Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
gsol

Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English

130807 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Italian FA & Players Association Send Mixed

Messages Over New Calciopoli

The head of the Italian FA says they will look into new revelations regarding Calciopoli, but others are not so sure...

Apr 8, 2010

The Italian football authorities are sending mixed messages out over a new Calciopoli investigation.

FIGC (Italian FA) president Giancarlo Abete has promised a review of the 2006 Calciopoli trial following new allegations in the current Calciopoli trial in Naples.

Reports suggest the 2006 trial which saw Juventus stripped of two Scudetti could be reopened. And Abete has confirmed that significant action could be taken.

"We will certainly speak about it, without a doubt, as it is part of my role as the president of the FIGC," Abete told the press as reported by Il Corriere Dello Sport.

The new revelations from Naples allege that Inter president Massimo Moratti had spoken to the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.

However, president of the AIC (Italian Footballers Association), Sergio Campana, feels a new investigation into Calciopoli will not take off.

"Nothing has been opened. A new Calciopoli? Please..." he told the press. .bah

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Inter's 2005-06 Scudetto Could Be Revoked

:shades:

The 2005-06 title could be revoked again, this time from Inter...

Apr 8, 2010

The 2005-06 Scudetto that was stripped from Juventus and handed over to Inter following Calciopoli could be revoked from the Nerazzurri, according to Tuttosport.

Inter received the title by default after the sporting trial into Calciopoli. The then FIGC comissioner Guido Rossi handed the Nerazzurri the Scudetto, but reports suggest that decision could be overturned, meaning Inter would lose that title from their trophy cabinet.

Rossi has now said that the federal organisations such as the FIGC were not obliged to hand Inter any title.

"The federal organisms can intervene with non-assignment when there are certain reasons in relation to sporting ethics," Rossi told Tuttosport.

"For example, when other teams have been found not to have behaved correctly."

As things stand, new evidence at the Calcipoli trial in Naples has led the Italian FA to have a rethink on whether to re-open the sporting Calciopoli trial of 2006 following allegations of phone calls involving Inter and the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
3785 messaggi

Inter's 2005-06 Scudetto Could Be Revoked

:shades:

The 2005-06 title could be revoked again, this time from Inter...

Apr 8, 2010

The 2005-06 Scudetto that was stripped from Juventus and handed over to Inter following Calciopoli could be revoked from the Nerazzurri, according to Tuttosport.

Inter received the title by default after the sporting trial into Calciopoli. The then FIGC comissioner Guido Rossi handed the Nerazzurri the Scudetto, but reports suggest that decision could be overturned, meaning Inter would lose that title from their trophy cabinet.

Rossi has now said that the federal organisations such as the FIGC were not obliged to hand Inter any title.

"The federal organisms can intervene with non-assignment when there are certain reasons in relation to sporting ethics," Rossi told Tuttosport.

"For example, when other teams have been found not to have behaved correctly."

As things stand, new evidence at the Calcipoli trial in Naples has led the Italian FA to have a rethink on whether to re-open the sporting Calciopoli trial of 2006 following allegations of phone calls involving Inter and the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.

my dream @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

my dream @@

That's also the dream of all the Juve fans, I think.

But the most beautiful dream of mine is to see Inter playing in serie B! .dsa

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

I Did Have Dinner With Massimo Moratti - Paolo Bergamo

Bergamo admits he was in regular contact will all...

Apr 9, 2010

Former referee designator Paolo Bergamo has said meeting Serie A club presidents was a regular occurence as he clarifies his position in relation to the on-going Calciopoli trial in Naples.

New evidence at the court alleged Bergamo had been in regular contact with Inter president Massimo Moratti during the 2005/06 season. And, during their meetings and phone calls, they are alleged to have spoken about referee matters.

But, Bergamo suggests it was normal to speak with club chiefs over football-related issues.

He told Radio Radio: "Having contacts with clubs at the time was standard procedure.

"If someone went beyond normal talks then I cannot be responsible for this.

"I went to dinner with everyone, even with Moratti and the FIGC federation's phone number was available to all.

"The causes of Calciopoli clearly lie elsewhere."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
3785 messaggi

That's also the dream of all the Juve fans, I think.

But the most beautiful dream of mine is to see Inter playing in serie B! .dsa

It would be the right thing to do but...I think that it will remain a dream .uff

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

It would be the right thing to do but...I think that it will remain a dream .uff

Sometimes dreams become true .... @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
1953 messaggi

Sometimes dreams become true .... @@

Never stop dreaming! @@

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Never stop dreaming! @@

Ciao Mauro ... Nice firma! .dsa

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Ernesto Paolillo Blasts Calciopoli Talk

mh

The Nerazzurri chief has defended his club from Calciopoli allegations...

Apr 9, 2010

Inter chief executive Ernesto Paolillo has hit out at the Calciopoli allegations involving the club.

An ongoing trial in Naples has seen new evidence come to light in which Inter are accused of allegedly calling referees, and the then designator Paolo Bergamo.

The FIGC (Italian FA) confirmed they would be looking at the idea of re-opening the 2006 trial in which Juventus were stripped of two Scudetti, one of which was handed to Inter.

Reports have suggested the Nerazzurri could be stripped of the title depending on whether the 2006 trial is re-opened.

Paolillo has blasted all the talk, but was in no mood to bow to pressure and issue a greater response as the trial in Naples is still ongoing.

"There are too many people talking about Calciopoli," he told the press as reported by La Repubblica.

"Many things have no sense, and so I prefer to keep quiet about it."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Tronchetti Provera: There Is Nothing Illegal

In Wiretaps Regarding Calciopoli .penso

The Inter official says that the president and the club did not do anything to warrant an investigation...

Apr 9, 2010

Marco Tronchetti Provera, who sits on Inter's board of directors, has shrugged off suggestions that the club are guilty of any wrongdoing in the Calciopoli scandal in 2006.

A new trial is underway in Naples and wiretaps were presented that revealed Inter president Massimo Moratti speaking to a former refereeing coordinator. However, Tronchetti has claimed the wiretaps show no incriminating evidence against Inter.

"This is a manipulation out of nothing and is extremely serious," he was quoted as saying by Rai Sport.

"In these days nothing has been revealed, because Moratti has clearly stated what happened in 2006. They are trying to look back today as if there was something illegal, but there is nothing illegal."

Moratti himself recently branded the attempts to bring Inter into the Calciopoli scandal as "shameful". sefz

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Phone Calls Between Referees,

Inter, Milan & Others Published

Phone calls involving the Milan giants and referee designators dating back to 2005

have been published by the Italian press for the first time...

Apr 10, 2010

Transcripts of phone calls involving Inter, Milan and a number of other clubs in relation to the 2006 Calciopoli trial have been published by Italian media after new evidence came to light at the current trial in Naples.

At the trial, former Juventus director Luciano Moggi is trying to defend his position by claiming that he was not the only one to call referee designators, and accused both Inter and Milan of doing the same.

His legal team have been sifting through the evidence and found thousands of transcripts from calls.

Some of these have now been published across the Italian media, and they show Inter president Massimo Moratti, the late Giachinto Facchetti, Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani, and the then Udinese coach Luciano Spalletti all having conversations with Paolo Bergamo who at the time was referee designator. There are also calls involving Pierluigi Pairetto, a former referee and designator.

In one call dated February 11 2005, Pairetto spoke with Facchetti, the then Inter president regarding referees for Coppa Italia matches.

According to Sportmediaset.it, here is an extract from that call.

Pairetto: Speak to you soon, and remember yeah, you know these things are private yeah, no-one knows about these things...

Fachetti: Yes, Yes, I agree.

Pairetto: It's something between us.

In another call dated January 10th 2005, Bergamo is speaking to Moratti, telling him he has sent a good team of officials for the game between Inter and Bologna in the Coppa Italia. Inter went on to win it 3-1. The call was published by Il Secolo XIX.

Bergamo, speaking to Moratti: "Seeing that there is no draw (for referees), but they will be designated, I have sent you Gabriele. And he will be with his two assistants who are very good..."

The conversation continues, and Bergamo explains the decision to send Gabriele.

Bergamo: I spoke to Facchetti, president, to confirm this climate of cordiality that is, naturally, something that only you and I know. The group appreciated the work in terms of Gabriele and Palanca (referees) and so I have decided to get them back for the Coppa Italia. One of them will ref Inter and one Milan.

Moratti: Ok...

Bergamo: We wanted to send out a good picture...

Moratti: Yes, Yes...

Bergamo: Facchetti said 'yes, yes we agree'...

Moratti: Ok, on Wednesday I will go and see him before the game.

Bergamo: He will be happy with this.

Moratti: I will go to say hello.

Bergamo: He will be happy if you say hello.

Moratti: Thanks. I will be there on Wednesday, and if need be I will go to see him before the game.

In another call published by Il Corriere dello Sport Bergamo discusses Inter's 1-1 draw with Chievo Verona with Facchetti and Christian Vieri's disallowed goal that was chalked off by linesman Ricci. The designator then promises things will be different at the next game when he sends a different referee.

Bergamo: Hi Giancinto (Facchetti).

Facchetti: Hi Paolo I wanted to say hi, and then seeing what happened on Sunday, I didn't know Moratti had come out with this ref story.

Bergamo: No, but don't worry, the president just wanted to speak, and does when he feels neccessary.

Facchetti: Yes, but it was Ricci who made the mistake. And Paparesta (the ref) made a decision on this.

Bergamo: But, when the president moans he is right, but just don't give the players an alibi.

Facchetti: Yes, right, in fact.

Bergamo: Understand? What could Paparesta do? Ricci made the mistake... in fact Paparesta had a good game. He had prepared the game really well, but unfortunately.

Facchetti: Nothing, we have Palanca tonight.

Bergamo: You'll see he will have a good game, wait and see, it will be a good one.

Milan president Adriano Galliani was also in contact with Bergamo. In one call they are speaking about the 1-0 defeat to Juventus on May 8th. The game was a Scudetto decider and Juventus went on to win the title that season.

Galliani was annoyed that the game didn't go to plan.

The call is dated May 17th 2005, and was published by Calciomercato.com.

Bergamo: Hello?

Galliani: It's Galliani, hello.

Bergamo: Hello, how are you?

Galliani: I was looking for you last night, but you were busy.

Bergamo: I still haven't recovered from the Milan-Juventus match. This caused a trauma in the family and it left a sign. We thought everything but...

Galliani: Us too, us too.

Bergamo: We thought everything apart from that, if it went bad, bad, bad, the game could have been a draw... anyway.

Galliani: Had we drawn we would have gone on to win at Lecce (the game ended 2-2) because we wouldn't have given up. Had we drawn with Juve we would have been top of the league and we would have certainly beat Lecce because it was an easy game.

Further evidence emerging at the trial of Naples sees the then Udinese coach Luciano Spalletti speaking with Bergamo before the 1-1 draw with Sampdoria on May 12th 2005.

Bergamo: It's important that you are fully charged up.

Spalletti: No, I am not fully motivated, naturally like you said with the, lets say, supervision of transparency, try to send us... like you know, like you have always done.

Bergamo: Look, I can tell you that after a last minute thought, I have already decided the assistants. Therefore you will get Pisacreta who is one of the best and Griselli from Livorno who has been number one. Therefore you are well protected, and as for the draw, we will see who you will get from the internationals (referees) that we have already put in."

Spalletti: Good.

Bergamo: I wish you good luck. We will do it. Good luck.

Adriano Galliani denied to comment on Friday when asked what he made of the new evidence.

But, on Saturday, Il Corriere Dello Sport reports Moratti will take action and defend himself from the new allegations in Naples when the court regathers for another hearing on April 13th.

The report claims Moratti will try to explain the calls. The FIGC (Italian FA) also confirmed they would be looking at the new evidence to decide whether or not to re-open the 2006 sporting trial.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Condemns John Elkann

For Not Defending The Club During Calciopoli

Moggi has sent a letter to current Juventus patron John Elkann, accusing him of failing

to defend the club from the Calciopoli allegations of the last four years...

Apr 10, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has accused current patron John Elkann of dragging his feet during the Calciopoli trials and failing to defend the club from accusations of cheating.

Moggi has questioned Elkann's statement that was published on Juve's website earlier this week where he asked for fair justice in the Calciopoli trial in Naples, four years after the sporting trial in 2006 sent Juve to Serie B and stripped them of two titles.

Juventus fans have always been upset with the way the club never stood up to allegations, and have wondered why they accepted sentences loosely without fighting in 2006.

Moggi has blasted Elkann for not standing up when needed after new evidence at the current Calciopoli trial saw tables turn with the evidence of Inter, Milan and others speaking with the then referee designator Paolo Bergamo.

In his letter to Elkann, Moggi is clearly fuming with the way the club have been handling their position in relation to all the legal processes that have taken place over the past four years.

The full letter, published by Libero.it reads:

"Dear Elkann

I find it surprising to read the columns of the Corriere della Sera regarding your resentment against those who have accused Juventus during Calciopoli when it was you who accepted the sentence.

See Elkann, when you're on the side of truth and when you have the responsibility of an honest centennial history and dignity of fifteen million fans that Juventus are proud of the victories that they enjoyed with their families, then we have the 'moral obligation to address the injustices and lies with courage and sacrifice, aswell as the history and professional staff who writes this letter.

Remember that even before the sporting trial, you probably were not too surprised by what was happening and turned towards the glorious future, considering the recent international success that the new management has succeeded to collect, you had already decided to abandon me and Giraudo to our fate, refusing to defend and indeed, even worse, instructing your lawyer to accept passively any decision.

However, your suicidal feelings were not yet appeased true, how true that after the presentation of the appeal to the TAR in September 2006 for the annulment of judgements and suspension of the beginning of league pending a more just and equitable process, you decided that this action went withdrawn and that the decisions of the Federation were accepted rather than contested and then with public thanks from Blatter to Montezemolo!

During the second line of investigation, namely the alleged foreign Sim called Calciopoli 2, Juventus, on this occasion assisted by Franzo Grande Stevens, rather than defend themselves effectively as I did, preferred to negotiate and pay 300 thousand Euros!

Not even a fervid and unpredictable mind as that of Alfred Hitchcock would have imagined that the victim of a mechanism could become a hit with theatre that was itself guilty ... But you managed it with success in the trial of Turin.

In the comic (if not so tragic ...) scenario, Juventus managed by you, was not only limited not to defend itself and its leaders who have truly served for 13 years of success and victory "at no cost "- as your marketing experts would say during the launch of a new car - but even accused me, Giraudo and Bettega (why not?) of misconduct in terms of economic-management, but then it was promptly refuted by a careful examination by the court.

Remember that the absolution should apply to you as a conviction. I read in a statement from Juventus that the club 'hopes the institutions and organs of justice will ensure equal treatment for all, as indeed the company and its lawyers demanded in the course of 2006 Sports (!!!) .

You Elkann, with your unexpected and tardy repentance, remind me of the Unnamed Betrothed, who after a night of moral and existential anguish decides to repent and make a positive change to his life.

Sure one asks where it was and what you did and read over these four years, only to realize now that Juventus, the healthy and successful of the triade, has been unfairly vilified and humiliated, as well as accused by partial and contradictory evidence.

I also ask what you mean when you speak of "equal treatment that the defence had asked the Company during the sport trial." Certainly not to have successfully proposed the demotion, and revocation of two league titles won honestly on the pitch, the sell-off of a list of players worldwide and to the strengthening of Inter at promotional costs!

To think evil is a sin, but often one finds the truth behind this and who knows if your repentance is an attempt to divert attention from the disasters that your enlightened management has been able to give the fans. Want to see that the devil Moggi is returning again and will be useful to you and Juve after years of court battles and lonely suffering?"

Moggi's comments are likely to add to the pressure being piled on Elkann. The former chief has always said he wants to return to Juventus, but only if power is handed down to Andrea Agnelli, nephew of the late Gianni Agnelli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Top Club President Sent Presents To Referee Designator

The chief of a major club allegedly gave gifts to head of referees..

Apr 12, 2010

A Serie A club president has been accused of allegedly handing out presents to referee designators prior to the Calciopoli scandal of 2006, report La Stampa and Calciomercato.com.

On Tuesday the tribunal of Naples will regather to assess more evidence which has recently been put forward by Luciano Moggi's legal team. So far, evidence of phone calls between Inter, Milan and referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto has been discovered and some of those published by Italian media.

And when the hearing takes place tomorrow, the court will hear that one club president invited the designator home and gave him presents.

Moggi's defence team reportedly have evidence of a telephone call in which the president, who remains unknown, allegedly invited Bergamo to the home of the club's majority shareholder at the time to give him gifts.

Other phone calls are set to be examined to establish who called who and for what reasons.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Moggi: We Will Prove That Calciopoli Never Existed

Luciano Moggi insists there was never any fixing...

Apr 12, 2010

Luciano Moggi insists there was never any plot to cheat during Calciopoli and claims it was the referee designators who encouraged club chiefs to call them.

The former Juventus transfer director will be in court on Tuesday for the latest hearing in the Calciopoli trial in Naples. Further evidence has come to light in which a top club president allegedly sent gifts to referee designators.

And Moggi is out to prove that neither he nor other clubs ever committed any transgression in relation to fair play on and off the pitch.

"At the trial in Naples we are showing that there was never any plot and the teams always won for the values they showed on the pitch, and that referees are humans and make mistakes," he told Gold Sport.

"I say that everyone is innocent because that [calling referees] was a common thing. And it was the same designators who asked us to call them.

"Everyone called everyone."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Calciopoli Damaged Italy's UEFA Ranking - Galliani

Adriano Galliani claims Calciopoli had consequences beyond Italian shores...

Apr 12, 2010

Milan chief executive officer Adriano Galliani has blamed Calciopoli for Italy's struggle in the UEFA co-efficient ranking.

Italy could lose a European place to Germany by 2012 based on their position in the rankings, and Galliani has been quick to point his finger.

"One of the effects of Calciopoli is that it has played a role in Italy's UEFA ranking," he told the press.

"It's almost certain that Germany will get past us. We have less than 0.5 points advantage over Germany and it's certain that from 2012 we will lose a Champions League team. Maybe even from 2011.

"Calciopoli ensured the strongest teams were ousted from Europe and the lesser teams went in."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Giving Inter 2006 Scudetto Was A Mistake - Franco Carraro

Goal.com rounds up the main Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 12, 2010

Former FIGC president Franco Carraro has said Inter should never have been awarded the 2005/06 title that was stripped from Juventus during the 2006 sporting Calciopoli trial.

As things stand, the criminal Calciopoli trial in Naples will regather to hear more evidence on Tuesday April 13. Luciano Moggi's defence team will present new findings on recordings that involved other club presidents including Inter's Massimo Moratti with referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto.

There is also evidence of a phone call in which an unknown Serie A club president sent gifts to referee designators, the name is expected to be revealed tomorrow when the court hearing resumes.

Carraro who was involved in the sporting trial of 2006 but later acquitted believes Inter should not have been awarded the title.

"With regards to the Scudetto that was given to Inter on the table, I said it in times when there was no suspicions, it was a grave political sports error by Guido Rossi," Carraro told Gr Parlamento.

It's a stance which has been backed by former Juventus president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli. He feels that Scudetto should be handed back to the Old Lady in light of all the new revelations that have been thrown up by the Naples trial.

"I have read and heard the audio [of the new evidence in Naples]. I am sure that if the judges in 2006 had this evidence then their decisions would have been different," Gigli told Il Mattino.

"I am awaiting the decisions from the FIGC with curiosity. I would have thought twice about giving the title to Inter as those Scudetti were won on the pitch. Even [Fabio] Capello doesn't lose the chance to remind everyone of this. Giving them back to their original owners would be an act of duty towards Juventus fans."

And, the FIGC's president Giancarlo Abete has promised the FA will look into the new evidence and decide on an appropiate course of action in agreement with the federal prosecutor Stefano Palazzi. But, he was not keen on saying if the new evidence will give cause to revoke the Scudetto that was handed to Inter.

"In his own complete autonomy Palazzi will evaluate the results from the hearing in Naples with his office," Abete told Radio Anch'io Lo Sport.

"There is an open file that contains documents that have come out until now and they will be made official during the hearing. After, Palazzi will decide whether to open an investigation.

"The FIGC can intervene in two ways. One will be for the attorney to certify the situation, and two will be from the federation on whether to examine the new wiretaps.

"Scudetto revoked? We are only at the beginning and we don't know if the attorney will evaluate the wiretaps to warrant an investigation. In any case the FIGC will safeguard transparency."

Luciano Moggi argues that Calciopoli never existed, and he is out to prove that club chiefs did nothing wrong in calling referees. In fact he claims it was the referee chiefs that encouraged dialogue.

Meanwhile, Adriano Galliani has blasted the scandal for having a detrimental effect on Italy's chances of losing a Champions League place to German football. Juventus' relegation to Serie B meant they stayed two seasons away from Europe because of Calciopoli.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Luciano Moggi's Defence Present

New Evidence To The Court

The latest hearing into the 'Offside Investigation' is underway...

Apr 13, 2010

The fifth hearing of the Calciopoli trial has begun at the Tribunal of Naples and former Juventus director Luciano Moggi and his legal team of Paolo Trofino, Maurilio Prioreschi and Paolo Rodella will present new evidence to show that it wasn't just Moggi who spoke with referee designators and there was no plot by Moggi or Juventus.

Judge Teresa Casoria will listen to Moggi's legal team, who are expected to present more than 100 phonecall recordings that involve other clubs including Inter, Cagliari, Reggina, Milan and Udinese in which a number directors have been accused of speaking with referee designators.

Therefore the court will hear how it wasn't just Moggi who spoke with Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto. Trofino will also examine Colonello Auricchio, who was responsible for carrying out the original Calciopoli investigation. He will be asked why the phone calls involving Inter and others did not come to light at the original sporting Calciopoli trial in 2006 which saw Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Fiorentina, Reggina and Arezzo punished.

Auricchio will also be cross-examined by the attorneys Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano, who have asked to see the new evidence.

At the current trial Moggi has been accused of association to defraud sports justice, but he will argue his innocence by claiming he was not the only one to call designators.

Bergamo has already said more than once that everyone used to call him regularly.

"I am satisfied that things I have always said are coming to light. Four years ago I said that I used to speak with everyone and so I am satisfied that what I had said is coming out," he told Sky Sport Italia as he made his way into court.

"I had rapports with clubs and with referees, and they were always correct."

Judge Casoria will then decide whether the evidence presented by Moggi is enough to warrant a new investigation in relation to the 2006 sporting trial in which Juventus were stripped of two Scudetti.

The trial continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Man Who Handed Inter Juventus' Revoked

Scudetto Receives Death Threats

Guido Rossi has received a number of threats...

Apr 13, 2010

Guido Rossi, the former FIGC commissioner who handed Inter the Scudetto that was revoked from Juventus during the 2006 Calciopoli trial, has received death threats, reports Il Corriere dello Sport.

Messages of violence, intimidation and threats to himself and his family were hurled at Rossi as he returned home by an unknown man.

The man allegedly asked one of the porters at Rossi's home when he would be back and waited until he returned before threatening him. He then fled the scene.

The attack on Rossi came just days before the Calciopoli trial in Naples resumed.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

A New Calciopoli Could Force Massimo Moratti To Sell Club

.dsa

Speculative and sensationalist reports in Italy suggest Inter President Moratti has had enough...

Apr 13, 2010

Inter president Massimo Moratti could turn his back on the club and sell up following the latest revelations at the court of Naples in relation to Calciopoli.

On Monday Moratti explained reasons behind his father Angelo's decision to sell up 'La Grande Inter' in the 1960s. He said pressure from the press forced the club to change ownership.

And he could bow to more pressure as things heat up in Naples.

"We had reached a point where we were intoxicated from the criticisms, from the press. Of course now it's a million times more," he said, as reported by Tuttosport.

And now the Turin daily claims that should a new Calciopoli explode based on evidence from the court of Naples in which Inter have been accused of calling referee designators, Moratti will consider his future at the club, and could be forced to step down from his presidency and sell the club.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Court Accepts Luciano Moggi's Defence

Evidence Regarding Inter's Involvement

In Explosive Day Of Calciopoli Hearings

Goal.com rounds up the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 13, 2010

The fifth hearing of the Calciopoli trial in Naples has concluded and adjourned until Tuesday April 20, but today's court session threw up some major developments. The biggest being Judge Teresa Casoria's decision to accept the new evidence presented by Luciano Moggi's defence team.

At the start of the hearing this morning, the court was presented with the transription of 75 phone calls. The calls were about conversations involving former designators Paolo Bergamo, Pierluigi Pairetto and a number of different club directors. Moggi's defence also asked the court to present a further 3,000 telephone contacts (statements showing phone calls between a number of directors and the designators).

Judge Casoria allowed the court to listen to a number of phone calls in which the then Inter president Giacinto Facchetti spoke to referee designators.

Moggi's defence team reminded the court that he was ousted from football by the 2006 trial for doing what Facchetti did: i.e speak to designators.

Shortly after, Colonello Attilio Auricchio was cross-examined by Moggi's legal team and questioned as to why the Inter evidence was not part of the original trial in 2006.

Auricchio could not find an answer.

Asked by Moggi's Lawyer Trofino, Colonello Auricchio said he knew the then president of Inter Giacinto Facchetti had gone to referee designator Bergamo's house on a number of occasions.

"If you ask me about Facchetti then I am aware of this, but I am not aware of [Massimo] Moratti [going to Bergamo's House]," Auricchio said.

"The phone call where Facchetti asks Collina about the referee grid with Bergamo was transcripted, but we thought it was not important."

Trofino (Moggi's lawyer) responded: "Ahh, but instead you thought the phone calls to Bergamo's house in which the wives speak about the dinner menu were important." Some inside the court laughed and chuckled.

As the trial took place, Massimo Moratti the Inter president, who was not present, told reporters he had not been following developments.

"I have not had the time to follow it." he said with a solemn look on his face.

Auricchio's cross-examination continued. And, Moggi's lawyer Trofino described the accusation on his client of association to defraud as "Ramshackle."

"For Milan and Juventus the association to defraud was a ramshackle."

During the interrogation, Auricchio confirmed that ex-referees Collina, Paparesta and De Santis were not friends of Moggi's and had no exclusive relationship with Juventus.

Trofino: "Can you confirm that these referees were not friends of Moggi?"

Auricchio: "Of course Collina, but also Trefoloni and Paparesta... Even though Paparesta had called and went to Canossa to Moffi after the game in Reggio. But I cannot say he was a friend of Juve's. Trefoloni was like Bergamo's son, even though nothing came out on Juventus."

Trofino then hit out at the accusation of association to defraud.

"I think it's a ramshackle accusation because in the draw for referees, not one ref was a friend of Juventus."

Trofino then asked about the referee De Santis who was also considered part of an alleged plot.

Trofino: "That year De Santis buried Juventus in at least three games and you know this. How can you consider him an associate? Can you tell me which phone calls shows you that he was part of Moggi's system?"

Auricchio: "The games are two not three. As for the calls to De Santis...ehm..."

Trofino: "My cross examination can end here."

Shortly after, defence counsellor Nicola Penta confirmed Moggi was never the first to know which referees had been assigned. In fact, the court heard that Inter knew the referees for matches before anyone else on one occasion, up to two and three days before games.

Penta told the court: "Moggi was not the first to know the name of the assistant referees."

"In reality, we have documents and recordings which show that Moggi was third to know. There was once a time when the then Inter president (un-named) called the vice designator Mazzei on the Thursday at 17:50 and he obtained names that were only made public the next day. Then Meani was next to know after receiving two text messages on the Friday morning at 11:15. Moggi then received a penal charge because he received the names on the same Friday at 11:53."

Judge Casoria then closed the hearing and confirmed the evidence presented by Moggi's defence was admissible and key to the case. She adjourned the trial until April 20, the day Inter play Barcelona in the first-leg Champions League semi-final.

The court confirmed former Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti will be summoned to the next hearing to give evidence in relation to the new findings that were uncovered today.

As Moggi left the court he was treated to a round of applause by Juventus fans outside.

Moggi told Radio Radio after today's hearing: "I'm happy that there are people who still support me", in reference to the unwavering support of Juventus fans through the ups and downs.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Supported Inter,

False Evidence & Another Revoked Scudetto

Goal.com rounds up the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day so far...

Apr 14, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has sensationally claimed he supported Inter, but had a change of heart when Massimo Moratti came to power in 1995.

"As a child I used to support Inter, but since Moratti came in I support every team apart from Inter," he told TG2, as reported by ANSA press agency.

Moggi then spoke in relation to Tuesday's highly charged hearing at the Calcipoli trial in Naples, and insists his innocence.

"This is a process based on chit-chat and they obscured what they needed to. But, there was no system, it was merely a way to behave. The first to behave like this was the federation and lega. No-one was meant to call designators, but everyone did," he added.

"With Fachetti it was different. Not only did he speak with [Paolo] Bergamo (the former designator), but he asked him about the referee grid, and wanted Collina."

Moggi's claim has been vehemently denied by Gianfelice Facchetti, son of Giacinto, who was the then Inter president accused of asking for certain referees for a number of matches.

Here is an extract of another call published by Il Corriere dello Sport which sees Facchetti telling Bergamo that Moratti has a gift for him. Bergamo also suggests a way of improving their league position following a poor run.

Facchetti: If you call Moratti... I was there yesterday with him... we spoke.

Bergamo: I no longer have his number, if you give it to me... infact remember, we spoke about this.

Facchetti: Yes, because he wanted to, if you come down someday.

Bergamo: Where to? Forte? (a resort where Moratti is known to visit)

Facchetti: In the office, no no in Milan. If you come down he has a gift to give you.

Bergamo: I just wanted to meet you guys so we could reflect on certain things.

Facchetti: Yes, Ok.

Bergamo: It's a situation that I would like to help you with because the team doesn't deserve its position.

Facchetti: They have been 12 incredible draws.

However, Facchetti's family have been quick to issue a statement denying that certain calls involved the late former president. Their denial is in relation to a call in which Facchetti is alledged to have named a referee.

During Tuesday's trial the court heard an extract of this call which was presented by Moggi's defence team.

Facchetti: Send us Collina, send us Collina.

However, on a version published by Sky Sport Italia, Facchetti doesn't mention Collina's name.

Facchetti: Send us a some...

Bergamo: We'll send Collina.

It's this difference that has led to the Facchetti family to defend their father's position at the time, and they have accused Moggi's defence of falsifying evidence.

The Facchetti statement, published in La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport reads:

"A phone call between my father Giancinto and Bergamo was used and published in a subversive way.

"In one call my father is made out to be speaking about Collina, but in fact it was Bergamo who mentioned him.

"Thus a totally different interpretation of the original call has come out, used by Moggi in court with the compliance of certain organs of information.

"This falsification of facts is shameful and unacceptable."

But, the biggest bombshell was dropped by one of Moggi's lawyers Paco D'Onofrio who said Inter's Scudetto could be revoked in light of all the new evidence which has been thrown up in the court room.

"Within a month we will make a request to the FIGC to have Inter's Scudetto, the one handed to them by Guido Rossi [in 2006], revoked,"

"The evidence over the last few days will, in effect, become proof should the court grant authorisation.

"Those calls which involve Inter and Milan and the referee system show that the previous beliefs that came out during the sporting trial of 2006 were destitute and without foundation."

Teresa Casoria, the judge presiding over the Naples trial has accepted Moggi's evidence following Tuesday's hearing. The court will regather for the next session on April 20.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Roma & Palermo Also Called Designators,

Bergamo Adamant That Facchetti Demanded Collina Appointment

Goal.com rounds up all the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

Apr 14, 2010

Roma and Palermo among others are the latest clubs to have been involved in calling referee designators after more evidence from Tuesday's Calciopoli trial in Naples was published by the Italian media.

Of the 75 calls that Luciano Moggi's defence team presented to the court, a number included the newcomers, meaning that 11 of the 20 clubs who participated in the Serie A championship at the time were involved to some extent in calling the ex-designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto. Those 11 teams are Bologna, Cagliari, Fiorentina, Inter, Juventus, Lazio, Milan, Palermo, Reggina, Roma and Udinese.

Juve, Lazio, Milan, Fiorentina and Reggina were already punished during the 2006 sporting trial.

Tuttosport claims 43 phone calls of the 75 presented involved Inter, and some of those were played out at the hearing yesterday. Nine calls involved Milan, but the latest evidence involves Roma and Palermo to as well as Udinese, Cagliari and Bologna.

In one call dated April 14 2005, the then Rosanero director Rino Foschi speaks with former referee Massimo De Santis, one of the alleged plotters.

Foschi: Am I disturbing you?

De Santis: No, no, I have just finished training.

Foschi: The other day I spoke with V... It was a personal thing, but not one that I want alone, do you understand? When are we going to see each other?

De Santis: What, and you tell me now... you think.

Foschi: It's all easy for me... for me it's difficult, difficult.

De Santis: Look, we will organise something.

The other calls involve Cagliari, Bologna, Reggina and Roma. Reggina were already penalised by the 2006 sporting trial.

Roma's call involved Daniele Prade and Innocenzo Mazzini, the former FIGC vice president. Both Tuttosport and La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport claim the call was before the Lupi's trip to Atalanta in which Antonio Cassano scored the winner.

Prade tells Mazzini: "We are counting on you." a day before the game.

In relation to the phone calls involving Palermo, Maurizio Zamparini insists his club did nothing wrong in calling the ref chiefs and he was quick to defend his position.

"I don't have to calm anyone because I am not worried at all. I called three times to complain about referees, but it's one thing complaining, and another trying to gang up on others. The fans shouldn't worry," Zamparini is quoted as saying on Goal.com Italia.

Earlier, Moggi's legal team were accused of falsifying evidence in court by Gianfelice Facchetti, the late Giacinto Facchetti's son. He argued his father, who at the time was presdient of Inter did not ask for specific referees.

But, Bergamo who spoke to Facchetti at the time, offered a contrasting view. He maintains that Facchetti did in fact ask for Collina in one of the calls.

"It was Facchetti who nominated Collina, not me," Bergamo told Rai.

Tuesday's court session revealed a call in which Facchetti had invited Bergamo to go to Moratti's offices because there was a gift waiting for him.

"I cannot remember going to Inter's offices to pick up a present. But, at the time it was Christmas and we received presents from everyone. In looking at this there needs to be some good sense," he added.

"It was my last year as a designator and so I had dinner with old friends including Moggi and Giraudo.

"Moratti never came, but he did invite me to go to Forte dei Marmi."

The trial in Naples resumes next Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130807 messaggi

Inter Could Risk Relegation,

Juventus Could Claim Compensation Of

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti