Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

Paulo Dybala

130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Return as soon as possible’

http://www.football-italia.net/82661/dybala-%E2%80%98return-soon-possible%E2%80%99?

Apr 11, 2016

Paulo Dybala hopes to return “as soon as possible” for Juventus, as he battles a calf injury.

The forward hasn’t featured for the Bianconeri since going off in the Derby della Mole against Torino, and has been training separately at Vinovo.

“I feel good,” Dybala assured Sky.

“I’m training normally, and I hope to return to the group in the next few days because I don’t feel any pain. So I hope to return in the next few days.”

With the Old Lady six points clear at the top of Serie A, Dybala also discussed the Scudetto run-in.

"You have to approach these games with the right attitude, because maybe teams you face will be a bit fired-up and will play the game of their lives, making you drop points.”

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala continues injury comeback

http://www.football-italia.net/82762/dybala-continues-injury-comeback?

Apr 13, 2016

Paulo Dybala took part in the entire session at Juventus training today, as he continues his recovery.

The forward hasn’t featured since going off with a calf injury in the Derby della Mole last month, but returned to training with his teammates for part of the session yesterday.

Today the Bianconeri’s official website confirms that Dybala took part in the entire session and “worked on shooting drills following a rigorous warm-up and passing exercises” at Vinovo.

The Old Lady welcome Dybala’s former side Palermo to Turin on Sunday afternoon, as they look to maintain or extend their six-point lead at the top of Serie A.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala close to Juventus return

The Bianconeri striker and Argentina international says he is close to making
a comeback as the club chase Serie A and Coppa Italia silverware in May.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/04/12/22278022/dybala-close-to-juventus-return?ICID=TP_HN_HP_RI_1_2

Apr 14, 2016

Paulo Dybala expects his first-team return for Juventus is not far away as the club looks to wrap up a fifth consecutive Serie A title.

Juventus sealed an important win in Dybala's absence against AC Milan on Saturday, ensuring they are six points clear of second-placed Napoli with six games to play.

Dybala has not played for the club since a 4-1 win over Torino on March 20, but the Argentina striker said he is close to returning from injury.

"I'm fine, I'm training in the right way, I hope to come back soon," the 22-year-old told Sky Italia.

Dybala admitted it would be odd playing against former club Palermo should he be fit enough for the upcoming clash.

"It will be a little strange, having played for Palermo for three years, but I'm a Juventus player and on Sunday I will think only of the three points," he said.

"We must not give away anything and keep the right approach, bringing respect for every opponent.

"Now, we are almost at the finish line."

Should the season end in glory, Dybala will be able to reflect on a fantastic debut season for Juventus, in which he already has 14 league goals.

"I chose Juventus to win and everything was clear after my first goal in the Super Cup," he said.

"That was perhaps the most beautiful moment I have lived with Juventus so far.

"I always try to improve, in everything I do, the club and the team-mates have helped me a lot."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

6i70qd.jpg

Paulo Dybala is close to equalling what Carlos Tévez
did in his first season at Juventus

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/4/14/11429482/juventus-paulo-dybala-carlos-tevez-serie-a-champions-league-goals-lots-of-goals

Apr 14, 2016

It is only natural to compare Carlos Tévez and Paulo Dybala — they're both Argentinian and they both happen to be very good strikers who have donned bianconero either in the past or the present. That's the easy narrative we can create, and it won't be wrong. Throw in the fact that many saw Dybala as the successor to Tévez, and you have a narrative-filled bowl of talented Argentinian strikes who just so happen to play for Juventus.

When Dybala signed for Juventus, what did you expect him to do? That's an honest question. He had just arrived for a Andrea Agnelli Era-record transfer fee after he had a very good season at Palermo. But little did we know that so soon after the first day of the season that the young Argentine with the boyish good looks would become one of Juventus' most important players.

It didn't take long for Dybala to settle in at Juventus. Once he got rolling, it was hard to slow him down. And whenever you thought he might be cooling off just a little bit, he would go and score another goal or two just to make all of those worries go flying out of the window at a high rate of speed.

Now, as we sit here with only seven rounds to go, Dybala is closing in on the same kind of goal-scoring numbers as Juventus' first post-Alessandro Del Piero No. 10 did two seasons ago.

Carlos Tévez, 2013-14: 48 games, 21 goals

Paulo Dybala, 2015-16: 40 games, 18 goals

Conclusion: Those guys are pretty good.

In more detail: Dybala has been everything we had hoped he would be — and then some, probably. His goals have been frequent, his goals have been important and, a good portion of the time, his goals have won Juventus a lot of points as they shot up the Serie A table following that stupid, stupid start to the season.

Let's just hope that Dybala makes a return to the field this weekend against his former side, Palermo, and continue the quest toward equalling what Tévez did in his first Juventus season. As he said in an interview earlier in the week, he sounds like a guy who will be doing just that. And knowing that he returned to full training on Wednesday, Dybala is certainly on pace to at least have some kind of impact on Palermo's trip to Turin this weekend.

Oh, and for the record: This isn't meant to start a debate as to who was better during their first year at Juventus. (Although I'm sure it will start one because we like to talk about these things.) Either way, they're both fantastic strikers. And the best part about Dybala coming to Juventus in his early 20s? He's only going to get better, so I guess we should get used to these impressive goal tallies. Not that we'll object to them...

One more thing: While Tévez provided us with plenty of memorable moments, he never was the third wheel in a Max Allegri vs. Paul Pogba basketball shootout. (At least, as far as we know, that is.)

Take that, Carlitos. If anything, Paulo Dybala has you beat when it comes to successful sending headers through a basketball hoop you might also see a bunch of teenagers using in their driveways.

Such a shame this team has no fun. They should really enjoy things every once in a while.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: 'I'm still Juve's child'

http://www.football-italia.net/82832/dybala-im-still-juves-child?

Apr 15, 2016

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala says he is 'a child, not a killer yet' and hopes to overtake Carlos Tevez's goal record.

With 18 goals across all competitions so far, the 22-year-old has earned Coach Max Allegri's praise, who stated he has the eye of a killer.

“But I still see a child when I look in the mirror,” he told Il Corriere dello Sport. “I only transform myself when I step into the pitch. In training too I am always focused. I try to improve myself, to grow, to learn.

“I've always had to deal with pressure. I was never sold for cheap sums. I'm glad people are no longer talking about the fact that I costed €40m, it's not money that plays games.

“I can certainly give a lot more. At 22 years of age I lack the experience of a player like [Carlos] Tevez. Playing here, in Europe and in the national team, I hope to close that gap.

“I never had any doubts in my first few months at Juventus. I had similar feelings in Palermo, but I knew it was the right decision.

“There's been a lot of work to improve my condition, physically and mentally. Passing from battling against relegation to Juventus wasn't an easy step. Here you can't even dream of picking up a draw. Thankfully, I learned quickly.”

The Argentinian has been employed in a slightly different role compared to Palermo, where he was the team's poacher.

“In Palermo I was a prima punta, albeit a strange one. Here I have greater freedom and I'm happy in all positions, not least because I have some very physical teammates who create spaces for me.

“I must still score three goals to beat Tevez's record of 21 goals in his first season in Turin. I'd be very happy to overtake him. It would be good for me and for the team, as these goals would be important.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: 'Higuain better leader than me'

http://www.football-italia.net/82833/dybala-higuain-better-leader-me?

Apr 15, 2016

Paulo Dybala admits Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain is 'a better leader than me' and hopes Juventus will let him play the Copa America.

The Partenopei's star striker is currently appealing a four-match ban for arguing with the referee, and there's some debate as to whether his team remains competitive without him.

“I like [his replacement Manolo] Gabbiadini, and he did well right away,” Dybala said, in an interview with Il Corriere dello Sport. “But Higuain is a very important player.

“Compared to me, he's a better leader. I'm at my first year at Juve. And here it's the team that wins."

Dybala's interview then turned to his colleagues, starting from evergreen goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon.

“Buffon in training is incredible, I don't know if there's a stronger goalkeeper in the world. He's also very helpful to us younger players. The series of 22 undefeated games happened thanks to the older players.”

It's been suggested that Dybala may take the #10 shirt should its current owner, Paul Pogba, be sold in the summer.

“I hope that Paul can stay with us for many years. In any case, the #21 belonged to [Zinedine] Zidane and [Andrea] Pirlo and is worth a #10. I have no problem in taking responsibility, but if someone stronger joins us, then he can have it.”

The 22-year-old was then asked about his involvement in international tournaments.

“I'd like to play everything, the Copa America and the Olympics. But my body will demand some holidays and I don't want to be exhausted come December.

“Argentina and Juve will have a chat, and I hope to play at least one of those tournaments.

“My best goal? The spinning one against Sassuolo. It was a shot worthy of a game of pool. But the most important is still my first one, in Shanghai, because it gave me a lot of confidence.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala: Messi is my idol, I want him to join Juventus :|

The 22-year-old attacker says the Barcelona star "does things that no one else can do"
and would love to see him ditch the Spanish giants to team up with him in Italy.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/04/15/22413822/-?

Apr 15, 2016

Paulo Dybala says Lionel Messi is a unique talent in world football and would love to see the Barcelona star join Juventus.

The Argentine has been at Barcelona since he was 13 and is expected to remain with the Catalan giants for the remainder of his career.

That does not stop Dybala from dreaming of welcoming the five-time Ballon d'Or winner to Turin.

"He's my idol," Dybala told Corriere della Sera. "He does things that no one else can do.

"Since Ronaldinho doesn't play anymore, I would like Messi to join Juventus."

Juve are doing fine without Messi, though, as Massimiliano Allegri's side sit six points clear at the Serie A summit and are on course for a fifth consecutive Scudetto.

It would mark a spirited comeback from Juve's poor start to the campaign, which saw the champions take just five points from their opening six games.

Dybala, who has scored 18 goals this season, added: "It would be amazing. They took us for dead, but the way we kept going and the desire of this team in each game showed we knew this championship to be ours."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

34e7ujn.jpg

Juventus Striker Says Serie A Is
Most Difficult League To Play In

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/04/juventus-striker-says-serie-a-is-most-difficult-league-to-play-in/?

Apr 15, 2016

Serie A’s reputation for extensive tactics makes it the hardest league to play in, says Juventus striker Paulo Dybala.

Dybala has graced the peninsula ever since his move from Instituto to Palermo back in 2012, scoring a very respectable 35 goals in the seasons since. With that experience considered, he feels as though he is in a good position to assess the difficulty of Serie A.

“Italian football isn’t the most beautiful that there is,” he admitted to Corriere della Sera.

“But, it is the most difficult league to play in because it is so tactical.”

Barcelona icon Lionel Messi has been likened to Dybala in the past due to similarities in their playing styles, and the youngster seemingly confirmed that he built his game with fellow Argentine Messi in mind.

“Messi is my idol,” he said.

“He does things that nobody else can do. Since Ronaldinho doesn’t play any more, if I could bring anyone to Juventus it would be Messi.”

Dybala also talked injuries during his interview with the newspaper, suggesting that he’ll be ready to feature against former love Palermo this coming weekend.

“I’m ready to return to the pitch against Palermo,” he insisted.

“Yesterday I returned to training with the team, I was at 100 per cent and had no problems.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala not the new Del Piero - Allegri

The boss has stressed that there are subtle differences in the way
the former Palermo man plays in comparison to the club legend.

sol7cl.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/04/21/22637112/-?

Apr 21, 2016

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has stressed that Paulo Dybala is not the heir to club legend Alessandro Del Piero.

Del Piero is Juve's record appearance-maker and goalscorer after a glittering 19-year association with the club that yielded six Serie A titles and one Champions League.

Dybala's superb debut season in Turin has led to comparisons being made with World Cup-winner Del Piero.

But, speaking after the Argentinian striker scored twice in Juve's 3-0 win over Lazio on Wednesday, Allegri said: "Dybala is not the new Del Piero. They have different characteristics.

"Paulo is the glue between midfield and attack. He is different than Del Piero.

"Paulo has improved a lot this season. I expected him to perform like this. He is a clever guy who has clear objectives. He plays quite far away from the goal and has grown a lot.

"He has to follow his own path. He has improved a lot this season and he must keep on developing next term."

Dybala has scored 16 Serie A goals this season, a total bettered only by his compatriot and Napoli star Gonzalo Higuain.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

3 Areas for Paulo Dybala to Improve
on to Become a Juventus Great

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2635528-3-areas-for-paulo-dybala-to-improve-on-to-become-a-juventus-great?

Apr 28, 2016

With Juventus having clinched a fifth consecutive Serie A title, the thoughts of many in Turin have already turned to the future, wondering just how far the current side could go if it remains intact for the 2016/17 campaign.

Indeed, in a recent interview with Mediaset Premium, coach Massimiliano Allegri stated his belief that the Bianconeri could go on to achieve European success if the club resists offers for his best players.

“We must confirm this squad, because it’s a young group and we want to do well in the Champions League,” the Juve boss said (h/t Football Italia). “Our exit this time was rather hard to swallow. We made an impressive comeback in Serie A to win after that bad start, but we can still do even better.”

No player has arguably done more to fuel the Old Lady's title push than Paulo Dybala, the striker weighing in with 20 goals and eight assists since joining the club during the 2015 summer transfer window.

According to their official website, Juventus paid Palermo €32 million for the Argentina native—a further €8 million could be paid if the player meets certain targets—and he has undoubtedly begun to repay that sum, with his new coach praising him in that aforementioned Mediaset interview.

“Dybala is a fine player and very intelligent," Allegri continued. “He enjoys himself playing in almost a trequartista role, connecting the forwards to the midfield. He has very clear ideas on what he wants to do.”

OptaPaolo ✔ ‎@OptaPaolo
21 - Paulo Dybala is the youngest player who had a hand in 21+ goals (13 goals, 8 assists) this season over the top-5 European leagues. Star

Such has been his impact during this impressive debut season in Turin that it is difficult to identify areas where the 22-year-old could improve, but his ability with his weaker foot in undoubtedly chief among them.

While Dybala has struck 15 league goals with his favoured left boot, his right has bagged just one—a close-range effort from a Sami Khedira cross against Lazio in April.

He has also struggled in the air and is yet to score with a header, having won just 0.1 aerial duels per game, according to WhoScored.com. That weakness is reinforced in the Squawka graphic above, highlighting that the forward has won just four of the 25 such battles he has contested in Serie A this term.

The same image also points to another aspect of the game in which Dybala could improve, showing he has won just 13 tackles in his 32 Serie A appearances for Juventus to date. Numbers from WhoScored.com support that notion, indicating the Argentina international has averaged just 0.5 tackles, 0.4 interceptions and no clearances per game.

That means he ranks last among Juve’s attacking players in two of three defensive categories. This is the one area where Dybala has yet to match the impact made by compatriot Carlos Tevez since replacing him at Juventus.

Of course, the younger man was brought to Turin for his attacking prowess, but looking to match the effort and tenacity of the former Manchester United man would be a major step toward realising his ambition of helping the Old Lady to even more honours.

“Playing for a great club like Juventus represents an important step for me,” Dybala told reporters at his first press conference as a Bianconeri player last July. “I hope to develop both as a player and as a person and to become a key member of the team. This is the perfect club to start winning things in my career.”

Now well on his way to doing just that, if he improves these three minor flaws in his play, Dybala could certainly become a genuine Juventus great in the years to come.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala, Coman & Saul dominate European
Young Player of the Year awards

The Juventus forward ousted team-mate Paul Pogba to win the Serie A prize, while
Atletico Madrid's midfield sensation beat one of his colleagues in goalkeeper Jan Oblak.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2885/europe/2016/04/29/22914852/-?

Apr 29, 2016

Paulo Dybala, Ousmane Dembele, Kingsley Coman and Saul Niguez have been voted Goal's Young Player of the Year in their respective leagues.

Dybala has scored 16 goals and notched eight assists for champions Juventus this season and received 42 per cent of the votes of Goal readers for the Serie A prize.

The 22-year-old beat team-mate Paul Pogba to first place, with AC Milan sensation Gianluigi Donnarumma also in contention for top spot.

Fiorentina starlet Federico Bernardeschi, Inter hitman Mauro Icardi and Torino striker Andrea Belotti completed the top six.

In Ligue 1, 18-year-old Rennes sensation Dembele topped the voting on 39 per cent having registered 12 goals and five assists in 23 appearances.

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot and Sofiane Boufal of Lille pushed the Rennes man close for the accolade, with Thomas Lemar, Vincent Koziello and Alban Lafont some way adrift.

There was no shock in the Bundesliga poll as Coman's superb season at Bayern Munich earned him almost half of all votes cast.

The 19-year-old has contributed four goals from the wing in the league and another two in the Champions League and placed ahead of Borussia Dortmund wonderkid Julian Weigl.

Borussia Monchengladbach prospect Mahmoud Dahoud came in third place and Julian Brandt, Jonathan Tah and Timo Horn completed the shortlist.

Atletico Madrid's match winner against Bayern Munich in midweek, Saul, was crowned Goal's Young Player of the Year in La Liga, seeing off competition from his team-mate Jan Oblak.

The Atleti duo dominated the voting ahead of Denis Suarez of Villarreal and Athletic's Aymeric Laporte, with Marco Asensio and Inaki Williams rounding out the contenders.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala 'always trusted Juventus'

http://www.football-italia.net/83647/dybala-always-trusted-juventus?

Apr 30, 2016

Paulo Dybala said his first glorious season at Juventus “was exactly what I expected. I always knew we’d win and this way was even more exciting.”

The Argentine arrived from Palermo over the summer and struggled to settle in at first, especially with the Bianconeri trailing then-leaders Inter by 12 points at the end of October.

“It was an extraordinary season for the way we won the Scudetto and how everything developed just made it even more joyful,” Dybala told Tuttosport.

“It was exactly what I expected, because in my three years in Italy I had already realised there wasn’t a team as strong and as successful as Juventus. There is no other stadium that strikes fear into the opponents, just nothing like it.

“I knew that I was coming to one of the best teams in the world and that proved to be the case. No, I never regretted my decision. Never. Not even in the worst moment, when we were 12 points off Inter.

“I was aware we had made many changes, that many of us still had to understand what Juventus really was and that we had many mechanisms that needed to be refined.

“Above all, I knew it was all still in our own hands. We just had to win games… and that’s what we did.

“Now it’s all even better, as the idea of winning it with this comeback was even more exciting.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: 'Juventus for 20 years!'

http://www.football-italia.net/83657/dybala-juventus-20-years?

May 1, 2016

Paulo Dybala admits he’d love to “become a monument at Juventus for 20 years” and win the Ballon d’Or, but leaves the 10 to Paul Pogba.

The Argentine spoke to Tuttosport after winning the Scudetto in his maiden season in Turin.

“Could I become like Alessandro Del Piero and Gigi Buffon? Yes, I can picture that. Their story fascinates me: 20 years with the same shirt makes you a monument.

“I cannot promise it, because this is not only up to me, but it would be wonderful to win what they’ve won and stay at Juventus forever.”

Unlike Buffon, Dybala would prefer to have the Champions League in his trophy cabinet.

“The worst moment was the elimination to Bayern Munich. It still hurts now. I was watching at home due to my injury and couldn’t even be there to gain experience. Logically, I thought we’d done it until we conceded at the last minute. We were so close!

“Claudio Marchisio is my most important teammate, as he was close to me from the first day. Buffon, Patrice Evra and the other veterans are the wisest, as they have a more mature way of facing the locker room atmosphere.

“They teach us to joke at the right moments and to work when we need to work. I have no idols now, but my Bianconeri teammates are reference points for me.

“As an opponent I felt the fear of stepping into the Juventus Stadium and it’s difficult to concentrate with the crowd so close to the pitch. No other stadium in Italy has the same atmosphere and effect on the opposition.

“Now that I am at Juve, I see the rivalry, especially on social networks. Italy is divided in two groups: half of them support Juventus, the other half hate them!”

Dybala wore the Number 10 jersey at Palermo, but is happy to let Pogba hold on to it at Juventus.

“I would like to wear the 10, but it is occupied. I hope it will remain occupied for a long time. I don’t know if Pogba will stay, as that is his choice.”

Included in the Argentina preliminary squad for the Copa America, Dybala has been compared to Leo Messi.

“It is pleasing and the comparison doesn’t weigh on me. I don’t know if I’ll become like Messi, but my objective is to win the Ballon d’Or.

“I will say that in Italy there is much better defending and it’s a tactical type of football. The little clubs do not play in a wild and careless way they do in Spain. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo would not have scored 80-90 goals in Italy.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala claims Messi, Ronaldo would score less in Italy

The attacker says that the "careless" nature of defending in La Liga
makes it easy for the two forwards to dominate, while he targets the Ballon d'Or.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/05/01/22999262/dybala-messi-would-score-less-in-italy?ICID=TP_HN_3

May 1, 2016

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo would not score 80 goals a season if they played in Serie A, according to Juventus forward Paulo Dybala.

Dybala has been one of the driving forces behind Juve's Scudetto success this season with 16 goals as Massimiliano Allegri's men retained their crown ahead of Napoli and Roma.

As good as he has been, his goalscoring record looks average at best when compared to the likes of Messi and Ronaldo, who have regularly passed 50 goals a season during their time in Spain.

Dybala, though, believes a lack of tactical nous in La Liga has enabled the Barcelona and Real Madrid stars to thrive.

He told Tuttosport: "I will say that in Italy there is much better defending and it's a tactical type of football.

"The little clubs do not play in a wild and careless way as they do in Spain, although Atletico Madrid are changing this mentality. Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo would not have scored 80-90 goals in Italy.

"Perhaps they would get 40 like Higuain but not 80."

Dybala has been compared to Messi, his fellow Argentine, and the 22-year-old is hoping to emulate the Barcelona star in winning the game's biggest individual honour.

He added: "It is pleasing and the comparison doesn't weigh on me. It means that if you commit and work hard you can become one of the greats.

"I don't know if I'll become like Messi, but my objective is to win the Ballon d'Or."

Dybala, who joined Juve from Palermo in August, would be happy to see out his career in Turin and try to emulate club greats Gianluigi Buffon and Alessandro Del Piero.

"Yes, I can picture that. Their story fascinates me: 20 years with the same shirt makes you a legend," he said.

"I cannot promise it, because it is not only up to me, but it would be wonderful to win what they've won and stay at Juventus forever."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Juventus gladiators!’

http://www.football-italia.net/83874/dybala-%E2%80%98juventus-gladiators%E2%80%99?

May 5, 2016

Paulo Dybala compares Juventus’ season to the film ‘Gladiator’.

The Bianconeri had a poor start to the season, but have since won 25 out of 26 League games, and GQ asked the Argentinian forward to describe the season as a film.

“I really like Gladiator,” Dybala replied.

“Like us, Maximus Decimus Meridius didn’t start well, then his wife and son were killed. But with his inner strength he was able to kill Commodus.

“It was what he wanted, just as we wanted to win the Scudetto at all costs.”

Dybala was then asked for his best Juventus goal.

“The one against Sassuolo, because the ball went exactly where I wanted it. When you can do exactly what you picture in your head, you’re happy.

“The best of my career? It’s hard to pick one, the first one that comes to mind is the one from Palermo-Genoa last year.

“It was very similar to the goal against Sassuolo, I cut in on my left foot and tried to place it in the corner, a technical move I like a lot.

“Dab dancing with Paul Pogba? It’s Paul’s thing, I just follow him. He’s very cheerful, always dancing and singing.

“One day he jokingly said ‘the first time we both score in a game, let’s celebrate like that’ and then it happened.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Why Paulo Dybala Is the 1 Player
Juventus Can't Afford to Lose This Summer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2638756-why-paulo-dybala-is-the-1-player-juventus-cant-afford-to-lose-this-summer?

May 11, 2016

The manner in which Juventus overcame their poor start to the 2015/16 campaign needs little introduction; the Bianconeri reeled off wins with remarkable consistency since their comeback began in late October of last year.

Even the reasons for the resurgence from Italian football’s grand Old Lady have been widely discussed, with previous posts lauding the form of Gigi Buffon (here) and Paul Pogba (here) and explaining their march to the Serie A title in greater detail.

Both have been absolutely essential to the success enjoyed by the Turin giants, yet when looking for an answer to the question of who is the one player Juventus cannot afford to lose this summer, the response is neither of those two men.

Simply put, it is Paulo Dybala.

The Argentinian striker arrived from Palermo last summer, with Juve’s official website noting that he signed a five-year contract and the two clubs had agreed an initial fee of €32 million with a further €8 million in potential extra payments “if certain performance-related targets are met.”

OptaPaolo ✔ ‎@OptaPaolo
20 - Paulo Dybala is the youngest player who has taken part in 20+ goals in the top5 European Leagues 15/16. Special

Dybala began to repay that investment immediately, netting in August’s 2-0 Supercoppa Italiana triumph against Lazio, and he continued to thrive even as the team struggled in the early part of the season.

Indeed, while Juventus may have been languishing in the bottom half of the table after 10 rounds of league action, the 22-year-old had already registered four goals and two assists. Then, of course, came the 2-1 win over city rivals Torino on October 31, since which time Dybala has proved to be an even more influential figure for the Bianconeri.

Three times—against AC Milan (on November 21), AS Roma (January 24) and Sassuolo (March 11)—he has netted in 1-0 wins, and Massimiliano Allegri has been emphatic in his praise of the impact made by the club’s latest South American star.

“Dybala is a fine player and very intelligent,” the Juve boss told Mediaset Premium last month (h/t Football Italia). “He enjoys himself playing in almost a trequartista role, connecting the forwards to the midfield. He has very clear ideas on what he wants to do.”

That came after the striker had put on a wonderful match-winning display against Lazio, with the FourFourTwo StatsZone graphic in the tweet below highlighting the scale of his impact in a match where Dybala was simply unstoppable.

Adam Digby ‎@Adz77
Paulo Dybala v Lazio: 2 goals, 6 on-target shots, 30/34 passes (88.2%) 4/6 take-ons, 1 int, 1 block (via @StatsZone)

Scoring once from the penalty spot and then again with a right-footed strike from Sami Khedira’s neat pass, all six of his shots against the Biancocelesti were on target. Dybala connected with 30 of his 34 passes—an impressive 88.2 per cent success rate—and completed four of the six take-ons he attempted.

Lazio, like most opponents in Serie A, have had little answer for the Cordoba native, who also impressed in the UEFA Champions League. Having scored his first-ever goal in the competition in the last-16 clash with Bayern Munich, an injury ruled Dybala out of the return leg. As the German side progressed, it was very evident just how much Juve missed the the Argentinian's creativity in attack.

Bringing enthusiasm and that touch of brilliance needed to win matches, Dybala has visibly enjoyed his first year with the club—something he discussed in an interview with Tuttosport earlier this month.

Asked if he could spend 20 years with Juventus and replicate the accomplishments of Alessandro Del Piero and Buffon, Dybala told the Turin-based newspaper that he hopes to remain with the club for as long as possible.

“Yes, I can picture that. Their story fascinates me: 20 years with the same shirt makes you a monument,” he said (h/t Football Italia). “I cannot promise it, because this is not only up to me, but it would be wonderful to win what they’ve won and stay at Juventus forever.”

Perhaps two decades will prove to be impossible, but La Madama should do all she can to ensure Dybala is wearing her famous black and white stripes for the foreseeable future, as he clearly is the one player Juventus cannot afford to lose this summer.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

smrn9d.jpg

Has Paulo Dybala Lived Up to His €32M Price Tag?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2640115-has-paulo-dybala-lived-up-to-his-eur32-million-price-tag?

May 16, 2016

Few players in Serie A made more of an impact this season than Paulo Dybala, the Argentina international enjoying a remarkable debut season with Juventus. Contributing an impressive 23 goals and nine assists, he has proved to be indispensable following his move from Palermo last summer.

According to Juve’s official website, the club paid the Sicilians a fee of €32 million for the striker—who signed a five-year contract with the Bianconeri—while a potential further €8 million would be paid “if certain performance-related targets are met.”

The question of whether Dybala has lived up to that price tag is simple to answer for anyone who has paid attention to his performances in those famous black-and-white stripes: yes.

OptaPaolo ✔ ‎@OptaPaolo
28- Paulo Dybala has had a hand in 28 goals this term (19 goals + 9 assists), a record by a Juventus player in Serie A since 2007/08. Update

Seeing his name feature so regularly on the scoresheet is almost enough justification, his Serie A tally of 19 trailing only his compatriot—and runaway Capocannoniere—Gonzalo Higuain, but Dybala’s goals were vital in deciding the destination of two trophies.

While he may add a Coppa Italia to his collection on Saturday, the 22-year-old bagged a goal on his competitive debut for the Bianconeri, a strike which sealed a 2-0 Supercoppa Italiana victory over Lazio back in August.

Dybala’s first league goal would be little more than a consolation effort in a defeat to AS Roma, quickly grabbing a second to snatch a draw with Chievo Verona as Juve struggled in the early weeks of the campaign.

A match-winning effort in a 1-0 win over AC Milan on November 21 was vital in seeing the Old Lady build momentum and was followed by goals in wins over Lazio, Torino and Fiorentina.

Dybala—along with Paul Pogba and Juan Cuadrado—was one of the few Juventus players who shone creatively this term.

Those eight assists highlight a willingness to supply his team-mates with scoring opportunities, Squawka statistics showing his tally of 73 chances created was a team-high and a staggering 20 more than any other member of the squad.

He was a constant thorn in the side of opposing defenders, with WhoScored.com figures showing only Pogba (2.9) completed more dribbles per game than Dybala (2.7). That often led to him being hauled down or kicked, with the same source showing he suffered 2.1 fouls per game, a tally only topped by Cuadrado’s average of 3.1.

Netting a goal against Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champions League round of 16, then watching the team struggle when he missed the second leg, serves to highlight Dybala’s importance.

But perhaps the biggest factor in recognising Juventus are getting superb value for their significant investment is Dybala’s age.

The striker clearly has many years left in his career and recently told Turin-based newspaper Tuttosport (h/t Football Italia) that he would love to spend them replicating the achievements of some iconic figures:

Could I become like Alessandro Del Piero and Gigi Buffon? Yes, I can picture that. Their story fascinates me: 20 years with the same shirt makes you a monument. I cannot promise it, because this is not only up to me, but it would be wonderful to win what they’ve won and stay at Juventus forever.

He went on to say his “objective is to win the Ballon d’Or,” something no fewer than six former Juventus players—Omar Sivori, Paolo Rossi, Michel Platini, Roberto Baggio, Zinedine Zidane and Pavel Nedved—managed to do.

Regardless of whether he is able to join that vaunted list in the years to come, there is little doubt Paulo Dybala’s first season has seen him live up to the hefty €32 million fee Juventus handed Palermo less than 12 months ago.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Still have to improve’

http://www.football-italia.net/84416/dybala-%E2%80%98still-have-improve%E2%80%99?

May 16, 2016

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala still wants to improve, and uses Gigi Buffon as his inspiration - “he’s 38 and gets better every day”.

The 22-year-old joined the Bianconeri from Palermo this summer, and has enjoyed a stellar debut season, scoring 19 goals and providing nine assists.

“What do I see when I look in the mirror?” Dybala considered, speaking to El Pais.

“I see a guy who, even though he’s young and is at a big club, wants to improve and become a top player. It’s like a cat who sees himself as a tiger, I try to have confidence in myself.

“When I go onto the pitch I transform. I like to make jokes and mess about with friends off it. They tell me I have a baby face, but inside I feel like a 30-year-old player.

“Being at Juventus I’m far from a leader, when you look at all the good players here. Gigi is a leader.

“The first few times I met him it really struck me, he transmits just how much he wants to win and grow. He’s 38 and gets better every day.

“It’s easier to win with him, because he creates this huge inner strength.

“What have I learned at Juve? The desire to win every day. There are players here who have won everything, they could relax but they still fight to keep winning.

“To see that as a lad of 22 is fundamental.”

Dybala arrived in Europe from Instituto at the age of just 18, and names former Palermo Coach Gennaro Gattuso as one of those who helped him adapt.

“Being muscled by opponents is what was more difficult for me, I had to work hard in the gym, also to avoid kicks and blows. I wasn’t used to it.

“Did Gattuso help? He helped a lot, because he was the one kicking me!

“He gave me advice on how to avoid them and how to position myself. He gave me kicks in training to teach me how to defend myself.”

Finally, the striker was asked about the source of his mature attitude.

“In my house, it was always said that the main thing was to finish school, and I did that,” Dybala explained.

“Then there was the blow I suffered when I was 15 and my father died. I grew up a lot. I lived away, so as I didn’t have my mum to make breakfast for me I learned to make my own food. I had no choice but to change my mentality.

“Travelling to Europe when I was 18 was also a big change. That’s what I saw when I looked at my teammates who were my age.

“I matured faster than them, because I had to do other things: organise travel, go to the bank. That helps you to mature and be careful, because you’re dependent on yourself.

“In addition, there are a lot of children who look up to me, who want to be like me, so you have an image to maintain, to be humble and help people.

“You can never make a mistake. It’s ok, but sometimes I want to be like my friends and have no worries.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Real’s Dybala bid rejected?

http://www.football-italia.net/84487/real%E2%80%99s-dybala-bid-rejected?

May 18, 2016

Juventus have reportedly rejected an offer in the region of €70-80m for Paulo Dybala from Real Madrid.

The Argentine forward signed for the Bianconeri from Palermo last summer and has thrived in his debut season, scoring 19 Serie A goals in 34 league appearances.

Tuttosport has reported today that La Liga giants Real Madrid have come forward with a bid of €70-80m for the 22-year-old, which was turned down.

The outlet believes that the Old Lady won’t have particular problems keeping Dybala this summer as he wants to stay in Turin.

Juve paid the Rosanero €32m for the striker last summer, meaning they have turned away an opportunity to more than double their investment after only one year.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Staying at Juventus’

http://www.football-italia.net/84513/dybala-%E2%80%98staying-juventus%E2%80%99?

May 18, 2016

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala quashes talk he could move to Real Madrid - “my future is definitely here”.

It was reported this morning that the Bianconeri had rejected an offer for the Argentine international, and the former Palermo man was asked about those rumours at the media day.

“I don’t know anything about it so I can’t say anything,” Dybala shrugged.

“My future will definitely be here. I strongly believe in myself, nobody expected a year like this in terms of goals and wins.

“Next year we want to win the Champions League.”

Dybala then turned his attention to Saturday’s Coppa Italia final with Milan.

“We started this season by winning the Supercoppa in Shanghai, so it’d be nice to finish it by winning the Coppa Italia. It’d be the icing on the cake of everything we’ve done.

“We can’t underestimate the match or leave anything for our opponents. It’s a final, a one-off game.

“We can’t give anything up, we have to prove we’re the better team.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

No room for Tevez or Dybala in Argentina Copa America squad

The Juve star is likely to feature at the Olympics after being left out for the
US tournament, while an improvement in form from his predecessor was not enough for a place.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/586/copa-america/2016/05/20/23766442/-?

May 20, 2016

Carlos Tevez has been excluded from Argentina's 23-man squad for the Copa America Centenario, while Juventus ace Paulo Dybala and Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta also miss out.

But despite Boca Juniors star Tevez and Dybala not making the squad, Argentina – runners-up in three of the last four editions – are not short on attacking options.

Ezequiel Lavezzi's move to the Chinese Super League has not affected his standing with coach Gerardo Martino, as the 31-year-old has made the cut.

Dybala could feature at the Olympics, while Martino will be able to turn to leading trio Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Gonzalo Higuain in America.

Nicolas Gaitan, Angel Di Maria and Erik Lamela offer plenty of options to support the strikers as well.

Manchester United's Sergio Romero remains likely to take the number one jersey despite limited playing time this season, ahead of Nahuel Guzman and Mariano Andujar.

In defence, late bloomer Gabriel Mercado's recent good form for his country sees the 29-year-old River Plate man selected.

He is joined by Manchester City's Nicolas Otamendi, United's Marcos Rojo and Everton's Ramiro Funes Mori.

Ahead of them Javier Mascherano adds versatility with the ability to play in midfield or defence, while Lazio's Lucas Biglia and Paris Saint-Germain's Javier Pastore bring more creative qualities to the centre of the park.

Argentina face Panama, Bolivia and reigning champions Chile in Group D.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

xofhxd.jpg

Dybala: Juventus will not release me for Olympics

After being left out of Argentina's Copa America Centenario squad, the striker has now
revealed he does not expect to feature for his country in Rio this summer either.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/723/serie-a/2016/05/22/23805832/-?

May 22, 2016

Paulo Dybala has revealed Juventus have him he will not be given permission to represent Argentina at the Olympic Games.

Gerardo Martino left Dybala out of his 23-man squad for next month's Copa America Centenario in the United States.

Despite the Juventus striker's absence, Argentina still possess a squad boasting the attacking talents of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Angel Di Maria, Nicolas Gaitan, Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and Gonzalo Higuain.

Dybala confessed he had been banking on a place in the Copa America squad, with Juve having told him they would not make him available for Rio due to a clash with the start of their Serie A campaign.

"I regret not having been called up for the Copa America because I already knew the club would not release me for Rio," he told DirecTV.

"I wanted to be in the United States, but you have to respect the coach's decision.

"It is difficult to form an attack with all these phenomena."

Dybala scored 23 goals in 46 appearances for Juve this season as the Turin giants became the first Italian side to complete a Serie A and Coppa Italia double for the second successive season.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

2yvo10i.jpg

Juventus striker Paulo Dybala 'disappointed' after
not getting called up to Argentina's Copa America squad

http://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2016/5/22/11735368/paulo-dybala-juventus-argentina-2016-copa-america-roster-no-call

May 22, 2016

With the way he has played this season, it would have been easy to think that Juventus striker Paulo Dybala was in position to get a spot on Argentina's roster for this summer's Copa America. He was one of the biggest reasons why Juventus were able to win a fifth straight title and end the season — again — by celebrating a domestic double.

But just because what we think seems simple doesn't always end up that way.

Dybala wasn't called up by Argentina manager Gerardo Martino when rosters for this summer's Copa America were announced earlier this week. Instead, one of the country's brightest young talents will watch his countrymen take on the likes of Chile, Brazil and others from either a sandy beach somewhere or from the comfort of his home in Italy. Either way, Dybala isn't going to be making his way to the United States this summer to be playing for his country. And on top of that, as he has told us, he won't be part of the Argentinian contingent at the Summer Olympics, either.

"I did expect to be called up, because Juventus had already told me I couldn't take part in the Olympics and so I hoped for the Copa America. I have to respect the decisions of the Coach, as it is not easy to put together a squad with so many phenomenal strikers. It's disappointing, but Juventus won't give me permission to go to Rio."

(Source: Football Italia)

For one, Dybala isn't the only one who expected him to be called up. There's always going to be a massive amount of competitiveness for spots on the Argentina roster when it comes to attackers. Leo Messi's gonna be there. Gonzalo Higuain is going to be there after the insane season he just had with Napoli. And Sergio Aguero will be there. Those are three of the best in the business. And, because Martino chose to go with Nicolás Gaitán and Ezequiel Lavezzi, Dybala is going to be watching from somewhere other than the Argentina bench.

The interesting part of his quote above is the fact that he's stated that Juve aren't allowing him to go to the olympics. Obviously it's doubling up on disappointment when it comes to chances to represent his country this summer at one competition or the other. I am sure Juve have their reasons for not letting him go to Rio this summer, just as Dybala has his reasons why he wants to go. Will we get Juve's side of it? Who knows, but I wouldn't mind hearing it sooner or later.

I guess the main thing is now that Dybala gets to enjoy a full summer off. If he continues to play at this level — and probably get even better than he already is — there will be other tournaments to play in with Argentina. But, for now, a summer of rest is what Dybala will get, and it's probably going to end up being the best thing for him. Well earned, I'd say.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Juve reject €90m Dybala bid?

http://www.football-italia.net/84792/juve-reject-%E2%82%AC90m-dybala-bid?

May 23, 2016

Juventus have reportedly turned down a €90m bid for Paulo Dybala from Barcelona.

The 22-year-old has enjoyed a superb debut season with the Bianconeri, scoring 19 Serie A goals in 34 games.

Tuttosport reports today that the Turin club received a proposal worth €90m plus bonuses for the striker from Barcelona.

However, the Old Lady turned down the bid as they have no intention of selling Dybala and the Argentine wants to stay at the club.

As well as Barca, clubs such as Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Manchester City, PSG and Manchester United are believed to be interested in the forward.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130769 messaggi

swcy9l.png

Dybala: ‘Juve said no to Olympics’

http://www.football-italia.net/84823/dybala-%E2%80%98juve-said-no-olympics%E2%80%99?

May 23, 2016

Paulo Dybala reveals he’d have been in the Argentina squad for the Olympic Games, but “Juventus said no”.

The forward has not been included in the Albiceleste squad for the Copa America this summer, but could have played at the Olympics in Rio.

However, with the Games starting in August, the Bianconeri were unwilling to release one of their star men.

“I’ve never had an opportunity to play in a tournament for La Seleccion, and it would have been nice to do it with my teammates,” Dybala told reporters as he arrived in Argentina after the Coppa Italia final on Saturday.

“Unfortunately it’s not down to me. I knew I’d have been in the squad for the Olympics, I’d spoken to Tata Martino, but Juve said no.

“My idea was to be part of the squad for the Copa America or the Olympics, but unfortunately it’s not to be. My club are betting on me and want me to be in top condition for next season.

“Juve weren’t in a position to let me go, and when I talked to them I understood their decision.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti