Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Paulo Dybala

130548 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

De Laurentiis: I tried to sign Dybala for Napoli

The Partenopei president revealed that he tried to bring in the Argentine
forward but also indicated that he wanted to hold onto Gonzalo Higuain.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/01/26/19688632/-?

Jan 26, 2016

Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis admitted that he wanted to sign Juventus forward Paulo Dybala but later opted against making a move for the 22-year-old.

Dybala has been instrumental in the Old Lady's recovery from their poor start to the Serie A campaign, netting 12 goals to help the champions climb to within two points of leaders Napoli.

And with the two sides competing for the Scudetto this season, De Laurentiis has revealed that he once coveted the Bianconeri's star man, but insisted that he did not want to jeapordise Napoli's ability to hang onto the in-form Gonzalo Higuain.

"[Higuain and Dybala] are two different players," the Partenopei president told Sky Sports.

"But I'll hang onto Pipita. I tried to buy Dybala, but I saw that there were several strange situations, particularly abroad, so I left the deal alone. [if Dybala signed for Napoli] then I would have had to sell someone..."

De Laurentiis also revealed his confidence that Napoli can challenge Juventus for the Serie A title this season.

"Juve have a great club, a great coach, a great team, but we are not second to none," he said.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala: I'd be happy to just be a little bit like Messi

The Juventus forward believes there are "very few" players who can reach his compatriot's
level and also expressed his admiration for Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/01/26/19708412/-?

Jan 26, 2016

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has admitted he would be happy to be "just a little bit like" Lionel Messi.

Dybala's fine performances for the Serie A champions this season have even seen tipped to become Messi's successor in the Argentina national team.

But the 22-year-old says it will be "very difficult" to emulate the five-time Ballon d'Or winner and insists he is focusing solely on helping Juventus retain the Scudetto.

"There are very few players who can reach Messi's level," Dybala told Corriere dello Sport. "I am always trying to be myself. I try to keep improving by working hard and by being committed.

"It will be very hard to match Messi if you look at everything he has achieved. But I always look to do my best for the team. That's what I try to do in each game I play.

"I don't really know Messi yet. He was not part of the national team when I was called up. It will be very difficult to become like Messi. I would already be happy if I became even just a little bit like him.

"The people in Argentina say that I am a bit like Sergio Aguero because of the way I move."

Dybala has scored 12 goals in Serie A this season and trails only another Argentine, Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain, in the league's goalscoring charts.

"I am enjoying Gonzalo's good run of form because he is my compatriot," Dybala added.

"I admired him when I was called up for the national team. I am aware of what he can achieve and is currently doing. I am happy to see him scoring, but I obviously hope he does not score against us.

"I would not mind having his right foot. The way he turns and shoots, I can learn from that."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Palermo playmaker Franco Vazquez would like
to be teammates with Paulo Dybala again

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/1/27/10839770/palermo-franco-vazquez-paulo-dybala-2016-serie-a-transfer-rumors

Jan 27, 2016

If Paulo Dybala were to play the role of Batman, then Franco Vázquez would have been the perfect person to be cast as Robin based solely on what they did at the Renzo Barbera last season. They were the 1-2 punch that powered Palermo back to Serie A and then to a mid-table finish during the 2014-15 season.

Since the summer, though, Batman has gone off to bigger and brighter things, now becoming the hero that is having one of the best seasons of any player in Serie A and at the same time carrying Juventus through this new, younger era. Robin is still where he was come the end of last season, though. The results haven't been there — more so from a team point of view than individual, but it's not like he's having a bad season.

But it's safe to say that Vázquez certainly has his sights set on more than just making sure Palmero is playing Serie A football for a third consecutive season.

"For now I must think about keeping Palermo up, then one day I'd like to play with Dybala again. He's a friend and we did great things together at the Rosanero."

(Source: Football Italia)

Before you go start singing "REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!" as you walk down the hallway, this doesn't mean that Vazquez is coming to Juventus in the January transfer window. Maybe not even in the summer transfer window even though Juve will likely continue their Great Trequartista Hunt if Max Allegri allows it. There will probably be some rumors out of Italy in the next couple of days linking Vázquez with a move to Juve simply because of what he's said about Dybala.

Vázquez went on to say this about his future:

"My future? First I'll save Palermo and then we'll see. I can't decide whether I go to Juventus, Milan, Inter or another big team. I don't know what will happen, but Zamparini will do the best for the team."

So, with that, here's the main part of the equation.

We know that Vázquez can be productive at a club like Palermo seeing as he's one of the central players. But does he have the skill set, at 26 years of age (he'll be 27 next month, by the way), to do it at a level that would benefit Juventus? Knowing what club he is coming from and who owns said club, potentially bringing Vázquez to Turin would cost a good amount of cash without question. Probably not Dybala money, but Vázquez isn't going to be cheap.

We'll see whether Batman gets to hang out with Robin again. Methinks he's doing pretty okay without him this season...

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

RUMOURS: Barcelona identify their priority summer signing

The Spanish champions have pulled out of the race to sign Nolito and are
instead targeting a big-money move for another forward in the summer.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2016/01/28/19759102/-?

Jan 28, 2016

Barcelona have made Juventus forward Paulo Dybala their priority transfer target for the summer.

The Spanish champions were targeting Celta Vigo’s Nolito this month but have now pulled out of a deal as the club’s board believe that opening €18 million on the 29-year-old is not a good investment.

But Sport now claim that Barcelona have already opened primary talks with Juventus as they continue to monitor Dybala, who has 12 goals and seven assists in 20 Serie A appearances this season.

Barcelona’s technical director Robert Fernandez believes the Argentine would be a perfect fit for the club and has been impressed with the forward’s movement and technical ability.

The Serie A champions would be looking for a fee in the region of €60m for the 22-year-old.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juve's Paulo Dybala could have joined
AC Milan but for Galliani - Zamparini

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2801320/juventus-forward-paulo-dybala-could-have-joined-ac-milan

Feb 5, 2016

AC Milan missed out on the signing of Paulo Dybala due to the "antics" of their general manager Adriano Galliani, according to Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini.

Zamparini says that the Rossoneri were in pole position to sign Dybala, who has since scored 12 goals for Juventus after joining them last summer.

Galliani's games saw Milan miss out and Zamparini has warned him to be more careful if he wishes to sign Franco Vazquez from Palermo at the end of the season.

"I'm going to be talking about Vazquez in May or June," Zamparini told milannews.it. "I'd be delighted to sell him to Milan, but the important thing is that Galliani doesn't get up to any of his antics because it was his antics which lost him Dybala. Without those antics, Dybala was his."

Zamparini expects to sell midfield star Vazquez for €30 million, and he revealed there is interest from other clubs in the Italy international.

"That's the sum we are looking at, which is fair considering the market," Zamparini said. "When Milan are interested, they will ask me for him. At the moment, the Rossoneri have not asked me, but other clubs have.

"But Galliani once told me that they were still interested, three or four months ago, so let's see what happens.

"Obviously if he does want to reserve him, he's going to have to speak with me and not the newspapers."

Juve paid €32 million for Dybala, who has proven to be a hit in Turin this season as the replacement for Carlos Tevez after joined Boca Juniors.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Bayern Munich Consider Move For Juventus Star

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/2801320/juventus-forward-paulo-dybala-could-have-joined-ac-milan

Feb 8, 2016

Incoming Bayern Munich coach Carlo Ancelotti is reportedly considering a move for Juventus striker Paulo Dybala as the ideal replace for Robert Lewandowski, who has been linked with a potential move away from the Allianz Arena.

The 22-year old Argentine joined the Bianconeri from Palermo over the summer, and has quickly emerged as the Serie A champions newest star, scoring 13 goals and providing eight assists in 19 league games this season.

While Lewandowski’s agent claims the player is negotiating an extension to his current contract, he could still decide to leave the Bavarians at the end of the summer as he has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, and according to Catalan Sport, new Bayern coach Ancelotti is showing an interest in the young Argentine forward as his preferred replacement.

Dybala has also been linked with a potential move to Barcelona, a move the young player is reportedly interested in.

Juventus face Bayern Munich in their upcoming Champions League clash on February 23.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Fassone: 'Inter tried for Dybala'

http://www.football-italia.net/79704/fassone-inter-tried-dybala?

Feb 11, 2016

Former director Marco Fassone reveals that 'Inter tried to sign Paulo Dybala last summer ‘and expects 'a Juve-Napoli exhibition’.

Fassone was relieved of his duties by the Nerazzurri in September after previous spells with the Old Lady and the Partenopei.

He looked ahead to the weekend’s showcase clash, but doesn’t expect that the two clubs will continue to dominate Italian football.

“It’ll be a great match because the two teams that play the best football in Italy are facing each other,” Fassone told Corriere dello Sport.

“I’m not expecting a super-tactical match, I predict an exhibition and goals. Maybe it’ll end in a draw.

“At Inter we tried to sign Dybala last summer, but without success. He’ll give Juventus a lot of satisfaction.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Xavi: ‘Dybala has Barça DNA’

http://www.football-italia.net/79761/xavi-%E2%80%98dybala-has-bar%C3%A7a-dna%E2%80%99?

Feb 12, 2016

Xavi believes Juventus striker Paulo Dybala and Paris Saint-Germain’s Marco Verratti have “Barcelona DNA”.

Dybala joined the Bianconeri in a €40m move from Palermo this summer, while Verratti has become a key figure for Antonio Conte’s Azzurri, as well as the French champions.

“I really like two players who I think have Barça DNA,” Xavi, who made over 750 appearances for the Catalan giants before joining Al Sadd, explained to Mundo Deportivo.

“Marco Verratti and Paulo Dybala. They’re amazing, and because of their style and the quality of their play they’d fit easily into the ‘machine’.

“I see them as potential future Barça players.”

However, the Blaugrana legend is less convinced about the suitability of Dybala’s teammate, Paul Pogba.

“He’s a great player, I’ve played against him. He’ll be noted for what he does with the French national team [at Euro 2016] as he is for Juve.

“I think he plays a different style to ours though. I’m not disregarding him though, on the contrary - if we get him, I won’t complain!”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve's Dybala is Barca's top target

http://www.football-italia.net/79799/juves-dybala-barcas-top-target?

Feb 13, 2016

Juventus' Paulo Dybala has been identified by Barcelona as the number one target to replace Luis Suarez, say reports.

The 22-year-old was the Bianconeri's big investment last summer and so far he has repaid their faith, with 13 goals in 23 games in Serie A this season.

According to Spanish publication El Mundo Deportivo, his performances have attracted the attention of Liga giants Barcelona.

The paper's first page claims that Dybala is viewed as a potential heir to Suarez and that he is the Blaugrana's first choice for a transfer, although also the most expensive one.

Alternatives to Dybala include Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus, Atletico Madrid's Luciano Vietto, and Celta De Vigo's Nolito.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Manchester United Transfer News: Paulo Dybala
Talks Revealed, Latest Rumours

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2617254-manchester-united-transfer-news-paulo-dybala-talks-revealed-latest-rumours?

Feb 17, 2016

Manchester United have reportedly enquired about the possibility of signing Juventus striker Paulo Dybala, but they have been met with significant resistance from the Old Lady.

According to Calciomercato's Fabrizio Romano (h/t translator Edo Dalmonte), the Red Devils "sent a few feelers to Turin" about Dybala, but Juve have insisted he is not for sale for anything less than €100 million (£78 million), and even then they may not be tempted.

The 22-year-old has flourished this season in Massimiliano Allegri's side, playing a key role as they have risen to the top of Serie A following a run of 15 wins on the bounce.

A tally of 13 goals and eight assists in 24 Italian top-flight appearances has made Dybala one of the hottest properties in Europe, and it is no surprise that United are going after him given their lack of depth up front, per WhoScored.com.

Wayne Rooney and Anthony Martial are currently United's only senior strikers, and the Red Devils' 30-year-old captain has even been linked with a move away to China, per Phil Thomas of the Sun. Although Bleacher Report's Dean Jones reported he will reject any such switch.

Even so, United need to plan for the future of their front line and Dybala would be one of the best young strikers they could add to their squad.

However, it seems the Italian giants are not prepared to let him go for anything short of an astronomical fee, and they are perfectly able to make such demands as Dybala's contract runs until 2020.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Zamp ‘sorry Dybala didn’t join Milan’

http://www.football-italia.net/80028/zamp-%E2%80%98sorry-dybala-didn%E2%80%99t-join-milan%E2%80%99

Feb 18, 2016

Palermo President Maurizio Zamparini says he’s ‘sorry Paulo Dybala didn't join Milan’ as he’s ‘more a friend of the Rossoneri than Juventus’.

The Argentine forward has excelled since signing for the Bianconeri, but was the subject of a €40m bid from the San Siro outfit as well, according to the Rosanero owner.

He also touched on the subject of Franco Vazquez, whose future giornalaccio rosa dello Sport wrote today depends on who will be Milan Coach next season, what system they will play and the price set by Palermo.

“I spoke to Berlusconi a week ago, I’ll see him now in Rome,” Zamparini said to Radio 2.

“Did I talk about Vazquez? It may well be…

“What price could Milan buy him for? I don’t set prices. Berlusconi expressed his disappointment at not managing to sign Dybala, he offered €40m in cash, but the player’s agent had already agreed with Juventus.

“I was sorry not to give him to the Rossoneri, because I’m more a friend of Milan than Juventus.”  .bah

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

14jstat.gif

Paulo Dybala is Juventus' jewel... but
don't compare him with Lionel Messi

Being an in-form, left-footed, Argentine footballer can only make for one comparison.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11854/10186908/paulo-dybala-is-juventus-jewel-but-dont-compare-him-with-lionel-messi?

Mar 1, 2016

Paulo Dybala's performances for Juventus this season since moving from Palermo in the summer have been stunning, and the 22-year-old's 17 goals so far only tell half of the story.

Known in his homeland as La Joya (The Jewel), Dybala shifts the gears quicker than his lightweight frame suggests, and that typically South American low centre of gravity has some in Italy making that oft-used analogy.

Lionel Messi all over, correct? Not quite, says Sky in Italy's Augusto De Bartolo. Dybala's thought and graft is in the mould of Carlos Tevez, and that is not to play down the potential impact he can have on the footballing world in the next few seasons.

"Dybala is very similar to Tevez in his style of play. He can play as a classic striker or as a forward free to roam on the flanks or in the middle, where I think he is best.

"He is in and out of defenders, never giving them a reference point as to where he will move next, both with and without the ball.

"Like Tevez, he is useful in the non-possession phase, pressing opponents high up the pitch.

"He is lethal in one-on-ones with the goalkeeper, has a superb first touch in front of goal and will shoot before the 'keeper has had a chance to set himself, like his goal against Manuel Neuer in the Champions League last week."

So where did the story begin? Dybala set the Argentina Primera B Nacional alight with Instituto in 2011/12, his hometown club famous for producing Ossie Ardiles and Mario Kempes, scoring 17 goals in 38 games and making his debut at 17.

He then signed for Palermo in 2012, and was immediately labelled the new Sergio Aguero by club president Maurizio Zamparini. His first two seasons yielded just eight goals in 58 games as Palermo were relegated from Serie A and then promoted, before a fine season on his return to Serie A in 2014/15.

He netted 13 times, prompting more over-emphatic praise from Zamparini again.

"It would take 40m euros to sign him from us," he said. "Within two years, he'll be better than Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lionel Messi."

A bold call, but Zamparini was right about one thing. Dybala was taken to Juventus for 40m euros including add-ons, but the hype was more measured and his bedding-in more thought out when he arrived in Turin.

De Bartolo explains: "It was surprising the impact Dybala has had at Juventus. At the start of the season, despite the price tag, nobody thought he could have such an incisive first season.

"Juve manager Massimiliano Allegri has helped Dybala a lot in his growth. He has managed him in the right way from the beginning of the season, he didn't give him all of the responsibilities Tevez left behind and in his first 10 matches, played him only six times in the starting line-up.

"He wanted Dybala to understand the atmosphere around Juventus first - the club, the city, the supporters - without any pressure."

Dybala's bedding-in came at a difficult time for the champions. Their 1-0 defeat by Sassuolo on October 28 marked their worst start to a season in 28 years, leaving them 12th.

Juventus returned to winning ways against Torino three days later, before Dybala scored in the 3-1 win at Empoli, and then got the only goal against AC Milan two weeks later.

He had arrived, and Juve were now three victories into a 15-game winning streak. They now sit top of Serie A and are on course for a fifth straight league crown, and face Inter in the second leg of their Coppa Italia semi-final on Wednesday, live on Sky Sports 2 HD, having won the first leg 3-0.

Besides Messi and Tevez, a comparison closer to home for Dybala would be Juventus' resident superstar Paul Pogba, and while Sky in Italy's De Bartolo insists their playing styles are in no way contiguous, he believes the Argentine is having far more of an impact on the side at present.

"It's not easy to compare Pogba and Dybala. They have different positions on the pitch, but I really think Dybala has been the more incisive player in Serie A this season.

"Dybala has become the leader of the team, not only because he has scored more but in his influence on the side. I can firmly say his performances have been to a higher standard than Pogba, and more consistently."

So, what are the chances of seeing Dybala on these shores in the coming seasons? Despite being reportedly linked with Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea in some quarters of the British and Italian press in the summer, Dybala chose Champions League runners-up Juventus.

Those three and more could come calling again, and while De Bartolo believes he will stay in Turin for a couple more seasons, he admits the board "would think" about a very big offer from, say, Pep Guardiola's Manchester City. What's more, the future of Frenchman Pogba, linked with here, there and everywhere for the past two seasons, could have an influence.

"The new challenge for Juventus is to try to refuse the offer that will no doubt arrive from other big clubs. It will depend on the future of Pogba.

"If Juventus are going to sell a player, it will be Pogba this summer. I think Dybala will remain in Turin for a couple of years, but if City make a very big offer, the board will think about it.

"If he continues this form, Dybala could be a huge name in the world of football. He won't be the new Messi or Ronaldo, but he could reach the level of Aguero or Wayne Rooney."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala gets Argentina call

http://www.football-italia.net/80974/dybala-gets-argentina-call?

Mar 8, 2016

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala is among four Serie A representatives in the Argentina squad.

The Bianconeri forward was called-up for the last fixtures against Colombia and Brazil, but as a replacement for his hero, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi.

Now the youngster will get the chance to make his “dream come true” by playing with Messi, as the pair have both been named in the Albiceleste squad to face Chile and Bolivia.

Serie A top-scorer Gonzalo Higuain has also been called-up by Coach Gerardo Martino, along with Lazio captain Lucas Biglia and Fiorentina defender Facundo Roncaglia.

Argentina squad for Chile and Bolivia:

Goalkeepers: Romero [Manchester United], Guzman [Tigres], Rulli [Real Sociedad]

Defenders: Zabaleta [Manchester City], Roncaglia [Fiorentina], Mercado [River Plate], Otamendi [Manchester City], Musacchio [Villarreal], Funes Mori [Everton], Rojo [Manchester United], Vangioni [River Plate], Pinola [Rosario Centra], Demichelis [Manchester City]

Midfielders: Mascherano [barcelona], Kranevitter [Atletico Madrid], Augusto Fernandez [Atletico Madrid], Enzo Perez [Valencia], Biglia [Lazio], Pastore [Paris Saint-Germain], Banega [sevilla]

Forwards: Di Maria [Paris Saint-Germain], Lamela [Tottenham Hotspur], Gaitan [benfica], Lavezzi [Hebei China Fortune], Messi [barcelona], Aguero [Manchester City], Higuain [Napoli], Dybala [Juventus], Correa [Atletico Madrid]

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala: Juventus form has silenced the critics

The 22-year-old believes the Serie A champions have proven their doubters
wrong with an impressive 19-game unbeaten run.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/03/12/21243062/-?

Mar 12, 2016

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala feels his side have silenced their critics with a stunning run of form after their stuttering start to the season.

The Italian giants won just one of their first six league games of the campaign, but have since reeled off a 19-game unbeaten run in all competitions, putting them top of Serie A, into the final of the Coppa Italia as well as a place in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Dybala's 14th league goal of the season gave Massimiliano Allegri's team a 1-0 win over Sassuolo on Friday, ahead of next Wednesday's Champions League meeting with Bayern Munich.

"After our loss against Sassuolo in October, no one gave us a chance of competing for the title," Dybala told reporters of their change in fortune.

"Everyone had written us off and now here we are.

"We will have to wait and see what happens in the remaining fixtures this weekend but we will still be top, in a cup final and with a great test against Bayern Munich just around the corner."

Juve came from two goals down to salvage a 2-2 draw with Bayern in the first leg of their last-16 tie in Turin.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala garners Serie A praise

http://www.football-italia.net/81212/dybala-garners-serie-praise?

Mar 13, 2016

A selection of Serie A pundits say Juventus' Paulo Dybala is already among the top ten strikers in the world.

The giornalaccio rosa dello Sport gathered comments by a small group among former players and Coaches of the Italian championship about how mature the former Palermo poacher was and where he may be ranked in a hypothetical world hierarchy.

“I think he's already the strongest player,” said former Inter striker Evaristo Beccalossi. “When you look at the relationship between quality and age, Dybala is the world's number one. I think of the young duo that Argentina have with him and [Mauro] Icardi and I must compliment [Juve Coach Max] Allegri for having developed him well.”

“Paulo is already in the world's top 10 of strikers, not only for his technical qualities but also for the character he's shown,” said Roma's 1990s striker Abel Balbo. “Today the players ahead of him are Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo, as well as Higuain for his maturity. Then Luis Suarez, Lewandowski, and Ibrahimovic.

“But it's unfair to compare them as they are mature and established players, while he is still very young.”

“No-one showed his skills and his personality at the age of 22,” said veteran Coach Fabio Capello. “He established himself in Italy and now he needs a European consecration.

“His goal against Sassuolo, hitting the ball-off balance but with absolute drive, was extraordinary and exciting.”

“I think we should stay calm and let him grow,” said Leicester City Coach Claudio Ranieri. “He's certainly a player who showed he has a lot in his repertoire. His future is written: he'll be among the top ten, and he'll get there naturally, in a short time.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Atletico Madrid Coach Praises Juventus Star

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/03/atletico-madrid-coach-praises-juventus-star/?

Mar 13, 2016

Following another match-winning display against Sassuolo, Diego Simeone has hailed Juventus forward Paulo Dybala.

Scoring the only goal of the game in the 1-0 win against the Neroverdi, Dybala was once again the hero and the Atletico Madrid coach admitted he has followed the career of his fellow Argentinian for some time.

“I have been aware and followed Dybala since he was a youngster,” Simeone told La Nacion. “When he arrived in Italy he found it tough, as most people do to begin with.

“Yet in his third season with Palermo, when they returned to Serie A, he began to show the undoubted quality that he has.

“Now here is at one of the best clubs in Europe and I am sure he will continue to learn and improve.”

Dybala’s Juve go to Munich in the second leg of their last 16 tie in the Champions League, looking to qualify after the 2-2 draw in Turin last month.

Simeone, meanwhile, will also be hoping to progress to the quarter-finals as his side take on PSV in Madrid following the 0-0 draw in the first leg.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: 'Juventus my dream'

http://www.football-italia.net/81645/dybala-juventus-my-dream?

Mar 21, 2016

Paulo Dybala says playing for Juventus is 'a dream come true', whilst discussing Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

The young Argentinian had some pretty big shoes to fill as he was signed last summer to replace Carlos Tevez, but with 14 goals in Serie A this season, he did not disappoint.

“Playing in a team like Juventus is a dream come true,” he told El Chiringuito. “It's a very important club, and joining it at the age of 22 was an emotion I can't describe. It was a fundamental leap forwards in my career.

“[Alvaro] Morata is a good lad, we're friends now. When I was at Palermo and he was at Juve he fouled me pretty hard once, but that's all water under the bridge.”

Dybala then discussed the two most prominent strikers of this generation, Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

“When your idol [Messi] tells you that you're on the right track, it makes you proud. It means you're working well and you've got to keep it up.

“Cristiano Ronaldo shows his class in every game. Seriously, he's a fantastic forward, he can turn any play into a goal.

“Right now Real Madrid are working under a new Coach, Zinedine Zidane, and it's hard to get the team to work the way you want it to in such a short time.

“Barcelona have the world's best players in their squad. Their strike force is made up of amazing players.

“I think Barcelona and Bayern Munich are the strongest teams in this year's Champions League. One of these two clubs will win the final in Milan.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Paulo Dybala Is the Juventus Player
Most in Need of the International Break

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626534-why-paulo-dybala-is-the-juventus-player-most-in-need-of-the-international-break?

Mar 22, 2016

The international break is upon us, and throughout the world clubs like Juventus are praying their top players stay healthy—and continue to work with the players left behind. For the Bianconeri in particular, the break is coming at an opportune time.

They've just been through their toughest stretch of the season. In the six weeks or so since February began, they've played 11 games. That's included three editions of the Derby d'Italia against Inter (one in the league and two in the Coppa Italia semifinal), one of the Derby della Mole against Torino, a top-of-the-table clash with Napoli and a pair of games against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League round of 16.

That's a heck of a workload, and it's taken its toll. At various points in the last few weeks, the team has been without key players like Claudio Marchisio and Giorgio Chiellini, the latter for an extended period of time.

The international break will be a boon for both of them, giving them a week to heal before the next league fixtures. But the most recent casualty on Juve's injury list is also the man that needs this break more than anyone else on the roster: Paulo Dybala.

The 22-year-old Argentinian striker was a surprise inclusion on Juve's injury report in the days leading up to the second leg of the Bayern tie after picking up a calf injury in training. Even more surprising than his injury was his speedy return against Torino on Sunday. He lasted only a half-hour before being forced to give way to Alvaro Morata.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri said at his post-match press conference (h/t Football Italia) that Dybala had not aggravated his calf but tweaked his flexor muscle, and the player could be seen on the bench laughing with his teammates in the second half, so the team has appeared to dodge a bullet—but they need to be careful.

According to WhoScored.com, Dybala has played the fifth-most minutes in the league of any Juve player. Only Gianluigi Buffon, Leonardo Bonucci, Paul Pogba and Andrea Barzagli have played more than his 2,095, and he's played a full 360 minutes more than the person behind him on the list—Marchisio. He's played 636 minutes more than Mario Mandzukic—the second-most used striker on the roster.

Add in another 420 Champions League minutes to his total and it starts to become clear just how badly Dybala needs a break.

For a 22-year-old body, this workload can be difficult to get used to, especially the first time around. WhoScored.com clocked him at 2,965 minutes at Palermo last year—only 450 more than Dybala has clocked between Serie A and Europe—and that's not including the time he's spent on the field in three appearances in the Coppa Italia.

For Allegri, these injuries, however minor they might be, should be setting off alarm bells. Three seasons ago he was presiding over a similar breakout by a young forward at AC Milan. Stephan El Shaarawy scored 16 times in all competitions before Christmas in the 2012-13 season, but he was even younger than Dybala, and the workload proved too much for him.

He scored only twice in the second half of the season and suffered chronic lower-body injuries over the next two seasons before Milan gave up on him this summer, moving him first to Monaco and then AS Roma.

There are differences between Dybala and El Shaarawy. The 2012-13 season was the first time the latter had ever gotten starter's minutes. Dybala, on the other hand, was a starter for two seasons, one in Serie B and one in Serie A, before he arrived at Juventus. But he's never had a workload that has included European commitments, and if he's stretched too far, a breakdown isn't out of the question.

The good news is, unlike when he was at Milan, Allegri has quality options to spell his young star. Mandzukic, Morata and Simone Zaza can all pick up the slack. Dybala is also looking at a week of rest. Yes, he has been called up to the Argentinian national team, but leaving the field against Torino may make Gerardo Martino hesitant to put him into game action, especially with the other fully-fit options he'll have at his disposal.

This could give him a much-needed rest before the season's home stretch. There are only eight more games left in the season, plus the Coppa Italia final, and Juventus will need their difference-maker if they want to ensure a fifth consecutive Serie A title.

Dybala's niggling injuries are likely the product of fatigue, which is natural at this stage in the season. What's important for Juventus—and for Argentina, when one thinks about it—is that those injuries don't turn into something that could put Dybala out of commission for a longer period of time. In that sense, this international break was perfectly timed for the youngster to regain some strength.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala leaves Argentina duty

http://www.football-italia.net/81763/dybala-leaves-argentina-duty?

Mar 23, 2016

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala has pulled-out of the Argentina squad with an injury.

The forward went off with a flexor muscle problem in the Derby della Mole with Torino, but nevertheless travelled to South America for international duty.

Now Mundoalbiceleste is reporting that Dybala will not travel to Chile with the rest of the squad, and will instead fly back to Italy, as he has not sufficiently recovered.

The Bianconeri have a mounting injury crisis, with Stephan Lichtsteiner and Andrea Barzagli also injured on international duty.

Claudio Marchisio and Giorgio Chiellini are not certain to be fit to face Empoli on April 2, while Martin Caceres is out for the season.

In addition, Sami Khedira, Alex Sandro and Leonardo Bonucci will be suspended for the visit of the Tuscans.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala returns to Juventus

http://www.football-italia.net/81785/dybala-returns-juventus?

Mar 23, 2016

As had already been reported, Paulo Dybala will return to Juventus camp tomorrow after sustaining an injury with Argentina.

The forward missed the Champions League trip to Bayern Munich with a muscular problem and had a relapse against Torino at the weekend.

He flew out for international duty, but the Argentine Federation confirmed he has a tear to the right biceps femoris muscle.

Dybala will return to Turin for further tests tomorrow.

There are understandable concerns at Juventus, as they will face Empoli next weekend without injured Claudio Marchisio, Giorgio Chiellini and Martin Caceres.

Leonardo Bonucci, Alex Sandro and Sami Khedira are also suspended.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

xlf6gm.gif

Juventus selling Paul Pogba could
allow Paulo Dybala to thrive

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/juventus/111/blog/post/2835504/juventus-selling-paul-pogba-could-allow-paulo-dybala-to-soar

Mar 24, 2016

Despite it being a year of transition for Juventus in which they lost three stars and saw the arrival of nine new first team players, the Bianconeri are simply unstoppable in their domestic adventures. Not even the arrival of a practically new front line and the temporary loss of identity earlier this season has dented their ability to overcome whomever they face in Italy.

Possessing a fine back-line, the creative midfielder Paul Pogba and the extraordinary striker Paulo Dybala, Juventus will undoubtedly have to fight hard to keep hold of their best players this summer, and perhaps the time has come to accept the exorbitant amounts offered for Pogba. While the youngster has proved essential to coach Max Allegri's tactics, doing well to overlap the forward who drops deep to offer a threat, not to mention the perfect passes he provides to facilitate the game for those ahead of him, €100m may just be too good an offer to refuse.

Pogba is a sensational talent but he's not worth that amount, even if he boasts a great brand that will generate commercial revenue. While we have seen him pull off the incredible, such as Sunday's 4-1 win at Torino, he still makes too many mistakes for a player branded as a future Ballon d'Or winner. A little too emotional on occasion and guilty of choosing the wrong option quite often, the player boasts the skill and the talent but perhaps not the mind. He is still young and in the midst of his development, but at 23, Allegri is right to be demanding more of him.

Keeping him in the squad would be a tremendous display of strength on management's behalf considering the overwhelming amount of interest in the player. But if he was to leave, it's not necessarily the end of the world for the Old Lady. In return Juve will have plenty of money to buy at least three worthy stars who could help the club to achieve the ultimate dream -- the Champions League trophy.

By contrast, no amount of money in the world should even tempt Juventus into selling Dybala. This blog was cautious and not convinced of the Argentine's ability when he was first wanted by the Bianconeri directors, but how wrong can one be? An extraordinary player who boasts skill, desire, unbelievable talent and most importantly, great intelligence, it's rare to see Dybala make a mistake. Everything from his mentality down to the speed with which he has progressed has impressed not only Juventus but many others who were similarly unconvinced.

At times, the player is almost too good even for Juventus, too good for any side who doesn't boast players of the same ilk. In the first leg of the Champions League match against Bayern Munich, the Argentine was operating at a different level of intelligence than Mario Mandzukic alongside him and was regularly let down by a squad that was too intimidated to operate at a high level. The beauty of Dybala is that he reads footballing situations quickly and acts instinctively and accordingly. Boasting speed of thought, he's a few steps ahead of the opposition and even his teammate struggle at times to give him what he requires.

From a young age, Dybala and his father shared a dream, the dream to be a world class footballer. Demanding perfection form his son, Dybala senior was irritated by any small error his young boy committed, despite scoring an average of two or three goals a game. Such persistence and the quest for perfection have allowed the youngster to progress in impressive fashion, aware of the value of hard work and the need for complete performances.

A player with a winning mentality and intelligence that belongs to the footballing gods, Dybala should eventually leave Juventus if the club do not progress as quickly as he does. However, if he bears with them and allows them to build a squad capable of allowing him to further demonstrate his talent, he should stay, for no other team will honour him in the way Juventus do. He is the mercurial talent they have been searching for and according to him, playing for the Old Lady has always been a dream, one he is currently realising.

Having forged a beautiful partnership with Pogba behind him, selling the Frenchman could speed up Dybala's eventual departure. The two are not only two intelligent teammates who understand one another but genuine friends who enjoy playing for the same time. Paradoxically however, the sale of Pogba would help the club provide a better support system for Dybala and his talent, bringing in the players who may not boast the Frenchman's skill but certainly the intelligence required to exploit the young Argentine's attributes and allow him to perform at even higher level.

Ideally, Juventus would keep both and keep adding key players to the squad but another early exit from Europe will equate to less revenue than they were hoping for this season. Can the Bianconeri afford to keep them both in the summer?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Paulo Dybala Is Juventus' Most Improved Player in 2015/16

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626407-why-paulo-dybala-is-juventus-most-improved-player-in-201516?

Mar 24, 2016

When Paulo Dybala limped off in the first half of Sunday’s Turin derby, it was a major blow to Juventus in a season where they have been besieged by injury at every turn. Indeed, the striker had only just returned to the starting XI after a calf issue caused him to miss last week’s UEFA Champions League clash with Bayern Munich.

He has become so central to the tactical approach of coach Massimiliano Allegri that his absence must be noted when discussing reasons for Juve’s exit, but the Juve boss revealed that the substitution against the Granata was merely a precaution.

“The calf is fine, he got a knock to the flexor muscle,” Allegri told Mediaset Premium and Sky Sport Italia (h/t Football Italia). That will come as huge relief to the Bianconeri, who will need their leading scorer to be fit and firing over the remaining eight matches as they look to secure a fifth-consecutive Serie A title.

Yet while Dybala’s 16 goals comfortably make him the club’s most prolific striker, there is little doubt that he is also Juventus' most improved player in 2015/16, making a significant step up in quality since moving to Turin back in June.

The club’s official website revealed that Juventus paid Palermo €32 million for the 22-year-old, with a potential further €8 million to be added on if certain performance-related targets are met over the next four years.

Landing with the Sicilian side back in 2012, Dybala had endured two difficult seasons with the Rosanero, netting just eight goals in his first 58 matches before enjoying a breakout campaign in 2014/15.

Palermo had returned to the top flight after winning the Serie B title in the previous season, and coach Beppe Iachini began to feature Dybala as his leading striker. He was rewarded with an impressive return of 13 goals and 10 assists over 34 matches, figures that the former Instituto man already looks set to surpass this term.

In addition to his 16 goals, Dybala is also just two assists short of his previous mark, and statistics courtesy of WhoScored.com highlight a number of other areas in which he has improved at a similar rate.

According to their figures, Dybala took an average of 3.4 shots per game last term, with that number dropping to 3.0 in 2015/16, while the number of chances he creates for others sits at 2.2 per outing compared with 1.7 a year ago.

His unsuccessful touches have fallen drastically from the 3.5 per game he averaged in 2014/15 to just 2.0 this time around, and his passing accuracy has risen from 81.6 percent last season to 84.3 percent this term.

Those improvements have drawn praise from Mr. Allegri, who lauded Dybala after a stunning two-goal, two-assist performance against Udinese in January as he told Premium Sport (h/t giornalaccio rosa World):

Dybala has improved a lot but I’m not interested in comparing him to great players or anything like that. I have heard the comparisons with [Lionel] Messi but he can still get better. He is also a completely different player to [Carlos] Tevez and has a major career ahead if he can stay grounded.

He still has a lot of room for improvement in his game, as do many of the players in our squad.

It is perhaps that last sentence that should prove most chilling for Juve’s opponents, with the thought of even further improvement from Dybala a frightening prospect for defenders across Serie A.

“He will be the future and is the present of Juventus,” Allegri told a press conference back in October, and the leap the vastly improved Dybala has taken this term provides hope that that future will be very bright indeed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala could face Empoli

http://www.football-italia.net/81878/dybala-could-face-empoli?

Mar 25, 2016

Juventus announce Paulo Dybala’s injury is not as bad as first feared, and he could be fit to face Empoli.

The forward went off injured in the Derby della Mole with Torino, and was sent home from Argentina duty with the muscular injury.

“Paulo Dybala, who has returned from South America, underwent tests this morning that showed a favourable development of the muscular issue reported in Sunday’s game and diagnosed by the medical staff of the Argentinian national team,” a statement from the Bianconeri announced.

“His condition will be monitored on a daily basis in view of his availability for the match against Empoli.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juventus boost Dybala wages

http://www.football-italia.net/81936/juventus-boost-dybala-wages?

Mar 27, 2016

Juventus could be set to give Paulo Dybala a pay rise already to stop him being tempted by foreign clubs.

The Argentine only arrived from Palermo last summer, but has become a sensation in both Serie A and the Champions League.

The 22-year-old has scored 18 goals in 40 competitive games for his club, also providing eight assists.

His contract runs to June 2020 and is initially worth €3m per season, rising steadily.

However, Calciomercato.com claim Juve are ready to sit down with his agent and discuss speeding the process up for wages worth €4m with bonuses from next term.

The wage cap in Turin is €5.5m per year, currently earned by Paul Pogba.

Dybala’s form has attracted interest from the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130548 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Juventus so close to Scudetto’

http://www.football-italia.net/82653/dybala-%E2%80%98juventus-so-close-scudetto%E2%80%99?

Apr 11, 2016

Paulo Dybala knows Juventus “are very close” to the Scudetto - “we can’t let it slip”.

The Bianconeri have a six-point lead at the top of Serie A ,with just six games of the season remaining.

“We’re very close, we can’t let it slip,” Dybala cautioned in an interview with Premium Sport.

“It’s a great feeling, though we haven’t won anything yet. My dream is coming true. I came here because I wanted to start winning, I was sure we’d succeed.

“We immediately won the Supercoppa [against Lazio in Shanghai] and now we’re fighting for two trophies.”

The Old Lady face relegation-threatened Palermo at the weekend, the team Dybala left in the summer to move to Turin.

“It will be a thrill, but I have to think about Juve winning. My former teammates aren’t to blame for this situation, because it’s not easy when you change 10 Coaches in one season.

“The fans shouldn’t be angry with them, but the fans don’t deserve what’s happening. It’s not normal to change Coach so many times.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti