Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Gianluigi Buffon

130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Unlikely to play past 2018’

http://www.football-italia.net/95695/buffon-‘unlikely-play-past-2018’

Dec 14, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon says there’s “only a remote possibility” that he’ll play beyond the 2018 World Cup.

The Juventus and Italy goalkeeper plans to retire at the end of next season, following the World Cup in Russia when he’ll be 40.

“Let’s just say that’s the idea and I’m quite convinced of it,” Buffon told Mediaset.

“There’s only a remote possibility that I’ll play one more season, and it’s only me and the President [Andrea Agnelli] who know what that is, but it’s unlikely to come true.”

Buffon finished ninth in this year’s Ballon d’Or, and admits he’s honoured just to have made the top 10.

“It’s a beautiful thing. To finish in the top 10 at 39 is very pleasing, even if the one who really smiles is the person who wins [Cristiano Ronaldo] the rest of us participated.”

Gigi Donnarumma is seen as Buffon’s heir in the national team, would he recommend him to Juventus too?

“I’d recommend him to any team that needs a goalkeeper,” Buffon said.

“He’s outstanding, it’s impossible not to be struck by a player like that.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'I'm easier to criticise now'

http://www.football-italia.net/95793/buffon-im-easier-criticise-now

Dec 17, 2016

Gigi Buffon told L’Equipe about his sense of loyalty to Juventus, passion playing for Italy and why he is now “easier to criticise.”

The Azzurri captain is the only Serie A and Italian representative in the top 20 for the Ballon d’Or, coming in at a very respectable ninth place.

“I don’t get downhearted after a mistake, because everyone can make one or two a year – but not more,” Buffon told L’Equipe.

“When I made one error, it was suddenly treated as a disaster and people said I was getting old. I am easier to criticise because I’m 38 now, but the truth is I made mistakes at the age of 30 and 25 too.

“I am very self-critical. If I one day believe that my errors are because I am no longer nimble or not reading the situations properly, then I’ll be the first to put my hands up and retire. The truth is that criticism motivates me and when I no longer feel that rage to prove myself, it'll be time to quit.

"The plan is to hang up my gloves after the 2018 World Cup. If I'm able to play in six World Cups, then I'll be happy."

Buffon was last in contention for the Ballon d’Or when Italy won the World Cup in 2006, but that summer he decided to drop down into Serie B with Juventus anyway.

“I stayed because I have certain values in my life, such as the sense of belonging and gratitude towards a club, squad and fans who always behaved fairly with me.”

The goalkeeper wears the captain’s armband for both Juve and Italy, where at Euro 2016 his passionate rendition of the national anthem created new fans.

He also gained praise and even thanks from the French Government after sparking a round of applause to drown out jeers during the French anthem ahead of a recent friendly.

“When I was younger, I didn’t sing with quite the same conviction. It’s only natural, people mature and see things differently. Today the national anthem represents so much more to me.

"It's stupid to jeer the anthem when there was so much sacrifice behind it. Jeering an anthem is like humiliating your mother or father.

“It’s inevitable that a player also needs to be a role model and I do take that responsibility seriously, but it’s also true that one shouldn’t exaggerate the importance of a footballer in society either.

“I raise my children, it’s not Gonzalo Higuain, Gigio Donnarumma or Alessandro Del Piero who raises them. Parents can use player’s behaviour or situations to discuss life situations with their children, but that cannot be considered the basis of a child’s upbringing.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Verratti and Balotelli for Italy'

http://www.football-italia.net/95801/buffon-verratti-and-balotelli-italy

Dec 17, 2016

Gigi Buffon trusts Marco Verratti and Mario Balotelli have a bright future ahead of them for the Italy squad and looked back over his career.

The Azzurri and Juventus captain spoke to French newspaper L’Equipe. You can read the rest of it here.

“I have met few lads as genuinely nice as Mario,” said Buffon of the OGC Nice striker.

“I get angry when I hear people speaking ill of him, because he is truly a guy with a heart of gold. He is generous, young and everyone loves him. He’s only 26 years old and can play for another 10 years.

“As for Verratti, he’s an incredible talent. He started his season at Paris Saint-Germain on shaky ground because of his injury, which made him miss Euro 2016, but he’s getting back to his level now. If he doesn’t start every Italy game, it’s just because there’s a certain Daniele De Rossi there too.

“I think Verratti will become the leader and captain of Italy in future. In fact, I’m certain of it. I hope to be at the 2018 World Cup with him.”

Buffon will be 40 years old when that tournament takes place in Russia.

“When I look back over my past and think of my Serie A debut, I realise how far I’ve come. Who knew I’d have reached this level of my career?

“Physically I am actually in better shape than in previous years, but the difference is in the mind. Motivation keeps me going. If I had to think of the sacrifices to be made, it’d kill me psychologically.

“It’s easy to prepare for big games, but keeping your concentration in the fixtures that on paper aren’t as difficult is where the real problem lies.

“The same goes for staying at one club for 20 years. It’s a real strain to see the same people and places every day. Routine is the opponent you need to defeat, enthusiasm is the trophy you must find to feel fulfilled.

“Changing a club every three years is easy, but I didn’t do it because I built my career on certain values, including a sense of belonging and gratitude. Having said that, if Juventus weren’t a top club, I probably wouldn’t have remained for 20 years.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

'I might retire at 65' - Buffon intends to keep on playing

The Italy goalkeeper is adamant he is not contemplating hanging up

his gloves any time soon as he is still enjoying himself at Juventus.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/12/19/30655812/-

Dec 19, 2016

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has made it clear retiring is not on his mind just yet and has joked he could play on until he is 65-years-old!

The Italy international will turn 39 in January and has a contract with the Serie A champions until the end of next season.

However, Buffon, who has previously suggested he would call time on his career after the 2018 World Cup, is adamant he still feels young and plans to keep going for the forseeable future.

"I still do not feel like an old guy at the age of 38," Buffon told Tuttosport.

"Will I say farewell to the game in 10 years' time or in 15 years' time? Who knows, I might retire at the age of 65...

"I have not lost an awful lot in my life, but the defeats have taught me more than the victories. Whenever I lose, I focus on the ability of my opponent and on the mistakes I made.

"Not looking for excuses is the right thing to do. I have made a lot of mistakes and I still make mistakes, but I am not ashamed to look for the reasons behind those mistakes.

"I turned down drugs when I was 13. A guy in Parma offered me them to have a bit of fun. I said no and three years later he died of an overdose. I believe in doing the right things, that is my character and personality."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Defeat teaches you more’

http://www.football-italia.net/95902/buffon-‘defeat-teaches-you-more’

Dec 19, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon reveals “defeats have taught me more than victories” and admits “I have fear of making mistakes”.

The Juventus and Italy captain has been one of the best goalkeepers in the world for the last 20 years, and looked back on his extraordinary career in an interview with Tuttosport.

“At 38 I still don’t feel like an adult,” Buffon explained.

“I believe everyone has a duty to find their own way out, because if you can do that you’ll have immense respect.

“In my life I haven’t lost much, but the defeats have taught me more than victories. When I lose I focus on the skill of my opponents and my mistakes. The correct way is not to look for excuses.

“I’ve made endless mistakes, and I still make them, but I’m never ashamed to reveal the reason for my mistakes.”

Buffon’s longevity has been put down to his professional approach, and the veteran reveals he’s always been that way.

“I refused pills when I was 13. A lad in Parma offered them to me for fun, I said no and three years later he died of an overdose.

“With my character and my personality, I chose to believe in the right things. With sport I carry around the idea that nothing is obvious or impossible.

“Dreams have to be nurtured, but you have to create balance and harmony within yourself and want to suffer. I’ve realised that you have to do something extra to improve yourself to reach your goals.

“I’m almost 39, but if I think that at 31 I injured my back and many said that I’d never return. I was lucky, but also determined to even surprise myself.”

Finally, the Bianconeri captain discussed his advice for younger teammates.

“I’ve always had respect for opponents, you can’t demand it if you’re not willing to give it, but I never let my head go down.

“I often tell my younger teammates: don’t believe anyone who tells you that they’re never afraid.

“I myself have fear of making mistakes. Fear is the most important thing in games, the thing that motivates me is finding the courage to defeat it.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Reflecting on Gigi Buffon's Career as He

Makes His 600th Juventus Appearance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2684216-reflecting-on-gigi-

buffons-career-as-he-makes-his-600th-juventus-appearance

Dec 29, 2016

Gigi Buffon wouldn't have envisioned it playing out that way, but his 600th appearance for Juventus ended in a loss. The Bianconeri skipper has enjoyed some memorable moments during his time with the club, but his latest landmark saw him lose a penalty shootout and the Supercoppa Italiana to AC Milan.

In what felt like a passing-of-the-torch moment, it was Rossoneri goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma who became the hero, palming away Paulo Dybala's spot-kick with a wonderful save.

That left Buffon to collect a runners-up medal while the 17-year-old lifted the trophy and strengthened his case as the outstanding candidate to replace the Italy No. 1 when he finally hangs up his gloves.

Move to Man City or stay in Milan? Gianluigi Buffon has some brotherly advice for Donnarumma. #MCFC

"After the game, he hugged me and complimented me for winning my first trophy," Donnarumma told reporters after the game per Football Italia. "We worked so hard and improved so much, this victory is thanks to all that work."

Yet while the youngster gleefully celebrated with his team-mates, the man on the losing side of this result was not too downhearted. Buffon has never accepted defeat, but he understands that it helps make players stronger, as he explained during a recent interview with Tuttosport (h/t ESPN FC):

I have not lost an awful lot in my life, but the defeats have taught me more than the victories. Whenever I lose, I focus on the ability of my opponent and on the mistakes I made.

Not looking for excuses is the right thing to do. I have made a lot of mistakes and I still make mistakes, but I am not ashamed to look for the reasons behind those mistakes.

That knowledge has been gleaned from a stellar career that began back in 1995 with Parma. Like Donnarumma, he was a teenage prodigy who delivered on his immense promise, winning the Coppa Italia, UEFA Cup and Supercoppa Italiana before moving on in the summer of 2001.

On this day in 2001, Gianluigi Buffon joined Juventus from Parma for €53m.

Juventus paid a fee that remains a record for a goalkeeper even now, 15 years after he was brought in to replace Edwin van der Sar. After a few initial struggles, he adapted to life with the Old Lady and went on to build a reputation as one of the best-ever to stand between the posts.

Doing so for Juventus has not been easy. Starting with GiampieroCombi, who was part of the side that dominated the 1930s, the Bianconeri have been home to some talented shot-stoppers.

The legacy began by Combi was passed on to Dino Zoff, Stefano Tacconi and Angelo Peruzzi, but Buffon has arguably surpassed them in terms of both ability and accomplishments over the last two decades.

He continues to amaze those who work alongside him, with Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri stunned by the performance of his captain in a win over Empoli back in early November last year.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Every Quinquennio needs a safe pair of hands. Cue @gianluigibuffon and Gianpiero Combi.  #HI5TORY

"I'm lucky enough to coach Buffon," the coach told Sky Italia (h/t FourFourTwo). "He's the best goalkeeper of all time."

While that opinion is of course subjective and difficult to disprove, Allegri is certainly not alone in thinking that his skipper is indeed an all-time great.

Having given him instruction early in his career, former Parma goalkeeping coach Fabrizio Paese discussed Buffon's continued brilliance during a lengthy interview with the TuttoJuve website (h/t Football Italia):

Gigi has always been very strong in terms of character.

What he's doing surprises even me a little. He's not rare, he's unique. They've probably thrown away the mould and won't be able to make any more Buffons.

I've been amazed by his performances, but the thing that's so incredible about what he does is his reflexes.

Usually when someone is his age, with more experience they improve their positioning, but he's unique in terms of his reflexes.

His team-mates agree, whether they have played alongside him for years or just a few months.

"Gigi is simply number one. He's the best in the business," Paul Pogba told Mediaset Premium (h/t Goal) before he left for Manchester United, while Andrea Pirlo perhaps went even further.

"I'm lucky to have played with him since we were 15," the former Italy international midfielder told Sky Italia last September (h/t Football Italia). "For me, he's unique and perhaps the best goalkeeper ever. Watching him playing and training is awesome."

It was high praise indeed from a player who knows Buffon better than most, but even new arrivals at Juventus quickly understand just how important the captain has become as he sets the tone for the entire squad.

_u5FZerJGFYbEb8w.jpg

The Buffon show vs Lyon. Simply incredible. Legend.

One of his more memorable performances of recent months came in October's 1-0 Champions League victory away at Olympique Lyonnais. Thanks to the string of impressive Buffon saves shown above, the Bianconeri took all three points despite being down to 10 men when Mario Lemina was sent off.

"Gigi once again proved he's always there," Miralem Pjanic told Mediaset Premium (h/t Football Italia) at full-time. "It makes no sense to doubt him, as he is so important for Juventus and Italy. He's a great guy, a great goalkeeper and a key figure for us all."

That has undoubtedly been the case for so long, and the list of trophies Buffon has won in Turin almost defies belief. Nine Serie A titles (two of which were revoked) plus one Serie B crown, two CoppaItalia triumphs and five Supercoppa Italiana victories make up his resume, with a record 167 caps for Italy and a World Cup win for good measure.

hi-res-b70ab962692d68d2c8ef18a702a2ee13_

MICHAEL PROBST/Associated Press
Buffon celebrating Italy's 2006 World Cup triumph.

Yet the absence of a European trophy is clearly glaring, something Buffon appears to have a burning desire to correct as soon as possible. In both 2003 and 2015 he lost in the final, but he admitted in an interview with Sky Italia (h/t Goal) this summer that lifting a Champions League title is a genuine aim:

It would be amazing to win something that we have been missing for many years. This is the goal for the board, the squad and also for me.

At the end the day, nothing would be more beautiful than winning something that we have failed in many times. Especially for those people who have experienced important moments in Bianconeri history.

Through to the knockout rounds once again, Buffon will hope that chance awaits him in 2017 as his career is clearly winding down. Over 100 times he has stepped on to the field and heard that haunting theme ring out around him, yet he has not claimed ultimate victory in the continent's elite competition.

100 - Tonight Gianluigi #Buffon will play his 100th Champions League game - he has kept 42 clean sheets so far. Legend. #JuveOL

He deserves the chance to do so, and Juventus owe him that opportunity as payment for a stellar career with the club.

Patrice Evra agreed, telling the official UEFA website that he wants to help his team-mate achieve his goal this season and that his talent has earned his adulation:

I was surprised to hear that Gianluigi Buffon had never won this competition. He deserves it. When I arrived here, I knew Gigi Buffon because I had watched him on TV, but when you train with him, when you play with him, you think: 'Woah! What a player!' The older he gets, the better he gets. I think that he makes some saves now that he didn't make when he was 18.

Juventus supporters everywhere would share those thoughts, and it would be a far more fitting sendoff than the defeat that marked his 600th appearance.  

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon's Champions League dream

As Gigi Buffon approaches the closing stages of his career, 

Nick Valerio looks at his quest to win the one trophy he craves the most. 

http://www.football-italia.net/96213/buffons-champions-league-dream

Dec 30, 2016

Seven Serie A titles, one Serie B championship, three Coppa Italia triumphs, six Supercoppa wins and two Champions League runners-up medals.

Despite all the accomplishments and personal accolades, there remains a burning sense of disappointment for a perfectionist, desperate to cap a sparkling career with the one honour that’s so far eluded him.

For Gianluigi Buffon, “nothing would be more beautiful than winning something that we have failed in many times. Especially for those people who have experienced important moments in the Bianconeri's history.”

The veteran has been at Italy's most successful side since 2001 and has experienced it all.

Buffon has a trophy haul matched by few, but will be remembered more fondly for his loyalty to Juventus in 2006, which saw the Bianconeri embroiled in Calciopoli and subsequently demoted to Serie B.

Along with the likes of Alessandro Del Piero, Pavel Nedved and David Trezeguet, the stopper sacrificed a year of his career and forfeited at least two seasons of Champions League football, at a time when domestic counterparts Milan were thriving on the European stage.

Buffon, of course, had his suitors, notably rivals Milan and Inter, but was unwavering and remained devoted to securing immediate promotion back to the top flight.

The Old Lady achieved their goal at the first time of asking on May 19 2007, a mere four days before Milan won their fifth and most recent Champions League trophy, emerging 2-1 winners against Liverpool.

The Rossoneri were also the source of Juventus and Buffon’s heartache in the Final four years previously, as the teams met in an underwhelming match eventually settled by penalties.

While the stopper will have no regrets turning down a lucrative move, it must be acknowledged how Milan have uniquely impacted on his career, both denying him in the 2003 showpiece, but also as the side who offered him the golden opportunity to accomplish his last goal.

Buffon’s second shot at glory came against Barcelona in June 2015. On this occasion, Juventus came up against the irresistible front three of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, and while his teammates put up a respectable fight, there was ultimately only one winner.

This campaign, the Bianconeri find themselves in a good position, having achieved qualification top of their group and paired with Porto in the Round of 16. Buffon and company will look on poised, aware they now have the tools to compete with anyone in Europe.

The Italian Champions have an extremely shrewd model, financially sustainable, as demonstrated with the signings of stars Miralem Pjanic and Gonzalo Higuain, but also attractive enough to appeal to serial winner and multiple-trophy collector Dani Alves on a free transfer. Rather poignantly, the evolution is now complete: from rehabilitating a club to rubbing shoulders with the very best.

Juventus no longer have the inferiority complex that Antonio Conte alluded to. The former boss often struggled in Europe, managing only a quarter-final and group stage exit.

Compare and contrast to his successor, Max Allegri, who has embraced Europe with open arms. Allegri bested Real Madrid over two legs to reach the 2015 Final and comfortably dispatched the much-fancied Borussia Dortmund.

His side have earned the right to consider themselves a favourite for this year’s tournament and it wouldn’t come as a surprise if Gianluigi Buffon held aloft his holy grail on June 3 in Cardiff.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon not yet

decided on retirement date - agent

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/juventus/story/3030345/juventus

-gianluigi-buffon-not-yet-decided-on-retirement-date-agent

Jan 2, 2017

The agent of Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon says there is no date set for when the 38-year-old will retire, although playing at the 2018 World Cup with Italy remains an objective.

Buffon, who turns 39 at the end of the month, has long stated his desire to bow out with success with his country in Russia, although the form and shape he is currently in suggests he could carry on playing even beyond then.

Buffon, who was won 167 caps for Italy, has featured in 15 of Juventus' 17 Serie A games this season, and five times out of six in the Champions League.

"It's something that I cannot answer," Buffon's agent Silvano Martina said when asked about his client's retirement date by ItaliaCalcio24. "He has already stated that his objective is the World Cup and then we will see. Obviously he is not going to carry on playing for another 10 years, though, that's for certain."

Italy seem well prepared for Buffon's retirement with AC Milan's 17-year-old keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma tipped to succeed him.

"He's got great quality and he's doing great at Milan," Martina said. "There are other great young goalkeepers who are interesting and have huge potential like [Genoa keeper Mattia] Perin. There are some promising players, some of whom are playing at the lower levels, who will have a thing or two to say in the coming years too."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon and Bonucci in UEFA team

http://www.football-italia.net/96433/buffon-and-bonucci-uefa-team

Jan 5, 2017

Gigi Buffon and Leonardo Bonucci of Juventus have made it into UEFA’s Team of the Year for 2016.

The Italy and Bianconeri stars were the lone Serie A representatives in the line-up.

Goalkeeper Buffon will turn 39 later this month, but his performances in the group stage earned him the gloves in UEFA.com’s poll.

He was joined by centre-back Bonucci, who was flanked by Sergio Ramos, Jerome Boateng and Gerard Pique.

Real Madrid and Barcelona dominated the rest of the side, including Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Cristiano Ronaldo, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi.

Atletico Madrid and France star Antoine Griezmann completed the XI.

UEFA Team of the Year: Buffon; Ramos, Bonucci, Pique, Boateng; Modric, Kroos, Iniesta; Messi, Ronaldo, Griezmann

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Milan turned down Buffon

http://www.football-italia.net/97534/milan-turned-down-buffon

Jan 28, 2017

Gigi Buffon turns 39 today, but it was almost very different for the Juventus goalkeeper, as it’s revealed Milan turned him down.

The shot-stopper started his career at Parma and became the most expensive ‘keeper of all time when moving to Juve for the equivalent of €53m in 2001.

“Buffon is the best out there today and yes he is a relative of mine,” 87-year-old Milan legend Lorenzo Buffon told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I took him to Milan when I was a talent scout and they decided against signing him for their academy.”

Now the Rossoneri have Gianluigi Donnarumma, believed to be Italy’s heir to Buffon and Dino Zoff.

“I advise Donnarumma to work hard. I like that he doesn’t make spectacular saves for the sake of it, just like Zoff. Zoff was the best along with Lev Yashin, who I was fortunate enough to meet.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Inter in better form than Real Madrid

& Barcelona, warns Buffon

The Italy shot-stopper is wary of the threat posed by Stefano Pioli's men,

who are closing in on 10 consecutive victories and nine points behind Juve.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2017/01/29/32090872/-

Dec 29, 2016

Gianluigi Buffon has warned that Juventus must respect Inter, noting that the San Siro outfit are currently enjoying a better run of form than the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Juventus extended their lead at the top of Serie A to four points with a 2-0 win over Sassuolo on Sunday and their next outing comes in a week's time against Inter on February 5.

Stefano Pioli's side are in tremendous form and stretched their winning streak to nine consecutive games in all competitions with a 3-0 victory against Pescara on Saturday. 

They must contest a Coppa Italia quarter-final against Lazio prior to their upcoming meeting with Juve, but Buffon remains wary of the Nerazzurri, who came out on top when the sides met last September.

"Now we'll play against Inter, whose form right now is better than Barcelona and Real Madrid's," the 39-year-old told Sky Italy after his side's win over Sassuolo.

"It will be difficult, we respect them. They are strong and they proved it in the first match of the season."

Juventus' win over Sassulo at the Stadio Citta del Tricolore came thanks to goals from Gonzalo Higuain and Sami Khedira.

The result means that the Bianconeri have pulled away - temporarily at least - from second-placed Roma, who suffered a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Sampdoria.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon 'could play on after 2018'

http://www.football-italia.net/97892/buffon-could-play-after-2018

Feb 4, 2017

Gigi Buffon “could continue playing after the 2018 World Cup,” said his agent, but Gianluigi Donnarumma won’t be his Juventus heir.

The Italy shot-stopper turned 39 last month and has made his plans for the future clear.

“He wants to reach 2018 and the tournament in Russia,” Silvano Martina told Rai Sport.

“Considering his spirit, his current form and the love he has for this sport, it’s very possible he could continue playing after the World Cup.”

Another former Juventus legend, Dino Zoff, won the 1982 World Cup at the age of 40.

There have been reports that 17-year-old current Milan star Donnarumma is Buffon’s heir both for Italy and Juventus.

“It’s not easy to take players away from a big club like Milan,” noted agent Martina.

“Everyone keeps saying he could leave, but Donnarumma’s intentions count for a lot here and he seems to be showing great love for Milan.

“Anything could happen, I don’t know, but quite frankly the impression I get is that Donnarumma will remain at Milan.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus go for De Gea in 2018?

http://www.football-italia.net/98177/juventus-go-de-gea-2018

Feb 10, 2017

French and English newspapers suggest Juventus are targeting Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea to be Gigi Buffon’s heir.

The Italy legend is expected to retire after the 2018 World Cup, having just turned 39 last month.

According to both Le Figaro and The Sun, Juve directors have set their sights on De Gea for the summer of 2018.

The Spaniard has been repeatedly linked with Real Madrid and only failed to complete the transfer last year when their fax machine broke down.

He left Atletico Madrid for Old Trafford in July 2011 for circa €25m and is under contract until 2019 with an option to extend for another year.

It would be relatively unusual for Juventus to choose a foreign goalkeeper as their first choice.

The favourite to replace Buffon in the long-term is Gianluigi Donnarumma, but Milan have no intention of losing their teenage star.

Another option that has long been mentioned is Genoa’s Mattia Perin, currently recovering from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Juventus must be angry’

http://www.football-italia.net/99059/buffon-‘juventus-must-be-angry’

Mar 1, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon warns Juventus need “competitive fury” to reach their objectives this season.

The Bianconeri are looking to win a sixth Scudetto in a row, as well as aiming to finally get their hands on European silverware.

“The win over Napoli showed that when we push the accelerator we have incredible power,” Buffon told JTV.

“I’m proud to play in a team like this, because we reacted after the first half, we were able to react like a great team.

“If we want to succeed though, we can never let that competitive edge drop, we’ll need to be like [Mario] Mandzukic and take him as an example, he’s an aggressive gorilla, he never drops off.

“A competitive fury is essential to anyone like us who wants to win. You can’t always have it, otherwise teams like Barcelona would win in Europe for 10 years in a row, but it’s crucial.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon & Totti level on appearances

http://www.football-italia.net/99274/buffon-totti-level-appearances

Mar 6, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon drew level with Francesco Totti in terms of Serie A appearances this weekend, taking his total to 612.

The goalkeeper started for Juventus in their 1-1 draw with Udinese, whilst Totti was an unused substitute in Roma's 2-1 defeat to Napoli.

The veteran pair are joint third in the list, and are closing on former Inter captain Javier Zanetti, who made 615 outings for the Nerazzurri.

Further ahead in first place is Milan legend Paolo Maldini, who made 647 outings in the heart of the Rossoneri defence.

Whilst Totti has already celebrated his 40th birthday back in September 2016, Buffon only reached 39 this January and looks set to surpass the Roma captain in the standings.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Abbiati: 'Donnarumma can be Buffon heir'

http://www.football-italia.net/99364/abbiati-donnarumma-can-be-buffon-heir

Mar 8, 2017

Former Milan goalkeeper Christian Abbiati believes that Gianluigi Donnarumma 'has everything' to be the heir to Gianluigi Buffon.

The 39-year-old made 281 appearances for the Rossoneri before his retirement last season.

His 18-year spell with the club also included a period on loan with Juventus, a side which he believes 'always struggle' against Milan.

But what are his successor's best qualities?

"Donnarumma has everything to be the heir to Buffon, the athleticism, quality and character," Abbiati told TuttoJuve.

"He's only 18 years old, has huge room for improvement. Certainly the expectations are very high, but he’s proving his value in every game.

“He’s a humble guy, very quiet and likes to work because he knows he has to improve and always wants to do better. I see no obstacles."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Treble is difficult’

http://www.football-italia.net/99375/buffon-‘treble-difficult’

Mar 8, 2017

Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon warns the treble is “difficult” and reveals he “wholeheartedly” supported Napoli last night.

The Bianconeri are eight points clear at the top of Serie A, hold a 3-1 lead in the Coppa Italia semi-final and are in pole position to reach the Champions League Quarter-Finals.

However, the goalkeeper is keen to avoid expectations getting out of control.

“‘Treble’ is a challenging and difficult word to say,” Buffon told Mediaset Premium.

“I think you really do need to think big, but you need to keep your feet firmly planted on the ground too.

“Nothing should be ruled-out for teams like Juventus, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich; but always with our feet firmly on the ground and working with a lot of humility.

“If you say humble, no dream is out of reach, but if we only win the Scudetto then it wouldn’t be a disappointment.”

Buffon also revealed he was cheering on Napoli in their Champions League defeat to Real Madrid last night.

“Napoli excited me, I say this in no uncertain terms and with no reservations, I was cheering for them wholeheartedly, just as I did in the first leg.

“I respect them so much, they have a very good Coach [Maurizio Sarri] and a really nice style of play.

“They played on par for 50-55 minutes and only specific moments meant that Real got a big win.

“That shouldn’t detract from the value of Napoli, and the fact that I was inclined toward Napoli and behind them.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: ‘Shut up, go home and improve’

http://www.football-italia.net/99379/buffon-‘shut-go-home-and-improve’

Mar 8, 2017

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon hits back at recent controversy - “shut up, go home and improve”.

Following the Bianconeri’s recent wins over Inter and Napoli, there has been outrage over refereeing decisions, and the Italy captain has called for an end to it.

“I’ve often found that questions from journalists or articles in the media are designed to create bad feeling or tense situations, to get under the skin of fans,” Buffon explained to Mediaset.

“In this case, no, the opposite happened. The media has been very good at relieving tension and we insiders must examine our own conscience.

“We need to do that because I’ve seen interviews which made me feel gruesome, creating controversies out of things which were almost non-existent.

“I can understand controversy over things which are true, but with these things you need to shut up, go home and improve.

“If you want to create non-existent incidents and wave the white handkerchiefs, that means you’re completely out of order and I can’t appreciate or respect you.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon 'horrified'
by Inter Milan interviews

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/italian-serie-a/story/3078473/juventus

-gianluigi-buffon-horrified-by-inter-milan-interviews

Mar 9, 2017

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon says he has lost all respect for Inter Milan given the way they responded to losing to the Bianconeri last month.

The Nerazzurri were critical of referee Nicola Rizzoli's performance in the Derby d'Italia, which they lost 1-0. Their official club television channel showed footage they say backed up their claim that the referee had favoured the home team and made mistakes which went against them.

A war of words between the two clubs ensued and Buffon says he was shocked by the lengths Inter went to try to prove a point.

"Some of the interviews I read really horrified me," Buffon said in La Gazzetta dello Sport. "I cannot appreciate anybody who creates controversy over things which do not exist. I can tolerate controversy over things which truly happened, but not over inexistent things.

"In cases like these, you just need to keep quiet and admit you need to do better. If your objective is just to make your fans wave their white handkerchiefs out of protest, then you're really going in the wrong direction entirely and I cannot bring myself to appreciate or respect you."

Buffon had warm words for Juve's Serie A title rivals Napoli, on the other hand, praising their performance against Real Madrid on Tuesday night, which he says he watched as a true Napoli fan.

"I got really enthusiastic watching Napoli," he said. "I supported them with all my heart. They are a side I rate very highly. They have a very good coach and play nice football. It's great that a team which does not have individuals who compare with the ones Real Madrid have were able to hold their own for 55 minutes with only a few breaks ensuring that Real won by such a big margin in the end.

"And the fact that I naturally felt a desire to support Napoli also pleased me because it means I still have my sanity, and this is very important."

While Napoli's participation in Europe was ended on Tuesday, Juve remain in the hunt for Champions League glory this season. They host Porto next week in the second leg of their round-of-16 tie with Porto having won the first leg 2-0 in Portugal.

The quarterfinals are therefore within touching distance for the Bianconeri and Buffon says a club of Juve's stature should always be aiming for the best possible result.

"Saying the word 'treble' is difficult, but we have always got to think big because we are Juve," Buffon said. "At the same time, though, we need to keep our feet firmly on the ground and be very humble.

"If you are able to dream big while maintaining this humility, then nothing can be ruled out, but that is not saying that without a treble, we would be disappointed."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

2wg6lhu.png

Gianluigi Buffon wants to avoid "dangerous" Leicester City

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leicester-city/champions-league

/news/buffon-wants-to-avoid-dangerous-leicester_293832.html

Mar 15, 2017

Tifosibianconeri English page - CLICK HERE

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has admitted that the one team he wants to avoid in the last eight of the Champions League is English champions Leicester City.

The Foxes pulled off another famous victory on Tuesday evening by overcoming Sevilla 2-0 at the King Power Stadium, sealing a 3-2 aggregate win and a place in the quarter-finals of the showpiece competition.

Juve eased their way past Porto, meanwhile, progressing 3-0 over the two legs to remain on course for a second final appearance in the space of three years.

Ahead of Friday's draw for the next round, Buffon confessed that he fears facing Leicester more than any other side remaining in the competition.

"Who do I prefer not to play? Leicester, because they are a dangerous and passionate team who can cause trouble for opponents who take the initiative," he told reporters. "Against them, we would have everything to lose."

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich are the other teams already in the hat for the next round.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Cannavaro: ‘Buffon deserves CL’

http://www.football-italia.net/99744/cannavaro-‘buffon-deserves-cl’

Mar 16, 2017

Fabio Cannavaro believes Juventus captain Gianluigi Buffon “deserves to lift the Champions League”.

The Bianconeri qualified for the Quarter-Finals with Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Porto, with the goalkeeper stating afterward that he wants to avoid Leicester City in the next round.

“Gigi is superstitious, he says that but deep down he’d like it,” Cannavaro explained to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“It would mean that in the Quarter-Finals, Juve would have an excellent chance of continuing their journey. At this point only the best go through.

“Juventus aren’t lacking anything to reach the final. I hope they do, Gigi deserves to lift the Champions League, after winning everything else.

“[Massimiliano] Allegri has the team defending as 11, so it’s not just the - excellent - defensive line which counts, but also the more aggressive attitude of the team.

“Can the veterans be decisive? Definitely, because in these matches there’s a particular nuance, and those with experience know how to read moments of the game better.

“Above all [Andrea] Barzagli and [Giorgio] Chiellini might be more fresh now after their injuries earlier in the season.”

Cannavaro was then asked who he believes will be the biggest challengers to the Old Lady.

“I’m not saying anything new if I say the Spanish teams and Bayern [Munich]. Carlo Ancelotti has been able to relieve the pressure at Bayern Munich, they’re not favourites but they play really good football.

“Instead it’s Barcelona who are favourites after their spectacular comeback against Paris Saint-Germain. So far [Lionel] Messi hasn’t been at his best, but if he wakes up…

“[Diego] Simeone’s Atletico [Madrid] are a tough opponent for anyone, even if they have a little less quality and Real [Madrid] aren’t as spectacular as in previous years, but they’re solid because they have a very strong defence and midfield.”

As a Neapolitan, the former centre-back was asked about Napoli’s exploits in the Champions League this season.

“Napoli still aren’t on that level, they had some pretty good performances but Madrid are on a higher level,” Cannavaro said.

“Right now the Champions League can’t be taken from the big clubs with higher turnovers and the best players.

“As mad as it sounds to say, for the growth of the club it might be better to aim to win the Europa League. That would be a big step forward, not a step down, for the Azzurri.

“I know what the fans think, and it’s always nice to see Napoli in the Champions League, but it’s about taking it step-by-step. Right now Napoli can’t win the Champions League.

“Juventus? They’ve dominated the League for six years, and that’s not good. The Champions League matches are at the highest level, and it’s not easy to step it up.

“It’s not just in Italy though, the Leagues are over in Germany and England too. We’re going more and more toward an elite football, in which the average clubs struggle to keep up not just technically, but in terms of budget.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon set for fresh Juve record

http://www.football-italia.net/99787/buffon-set-fresh-juve-record

Mar 17, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon could break another Juventus record this weekend against Sampdoria, reports suggest.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the legendary stopper is second only to Giampiero Boniperti in number of minutes played for the club.

The prolific forward played 15 seasons for the Bianconeri between 1946 and 1961, winning five Serie A titles and two Coppa Italia trophies.

Boniperti currently holds the record with 39,680 minutes in black and white, whilst Buffon is just 64 minutes behind with 39,616.

With 65 minutes needed to break the record, Buffon could overtake the 88-year-old Piedmont-native this Sunday, or may have to wait until the opening minutes of the next fixture away to Napoli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Evergreen Buffon sets another Juventus record

that leaves Del Piero and Zoff in the shade

The legendary goalkeeper has now taken in more Serie A minutes for

the Turin giants than any other player in the club's illustrious history.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/683/main/2017/03/19/33803712/-

Mar 17, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon’s place in Juventus folklore is already secure, but the iconic goalkeeper seems set on claiming as many records as possible before hanging up his gloves.

He claimed another one on Sunday in a Serie A meeting with Sampdoria.

During that contest, Buffon reached 39,681 minutes of competitive action for Juve in the Italian top-flight.

Nobody in the Turin giants’ illustrious history can match that haul, with some legendary figures such as Alessandro Del Piero and Dino Zoff now cast into the shade of an imposing figure.

Buffon’s first Serie A minutes for Juve arrived on the back of a record-breaking transfer from Parma in 2001.

He has been a model of consistency since then, with few injuries having held him back in the 16 years that have followed.

The 39-year-old would have broken Juve’s top-flight minutes record before this point had the club not been forced to spend the 2006-07 season in the second tier.

He is there now and as he closes in on 500 Serie A appearances for the Bianconeri, he will be looking to end the campaign with an eighth title win to his name.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: CL win motivates me

http://www.football-italia.net/99932/buffon-cl-win-motivates-me

Mar 20, 2017

Gianluigi Buffon admits that a Champions League win is 'what motivates' him 'to keep playing.'

Time is running out for the 39-year-old, so Juventus must advance beyond Barcelona in the quarter-finals next month in order to take a step closer to realising this aim.

The Carrara-native broke the record for most number of minutes played for the Bianconeri this weekend, but how would he describe his role in the team?

"A goalkeeper must be a masochist," Buffon told Kicker magazine. "As a role, it can be likened to that of the referee. He has the power to command, but can only concede goals, can not score, and must endure constant insults.

"Psychologists should study this role, as it is so contradictory. For me to make a mistake is a shock. It takes me days to recover. I envy those who do not commit more… for them the shock is not so great.

"For years, I have wondered what pushes to keep playing. This inner battle gives me stronger motivation. If I had won the Champions League I would be empty: the thought spurs me on."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130799 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Buffon: 'Foreign investors bad for Italy'

http://www.football-italia.net/99933/buffon-foreign-investors-bad-italy

Mar 20, 2017

Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon insists that an influx of foreign investors is 'bad for Serie A'.

The Bianconeri are still owned by the Agnelli family, whilst Roma and Inter have been taken over by foreign owners.

Milan are the latest club attempting to tie down a deal for the club with a Chinese consortium, so what does the 39-year-old think about it?

"Foreign investors in Serie A? Roma with the Americans, the Milanese with the Chinese ... it’s bad for Italy," the Italian international told Kicker magazine. "It is a setback for our football and our traditions."

Buffon has previously spoken about his battle with depression, and he again revealed that he fought against it without the aid of medication.

"Depression? It was crucial not to take medicine. I was the architect of my own destiny, without depending on drugs."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti