Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2018-2019

130788 messaggi

Home

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpj1RcEjjGbP0Ptg6aHR

ATLETICO MADRID - JUVENTUS

2lboryb.png                      105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png              

Champions League 2018-2019 - Last 16 - First Leg

Wednesday, february 20th 2019 - 9:00 p.m. CET 

8.00 p.m. UK time - 8.00 p.m. GMT
Estadio Wanda Metropolitano - Madrid
Referee: Felix Zwayer (Germany)

HT 0-0: VAR denied penalty for Atletico in Madrid

Dz4HsaLXcAE8Lcd.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/134923/ht-juve-thank-var-madrid

Feb 20, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann free kicks were well saved, but Juventus thanked VAR after an Atletico Madrid penalty was overturned.

The Bianconeri went all out attack with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Cristiano Ronaldo, but Douglas Costa was injured and Sami Khedira ruled out for a month following heart surgery. Atleti missed Lucas Hernandez at left-back, but ex-Juventus striker Alvaro Morata was benched in favour of Diego Costa.

These sides had met only twice before in the Champions League 2014-15 group stage, Juve losing 1-0 in Madrid to an Arda Turan strike and drawing 0-0 in Turin.

Within 45 seconds the Atleti players were already crowding around the referee asking for a penalty, but Blaise Matuidi’s high foot caught Antoine Griezmann after he had already spun and kicked the ball off target.

Diego Costa was booked for shoving Leonardo Bonucci in the defensive wall and will be suspended for the second leg in Turin. From that free kick, Ronaldo’s ferocious effort was dipping under the bar, palmed over acrobatically by Jan Oblak.

Bonucci turned a free header over the bar from a corner and Thomas Partey’s snapshot was straight at Wojciech Szczesny.

The referee had awarded a penalty for the hosts when Mattia De Sciglio slipped and caught Diego Costa’s ankle, but the VAR booth confirmed the contact – which was soft at best – was outside the box. Szczesny then palmed that resulting Griezmann free kick out of the near top corner.

Paulo Dybala’s strike from distance was easily blocked by Oblak, but Thomas Partey was booked for taking down La Joya and he too will be suspended for the second leg.

Atletico Madrid 0-0 Juventus (Half-Time)

Atletico Madrid: Oblak; Juanfran, Gimenez, Godin, Filipe Luis; Saul Niguez, Thomas, Rodri, Koke; Diego Costa, Griezmann

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi; Dybala, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Zwayer (GER)

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

2lboryb.png         2-0           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png              

José Giménez 79'

Diego Godin 83'

CL 2-0: Juventus defeated by Atletico

Dz4XMh4WoAE5-sh.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/134923/cl-juventus-annihilated-atletico

Feb 20, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo and Antoine Griezmann free kicks were well saved, but Juventus thanked VAR after an Atletico Madrid penalty was overturned.

The Bianconeri went all out attack with Paulo Dybala, Mario Mandzukic and Cristiano Ronaldo, but Douglas Costa was injured and Sami Khedira ruled out for a month following heart surgery. Atleti missed Lucas Hernandez at left-back, but ex-Juventus striker Alvaro Morata was benched in favour of Diego Costa.

These sides had met only twice before in the Champions League 2014-15 group stage, Juve losing 1-0 in Madrid to an Arda Turan strike and drawing 0-0 in Turin.

Within 45 seconds the Atleti players were already crowding around the referee asking for a penalty, but Blaise Matuidi’s high foot caught Antoine Griezmann after he had already spun and kicked the ball off target.

Diego Costa was booked for shoving Leonardo Bonucci in the defensive wall and will be suspended for the second leg in Turin. From that free kick, Ronaldo’s ferocious effort was dipping under the bar, palmed over acrobatically by Jan Oblak.

Bonucci turned a free header over the bar from a corner and Thomas Partey’s snapshot was straight at Wojciech Szczesny.

The referee had awarded a penalty for the hosts when Mattia De Sciglio slipped and caught Diego Costa’s ankle, but the VAR booth confirmed the contact – which was soft at best – was outside the box. Szczesny then palmed that resulting Griezmann free kick out of the near top corner.

Paulo Dybala’s strike from distance was easily blocked by Oblak, but Thomas Partey was booked for taking down La Joya and he too will be suspended for the second leg.

Diego Costa wasted a huge opportunity on 50 minutes when sent clear by Griezmann, as Bonucci did just enough to put him off and the striker fired wide with Szczesny going the wrong way.

Szczesny flew to fingertip a remarkable Griezmann lob on to the crossbar and Chiellini hoofed the rebound clear. Alex Sandro went into the book and will be suspended for the second leg.

Alvaro Morata replaced Costa to face his former club, as Atleti made all three changes in the space of 10 minutes. It almost worked, as Morata nodded in a Filipe Luis cross from the left, but the referee went to view VAR footage and ruled the striker had pushed his old teammate Chiellini in the back.

Atleti finally managed to break through when a clearance from a corner bounced off the prone Bonucci, who was down after the tiniest contact to the face from Gimenez, and Gimenez pounced on the loose ball from close range. There were more complaints, but this time there was no rescue from VAR.

Another set play and bad defending made it 2-0, as the free kick was intercepted by Mandzukic in the six-yard box, but the clearance only went as far as Diego Godin to score from a tight angle.

Juve tried to fight back and at least get an away goal, but Ronaldo pulled back a free kick to the edge of the box for the ferocious Federico Bernardeschi strike that Oblak flew to fingertip out from under the bar.

Atletico Madrid 2-0 Juventus

Gimenez 79 (A), Godin 83 (A)

Atletico Madrid: Oblak; Juanfran, Gimenez, Godin, Filipe Luis; Saul Niguez, Thomas (Lemar 61), Rodri, Koke (Angel Correa 67); Diego Costa (Morata 57), Griezmann

Juventus: Szczesny; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Bentancur, Pjanic (Emre Can 72), Matuidi (Cancelo 84); Dybala, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Zwayer (GER)

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

2lboryb.png         2-0           105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png              

José Giménez 79'

Diego Godin 83'

Chiellini: 'Knew of set play danger'

221351015-6811cd01-d2ee-4d55-a968-5013f6

https://www.football-italia.net/134925/chiellini-knew-set-play-danger

Feb 20, 2019

Giorgio Chiellini admits Juventus “should’ve been more focused on set plays,” but believes they can overturn a 2-0 defeat to Atletico Madrid.

The two late goals came from a corner and a free kick that were not cleared effectively and turned in on the rebound, after Atleti already had a penalty revoked and goal disallowed via VAR.

“Incidents decide games, we knew they were very dangerous on set plays and we should’ve been more focused. Now we’ll hit the reset button and try to turn this around,” the captain told Sky Sport Italia.

“We are certainly not happy, it’s a heavy result to fight back from, but we’ll give it our all in Turin.

“We started positively, a we knew their qualities, but should’ve been more focused on the set plays. There are three weeks to prepare and we’ll gamble it all in Turin.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

José Giménez 79'

Diego Godin 83'

Allegri: 'Atleti force Juve to play badly'

221409098-7bac2f1b-684b-4d8e-84f6-382dba

https://www.football-italia.net/134929/allegri-atleti-force-juve-play-badly

Feb 20, 2019

Max Allegri felt Juventus fell into the Atletico Madrid trap, as “they force you to play badly. We got it wrong in the second half, but 2-0 can be overturned.”

The Bianconeri had a great deal of possession at the Wanda Metropolitano, but nowhere near enough chances and were rescued twice by VAR when a penalty was revoked for being outside the box and Alvaro Morata goal was disallowed for a push on Giorgio Chiellini.

They were undone by two late goals, both from the failure to effectively clear dead ball situations.

“The second half was ugly, as we made the mistake of following their lead. Atleti are very good at letting a game go by without a shot on goal,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We had already run a risk on a counter from a ball we gave away, but we didn’t have a shot on target in the second half. Atleti came out much more aggressively on set plays and caught us by surprise.

“Now we have the chance to turn this around, we must have faith, we’ll have some players back and there’s no point crying over spilt milk. We knew it was going to be tough, that Atletico Madrid force you to play badly, with a slow tempo. We moved the ball quicker in the first half, but not in the second.

“We got the approach wrong in the second half. It’s that simple. These things can happen, there will be great disappointment after this 2-0, but we can turn it around. It won’t be easy, we need a great second leg, but it can be done and we must have faith.”

Alessandro Del Piero and Fabio Capello both said Atleti played with a Champions League tempo and Juventus did not.

“You have to move the ball quickly and precisely against Atleti to open up the spaces. We didn’t do that as much in the second half and after the second goal we lost our organisation, risking a third goal, that is not acceptable.

“Fortunately we didn’t concede a third, because 2-0 is a result that can be easily turned around. We’re not dead yet, we weren’t dead after losing 2-0 at home to Real Madrid, let alone now we’ve got the second leg at home.

“It’s important to maintain the focus, organisation and keep our heads, because everything can be overturned.”

Both goals were practically identical, set plays that were not cleared and a centre-back pounced on the rebound.

“We got accustomed to their bland tempo and at the same time didn’t defend well, so at those moments they suddenly changed gear and became more determined than us. They’ve been doing this for eight years, it’s not new.

“Atleti do this all the time, they make you play in bland fashion. We didn’t concede on moves, because Atletico don’t really score those goals. They score on the counter and on set plays. The difference was that they are accustomed to this type of game and we are not.”

Considering how solid Atletico Madrid are in defence, how can Juve score at least two goals in Turin and not concede?

“I don’t know what I’ll do for the second leg, as I don’t know what men I’ll have available. You can’t catch Atletico Madrid out in the open, because they never play like that, they defend in blocks. You need patience, to move the ball around quickly and precisely to force the openings.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

José Giménez 79'

Diego Godin 83'

Simeone: 'Gesture came from the heart'

224800117-836f8c6c-2168-45d1-867d-41b53e

https://www.football-italia.net/134927/simeone-gesture-came-heart

Feb 20, 2019

Diego Simeone explained his controversial celebration after Atletico Madrid beat Juventus 2-0 and “we fully expect to suffer in the second leg.”

Atleti had a penalty revoked because VAR showed it was outside the box, then an Alvaro Morata goal disallowed for a push on Giorgio Chiellini.

Both goals came in the space of four minutes with set plays that weren’t dealt with properly and fired in on the rebound from close range.

“We had put in a great performance against Borussia Dortmund. We got important players back like Koke and Costa, we were able to play an intelligent game against a huge team with very strong players,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“We had to make the most of every situation we could get. It’s a very good result.”

Every time Atletico have won the first leg 2-0, they have qualified for the next round.

“We know that we are facing a great team, a great club and great champions in Turin. We fully expect to suffer in the second leg.”

Simeone’s celebration after the goal caused some controversy, as he grabbed at his crotch, a gesture he had already done as a player with Lazio.

“I did it as a player in Lazio-Bologna and I did it again to show our fans that we have cojones. It wasn’t aimed at the other team, I was turning towards our own supporters.

“It’s not a nice gesture, I admit, but I felt the need to do it. It was such a tough game, we fought so hard and Diego Costa worked really hard when he wasn’t 100 per cent fit. I had to show what I was feeling.

“I can only apologise if anyone was offended, but I did it from the heart.”

View image on Twitter

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

Schermata_2018-08-11_alle_16.14.17.png

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png        ..   ........ 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png

..       25th Matchday

Sunday, february 24th 2019 - 3:00 p.m. CET 

2.00 p.m. UK time - 2.00 p.m. GMT
Renato Dall'Ara Stadium - Bologna

Referee: Gianpaolo Calvarese

Allegri: 'Just Juve wins are boring'

134321756-0418ea01-b1c1-4254-b3ee-5c43b5

https://www.football-italia.net/135031/allegri-just-juve-wins-are-boring

Feb 23, 2019

Max Allegri maintains Juventus should use the Atletico Madrid defeat “as an opportunity to do something extraordinary, as life is boring if you win all the time. I think we’ve got a good chance of qualification.”

The Serie A game with Bologna kicks off on Sunday at 14.00 GMT - 15.00 CET.

Inevitably, the Press conference was dominated by the fall-out from Wednesday’s 2-0 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid, with the second leg looming large on March 12.

“We have 20 days to prepare for this match with great enthusiasm, the maximum adrenaline rush and it must be a wonderful evening. I don’t know if we’ll go through or not, but we have to do everything to make it happen.

“That also means winning the next three Serie A games to ensure we’re in the best condition come March 12. Tomorrow we face a Bologna side with a new Coach who have a different spark about them now.

“I say we are fortunate to experience these next 20 days, because life is made of these things. If we won every game, life would become flat and boring.

“It wasn’t easy before the first leg result, it won’t be easy on March 12, as we are up against an Atletico Madrid side that has won a great deal over the last nine years. I don’t know if the ball will go in or not, if we’ll qualify or go out, but the important thing is to give it our all, because on March 12 it is THE challenge.

“If we were to play Atleti again this Wednesday, for example, we’d certainly get eliminated. We need this period to recuperate and sort issues out, bit by bit. I like this sort of experience more than a 0-0 draw. Now we can go out there and see what happens.

“This is hardly a bad season, though, as Juve have won the Supercoppa, were knocked out of the Coppa Italia and now we’ve got the Champions League, where once you reach the knockouts, anything can happen.

“The only certainty I have is that we’ll be ready on March 12. I think we’ve got a good chance of qualification. We must turn what happened in Madrid into an opportunity to do something extraordinary.

“I’ve enjoyed myself so far at Juventus, as we won eight out of nine trophies in Italy. I had fun. The moment I no longer have fun is the moment I stop.

“Right now, we just need to keep quiet, as quite rightly the fans and newspapers are free to criticise and might even help recharge our batteries.

“Expectations are higher this year, so there is a little disappointment and frustration, but it shouldn’t be, because there is a game to be played still. We’ve got to get the adrenaline pumping and await March 12 with enthusiasm.

“Life is like that, you need ups and downs for it to be interesting. It’s not as if the Scudetto is just handed to us, we have to earn it week by week. Bringing home trophies in any season is not easy and that has to be made clear.”

Miralem Pjanic had played in Madrid despite suffering from flu symptoms and a fever, so he will certainly rest against Bologna tomorrow.

“Pjanic is half-dead right now and was being practically given the last rites, so I currently have two-and-a-half midfielders,” joked Allegri.

“I need to evaluate whether to rest Cristiano Ronaldo. The only thing I know for sure now is that Mattia Perin will start. Giorgio Chiellini needs to be evaluated too. Joao Cancelo will play tomorrow. I don’t know where he’ll play, but he’ll play.

“We could use Mario Mandzukic, Ronaldo, Paulo Dybala, even all three plus Federico Bernardeschi. It depends on how all the others are doing. Tomorrow we’ll use the best line-up available to win that game.

“This season, there were some setbacks we could not have imagined, ruling out Emre Can, Juan Cuadrado, Douglas Costa and Sami Khedira. You can’t plan for those. Naturally, in the long run, it takes a toll on the players who had to fill in.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       25th Matchday

Unwell Pjanic included in Juve squad

D0GqxJZX4AIKlUk.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/135046/unwell-pjanic-included-juve-squad

Feb 23, 2019

Juventus are without Emre Can, Sami Khedira and Douglas Costa for the trip to Bologna, but Miralem Pjanic is included despite flu.

It kicks off on Sunday at 14.00 GMT - 15.00 CET.

Pjanic played through gritted teeth in Wednesday’s 2-0 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid and Coach Max Allegri joked in today’s Press conference that the Bosnian was “given the last rites.”

Nonetheless, Pjanic is in the squad travelling to the Stadio Dall’Ara, one of only three midfielders.

That’s because Khedira is out for a month after heart surgery, Douglas Costa and Juan Cuadrado are still injured, with Emre Can suspended.

Juventus squad for Bologna: Szczesny, Perin, Pinsoglio; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Caceres, Alex Sandro, Barzagli, Bonucci, Cancelo, Rugani, Spinazzola; Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur; Ronaldo, Dybala, Mandzukic, Kean, Bernardeschi

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       25th Matchday

Juventus change system in Bologna?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bologna juventus 2019

https://www.football-italia.net/135070/juventus-change-system-bologna

Feb 24, 2019

Juventus could revamp their tactics against Bologna, with a potential switch to 3-4-3 or adapted 4-4-2.

It kicks off at the Stadio Dall’Ara at 14.00 GMT - 15.00 CET.

The Bianconeri are coming off a heavy 2-0 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid and some of these adjustments could also be the start of preparations for the second leg on March 12.

That result was the culmination of several poor performances, including a 3-0 Coppa Italia exit at the hands of Atalanta last month and 3-3 draw with Parma in Serie A.

Max Allegri must also deal with injury issues, as Sami Khedira and Juan Cuadrado are out for at least another month each following heart and knee surgery respectively.

Douglas Costa is also injured, Emre Can suspended and Miralem Pjanic struggling with flu symptoms.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Juventus will switch to a 3-4-3 formation to bolster the wings in the absence of a strong midfield.

Martin Caceres could play at centre-back with Giorgio Chiellini potentially rested in favour of Daniele Rugani.

Federico Bernardeschi scored against Bologna in the Coppa Italia earlier this season and can adapt to several different systems or roles.

The former Fiorentina man is likely to start rather than Paulo Dybala, but there’s no rest for Cristiano Ronaldo or Mario Mandzukic.

Another alternative would be a 4-4-2 formation, with Caceres instead moved to right-back.

Joao Cancelo would therefore be on the right wing in a more advanced role, with Bernardeschi on the left.

Possible line-up

Juventus (3-4-3): Perin; Caceres, Bonucci, Rugani; Cancelo, Bentancur, Matuidi, Alex Sandro; Ronaldo, Mandzukic, Bernardeschi

Juventus (4-4-2): Perin; Caceres, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Cancelo, Matuidi, Bentancur, Bernardeschi; Cristiano Ronaldo, Mandzukic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

..       25th Matchday

Line-ups: Bologna v Juventus

D0LGQHBXgAE_uYd.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/135074/line-ups-bologna-v-juventus

Feb 24, 2019

Juventus move Joao Cancelo and Federico Bernardeschi into wide roles and drop Paulo Dybala for the trip to revitalised Bologna.

It kicks off at the Stadio Dall’Ara at 14.00 GMT - 15.00 CET.

The Bianconeri were stunned by a 2-0 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid on Wednesday and all eyes are already on how they can possibly turn this around in the second leg on March 12.

Meanwhile, they can maintain or even extend the 13-point lead at the top of the Serie A table with a visit to the Stadio Dall’Ara.

Max Allegri is forced into some changes, as Sami Khedira, Juan Cuadrado and Douglas Costa are injured, with Sami Khedira suspended and Miralem Pjanic still struggling with flu symptoms.

There were several options available, including a move to 3-4-3, but instead they seem to have settled for a 4-3-3 with Cancelo as part of the trident attack and Bernardeschi in midfield.

Mattia De Sciglio gets the nod rather than Martin Caceres at right-back, with Alex Sandro chosen instead of Leonardo Spinazzola on the left.

Dybala is dropped, as there is no rest for Cristiano Ronaldo and Mario Mandzukic.

Bologna have certainly improved since Sinisa Mihajlovic replaced Pippo Inzaghi, including a victory over Inter at San Siro.

Mattia Destro, Rodrigo Palacio and Federico Mattiello are out injured, so Nicola Sansone, Simone Edera and Roberto Soriano support hitman Federico ‘Ropero’ Santander in an all-attack formation.

Juventus are unbeaten at the Dall’Ara in Serie A since a 3-0 thrashing in November 1998, followed by 10 wins and five draws.

Bologna: Skorupski; Mbaye, Danilo, Helander, Dijks; Poli, Pulgar, Soriano; Edera, Santander, Sansone

Juventus: Perin; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro; Bernardeschi, Bentancur, Matuidi; Cancelo, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png       0-1 ..   .......105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png     

Paulo Dybala 67'

..     25th Matchday

Juve thank Dybala in Bologna

D0LrYo5W0AMcRQ-.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125309

Feb 24, 2019

Juventus scraped a barely-deserved victory at the Dall’Ara thanks to substitute Paulo Dybala, as Bologna had the better of the game and hit the upright in stoppages.

The Bianconeri were shocked on Wednesday by a 2-0 Champions League defeat to Atletico Madrid, so felt the need to shake things up. Emre Can was suspended, with Sami Khedira, Douglas Costa and Juan Cuadrado injured, Miralem Pjanic struggling with flu, so Joao Cancelo was moved into the trident attack for a 4-3-3 formation with Federico Bernardeschi in midfield. Bologna were revitalised by Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic, but Mattia Destro, Rodrigo Palacio and Federico Mattiello were out of action.

Juventus are now unbeaten at the Dall’Ara in Serie A since a 3-0 thrashing in November 1998, followed by 11 wins and five draws.

It was a very aggressive start from the hosts, Federico Santander’s back-heel flick just over from a Dijks cross, then Nicola Sansone’s strike whistled wide from the edge of the box.

Bologna dominated the first half, as both Simone Edera and Santander skimmed the upright with daisy-cutters.  

Bernardeschi finally had the first real chance on 32 minutes when he cut inside down the right and placed a left-foot curler inches past the far top corner of the net.

The Rossoblu continued to create the best opportunities and only desperate defending prevented them taking the lead on 55 minutes. A corner ricocheted around with Alex Sandro’s decisive clearance almost on the line to deny Ibrahima Mbaye.

Allegri had to shake things up and introduced Paulo Dybala, returning Cancelo to a full-back role. It paid off, because the substitute scored the opening goal eight minutes later.

Dybala had spread the play down the left for Blaise Matuidi, but Filip Helander’s terrible interception on the cross came straight back to the Argentine, who drilled into the far bottom corner from 12 yards.

Bologna were disheartened and still imprecise, as Soriano again fired wide from the D, but were very unlucky in stoppages when Sansone’s strike was palmed on to the upright by Mattia Perin.

Bologna: Skorupski; Mbaye, Danilo, Helander, Dijks; Poli (Donsah 78), Pulgar (Falcinelli 85), Soriano; Edera (Orsolini 52), Santander, Sansone

Juventus: Perin; De Sciglio, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro (Dybala 59); Bernardeschi (Chiellini 87), Bentancur, Matuidi (Pjanic 78); Cancelo, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Ref: Calvarese

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

BOLOGNA - JUVENTUS 

1249.png       0-1 ..   .......105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png     

Paulo Dybala 67'

..     25th Matchday

Allegri: 'Fitness levels the main issue'

3ee3d1032c2e9bb2cf88ca7170e19727-72634-1

https://www.football-italia.net/135081/allegri-fitness-levels-main-issue

Feb 24, 2019

Max Allegri admits Juventus played Bologna with “a hangover” from the Atletico Madrid defeat and believes their biggest problem right now is fitness.

Paulo Dybala came off the bench to scrape a 1-0 win at the Stadio Dall’Ara, but Nicola Sansone’s shot was tipped on to the upright in stoppages.

“It was only natural there would be a hangover after such an important game as the Champions League. We allowed Bologna very little until the final save that Mattia Perin made to turn it on to the upright,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“This is a crucial result, as it means we’ll go into the head-to-head with Napoli at least 13 points clear at the top of the table.

“We’re hoping to get some players back, although Douglas Costa is probably the only one who could recover. We’re glad that Napoli are coming up, because that is an important test for us just before Atletico.”

There were some tactical adjustments with Joao Cancelo in the trident attack and Federico Bernardeschi in midfield.

“It’s one game from the start and another when coming on for the last 20 minutes. I asked Cancelo to give us more width and he has more room there to push forward and make the most of his characteristics.”

Allegri was asked if some of these changes could be used for the second leg against Atletico Madrid on March 12.

“I’ll see if I get some divine inspiration. We could’ve done better in attacking between the lines, but the side we face in Turin will be very different. I think they’ll be even more defensive and clammed up, so we have to be more precise in our passing.”

Juve have looked sluggish for a while now and Allegri insists it has nothing to do with the January break.

“Miralem Pjanic has been coughing, sneezing and had a temperature for a week now. I actually asked him before he went on today if he could even breathe properly and he said yes.

“Giorgio Chiellini had half a game against Frosinone after that calf injury and then played in Madrid. The fitness levels will certainly improve over the next couple of weeks.

“I said we were fortunate that we aren’t playing Atleti again for a while, because I knew the condition of several players was not good and we can improve it.

“Of course, I don’t know that, it might be a disaster in the second leg, but I doubt it. I am optimistic and have faith we can turn this around.

“I tell the lads we need to put a few drops in the bottle every day and by the time we reach March 12, it’ll be pretty full.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

napoli-128x128.png            ..   ........ 105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png                      

..     26th Matchday

Sunday, march 3rd 2019 - 8:30 p.m. CET 

7.30 p.m. UK time - 7.30 p.m. GMT
San Paolo Stadium - Naples

Referee: Gianluca Rocchi

Ronaldo resumes Juve training

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor cristiano ronaldo juventus

https://www.football-italia.net/135236/ronaldo-resumes-juve-training

Feb 28, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo should be passed fit to face Napoli in Serie A this weekend after the Juventus forward took part in training on Thursday.

It was feared Ronaldo would miss the trip to San Siro on Saturday with an ankle problem, but Juve confirmed on their official website that the Portuguese ‘trained normally’ with the rest of the squad.

A decision must now be made on the No 7, given the Bianconeri are 13 points clear of Napoli and need to come back from 2-0 down against Atletico Madrid in their Champions League last-16 tie.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

..     26th Matchday

Chiellini eyes 'final KO'

https://www.football-italia.net/135239/chiellini-eyes-final-ko

Feb 28, 2019

Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini believes victory over Napoli on Sunday would ‘end the title race’ in Serie A and be ‘the final knockout’.

Juve travel to the San Paolo 13 points clear of Napoli at the Serie A summit, and Chiellini admitted he could not see any of the Old Lady’s rivals catch up with them, providing they beat the Partenopei.

“We still had some waste from Madrid in our heads and legs against Bologna,” the 34-year-old told Sky Sport Italia.

“You always pay the price for Champions League matches and we have another important one coming up, but we had to give an impression of solidity and we did that.

“Obviously we weren’t fluid, but it was difficult. We picked three important points and got over a heavy defeat.

“On Sunday we have another big game against a team who, in recent years, have made us sweat and then we’ll have plenty of time to prepare for the second leg against Atletico.

“We must give it a little thought every day, but it mustn’t burden us. Napoli will play to restart the title race and prove they’re at least as strong as we are.

“We want to end the title race and show we’re not top by chance. It’ll be a more open Napoli-Juventus because both teams will be up for it.

“I remember so many of their strikers, without forgetting Hamsik’s runs. I’ve won a few times in Naples, especially in recent years.

“It’s a clash that brings me luck. One year I scored an important goal after three months out. We drew 1-1 with my goal and then increased our lead the following Sunday.

“I remember that match and that of last year: it wasn’t a beautiful match but an important one. It’s always a difficult clash and one for the treble.

“Over the years we’ve made the most of our characteristics. A perfect alchemy was created to help the team.

“I’m happy that Barzagli has returned to the group. I’m convinced he can help us in the final three months of the season.

“He’s a person who, both inside and out, is very important and can still help us as a starter or as a substitute. I’ve seen only a few defenders like him in years gone by.

“I have a lot of respect for Hamsik. Like me, he’s lived a life with only one colour. He didn’t just play for Napoli but after Brescia, he made history at his club so I respect him a lot.

“He made an important decision. Maybe I wasn’t expecting him to leave this early but when these things happen, you must have the courage to make a decision, even in mid-season, and it must be accepted and respected.

“Ancelotti knows how to deal with these situations and manage them in the best way. I’ve always rated him highly for his philosophy and approach to football and life, and he’s reaping the fruits of his labour in Naples.

“It wasn’t easy to follow Sarri, but he’s giving them a new identity with more or less the same players.

“Napoli deserve to be in the position they’re in. We’re doing something extraordinary, but we mustn’t think it’s over.

“Clearly a victory at the San Paolo would be the final knockout.”

Chiellini was then asked how the match would impact on the Bianconeri’s Champions League last-16 second leg against Atletico Madrid.

“I don’t know about the win, but our performance will be important for Atletico Madrid,” he replied.

“Sometimes you can put in a great performance and lose the game with a single mistake, or you can win by playing badly.

“Right now we need a good performance and I’m convinced the team will do well. After that, the result will depend on incidents.

“We’ll be facing a team who have great players and are complete. Our lead is important. Whoever says it isn’t is crazy.

“I didn’t expect it, also because we dropped points in games that we shouldn’t have, but the path we’ve taken has been extraordinary and our 13-point lead is more our doing than the faults of others.

“The League aside, this game means a lot to both us and them with regards to showing our strength.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

..     26th Matchday

Allegri: 'Expectations outside reality'

151811740-eaf98855-7979-4412-9d07-ac8a7c

https://www.football-italia.net/135303/allegri-expectations-outside-reality

Mar 2, 2019

Max Allegri complained Juventus “expectations are based outside of reality” in the Champions League, while predicting a highly-motivated Napoli.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.30 GMT - 20.30 CET.

These sides are the top two yet again, but there is already a 13-point gap between them in the Scudetto race.

This week, Allegri suddenly shut down his Twitter and Instagram accounts, leading many to wonder what prompted this action.

“I’ve never been a big fan of social media and consider it normal to leave just as I went in to it. I don’t even know what I was talking about the other day at dinner, but I just said I’d close my social media accounts. It seems normal enough to me,” said the Coach in his Press conference.

“I was frankly amazed there was all this clamour, wondering what strategy I was planning, what psychological war I was waging. I just sent a message out after games, not much else. This is a return to normality.

“Social media is a valid tool, but not for everyone. You see so many issues and insults and people hiding behind their keyboards, but that’s nothing to do with me or with football. It’s society.

“We’ve got a marvellous Serie A match coming up, then SPAL and after that Atletico Madrid. In four years we’ve achieved great things, we’re still in the running for the Scudetto and Champions League. It’s a pity about the Coppa Italia, but we won four, so it can go wrong sometimes.

“I was disappointed by the reaction, because people had created some expectations Juventus had to go to Madrid and beat Atletico 3-0. It’s not an intelligent assumption, not one for people with their feet on the ground.

These are expectations based on something that is entirely outside of reality. We were missing four important players. You can lose one game and make up for it in Serie A over the next 12 rounds, but in the Champions League you can lose once and that’s it, you’re out.

“I understand constructive criticism, but not when expectations are beyond reality. It is not normal to win, it is always extraordinary and must always be treated as such. If you don’t, then that’s not my problem.

“Let’s not forget in my tenure, Juventus lost 11 games in the Champions League, including ones against Young Boys and Sevilla where we were already qualified, Manchester United in bizarre fashion, then Barcelona, Real and Atletico. I am not a fan of statistics, but that’s an impressive statistic.

“I was angry with the way we lost to Atletico Madrid, but I was angry with myself, not with the critics. I am the Coach and set the example, but I also have to be accepted for who I am.

“We should focus on Napoli, a stadium packed with people eager to beat us. We must play with intelligence, sharpness, intensity, clear heads and knowing it’s never over at the San Paolo.

“Tomorrow is very important, as a victory would improve our chances of winning the Scudetto. It’s a big game for Napoli, as they have within them this incredibly strong desire to beat us and prove they are on our level. It’s a battle between two sides who have fought for the Scudetto in recent years.

“It’ll be a different game to some of our more recent ones, as Napoli play in a more open and attacking manner, so it won’t be as tactically static.

“We’re playing two thirds of the Scudetto tomorrow night. The strongest and most reliable team always wins at the end of the season.”

Allegri was asked about his tactical choices against Napoli, especially with Cristiano Ronaldo’s knock to the ankle.

“Ronaldo trained with the team and will play tomorrow. Sami Khedira needs tests. We hope to get Douglas Costa back against Atletico Madrid, but Juan Cuadrado is still a long way off recovery.

“If we play Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi along with Mario Mandzukic and Ronaldo, then the only forward on the bench would be Moise Kean. So in that case, one out of Dybala or Bernardeschi would be on the bench and be an important option to come on as a substitute. Tomorrow either Emre Can or Rodrigo Bentancur will start in midfield.”

The thoughts and questions kept drifting to March 12 and the second leg of their Champions League Round of 16 with Atletico Madrid, having lost 2-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano.

“The team will reach the second leg against Atletico in great shape, because we’ll make the most of the time to improve our fitness levels. Leonardo Bonucci and Giorgio Chiellini had only played one game before the first leg, so will certainly improve, while Miralem Pjanic had flu in Madrid.

“We will certainly be ready for that game. People assumed we were dead and buried already in the Champions League, which sparked the usual rumours about whether Allegri would be leaving, etc, etc.

“At the end of the season, I will meet with the President, the same way I do every single year, and decide whether we want to continue together or each go our separate ways.

“I give my contribution and try to set the right tone. If a defeat prompts people to see total darkness, then something is wrong.”

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

..     26th Matchday

Probable line-ups: Napoli v Juventus

D0uH6L5WwAEea3A.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/135336/probable-line-ups-napoli-v-juventus

Mar 3, 2019

Napoli are expected to start Arkadiusz Milik with Lorenzo Insigne, while Juventus use Emre Can and Federico Bernardeschi, benching Paulo Dybala.

It kicks off at the Stadio San Paolo at 19.30 GMT - 20.30 CET.

Max Allegri confirmed in his Press conference that Cristiano Ronaldo will start, despite an ankle issue, while he has to choose between Emre Can and Rodrigo Bentancur in midfield, then Dybala or Bernardeschi in a linking role.

According to the latest reports out of the Juve camp, Emre Can will get the nod alongside Miralem Pjanic and Blaise Matuidi.

Bernardeschi is the favourite to play in attack, sending Dybala to the bench again, as La Joya was also dropped only to come off the bench and score the winner at Bologna last week.

Former Fiorentina man Bernardeschi provides more versatility, as he can play in midfield, as part of a trident attack or a trequartista, all without changing personnel.

Douglas Costa, Sami Khedira and Juan Cuadrado remain on the treatment table.

Napoli have Mario Rui back from his injury lay-off, but the Portugal international is only expected to be on the bench.

Carlo Ancelotti is instead leaning towards Kevin Malcuit and Faouzi Ghoulam in a more attack-minded pair of full-backs.

The only other choice is in attack, as Insigne returns from suspension against Parma, with Arek Milik expected to get the nod rather than Dries Mertens.

Probable line-ups

Napoli: Meret; Malcuit, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Callejon, Allan, Fabian, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

..     26th Matchday

Line-ups: Napoli v Juventus

Image may contain: 1 person, text

https://www.football-italia.net/135361/line-ups-napoli-v-juventus

Mar 3, 2019

Paulo Dybala is dropped to the Juventus bench in favour of Federico Bernardeschi, while Napoli pick Arkadiusz Milik, Lorenzo Insigne and Elseid Hysaj.

It kicks off at the Stadio San Paolo at 19.30 GMT - 20.30 CET.

Coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed in his Press conference that Cristiano Ronaldo will start after recovering from a knock to the ankle, while he had to choose between Emre Can and Rodrigo Bentancur in midfield, then Dybala or Bernardeschi in a linking role.

Emre Can gets the nod, with Miralem Pjanic now recovered from a bout of flu.

In attack, Dybala is benched again in favour of Bernardeschi, who can shift to make it a 4-3-3, 4-4-2 or a 4-3-1-2 formation, as he is so tactically versatile.

Douglas Costa, Sami Khedira and Juan Cuadrado are still out of action.

Napoli have Mario Rui back from his injury lay-off, but the Portugal international is only on the bench.

There had been a decision to make between Elseid Hysaj and Faouzi Ghoulam, with the Albanian considered in better physical condition.

Carlo Ancelotti picks on form Kevin Malcuit at right-back, with Raul Albiol still injured and Nikola Maksimovic joining Kalidou Koulibaly in the centre.

The only other choice was in attack, as Insigne returns after missing the 4-0 win at Parma through suspension, with Arek Milik picked rather than Dries Mertens.

Napoli (official): Meret; Malcuit, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Callejon, Allan, Fabian, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

Napoli bench: Ospina, Karnezis, Chiriches, Ghoulam, Luperto, Mario Rui, Diawara, Verdi, Ounas, Mertens, Younes

Juventus (official): Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Perin, Pinsoglio, Rugani, Barzagli, Caceres, Spinazzola, De Sciglio, Bentancur, Dybala, Kean

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

..     26th Matchday

HT 0-2: Juventus lead, 10-man Napoli see red

D0wqYr7XgAIRtcZ.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/135367/ht-juventus-lead-10-man-napoli-see-red

Mar 3, 2019

Alex Meret saw red, as 10-man Napoli trail Juventus 2-0 at half-time with a Miralem Pjanic free kick and Emre Can header.

It was first against second, although with a 13-point gap perhaps not the same level of Scudetto showdown it had been in recent years. Raul Albiol was injured for the hosts, who opted for Kevin Malcuit at right-back, while the Bianconeri missed Sami Khedira, Juan Cuadrado and Douglas Costa, but dropped Paulo Dybala in favour of Federico Bernardeschi.

Piotr Zielinski pounced on a Leonardo Bonucci error to curl inches wide of the far post, but Napoli were punished for a huge mistake just 25 minutes in. Kevin Malcuit’s poor back-pass was intercepted by Cristiano Ronaldo, who went down as Alex Meret came tearing out to challenge. The referee judged there to be sufficient recklessness for a straight red card, as it denied a clear scoring opportunity.

Arkadiusz Milik was sacrificed to allow replacement goalkeeper David Ospina on and the Colombian’s first task was picking the ball out of the net.

Juve had not scored a single free kick this season, but Miralem Pjanic curled a great attempt up and over the wall to give Ospina no chance.

Napoli almost equalised immediately, as Fabian Ruiz floated a splendid ball over the top for Zielinski, whose angled drive bounced off the inside of the far post and back out again.

Ospina palmed a Pjanic snapshot out from under the bar and on the resulting corner, it was flicked on for Emre Can’s free header from six yards to double Juve’s lead.

Napoli 0-2 Juventus (Half-Time)

Pjanic 28 (J), Emre Can 39 (J)

Napoli: Meret; Malcuit, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Callejon, Allan, Fabian, Zielinski; Milik (Ospina 26), Insigne

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo

Ref: Rocchi

Sent off: Meret 25 (N)

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

napoli-128x128.png           1-2..  105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        

Miralem Pjanic 28'

Emre Can 39'

José Callejon 59'

..     26th Matchday

Controversial and chaotic Napoli-Juve

D0w5XdnX0AEgEfb.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125319

Mar 3, 2019

Juventus emerged with a dramatic and controversial 2-1 win at the Stadio San Paolo, with Alex Meret and Miralem Pjanic sent off, Lorenzo Insigne missing a late penalty.

This result opens up the gap at the top of the table to 16 points and the Scudetto race is effectively now over, but it was again far from a convincing display.

It was first against second, although with a 13-point gap perhaps not the same level of Scudetto showdown it had been in recent years. Raul Albiol was injured for the hosts, who opted for Kevin Malcuit at right-back, while the Bianconeri missed Sami Khedira, Juan Cuadrado and Douglas Costa, but dropped Paulo Dybala in favour of Federico Bernardeschi.

Piotr Zielinski pounced on a Leonardo Bonucci error to curl inches wide of the far post, but Napoli were punished for a huge mistake just 25 minutes in. Kevin Malcuit’s poor back-pass was intercepted by Cristiano Ronaldo, who went down as Alex Meret came tearing out to challenge. The referee judged there to be sufficient recklessness for a straight red card, as it denied a clear scoring opportunity.

Arkadiusz Milik was sacrificed to allow replacement goalkeeper David Ospina on and the Colombian’s first task was picking the ball out of the net.

Juve had not scored a single free kick this season, but Miralem Pjanic curled a great attempt up and over the wall to give Ospina no chance.

Napoli almost equalised immediately, as Fabian Ruiz floated a splendid ball over the top for Zielinski, whose angled drive bounced off the inside of the far post and back out again.

Ospina palmed a Pjanic snapshot out from under the bar and on the resulting corner, it was flicked on for Emre Can’s free header from six yards to double Juve’s lead.

However, within a minute of the restart, Juventus also went down to 10 men. Pjanic was already on a yellow card when he used his arm to interrupt an Allan pass and was sent off.

Napoli were swarming and got back into it when Insigne floated a ball across the face of goal from the left and Callejon snuck up behind Giorgio Chiellini to tap in.

Suddenly, it was a siege on the Bianconeri with crosses and shots coming in from all angles. Allan’s strike drifted wide of the near top corner, substitute Dries Mertens just failed to get on the end of a dangerous ball from six yards, Zielinski stole behind defenders to sting Szczesny’s gloves from close range and then the Poland international’s rising strike was fingertipped out from under the bar.

VAR was called into action when the umpteenth Napoli corner was charged down by Alex Sandro’s arm and although it grazed the chest, that did not change the direction of the ball. The referee therefore awarded a penalty, but Insigne fired it on to the base of the upright.

The controversy continued, as Koulibaly was booked for what seemed to be a clean tackle on Rodrigo Bentancur, then moments later did not receive a card for a much rougher tackle on substitute Paulo Dybala.

Napoli: Meret; Malcuit (Mertens 46), Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Hysaj; Callejon (Ounas 78), Allan, Fabian, Zielinski; Milik (Ospina 26), Insigne

Juventus: Szczesny; Cancelo (De Sciglio 60), Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Emre Can, Pjanic, Matuidi; Bernardeschi (Dybala 84), Mandzukic (Bentancur 73), Cristiano Ronaldo

Ref: Rocchi

Sent off: Meret 25 (N), Pjanic 48 (J)

Missed penalty: Insigne 83 (N)

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

napoli-128x128.png           1-2..  105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        

Miralem Pjanic 28'

Emre Can 39'

José Callejon 59'

..     26th Matchday

Allegri: 'Juventus need patience'

993f1354b9800f9e7f9d23ee5670a74e-37375-1

https://www.football-italia.net/135369/allegri-juventus-need-patience

Mar 3, 2019

Max Allegri defended the referee after a 2-1 win at Napoli, discussed his Juventus future and the need for “patience” against Atletico Madrid.

It was a controversial match with refereeing decisions that satisfied nobody, because there were questions as to whether Alex Meret made contact with Cristiano Ronaldo for the red card, while the penalty given against Alex Sandro was harsh.

The fact remains both teams had a man sent off and Lorenzo Insigne fired the spot-kick against the upright for a final 2-1 Juventus victory.

This opens up a 16-point lead at the top of the table and the Scudetto race is to all intents and purposes now over.

“I fell asleep, as I should’ve replaced Pjanic when he had the first card. He was at risk, but I didn’t expect him to handle,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We lost some of our organisation, Napoli gained courage and the crowd pushed them forward. We had a chance to score another, but then we defended well and on the penalty Insigne missed.

“The rules, from what I’ve been told, state that Meret should be sent off whether he makes contact or not. The referee decided, as did the VAR. The referee had a good game and he read the situations well.

“However, we made far too many mistakes with our passing, we got too deep and allowed Napoli forward. On the positive side, we were able to suffer under pressure.

“I had put Bernardeschi behind their midfielders to help set up Mandzukic and Ronaldo, but we weren’t able to get those balls between the lines. After we took the lead and they went down to 10 men, I preferred to move things around.”

Allegri was asked about the Champions League, as Juve must overturn a 2-0 first leg defeat to Atletico Madrid on March 12.

“We’ll need a lot of patience, cool heads and focus in that game, because we could end up at the 70th minute without a goal. That won’t mean we are eliminated.

“It’s important we shake off this pressure, because this is a football match, it has to be played. We need to be more relaxed and take our chances.”

With the eighth consecutive Scudetto practically under lock and key, questions moved to Allegri’s future.

“Naturally, with a 16-point advantage and the superior head-to-head record, it’s a good lead, but nothing can be said until it’s mathematically secure.

“With regards to my future, I already said we’ll sit down to talk about this season and the next. I am very happy to be at Juventus, but it takes two to reach an agreement on the best route to take.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

NAPOLI -JUVENTUS

napoli-128x128.png           1-2..  105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png        

Miralem Pjanic 28'

Emre Can 39'

José Callejon 59'

..     26th Matchday

Pjanic apologises for red card

d6aa19aa0ec1192eae9d004afbb9d249-34867-1

https://www.football-italia.net/135371/pjanic-apologises-red-card

Mar 3, 2019

Miralem Pjanic apologised for his red card during the 2-1 Juventus victory against Napoli. “From the euphoria of a goal to guilt for leaving my teammates down to 10.”

The midfielder curled in a free kick to break the deadlock at the Stadio San Paolo, but received a second yellow card straight after the restart for handball.

“From the euphoria of a goal to guilt for leaving my teammates down to 10 men, to celebrating a fundamental victory,” wrote the Bosnian on Instagram.

“Obviously, I apologise to everyone and in any case the decisions of the referee must always be respected, just like the verdict on the field!”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

Buffon and PSG recurring nightmare

222533201-3d1c1361-5b96-4773-9687-2a917f

https://www.football-italia.net/135463/buffon-and-psg-recurring-nightmare

Mar 6, 2019

Gianluigi Buffon’s Champions League nightmare continues, as Paris Saint-Germain were knocked out by a last-gasp Manchester United penalty.

PSG had a 2-0 first leg lead at Old Trafford, but become the first team ever to overturn that result in the Champions League.

Romelu Lukaku pounced on a terrible back-pass to put United ahead within two minutes, then Juan Bernat equalised straight away.

A long-range Marcus Rashford strike bounced right in front of Buffon, bounced off his chest and Lukaku was more alert than the Parisian defenders to the rebound.

PSG still had the lead on aggregate until stoppages, when Presnel Kimpembe was judged to have handled in the box.

Rashford converted the penalty, although Buffon almost got his fingertips to it, and Manchester United won 3-1 on the night, going through on away goals, 3-3 on aggregate.

It means that after last season with Juventus against Real Madrid, Buffon has for the second year running gone out of the Champions League to a debatable stoppage-time penalty.

Fellow Italy international Marco Verratti also crashes out of the tournament, which PSG cannot seem to progress in, no matter how much they spend on the transfer market.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

Simeone avoids Juve touchline ban

Simeone, niente squalifica con la Juve: ci sarà in panchina a Torino

https://www.football-italia.net/135485/simeone-avoids-juve-touchline-ban

Mar 7, 2019

Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone will be able to take his place in the dugout against Juventus next week after avoiding a ban for his explicit gesture.

UEFA’s Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body announced on Thursday that Simeone would instead be fined €20,000.

The former Inter and Lazio midfielder caused controversy with his celebration after Juve had fallen a goal behind in their Champions League last-16 first leg, turning towards the fans at the Wanda Metropolitano and grabbing his crotch.

Although he insisted the gesture ‘came from his heart’, many viewed it as a protest towards VAR, which penalised his side twice.

Nonetheless, AS explains the Argentine attended the hearing and apologised for his actions, arguing it was a spontaneous response, which emphasised the character of his team.

The second leg of the tie takes place in Turin next Tuesday, with Atleti 2-0 up on aggregate.

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

JUVENTUS - UDINESE     ..........

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png....     ..... udinese-128x128.png           

..     27th Matchday

Friday, march 8th 2019 - 8:30 p.m. CET 

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Referee: Daniele Chiffi

Allegri reveals Agnelli meeting

https://www.football-italia.net/135486/allegri-reveals-agnelli-meeting

Mar 7, 2019

Max Allegri says he met Andrea Agnelli ‘last night’, fans need to make more noise and Juventus have ‘a good chance’ against Atletico Madrid.

Agnelli speaking after reports of a rift with Juve President Agnelli and ahead of Friday’s Serie A match against Udinese, which is a dress rehearsal for their Champions League last-16 second leg against Atleti.

“Cristiano Ronaldo is available but he’ll be on the bench,” began the Coach at a Press conference.

“Dybala is still playing with the knock he took in Madrid, Mandzukic has discomfort in his knee.

“They trained apart today but they’re better. I’ll decide tomorrow morning, when we meet up before the game.

“Barzagli is as fresh as a daisy. He has a good chance of playing. I hope our fans come and have fun. It seemed like we we’re playing behind closed doors against Frosinone.

“Andrea Agnelli and I met last night. It’s a meal we have every March, not for good luck but to talk about work.

“Everything that’s been written in the last few days is ‘Scherzi a parte’ [a prank show].

“According to you [journalists], it’s possible that two moderately-intelligent people, who have worked together for five years, fight despite being 16 points clear in Serie A, having won the Supercoppa and still in the race for the [Champions League] quarter-finals.

“We said to each other that we’d talk about the renewal of my contract at the end of the season.

“There’s total harmony between Agnelli and I. I never said I wanted to leave, just as the President has never said that he wanted to send me away.

The rumours about my successors slip right off me. In fact, I enjoy these situations. I always see the sun, even when it’s not there. It’s my philosophy.

“We had a meal and it went well, given we won [against Napoli]. The lads had fun [against Napoli] and brought gloss to a moment of sadness.

“We didn’t play well in the second half, but the team understood the moment of difficulty they were in and fortified themselves.

“You need games like this to go all the way in the League. It happens that sometimes we create fewer chances.

“Five years ago when I arrived, there was a fear of not passing the group stage. The club’s objective has been for the team to have a chance of winning the Champions League every season.

“From the quarter-finals onwards there’s nothing for granted. Now we have a good chance of going through because the waste left behind by the game in Madrid 15 days ago has been disposed of.

“In any case, it’s absurd to say that this season becomes a failure if we go out of the Champions League.”

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png....     ..... udinese-128x128.png           

..     27th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Line-ups: Juventus v Udinese

D1KBgHVWsAEMHJK.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/135545/line-ups-juventus-v-udinese

Mar 8, 2019

Juventus have a total reshuffle of their line-up with Moise Kean, Alex Sandro and Federico Bernardeschi upfront, while Udinese give Ben Wilmot his debut.

It kicks off in Turin at 19.30 GMT - 20.30 CET.

Max Allegri practically secured an eighth consecutive Scudetto with a 2-1 win away to Napoli last week, extending the lead at the top of the table to 16 points.

As the second leg of the Champions League Round of 16 with Atletico Madrid is coming up, and a 2-0 deficit has to be overturned, the Coach takes this opportunity to rest numerous top players.

Mario Mandzukic, Cristiano Ronaldo, Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci and Paulo Dybala are among those left on the bench.

Miralem Pjanic and Joao Cancelo are suspended, with Sami Khedira, Juan Cuadrado, Mattia De Sciglio and Douglas Costa on the treatment table.

Alex Sandro is pushed up into a trident attack with teenager Kean and Bernardeschi.

Udinese must do without Rolando Mandragora, who sits out a ban against his former club, while Valon Behrami, Antonin Barak, Emmanuel Badu, Samir and Marco D’Alessandro are injured.

The Friulani won their last two games on the bounce, but are still hovering above the relegation zone and any point here would be precious.

Argentina international Rodrigo De Paul is supported by Ignacio Pussetto, while goalkeeper Juan Musso also wants to celebrate his recent debut senior Argentina call-up.

The real surprise is 19-year-old Ben Wilmot in midfield, given his Serie A debut after a January transfer from Watford.

He has one cap for England at Under-20 level.

Juventus: Szczesny; Caceres, Barzagli, Rugani, Spinazzola; Bentancur, Emre Can, Matuidi; Bernardeschi, Kean, Alex Sandro

Juventus bench: Perin, Pinsoglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Kastanos, Nicolussi Caviglia, Mavididi, Dybala, Mandzukic, Ronaldo

Udinese: Musso; De Maio, Troost-Ekong, Nuytinck; Ter Avest, Stryger-Larsen, Wilmot, Fofana, Zeegelaar; Pussetto, De Paul

Udinese bench: Perisan, Nicolas, Opoku, Okaka, Ingelsson, Micin, Lasagna, Sandro, Bocic

Ref: Chiffi

• Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130788 messaggi

Home

105px-Juventus_FC_2017_logo.png      4-1.4...     ..... udinese-128x128.png         

Moise Kean 11'

Moise Kean 39'

Emre Can (rigore) 67'

Blaise Matuidi 71'

Kevin Lasagna 84'

...  27th Matchday

Allianz Stadium - Turin

Cracking Kean brace lights up Juve

D1KoZ7jWwAIBSbV.jpg

https://www.football-italia.net/SerieA/match/125333

Mar 8, 2019

Moise Kean scored a spectacular brace to send Juventus on their way to a 4-1 victory over Udinese, but lost Andrea Barzagli to injury again.

With a 16-point lead at the top of the table and the crucial Champions League showdown with Atletico Madrid coming up, Max Allegri rested numerous top names. Miralem Pjanic and Joao Cancelo were suspended, with Douglas Costa, Mattia De Sciglio, Juan Cuadrado and Sami Khedira injured, so Moise Kean got his first start of the season.

The Friulani had won two on the bounce, but remained just above the drop zone, with Valon Behrami, Antonin Barak, Emmanuel Badu, Samir and Marco D’Alessandro out, Rolando Mandragora suspended. The real surprise was 19-year-old Ben Wilmot in midfield, given his Serie A debut after a January transfer from Watford.

Kean opened the scoring with practically his first touch, as Alex Sandro intercepted a loose Wilmot ball, whipped a low ball in from the left and the teenage Italy international slid in to prod home from close range.

Daniele Rugani’s glancing header whistled just wide, while Federico Bernardeschi fired just over from the edge of the box after a sensational control and turn.

Andrea Barzagli made his comeback after four months out, but lasted only 25 minutes. He was visibly frustrated and angry at the latest injury setback and made way for Leonardo Bonucci. Bram Nuytinck picked up what looked to be a calf strain at the same time, so both teams had to make changes.

Kean doubled his lead with the cheekiest of finishes. He intercepted a poor Seko Fofana pass in midfield, surged down the left flank, confused the defender with a step-over, pretended to roll it across to Bernardeschi, but instead prodded it in at the near post with the toes of his right boot.

Kean continued to wreak havoc and was brought down in the box by Opoku for a penalty. However, Emre Can was given the spot-kick duties and sent Juan Musso the wrong way for 3-0.

The fourth was not far behind, as a Rodrigo Bentancur cross from the right found Blaise Matuidi for a header that bounced off the ground and into the far top corner from eight yards. This was the first time all season that Juventus had scored more than three goals in a single game.

However, they didn’t get to celebrate a clean sheet. Kevin Lasagna chested down a Rodrigo De Paul cross-field pass and smashed the low angled drive into the far bottom corner from a tight angle.

There was time for Hans Nicolussi-Caviglia to get his Serie A debut late on.

Juventus: Szczesny; Caceres, Barzagli (Bonucci 25), Rugani, Spinazzola; Bentancur, Emre Can, Matuidi (Dybala 72); Bernardeschi, Kean (Nicolussi-Caviglia 80), Alex Sandro

Udinese: Musso; De Maio, Troost-Ekong, Nuytinck (Opoku 25); Ter Avest (Sandro 63), Stryger-Larsen, Wilmot (Lasagna 46), Fofana, Zeegelaar; Pussetto, De Paul

Ref: Chiffi
  • Like 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti