francoise Hollande thanked me for Gigi Buffon’s gesture,” revealed Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi after an Italy-France friendly.

At the Stadio San Nicola in Bari last Thursday, some fans began to jeer the French national anthem before kick-off.

Azzurri captain Buffon started to applaud instead and the vast majority of the crowd joined in to drown out the unsporting spectators.

The move from the goalkeeper was praised throughout the French media and seems to have gone all the way to the top.

“During today’s meeting, Francois Hollande thanked me for Gigi Buffon’s gesture of interrupting the jeers during the Marseillaise, calling the entire stadium in Bari to a great round of applause,” confirmed Renzi at the G20 summit in China.

“Sports personalities can do so much in terms of sending positive messages and teachable moments. Captain Buffon proved that and I think all of Italy should be proud of him.

“We have values that are far greater than the incivility of those who only know how to jeer.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Turn over new Italy leaf'

http://www.football-italia.net/91002/buffon-turn-over-new-italy-leaf

Sep 5, 2016

Italy captain Gianluigi Buffon urged people to “turn over a new leaf” and stop comparing Giampiero Ventura to Antonio Conte.

Ventura makes his competitive debut in tonight’s World Cup qualifier against Israel.

“We know that to qualify we need a big effort and great performances, because it’s going to be complicated,” the goalkeeper told Rai Sport.

“I think the time is right now to turn over a new leaf. To qualify for the World Cup, what we did in July is irrelevant. We have to add something more than we showed in the friendly with France.”

Leonardo Bonucci returns to the fold after taking time out to nurse his infant son.

“He is a guarantee who brings confidence and enthusiasm. I don’t want to get into private matters, but the fact he has joined us for this game means things are going better.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon makes Ben-Haim's night

http://www.football-italia.net/91015/buffon-makes-ben-haims-night

Sep 5, 2016

Italy captain Gigi Buffon gave Tal Ben-Haim the greatest compliment after the Israel star scored against him.

The Azzurri ran out 3-1 winners, but Ben-Haim found the net with a sensational lob from the edge of the box that flew into the far top corner.

According to Rai Sport, the pair met in the tunnel on the way off the pitch in Haifa after the World Cup qualifier.

Ben-Haim gingerly asked Buffon if he could perhaps have his jersey as a memento of the game.

Buffon replied that he ought to be asking Ben-Haim for his shirt considering the wonderful goal he scored.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon Champions League award

http://www.football-italia.net/91202/buffon-champions-league-award

Sep 10, 2016

Gigi Buffon has been voted the all-time best goalkeeper in the Champions League with 59 per cent of the vote.

The Juventus and Italy legend beat Bayern Munich’s Oliver Kahn in a final Twitter poll held by the official Champions League account.

Over 58,000 votes were cast over the course of the poll.

Shot-stoppers eliminated along the way include Peter Schmeichel, Angelo Peruzzi, Gianluca Pagliuca, Santiago Canizares, Edwin van der Sar, Fabien Barthez, Francesco Toldo, Iker Casillas, Jens Lehmann, Jerzy Dudek, Manuel Neuer, Victor Valdes, Petr Cech and Inter’s Julio Cesar.

Despite this award, Buffon has never been able to win the Champions League.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Donnarumma 'learns from Buffon'

Donnarumma-Buffon490epa_3.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/92496/donnarumma-learns-buffon

Oct 4, 2016

Gianluigi Donnarumma “wants to learn everything” from Italy teammate Gigi Buffon and promises you won’t see him with tattoos or diamond earrings.

The 17-year-old Milan shot-stopper spoke to TG1 about the upcoming World Cup qualifiers with Spain and Macedonia.

“I have a wonderful rapport with Buffon. In these first few call-ups he has given me so much. I follow his every movement in training, because I want to learn everything from him,” said Donnarumma.

What does he respond to people who call Donnarumma a goalkeeper destined for greatness?

“I try to work hard and do my best with great humility, because that is what my parents taught me first and foremost. My mother in particular always tells me to stay humble and behave well.

“My father continues to work as a carpenter, but he doesn’t want me to help him, as I’m not as good as he is in these matters.”

The family influence also means Donnarumma won’t end up like so many football stars covered in tattoos and bling.

“My father always says: ‘No tattoos and no earrings,’ so I will never have them!

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy desire beat Spain'

http://www.football-italia.net/92536/buffon-italy-desire-beat-spain

Oct 5, 2016

Gigi Buffon urged Italy to replicate the “passion and desire” that allowed them to beat Spain at Euro 2016 and joked about his “sell-by-date.”

“I don’t have a clear memory of the Euro 2016 meeting, as I cannot yet have that mental clarity to see it without the adrenaline attached,” said Buffon in a Press conference.

“We played in a very sprightly fashion, as a team that wanted to get the result at all costs. We must do the same tomorrow, as it is essential to have that type of passion and desire.

Spain will certainly be wounded by the memories of that Euros match and fired up, as they are in a new era, but the fact is so are we. That victory must not make us feel arrogant, as we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground and remember the humility that allowed us to win that game.

“The mental approach to the test, giving our heart and soul, is what got us the victory. We are a year and a half off the World Cup itself, but must have the clarity to realise how much this game is worth now. It won’t be decisive, certainly, but can help us measure our current status.”

How does Buffon feel about the fact Iker Casillas isn’t in the Spain squad anymore?

“It does seem very strange, but is also a sign that I can see too... That we are reaching our sell-by-date,” laughed the goalkeeper.

“We’re reaching the end of our careers, as is only normal, but I take it well. I know this is the life of a sportsman and as long as I can, I’m going to enjoy it as a protagonist. After that, I’ll be a spectator.

“Precisely because there isn’t much left for me, I want to focus exclusively on what is best for the team. I don’t want regrets and feel I can still improve. This is the only way I know to be happy.”

Alvaro Morata could be facing his former Juventus teammates tomorrow evening, though Spanish reports suggest Diego Costa will start.

“If Alvaro doesn’t play, I will to a certain degree be happy, as in important games he always manages to give that decisive swipe. If he is not there, then someone else will play who’ll undoubtedly be among the best strikers in Europe.

“Diego Costa was absent in Paris and Chiellini will be absent tomorrow, but there are another 10 players in each team. If we consider ourselves a team in every respect, it means we have important players who are not irreplaceable. The growth process also goes through these moments of difficulty.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Reina: ‘Buffon is an example’

http://www.football-italia.net/92565/reina-‘buffon-example’

Oct 6, 2016

Pepe Reina describes Gianluigi Buffon as “an example for any goalkeeper” ahead of Italy vs Spain tonight.

Buffon is the captain of both the Azzurri and Juventus, and will make his 164th appearance for his country tonight barring any last-minute surprises.

“At 38, Buffon remains one of the best goalkeepers around,” Napoli ‘keeper Reina told Marca.

“In Italy he’s a point of reference for all young people, and he’s in good form. I have a good relationship with him, despite the rivalry between Juventus and Napoli.

“There’s mutual respect, and on my part there’s a lot of admiration. He’s an example for anyone goalkeeper.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Daniele De Rossi forgives Buffon blunder:

Even the best make mistakes

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/story/2967135/italys-

daniele-de-rossi-forgives-gianluigi-buffon-blunder-vs-spain

Oct 7, 2016

Daniele De Rossi has forgiven Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon for his howler in the Azzurri's 1-1 draw with Spain, reminding reporters even the best players can make mistakes.

Spain went ahead on the day thanks to a rare Buffon blunder on 55 minutes. The legendary keeper charged out of his goal to meet a Sergio Busquets through ball only to completely miss his kick and allow Spain forward Vitolo to roll the ball into the vacant net.

De Rossi equalised from the spot in the 82nd minute to secure the point for Giampiero Ventura's side. And the Roma midfielder discussed the difficult match afterward.

"It was tough, above all the first half. Spain always control the ball, but in the first half we were too deep and allowed them too much possession. We were too weak in the tackle and then kept giving it back," the Roma midfielder told Rai Sport.

"The first half was bad. The second was better and we had a strong comeback, which is in our DNA. The draw isn't the best result, but I think the group that did well in Euro 2016 is still going strong.

"When you concede, it's normal that the attitude has to change. Before the goal we were too timid and weren't pushing hard enough.

"Spain are stronger in possession, but there are many different games to go, starting from the trip to Skopje. Many teams in our position would've lost, but we drew and at the end risked a winner. We got that intensity back.

"The best goalkeeper in history can make mistakes too, otherwise he'd be a machine. I'd have preferred he made a mistake for Juventus rather than Italy, but you can't have everything!sefz

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon blushes spared with Spain

A Gigi Buffon howler in the Azzurri’s stalemate with Spain proves to 

Giancarlo Rinaldi that anything can happen in football.

http://www.football-italia.net/92598/buffon-blushes-spared-spain

Oct 7, 2016

If you watch football long enough, I guess you will see everything. But when a monument of the Italian game drops a clanger that would embarrass the most inexperienced amateur, it still takes you by surprise. That Italy were somehow able to snatch a point after a once-in-a-decade-or-so blunder from Gigi Buffon speaks volumes about their collective resilience as a team.

In fact, if you did not know better, you’d suspect the Bianconeri legend had done it on purpose - such was the ineptitude and lacklustre nature of the Azzurri’s performance in the 50-odd minutes preceding Vitolo’s opening goal for Spain.

Possession is not everything, of course, but the visitors held so much of the ball that it appeared that their half of the pitch might remain untouched by Italian boots. Rarely in their history of counter-attacking play had the boys in blue been forced to watch an opponent pass the ball about quite so much.

After a gentle introduction in his first competitive match against Israel, this was a real in at the deep end scenario for new Italy boss Giampiero Ventura. It felt a bit like asking your kitchen porter to suddenly step up and produce Michelin star quality cuisine. In the end, he managed to put something on the plate, although most of us would have had a few reservations about its presentation and how it actually tasted.

He has worked on a softly-softly basis so far with a revolution - if you could even call it that - which has been very much of the velvet variety. His starting XI was so similar to his predecessor that if you closed your eyes all that was missing was Antonio Conte howling from the sidelines. Those hoping for a major overhaul - or accompanying rejuvenation - will clearly have to wait.

The most exciting inclusion was Alessio Romagnoli, asked to act as replacement for the suspended Giorgio Chiellini. The least thrilling was probably the return of Riccardo Montolivo, who lasted just half an hour before leaving on a stretcher. He may have touched the ball but, if he did, few of us noticed.

The first half was a traditional Spanish monologue, all neat passing and incisive runs without much genuine end product. Julen Lopetegui had hardly shaken things up either with his Roja line-up, but they still held the initiative for almost the entirety of the opening 45 minutes.

Before the game, Ventura had said the match would be all about the attitude his team showed on the pitch. If that was the case, he must have been raging when he got his hands on his players at the interval.

This was as slow and sluggish as they have ever looked and they sat so deep it sometimes looked like they wanted to keep the ball-boys behind the goal company. Even a coherent counter-attack was beyond them, as the team that Conte built looked more than a little ramshackle without his histrionic gesticulations to urge them on. It felt a bit like the new boss was trying to drive a second hand car, but the old owner had never let him in on the secret trick needed to get it started.

Italy only spluttered into life after the pivotal moment of their keeper’s air-swipe that gifted the opening goal. It convinced their Coach to ditch the ineffectual Graziano Pellè - who appeared to snub his manager’s offer of a handshake as he was substituted - and fling in the zesty Ciro Immobile. About 15 minutes later, Ventura went all-in by taking out another off-key performer in Marco Parolo and giving the Rooster - Andrea Belotti - his chance to crow. Eventually, it provided just enough fuel for the home side to gain a little traction in the match.

Perhaps Spain thought they had done enough and could control proceedings for a comfortable three points. Perhaps conceding the goal stung Italian pride. Or perhaps it was the fact that their substitutions had cut nearly 20 years off the total age of the team that finally gave the tifosi something to cheer. A side which looked like it had been picked with caution as its keynote, finally played with a little passion and panache.

It was enough to unsettle the previously untroubled opposition defence and a goal eventually came. It looked for all the world as if the referee had missed the contact on Eder as he nipped a toe to the ball just ahead of Sergio Ramos, but the official behind the goal spotted it and Daniele De Rossi duly converted the penalty.

A close off-side decision even later in the game denied Belotti the chance of capping his enterprising introduction with a match-winning goal. It would, in truth, have been very flattering for Italy.

Hopefully, Ventura will learn the lessons which this game afforded him - most clearly that carrying on exactly where Conte left off is not an option. Some players either raised their game for the bold Antonio or have gone off the boil entirely and deserve to be shelved. It is also clear that there is some fresh blood now ready to seize its chance if the Coach is brave enough to take the risk.

Romagnoli was a case in point as he produced as assured a performance as anyone in the team. Fans have been crying out for the 21-year-old to get his chance and there are more players the right side of 25 who deserve their opportunity too. Marco Verratti, Federico Bernardeschi and Domenico Berardi are among the players who can join the likes of Belotti in pepping up this team. They simply can’t afford to approach a game as they did the first half of their Thursday night encounter.

The good news, of course, is that they won’t face Spain every week, but failing to win their home clash with them could yet prove costly. It means they have to ensure they secure three points this weekend in Macedonia while hoping their countryman Gianni De Biasi can perhaps thwart Diego Costa and company with his Albania side.

That might well be a forlorn hope but, in football, we know pretty much anything can happen. Watching Buffon make an error which would not have looked out of place in a school playground was the ultimate proof of that.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

De Rossi: 'Buffon best in history'

http://www.football-italia.net/92589/de-rossi-buffon-best-history

Oct 7, 2016

Daniele De Rossi was pleased with Italy’s comeback to hold Spain 1-1 and forgave Gigi Buffon, “the best goalkeeper in history.”

Vitolo pounced on a rare Buffon howler to open the scoring before De Rossi converted a penalty in this World Cup qualifier in Turin.

“It was tough, above all the first half. Spain always control the ball, but in the first half we were too deep and allowed them too much possession. We were too weak in the tackle and then kept giving it back,” the Roma midfielder told Rai Sport.

“The first half was bad. The second was better and we had a strong comeback, which is in our DNA. The draw isn’t the best result, but I think the group that did well in Euro 2016 is still going strong.

“When you concede, it’s normal that the attitude has to change. Before the goal we were too timid and weren’t pushing hard enough.

“Spain are stronger in possession, but there are many different games to go, starting from the trip to Skopje. Many teams in our position would’ve lost, but we drew and at the end risked a winner. We got that intensity back.

“The best goalkeeper in history can make mistakes too, otherwise he’d be a machine. I’d have preferred he made a mistake for Juventus rather than Italy, but you can’t have everything!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Vitolo: 'Not expecting Buffon error'

http://www.football-italia.net/92591/vitolo-not-expecting-buffon-error

Oct 7, 2016

Vitolo confessed he “wasn’t expecting” Gigi Buffon’s error for the Spain goal in a 1-1 World Cup qualifier against Italy.

“The truth is in the first half we were pretty comfortable,” the forward told TVE.

“Buffon is a wonderful goalkeeper. I wasn’t expecting his error and he was not expecting me to get through.

“I had the chance to add a second goal as well, but it didn’t go well. This remains a very important point, especially as we were playing away from home, so are satisfied.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'One day I'll laugh...'

http://www.football-italia.net/92599/buffon-one-day-ill-laugh

Oct 7, 2016

Italy captain Gigi Buffon reveals what happened with that howler against Spain. “In 18 months, I might think back on it and laugh…”

The shot-stopper came rushing out to clear from Vitolo on the edge of the box, only to completely miss the ball and allow the opener in what would be a 1-1 draw.

“In 18 months, I might think back on it and laugh…” Buffon told reporters in the mixed zone.

“If it happens again in two or 20 days, I’ll laugh less. The trouble was I had too many ideas in my mind on how to kick the ball. I was afraid of kicking it straight at Vitolo, so I thought of passing it to a defender and in the middle I opened my foot too much for that complete mess.

“We managed to get the game back on track and my teammates were incredible, because after the goal we found a physical and psychological vehemence to get on level terms.

“It might’ve seemed impossible to manage that considering how the first hour went. This match will serve as a lesson and valuable experience, because we were too timid in the first hour.

“Yet after going behind, we proved that we could control the match and cause Spain huge problems. We must build from that fightback towards the World Cup.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Italy building new identity'

http://www.football-italia.net/92673/buffon-italy-building-new-identity

Oct 8, 2016

Gigi Buffon blasted Riccardo Montolivo boo boys and assured Italy are “building a new identity” with Giampiero Ventura ahead of the trip to Macedonia.

It follows on from the 1-1 draw with Spain, which saw Montolivo tear his anterior cruciate ligament, ruling him out for six months.

“I want to start off by wishing Montolivo all the best and a speedy recovery,” said the captain in tonight’s Press conference.

“I also wish to point out that I find it obscene people jeer Montolivo when he plays for the Nazionale, as this is a man who has always given heart and soul for the Italy shirt. He suffered several serious injuries on international duty, but has never held back for his country.”

There was a great deal of criticism after the Spain stalemate, as Italy allowed the Iberians to dominate possession.

“It’s true, for over 60 minutes we were too timorous. My error for the goal shook us up and we saw a different Italy, one that poured forward and refused to give in, even coming close to a victory at the end.

“We are building a new identity with Ventura and therefore need to start from the final 20 minutes against Spain, when we came out with a vehement reaction to going behind. We must start with that attitude rather than wait for a slap to wake us up.

“Macedonia are a decent side and we must treat them with respect, as they are no longer strangers to internationals. A victory would mean a great deal in terms of qualification.”

Buffon was asked how he saw his role shepherding the next generation of Azzurri into a new era.

“It is stimulating to help young players who want to make their mark and that is a big responsibility. However, I am first and foremost here to make saves…”

Being the captain also means dealing with bad behaviour, such as Graziano Pellè refusing to shake Ventura’s hand after he was substituted against Spain.

The Shandong Luneng striker has been dropped because of the incident and didn’t make the trip to Macedonia.

“Graziano was furious with himself, because he knew that was a silly mistake and a disrespectful gesture. We care for him and he is part of the group, but the final decision is down to the Federation and the Coach, of course.

“We players cannot interfere.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'More than Italy deserve'

Buffon-thumb-epa.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/92727/buffon-more-italy-deserve

Oct 9, 2016

Gigi Buffon said Italy “always give our heart and soul, perhaps getting better results than we deserve” after a 3-2 thriller in Macedonia.

The Azzurri were 1-0 up in Skopje through Andrea Belotti’s first senior goal, then conceded twice in two minutes to turn it around before Ciro Immobile’s late brace.

“It was a very strange game,” the goalkeeper and captain told Rai Sport.

“We took the lead and then didn’t control the situation in the opportune way, as we allowed our opponents too many scoring opportunities and that’s something we don’t usually do.

“Other than the result, we can take from this the fact we always give our heart and soul, which perhaps sometimes gives us better results than we deserve.

“(Giampiero) Ventura tries to help us by passing on his concepts and his way of interpreting football. At times we make mistakes, so some games that seem easy on paper get complicated.

“We now have seven points after three matches and that is something to build on.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

2ecg1uu.jpg

How to replace a living legend?

http://www.juvefc.com/replace-living-legend-2/?

Oct 10, 2016

Santo Buffon is rightly regarded as one of the greatest keepers of all time. His career at Juve has been a testament to loyalty, decorum, outstanding service and dignity. Nobody wants to consider his succession, but at 38 years of age, it is assuredly a major issue which Beppe, Paratici, Allegri, Agnelli and the club as a whole are facing with increasing pressure.

It is rare to find players at the very top who remain at one club for 15 years. When this occurs it is more often than not a sign of not just a special player but also a special man. Gianluigi’s bond with the club and the millions of Juventini world wide is unbreakable in many ways, for he will live long in the hearts of all who have witnessed his talent, devotion to the cause and unwavering ambassadorial quality. Not only has he consistently performed at the very highest level, he has also comported himself both on and off the field in such a manner which befits eternal reverence.

However, the clock is ticking. Whilst he is a freak of nature, and remains in fine form, at some stage we must accept that time will be called on the living legend’s playing career.

This is not intended to present as a eulogy, for I believe with firm conviction that he will remain our number one until the expiry of his contract in 2018. Zoff, a fellow juventino retired after a glittering career aged 41, after lifting the world cup in ’82.

Yes yes! He made a terrible error of judgment in the recent World Cup qualifier against Spain, yet before that moment we were pummelled by the slick passing of the filthy foes, barely showing spirit or confidence or any semblance of cohesion. It was only after that calamity that La Nazionale not only roused from their slumber but very much took the game to our opponents until the final whistle. I am not suggesting by any measure that it heralded the beginning of the end, the onset of old man time catching up with the Great Man’s mind. It was merely a useful catalyst to begin pondering our options for the future.

And so, rather than begin to cover his sterling career, allow my heart to relive the glory and the agony, expound the humble virtues of a player who transcends the prototype footballing mercenary, I aim instead to deliver a brief peek at the options for succession.

NETO

The Brazilian was brought in on a free transfer from Fiorentina in the Summer of 2015. It was a fair coup given how well he had performed during his four year spell in Florence. The discussions which were held during the negotiations must have included – we can assume – discussion of playing time; namely if he would have any chance of dislodging Santo Buffon. Why else would a first choice keeper, available on a free, with ambition and experience, move to any club to play second fiddle? Assurances must have been given of his games in the Coppa Italia and perhaps more. Possibly he rolled the dice of risk and decided to bed into the squad and wait for an opportunity which has never appeared. For the man on the throne has – thankfully – remained close to ever present. Which is yet another feather in his crown. His physical conditioning is superb!

In his debut season in black and white, Neto made 8 appearances. First choice for the title winning coppa italia campaign, yet only brought into the first XI other than which when Buffon was struggling with minor ailments. Thus far this term he has made just the one entrance into the field of competitive action, deputising for our Number One in the second half of the 4-0 drubbing of the Sardinians.

His agent, Stefano Castagna, recently made suggestion of agreements not being honoured…

This was not our agreement,”

“When Neto chose to join Juve and to come to Turin, a clearly defined path of growth was laid out.

“If they are now looking for another solution [as Buffon’s successor], we will have to find a solution.

“Neto asked in the summer if he could go and play somewhere else, but the club asked him to remain as Buffon’s understudy.

“He’s made himself available for the club, but in view of his own objectives with the Brazil national team I think there is every reason for him to find a new club in January.”

“Neto definitely married Juve because he considers them a top club, so he would leave with a heavy heart,” 

“But at this point, we need to sit around a table and clear everything up — for the good of Juve and to protect a professional who is appreciated by the whole of Europe and has all of his career ahead of him.

“Juve cannot play with the career of such a good player who all of Europe wanted.”

It is tricky at best to determine if Neto or any other has the potential to step into the holy boots, yet clearly he is a top drawer keeper. Unfortunately, his ambition to play, to forge a place in his national side and to feel the cut and thrust of regular first team action may not align with the form and longevity of the incumbent. I suspect we will try to loan him, for if the club have given any guarantees to the player it confirms that we value his services highly. How highly is another matter entirely. At 27, Neto is in a period of his career where he deserves to be playing, if he is to reach the heights to which he aspires. Unless given chances to gain match sharpness, to mesh with the defence and gain confidence and cohesion, he will push to leave.

PERIN

23 year old Mattia Perin appears the most likely candidate to usurp Buffon for La Nazionale. Given our proclivity to purchase Italians and the player’s age, I have an inkling that he is very high on our list of potential purchases. Much will depend on how he recovers from his ACL injury suffered in early 2016. He is now back as first choice for Genoa and faring well enough. I personally see him probably top of the list, for his natural talent is rather special, he plays for a club from whom he will surely move if his trajectory of form picks up where it left off last April and he is Italian. There are few goalkeepers of his quality plying their trade at provincial clubs domestically or further afield.

DONNARUMMA

The 17 year old appears ear-marked by Buffon to follow in his footsteps, at least with La Nazionale. Making his debut at 16, the huge 6ft 9 monster of a lad has made the number one spot between the sticks at AC Milan his own and whilst there are moments of impetuous youthful exuberance, his shot stopping, positioning and concentration are astounding for one of his tender years. His precocious talent, blessing from Buffon and choice of agent (Raiola) all place the shot-stopper high on the list of pretenders to the crown.

Donnarumma is a chosen one,’ Buffon said.

LEALI

Of our own flock, only Nicola Leali appears to stand any chance of finding opportunity in our first team. With a close to solid two seasons under his belt in the top tier, the 23 year old moved to Greek side Olympiacos in the Summer. Certainly his biggest test so far. It has taken a couple of months but Nicola was given the chance to impress in the Europa league recently and produced two sterling performances, one of which found him Whoscored Man of the Match (0-1 v Young Boys).

He has long displayed sublime reflexes and we must harbour hope of his continued blossoming. A return to Italy after Greece, perhaps to replace Neto as our number two, possibly beckons.

It remains to be seen whether the club are able to persuade any of the above to come in as a number two, for I find it hard to believe that Buffon will be ushered out of the first XI, for it will be his decision, his dignity and love for the club will make that decision when the time comes. Until which the club must focus sternly and without emotion on continuing to treat Buffon with the respect he deserves whilst also maintaining a keen eye on the future.

To find a world class reserve such as Storari is very tricky indeed, which leaves us likely having to groom our next number one carefully and intelligently.  Perhaps from afar in the shadows. Leali is the only obvious option to bring in as an understudy, yet the aura of training with and learning from a living legend may well lead to Perrin or Donnarumma appearing in the ranks next Summer.

We must savour every moment of our beloved Gigi…For it is once in a generation to find a player and a man of his calibre.

Forza Buffon

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Donnarumma could replace Buffon’

http://www.football-italia.net/92753/‘donnarumma-could-replace-buffon’

Oct 10, 2016

Napoli’s Scudetto-winning Coach Ottavio Bianchi claims Italy must start “thinking about” Gianluigi Buffon’s heir – and it could be Gianluigi Donnarumma.

Questions have been raised about Buffon’s longevity in the Italy set-up as his mistake cost the Azzurri a point against Spain last Thursday, and Bianchi feels Milan teenager Donnarumma should be allowed to challenge the Juventus goalkeeper, despite their age difference.

“It’s not too early to think of life after Buffon, there are some easy games and you have to think about the future,” he told Radio Radio.

“Buffon is, was and will be Buffon, but his age is what it is. There’s the opportunity to give others the opportunity of some international experience.

“I look at the present, not the past. On the pitch, they see him every day. If a 16-17-18-year-old player is doing better than a 40-year-old then it’s unacceptable that they don’t play [the teenager].

“We mustn’t only think about the dressing room. If we follow the conspiracy that a Coach creates problems if he leaves out a veteran then we can’t improve the game of football.

“Is Donnarumma able to take Buffon’s place? At Milan, he’s shown a lot and displayed character.

“If we want to work with the future in mind then we have to think about an alternative to a great player like Buffon.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

I hope Buffon stays at Juve until he's 50 - Nedved

The 38-year-old has enjoyed a phenomenal country with club and country,

but the ex-Bianconeri star hopes to see him remain in goal for another 12 years.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/10/11/28361302/-?

Oct 11, 2016

Pavel Nedved wants to see Gianluigi Buffon represent Juventus until he is 50.

Buffon is a legend at the Turin club, having racked up 465 league appearances since joining in 2001.

During that time the Italy goalkeeper has won Serie A seven times, the Coppa Italia twice and has also finished runner-up in the Champions League on two occasions, while he has lifted the World Cup crown with the national team.

At 38, Buffon is in the twilight of his career, but Nedved - a team-mate of Buffon's for eight years at Juve - sees no reason for him to start winding down just yet.

"When I see the passion with which Gigi is training I would like him to play with Juve until [he is] 50 years [old]," Nedved told iDNES.cz.

"When he came back from European Championship, he told me that he wants to go on at least until Russia 2018.

"He has always been the first in training, honest, perfect."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Nedved: ‘Buffon should play until 50’

Nedved-1610-Buffon-epa.jpg

http://www.football-italia.net/92780/nedved-‘buffon-should-play-until-50’

Oct 11, 2016

Pavel Nedved wants to see Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon play until the age of 50 - “he’s still the first to training”.

The former midfielder went to Serie B along with Buffon, and was asked if he finds it strange to see him, Claudio Marchisio and Giorgio Chiellini still playing.

“Not at all,” Nedved insisted, speaking to Idnes.

“They know how much I sacrificed in training, and now I can still see how much I care every day.

“I have the discussion with Gigi Buffon quite often: how to go even higher? How to be even better? All the lads who have come recently watch them open-mouthed, because they had no idea what Juventus means.

“It’s about a lifestyle, you’d be surprised by what we do in training and our intense preparation. Each of our opponents gives more than 100 per cent, so we have to be prepared.

“It’s impossible to explain it, you have to experience it.

“When will Buffon retire? It’s up to him! When he returned from the Euros he told me that he wants to go on until at least the World Cup in Russia.

“He’s still first to training, honest, practically flawless. When I see his passion in training, I want him to play until 50!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Buffon named latest recipient of Golden Foot award

The Juventus goalkeeper beat the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and

Wayne Rooney to the prize and will leave a permanent mould of his footprints in Monaco.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2016/10/11/28375872/-?

Oct 11, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon has been named the winner of this year's Golden Foot award.

The Juventus goalkeeper beat the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney to the prize in a vote by fans.

The Golden Foot is handed out to footballers aged 28 or over based on their athletic achievements and personality, with each winner leaving a permanent mould of their footprints on the 'Champions Promenade' in Monaco.

It is organised by the World Champions Club under the patronage of Prince Albert II of Monaco.

The other nominees were Edinson Cavani, Frank Lampard, Iker Casillas, Kaka, Thiago Silva and Andrea Pirlo.

The Golden Foot can only be won once, with Samuel Eto'o, Andres Iniesta and Didier Drogba joining the list of those honoured in the past three years.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon wins Golden Foot

http://www.football-italia.net/92790/buffon-wins-golden-foot

Oct 11, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon has beaten Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi to the 2016 Golden Foot, becoming the first goalkeeper to ever win the over-28s award.

Buffon was rewarded for a 2015-16 campaign that saw him win a Scudetto and Coppa Italia double in Juventus’ goal and reach the Euro 2016 quarter-finals with Italy, enough to see off Ronaldo and Messi, plus the likes of Andrea Pirlo, Thiago Silva and Wayne Rooney.

“Long live Monte Carlo, where I hope to win more awards. I hope that I’ve won this one on merit,” he told Calciomercato.

“The national team? The signs are positive, we have seven points that we don’t deserve, but it’s still a good thing.”

He added to Tuttomercatoweb: “Donnarumma? He’s a prodigious goalkeeper, he’s doing extraordinary things and I think he’ll have an extremely-prominent career.

“There are also other goalkeepers, however, who deserve to be nominated for what they’ve done in their careers.”

Past Italian winners of the award include Roberto Baggio (2003), Alessandro Del Piero (2007) and Francesco Totti (2010).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti