Vai al contenuto
Socrates

Giorgio Chiellini

130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini back for Germany?

Jun 25, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini is reportedly on track for involvement in Italy’s semi-final this Thursday, despite suffering a thigh strain only a week ago.

The Juventus man picked up the first degree strain in his left thigh when in action for the Azzurri in their final group game of Euro 2012 last Monday against the Republic of Ireland.

The injury forced the player to sit out Sunday evening’s quarter-final win over England and there were doubts about his ability to recover in time for the semi-final and even final, should Italy make it.

First degree strains usually require 20 days to recover from, yet the player has already returned to training, having taken part in running and ball-work exercises this morning with Italy’s other players who did not play last night.

Italy face Germany in the second semi-final of the competition this coming Thursday night at the National Stadium in Warsaw. The final will be held next Sunday at the Olympic Stadium in Kiev.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini 'has recovered'

Jun 27, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini “has recovered from his injury and could be on the field against Germany,” announced his agent.

There were reports the Juventus and Italy defender had made a rapid recovery after his thigh problem against the Republic of Ireland.

“I can say that Giorgio has recovered from his injury, is back at Cesare Prandelli’s disposal and could be on the field against Germany,” Claudio Chiellini told Sky Sport Italia this afternoon.

It is a big boost for the Azzurri, who face Germany in the Euro 2012 semi-final on Thursday evening.

“I hope that he can start, but this depends on the Coach and the system he decides to pick, especially considering the number of absentees out wide.

“He is coming off a very delicate injury and the medical staff helped him recover in record time. Tomorrow I’ll fly out with most of my family to be at the game with Germany.

“Last night I dreamed I was on the field as well!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini: 'Dream isn't over'

Jun 28, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini admits it was “a dream” just to be in the semi-final after his injury and now Italy “want to lift that trophy.”

The Azzurri defender went off during the Republic of Ireland game with a thigh problem and many thought his tournament was over, but he played the whole 90 minutes of this 2-1 semi-final win over Germany.

“To be honest, 10 days ago it was just a dream to be here and I must thank the medical staff for getting me back so quickly.

“We are certainly living a dream and with us millions of Italians. We want to keep dreaming and make it come true on Sunday. We will enjoy this victory for a few more minutes, but then our thoughts go to the Final.”

Germany had won their last 15 competitive matches in a row, but confirmed their tradition of never beating Italy in a major tournament.

“Tradition or not, the present is what counts and we believed from the start. I don’t know about others, but we were convinced we could win this game and had everything to trouble Germany.

“It’s natural they have great players and were dangerous, but we defended well and in all honesty 3-0 would’ve been a fitting result,” said Chiellini.

The Azzurri now face Spain in the Final on Sunday in Kiev, a repeat of their opening group game that ended 1-1.

“This was a stepping stone and now we have the final peak to conquer. We believed in this dream from the start to the 95th and now we want to lift that trophy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini: 'Spain are only human'

Jun 30, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini is confident Spain “are only human and we can beat them” in tomorrow’s Euro 2012 Final.

Italy drew 1-1 with the reigning World and European Champions in the group phase on June 10, but they face off again in Kiev on Sunday.

“They are only human and we can beat them,” smiled the Juventus defender.

“Tomorrow we’re not going into the game to take revenge on anyone, but to make our dream come true.

“Even through the fatigue, we can always find the energy to play a Final.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini: 'We were shattered'

Jul 1, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini reveals he suffered the third different thigh strain of the last six weeks. “There was no time to recover.”

The defender limped off in the opening minutes of the 4-0 defeat to Spain in the Euro 2012 Final.

“There is certainly bitterness at the way the match went. We were tired beforehand, as shown by my injury and that of Thiago Motta, as it’s not easy to recover in two days from an intense game like the one against Germany,” Chiellini told Rai Sport.

“Spain absolutely deserved to win, but it’s a shame we were unable to play the way we did in the group game.

“In any case, nobody can doubt the effort we put in, as we have worked so hard and should still be proud of this tournament. It represents a starting point for our future, when we will aim to win.”

Chiellini looked tired and off the pace during the opening goal, when Cesc Fabregas burst past him to set up David Silva, and went off injured soon after.

It is his third thigh strain over the last six weeks, as Chiellini was also injured before the competition and in the Republic of Ireland game.

“The fatigue of Thursday that led to the thigh strain – which is in a different place to the one against Ireland – showed my muscles just weren’t able to recover.

“For many of us, this was the most important game of our careers. We really thought we could win this trophy and make the dream come true, but we have to admit Spain deserved the victory.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini injury test results

Jul 3, 2012

Tests have revealed Giorgio Chiellini suffered a second degree calf strain during the Euro 2012 Final between Italy and Spain.

The defender started that match in Kiev, but limped off after just 21 minutes.

Juventus medical staff today ran a series of tests on Chiellini’s latest injury and confirmed a second degree strain at the top of the left calf muscle.

This is the kind of injury that would usually keep a player out for around three to five weeks, so could affect his pre-season training and presence at the Italian Super Cup against Napoli next month.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini out of Super Cup Final

Jul 4, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini will miss the Italian Super Cup Final against Napoli because of injury.

The stopper limped out of Sunday’s Euro 2012 defeat to Spain with a calf strain that will require 40 days out.

The centre-back, who can also be used as a left-back, will thus take no part in the August 12 Coppa Italia re-match in Beijing.

His absence could open the door for Lucio to make his competitive appearances for the club given that he is expected to complete his move to Turin after leaving Inter on Friday.

Thanks Prandelli! :103:

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Chiellini diagnosed with calf injury

The Juventus defender sustained a muscle strain in the Euro 2012 final against Spain

on Sunday, and now faces a spell on the sidelines after undergoing medical tests.

Jul 4, 2012

Juventus coach Antonio Conte will possibly have to make do without the services of Giorgio Chiellini in the opening weeks of pre-season due to the defender being diagnosed with a calf injury.

The centre-back picked up a knock in Italy's 4-0 loss against Spain in the final of Euro 2012, and was forced to leave the pitch after only 21 minutes of play due to the problem.

Chiellini has since undergone tests to determine the extent of the injury, and has been diagnosed with a second degree calf strain.

"Giorgio Chiellini was today in Turin to undergo an ultrasound scan after picking up an injury during Sunday night’s Euro 2012 final against Spain," an official statement on the Juventus website reads.

"The defender has sustained a first-to-second degree tear of the medial gastrocnemius muscle in his left calf."

The injury could keep Chiellini out of action for up to five weeks, meaning that he could be a doubt for the Supercoppa Italiana season curtain-raiser against Napoli on August 11.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Juve compensation for Chiellini

Jul 5, 2012

Juventus will receive financial compensation from UEFA for Giorgio Chiellini’s calf injury picked up whilst on international duty.

Part of the Memorandum of Understanding signed in March between the European game’s governing body and the Europe Club Association saw UEFA agree to cover the cost of wages over enforced periods of absence at club level which were the result of injuries picked up at international level.

Chiellini picked up a second degree calf strain just 21 minutes into Italy’s Euro 2012 final with Spain and has been ruled out for between three and five weeks.

Reports indicate that as a result, the club will receive as much as €420,000 in compensation from UEFA, an amount equivalent to the defender’s wages during this anticipated period of recovery.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini's recipe for success

Sep 4, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini returned to action for the first time since the Euro 2012 Final and gave his “recipe for success: Humility and desire to win.”

The Juventus defender has been sidelined since pulling a muscle in Italy-Spain back at the start of July and made his comeback in Sunday’s 4-1 win at Udinese.

“Personally I was a little tense after two months out, especially as I had only been training with my teammates for 10 days and hadn’t played any real friendlies either,” he told Juventus Channel.

“However, once I was on the field I immediately felt positive sensations and the tension transformed into concentration.

“It is tough to be in the stands, because you see the others playing and wish you were there with them.

“I have always set myself the target of 300 games for Juventus. I am on 247 now, but 300 means entering into the history of a club and having experienced a chunk of your life with them.”

Juve won the Scudetto unbeaten last season and have started on the right foot again, notching up two consecutive victories.

“We have to maintain intact that humility and desire to win. Naturally it also requires tactics and the players, but we had those in other seasons too. The first two elements are the real recipe for success.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Zeman’s last chance, says Chiellini

Sep 25, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini has told Roma boss Zdenek Zeman that he will only be considered a great when he starts winning.

Speaking to the Messaggero, the Juventus stopper congratulated the tactician for his entertaining brand of football but questioned his lack of honours.

“He has always taught the verb of football and his sides have always played with spectacular style,” the centre-back noted.

“However, you can only become a great when you win things – it is the same for us players too.”

The 65-year-old, who employs a 4-3-3 formation, is back in the top flight after he led Second Division outfit Pescara to promotion last season.

“He has a great squad at Roma today and it is one that could still improve,” continued the Italian international.

“The youngsters there can still grow and he can develop them to his liking. However, I’d say that this was his last chance to succeed at the highest level.”

In a coaching career that has spanned over 30 years, Zeman has won one Serie C2 and two Serie B titles.

Zeman is an unpopular figure at Juventus given his criticism of the club over the years. This morning Sampdoria boss Ciro Ferrara, a former Bianconero, hit out at the tactician too.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Chiellini: We want to start a winning era at Juventus

The defender is keen to establish a period of Bianconeri dominance in Italian football,

whilst revealing that the squad remain fully in support of suspended coach Antonio Conte.

Sep 25, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has issued a warning to the club's rivals, insisting that the Serie A champions want to begin a winning era in Italy.

The Old Lady are currently on an incredible 43-match unbeaten run in the Italian top flight, and have taken maximum points from their opening four league matches this season, whilst they battled back from two goals down to draw with European champions Chelsea in their opening Champions League fixture.

However, Chiellini has stressed that the Bianconeri must not rest on their laurels, and feels they must build on their recent success to establish a period of dominance in the game.

He told Il Messaggero: "We think we are a stronger team compared to last year, but we must not relax for a second.

"For the players, the Juventus of Capello was a stronger team than us, that one was a team formed by football superstars. We, instead, have improved in a short time. We want to open a cycle as Inter did after Calciopoli."

Juventus will be forced to spend most of this season without coach Antonio Conte on the sidelines, after he was issued a 10-month global ban from football in the wake of the Scommessopoli scandal.

Chiellini admits that his presence on the touchlines is a huge loss, but that the team are fully in support of their coach and are desperate for success in his absence.

The 28-year-old said: "We are all with him. I thought we would not, but we miss him so much on the bench.

"He transmits grit to us with his words and also he knows how to solve difficult situations during the game. To win without him on the bench would be something incredible."

There have been suggestions within the Italian media that Conte could watch Tuesday's match with Fiorentina from the stands, and Chiellini said that he did not foresee a problem should their boss wish to attend.

"He can't watch the match seated in the main stand in Florence stadium? [Owners Diego and Andrea] Della Valle, except in the Berbatov case, have always behaved like gentlemen with Juventus. I do not see why he should not be there," he continued.

The Italy defender also refused to be drawn on the issue surrounding Lazio midfielder Stefano Mauri, who escaped similar punishment to Conte in the aftermath of the match-fixing scandal earlier this year.

"The fact is that Mauri is innocent until someone brings evidence to the contrary," he added. "Before making hype more evidence is needed. It

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Juventus have rediscovered taste for Champions League, says Chiellini

The Bianconeri have returned to Europe's premier competition after two seasons

in the wilderness, and the defender is eager to make up for lost time.

Oct 1, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has spoken of his excitement as the club prepare to host Shakhtar Donetsk in the first Champions League game at their new ground.

The Turin giants moved to Juventus Stadium at the start of last term and stormed to the Serie A title, securing a place back in Europe's top competition after a two-year absence.

"The first game in the Champions Leauge in the new stadium will certainly be emotional for us all," he told reporters at a press conference.

"It has been hard to be just spectators in recent years, but we got a taste for it again in London [against Chelsea a fortnight ago]. We want to show the whole of Europe what we can do.

"We don't plan on going out in the group stage, or even qualifying for the Europa League. We always aim high."

The Italy international went on to warn of the threat posed by the Ukrainian champions, who reached the quarter-finals of the competition two years ago, eventually losing out to Barcelona.

"We are playing a side I think are very strong and generally underestimated," he continued.

"They play in Ukraine and are maybe not so well-known, but I can assure you at least half would be first-teamers in many European sides and we will need the best possible Juventus against them.

"It's a decisive game because a win can put you into a favourable position. We are not favourites for this game or this group - Shakhtar have been in the Champions League for years and have gained a lot more experience than us."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini prepared for Italy ‘snub’

Oct 10, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini says he’ll accept the decisions of Italy boss Cesare Prandelli amid reports that he won’t start against Armenia.

The Juventus defender can play in the middle or as a left-back, but whispers indicate that the Azzurri will start with Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci in the centre, with Mimmo Criscito set to be fielded on the flank.

“Sitting on the bench wouldn’t cause me any problems,” Chiellini noted on Wednesday. “There are a lot of very good players in this squad.

“The CT knows me very well, he has some excellent alternatives and he’ll make the decisions. I’m not worried.”

Responding to claims that Chiellini is best suited to a three-man defence, he stated: “The perfect system doesn’t exist, it is all about the interpretation of the players.”

The former Livorno and Fiorentina player is back in action after picking up an injury at Euro 2012, but not everyone is convinced of his form.

“If you’ve seen my games since I returned, I don’t think my performances have been below the norm,” he added.

“Perhaps people are judging my displays on one or two incidents.”

The stopper also spoke about the big match between joint leaders Juventus and Napoli once Serie A resumes on October 20.

“We respect them,” he added. “They are a great reality of the game, a great club, with great players and a great Coach.

“It’s like Juve-Milan or Juve-Inter. However, the result of the game won’t decide anything in terms of the championship.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

logo.png

Chiellini: 'Rest did me good'

Oct 16, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini claims the rest did him good, although against Denmark Italy “made life complicated for ourselves.”

The Azzurri were under intense pressure in the first 15 minutes and Chiellini almost gave away a goal with a poor backpass, but they eventually emerged 3-1 winners.

“Paradoxically in about 20 seconds either side of the break we made life complicated for ourselves,” he said referring to a Danish goal and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo’s red card for lashing out an elbow.

“We had a great second half with 10 men, though in a way we were more solid and ran fewer risks in that period. We barely risked anything at the back after the opening 15 minutes. Denmark are a very physical side and can make it tough for you.”

Italy are now four points clear at the top of World Cup qualifying Group B with 10 points from four games.

“This is a very balanced group, as you can see from the other results, but now we have to do well in March and June to further extend that lead.”

Chiellini was left on the bench for Friday’s 3-1 win in Armenia and he understands Cesare Prandelli’s reasoning.

“Of course I wanted to play in Armenia, but we are a strong squad and unfortunately only 11 can start. It’s not easy to choose, but after the injury over the summer and all those games I played with Juventus, the rest was really good for me. I think everyone could see I had a different pace tonight.”

The Juve defender also assured it is not a problem that teammates Gigi Buffon and Claudio Marchisio picked up injuries while on international duty, just before Saturday’s Scudetto clash with Napoli.

“When we are here we give 100 per cent for Italy and do not think about saving ourselves for our clubs.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Chiellini: Inter deserved to win

The defender says Juventus did not do enough to continue their unbeaten run

and paid tribute to the efforts of Andrea Stramaccioni's side.

Nov 5, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini says Inter deserved their victory on Saturday, after they came from behind to beat the Bianconeri in Turin.

The Serie A leaders went into the game hoping to extend their 49-match unbeaten streak in the league, but were beaten after a Diego Milito double and Rodrigo Palacio strike cancelled out Arturo Vidal's first minute opener.

"In all honesty, I expected them to man-mark Andrea Pirlo, but wasn’t sure if it’d be Fredy Guarin or Palacio," Chiellini told reporters.

"That’s how they approached Fiorentina with Coutinho coming back, but this time they seemed to alternate.

“Inter are very strong on the counter and until we kept our balance to lock down those spaces, we were in control and had the chances to add a second goal.

“As soon as we lost our unity and started to leave more spaces, Inter took advantage and deserved the victory.”

And though disappointed to taste defeat in the league for the first time since the 2010/11 season, Chiellini remains confident of continuing what has been a strong start to the season.

“Tomorrow we’ll analyse the game and try to work out the mistakes we made to ensure they don’t happen again," he stated.

“We are still top of the table and in the Champions League, so we have a lot to give.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

‘Chelsea win best of Conte era’

Nov 23, 2012

Juventus’ 3-0 win over Chelsea in midweek was the best performance since Antonio Conte took charge, says Giorgio Chiellini.

The Old Lady confidently disposed of the European Champions with an emphatic 3-0 scoreline in Turin on Tuesday.

“It was a test of strength and perhaps Tuesday night’s match was the best of the Conte era,” the defender told Juventus Channel.

“The Chelsea game was the most important encounter of the season so far. We knew we couldn’t slip up and played a great game. But in order to go through we’ll require an even better performance.

“The disappointing thing is that you can only enjoy that kind of victory for an evening, because the following day you’re already thinking about the next fixture, even more so considering it’s Milan.”

Juve now need a point at Shakhtar Donetsk to book their place in the last 16, but a win would see them finish first.

“It’s right that we’re aiming to top the group,” the Italian international added. “That could give us an added advantage.”

The 28-year-old also reflected on Sunday’s opponents and their young hot-shot, his new international teammate Stephan El Shaarawy.

“El Shaarawy has shown himself to be the revelation of the season, but you could already see his qualities last year,” the centre-back noted.

“Yet I don’t think even he would have expected to score as many goals and become a leader of the Milan side.

“Along with his technical abilities, he has the right attitude and the desire to display what he can do.

“It will be a highly intense affair, between two motivated sides who want to win.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

Chiellini targeting Champions League & Scudetto this season

The Italy international believes that a double for the Bianconeri is a realistic aim

this season, having knocked out reigning European champions Chelsea earlier this month.

Dec 10, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini has revealed he is targeting Champions League success to go with another potential Serie A triumph.

The Bianconeri won the Scudetto last season and top the table with the winter break imminent, ahead of the likes of Inter, Napoli, Roma, Lazio and Fiorentina.

Last week they beat Shakhtar Donetsk in Ukraine to top a tricky Group E and knock out reigning European champions Chelsea, and Chiellini has revealed that confidence is rising that the double is within reach in 2013.

"We did something special last year winning Scudetto and now we are trying to insist in that way," he told Tuttosport.

"The most beautiful thing is that we are improving game after game: last year someone said we were good just because we didn't player European cups.

"Our first target is Serie A, than we hope to go as far as possible in Champions League. But after recent results, it's logical that we can start thinking about the double. But we must stay concentrated."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini was a Milan fan

:(

Dec 18, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini says he now feels 100 per cent Juventus after admitting to supporting Milan as a youngster.

The stopper was a Diavolo fan as a boy, but that all changed when he joined Juventus in 2005 and helped them get back into the top flight after Calciopoli demotion.

“I’ve got no problem admitting it, as a youngster I supported Milan,” he told a Juventus Premium Member video chat.

“But when I came here I fell in love with this shirt and the feeling grew over the course of time.

“Following our return to the top and everything that’s happened, you can’t help but feel a sense of belonging to the shirt, city and fans.”

Juventus returned to winning ways last term with the Scudetto and Chiellini thinks the new stadium played a part in that success.

“What we accomplished last year, winning the Scudetto unbeaten, was an exceptional achievement which nobody will ever be able to follow up, only equal at the very most,” he added.

“The inauguration of Juventus Stadium was a strange evening. We were coming off the back of two disappointing seasons, but something magical began that day and you could feel it in the air.

“We saw the entire history of Juventus, the club’s past, and inside our heads we started to dream about the future – and then we managed to achieve it.”

Chiellini is now a key figure in Antonio Conte’s three-man defence alongside Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci.

“Over the last year Leonardo, Andrea and I have managed to create a unique unit,” he continued.

“We know each other well, play off by heart and the more you work with someone the more you discover their strengths and weaknesses.

“Individually speaking, there are better defenders than us around, but I doubt that they could do better if they were placed in our defence.

“And then we have Gigi Buffon behind us. Many of his saves seem straightforward, but that’s only because he makes them appear as such.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini out for three months?

Dec 19, 2012

Italian champions Juventus could be without Giorgio Chiellini for the next three months because of injury.

The stopper has picked up a calf strain in training which, if initial fears are confirmed in 48 hours, will see him set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

Chiellini is a key figure in Antonio Conte’s three-man defence alongside Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci.

The injury comes in the same week that Juventus rescinded the contract of centre-back Lucio given his lack of playing time.

Martin Caceres will in all likelihood take Chiellini’s place in the starting XI, but Juve could now look to sign a new defender in January given their Champions League commitments in 2013.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve seek Chiellini replacements

Dec 19, 2012

If Giorgio Chiellini really is out for three months, then Juventus need a replacement and are looking at Federico Peluso and Siena’s Neto.

The Italian international defender pulled up in training today with a calf strain and initial reports suggest he has torn the muscle, meaning a three-month lay-off.

Juve already released Lucio from his contract so he could join Sao Paulo this week, so there are precious few options in defence.

According to the early rumours, the main target to fill the gaps is Siena’s Brazilian talent Neto.

Siena confirmed last week they were willing to release Neto “for the right price,” though many other clubs are also interested.

Another option for Juventus would be Atalanta defender Peluso, who can play both centre-back and full-back.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Juventus defender crisis after Chiellini injury

A scan will determine whether the Bianconeri defender faces up to three months

on the sidelines, with Antonio Conte already short of cover at the back.

Dec 19, 2012

Giorgio Chiellini will find out on Friday whether a calf injury sustained in training rules him out of action for up to three months.

The Italy international defender could miss Juventus' Champions League round of 16 double-header in February, as well as several domestic fixtures if the injury proves to be as serious as feared.

The incident comes at a bad time for the Serie A title holders, who have just released experienced Brazil defender Lucio from his contract.

Chiellini is also valued for his leadership abilities, with the 28-year-old the vice-captain behind Gigi Buffon for both club and country.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Chiellini confirms three-month lay-off

Dec 20, 2012

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini confirmed a three-month lay-off awaits as tests showed “a lesion to the calf muscle.”

The World Cup winner had hoped the tests would show only a strain, but this afternoon he posted a message on Twitter.

“Unfortunately, a lesion to the calf muscle has been confirmed. I’ll have to be out for a while... But I’ll do everything I can to return as soon as possible and stronger than ever!

“I thank you for the many get well soon messages I received over the last few hours. A hug to all of you!”

Juve will likely now go back on to the market in January for a replacement, especially as Lucio was released from his contract to join Sao Paulo this week.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Chiellini expected out for three months with calf muscle tear

The Bianconeri may now rue the decision to terminate Lucio's contract following the news

that the Italy defender sustained a lesion and faces a lengthy spell on the treatment table.

Dec 20, 2012

Juventus may be without first-choice centre-back Giorgio Chiellini for up to three months, as the player himself revealed on Thursday that he has suffered a calf injury.

The Italy international underwent tests on Thursday to examine the severity of knock, and the 28-year-old faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines.

"Unfortunately a lesion on my calf muscle has been confirmed. I’ll have to be out for a while ... But I'll do everything I can to return as soon as possible and stronger than ever," he wrote on Twitter.

"I thank you for the many get well soon messages I received over the last few hours. A hug to all of you."

Juve recently released Lucio on a free transfer, meaning the club might be in the market for a defender in January.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130798 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Giorgio Chiellini Is Serie A's Most Underrated Player

Jan 15, 2013

You know the old adage: You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

Giorgio Chiellini tore his calf in training in late December, and Juventus hasn't been the same since. The report says it'll be three months before he's able to come back for the Bianconeri.

By then, the hole might be a little too deep for Conte's men to dig out of.

Frankly, the other Juve defenders are completely lost when filling in at Chiellini's left side on the back line.

Their results without him tell the story.

They won away at Cagliari only after Davide Astori was shown the red card. With the opposition down to ten men, Juventus was able to tally three goals in the final 15 minutes.

After the Winter Break, things started to go downhill.

Their shocking 2-1 loss to ten-man Sampdoria, their colossal struggle to overcome a sloppy AC Milan side in their Coppa Italia match on January 9, and then giving up a late goal against Parma en route to a draw?

The two goals against Sampdoria and the one against Parma were caused by a lapse in defending on that left side.

That's a tough stretch of results for the Old Lady, and the common denominator in the above fixtures: No Chiellini on the left.

So far this season, he wins an average of three arial balls a game, and has a passing percentage of 89 percent. His player rating on the season is right around 7.7 according to whoscored.com.

There will be plenty of you upset that a Juventus player is being characterized as underrated, the statement on it's face is egregious.

But of all the huge names on that roster, who would have thought Chiellini's injury would derail what was another sure thing for Juventus in this season's Scudetto race?

Sure, it hasn't happened yet. But the way things are going, it might be a lot closer a race than it should have been for the Italian giants.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti