Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
Socrates

JUVENTUS SEASON 2023-2024

130853 messaggi

Journalist insists Milik’s red card affected the result against Empoli

milik-empoli-2.jpg

Juventus dropped two points in a 1-1 draw against Empoli tonight and now have to defeat Inter Milan in their next match.

Max Allegri’s men headed into that game hoping to secure all three points and position themselves well before the Derby d’Italia.

Allegri was confident his team could win and did not field Danilo, who is one yellow card away from suspension. He wanted the Brazilian to avoid a caution and start the Inter game. That was not a bad decision, but starting Arkadiusz Milik ahead of Kenan Yildiz backfired, as the Polish striker earned a red card inside the first 20 minutes. ............

After the game, journalist Giovanni Guardalà insisted that the red card affected the outcome of the match.

He said:

“Milik’s expulsion had a negative impact on the match. A real shame because Vlahovic had also found the goal as well as having played an excellent match. Milik’s choice was a heavy one, in the afternoon it seemed Yildiz should have played then Allegri chose him. He committed a naivety that at his age and with his experience he shouldn’t have done. 

“At the final whistle, Vlahovic immediately returned to the locker room visibly angry. We can talk about a misstep by Juve on the eve of the direct clash against Juventus. ‘Inter next week. The result certainly has a psychological impact. Empoli played for a draw anyway but Juventus certainly paid for Milik’s expulsion in the first half.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/journalist-insists-miliks-red-card-affected-the-result-against-empoli/

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

“Wrong choices.” Journalist hits out at Allegri’s decision making

Allegri dopo Juventus-Empoli: "Non eravamo mai rimasti in 10, prima o poi  doveva capitare" | Goal.com Italia

Juventus seems to be feeling the pressure of the Serie A title race, as they dropped two points against Empoli this evening.

Max Allegri’s men remain at the top of the league, but Inter Milan now has two games in hand and will return to the top if they win both. ............

However, an early red card to Arkadiusz Milik changed the complexion of the fixture, and journalist Alessandro Santarelli believes there were too many bad choices made before and during the match.

He explains:

“Deep disappointment. We had to be careful, it seemed like a game we had already won, but it wasn’t like that. Wrong game due to wrong choices, you can’t imagine not being able to play against Empoli with Milik and Alex Sandro. Allegri made the wrong formation. Milik he can’t make that foul after a quarter of an hour. 

“The alarm bells went off yesterday when Allegri said he wouldn’t play Danilo for Inter, as if this match had already been won. We have to think match after match. They have the chance to go to Florence, win and go within one with a game in hand. This team needed reinforcements, but the club has always said that the objective was fourth place. Up until now, Juve has done a fabulous ride. This week the match was poorly prepared. We are all angry this evening.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/wrong-choices-journalist-hits-out-at-allegris-decision-making/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Allegri insists Inter remain Scudetto favourites ahead of Juventus

Coach’s comments after Juve falter with a home draw against Empoli

Juventus v Empoli FC - Serie A TIM

Juventus will feel they have missed a huge opportunity to open up a four-point lead on Inter Milan who now have two games in hand to make up a two point deficit. The Bianconeri were only able to muster a 1-1 home draw against 19th-placed Empoli after going down to ten men with just a quarter of an hour played following a rash challenge from Arkadiusz Milik.

Speaking after the game, coach Massimiliano Allegri refused to get too low on his side’s prospects.

“My sensation is that the team played well, we were down to 10 men after basically 15 minutes and still tried to win the game. We had some good chances, including one where Cambiaso slipped clear on goal.  ............

The Polish striker had made a poor challenge after failing to control the ball well but as he usually does, Allegri refused to blame Milik who apologized to the Bianconeri faithful at full time.

“These things happen in football, it was a pity to go down to 10 men. Milik had been doing well in Serie A and the Coppa Italia, the idea was to use his physicality on the crosses against a closed-down Empoli. ............

“Chiesa and Rabiot are doing better, they should be available next week, but it’s not about the Inter game. We have to reach the end of May in the top four.

“Nobody expected us to be in this position at the start of the season and a draw should not cause us to drop our heads or lose confidence. You cannot win every game.” ............

“The Derby d’Italia is always marvellous to participate in, the stadium will be packed and we will go there trying to get a result against what is I repeat the best team in Italy and the clear favourites to win the Scudetto.”  ............

Word has it that Inter’s top brass have been quite irrtated by Allegri’s off-handed comments about the Scudetto race.

“I understand my Livorno sense of humour irritates some people. It’s fortunate they don’t come to Livorno, because it’s our normal way of doing things that we make fun of each other. I am sorry if I hurt someone’s sensibility.” ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/1/28/24052927/juventus-1-1-empoli-serie-a-match-recap-reaction-allegri-comments-inter-milan-serie-a-favourites

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Ten-man Juventus drop important points against Empoli

A critical lapse in judgement put Juve on the back foot for most of the match, and they couldn’t hold on to three points.

Hasil Juventus vs Empoli 1-1, 10 Pemain Nyonya Tua Ditahan Tim Tamu

You knew it almost immediately. As Arkadiusz Milik’s foot crashed into Alberto Cerri’s shin, you knew it could be bad. The initial yellow card produced only a momentary salve, as did the erroneous television graphic that gave false hope that the VAR check was over.

But Livio Martinelli headed to the pitchside monitor, and quickly ascertained that Milik’s clumsy and rash challenge rose to the level of dangerous play, showing him the first red card that Juventus have seen all year. ............

Even then, for a while it looked like Juve would gut the game out. An ugly goal out of the scrum on a corner gave them the lead only five minutes after the break, and they were giving up little in the way of chance on the other end. But playing down a man for more than 70 minutes will eventually tell, and Empoli eventually equalized pretty much out of thin air, and for the rest of the match Juve failed to get much going in the way of a response. The 1-1 draw was a major setback for Juve, who with a win could have taken a four-point lead into the San Siro but now opens things up for the leaders to take advantage of their games in hand to get some distance at the top. ............

But then the game turned on its head. Milik took an awful touch on a simple pass from Bremer and then went LeRoy Jenkins trying to recover it and hit Cerri hard in the shin with his studs out. Martinelli originally gave a yellow, and after a long moment VAR Daniele Doveri called the referee to the screen. It didn’t take long for him to upgrade the sanction to a red, leaving Juve a man short for 73 minutes. ............

Five minutes into the second half McKennie and Cambiaso each did some hard work on the right side to earn a corner. Miretti sent the ball in and it glanced off the head of Gatti, off the back of Ismajli, and fell perfectly in front of Vlahovic, who neatly hooked a volley into the net from 5 yards. ............

But Empoli isn’t completely devoid of talent, and shortly after the goal Nicola had sent on Tommaso Baldanzi. The highly regarded 20-year-old attacking midfielder has been the subject of interest from numerous teams — including a few connections with Juve last year — and he showed why in the 70th minute when he took a simple pass from Luperto and, aided by a late close-out by Locatelli, struck a turf-burner with his weaker foot just above the penalty arc. The ball moved through a sea of legs, which clearly concealed the ball from Szczesny until it was far too late for him to do anything other than watch it sneak just inside the far post to level the match. ............

LE PAGELLE

WOJCIECH SZCZESNY - 6.5. Did well keeping the defense organized while down a man and made a couple of very good stops that could have otherwise turned the match down a very dark path. He holds no blame on the goal, as there were so many players between himself and Baldanzi that it was likely impossible for him to see the ball until it was far too late.

FEDERICO GATTI - 6. His three tackles were second on the team but the most amongst the back three, and he was constantly pushing forward to try to aid the attack when Juve had the ball, even when down a man.

BREMER - 6.5. There was a reason the most impactful moment of the game for Alberto Cerri came near the midfield stripe as opposed to anywhere close to the penalty area. He finished second on the team with four clearances and a blocked shot.

ALEX SANDRO - 6.5. I’m going to be honest, I expected the worst when I saw Sandro’s name on the team sheet. He surprised me, though, turning in what was probably the most gaudy stat line out of the back three, with a tackle, two interceptions, and a team-high five clearances, several of which were quite important.

ANDREA CAMBIASO - 6. One of the most creative outlets on the team in a game where that was in short supply. He helped gain the corner that led to Vlahovic’s goal, and was a constant threat whenever he got the ball around the box.

WESTON McKENNIE - 6. Led the team with four tackles and had a couple of dangerous moments near the Empoli penalty area. Even more impressive is that he finished the game despite likely being nowhere near 100 percent after taking a heavy challenge only five minutes in that left him in clear discomfort for quite some time.

MANUEL LOCATELLI - 5.5. Had a pair of tackles, two key passes, and two blocked shots—but it was the shot he didn’t block that dings his rating. He was the closest player to Baldanzi on the equalizer and had already passed the man he was marking off to Gatti. He simply didn’t get back far enough to make it more difficult for Baldanzi to shoot.

FABIO MIRETTI - 5. ............

FILIP KOSTIC - 5. ............

ARKADIUSZ MILIK - NR. I don’t give starters number grades if they don’t last more than 30 minutes, which spares the big Poland international one of the lower grades I’d’ve given since I started writing these recaps. Such an awful touch on that pass combined with a reckless, plain stupid challenge that very much deserved the red card. Even Milik himself barely argued after Martinelli changed the call, knowing the mistake he made. His immediate apology to the fans on Instagram is something that makes you respect him as a man — but boy did he fail as a player Saturday night.

DUSAN VLAHOVIC - 7. Dude worked his ass off despite getting little service before the red card and even less after it. He charged and pressed defenders constantly, all while cutting a forlorn figure up top. His goal, though, was a thing of beauty. Despite being so close to the goal, making that kind of turn for the volley is not something everyone can do, and he caught the ball sweetly.

SUBS

TIMOTHY WEAH - 6. ............

KENAN YILDIZ - NR. Immediately brought danger to the pitch and was dribbling like mad looking for openings for himself and his teammates.

SAMUEL ILING-JUNIOR - NR. ............

MANAGER ANALYSIS

I’m going to do something not a lot of people have seen me do here lately, so sit down and make sure you don’t have a drink in your mouth that is liable to be spit onto your computer. I’m going to defend Max Allegri.

OK, now that I’ve gone and thrown up, here we go.

Allegri has taken quite a bit of flak for starting Arek Milik instead of Kenan Yildiz. Given the Turkish teenager’s success over the last month and the lack of fixture congestion without European football to deal with this year, one would think that Yildiz should’ve been a no-brainer.

Hindsight being 20/20, the decision ended up costing Juve quite a lot, but I actually think it was sound going in. Yes, Juve are only playing one game a week, but you also have to remember that Yildiz is still a teenager. His body is still developing, and even with only one game a week the wear he experiences is different than it’s going to be five years from now. Giving him a rest after a month where he was leaned on quite a bit wasn’t a bad idea, especially in a home game against a bad Empoli team with the Inter game on the horizon. Frankly, I was far more concerned about the inclusion of Sandro over Daniele Rugani in the back than I was with Milik starting up front. There was no way of anticipating his epic brain fart.

FBL-ITA-SERIEA-JUVENTUS-EMPOLI

That said—and now I’m back in more familiar territory for me—I think Allegri seriously erred with his in-game management. Yes, there were limited cards to play, and even fewer down to 10 men, but Yildiz and Iling-Junior should have been on the field immediately once Baldanzi scored the equalizer.

But Allegri waited for almost eight minutes before finally pulling the trigger on the change. It’s difficult to believe that the two weren’t ready to go in by that point in the game — we’d seen shots of Yildiz warming up late in the first half — and there was no reason not to put them on the field immediately to give them more time to work. It’s obviously impossible to conclude that the delay was fatal, but putting them on quicker would have given Juve that much better a chance at reclaiming the lead. ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/1/28/24053058/juventus-empoli-2024-serie-a-matchday-22-final-score-result-match-recap-max-allegri-analysis

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Sarcastic Szczesny aims dig at referee: “Milik sent off like Berardi and Malinovskyi”

Marelli explains why VAR could not give Berardi red card against Juventus -  Football Italia

Malinovskyi killer su Yildiz: da rosso diretto, il Genoa protesta per il  giallo...

Milik red is a record for Juventus - Football Italia

Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny couldn’t help himself from taking a sly dig at the refereeing following the 1-1 draw against Empoli.

The Bianconeri were forced to play the vast majority of the match with a man down following Arkadiusz Milik’s dismissal.

The striker lost possession, and in his desperate attempt to retrieve it, he went lunging into Alberto Cerri with his studs showing.

Referee Livio Marinelli initially gave him a yellow card, but following a VAR review, he agreed that the challenge warrants a direct red. ............

For his part, Szczesny consented that his compatriot indeed deserved his marching orders.

However, the goalkeeper recalled two incidents where challenges committed against his teammates were treated less severely, referring to Domenico Berardi during the 4-2 loss in Sassuolo and Ruslan Malinovskyi (on Kenan Yildiz) in the 1-1 draw against Genoa. Neither opponent was sent off.

“No one has any doubts about Milik’s red card, It deserves an expulsion,” said Szczesny in his post-match interview.

“It’s the same dynamic as the fouls committed by Berardi and Malinovskyi. All three reds were rightly given,” he noted sarcastically. ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/sarcastic-szczesny-aims-dig-at-referee-milik-sent-off-like-berardi-and-malinovski/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)

Milik asks forgiveness for Empoli blunder: “Didn’t mean to put my teammates in trouble”

Milik espulso, salta l'Inter: il duro fallo su Cerri punito dal VAR in  Juve-Empoli

Juventus striker Arkadiusz Milik apologized for his gaffe against Empoli which cost his team two valuable points in the title race.

The Pole committed a rash challenge on Alberto Cerri which earned him his marching orders following a VAR review, leaving his team with a man down for the vast majority of the match which ended 1-1.

In the aftermath, the 29-year-old asked the fans for forgiveness in a post on his Instagram account.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to put my teammates in trouble,” wrote the Poland international.

“It wasn’t my intention. So I ask for forgiveness. Forza Juve” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/photo-milik-asks-forgiveness-for-empoli-blunder-didnt-mean-to-put-my-teammates-in-trouble/

Modificato da Socrates

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Inter beat Fiorentina, Juve will head into the Derby d’Italia in second place

Stuff happened at the Franchi on Sunday. None of it was really all that good or beneficial for Juventus.

FC Internazionale v Juventus - Serie A

With Juventus’ 1-1 draw against Empoli on Saturday night, the ability to full take advantage of having played a game more than second-place Inter wasn’t fully taken advantage of by Max Allegri’s squad. That left the door open for Inter to move back into first place.

That left the door open for Inter to retake the place in which they’ve occupied much of the 2023-24 Serie A season.

And what do you know — they did just that. With a little bit of luck going their way, too.

Inter entered the Artemio Franchi trailing Juventus by two points, but they left Florence knowing they’re back in first place thanks to a 1-0 win over Fiorentina in which the current Serie A leaders saw Nico Gonzalez take one of the worst penalties of the season that was saved by Yan Sommer. That means next Sunday’s Derby d’Italia between first-place Inter and second-place Juventus will have the Serie A table looking a little bit like this:

1. Inter, 54 points
  2. Juventus, 53 points ............

It’s also created this scenario entering next Sunday’s showdown at the San Siro: An Inter win next weekend would put the Nerazzurri four points clear with a game in hand. But a Juve win would mean the Bianconeri go back into first place and hope that, at some point, the midweek Euopean fixtures in February come to haunt and potentially impact Inter when they return to league play.

Could an Inter win over Juventus spell the beginning of the end of the title race knowing that they have a game in hand? It would certainly put them in a really good spot no matter how long their run in the Champions League goes on beyond the round of 16 against Atlético Madrid. And it would put Juve in a spot where they couldn’t really afford to drop points the rest of the way knowing they would need to make up the deficit and hope for some help along the way. ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/1/29/24053705/juventus-inter-milan-derby-d-italia-2024-serie-a-matchday-23-league-table-points-team-news

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Sacchi insists dropping points will not break Juventus down mentally

Serie A, Juventus-Empoli 1-1: a Vlahovic risponde Baldanzi

Arrigo Sacchi does not anticipate Juventus dropping points against Empoli yesterday to hurt their mental state for the remainder of the season.

Juventus is currently in a tight battle with Inter Milan for the Serie A title, and every game is crucial in maintaining their position at the top of the league standings. The expectation was for Juventus to secure a victory against Empoli before their upcoming match against Inter. ............

While a poor result could potentially affect team morale, Sacchi believes that Juventus has demonstrated throughout the season that they are resilient and capable of bouncing back from setbacks. The mental strength exhibited by Juventus so far suggests that they may not be significantly impacted by dropping points in a single match.

“There are two possibilities, in these cases: either you get nervous and you are unable to express your best, or you charge yourself, increase your grit and determination and give an exceptional performance. I don’t think that Juve, from what we have seen so far this season, are breaking down on a mental level. They will have even more desire to demonstrate their value, to amaze people, to continue in the duel for the championship.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/sacchi-insists-dropping-points-will-not-break-juventus-down-mentally/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

The latest on Rabiot and Chiesa ahead of Derby d’Italia clash against Inter

JuveFC on X: "‼️Adrien Rabiot has recovered from his calf problem and will  be fit to face Inter. Federico Chiesa could also start against Inter should  he train this week without any

Juventus are hoping to restore the services of Adrien Rabiot and Federico Chiesa ahead of Sunday’s showdown against Inter. But will they recover in time?

The key duo last appeared on the pitch a couple of weeks ago against Sassuolo. The Frenchman played for the duration of the match while the Italian came off the bench to round off a thrilling night for the Bianconeri by scoring the third goal. ............

Rabiot and Chiesa have been working separately in recent weeks with the super showdown against Inter on their mind.

The source expects them to rejoin their teammates in group training between Wednesday and Thursday.

This would give them a few days to prepare for the Derby d’Italia which will take place at the Giuseppe Meazza Stadium on Sunday night. So we shall see if they’ll be able to regain their fitness in time. ............

In attack, Moise Kean has left for Atletico Madrid while Arek Milik will be suspended following his costly dismissal against Empoli. Therefore, Dusan Vlahovic and Kenan Yildiz are the only options remaining, which explains why Chiesa’s return would be particularly timely at this stage. ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/the-latest-on-rabiot-and-chiesa-ahead-of-derby-ditalia-clash-against-inter/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Paolo Di Canio predicts Allegri’s approach for the Inter Milan match

Allegri and Inzaghi to Keep Jobs but Face More Pressure

Juventus’ next match will be a direct clash with Inter Milan, which could propel them back to the top of the Serie A table. ............

The Bianconeri will have an easier run-in and could still overtake Inter, considering the Nerazzurri’s involvement in a tough knockout stage in Europe. Inter will play more games, increasing the possibility of them slipping up in the title race. Paolo Di Canio believes Max Allegri will set up his Juve team to play for a draw when they face Inter.

“I think that the Juventus coach would put his signature on a draw in the direct clash, because he knows that Inter have real battles ahead of them, both in the Champions League against Atletico and in the league against Atalanta. Paradoxically at this moment, Juve is rooting for the Nerazzurri to go as far as possible in Europe.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/paolo-di-canio-predicts-allegris-approach-for-the-inter-milan-match/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Rabiot and Chiesa available for Inter game but doubts over another player

Indispensable Wes! McKennie remains key figure in Juventus midfield in  stunning win over Monza | Goal.com UK

Juventus will face Inter Milan in their next league game, a must-win match after dropping two points in their last encounter against Empoli.

Max Allegri’s men are currently trailing behind Inter on the league table, even though the Nerazzurri have a game in hand. ............

The Bianconeri have successfully recovered Adrien Rabiot, who missed at least two games due to injury.

Federico Chiesa is also expected to be fit enough to play for the Bianconeri; however, they are likely to be without Weston McKennie.

The report suggests that the American experienced some discomfort in the game against Empoli, but he played on. He will now be evaluated by the medical staff to determine the extent of the injury he suffered. ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/rabiot-and-chiesa-available-for-inter-game-but-doubts-over-another-player/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Timothy Weah misses Juventus training ahead of Inter Milan match

weah1-1.jpg

Juventus is preparing to welcome back Adrien Rabiot and Federico Chiesa for their crucial match against Inter Milan, providing a boost for the team. Chiesa and Rabiot had missed some games due to injury, making their return valuable for the upcoming fixture against Inter.

While Juventus is pleased with the return of these key players, there is a setback. Timothy Weah did not attend the latest training session due to illness. The report indicates that Weah is unwell and will be sidelined for some time. It remains uncertain whether he will fully recover before the match against Inter this weekend. ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/timothy-weah-misses-juventus-training-ahead-of-inter-milan-match/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Simone Inzaghi fears two Juventus players more than others

Football: Soccer-Rabiot scores winner against Roma as Juve close on Inter |  The Star

Juventus is gearing up for a challenging Serie A clash against Inter Milan this weekend, and it’s anticipated to be one of the toughest matches of the year for both title contenders. ............

Simone Inzaghi, the Inter Milan manager, holds a significant amount of respect for Juventus as an opponent. The report reveals that Inzaghi is particularly concerned about two players in the Juventus squad.

Firstly, Inzaghi is worried about Dusan Vlahovic, who has returned to form at a crucial time, making him a formidable threat in this important game. Additionally, Inzaghi fears Adrien Rabiot for his prowess in the tactical aspects of the game. Both Vlahovic and Rabiot are expected to be crucial assets for Max Allegri in the upcoming match. ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/simone-inzaghi-fears-two-juventus-players-more-than-others/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Bremer insists he made the right choice to pick Juventus over Inter Milan

Juventus, Bremer: 'Inter? Ho scelto la parte giusta'|Primapagina |  Calciomercato.com

Gleison Bremer found himself at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Juventus and Inter Milan during his tenure at Torino.

Reports indicated that Inter had ostensibly secured an agreement to acquire him from Il Toro before Juventus intervened, orchestrating a last-minute hijack of the transfer. ............

When questioned about his decision to choose Juventus over Inter, Bremer affirmed that he believes he made the right choice.

“Do I ever think that I could have played at Inter? No, I’m on the right side. I chose by talking to Juventus, with my agent, with Danilo and Alex Sandro in the national team. With Inter it will be a duel until the end. Getting a result in Milan is never easy. In my opinion, whoever wins doesn’t win the championship – there are still many games – but it’s an important step.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/bremer-insists-he-made-the-right-choice-to-pick-juventus-over-inter-milan/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Journalist insists Juventus needs Rabiot and Chiesa for Inter match

Come stanno Chiesa, Rabiot e McKennie in vista della sfida contro l'Inter?

Juventus is confronted with the possibility of entering the upcoming fixture against Inter Milan without the services of key players Federico Chiesa and Adrien Rabiot. Both players have been sidelined due to injuries, resulting in their absence from the Bianconeri’s recent matches.

Despite speculations that Chiesa and Rabiot might have been available for the last game against Empoli, Juventus opted not to risk their participation, prioritising their recovery for the critical encounter against Inter Milan. ............

Journalist Stefano De Grandis agrees to this and says:

“To keep up with this Inter, Juventus will need to be at their maximum potential and in this sense, the recoveries of Chiesa and Rabiot will be fundamental. The backbone of Juventus, with Danilo, spared against Empoli to avoid the risk of disqualification, as the defensive leader, Rabiot as the midfielder and Chiesa up front, with the possibility of splitting the match with the entry of Yildiz.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/journalist-insists-juventus-needs-rabiot-and-chiesa-for-inter-match/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi
Inviato (modificato)

Former Juventus and Inter star previews the Derby d’Italia

De Agostini: «Non mi stupirebbe una vittoria della Juve sull'Inter»

Former Juventus and Inter Milan star Gigi De Agostini has analysed the upcoming clash between the two Serie A giants this weekend, shedding light on the nuances that differentiate the two clubs.

Despite Juventus possessing formidable resources, they have proven to be a significant obstacle for Inter in their pursuit of the Serie A title. The Bianconeri’s well-equipped squad has been a formidable contender, making it challenging for Inter to establish a clear lead.

However, De Agostini suggests that an Inter victory in the upcoming fixture could be a pivotal moment in the title race, potentially instilling a sense of invincibility in the Nerazzurri moving forward. ............

“In these races, anything can happen. Juve must possibly win, but certainly avoid losing. I’m sure of a great performance from the Bianconeri. If I had to do an analysis of the two teams, I would say that in defence and attack, they are equal, Inter is stronger in midfield. 

“However, when these types of games are played, any technical discussion is cancelled. It can be defined as a championship match. The Nerazzurri team is more complete, it would be enough to see the spare parts available to its coach, so it is the favourite to win the title. However, the Bianconeri are having a good championship and also have fewer games to play than their rivals.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/former-juventus-and-inter-star-previews-the-derby-ditalia/

Modificato da Socrates

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
12838 messaggi
20 ore fa, Socrates ha scritto:

Former Juventus and Inter star previews the Derby d’Italia

De Agostini: «Non mi stupirebbe una vittoria della Juve sull'Inter»

Former Juventus and Inter Milan star Gigi De Agostini has analysed the upcoming clash between the two Serie A giants this weekend, shedding light on the nuances that differentiate the two clubs.

Despite Juventus possessing formidable resources, they have proven to be a significant obstacle for Inter in their pursuit of the Serie A title. The Bianconeri’s well-equipped squad has been a formidable contender, making it challenging for Inter to establish a clear lead.

However, De Agostini suggests that an Inter victory in the upcoming fixture could be a pivotal moment in the title race, potentially instilling a sense of invincibility in the Nerazzurri moving forward. ............

“In these races, anything can happen. Juve must possibly win, but certainly avoid losing. I’m sure of a great performance from the Bianconeri. If I had to do an analysis of the two teams, I would say that in defence and attack, they are equal, Inter is stronger in midfield. 

“However, when these types of games are played, any technical discussion is cancelled. It can be defined as a championship match. The Nerazzurri team is more complete, it would be enough to see the spare parts available to its coach, so it is the favourite to win the title. However, the Bianconeri are having a good championship and also have fewer games to play than their rivals.” ............

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/former-juventus-and-inter-star-previews-the-derby-ditalia/

Auguri fratello Socrates: altri 124 di questi giorni!

• Thanks 1

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Preview: Inter Milan vs. Juventus - prediction, team news, lineups

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri reacts on January 7, 2024

Italy's top two go toe to toe in Serie A's Saturday night showdown, as Inter Milan meet Juventus in an eagerly-awaited Derby d'Italia.

The Calcio giants convene at San Siro, with Inter leading Juve by a point in the standings - and the Nerazzurri also have one game in hand.

Match preview

A 1-1 draw in November's reverse fixture, when goals from Dusan Vlahovic and Lautaro Martinez saw the spoils shared in Turin, left Juventus with a tally of seven points from a possible nine in their three most recent league meetings with Inter.

Victory in Milan would now take them above their old foes and back to the Serie A summit, after suffering a prolonged spell in the Nerazzurri's shadow.

Max Allegri's men will surely arrive at San Siro confident of pulling off another positive result, having posted 53 points so far: on all 10 previous occasions in which Juve have picked up as many at this stage of the season, they have always gone on to finish first.

Seven wins in eight games across all competitions have helped the Bianconeri narrow the gap to Inter and secure a place in the Coppa Italia semi-finals, though they dropped points for the first time this year in last week's 1-1 home draw with Empoli.

Arkadiusz Milik's early red card left Juve in a tight spot at the Allianz Stadium, but red-hot Vlahovic - reborn in 2024 - scored after the interval, before Tommaso Baldanzi pulled the visitors level later on.

That left Allegri waiting to become the first coach to reach the milestone of 1000 points in Serie A, but a win on Sunday would take him over the line; lifting Juventus to the pinnacle in the process.

Team News

Juve's main marksman, Dusan Vlahovic, has failed to score in seven previous games against both Milan clubs at San Siro, but the Serbian striker has rattled home five in his last three outings and is certain to start, with Arkadiusz Milik suspended.

Amid a quiet winter window at the sharp end of Serie A, Juventus signed Carlos Alcaraz on loan from Southampton, but the Argentinian midfielder should start on the bench, as Adrien Rabiot has recovered from a calf problem in time to play.

Federico Chiesa is still troubled by a muscular issue but could feature as a substitute, while fellow forward Moise Kean will not be involved after a switch to Atletico Madrid unravelled when he failed a medical.

Inter Milan possible starting lineup:
Sommer; Pavard, Acerbi, Bastoni; Darmian, Barella, Calhanoglu, Mkhitaryan, Dimarco; Thuram, Martinez

Juventus possible starting lineup:
Szczesny; Gatti, Bremer, Danilo; Cambiaso, McKennie, Locatelli, Rabiot, Kostic; Yildiz, Vlahovic

We say: Inter Milan 0-0 Juventus

Inter (13) and Juventus (12) have collected the most clean sheets in Serie A this season, conceded the fewest shots on target, and shipped the fewest goals. Following a tense stalemate in November's reverse match, the pair could now draw both league fixtures for the first time since 2002: caution will come first at San Siro.

Read more -> https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/inter-milan/derby-ditalia/preview/preview-inter-milan-vs-juventus-prediction-team-news-lineups_535874.html?cQx=NN&newsnow

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Preview: Inter vs Juventus – Team News, Lineups & Prediction

Inter_Juventus_Preview.jpg

Serie A fans await Sunday with bated breath as Giuseppe Meazza sets the stage for the 251st official Derby d’Italia between eternal rivals Inter and Juventus. More than just bragging rights is at stake, with only a point separating the two most successful Serie A clubs ahead of the kick-off. ............

Match Preview

Juventus

Regardless of which side of the spectrum of liking Allegri you stand, the man is a mind-game expert. He seized the opportunity of Juventus’ slip-up against Empoli to name Inter ‘absolute’ favorites to dethrone out-of-sorts holders Napoli in the build-up to this contest. In reality, he must be believing in his side’s Scudetto prospects after overseeing a jaw-dropping 19-game unbeaten run in competitive action (W15, D4).

On top of their sensational spell of form, the visitors can find more inspiration in their sublime away record against Serie A top-six sides this season. They’ve not only avoided defeat in all three such fixtures (W2, D1) but have yet to concede a goal, suggesting one strike could be sufficient to win the derby.

However, a more prolific performance could be on the cards. Before Empoli took advantage of their numerical superiority, Juventus had notched up 18 goals in their opening five competitive matches at the start of 2024. 

Team News

Except for long-term absentee Juan Cuadrado, Inter boss Inzaghi can call upon the rest of his squad for this contest. He must be thrilled to welcome Hakan Calhanoglu and Nicolo Barella back from suspension, as he needs all hands on deck to take an all-important three points. 

On the other hand, Nicolo Fagioli and Paul Pogba are still on the sidelines due to suspensions, with Milik joining them after picking up a red card against Empoli. Moise Kean and Mattia De Sciglio are still in the treatment room, as is winter addition Tiago Djalo. But there’s a chance for Federico Chiesa to partner Vlahovic up top.

Inter vs Juventus Potential Lineups

Inter (3-5-2): Yann Sommer; Benjamin Pavard, Francesco Acerbi, Alessnadro Bastoni; Matteo Darmian, Nicolo Barella, Hakan Calhanoglu, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Federico Dimarco; Marcus Thuram, Lautaro Martinez. 

Juventus (3-5-2): Wojciech Szczesny; Federico Gatti, Gleison Bremer, Danilo; Andrea Cambiaso, Weston McKennie, Manuel Locatelli, Adrien Rabiot, Filip Kostic; Kenan Yildiz, Dusan Vlahovic. 

Inter vs Juventus Prediction

Connoisseurs of attractive, action-packed football will unlikely enjoy this fixture. Many recent meetings between Inter and Juventus have resembled a chess game. Given the stakes, another similar approach seems inevitable, as we expect a share of the spoils.

Prediction: Draw

Read more -> https://cultofcalcio.com/preview-inter-vs-juventus-team-news-lineups-prediction/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Outstanding Szczesny’s performance not enough as Juventus lose

1-2-scaled.jpg

Inter Milan secured a 1-0 victory against Juventus in the Derby d’Italia this evening, demonstrating that sometimes, a single goal is sufficient to clinch a game. The encounter between the Nerazzurri and the Bianconeri was widely regarded as a pivotal match determining the Serie A title.

Juventus, having dropped points in their previous game against Empoli, entered the match with the imperative to secure a win at Inter. However, the Nerazzurri proved formidable, and it was the exceptional efforts of Wojciech Szczesny that kept the scoreline at 1-0. ............

For many Bianconeri supporters, this defeat signals the potential end of their team’s title race. However, with several games remaining, Inter will face tough opponents in the weeks leading up to the season’s conclusion.

The pertinent question now emerges: Can Juventus rebound from this defeat and secure victories in their upcoming matches? The answer will unfold in the remaining fixtures of the season.

Read more -> https://www.juvefc.com/outstanding-szczesnys-performance-not-enough-as-juventus-lose/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Juventus Player Ratings vs Inter: Szczesny Heroics Not Enough

szczesny-1.jpg

Juventus (3-5-2)

Wojciech Szczesny – 7.5

The Polish goalkeeper was the best player on the pitch, pulling off a series of fantastic saves, including jaw-dropping stops against Nicolo Barella and Marko Arnautovic. However, it wasn’t enough to salvage a point.

Federico Gatti – 5.5

Ironically, the Italian defender was the only man to beat the supreme Szczesny this evening. But despite this extremely costly error that saw him direct the ball into his own net, he looked solid and composed at the back while also producing the Old Lady’s most dangerous chance of the match with a promising long-range shot.

Gleison Bremer – 6.5

Although he had his scares at the back, the former Torino man pulled off some vital interventions, including an inch-perfect tackle to deny Marcus Thuram at the final instance.

Danilo – 6

A decent display at the back from the Juventus captain overall, even if his clearances weren’t always the cleanest.

Andrea Cambiaso – 5.5

A rather disappointing effort from the Italian wingback considering his high standards. Failed to pose a threat on either flank and was dispossessed in dangerous areas on a couple of occasions. Clearly lost his duel with Federico Dimarco.

Weston McKennie – 6.5

The American was easily the pick of the midfield bunch. At times seemed to be the only player capable of producing something for Juventus. Stormed into the box on a swift counter-attack that was eventually squandered by Vlahovic.

Manuel Locatelli – 5.5

Adrien Rabiot – 6

The Frenchman put on a hardworking shift but he’s clearly not in his finest physical shape after making his return from injury. At times struggled to keep up with Barella’s pace.

Filip Kostic – 5.5

Kenan Yildiz – 5.5

The teenager hardly saw the ball and it certainly wasn’t his fault that Juventus implemented a defensive strategy that failed to capitalize on his best traits.

Dusan Vlahovic – 5

The former Fiorentina man allowed himself to get quickly frustrated with the back of support, earning himself a needless booking. Should have done better when McKennie fed him in front of goal, but his heavy first touch let him down.

Substitutes

Timothy Weah – 5.5

Federico Chiesa – 5.5

Replaced Yildiz in the second half but suffered an identical fate. Often found himself running towards a sea of Nerazzurri players with very few Juventus shirts accompanying him.

Alex Sandro – N/A

Fabio Miretti – N/A

Carlos Alcaraz – N/A

Read more -> https://cultofcalcio.com/juventus-player-ratings-vs-inter-szczesny-heroics-not-enough/

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Juventus 0 - Inter Milan 1: Initial reaction and random observations

Well, that could have gone a whole lot better, huh?

FC Internazionale v Juventus - Serie A TIM

Facing the Scudetto favorite on their home field was always going to be a challenging affair for Juventus on Sunday night. That means a repeat of a performance like we saw in the first Derby d’Italia or even last weekend from Max Allegri’s squad wasn’t going to bode well.

That’s why the hope was that Juve, coming off a very impressive month of January before they dropped points against Empoli in Turin, could seriously try and give Inter a run for their money.

Turns out, that those hopes ... yeah, they were dashed rather quickly.

Allegri did his damndest to corto muso it up in what proved to be a very cagey kind of first half, one in which Juventus couldn’t do much going forward. Even things opening up much more in the second half couldn’t equal any sort of success against one of the toughest defenses in Europe to score against. That meant the one time that the ball did find the back of the net, a Federico Gatti own goal late in the first half, proved to be the difference in Inter’s 1-0 win over Juventus at the San Siro that now gives the current Serie A leaders plenty of breathing room at the top of the table — and the chance for even more knowing that they have a game in hand.

The performance that Juventus laid out there did not match the one of their opponent, and Inter certainly could have added onto their lead in the second half if not for a pair of world-class saves from Wojciech Szczesny on two of the Nerazzurri’s best scoring chances of the night. ............

Juve finished with one shot on target. One. It came in the 72nd minute. And that one was a slow dribbler off the left foot of Dusan Vlahovic from just outside the box. The xG of that shot? 0.07. That’s not great. ............

Once Juventus fell behind by a goal eight minutes before halftime, they needed to suddenly ramp things up after Allegri set things quite deep to begin the game. The second half was much more open — Juve actually outshot Inter 10-6 — but again, it’s not like Sommer was called into action time and time again. ............

Juventus could have gone into Sunday night’s game with the Serie A lead. Instead, thanks in large part to Arek Milik getting sent off and putting his team behind the 8 ball for well over an hour, Juve dropped points against Empoli, a team that hadn’t done much of anything right for the previous three months. They followed it up with this kind of performance against the best team in the league — which, no matter how you slice it, is going to be a tough ask even when Inter aren’t at their high-flying best.

But this loss now makes the chances of seriously giving Inter a run for their money into the spring is even more of an uphill battle. Maybe they get back into a very close race, I dunno, but this just feels like a major punch to the gut on a night where Juve could have announced themselves as a big-time threat to the team everybody expects to win the title.

RANDOM THOUGHTS AND OBSERVATIONS

• All of that being said — and this will hurt to say — but Inter are the better team overall and they were the better team on the night. This two things are simply the truth and there’s going to be no conspiracy theories thrown out there to try and tell you otherwise.
  • Maybe this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but here goes nothin’: I’m not sure that Gatti could have done a whole lot more against Marcus Thuram on what proved to be the only goal of the night. Could he have been a little closer to Thuram? Maybe, but then you’re also risking him throwing himself to the turf with even more contact as Gatti’s going for the ball. (And we all know how refs have been with Inter PKs this season!) So, yeah, it’s hard to say because you’re suddenly going from trying to anticipate where the ball will go as Benjamin Pavard flies through the air to trying to fend off Thuram and clear the ball. Just a brutal thing to try and defend.
  • In more positive defensive opinions, I sure am happy Juventus swooped in and signed Bremer from under Inter’s nose because damn is that guy good.
  • Ten minutes in and this is what the possession numbers looked like: Inter 80%, Juventus 20%. At times it felt even more than that.
  • Juve nearly doubled that total by the end of the first half with 39% possession. But there was one very noticeable thing outside of the score at halftime: Juve had no shots on goal.
  • The big one, of course, was Dusan Vlahovic’s touch letting him down after a simply great run from midfield by Weston McKennie. It’s the most obvious of obvious statements, but Vlahovic has to do better there. It just gets magnified even more with how few chances Juve had in the opening half. ............
  • Wojciech Szczesny’s best save of the night occurred in the 69th minute. Nice.
  • Please note that the previous bullet point was written in the 70th minute and well before the save Szczesny made about 17 minutes later that was even better than the first one.
  • If Szczesny didn’t make either of those saves, this could have been an extremely ugly night and the theme of this thread would be a whole lot more grumpy than it is now. ............
  • This was a night in which Kenan Yildiz looked very much like the inexperienced 18-year-old that he is. That’s obviously not a shot at him because he’s never played in this kind of game before outside of when he started Turkey’s game against Germany a few months back, so it’s totally understandable. But, you know, let’s not kill the guy. ............
  • Why is Alex Sandro being thrown on when you need a goal? Somebody answer that for me.
  • Outside of when Federico Chiesa and Timothy Weah came on, Allegri’s timing on the subs just didn’t make much sense. They just came way too late for my liking knowing what the score was and how the second half was going.
  • Charly! We got to see Charly Alcaraz!
  • One day of training and you’re thrown in as a late sub in the Derby d’Italia. What a time.
  • I feel like Weston McKennie’s performance was one of the few bright spots to take out of this one. He played very well. ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/2/4/24061355/juventus-inter-milan-2024-serie-a-matchday-23-final-score-result-initial-reaction-random-observation

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Allegri: Inter always the favourites, Juventus need more experience

Coach’s comments as trip to Milan pretty much ends any chance of a Scudetto fight

Juventus’ loss on Sunday night at Inter Milan appeared to sound the death knell for any Scudetto challenge, but coach Massimiliano Allegri insisted that the result was no surprise to him.

“We knew it was a difficult match. The first half was balanced, they scored this goal, we missed one with Vlahovic.

“It opened up after the break and was more entertaining to watch too, as they are dangerous when they go on the counter-attack. We must improve, but I can only congratulate my lads for what they did.”

“We did not expect to be in this position in June, as Inter and Juve were coming off very different campaigns. We are pleased to be doing so well, angry about this defeat, but I always said Inter were the favourites for the Scudetto and I stand by that.

“If we do well to win a few games and stay close to them, that’s good. Milan are in the mix too and the unexpected is always around the corner.”  ............

“I thought about Chiesa with Yildiz, but the game could’ve been broken up even more. Chiesa only had two training sessions and I didn’t want to risk him. We had some favourable situations, including at the end with a fine cross.” ............

“I cannot reproach my lads, it can happen in a season that you go through a negative period. We have to focus on the next game against Udinese and playing in the Champions League next season. ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/2/5/24061610/inter-milan-1-0-juventus-serie-a-match-recap-reaction-allegri-comments-vlahovic-scudetto-favorites

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130853 messaggi

Inter consolidate title race as Juventus stall out

The league leaders were simply better, and it showed.

8-scaled.jpg

The stakes of Sunday’s Derby d’Italia were spelled out quite simply. If Juventus won, they would lead the league by two points. Even though Inter could catch them with their game in hand, it would set up a sprint to the finish between the two teams with only one game separating them. If Inter won, they’d increase their lead to four points, with their game in hand giving them the potential for a seven-point lead when all was said and done.

It was easily the biggest Serie A game Juventus had played in years. Their task was certainly not easy — go to the San Siro and beat a team that has for most of the year throttled the rest of the league.

Ultimately, it was a task they weren’t up to.

Juventus simply couldn’t create any sort of danger in Inter’s half of the field. Any attempt to build something in the attacking third came to screeching halts, thanks to bad judgement, bad passing, or, in one crushing play that will be the standout moment from Juve’s standpoint, bad touches. ............

Massimiliano Allegri came into the game thin in the attack. Moise Kean was still injured, and Arkadiusz Milik was suspended after his foolish red card last weekend against Empoli. That left him with only a just-recovered Federico Chiesa as depth behind his starting pair of Dusan Vlahovic and Kenan Yildiz. The team was lined up in the usual 3-5-2. Wojciech Szczesny was at the base of the formation, with Federico Gatti, Bremer, and Danilo protecting him. Andrea Cambiaso and Filip Kostic manned the wing-back spots, with Weston McKennie, Manuel Locatelli, and a returning Adrien Rabiot in midfield. ............

Inter immediately started the game on the front foot. ............

It wasn’t particularly surprising to see Juve drop back into the more defensive posture that had defined the first part of the season in an away game at the San Siro. What was a surprise was just how far they dropped. Much like earlier games this year, particularly the game against Fiorentina, the team dropped so far back that it became nearly impossible to get themselves out of their own half. Any attempt at a counterattack forced Juve to either pass or dribble the ball through multiple lines of Inter players or hoof the ball forward and hope Vlahovic could hold the ball up long enough for other players to get involved.

The problem with the former was that Juve simply couldn’t get past Inter’s press. ............

All this led to a situation in the first 15 to 20 mintues of the match where Juve simply couldn’t get any sort of attack moving. In the first 10 minutes Inter’s possession stat was an astonishing 84.7 percent, and 10 minutes later they had still had three-quarters of the total possession. ............

It wasn’t until close to the half-hour mark that Juve started to level things out. In the 32nd minute, a glorious opportunity to turn the game on its head went begging when, after McKennie made a fantastic run through the middle of the defense, he set up Vlahovic with a perfect pass into the left channel. It was the kind of attack Vlahovic has been lethal on in the new year — but this time he fluffed it badly, taking a very heavy first touch and not being able to get a shot off at all, wasting a golden chance to score against the run of play.

It was a mistake Inter punished just six minutes later.

Pavard was the fulcrum of the move, dishing the ball off to Darmian and then moving into the right channel. There, he took a floated ball from Barella and tried a scissor kick. He missed, but it bounced through into a place that Thuram could take a swipe at it. He didn’t get his header on it either, but it bounced into the chest of Gatti, who was marking the Frenchman, and into the goal. There hadn’t been anything Gatti could’ve done differently, and the main fault for the goal really lay with Locatelli, who watched Pavard walk past him into the box but didn’t move to address it at all, instead marking empty space and leaving him totally alone for the pass. ............

Perhaps the best chance for Juve to equalize came in the 67th minute. Gatti, looking to atone for his own goal, bore down on a layoff by substitute Timothy Weah and hit a laser beam of a shot that flew only just wide of the far post. But that was pretty much all the danger Juve could put together. Indeed, even with the close call by Gatti, Juventus still hadn’t found the target with a shot, and wouldn’t until a tame Vlahovic effort in the 72nd minute was easily handled by Sommer.

Inter, meanwhile, were incredibly unlucky not to add multiple goals to their tally. Szczesny had to make two remarkable saves in the last 20 minutes that kept the game from getting out of hand. The first came off a textbook Inter counter when Dimarco found a completely unmarked Barella at the back post, only to see Szczesny make himself big and divert his thunderous volley with a kick save. He made another incredible stop three minutes from time when Denzel Dumfries found Marko Arnautovic with a perfect ball behind the defense, but Szczesny got his trailing hand up just in time to deflect the striker’s attempt at a tap-in. ............

LE PAGELLE

WOJCIECH SZCZESNY - 8. Those saves in the second half were simply remarkable. He kept this scoreline from being a good deal uglier than it was.

FEDERICO GATTI - 5.5. I’m certainly in the minority here, but I didn’t think Gatti had a horrible game. He made a couple of good defensive interventions throughout the game, and there was nothing he could’ve done differently on the own goal. That said, the own goal IS on his line, and he got burned for pace once or twice, so I can’t give him a passing grade.

BREMER - 8. Kept Lautaro Martinez remarkably quiet (two shots, none on target), which is always ingredient No. 1 in terms of having a chance against Inter. He also had some fantastic moments, including his first-half intervention against Thuram. Even without the highlight moves, his overall stat line — three tackles, an interception, a block, and nine clearances — would qualify for a high grade.

DANILO - 7. Got a completely undeserved booking midway through the first half, but that didn’t keep him from going in hard on Inter’s attackers. A game-high three interceptions and six clearances kept the team close.

ANDREA CAMBIASO - 5.5. ............

WESTON McKENNIE - 6.5. One of the only real attacking outlets all game, Wes led the team in key passes (3) and and was credited with four clearances on the back end. His run through Inter’s defense really should’ve been rewarded with an assist.

MANUEL LOCATELLI - 5. ............

ADRIEN RABIOT - 5. Rust clearly showed in Rabiot’s first game back. He looked aimless at times and didn’t do any of the things in midfield that have made him such a threat the last season and a half. Completely outplayed by Barella and Mkhitaryan.

FILIP KOSTIC - 4.5. ............

KENAN YILDIZ - 5. Looked very much like an 18-year-old in this game. Part of that was how isolated the forwards were, forcing him to fight through some unwinnable scenarios, but he also found out just how physical a really meaningful Derby d’Italia can be. Hopefully he takes that experience and learns from it.

DUSAN VLAHOVIC - 5. I’ve seen people be pretty harsh on Vlahovic, and his flub of McKennie’s pass in the first half was really bad, but he was also as isolated as we’ve seen him be in quite some time. Often he was so badly outnumbered that he really had no chance to do anything — a moment comes to mind in the first half where McKennie managed to break out only for his only option to be a cross to a Vlahovic that was being defended by no less than four men. He put in work, though, and even popped up tracking back in defense for a few good plays. The flow of today’s game was simply against him.

SUBS

FEDERICO CHIESA - 5. Didn’t get a lot going against an Inter defense that was well settled in by the time he was brought on. I’d have brought him on earlier, unless the physios had given Allegri a strict number for his minutes.

TIMOTHY WEAH - 6. ............

FABIO MIRETTI - NR. ............

ALEX SANDRO - NR. Why was he on the field when the team was trailing?

CARLOS ALCARAZ - NR. Probably the most surprising move of the night. He tried his best under the circumstances but didn’t have the time to show much of anything.

MANAGER ANALYSIS

As I said before, I think we all expected a more defensive posture from Max Allegri in this match, but the degree to which he sank was a bad mistake and set the tone for the entire match.

To go corto muso against Inter in the San Siro was not an invalid strategy — frankly, it was the best way to go — but I think Allegri overdid it a little bit, and like a few games early in the season put the team so far back that it was impossible to break out. When you play this way, especially against a team like Inter, you need to give yourself enough room to bust through your opponent a few times to keep them honest. Instead, Juve were quickly sealed into their half of the field for almost half an hour and were never able to get a rhythm going, which affected the team’s attack for the rest of the match. It also forced a couple of the players — Vlahovic in particular — to play in ways that don’t suit their talents best.

Allegri’s game management was also ... strange. He waited a good long while to introduce Chiesa, although as mentioned before that might’ve been due to medical advice. The fact that he then waited until there were three minutes left to introduce his next set of changes was baffling. Even more so was the fact that Samuel Iling-Junior — the perfect sub for this kind of situation — was stripped off and ready to go at the touch line before being inexplicably sent back to the bench for Alex Sandro, of all people. Then, two minutes later, he sent in Alcaraz, who for all his promise has had all of one, maybe two training sessions with his new team, not to mention no time to do anything at all.

Allegri’s sub patterns have greatly improved from his first two seasons back in charge, but this game was a throwback to those old days, and it wasn’t a good look.

One last note: This result makes Allegri’s decision to punt and settle for a draw in the first game between these two teams at the Allianz look even worse to me than it did at the time. ............ Had Allegri attempted to win the home game, even with this loss they’d still be within touching distance of Inter. Taking the draw and hoping that Inter would drop off later in the season was passive, bordering on scared, and isn’t the attitude a true championship team needs to have in order to compete at the top of the table.

As we’ve seen, Allegri has very much lost that bet, and the consequence was stark: the end, for all intents and purposes, of the title race. ............

Read more -> https://www.blackwhitereadallover.com/2024/2/5/24061524/inter-milan-juventus-derby-d-italia-2024-serie-a-matchday-23-final-score-result-match-recap-analysis

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti