Sunday, november 10th 2019 - 8:45 p.m. CET

7.45 p.m. UK time - 6.45 p.m. GMT

Allianz Stadium - Turin
Referee: Fabio Maresca

Sarri: 'Juve thank Ronaldo'

224048689-e912d875-cb0c-4c9b-b57c-58608f

https://www.football-italia.net/146311/sarri-juve-thank-ronaldo

Nov 10, 2019

Maurizio Sarri said Juventus “can only thank” Cristiano Ronaldo for pushing through pain to play and explained the on-going knee injury.

The Bianconeri needed a victory to go into the break for international duty as Serie A leaders, following Inter’s win at Hellas Verona, and they achieved it with substitute Paulo Dybala’s moment of magic against Milan.

Sarri raised eyebrows by substituting Cristiano Ronaldo after just 55 minutes, days after replacing him against Lokomotiv Moscow, a decision CR7 did not seem happy with.

“We must thank Ronaldo, because he made a sacrifice to be there at all tonight in a difficult situation. He did everything possible to play, but I saw he was not well and thought it best to take him off,” Sarri told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s only natural a player is going to be irritated to leave the pitch, especially when he worked so hard to be there. Over the last month, he has had this little knee problem, he had a knock in training and it hurt the collateral ligament. When he trains at high intensity or plays, it unbalances him, so he ends up overcompensating and it damages the calf and thigh muscles.

“It is affecting his performances and he is not at his best at the moment. All players who are trying to give their best will have at least five minutes of being annoyed when they are substituted, but a coach would in general be much more worried if he didn’t seem upset.”

Juventus are top of the table again, but once more they only managed to win by a one-goal margin.

“I liked the spirit of the team, but we have to improve immensely in terms of quality, as we made too many mistakes, gave the ball away cheaply and opened up spaces for Milan. The hunger and determination to win is what kept us going.

“Milan had shots on goal, but they were almost all efforts from outside the penalty area. They have impressive passing quality, played clearly above their average performance level of this season and have strong technique.

“Gonzalo Higuain isn’t scoring as much as he did in the past, but he is working hard to help the defence, combines better with his teammates and is always ready for the assist.”

15,872 posts

the temptation to start a discussion in this section is quite big, as I am suspecting that the Italian section is flooded with trolls 

• Haha 1

116,671 posts

Home

No Juve in new FM title

La Juve cambia nome anche a Football Manager: si chiamerà 'Zebre'

https://www.football-italia.net/146407/no-juve-new-fm-title

Nov 13, 2019

Juventus’ exclusive partnership with Konami means they will also be missing from this season’s edition of Football Manager.

Juve caused shockwaves in the gaming industry over the summer as it emerged EA Sports had lost the rights to use the club’s licence in FIFA 20.

Now, Calcio e Finanza reports the Bianconeri will not officially be included in Football Manager 2020, due to be released on November 19. 

Instead, they will go under the guise ‘Zebre’, which refers to the Old Lady’s black-and-white stripes.

Juve are referred to in the latest version of FIFA as ‘Piemonte Calcio’, named after the region they are based in.

However, like the EA Sports title, Sports Interactive will be allowed to use Maurizio Sarri’s squad as normal.

Konami’s deal with the Scudetto holders this season mean they will only appear as Juventus on Pro Evolution Soccer.

116,671 posts

Home

Platini slams 'rubbish' VAR

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor platini il var é una cagata

https://www.football-italia.net/146573/platini-slams-rubbish-var

Nov 18, 2019

Former Juventus star Michel Platini has again hit out at “rubbish” VAR and is ready to return to football after serving his four-year ban for corruption.

Platini has been a long-time critic of VAR, and he appeared on Itallian television last night to reaffirm his stance on the technology.

“You need half an hour to explain why it won’t solve anything,” he said during an episode of Che tempo che fa, promoting his new book ‘The King is Naked’.

“I’m against VAR, I think it’s rubbish and we’ll unfortunately never come back from it.”

The Frenchman was banned from football in 2015, when he was still UEFA President, after he received a ‘disloyal’ payment from then-FIFA chief Sepp Blatter.

However, he is now free to work in the sport again, and he confirmed he was seeking “one last adventure”.

“At 64, I’ve got time for one last adventure, but I can’t make a mistake, I really have to think about it.

“I suffered for a month, then I thought about how to defend myself.

“After being acquitted by a Swiss court, I now have the opportunity to explain how things went down.”