Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
gsol

Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English

130784 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

FIGC Ordered Refs Not To Help Juventus,

Milan Spoke To Collina, Fiorentina Consider Legal Action

Goal.com rounds up all the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 15, 2010

The latest shocking revelation in relation to the on-going Calciopoli trial in Naples has revealed that the chief of Italian football at the time, Franco Carraro, issued orders that referees must not help Juventus. And, Milan have been accused of speaking with referees, not just designators.

The latest call to be transcribed from the evidence obtained by Luciano Moggi's legal team at the trial shows how the Italian FA (FIGC) ensured Juventus were not helped during Calciopoli.

In fact, it was the then FIGC president Franco Carraro who called referee designator Paolo Bergamo telling him that Juventus were to be sent a referee who would not help them during a game in the build up to a Lega Calcio election.

It's a sensational revelation which suggests the then chief of Italian football used his power to manipulate games for his and the authorities own agenda.

And it has led to some claiming the whole Calciopoli process in 2006 should have been thrown out.

Here is a transcript from one of the calls shown live on the Diretta Stadio programme on television channel 7Gold.

The call involves Bergamo and Carrarro. The head of the FA (Carraro) asks for Rodomonti to be sent for the Juventus game, but warns Bergamo of the consequences of any mistakes that could favour the Old Lady.

Carraro: Please I recommend you ensure he [Rodomonti] doesn't help Juventus because it's a very delicate time for us at the Lega. Please, ensure it's an honest affair, but make sure there are no mistakes that could favour Juventus. Don't help Juventus.

Bergamo: Don't worry I will speak to him about it. I will call him after he finishes training tomorrow.

Carraro: Just make sure he doesn't make any mistakes because if he does and it favours Juventus then it would be a disaster.

One of the guests on the show who was sitting next to Luciano Moggi as the transcript was played believes the whole Calcipoli process at the time should have been thrown out based on that call.

"It's a scandal. We are talking about the head of Italian football here. Based on just this call, the whole Calciopoli process should have been scrapped," said the guest.

Since then, Moggi has spoken further on the subject, and he has blamed the current Juventus management for not doing enough to protect the club from the sharp edges of Calciopoli.

He says the Old Lady would never have gone down to Serie B if the Elkann ownership fought for the cause with greater effort back in 2006.

"Inter's 2006 Scudetto? They should have given it to my porter, it would have been safe there," Moggi told Mattino Cinque.

"The problem is another though. Juventus did not defend anyone. If they had defended themselves like other clubs, there would never have gone down to Serie B."

Mario Sconcerti, a columnist for the Corriere della Sera newspaper and football pundit for Sky Sport Italia has defended Juventus in light of all the latest developments that have been churned up by the trial in Naples.

"It wasn't about the decision to give a Scudetto, but to take two away from Juventus was grave and serious. You cannot take away a club's history because of the behaviour of certain directors," he told Il Sussidiario.net.

But, that's not all, Milan have now been accused of having direct communication with referees at the time.

In another call, published by L'Espresso, the then Milan consultant Leonardo Meani spoke with referee Pierluigi Collina after he took a game between Siena and Milan. Meani says Milan vice president Adriano Galliani is keen to speak with the bald-headed whistle blower.

Meani: He [Adriano Galliani] asked about you. He wanted to have a chat, but couldn't because the location was not ideal.

Meani then invites Collina to a meeting at Galliani's house, but the referee refuses, fearing he will be recognised.

Collina: Both myself and Galliani can easily be recognised, I wouldn't want someone to see us.

Collina and Galliani are then alleged to have met at Meani's own restaurant for a meeting and again on other occasions.

Some time after the original Calcipoli scandal, Collina was promoted, and is currently the Serie A and B referee designator.

Meanwhile, Fiorentina, who missed out on two Champions League seasons because of their points penalty in 2006 have hinted they could take legal action based on further developments in the Naples trial.

Viola deputy chairman Mario Cognini told La Nazione newspaper, "We had made a complaint straight away that we were victims of a profound injustice.

"What will we do now? We will wait for the outcomes, then we can take initiative so that our rights are respected."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

FIGC Plan Investigation, Evidence Goes Missing Again,

Moggi Renews Attack On Elkann.

Goal.com rounds up the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day so far...

Apr 16, 2010

The Italian FA are preparing a team to open a new investigation into Calciopoli following all the new evidence that has been put forward by Luciano Moggi's defence team. The Judge at the tribunal of Naples, Teresa Casoria, accepted 75 calls, plus two cds containing over 6,500 contacts and phone call statements.

Tuttosport reports the federal prosecutor is in the process of gathering a panel of seven men who will finely comb all of the 171,000 calls that were made during the Calciopoli investigation period between 2004 and 2006.

But, in a sensational twist, Il Corriere dello Sport claims those 171,000 calls have mysteriously gone missing. It's the second time evidence into the 2006 scandal has disappeared without trace after Col. Attilio Auricchio was accused of holding back a number of calls in 2006 during the original investigation.

FIGC general director Antonello Valentini has explained they will follow indications from the trial in Naples, but confirmed they are not in possession of disks which contain the 171,000 calls. The race is on to find those, but for now the investigation will start with the 75 calls uncovered by Moggi's team at the trial on Tuesday.

"In relation to any judicial process, we will be following closely in the footsteps of the ordinary magistrates, and, we have confirmed with the federal attorney (Palazzi) that we never received those calls (171,000)."

Palazzi will now wait to hear back from Casoria in Naples and will decide whether or not the FIGC investigation will take place based on Moggi's evidence.

La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport fears a blame game between the FIGC and the Tribunal of Naples in relation to the 171,000 calls.

Reports suggest Inter's 2006 title could be revoked and handed back to Juventus should the new planned investigation take off. And, some former Nerazzurri stars believe it would be the right thing.

In an interview with La giornalaccio rosa Dello Sport Sandro Mazzola said: "I had said that that Scudetto should have been restored, and it must be."

Alessandro Altobelli: "Real Inter fans never joyed for the Scudetto handed to them on the table."

Despite the calls on Inter to hand the title back, the Nerazzurri will not bow to pressure.

Luciano Moggi has renewed his attack on John Elkann and the current Juventus ownership, blaming them for not defending the club.

"I had told Elkann what I thought. He did not defend us. I knew he wouldn't defend us because he had already spoken to [Jean-Claude] Blanc in 2004 and had plans to oust me and [Antonio] Giraudo," Moggi told Mattino Cinque.

"And, he did it. Good for him, but the results show that he made wrong decisions. Fans were used to a winning Juventus, that team no longer exists. The team needs to be rebuilt, all thanks to John Elkann."

Moggi's recent rants seem to have rallied the fans into taking their own vigilante actions. On Thursday night the team bus was attacked.

And, this morning, Sky Sport Italia report that a number of Bianconeri Ultras in Milan for tonight's Inter clash booed, jeered and heckled club directors as they appeared at the weekly Lega Calcio meeting.

Meanwhile, in one call Antonio Cassano, then of Roma fame, speaks to the then FIGC vice president Innocenzo Mazzini over a possible call up to the Italy national team, coached by Marcello Lippi at the time.

Cassano jokes with Mazzini over a call up and is eager to discover whether he will be picked. But, before Italy's game against Russia in February 2005, he hands Lippi a sick note and doesn't receive a call because he is supposedly injured.

However, three days later he plays against Inter. Speculative reports in Italy now suggest this could have sparked early collisions with Lippi, leading to his permanent exclusion since the former Juventus coach re-took the helm.

An extract of that phone call, as published by Il Secolo XIX, reads:

Mazzini: You are as fat as a bride. (Mazzini tells Cassano he needs to train harder)

Cassano: [laughs and jokes] I have to train? No, you have to give me the ball, and I will train the others.

Cassano then asks whether Lippi will call him, and Mazzini responds: You? yes, for sure, but, make sure you don't p*** about.

Three days later, Cassano presented the Italian FA with a medical certificate claiming he had an injury, days later he played for Roma.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Totti Escaped Juventus Ban, Zamparini Blames Moggi,

Blanc Wants Justice, De Laurentiis In Quit Threat

Goal.com rounds up the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 16, 2010

As the evidence being wheeled into the Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples mounts, new questions have been raised as to why Roma captain Francesco Totti escaped a ban for insulting a referee a week before the Lupi took on Juventus during the 2004/05 season.

According to Il Corriere della Sera, one of the 75 calls sees designators Pierluigi Pairetto and Paolo Bergamo avoiding taking action against Totti after he swore at the referee during Roma's 1-1 draw with Palermo on October 24 2004.

Both Pairetto and Bergamo are alleged to have "had words" with the match official who had received abuse from Totti. It is alleged the referee was told not to mention the abuse in his match report, meaning Totti escaped a ban, and played against Juventus a week later, a game the Bianconeri won 2-0.

Moggi has accused the Juventus leadership of not doing enough to defend themselves during the original 2006 trial, claiming a stronger defence would have avoided relegation to Serie B.

Current president Jean-Claude Blanc has since responded, and he is taking a step back from all of the court room corridor swipes.

"Juventus are watching the situation and we need to give those responsible time to ensure a fair and equal justice for all, we have already been clear about this last week when we released the statement." he told the press on Friday.

Blanc was referring to a statement the club had released in relation to the on-going trial in Naples.

Meanwhile, one of Moggi's lawyers, Paolo Rodella, has said their interest is to defend the former director, not the club.

"We have asked the courts for the aquisition of these new wiretaps and we will get a response once the trial resumes on Tuesday," he told Tuttomercatoweb.com.

"Myself and two colleagues are only interested in our client Luciano Moggi's position. We are not interested in Juve's situation. We only want the best solution for our client."

Palermo have also been accused of calling referees, but president Maurizio Zamparini has blamed the whole Calciopoli affair on Moggi and Juventus. 'Zampa' has renewed his attack on the former Juve chief, despite the evidence against his own Rosanero.

"I have always been an opponent of Moggi's in the Lega, both Moggi and [Antonio] Giraudo," Zamparini told La Repubblica.

"I had warned the Agnellis back when they employed the duo. Moggi understands football, but he is not the example of sporting fairness. If he dragged Calcio into the mud then Juventus are also to blame."

Zamparini then defended his club in light of the new calls that have dragged them into the case.

"I had told [Rino] Foschi (former Palermo director) to make those calls. We wanted to protect ourselves," he concluded.

As the Lega Calcio meeting between club presidents and directors concluded Friday's Calciopoli pingball match, Milan, Parma, Napoli and Lazio all added their voices to the latest developments. It's important to note that both Parma and Napoli are not involved in the trial.

Leandro Cantamessa, Milan lawyer and advisor, insists the 2006 punishments would have been different had all the new calls been available at the time.

"A different scenario would have emerged with different consequences, but it's not for me to say this," said Cantamessa.

"In these instances it's best to remain quiet," said Lazio president Claudio Lotito.

"All these new things should be discussed in the appropriate place [court] and they will decide if these things are relevant to what has been happening," he concluded.

Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi has called for Italy's political leaders to get involved and put an end to the Calciopoli debate for good.

"I think the political world needs to examine all this and resolve it as soon as possible," said Ghirardi.

Aurelio De Laurentiis has gone a step further. He doesn't need political duck hunting to help him turn his back on a footballing country torn apart by the effects of Calciopoli.

"I am not in nor out as I am the least able to speak about Calciopoli. But, I do ask myself whether it is worth staying in this football environment," De Laurentiis concluded.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

New Swiss Sim Card Allegations Involving

Moggi Emerge, Moratti Tranquil Over 2006 Title

Attorneys at the trial of Naples are keen to ask Moggi questions over alleged Swiss sim cards...

Apr 17, 2010

As expectation grows ahead of next Tuesday's Calciopoli hearing at the Tribunal of Naples, new allegations which centre around Luciano Moggi and Swiss sim cards have come to light, according to La giornalaccio rosa Dello Sport.

Attorneys Giuseppe Narducci and Sefano Capuano are now trying to investigate an incident in which Moggi is alleged to have spoken to referees, as well as the then designator Paolo Bergamo.

In one call believed to have taken place in November 2004, Moggi speaks with Bergamo in which both men are alleged to have swapped Swiss phone numbers and other details.

giornalaccio rosa have published a transcript which they claim is from a call between Moggi and an un-named referee.

Moggi: Hey how are you? Maybe they are scared to send you out for a game on Sunday because you said you feel ill, but you have to give them reassurances.

Moggi then calls Bergamo and complains about referee Morganti.

Moggi: Morganti needs to stay at home after the disaster he caused. He doesn't understand how things work.

As Moggi speaks on the phone, another mobile phone allegedly rings and he is intercepted speaking with a referee.

Narducci and Capuano are now expected to look into these allegations further and they will asks Moggi and his defence team to supply more information during the court hearing.

Moggi has since responded to the alleged calls to referees.

"When people say I spoke to referees, why don't they find the calls and prove it. I did not speak with referees," Moggi told Ventura Football show.

"Everything will end when people say Moggi did not do anything. No-one is guilty here. People just worked in the interests of their own clubs.

"There was no Juventus system, it was a way everyone used to communicate."

Moggi insists his mission is not to throw scorn at other clubs and accuse them of wrong doing, but merely to show that lots of people called the designators.

"I am the first to say that Facchetti (then of Inter) and other directors did not do things that were out of place, but neither did Moggi nor Giraudo," he added.

"We want to show that there was no system involving Moggi, Bettega and Giraudo."

Meanwhile, Moggi's Lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi has said there will be more evidence at the next hearing.

"Our work so far has been partial. There is more to come and we are looking for other transcripts."

Inter president Massimo Moratti has been keeping a close eye on developments. He seems tranquil regarding the ongoing trial.

Reports suggested Inter could lose the 2006 Scudetto if the Italian FA proceeds with its own investigation into the calls emerging at the trial.

But, Moratti insists he is not afraid if their Scudetto is revoked.

"Scared that they will take the 2006 title away from us? Not at all," said the Nerazzurri chief.

Juventus president Jean-Claude Blanc said the club would be following developments in Naples on Tuesday, but goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon couldn't careless.

"Calciopoli is a discourse that hurts Italian football and sport in general. It creates tension that we do not need," he thundered to the press.

"Years have passed, and I am not interested. Whoever wants the Scudetto can have it."

The sixth hearing into the trial takes place on Tuesday April 20.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Two New Clubs Allegedly Called Designators, Court To Question

Moggi Over Sim Card Affair & Make Decision On 75 Calls

Apr 19, 2010

On Tuesday the sixth hearing into the Calciopoli trial will take place in the Tribunal of Naples where it is expected Judge Teresa Casoria and attorneys Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano will make a decision over the telephone call transcripts that were presented to them during last week's hearing.

Back then Luciano Moggi's legal team showed the court evidence of phone calls which allege that the then Inter president Giacinto Facchetti spoke with referee designators. Other calls came to light in which Palermo, Roma, Bologna, Cagliari and Udinese are all accused of having spoken with designators too.

The FIGC will be keen to hear what steps Casoria will take. Last week she accepted Moggi's evidence at the hearing. Tomorrow a decision will be taken as to whether the evidence is admissible.

The Italian FA could open their own investigation into the 2006 sporting process depending on Casoria's decision. Narducci and Capuano are also expected to question Moggi over the Sim Card affair. They feel the cards were used to speak with referees and designators, though Moggi has always insisted they were solely for transfer market business.

Should Casoria make an official decision to acquire further information on the 75 calls, it will take around 30 days to have them transcripted. At the trial, Moggi has been accused of Association to Defraud.

Moggi has maintained his innocence and he has said he never spoke with referees, though he will be examined on this during tomorrow's hearing.

"The mother of all interceptions was the one that massacred me for two years, the one where I was accused of indicating five referees, but I never did," he told Controcampo.

"It was all a game, but a game that was never revealed because I had said to put referee Tombolini, instead there was referee Rodomonti.

"And, I remember that before the Inter - Juve match, Facchetti had called Bergamo to ask for Collina.

"As for the Swiss Sim Cards, they were for the transfer market."

After last week's hearing, 11 clubs were all accused of speaking to designators. Those 11 are Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, and Reggina who were all punished from the sporting trial in 2006, and the new clubs that emerged from Moggi's evidence. Inter, Palermo, Roma, Bologna, Cagliari and Udinese.

However, two more clubs are alleged to have been in contact with referee chiefs at the time. They are Livorno and Chievo.

Tuttosport have published extracts of calls involving Livorno president Aldo Spinelli and Paolo Bergamo, and Chievo chief Luca Campedelli and Pier Luigi Pairetto.

Spinelli: Are you in Livorno?

Bergamo: Yes. I am in Livorno.

Spinelli: Can I see you for five minutes?

Bergamo: Yes, but when and where?

Spinelli: No, I will be there in 30 minutes. Are you in office?

Bergamo: I am in office for about an hour. When will you be here?

Spinelli: Ok I will come to you. 12 ok?

Bergamo: Yeah sure.

In another call, Chievo's Campedelli moans about a referee and asks Pairetto not to send those who lack experience.

Campedelli: I had hoped you'd call me... never mind.

Pai

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Calciopoli Trial Adjourned After Ancelotti Didn't Turn Up,

Roberto Mancini Summoned

Trial adjourned until next week, Manchester City boss summoned...

Apr 20, 2010

The sixth hearing into the Calciopoli trial in Naples has been adjourned until Tuesday, April 27, after Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti and others failed to show because of the European flying restrictions in place.

Judge Casoria closed proceedings following a brief hearing that lasted less than an hour in which plans for the next session were outlined.

She expects to see Ancelotti next week, and summoned both Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini and Carabinieri inspector Salvagno, who was part of the investigating team into the 2006 trial.

It must be noted that both Ancelotti and Mancini will only be present in court as witnesses to give evidence in relation to their time as coaches of Milan and Inter respectively. Neither are accused of anything.

Pierluigi Pairetto's legal team was expected to deposit further phonecalls, but they were unable to. Casoria established that in a hearing slated for May 4, the court will appoint Roberto Porta, the man tasked with transcripting all the 74 calls presented last week by Moggi's legal team, and the further 20 calls that will be deposited by Pairetto's lawyers.

Casoria confirmed the calls presented last week, and the further 20 that Pairetto will hand over, are to be considered a definitive list.

Also, attorney Giuseppe Narducci is keen to obtain an interview Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini gave a local radio station in which he is alleged to have admitted to asking for a specific referee.

As those at the hearing left, Luciano Moggi was surrounded outside the court building by journalists and around 50 Juventus fans.

The former Juventus director again took a swipe at the club's current leadership.

"Ask Juventus why they are not defending themselves, and why is it just me who is defending them?" he told Sky News Italia.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Prosecutors To Investigate New Luciano Moggi Allegations

Apr 20, 2010

Although Tuesday's hearing into the Calciopoli trial in Naples was adjourned until April 27 due to a lack of witnessess, public prosecutor Giuseppe Narducci is busy working on new allegations involving Luciano Moggi and Palermo.

During the brief hearing, Narducci lodged a request with the court to obtain files and recordings in relation to an interview Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini gave to Radio Radio in which he alleged Moggi used his influence to ensure a Serie B match during the 2003/04 season between Verona and Palermo was assigned a certain referee.

Narducci is working alongside colleague Stefano Capuano over the new allegations and police have already obtained evidence from the radio station that will now be handed over to the Tribunal of Naples and could be presented during forthcoming hearings.

This new evidence from Radio Radio relates to Palermo's promotion push. In the interview, Zamparini said Moggi called a designator and asked for referee Rizzoli for the Verona-Palermo match, and it was Rizzoli who was sent to the game. The game ended 2-1 to Palermo.

Narducci and Capuano are now keen to speak with the linesmen from that game, and further developments are expected next week once they possess the full interview from Zamparini. Moggi has not responded to the allegations.

Meanwhile, former referee Massimo De Santis has accused Telecom Italia and Pirelli of spying on him.

He told the court: "My life has been distraught because of the illegal activities of the Telecom Pirelli group. They spied on me and my family and I was made to look like a mafioso. I was not even able to leave my house at one point."

Judge Teresa Casoria responded to De Santis' court room speech.

"May I remind you that you are still accused in this case, but I see that you consider yourself to have been acquitted," responded Casoria.

"Yes, but my life has been a misery," said De Santis, to which Casoria responded: "This is what happens to all who are under legal judgement."

Judge Casoria closed proceedings following a brief hearing that lasted less than an hour in which plans for the next session were outlined.

She expects to see Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti next week, and summoned both Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini and Carabinieri inspector Salvagno, who was part of the investigating team into the 2006 trial.

It must be noted that both Ancelotti and Mancini will only be present in court as witnesses to give evidence in relation to their time as coaches of Milan and Inter respectively. Neither are accused of anything.

Pierluigi Pairetto's legal team were expected to deposit further phonecalls, but they were unable to. Casoria established that in a hearing slated for May 4, the court will appoint Roberto Porta, the man tasked with transcripting all the 74 calls presented last week by Moggi's legal team, and the further 20 calls that will be deposited by Pairetto's lawyers.

Casoria confirmed the calls presented last week, and the further 20 that Pairetto will hand over, are to be considered a definitive list. This means the court will work on these calls in future hearings.

At the trial, Moggi has been accused of association to defraud and sporting fraud and having a network of contacts which he used to keep in touch with referee designators.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Zamparini On Moggi Allegation, Facchetti Renews Attack

Apr 21, 2010

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has taken a backward step in relation to his allegation that Luciano Moggi fixed a referee for the 2003/04 Serie B match against Verona.

Following Tuesday's brief hearing at the Calciopoli trial in Naples, public prosecutor Giuseppe Narducci and colleague Stefano Capuano were keen to obtain more information from an interview Zamparini gave Radio Radio in which he alleged Moggi arranged the referee for that game.

During that interview Zamparini said, as reported by La Stampa, "One day, when Palermo were still in Serie B, Moggi saw that I was worried. I told him that referees were not very good, and so he asked me who was the best referee in Serie B. I was told it was Rizzoli. So, in front of me Moggi called and asked for Rizzoli for the Palermo match. I didn't think nothing of it, but then Rizzoli was the referee that arrived. I did complain to a number of Serie A presidents, but they never said anything."

Palermo won the match 2-1. Since the revelations from Zamparini, the public prosecutors in Naples wanted to use his accusation as evidence at the trial as Moggi is accused of sporting fraud, but he is trying to defend himself by claiming other clubs also called the designators and, or referees.

However, the court has learned that Zamparini has retracted his claim. He says he has no proof that Moggi called the designator to arrange the referee.

"There is nothing, no registration," Zamparini told La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

He then told Tuttosport: "I don't know why the prosecutors need all this when they have plenty of evidence in front of them.

"Maybe what I have said is false. I had just spoken of a turn of events in football, but I don't have any proof. It's my word against Moggi's."

Meanwhile, reports around the peninsula today claim FIGC prosecutor Stefano Palazzi has gathered a team of investigators who will examine all the latest developments from Naples, before deciding whether to open an investigation into the 2006 sporting trial.

And, Gianfelice Facchetti, son of the late former Inter president Giacinto, has renewed his attack on Moggi and his legal team for accusing his father of speaking to referees and designators at the time. Facchetti has also accused Moggi and his lawyers of raising a smokescreen in court.

"My father's credibility cannot be attacked by four dossers, with all respect for tramps," he told the press.

"These attacks are vile and vulgar. Many stories are being told, but it's only to put smoke in the eyes of a process that is more media-based than judicial."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

FIGC Investigation Takes Place While Italy Are At World Cup,

Alleged New Calls Between Club Chiefs & Referees

Apr 23, 2010

Italy's World Cup hopes could be dampened as developments from the Calciopoli trial in Naples will see the FIGC (Italian FA) open their new investigation in June, just days before the big kick-off in South Africa.

On Tuesday the FIGC confirmed an investigation into the new evidence in Naples will take place. At the ongoing trial, Luciano Moggi's legal team uncovered hundreds of calls involving other clubs including Roma, Inter and Palermo.

The federation will ask for the calls, around 100, to be transcripted before launching their investigation. It will take around a month from now for those calls to be transcripted and be made availble by the court.

What happens next is that the FIGC will summon those from the clubs accused who were not part of the original 2006 investigation, thus the likes of Inter, Roma, Palermo and others will have to answer to the investigators in relation to the calls presented by Moggi's legal team in which they are alleged to have had contact with referee designators between 2004 and 2006. This is in addition to whatever steps judge Teresa Casoria will take at the court trial.

La Stampa claims that although the original 2006 sporting trial cannot be re-opened, the FIGC could still take the step of revoking Inter's Scudetto from that season because the new calls will have tarnished their campaign. Even though the investigation could end without punishment for Inter or indictments of justice, FIGC chief Giancarlo Abete could be forced into making a political decision to revoke the Scudetto, purely because of Inter's alleged involvement into Calciopoli.

Meanwhile, Moggi has continued pleading across the Italian newswires. And he has renewed his attack on Juventus, claiming the club are not defending themselves.

"Words and talking to people are not a crime. Juventus cannot be made to pay for something they have not done," he told tuttipazziperlajuve.com, as reported by Tuttosport.

But Moggi was pleased to hear of the FIGC's steps to open a new probe into the allegations involving clubs and referee designators.

"The others were never judged because the complete facts did not arrive at the federation. In any case, the proceedings should be re-opened."

For all the court room whispers, Piero Sandulli, the man who passed sentence during the original 2006 sporting process, has said their judgements would not have changed, regardless of Moggi's new evidence.

"I think the FIGC have done well to open an investigation, and, as regards to Moggi's calls, we have to see them transcripted first," he told Il Messaggero.

"Had I had these new phonecalls available back then, the sentence in relation to the clubs would have been what it was. Perhaps there could have been something more on the investigation, but the facts from today show we did everything correctly."

Of the 171,000 calls that were intercepted between 2004 and 2005 in relation to Calciopoli, more details are emerging of alleged phone calls between club directors and referees, according to Tuttosport.

The report alleges that a number of important referees at the time were in contact with club chiefs and that Luciano Moggi's legal team could present these new calls to the court at the next hearing at the trial of Naples on Tuesday, April 27.

But in the last hearing, judge Casoria made it clear that the 100 calls presented by Moggi's team were a definitive list to work with. Therefore, the court may decide not to accept further calls presented by Moggi and his lawyers.

However, the FIGC, who have confirmed they will open up a new investigation into the revelations from Naples, could ask for these new calls as part of their inquiries.

Meanwhile Moggi's lawyer Paolo Rodella has commented on the evidence he and his team have presented to the courts so far, while defending the former Juventus director.

"We must distinguish between disloyalty in sport and something that is illegal, but at most, what is more or less unfairness in sport. And so, in this sense, the wiretaps that have recently become known speak for themselves," he told Apcom.net.

"It's worth remembering that Luciano Moggi was condemned by the organs of sporting justice for the so-called 'illegal structure' for having repeated a number of individual violations of Article 1 of the Code of sports justice which, according to the judges, would translate in conditioning the regular functioning of the arbitration in favour of Juventus.

"Therefore it's not correct to distinguish between sporting disloyalty and illegal activity simply because Moggi was not found guilty of any illegal activity."

Moggi is currently accused of association to defraud and sports disloyalty at the trial of Naples for having been in contact with referee designators.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

I Have Never Denied That I Spoke

With Luciano Moggi - Paolo Bergamo

Bergamo claims investigators in the 2006 Calciopoli proceedings ingnored him

when he revealed that everyone spoke with each other...

Apr 24, 2010

New details are emerging on how former referee designator Paolo Bergamo had informed the Italian football authorities in 2006 that speaking with club directors was common place, but his advice was ignored, according to Tuttosport.

Bergamo argued that his talks with club officials including Luciano Moggi did not hide any type of system.

Tuttosport have now published an extract from an interrogation Bergamo underwent during the original Calciopoli investigations in 2006 where he said many clubs were involved. However, there was no subsequent investigation into what he revealed.

"I have never denied that I spoke with Moggi about the referee grids, but I also used to confront things with Pierluigi Pairetto and many other club directors who I used to speak with about these things."

Bergamo believes the original investigation could have turned out differently had prosecutors believed what he told them.

"It's true that I made the mistake of having too many confidential phonecalls, but Calciopoli went like it did because no one wanted to believe me. They just wanted one result."

At the current criminal proceedings into Calciopoli at the Tribunal of Naples, Moggi is accused of sporting disloyalty, sporting fraud and association to defraud. But his legal team have been showing that many clubs spoke to the designators including Bergamo with evidence of phonecalls they have gathered, but were not part of the 2006 trial.

Since the court room revelations, the Italian FA have decided to open a new investigation into the evidence from Naples.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus Fans Send Letter To FIGC Demanding Calciopoli Justice,

Two Revoked Scudetti, Compensation & Threatening To Boycott Serie A

Bianconeri fans, among other things, demand the return of their two revoked Scudetti, a formal public apology for the

wrongful relegation, compensation for lost revenue, and even relegation of clubs that weren’t punished in 2006...

Apr 26, 2010

J1897.com, the second largest online Bianconero community in Italy with 40,000 members, have sent a letter to Juventus and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) demanding Calciopoli “justice” and threatening to boycott their club and Serie A altogether.

The Juventino community have demanded the reassignment of the two revoked Scudetti, a formal public apology for the wrongful relegation, compensation for lost revenue, and even demotion of clubs that weren’t punished in 2006. The website also bemoaned the conflict of interest in Italian football that sees TIM's sponsorship links to both Serie A and Inter, and warns that they will no longer be part of a political league where money dictates.

Calciopoli rocked the Calcio world in 2006, and Juventus suffered more than any other team. They were stripped of the Scudetti they won in 2005 and 2006, and relegated to Serie B with a heavy points penalty. After selling off many of their star players and losing out financially and internationally, the Bianconeri have yet to recover.

Since the crisis there have been many theories that Calciopoli was a conspiracy targeted to eliminate Juventus as Calcio’s most powerful force. Some of the complaints can be found in this editorial.

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi’s ongoing trial in Naples has raised further doubts about the punishments dished out in 2006, with suggestions that there was mass evidence-tampering four years ago, with 171,000 phone calls implicating Inter and others withheld from court.

Juventus fans have been extremely upset that their current management, who replaced the 'Triade' of Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and the recently-returned Roberto Bettega in 2006, have failed to defend their club during Calciopoli by first complying during the original trial and then never fighting for “justice”.

J1897.com have now upped the ante with a strong letter sent both to Juventus and the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) in which they make it clear that they will stop at nothing to ensure that there is “justice”.

The letter in full is below:

"We Want Justice

Only four years have passed but for us fans it seems like many more. From 2006 to the present day we have absorbed too many humiliations, now it is time to seriously raise our voices.

The intercepted phone calls that have emerged recently from lawyers Prioreschi and Trofino in the Neapolitan Civil Court demonstrated one simple thing: those who four years ago professed immaculate honesty and walked the streets wearing the white veil of virginity with the “Scudetto of Embarrassment” stitched on top, made calls that were far worse than anything heard in 2006.

• Never was Moggi overheard asking for two linesmen from designator Mazzei, let alone obtaining them.

• Never was Moggi overheard suggesting a new method to assign referees (and request to discontinue the random draw), inserting referees outside of the grid process to increase the probability of obtaining a desired referee.

• Never was Moggi found conversing with referees on the phone, excluding the call Paparesta made to Moggi after he officiated the Reggina-Juventus match, which Moggi terminated with seconds claiming he had nothing to say to him.

• Never was Moggi heard requesting and being granted a referee for a Coppa Italia match (remember that Coppa matches did not adhere to a random draw process but rather straight assigning of referees).

Juventus fans are not stupid.

It is clear as daylight that there were no fixed games in the “incriminated seasons” on behalf of Juventus, Inter, Milan, or any other club (this sentiment is further shared by the very judges who stated as much in the verdicts they wrote in July of 2006).

The only evident “system” was one that the FIGC itself created and promoted whereby team directors were invited and encouraged to maintain dialogue with referee designators for the purposes of communicating feedback be it satisfaction or criticism. There was certainly no mafia style organism governed by two men, who have now suffered the consequences alone while all others continue to walk freely proclaiming their innocence.

It appears as though there are but two possible outcomes:

• It is determined that all are innocent: in such a case we demand that the FIGC reassign the 28th and 29th league titles to Juventus, a public apology for the damage that has been caused to the Juventus name along with a demand to Juventus SpA for an economic restitution by the FIGC for the financial losses incurred by the federation’s decisions. These are the MINIMUM acceptable actions that the team’s directors could carry out to finally demonstrate respect towards its fans that have remained loyal even in Serie B.

• It is determined that all are guilty: in such a case we demand that the FIGC open a new investigation in their Sporting Tribunal to analyze the new intercepted calls and that the same rules applied four years ago be applied again. This could only be realized by the relegation of certain ”honest” teams.

The behaviour was the same by all team directors, therefore we only ask for fair and equal treatment for all.

Other solutions will NOT be tolerated from the Juventino population; do not think that revoking the 2006 title from Inter will be sufficient to pacify the country’s biggest fan base and bury the hatchet. We want a trial, we want the truth. The time of half truths and power games has come to an end.

Since all our prior requests for clarity regarding this case have fallen on deaf ears, now we are obligated to communicate by threat.

If these demands are not met by Juventus FC or the FIGC, we are prepared to boycott the entire football product, because at that point it will become clear to all that this is not a league based on sport and competition but rather a farce where it is acceptable to make those who spend more win. No season ticket sales, no regular tickets, no magazine or web subscriptions, no pay TV, no merchandise, absolutely nothing.

We do not want this type of football.

For this type of football you will have to proceed without our money.

This type of football Mr. Moratti will have to finance entirely.

We are many, we are awaiting the results of this case and we are infuriated.

Do not call our bluff because we assure you that in such a case we will bring our money elsewhere.

It is our consumer right and no one will take it away."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

New Inter Calls Emerge, Moggi Admits Referee

Contacts, FIGC Encouraged Dialogue With All

Apr 27, 2010

There are a further 10 calls that have emerged from the latest Calciopoli hearing at the Tribunal of Naples that involve club directors, designators and referees, and although they are not part of the current legal process yet, they may still be added to proceedings by the court.

Public prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano heard evidence from police inspector Claudio Salvagno, who was part of the investigation team during the original Calciopoli trial in 2006. Cosimo Ferri, former comissioner at the FIGC, was also interrogated. Both men were called to give evidence on behalf of the prosecution.

As Salvagno was examined, he told the court of Luciano Moggi's alleged relationship with a number of figures including the police, home office, magistrates and other individuals. Salvagno then presented a list of calls in relation to benefits for a number of people. These included cars, watches and season tickets.

Moggi's defence were quick to jump up and react to the claims as they objected. They were keen to stop Salvagno from speaking about calls involving their client, but he was allowed to continue indicating specific calls.

One of Moggi's adisors Nicola Penta then presented another list of the 10 latest calls to emerge from the 171,000 wiretaps. These are regarding calls between Inter, Bologna, Parma and Cagliari and referee designators.

It is important to note that these 10 calls have not been transcribed and their content was not heard in today's hearing. But Moggi's lawyers did tell the court that once they were transcribed, the calls will be presented to judge Teresa Casoria at future hearings. Once this happens, Casoria will decide whether the transcripts are relevant.

Penta told the court: "Everyone spoke with all to get information, and clubs used to ask for the best referees. All you have to do is listen to calls by Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto to see the pressure clubs put on them."

That claim was then echoed by Pairetto, who accused the FIGC (Italian FA) of encouraging dialogue between referee designators and clubs.

"The federation used to push us to have contact with clubs so that there would not be any dramas ending up in the papers.

"Knowing about the referee grids was not forbidden, neither was it a negative thing in the eyes of the FIGC."

Moggi then admitted having met with former referee Massimo De Santis, claiming there was nothing wrong in doing so.

"I met De Santis at the end of a game, but this was not prohibited. But others used to go to referees at half-time. The late Inter president Giacinto Facchetti was once banned for three months for having seen a ref at half-time."

Prosecutors then continued their questioning of Ferri, who was asked to elaborate further on a call in which Lazio were alleged to have asked a referee for help during a game.

The trial will resume on May 11. The next hearing was scheduled to take place on May 4, but a lawyer's strike across the country has seen it put back. Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti, who was expected today, but missed the hearing, should make the May 11 hearing.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Prosecutors Obtain New Evidence From Facchetti Jr,

FIGC Speed Up Investigation

Goal.com rounds up all the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 28, 2010

A series of new notes and a diary belonging to former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti have been obtained by public prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano in relation to the Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples, according to ANSA.it.

The new evidence was handed over to them by Gianfelice Facchetti, son of the late Inter man after he was interrogated by Narducci and Capuano on Monday.

Facchetti, who died in 2006, kept a diary of Moggi's alleged relationships with referees, and the prosecutors are keen to learn more on these new developments.

They have now deposited the evidence with the court and are likely to use it as another weapon against Moggi, who is being accused of association to defraud and sporting disloyalty at the ongoing trial.

Moggi's lawyers will not be able to take a look at the diaries until Friday when they will become available. Facchetti junior was also asked questions in relation to allegations in which his father spoke with referee designators and referees after Moggi's defence team presented transcripts of calls involving the former Inter chief.

Meanwhile, as the prosecutors in Naples dig deeper into the new allegations against Moggi, investigators at the FIGC (Italian FA) are keen to get moving on their own probe into all the new evidence that has been presented and accepted by the judge at the trial.

Stefano Palazzi, who is leading the FIGC's investigation, has a team ready to start sifting through the 100 or so transcripts that were initially accepted by the court.

Palazzi has also asked for a copy of the CD containing around 171,000 phone calls between club directors and referee designators.

It's a major task for the FA as their investigation could cease to be valid because of a statute of limitation regarding time contraints. It is unknown how long it will take the team of investigators to transcribe all the calls.

As things stand, they already have the 100 calls already presented and transcribed at the court of Naples from Moggi's lawyers.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Banned From Football For Good

Moggi has been banned from having any role in football by the FIGC's federal court...

Apr 28, 2010

Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and former Italian FA vice-president Innocenzo Mazzini have been banned from football for life. The FIGC confirmed in a statement released on Wednesday that they are not allowed to hold any future role in football.

The official statement reads:

"The federal Court of Justice, who today released a statement in which the advisory panel met on 13 April under the chairmanship of Dr Giancarlo Corragio, expresses its opinion on the interpretation of Article 19 of the Code of Sport's Justice in relation to the exclusion of holding a rank within FIGC roles.

The request for interpretation was formulated in recent weeks by FIGC president Giancarlo Abete, following a legal void created in the transition between the discipline of the old Code of Justice and the new sports legislation which came into force on 1 July 2007.

In their opinion, following the outcome of the discussion, the Chamber of the Court of Justice advisory says: "it is considered that the measure of exclusion must be considered implicit, as statutory effect, in the decisions with which the organs of sporting justice, after having imposed the sanction of suspension to the fullest extent, having looked at the particular seriousness of the offence."

When Moggi, Giraudo and Mazzini received their Calciopoli verdicts in 2006, they were banned for five years with the possibility of permanent exclusion.

Laws before Calciopoli stated that the federal court made the proposition of permanent exclusion, but the decision would rest with the president. At the time, Guido Rossi was commissioner of the FIGC and he did not make a decision as to whether the three should be permanently excluded from football.

Meanwhile, the laws were changed in 2007 when new principles establised by the CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) stipulated that sports management, and sports justice were to be seperated. With that, the possibility exclusion remained open and the powers to exclude remained with the federal court.

Thus, on March 31 2010, FIGC president Giancarlo Abete asked the federal court for an opinion into the possible exclusion of the three. On April 13 the federal court gathered and today gave their decision. It was based on the reasons that Moggi's original five year ban, due to expire in 2011, was still in force, and that he had received a fair sporting trial in 2006 - a legal process that cannot be reopened.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
4 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Banned From Football For Good

Moggi has been banned from having any role in football by the FIGC's federal court...

Apr 28, 2010

Luciano Moggi, Antonio Giraudo and former Italian FA vice-president Innocenzo Mazzini have been banned from football for life. The FIGC confirmed in a statement released on Wednesday that they are not allowed to hold any future role in football.

The official statement reads:

"The federal Court of Justice, who today released a statement in which the advisory panel met on 13 April under the chairmanship of Dr Giancarlo Corragio, expresses its opinion on the interpretation of Article 19 of the Code of Sport's Justice in relation to the exclusion of holding a rank within FIGC roles.

The request for interpretation was formulated in recent weeks by FIGC president Giancarlo Abete, following a legal void created in the transition between the discipline of the old Code of Justice and the new sports legislation which came into force on 1 July 2007.

In their opinion, following the outcome of the discussion, the Chamber of the Court of Justice advisory says: "it is considered that the measure of exclusion must be considered implicit, as statutory effect, in the decisions with which the organs of sporting justice, after having imposed the sanction of suspension to the fullest extent, having looked at the particular seriousness of the offence."

When Moggi, Giraudo and Mazzini received their Calciopoli verdicts in 2006, they were banned for five years with the possibility of permanent exclusion.

Laws before Calciopoli stated that the federal court made the proposition of permanent exclusion, but the decision would rest with the president. At the time, Guido Rossi was commissioner of the FIGC and he did not make a decision as to whether the three should be permanently excluded from football.

Meanwhile, the laws were changed in 2007 when new principles establised by the CONI (Italian Olympic Committee) stipulated that sports management, and sports justice were to be seperated. With that, the possibility exclusion remained open and the powers to exclude remained with the federal court.

Thus, on March 31 2010, FIGC president Giancarlo Abete asked the federal court for an opinion into the possible exclusion of the three. On April 13 the federal court gathered and today gave their decision. It was based on the reasons that Moggi's original five year ban, due to expire in 2011, was still in force, and that he had received a fair sporting trial in 2006 - a legal process that cannot be reopened.

This is disgusting. It has no merit whatsoever. They can't randomly ban people from football if they have no evidence of them doing anything illegal. The FIGC are ruining Italian football and they wonder why the rest of the world thinks so poorly of Serie A - they do it to themselves. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

This is disgusting. It has no merit whatsoever. They can't randomly ban people from football if they have no evidence of them doing anything illegal. The FIGC are ruining Italian football and they wonder why the rest of the world thinks so poorly of Serie A - they do it to themselves. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

You are right , Taylor, you and I don't live in Italy and we think like this.

But in Italy they think on another way: They still see Serie A as the most beautiful league in the world.

What the FIGC has done to Moggi is not unusual in Italy and not just in the sport.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
4 messaggi

You are right , Taylor, you and I don't live in Italy and we think like this.

But in Italy they think on another way: They still see Serie A as the most beautiful league in the world.

What the FIGC has done to Moggi is not unusual in Italy and not just in the sport.

I know, unfortunately, this is Italy's "justice" system. It is just so obvious that Inter are behind this and they are just trying to hinder Juve's progress.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Lazio Want Compensation, Luciano Moggi Reacts

To Lifetime Ban, John Elkann Wants Inter's 2005-06 Title Revoked

Apr 29, 2010

Lazio are the latest club to question the validity of the 2006 Calciopoli sporting trial, and they could launch a compensation claim based on new findings at the ongoing criminal proceedings at the Tribunal of Naples.

Aquile club lawyer Gian Michele Gentile told Radio Sei: "Referees Rocchi and Messina denied every contact with designators and the players denied feelings of a dirty game. Now we will hear [Paolo] Bergamo.

"If new concrete facts emerge that prove that Bergamo never directed referees to help Lazio then as a club we will ask that the 2006 trial be revoked because the reasons for the sentence will have been proved unacceptable in criminal law."

Gentile is basing his claim on emerging details from the court of Naples in which Luciano Moggi's legal team have alleged that many clubs spoke with designators and vice versa during 2004 and 2006 when Calciopoli exploded. Their evidence is based on over 171,000 wiretaps they have obtained, some of which were never part of the 2006 probe.

Many remember Lazio were docked 11 points, later reduced to three points, for the 2006-07 season after the original 2006 sports trial. They also played two games behind closed doors, and had a 30-point reduction on the 2005-06 season, meaning they missed out on Europe. Claudio Lotito was also banned for four months on appeal after an original three-and-a-half year ban was imposed on him.

Meanwhile, Moggi has reacted to Tuesday's news that the FIGC have banned him for life from having any role within Italian football.

After a meeting with the FA's arbitration panel, it was decided that Moggi, former Juventus chief Antonio Giraudo, and former Italian FA vice-president Innocenzo Mazzini are to be ousted from the game permanently - just a year before Moggi was expected to return to Calcio following his original five-year ban.

And he wasted no time in renewing his attack on the FIGC during a television programme.

"I don't know what all this means," Moggi told 'Chiambretti Night' on Italia 1.

"They should be ashamed of themselves after all that has come out.

"I speak for myself and Giraudo, but for all those who suffer. They should have also banned [Franco] Carraro [the former FIGC head] because he said that Fiorentina and Lazio needed to be saved."

Following Moggi's indefinite ban, Juventus fans are ready to organise a march and protest against the FIGC's ruling, according to Calciomercato.com.

This follows a letter they had sent the FIGC earlier this week asking for Moggi to be pardoned, but their hopes were dashed with the new ban decision.

And, with Juventus patron John Elkann handing power over to Andrea Agnelli as the club's new president, he promised to appeal to the FIGC in an attempt to have Inter's 2005-06 Scudetto revoked. That Scudetto was originally stripped from Juventus and handed to Inter by default.

"In the next few days we will present something to the FA and ask for the revocation of the 2005-06 title," he told La Stampa.

"In accordance with what we believe, the rules are equal for all."

The Italian FA are ready to launch a probe into the current evidence being accepted at the court of Naples. It has been widely reported that they could decide on revocation based on calls that involve Inter and referee designators.

They are currently awaiting the transcription of the 100 or so calls that were accepted in Naples before launching their probe. That is expected to take place in June.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Facchetti's Notes Published,

Tronchetti Provera Attacks Moggi,

Moratti Could Be Called To Court As Witness

May 3, 2010

Extracts from late former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti's diary, now evidence at the ongoing Calicopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples, have been published.

During last week's trial, public prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano aquired material from Facchetti's son Gianfelice. He handed the court a diary which contains notes from the former Inter chief about the suspected activities of Luciano Moggi at the time when suspicions over Calciopoli broke out between 2004 and 2006.

And Il Mattino newspaper have published extracts of Facchetti's notes, in which he alleges that those controlling Calcio were Milan and Juventus.

"Inter must and should begin a series of action to empower the credibility of this club in relation to Milan and Juventus - always more powerful and aggressive and who condition Italian football in a determined fashion," reads one of the notes published by Il Mattino.

"Inter must be the leading club in a system not based on arrogance or power, but on corporatism with an added understanding to follow common objectives, using political ways to condition football differently to how it is now."

Capuano and Narducci are likely to use the evidence in court when the hearing resumes on May 11. It was due to take place tomorrow, but was put back because of a national lawyers' strike across Italy this week.

When the court case resumes, Judge Teresa Casoria is likely to appoint Roberto Porto as the man to transcribe a small chunk of the 171,000 wiretaps presented by Moggi's lawyers, according to Tuttosport.

In addition, the judge is keen to establish whether it was Paolo Bergamo or Facchetti who mentioned Pierluigi Collina's name in one particular call dated November 28, 2004.

Porto is likely to spend around a month trancribing 150 calls accepted by the court as evidence.

Roberto Mancini and Carlo Ancelotti are also likely to be present at next week's hearing. Both will be questioned and asked for an opinion on Moggi's dealings.

Newcastle Jets midfielder Fabio Vignaroli is also expected to be present. He will give evidence on the May 2005 fixture between Parma and Lecce, which, according to the prosecution, was made to end in a draw by referee De Santis in order to favour Fiorentina.

From May 11 onwards defence witnesses are likely to be called in. Inter president Massimo Moratti may be summoned to court by Moggi's lawyers, who are keen to speak to him about the new calls involving Inter.

Meanwhile, Inter board member and Pirelli CEO Marco Tronchetti Provera has slammed Moggi and his lawyers in relation to claims that the club's 2006 Scudetto could be revoked once the FIGC begins its probe into all the evidence emerging from the Naples trial.

"In all sports when the first team is disqualified, the second one wins and so on. But football has more of a media-driven impact and people want to break the rules. We have to accept everything, but this is wrong," Provera told La Stampa.

"Facchetti's calls? I think that there were sentences passed on this... in 2006 Moratti had already said that there was nothing in this.

"People are trying to build something from nothing by revisiting Calciopoli. They are trying to manipulate the truth. It's scandalous."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
4 messaggi

any more news about Moggi's lifetime ban?? Can he not appeal it?! Is Juve at least going to try to do something about it? I still can't get over how ridiculous this all is.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Moggi Challenges Lifetime Ban Proposals,

FIGC Expected To Discuss Ban Decision On Wednesday

May 4, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has challenged the FIGC (Italian FA) proposals to ban him from the game indefinitely.

Last week news broke of a meeting held by the FIGC's court of justice in relation to proposals regarding a possible lifetime ban for Moggi. The opinion of the court opened up a legal can of worms for the FIGC as there was confusion between old and new laws as to who would decide whether he be banned.

The question is still up in the air, and the FIGC's federal counsel are expected to meet president Giancarlo Abete on Wednesday to clarify the situation and make a decision regarding Moggi, as well as the two other figures involved, Antonio Giraudo and Innocenzo Mazzini.

And Moggi has been quick to defend himself from the ban proposals.

"They are scared that I will go back to Juventus. I have not received anything [in relation to the ban] and I am waiting," he told television programme 'Il Punto di Luciano Moggi' on Gold TV.

"Let them do it, then I want to see who puts their signature on it because they will pay the consequences."

Because of a change in law in 2007, the courts can now decide whether Moggi is banned. Before the change, the law at the time stated that the ban, following the orginal sentencing in 2006, was only a proposition that would be decided by the head of the FIGC.

However, since the change, the ban decision was no longer a propostion that was down to the head of the FIGC, but rather an automatic option that could be handed to Moggi by the courts of sports justice, without needing the authority of the head of the FIGC.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

New Call Between Facchetti & Bergamo Emerges,

Moggi Insists Referees Never Had Swiss SIM Cards

May 5, 2010

New calls involving former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti and referee designator Paolo Bergamo have emerged ahead of next week's Calciopoli hearing at the Tribunal of Naples.

Mediaset talk show 'Matrix' revealed the content of the call, which was handed over to them by former Juventus director Luciano Moggi and his legal consultant Nicola Penta.

The call, published by Tuttosport, involves Facchetti and Bergamo discussing the referee for the Cagliari-Inter Coppa Italia semi-final of 2005, a day before the game. The call is dated May 11, 2005.

Facchetti: Look, I saw the score that we have had with Bertini. Four wins, four draws and four defeats.

Bergamo: Damn, ok, lets do five, four, four. But wins.

Facchetti: But tell him that its important tomorrow. He has had 12 games, all four, four, four.

Bergamo: He will move one, the one that starts with V. I still have to speak with him, but he is intelligent, and he knows how things should go. Better late than never. Listen Giacinto, we consider Sunday's game to be a tranquil one. And we will put a debutant ref in the grid. Is that ok for you?

Facchetti: Yes ok, if you want to. It's ok...

Bergamo: I wanted to tell, please don't ever think about a lack of attention from my part.

Facchetti: On Sunday a debutant ref is fine for me.

Bergamo: A debutant, there is Mazzoleni.

Facchetti: Mazzoleni is from Bergamo... there is also his brother.

Bergamo: Yes, he is good and young. He has good numbers and has good promise.

Facchetti: No problem.

Bergamo: Listen, can you get me some tickets for Sunday for a client.

Facchetti: No problem, call me Friday or Saturday. Call me and...

Bergamo: Good luck.

Facchetti: Please... tell him.

Bergamo: Consider it done.

Moggi wasted no time in reacting to the call, which is not part of the 74 that have been aquired by Judge Teresa Casoria and used as evidence by Moggi's defence team in the trial of Naples.

"I think the presumption of innocence on me was obscured, despite it being a pivot of our constitution," Moggi told the 'Matrix' show.

"The new calls? I don't want to prove anything in particular, even because I never said the phrase 'all guilty or all innocent'. They made me say this. Simply they tried to say that nobody called, instead everyone used to do it. But only myself, Juventus and [Antonio] Giraudo were hit."

Moggi, who is being accused of association to defraud and sporting disloyalty at the trial, took a swipe at Inter.

"Inter never used to win because they used to get their transfers wrong, not because of me. They then started winning when they signed good players. That is the only secret," he added.

Moggi was then quizzed over the Swiss SIM card scandal, in which he was accused of allegedly keeping a network of communication with referees.

"I have never given any Swiss SIM cards to any referee," he added.

"I gave two SIM cards to the designators Bergamo and Pairetto. They had asked me for them. I bought the SIM cards to protect me from people trying to spy on me in relation to the transfer market. And, in the same shop where I bought mine, it emerged that [inter director] Marco Branca was also served there."

"The referees never had them. If people thought they did, why wasn't Coverciano raided? They didn't because they knew they would not find them."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi's Court Evidence Goes Missing

May 6, 2010

Evidence from the Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples has gone missing as CDs and DVDs containing 171,000 phone calls have mysteriously disappeared, according to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

The missing evidence in questions was used at the current trial in which Luciano Moggi's lawyers have shown that a number of clubs spoke to referees.

Nicola Penta, Moggi's legal advisor and the man who has been uncovering the calls said: "no one asked for them over the last two years."

And now confusion has rained down on the investigation as no one knows where the CDs are. It's standard practice for the prosecution to ask lawyers if they want the evidence back once a hearing has ended, but in this case, Moggi's lawyers did not want it.

However, in the last hearing, one of Moggi's lawyers asked the court if he could involve a primiary source of the investigation, a company known as TRS who have supplied the software that has been used to untangle all the calls. But the prosecution's Giuseppe Narducci said there was no need because the court had already acquired all the material, but the CDs and DVDs are still missing.

The court has already accepted 74 calls presented by Moggi's lawyers over the last month, but there were still 22 new calls that needed to be transcribed by a man appointed by the court to carry out the task. But with the CDs and DVDs missing, it's unknown as to whether these 22 calls are part of the evidence, that for an unknown reason, is no longer available.

This latest development is likely to raise new questions when the court resumes next Tuesday as both Moggi's lawyers and judge Teresa Casoria will want to know where the CDs have ended up, given that Narducci had said the material was deposited with the court a fortnight ago.

Meanwhile, investigative journalist Oliviero Beha, who has been investigating the Calciopoli scandal and has 30 years experience in football writing, has given his views.

He told Tuttosport: "It's clear that no one cares about sports loyalty anymore. The word loyalty is anachronistic in football. And it's a type of ethic that involved a number of protagonists.

"Let's say that Moggi moved 'better' than the rest and he had developed a better organised system that was efficient. But this doesn't mean that others had their hands in their pockets.

"Everyone wanted to be like Moggi, with the same power and organisation. The new evidence that was ignored in 2006 is showing this."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Has Application

To Join Journalist Association Rejected

May 7, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has had an application to join the association of journalists in Piedmont rejected after supplying false information, reports Blitzquotidiano.it.

Moggi, who writes an editorial for the daily 'Libero', applied to join the association, but was turned down after a number of discrepancies that would have violated the code of regulations were found in his application form.

The association denied his request, dated December 18, 2008, because he had stated that he had "no knowlege of being under a criminal investigation".

That reason was incorrect because the ongoing Calciopoli trial in the tribunal of Naples, in which Moggi is accused of association to defraud, was launched on April 13, 2007 when magistrates from Naples uncovered a network of phone calls involving Moggi and referee designators. Thus Moggi was aware he was implicated in the legal proceedings, but it was something he never stated in his application.

The association also questioned Moggi's professional and ethical code of conduct following his five-year ban from Calcio after the original Calciopoli sports trial in 2006. Moggi was then banned for a further year following the GEA trial in which he was convicted of violence and intimidation of players who had signed up to the agency.

President of the regional council of Piedmont journalists, Sergio Miravalle, said: "It must be noted that the associations of Lazio and Lombardy decided on disciplinary action against journalists that were tempted or induced by Moggi's behaviour.

The association's counsel called Moggi in for a meeting to explain their decision and to hear a statement by him in which he said: "I have good relationships in the world of journalism and a good view of it."

The association reached a majority verdict and denied him the application.

Meanwhile, Stefano Argilli, the man who exposed the goings-on of Moggi's, now defunct, GEA world agency, has explained why he spoke out.

Four years ago, Argilli told Avvenire: "Moggi does Siena's transfer market, but not all. Everyone knows his GEA agency has their hands in every plate. As for the rest, Italian football is comfortable with someone who refuses to delegate."

And today he says he has no regrets over his actions which led to the GEA scandal.

"Some fans called me a traitor, but in the end they appreciated my words because I had contributed to uncovering a boiling pot that had been causing problems for some time," he is quoted as saying on Goal.com Italia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus Officially Ask For Revocation Of 2006 Scudetto

May 10, 2010

Juventus are asking for the revocation of the 2006 Scudetto after sending requests to the Coni, the FIGC and the federal court, the club said in a statement on Monday.

Board members at a meeting in Turin have ratified the mandate and it will be sent to all the relevant Italian football authorities.

The move comes after the Calciopoli trial in Naples saw the emergence of calls involving Inter and referee designators between 2004 and 2006.

Many will remember that the sports trial into Calciopoli four years ago saw Juventus stripped of two Scudetti, one of which was handed to Inter - the 2005-06 title.

And now Juventus are asking for that decision to be revoked based on all the new developments from the Tribunal of Naples. It means Inter could be stripped of their title if the Turin outfit get their way.

An extract from the club's official statement underlining their intention to move for the revocation of the Scudetto reads:

"The sports movement is based on foundations of loyalty between the affiliates, as well as equality and parity in terms of treatment.

"The existence of a network of contacts between people from the club that benefitted from having been assigned the 2006 Scudetto [inter] and those from the refereeing sector represents a violation of the principles of loyalty and correctness in terms of article 1 of the sports code of justice."

Inter were handed the title in question following the original sports trial in 2006. Juventus were also sent to Serie B.

Inter received the title by default after the sporting trial. The then FIGC comissioner Guido Rossi handed the Nerazzurri the Scudetto, but reports suggest that decision could be overturned, meaning Inter would lose that title from their trophy cabinet.

Rossi has now said that the federal organisations such as the FIGC were not obliged to hand Inter any title.

"The federal organisms can intervene with non-assignment when there are certain reasons in relation to sporting ethics," Rossi told Tuttosport.

"For example, when other teams have been found not to have behaved correctly."

Meanwhile, the trial in Naples is set to resume on Tuesday morning - the day Italy coach Marcello Lippi announces his official provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup.

Chelsea coach Carlo Ancelotti is expected to give evidence at the trial in relation to his time at Milan, who received a points penalty following the 2006 investigation.

Luciano Moggi is also expected to turn out alongside his legal team. And, once again, the former Juventus man is arguing against the lifetime ban proposals to be enforced upon him.

"I always said that I was never banned for life. Whoever signs the document, if they sign it, will assume all responsibility," he told Gold Sport.

The FIGC have confirmed the federal court will gather for a meeting on May 14, but it is unknown as to whether they will review the request for Moggi to be handed a lifetime ban from Calcio.

At the court hearing in Naples tomorrow, the prosecution are expected to investigate new evidence which they obtained from Gianfelice Facchetti, the son of late Inter president Giacinto.

Public prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano have been handed a diary in which the former chief kept notes relating to Moggi's alleged relationship with referees and designators.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti