Accedi per seguire   
gsol

Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English

130784 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Figc investigator's Calciopoli accusations against Inter

are unacceptable - Massimo Moratti .bah

The Inter president hits out at Figc's Stefano Palazzi following his claims

that the Giuseppe Meazza side committed 'sporting fraud' during Calciopoli.

Jul 5, 2011

Inter president Massimo Moratti has defended the Giuseppe Meazza club against accusations made by Italian football association (Figc) investigator Stefano Palazzi, and has made it clear that the claims are "absolutely unacceptable".

Palazzi claimed on Monday that Inter committed 'sporting fraud' during the 2005-06 season and played a significant role in the Calciopoli scandal in which Juventus had two Scudetto titles stricken from the record.

"I think this is a very serious attack, a heavy attack, on the club: it's unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable. And I will say this very clearly: Palazzi is wrong. He's totally wrong," Moratti said on the club's official website.

"This is an attack by the prosecutor and, ok, there's no trial so people can say what they want about this. [but] I categorically refuse to accept it and Inter do not accept it."

Moratti does not expect Palazzi's accusations to have any consequences on the outcome of Juventus' complaint against the award of the 2006 Serie A title to Inter following the Turin side's involvement in Calciopoli.

Juve's appeal to have their 2006 Scudetto restored was rejected by Figc last week, with the decision taken that they had no grounds for complaint.

The supremo added briefly: "No, that [Juventus' official complaint]'s over. But now the people at the federation will meet and they will decide what they want."

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Inter will almost certainly be stripped of 2006 Scudetto

Calciopoli is the talk of Italy today after yesterday's astonishing revelations from FIGC

chief investigator Stefano Palazzi. It is now inevitable Inter will lose their 2006 crown.

Jul 5, 2011

By Carlo Garganese

Inter will almost certainly see their 2006 Scudetto revoked when the FIGC convene for a final meeting into their findings from the revelations of the Calciopoli II trial in Naples, but the 2010 European champions will avoid any further sanctions due to the case being out of statute.

The Italian press exploded this morning following yesterday

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Giacinto Facchetti has nothing to do with Calciopoli - Gigi Riva

:|.bah

The former Italy international has defended the former president of the Giuseppe Meazza side

and is convinced he didn't play a role in the match-fixing scandal.

Jul 6, 2011

Italian legend Gigi Riva has defended former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti in the wake of the recent accusations that he had regular contact with former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pier Luigi Pairetto in an attempt to influence games.

Riva, who played alongside Facchetti in the national side from 1965 until 1974, doesn't have doubts that Facchetti spoke with referee designators, but finds it hard to believe that he made those calls with the goal of engineering the outcome of matches.

"I'm not saying he didn't make those phone calls, they are in the documents, but it just isn't possible that Giacinto made them to gain an advantage," Riva was quoted as saying by Ansa.

"I can imagine lots of others doing that, but not him, absolutely not. He dedicated his life to the sport and the national side, and anyone who ever met him knows who Giacinto was. A true man. Hearing certain things really gets my back up."

The former Cagliari star also questioned the need of the investigation into Calciopoli after the statute of limitations has passed.

"Maybe one day I'll be able to understand it but at the moment I find it impossible: what's the point in digging out a matter whose statute of limitations has passed and involving a person who is no longer alive, who can't have his own say?

"I just can't see him in the role of someone who talks to referees in order to influence them. All those people who are saying things about him now would do well to keep their mouths shut because Giacinto was a simple, honest man who deserves respect." .bah

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Attacks on Facchetti hurt more than possibility

of losing 2006 Scudetto - Massimo Moratti .bah

Inter president has made it clear that the accusations against his predecessor

trouble him more than than potentially being stripped of the 2006 league title.

Jul 7, 2011

Inter president Massimo Moratti has stated that the attacks against former club president Giacinto Facchetti are more damaging to him than the possibility of the club losing their 2006 Scudetto.

The Italian football association's (FIGC) leading investigator, Stefano Palazzi, revealed last week that Inter have committed sporting fraud during Calciopoli, and then-president Facchetti allegedly had regular contact with former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pier Luigi Pairetto in an attempt to influence games.

"The Scudetto has become a secondary matter if you like. Still important, but secondary. What was totally unexpected, serious and perhaps even irregular, was this attack on a person who is no longer here, who can't defend himself," Moratti said on the Inter website.

"Not in the ordinary sense but juridically; he doesn't have the opportunity to defend himself from the accusations of a public prosecutor. That's why I find it all so tasteless, regardless of the fact that none of the accusations against Facchetti could be followed up."

Moratti then went on to speak of his admiration of former Italy international Gigi Riva, who moved to defend Facchetti earlier this week.

"I've seen that others who knew Facchetti have also had their say. Gigi Riva is a wonderful person, besides being a member of the FIGC. He has always been like that: determined, sure, calm, reserved, not one for too many words.

"His were lovely, instinctive, strong words

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

The 2006 Scudetto is mine and Juventus

will remember it as theirs - Fabio Cannavaro

The former Italy international has spoken about the Calciopoli scandal

and he still considers the revoked Serie A title from 2006 as a victory for the Turin side.

Jul 11, 2011

Former Juventus defender Fabio Cannavaro, who ended his professional career at the weekend, has stated that he considers the 2006 Serie A title to be his and added that the Turin side will remember it as theirs, too, despite the Calciopoli scandal striking it from the record.

Juventus finished first in the table in 2006, but their title was eventually taken away from them and handed to Inter because of their involvement in the scandal.

"I feel that the 2006 Scudetto is mine and Juventus will remember it as theirs, regardless of what the statistics say," Cannavaro was quoted as saying by La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

The 2006 Ballon d'Or winner then went on to defend former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti, who has been accused of trying to influence results during his spell in charge of the Giuseppe Meazza side.

"I want to point out Facchetti was an extraordinary man. During the under-21 years he taught me a great deal and I will always take his lessons with me.

"Even if he made some mistakes, the man himself must not be attacked."

Cannavaro is not the first high-profile name who has moved to defend Facchetti as current Inter president Massimo Moratti and former Italy international Gigi Riva previously spoke highly of the deceased Inter legend.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

FIGC decides Inter will keep 2006 title

following latest Calciopoli investigations

The Italian FA (FIGC) has ruled that Inter will not have the 2006 Scudetto revoked

but Juventus may appeal the decision to the high court of justice.

Jul 18, 2011

Inter will keep the hotly-debated 2006 Scudetto after the FIGC on Tuesday decided there are no legal grounds to revoke it from the Milan-based side and hand it back to Juventus.

FIGC's federal council met in Rome and approved the legal decision not to revoke the Scudetto, stripped from Juventus, and handed to Inter in 2006.

The council held a deliberation and the decision was passed with just one negative vote, and two abstained votes.

The decision comes less than a month after the FIGC said Juventus had no chance of having the title handed back following an appeal they lodged based on Calciopoli 2 proceedings at the Tribunal of Naples.

Juventus tried to show from evidence that has emerged in court that Inter were also involved in Calciopoli having contacts with referees and designators at the time of the scandal.

However, the Italian FA has decided there are no legal grounds to take the title away from Inter and there is also no chance of the title being reassigned.

Despite the decision, La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport reports Juventus may appeal the FIGC's position by taking their fight to the high court of justice at the Coni (Italian Olympic Committee).

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus will appeal against FIGC's decision

not to strip Inter of 2006 Serie A title

The Turin giants are not ready to throw in the towel just yet, and have vowed to continue

their battle for 'justice and equality' as the Calciopoli scandal continues to drag on.

Jul 18, 2011

Juventus have revealed they are displeased with the decision of the Italian FA (FIGC) to allow Inter to keep the 2006 Serie A title and will appeal the ruling.

The FIGC announced earlier on Monday there were no legal grounds to revoke the 2006 Serie A title handed from Juventus to Inter as a result of the Calciopoli corruption scandal five years ago.

However, Juventus have not given up on the case just yet, and have confirmed they will continue with legal action until what they describe as a 'fair decision' is made.

"The decision of today's Federal Council confirms a completely different treatment for similar situations," a statement released by the former Italian champions reads.

"The petition submitted 14 months ago by Juventus allowed for a deep examination, unfortunately not followed by any acceptance of responsibility by the sports bodies involved, who instead dismissed their political role as governance.

"It is understood that, in order to protect their millions of fans, as well as the shareholders and employees, Juventus must pursue the right and proper verification of facts while looking for treatment equality.

"Therefore, the club

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

FIGC president wanted Inter to relinquish

2006 Serie A title following legal loophole

Italy's football chief feels the Milan-based club should have the ethical sense

to hand back the title after the federation was unable to revoke it due to a legal technicality.

Jul 19, 2011

FIGC (Italian FA) president Giancarlo Abete believes Inter should hand back the 2006 Calciopoli title on the basis of ethics.

The FA decided on Monday there were no legal grounds to revoke the title from Inter because of a statute of limitations preventing them from doing so.

Evidence from the 'Calciopoli 2' trial at the tribunal of Naples has reportedly shown Inter were in contact with referees and designators at the time of the scandal.

Yet, because of the statute of limitations, the Italian FA were unable to find a way of stripping Inter of the title, meaning Inter hold on to the 2006 Scudetto in the history books.

"I hoped that Inter would

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

John Elkann hits back at Massimo Moratti

over 2006 Calciopoli title remarks

Elkann asks Italian authorities to treat the Turin giants with fairness over the widely

debated 2006 title, which has caused another row between the clubs involved.

Aug 12, 2011

Juventus chief John Elkann has told Inter president Massimo Moratti to mind his own business over the Turin club's pursuit of the 2006 Calciopoli Scudetto.

Moratti recently told Juve president Andrea Agnelli to 'go on holiday' rather than worry about going to the CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) to have the 2006 title reinstated, after the Italian FA refused to accept their legal appeals last month.

Furious at the remarks made by the Inter supremo, Elkann has now hit back: "It's always right to listen to men of a certain age, but Juventus plan their own holidays," he told Il Corriere dello Sport.

"Agnelli has acted coherently and asked for Juventus to be treated fair and equally. If this is not the case then it means there is something to hide.

"It's now down to Juventus to judge who is guilty or innocent, but we just want to be treated like the rest."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Juve want Inter thrown out of Europe!

Sep 10, 2011

Juventus have asked UEFA to kick Inter out of the Champions League, as the legal battle over the 2006 Scudetto drags on.

The Bianconeri lost their initial bid to have the title revoked when the FIGC ruled it was not competent to take such action, as the statute of limitations had expired.

However, on Friday the appeal to the Italian Olympic Committee

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus to learn 2006 Calciopoli

Scudetto fate on December 13

The Turin club will learn whether they will regain the stripped trophy in three months time

when their case is heard by the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Sep 15, 2011

Juventus will find out whether their appeal to regain the 2006 Serie A title has been successful through CAS (the Court of Arbitration for Sport) on December 13, according to Tuttosport.

The Italian giants were stripped of their 2005 and 2006 titles due to the Calciopoli scandal which also saw the Turin side relegated to Serie B.

In July, the club were told by the Italian FA that to revoke the decision to award Inter the Scudetto would be outside of their legal capabilities due to the Statute of Limitations, despite proof that the Milanese outfit were also guilty of speaking to referees and referee designators.

However, Juventus president Andrea Agnelli has since appealed the decision to Uefa and CAS, with the former announcing there will be a decision made in the next three months.

President of the board, Giuseppe Scandurra, will oversee the case along with his understudies Dario Buzzelli and Enrico De Giovanni, who will now examine the documentation before coming to their decision.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

'We have found a call that will change everything' - Luciano Moggi

The former supremo of the Turin-based outfit says he will soon reveal a new piece

of evidence which change the course of the infamous telephone scandal in Italy.

Sep 16, 2011

Former Juventus general director Luciano Moggi claims his legal team have discovered evidence of a plot against the Turin-based club.

The 74-year-old has been banned from football for life and is being tried in a criminal court for his involvement in an organised criminal ring which involved a network of phone calls with former referees and designators as well as former FIGC (Italian Football Association) officials.

Last month, the leader of Moggi's legal team Nicola Penta, claimed they had discovered phone calls which raised questions about the actions that have been taken regarding the Calciopoli case.

Moggi himself has now fueled those claims, telling Radio Mana Mana: "Tonight [Friday night] we found a call that will change everything.

"In football, there are some things which are important and invisible, you can never know who is your friend and who is your enemy.

"Unfortunately, when I was involved in football, I did not fight this properly."

The former transfer guru added that this important piece of evidence will be revealed in the hearing on 27 September, when his defence will present their arguments.

"On this day I will speak and you will see that this new element shows the opposite of what they said," Moggi added.

"This interception proves there was a plot to remove Juventus and have others installed at the top."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

'New wiretap transforms Calciopoli'

Sep 17, 2011

Luciano Moggi claims his lawyers have

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Referee told to 'favour the team behind' - The call from before Inter v Juventus

in 2004 that Luciano Moggi will reveal at latest Calciopoli hearing

As the Calciopoli trial resumes in court, the former general director is ready

to deliver another controversial call involving referees.

Sep 26, 2011

Luciano Moggi and his legal team are set to reveal another piece of evidence at the current Calciopoli trial in which it appears a referee designator tells an official to favour Inter, not Juventus.

The 74-year-old has been banned from football for life and is being tried in a criminal court for his involvement in an organised criminal ring which involved a network of phone calls with former referees and designators as well as former Italian Football Association (FIGC) officials.

Ten days ago Moggi said he would reveal "the call that will change everything" when the court holds its latest hearing.

Tuttosport have revealed a transcript of the call Moggi's lawyers will deliver at the Tribunal of Naples.

The transcript is between former referee designator Paolo Bergamo, and ex-referee Paolo Rodomonti who spoke just before the Inter - Juventus clash of 2004 which ended in a 2-2 draw.

At the time Juventus were 15 points ahead of Inter and leading the standings in Serie A.

Bergamo told Rodomonti: "There is a 15 point gap between the teams, make sure you are well prepared psychologically.

"Play your game and if I am to be honest, if you have any doubts then think about the team behind, not the one in front, do you understand me?

"This is between me and you. You know how hard it is to reach the top and if you fall down then it will be silly for you. Be intelligent."

The court hearing resumes on Tuesday.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

'Calciopoli was one big fix', Moggi's lawyer tells court

Another court hearing takes place in Naples and the former Juventus director's

legal team feel the scandal that has rocked Italian football was a set up from the beginning.

Sep 27, 2011

Luciano Moggi's lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi has told the current Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples that the whole scandal is a fix.

Moggi is involved in the civil trial after being handed a lifetime ban by the Italian football authorities following the 2006 scandal.

However, his defence team have been presenting evidence of phonecalls which show a number of other clubs held dialogue with designators and referees.

Speaking at the hearing on Tuesday, Moggi's legal team argued the whole case should be quashed.

"This whole process is a fix," Prioreschi told the court.

"Someone has a joke on the phone and then instantly stands accused. The whole case is like this.

"This is not a legal process, but a manhunt. This cannot be a case as all the calls which would have been useful to the defence team in 2006 were obscured.

"This is an embarrassment and the reason why this process is a fix from start to finish."

On Monday, Moggi's lawyer's said they had a call which alleged Inter were being favoured by referees.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Calciopoli trial details phone calls

Sep 27, 2011

The criminal trial looking into the 2006 Calciopoli scandal is hearing a series of phone calls alleged to have taken place in the run-up to a Juve-Inter match.

The latest phone call set to be played in court, relating to the criminal investigation that alleges influence of refereeing selection and officiating standards, is reportedly between former referee designator Paolo Bergamo and former referee Pasquale Rodomonti.

Their conversation is alleged to have taken place on November 28, 2004, just three hours before Inter played host to Juventus, a game Rodomonti was assigned as referee.

It is claimed in court that this phone call was a direct result of an earlier phone conversation between Bergamo and then-FIGC President Franco Carraro.

In that earlier communication, it is alleged that where Carraro expressed that the 15-point gap between the two teams was not important in the Week 29 fixture, that it was important that there were 'no controversies' from the match, in light of Lega Calcio Presidential elections due to take place the following day.

The court is set to hear this week the resulting phone call between Bergamo and the game's referee Rodomonti.

A transcript of that alleged phone call has already been published and in it Bergamo suggests to Rodomonti that:

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Moggi: 'Calciopoli built on thin air'

Sep 27, 2011

Luciano Moggi claims new evidence shows the Calciopoli trial against Juventus was

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Uefa asks FIGC for clarification on Inter's role

in Calciopoli after Juventus complaint

European football's governing body has asked its Italian counterpart to provide

more information on their decision not to punish the Giuseppe Meazza side.

Oct 6, 2011

Uefa's chief of legal affairs, Pierre Cornu, has sent a letter to the Italian Football Association (FIGC) asking for clarification on Inter's role in the Calciopoli scandal, La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport has revealed.

Juventus recently approached European football's governing body to look into the FIGC's decision to revoke Juventus' 2006 Scudetto and award the Serie A title to Inter instead, as the Turin side feel their Milanese rivals were guilty of the same actions. Their position was backed up by the Calciopoli II case this summer, but no action could be taken due to Italy's Statute of Limitations law.

"Mr President and members of the Italian FA, you will find enclosed a copy of the correspondence sent to us on September 2, 2011 by the president of Juventus," Uefa's letter to FIGC president Giancarlo Abete reads.

"As you can see, Juventus complain that the Italian Championship title for the 2005-06 season was taken from them and argue that Inter had committed actions of a similar nature during the same season, protests that the latter have not received sanctions and invites Uefa:

"1) to comment on how the FIGC carried out their investigation into facts regarding Juventus and - in particular - Inter;

"2) to sanction Inter, pronouncing that the club does not have the right to participate in the Uefa Champions League 2011-12;

"3) to inform Juventus on the measures it intends to take against Inter and the FIGC;

"In short Juventus are asking Uefa to verify that the FIGC did their job well. In the first place, we have no reason to doubt this. However it would be useful if you shared your position with us regarding what Juventus have stated, in order to avoid any future misunderstandings.

"We would require a reply from you by October 19. Then we will decide on the most appropriate action to take. We thank you in advance and remain at your disposal for any further clarifications."

Although it is unlikely that Uefa will interfere in domestic issues, Juventus will be pleased to hear that the governing body is showing an interest in the matter as they continue to fight for the 2005 and 2006 titles that were taken away from them.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Tribunal to rule on Calciopoli

Oct 20, 2011

The Arbitration Tribunal for Sport has set a November 3 date to rule on the contested 2006

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Ibra on Calciopoli

Nov 8, 2011

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

logo.png

Juventus 'not involved in Calciopoli'

Nov 8, 2011

Juventus claim the civil trial confirmed the club

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus claim court decision proved

they were not involved in Calciopoli scandal

The Italian giants are unhappy that their appeal for damages has been turned down

as they were allegedly deemed not-guilty of the events related to the football scandal.

Nov 8, 2011

Juventus claim that the Tribunal of Naples has ruled they had no connection with the events related to the Calciopoli scandal.

The Serie A side's former general director Luciano Moggi has been condemned to over five years in prison after being found guilty of sporting fraud.

After being stripped of two Serie A titles as a result of the Calciopoli events, Juventus filed a request for damages, which was refused by the court on Tuesday.

"Today's decision stated Juventus' non involvement with the matters charged," a club statement read. "The Club was taken to the court of Naples as civilly liable entity by way of objective liability according to Art. 2049 Italian Civil Code.

"The decision emerged from the result of a thorough hearing and from the analysis of all evidence, clashed with the reality of an inaccurate sports law which severely penalized Juventus, the sole club damaged due to the removal of two titles - following the victories achieved on the pitch - with consequent relegation and related extensive losses.

"Juventus will continue their legitimate campaigns in order to restore the equality of treatment."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

filogo.png

Juventus distance themselves from Calciopoli

Nov 9, 2011

Juventus states the civil trial surrounding Luciano Moggi and calciopoli confirms their non-involvement in matters relating to the scandal.

Moggi was found guilty of sporting fraud and sentenced to five years jail by the tribunal but will appeal, while Juve claims it will continue in their bid to regain lost Scudetti after its appeal for damages was rejected.

A statement on the club

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

41565_157605524250079_2449_n.jpg

Whats in a name? Luciano Moggi demonstrates

Nov 13, 2011

When Luciano Moggi attended this year

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti