Vai al contenuto
Accedi per seguire   
gsol

Calciopoli & Scommessopoli In English

130784 messaggi

imagegoalcomconcept2sub.jpg

Ancelotti Gives Evidence In Court, Luciano Moggi Claims

Juventus Left It Late For 2006 Title Revocation Request

Goal.com rounds up the biggest Calciopoli stories of the day...

May 11, 2010

The Calciopoli trial in Naples resumed on Tuesday, and all the hype was around Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti, who was called in as a witness.

Judge Teresa Casoria got proceedings underway at 10:15 CET and the hearing started with Pierluigi Pairetto's defence team asking the court if they could present a further 50 calls to be transcribed on top of the 74 that were handed over by Luciano Moggi and have already been accepted.

Public prosecutor Giuseppe Narducci, prosecuting, questioned the request though. He told the court: "These calls have been available for three years and no one has ever asked for them. Why are the defences asking for them now?"

Narducci then asked the court for permission to obtain the transmission of the programme 'Matrix' that was recently aired on Italian television in which Moggi spoke about the Swiss SIM Card affair.

As the hearing continued, it was revealed that the FIGC's own investigation into the batch of new evidence in Naples has been put back further. They will not be able to get to work until a further 60 calls have been transcribed. The earliest investigation start date has been estimated for June 18 - when the World Cup is in full swing and two days before Italy's second Group E match against New Zealand.

There was then a media scrum in room 216 of the Tribunal of Naples as Ancelotti arrived. Order was soon restored and the Chelsea manager was questioned by the prosecution who began to examine him over his time at both Milan, and his previous spell at Juventus.

In particular Ancelotti reflected on the 2004-05 season.

"My sensation is that Milan felt defrauded," he told the court.

"As for Moggi, I had never seen him in the referee dressing room when Milan played Juventus because I was not there. But, [Gennaro] Gattuso did tell me that he saw Moggi in the referees' dressing rooms after a Milan-Juventus match."

The match in question was Juve's 1-0 win at San Siro which meant they won the title. Pierluigi Collina was the referee in that game.

The prosecution continued to ask Ancelotti about Moggi, and the coach denied knowledge of any conditioning of the league fixtures.

Having heard a brief statement from Fabio Vignaroli, Judge Teresa Casoria then adjourned the hearing until May 25, when the prosecution will question Manchester City coach Roberto Mancini.

Meanwhile, Moggi has slammed Juventus for not taking action earlier in relation to their request to have the 2006 Scudetto revoked from Inter. On Monday the club lodged a formal request with the football authorities to launch an enquiry as to whether there are grounds for Inter's title to be stripped following the emergence of calls involving the club at the trial.

"They [Juventus] should have done it before, but it is also good now," he told the press outside court.

Ancelotti was also asked what he thought about Juve's move, but the newly crowned Premier League champion declined to get drawn into the subject.

The case continues.

Condividi questo messaggio

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus 'Confident' Following 2006 Scudetto Revocation Request

The Bianconeri are hopeful their request to have the 2006 title revoked from Inter will stand up...

May 12, 2010

Juventus lawyer Michele Briamonte has said he and the club are "confident" in relation to their request for the 2006 title to be revoked.

The club lodged a request with all Calcio authorities, including Coni and the FIGC, asking for the 2005-06 title to be revoked based on the emergence of calls involving Inter and referee designators at the Calciopoli trial in Naples.

Many will remember that the sports trial into Calciopoli four years ago saw Juventus stripped of two Scudetti, one of which was handed to Inter - the 2005-06 title.

FIGC president Giancarlo Abete acknowledged the club's request and said they willconsider it.

And Briamonte is confident that the club will get a response soon.

"We are very confident," he told the press in Milan.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi's SIM Card 'Confession' To Be Used In Court

May 12, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi appears to have scored an own goal after revealing he gave foreign SIM cards to referee designators, as Judge Teresa Casoria has granted a request by the prosecution to obtain evidence in which he made a confession.

During Tuesday's hearing at the Tribunal of Naples, the prosecution led by Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano lodged an appeal with the court to obtain the transmission of the 'Matrix' programme in which Moggi spoke about the SIM card allegations.

And their request has been granted by the court. The prosecution said that Moggi made "confessionary declarations in relation to the possession of SIM cards and he said he gave them to Paolo Bergamo, Pierluigi Pairetto and Romeo Paparesta, the father of former referee Gianluca".

During the next hearing, scheduled for May 25, the prosecution are likely to question Moggi on the SIM card affair in which he is alleged to have maintained a network of communications with designators and referees - something he has always denied in court.

That hearing should bring the prosecution examination to an end, and signal the beginning of the defence work in which Moggi's lawyers are expected to call in a number of witnesses in relation to the way in which the original investigation was carried out.

One of Moggi's lawyers, Maurilio Prioreschi, has raised new questions over the credibility of the original Calciopoli trial in 2006 in which the lead investigator, Colonel Auricchio, allegedly overlooked evidence.

"We want to bring home a result, and that is to aquit Moggi. The investigation was always aimed with one objective, to hit Juventus and Moggi," the lawyer told Tutti Pazzi Per La Juve.

"This was made clear by Auricchio himself. The investigation was not carried out properly and this is a crime."

Prioreschi seems certain that former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti had asked for a specific referee for one of their games.

"I think it was Facchetti who pronounced Collina's name, but whoever said it doesn't matter because that transcript has to be read like the rest," he added.

That particular call is being transcribed by Roberto Porto, the man tasked with transcribing all the calls that have been accepted by the court thus far.

As the trial in Naples continues, Juventus are looking at the possibility of applying for the revocation of the original sentences from 2006 in which they were stripped of two Scudetti and sent to Serie B.

Tuttosport claims Juventus lawyer Michele Briamonte is studying the law closely to see whether there is a possibility of having those sentences cancelled.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
478 messaggi

One thing I don't understand (in either language .uff ): are Juve asking for the Scudo to be returned to us, or just revoked from Inter?

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Carraro Says Handing Inter 2006 Title Was A Mistake

As Moggi Hits Back At Guido Rossi

May 14, 2010

Former FIGC president Franco Carraro has hit back at Guido Rossi after he accused both he and Luciano Moggi of handing Inter the title in 2006.

Juventus' official request to have the 2006 title revoked has been met with a wave of responses by those who sat down at the table to hand Inter the title four years ago following the sports trial into Calciopoli.

Guido Rossi, who was the then FIGC commissioner who handed the title to Inter, claimed that Moggi and Carraro ensured the Scudetto headed to Milan because of the Calciopoli scandal.

"I did not assign the 2006 title, Moggi assigned it with his behaviour. And I also add Carraro, who was president of the FIGC when it was hit by the biggest scandal in football. People seem to forget things, but even Carraro took responsibility back then," Rossi told ANSA.it late on Thursday night.

But Carraro has hit back firmly, insisting he had always behaved correctly.

"All the judicial organs acknowledged that I had behaved well from all points of view; penal, administrative, accountability and sports categories," Carraro said in a statement, as reported by the Italian press.

"I was correct. Guido Rossi was wrong to assign that title. I resigned from my position at the FIGC for objective responsibility in 2006 without the need for anyone to ask me.

"I think that Rossi, thanks to his quality and his relations, gave an important contribution in 2006, but he, like many others, also made mistakes, and one of those was giving Inter the title."

And it wasn't long before Luciano Moggi jumped on the wagon to fire across his views about Rossi's comments.

"After being denied by the federal president Sandulli, who said that the assignment of the title to Inter was forced, all we need now is a cheeky face to make these comments," Moggi told Tuttosport.

"Why doesn't Rossi tell us what he knows about Telecom Italia and the wiretaps they made to the detriment of referees, players, clubs and the FIGC.

"Why doesn't he tell us how he would have behaved in 2006 if the phone calls emerging now had come out back then.

"I think he ought to be quiet because the title will head back to its place thanks to those who are honest."

Juventus are currently working to see if they can have the 2006 title revoked from Inter following the emergence of calls involving the Nerazzurri and referee designators at the current trial in Naples.

The FIGC have since welcomed the request and said they will be looking into the scenario.

Meanwhile, extracts from a call involving the current referee designator Pierluigi Collina and former secretary of the CAN (Italian National Referees Commission), Maria Grazia Fazi, have been published.

At the time, Collina was a referee, but Fazi invites him to apply to become a designator once Paolo Bergamo's and Pierluigi Pairetto's contracts expire. Fazi suggests Collina will have the power to gain preference over other candidates with some pushing and shoving.

An extract of the call, as published by Il Corriere Adriatico reads:

Fazi: Have you decided whether you will continue to referee?

Collina: I don't know, and it doesn't depend on me, but what they want me to do.

Fazi: Think about it well Pierluigi. Today you can do it, tomorrow you never know. I have heard some hallucinating names in the federation.

Collina: Like?

Fazi: Like [stefano] Braschi and [Tulio] Lanese who wants to put his foot in it, and if he does then he will not go away easily.

Fazi: You can get rid of... but then others... If those two [Pairetto and Bergamo] stay then they can guarantee you another year, and then you can come in, think about it. I can tell you all the movements and then you can draw your conclusions.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
2080 messaggi

One thing I don't understand (in either language .uff ): are Juve asking for the Scudo to be returned to us, or just revoked from Inter?

Just revoked, for now... This is the first step, hopefully not the last.

By the way, amazing Canadiens! Good luck against Philadelphia.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Meani Questions 2006 Phone Tap Investigations

Former Milan referee attache questions why other clubs were treated differently to Inter...

May 20, 2010

Former Milan aide to referees Leonardo Meani has given his account into Calciopoli in relation to the trial at the Tribunal of Naples.

Meani, who is alleged to have spoken to a number of referees and designators at the time of Calciopoli four years ago, admits to having had contact with various figures, but he has questioned why Inter were never probed after calls involving individuals from the club emerged at the current trial.

"After having heard things of all colours, I want to give my own version. It's not to go against someone, but to give an explanation of the facts, the reality that I lived," he is quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

"I knew many referees and designators from the time. And it was hard to say 'let;s not see each other anymore' just because they were referees.

"Milan were not a lump of power. Maybe I was the one who analysed everything carefully about what used to happen. I arrived at certain conclusions, but not with certainty, but by analysing certain dates and things."

Meani then said what Carlo Ancelotti told the court during last week's hearing - that Milan felt 'defrauded' following a goal that was, they feel,wrongly disallowed.

"After Siena-Milan a rage of anger exploded. Ancelotti said he felt defrauded. I saw Mazzei in the stands. He said he was going to have a word with me, but then he disappeared," he added.

"I called him and he explained that the linesman was crazy after he ruled out Shevchenko's goal. So I asked for two intelligent linesman. And I asked him to send me someone who was awake but understood I did not want any gifts."

Then he took a shot at former Juventus chief Antonio Giraudo, suggesting he made comments that he was pleased Milan had been disallowed a goal during the game.

"I was rather different to Giraudo. He had a different role to me. And then he called Mazzini (former FIGC vice chief) to tell him that 'our friend in Siena was excellent'.

"And, in the Chievo - Milan match there was nothing to suggest anything.

Meani then questioned why calls involving Inter never emerged at the sports trial in 2006, despite evidence available at the time.

"I have maximum respect for Giacinto Facchetti, but even I questioned as to why I was wiretapped for three months for an inferior phonecall, where as with his phone, well, it was never put under control.

"If this was supposed to be an equal investigation, how come not even the president Moratti's phone was tapped? Maybe nothing would have happened, I don't know. But the levels of control with them were different.

"I don't want to see Inter penalised, but what I ask is why others were treated differently when the calls were the same as Milan's? Milan should have won that Scudetto [2004/05]."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Roberto Mancini Gives Evidence In Court, Luciano Moggi

Challenges 'Defrauded' Claims & Another Inter Call Emerges

May 26, 2010

The Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples resumed on Tuesday and the prosecution attorneys Stefano Capuano and Giuseppe Narducci were keen to question former Inter coach Roberto Mancini.

The hearing started with Judge Teresa Casoria calling Mancini to the witness dock and Capuano started his examination. He was keen to hear Mancini's evidence in relation to whether Moggi had a system which he used to influenced referee designators and referees.

The court heard how four years ago Mancini alleged Moggi had some sort of influence, but he appeared to give a different version when asked by Capuano to explain what he told investigators in 2006 during the original trial.

Mancini told the court:

"At the end of a Roma-Inter game, which ended 3-3, I told the referee [Roberto] Rosetti that him and his friends in Turin would have paid everything? I referred to Moggi, the referee is from Turin and therefore the link was easy."

"But I didn't really want to say anything in particular. When you feel like you have been wronged after the game you say certain things in the heat of the moment.

"I remember the game, but not any moments that were contested. Neither do I remember shouting 'disgrace' to the referee during an Inter-Lazio clash, but I did have regular problems with referees.

"I saw Moggi near the benches only during extra-time in a Italian Super Cup match in Turin."

Moggi was not present in court as Mancini continued to be questioned. His session was brief though, speaking to the prosecution team for just 20 minutes.

Once Mancini left room 216 of the Tribunal of Naples, Moggi turned up. And he was keen to respond to Carlo Ancelotti's statements from a fortnight ago when the current Chelsea and former Milan boss claimed he and the Rossoneri felt 'defrauded' during the 2004-05 campaign.

That season Ancelotti's men lost to Juventus on the final day - a result which handed the Old Lady the title, only for it to be revoked following the 2006 Calciopoli trial.

Moggi attacked Ancelotti's words, claiming that referees who were allegedly involved with him made errors in favour of Milan. He argued that he and Juventus felt defrauded.

"The man responsible for referees at Milan, Leonardo Meani, is part of the club's structure. In the games against Parma, Reggina and Atalanta, refereed by Pieri, Racalbuto and Bertini, replays show they had made errors which had favoured Milan," Moggi told the court.

"If, like alleged, these referees were part of the so-called dome, then their decisions would have been different. Listening to these things, those who were defrauded were us."

The trial was adjourned and will resume on June 1. The case continues.

Meanwhile, another phone call regarding Inter has emerged and it was published in Tuttosport.

In it, former referee Paolo Bertini speaks with former referee designator Paolo Bergamo in which he alleges former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti put pressure on him before a game inside the referee's dressing room.

The game was a Coppa Italia semi-final first leg between Inter and Cagliari on May 12, 2005. It ended 1-1.

Here is an extract from the call:

BERGAMO: Those from Inter protested a little... when?

BERTINI: Eh, I didn't notice. But at the beginning of the game Facchetti came into the dressing room to say hello like always. He said: 'This is game 13 you know. For now we have won four, drawn four and lost four. This is not good for Inter.' Therefore we prepared the game in a certain way.

BERGAMO: Mm, mm.

BERTINI: It was not nice, he was not nice.

BERGAMO: You have to speak to him... be more tranquil on the pitch. I had already spoken to him about this before. He [Facchetti] doesn't understand anything.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Former Referees Tell Court There Was

"No Pressure" To Favour Teams

Referees claim they were never under pressure to favour teams during Calciopoli...

Jun 1, 2010

The latest hearing into Calciopoli took place at the tribunal of Naples on Tuesday and the main protagonists were former referees and referee draw co-ordinators.

They were questioned by both the prosecuting team of Stefano Capuano and Giuseppe Narducci, and the defence team of former referee designator Pierluigi Pairetto.

Of all the former referees, linesmen and other witnesses called to the dock, none of them told the court about receiving any pressure to favour certain teams.

First up was former referee Stefano Farina. He told the court that he never received pressure from the referee designators.

"There was never any pressure on referees to favour teams including Juventus or other sides.

"As for referee draws that were allegedly tricked? No."

Antonio Loli, who at the time was the notary that used to oversee the draws for referees, said he never had any suspicion on rigged draws.

He argued that draws were conducted fairly and accurately as he was examined by the prosecution.

"Everything that was related to these draws was written in the rulebook that has been obtained by the court. No one could see the contents of the draw balls. I never had any suspicion of irregularities," the notary said.

Current referee designator Pierluigi Collina was expected to give evidence at the hearing, but he was absent, the court citing family reasons for his non-attendance. However, he is expected on June 8 when the trial resumes.

There will be three further hearings on June 15, 18 and 22 before the summer break. The next round of hearings after that date will take place in October.

Judge Teresa Casoria summed up the hearing, but before she adjourned the session former referee Massimo De Santis produced a handbook from the FIGC in 2004 which showed guidlines on how club directors should interact with referees inside dressing rooms.

The prosecution tried to object to De Santis from showing the court the document, but Judge Casoria allowed him to.

The court heard how directors were allowed to visit referees in the changing rooms before and after games, but the men in black were not allowed to accept gifts of excessive value.

De Santis told the court: "If this was available during the original trial then we would have known things that we are only discovering now.

"People say Moggi used to visit referees in dressing rooms, but everyone knew what could and couldn't be done."

The handbook was deposited as part of the hearing's evidence.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Court Told Referees Were Not Under Pressure

To Book Players That Risked A Suspension

Former linesman claims referees were not under pressure to book players risking suspension to favour one team and hinder another...

Jun 8, 2010

The Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples resumed for the latest hearing on Tuesday and prosecutors Giuseppe Narducci and Stefano Capuano were keen to continue their examination of former referees and linesmen in relation to allegations that draws for referee assignments were rigged.

It follows last week's hearing in which referees claimed there was no external pressure from club directors.

After a brief statement from Judge Teresa Casoria at the start of the hearing, the trial was adjourned after witnesses called in by defendant and former referee designator Paolo Bergamo failed to show up for various reasons.

It left Casoria less than impressed. She told the court: "Can you let Pierluigi Collina know that I expect to see him next time. Everyone knows he must attend."

The current designator was absent aftrer being granted special dispensation from the court for legitimate reasons. He will be present next Tuesday.

Luciano Moggi's lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi issued a roll call for witnessses he will call into the hearing next week. The list read out in court included a number of former referees, directors and key figures from the Calcio world. FIGC president Giancarlo Abete is among the witnesses.

He was expected in court today and next week, but he was and will be absent because of commitments with Italy, who fly out to South Africa for the World Cup tonight.

He explained his absence via a statement.

"I will not be able to attend because of the World Cup, but I have given my availability after that," he said.

Abete also confirmed he will receive an update from the FIGC over proposals to radiate Moggi from football by the end of the month.

Meanwhile, the hearing continued and prosecutors questioned former referee's assistant Alessandro Stagnoli over allegations that referees were under pressure to book players who risked suspensions.

Stagnoli, who is Collina's assistant designator at the national referees committee, told the court: "Bookings that were aimed? We never knew those who were on the verge of being suspended.

"We had never discussed anything like this. We were not interested in these things."

Stagnoli was then asked of his relationship with Moggi.

"I only had contacts with Moggi when refereeing his teams. The relationship was a cordial one," he said as the defence tried to dismantle allegations of an exclusive relationship with the former Juventus chief.

The case continues.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Angry With Italian FA After Dinner With Bologna

Chiefs Costs Them A Three-Month Ban

Moggi blasts the FIGC over the Bologna president ban, as well as Inter's alleged shady deals with Genoa...

Jun 23, 2010

Luciano Moggi has turned his fire on the Italian FA after Bologna president Francesca Menarini received a three-month ban for having dinner with him.

The Menarini family, who own the Emilia-Romagna-based club, had treated Moggi to dinner several months ago, but they never expected the bill to come to a three-month ban for an involvement with the currently banned former transfer chief.

And neither did Moggi, who was left with a sour taste by the FA's decision to punish the Bologna chief.

"The sentence from the FIGC against the Menarinis for having entertained me at dinner is a story that borders on the theatre of the absurd," Moggi told Libero.

"Since I am no longer part of the Federal administration following the unfounded condemnation of July 2006 [Calciopoli], I have long been a private citizen. Obviously, the sports justice system does not cease to persecute me, exposing a serious liability for unlawful interference in private dimensions, such as the dinner."

Moggi then turned up the heat on the FA, asking them what punitive action they would take against Genoa and Inter following the alleged irregularities in the transfers involving Diego Milito and Thiago Motta in which an investigation from the FIGC is ongoing.

"If the Menarinis were give a three-month ban for dinner, what will happen to Preziosi and Massimo Moratti after the Motta and Milito deals?"

The Italian FA are currently investigating the allegations against Inter and Genoa after Preziosi admitted he had instigated the deals last year while serving a ban from the game.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Italian Football Is Dead - Luciano Moggi

Moggi has relaunched his attack on the FIGC...

Jul 16, 2010

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has accused FIGC president Giancarlo Abete of "killing Italian football" as he launches a sharp sting on the powers that be.

His attack follows on from Inter striker Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola, who claimed Abete should resign from his post at the helm of the Calcio tree.

He even claimed Balotelli would boycott Serie A because of measures Abete introduced which limits foreign transfers.

And Moggi has taken his argument even deeper in his Tuttomercatoweb.com comment column.

"Shooting at Abete now would be like taking the last brick away from a house that has fallen," Moggi blasted.

"Italian football is rebelling against absurd decisions from one man that is slowly killing our football.

"Euro 2012, Euro 2016, Sepp Blatter that gives the World Cup presentation to Vieira, Donadoni's flop at the Euro 2008, failure in South Africa. Is that not enough? No.

"We also had to add the fact that we changed coach of the national team while one was still in position. These were suicidal and illogical strategies.

"Italian football has had enough of Abete, not me who is in the past, but the football league and its 20 presidents. Someone please save us."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi Responds To Zamparini's 'Inter Are The New Juventus' Barb

Former Juventus director Luciano Moggi has hit back at Maurizio Zamparini's criticism of Inter.

Sep 21, 2010

Former Juventus transfer director Luciano Moggi has responded to Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini, who compared Inter to the Old Lady of times gone by.

On Monday Zamparini claimed "Inter are the new Juventus" as he took a stab at both clubs after feeling Palermo were wronged by the match officials following their 2-1 loss to the champions.

The referee system will not be overthrown from fragmentary evidence dished out in Palermo, but Zamparini's daggers were sharp enough to cause blood. Moggi though responded with bare teeth and clawed hands.

"Zamparini was speaking about power, but he needs to be more specific," Moggi told Sport Italia.

"I also saw an interview he gave to Il Corriere dello Sport in which he said we were heading back to the times of Calciopoli.

"Zamparini must say whether those involved in Calciopoli are still in it, or whether they are out of it seeing that football is getting worse."

Juventus director general Giuseppe Marotta led a staunch defence of his club following Zamparini's comments. He said: "Juventus have always won fairly."

Moggi declared his position on that belief.

"Marotta's response was congenial. Everyone knows what the problem is," he said.

"The problems came from Piedmont and everyone sat at the table because it was appetising. Getting rid of Juventus meant taking away a team with leadership, a side that allowed others freedom.

"Lotito said this is a new era? In the previous era he was called to judgement. Everyone should be quiet."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Massimo Moratti On The Defensive

At Juventus' Revoked Scudetti Appeal

Inter president insists the decision to revoke two Scudetti from Juventus during Calciopoli was the right one.

Sep 23, 2010

Inter president Massimo Moratti believes Juventus are chasing a useless extravagance in their pursuit to have their two Calciopoli-revoked Scudetti handed back.

Bianconeri president Andrea Agnelli is paying close attention to the FIGC's own investigation into the Calciopoli 2 trial in Naples. He has promised he will fight to have the titles restored.

But Moratti is highly sceptical and claims Agnelli's journey of discovery won't yield the titles that were taken away, one of which was handed to Inter.

"I saw everyone really happy after the meeting [between Giancarlo Abete and Agnelli]. It means both of them have a common line," Moratti told Sky Sport Italia.

"I, however, have no need to go to see Abete. The Scudetto was revoked rightly and it was a normal consequence. I stick with my ideas, but not because I am an Inter fan."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

I Was Never Put Under Pressure

To Influence Games - Pierluigi Collina

The Calciopoli trial has resumed at the tribunal of Naples and there was plenty of debate.

Oct 1, 2010

Former Serie A referee Pierluigi Collina said he felt no pressure from designators and other figures when refereeing games as the Calcipoli trial in Naples resumed following the summer recess.

Collina told the court how he was never pressured into influencing the results of key fixtures between 2004 and 2006 as Luciano Moggi's legal team called a number of witnesses to give evidence.

FIGC president Giancarlo Abete, general director Antonello Valentini, Collina, Milan chief Adriano Galliani and Luciano Moggi were all present.

But the emphasis focussed on Collina as Moggi's lawyers fired away with the questions.

"I never received any pressure from the designtors to favour Fiorentina," Collina told the court in relation to Juventus' 3-3 draw against the Viola in 2005 in which Fabio Cannavaro had a goal disallowed.

"Was there an issue about Cannavaro's goal or non goal? Yes, the assistant said the ball had never crossed the line and play continued.

"I remember the coach of Juventus [Fabio Capello] said the ball crossed the line, but after the game I had another look and I don't know whether it had gone in. It depends how you look at it."

Ex-referee Daniele Tombolini was also questioned as to whether the ex designators Paolo Bergamo and Pierluigi Pairetto pressured him to influence games.

"Pressure from Bergamo to referee in a certain way? No. Did Pairetto ever tell me to favour any team? No, never," the court heard.

Journalist Fulvio Bianchi, who took part in the draws for referees taking matches said he never suspected any irregularities in terms of certain referees being appointed for certain teams and games - a hot potato at the trial.

"I remember picking Racalbuto for Roma - Inter, he refereed poorly, but the draw was regular. There was not hot or cold balls or any pressure otherwise I would have informed the notary," said Bianchi.

Former Roma director Franco Baldini was also summoned. He explained how relations with Moggi deteriorated.

"We had a formal relationship. Was it good or bad? none of those. It was normal," Baldini told Moggi's lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi.

"Did I say they were poor? It became poor."

The trial continues on October 12 when Inter president Massimo Moratti is expected to give evidence into the wiretaps that show a number of figures from the club at the time had spoken with referees and designators.

Moggi's lawyers presented another 120 calls to the court today, but the judges will decide whether to accept the evidence at the next hearing.

Meanwhile, the FIGC's own investigation, a sports inquiry similar to that that saw Juventus stripped of the their 2006 titles has begun in Roma.

FIGC investigator Stefano Palazzi is looking into the calls that emerged in Naples after they were transcripted during the summer by an independant investigator and acquired by the association, keeping one eye on how the trial unfolds in Naples.

The FIGC had promised to launch their own probe into the way the titles were revoked and assigned during the original sports investigation in 2006 following the evidence which involves Inter.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Italian FA To Question Whether It Was Right

To Hand Inter 2006 Title Based On Tribunal Of Naples Evidence

FIGC to examine evidence from Naples trial and decide

whether it was right to assign Inter 2006 Scudetto.

Oct 8, 2010

The Italian FA's (FIGC) attorney Stefano Palazzi is ready to question whether the decision to assign Inter the 2006 Scudetto was correct, and he will use around 100 transcripted wire taps that have been acquired from the tribunal of Naples.

For those that have been following Calciopoli proceedings in Naples, Luciano Moggi and his legal team have been arguing that a number of clubs and their directors, including Inter also had regular contact with referees and designators between 2004 and 2006.

Based on what has come to light at the trial, Juventus have been pushing the Italian FA to launch their own enquiry to establish whether they could have their revoked Scudetti returned - one of which was handed to Inter during the original enquiry in 2006.

And it's that Scudetto that now hangs in the balance, according to La giornalaccio rosa dello Sport.

They claim Palazzi will use the evidence he obtained from the courts to answer the question everyone is asking - whether it was right to hand Inter the title. Of course, back in 2006 the evidence that has emerged in Naples - over 171,000 wire taps - some of which involved Inter, were not available at the time for reasons Moggi claims relate to tampering of evidence during the original trial.

Palazzi will be keen to unravel the calls involving the then Inter president Giacinto Facchetti and designators in which he allegedly asked for Pierluigi Collina to take charge of a match between his side and Juventus. That particular game ended 2-2 and was not refereed by Collina.

Another call involves Facchetti moaning about certain linesmen. Palazzi will also listen carefully to the call between Facchetti and ref designator Paolo Bergamo. And there are also allegations against Facchetti in which has was seen in the referee dressing room during a Serie A game - this evidence is not yet available to Palazzi's own investigation, but the court of Naples will decide on whether he can obtain it during Tuesday's hearing - Massimo Moratti's presence is expected in the court.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

There Was No Proof To Punish Luciano Moggi

& Juventus In 2006 Trial - Calciopoli Policeman

A policeman who was involved in the 2006 Calciopoli proceedings

has said Juventus and Luciano Moggi were punished without evidence.

Oct 9, 2010

Juventus should never have been stripped of two Scudetti and sent to Serie B as part of the 2006 Calciopoli investigation, claims a policeman who was a key witness in the original proceedings.

Franco Zampa, a policeman and Juventus fan, has published a book on the scandal that rocked Italian football, and that still continues to send shockwaves through the game in light of proceedings at the Tribunal of Naples in which Moggi and his legal team have shown the law courts evidence that involved other clubs.

As part of the sports trial four years ago Juventus were revoked two titles and sent to Serie B. But, Zampa claims that should never have happend and bases his claim that there was never any proof to show that either Juventus or Moggi had influenced referees.

"I want this book to let everyone know there is another truth to the one described by the media," Zampa, the author of the comic book

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

2006 Revoked Scudetti Ruling Can Be

Overturned - Luciano Moggi's Lawyer

One of Moggi's lawyers has given Juventus hope in relation to revoked Scudetti.

Oct 11, 2010

Juventus' hopes of seeing the two revoked Scudetti from Calciopoli returned have been given a boost by one of Luciano Moggi's lawyers.

Paco D'Onofrio, who is acting on behalf of Moggi and is an expert in sports law, has said the rulings from the 2006 sports trial, which saw Juventus revoked of two Scudetti and sent to Serie B, can be overturned.

And he claims there is no need for the FIGC to wait until the end of the current trial at the tribunal of Naples to make a decision. For their part, the Italian FA have been looking at evidence from the ongoing trial in relation to making their own enquries in 2006.

"To ask for a review of the 2006 process there is no need to wait for the outcome from Naples," the lawyer told Radio Power Station.

"A large number of proof has emerged compared to 2006, therefore we would just need the new wiretaps and all the witness statements that have come out from the trial in Naples to totally overturn the sentence of 2006."

The trial in Naples, in which Moggi has shown a variety of club directors, spoke with referees and designators, is expected to resume on Tuesday.

Over 171,000 wiretaps have emerged at the trial, material of which was not available during the original trial in 2006, and which some argue would have seen a different outcome four years ago.

On Saturday, a policeman who was involved in the 2006 proceedings claimed there was never any evidence to punish Moggi or Juventus.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Roberto Rosetti: No Pressure On Referees

Lead Investigator In 2006 Trial Faces Prosecution

The Calciopoli trial resumed at the tribunal of Naples...

Oct 12, 2010

The Calciopoli trial at the Tribunal of Naples resumed on Tuesday, and the hearing focused on key statements from former international referee Roberto Rosetti, Milan defender Alessandro Nesta and Lazio midfielder Cristian Ledesma.

Judge Teresa Casoria was keen to hear Rosetti in relation to allegations that referees were pressured into favouring a number of teams and players.

Rosetti was questioned in particular on a Lazio - Fiorentina clash in May 2005 in which he missed a clear handball offence inside the box from the then Lazio player Luciano Zauri.

Replays showed had he seen the offence it would have constituted a red card and penalty for Fiorentina.

However, Rosetti said he missed the handball, and thought Zauri had cleared the ball with his head.

"I never received any pressure from the designators. The error on Lazio - Fiorentina? I saw a header, not a hand. At the interval I was told it was involuntary and that only Giorgio Chiellini noticed the hand," Rosetti told the court.

"It's only human to make mistakes. But the thing is I never made an error in the game. I just didn't see the handball.

"If I had seen it I would have awarded a penalty to Fiorentina and sent off Zauri. I didn't because I didn't see it.

"The shot was so strong that not even the players noticed, and the commentators on television said it was a foul only on the fourth time of watching."

Lazio's Ledesma was up next and he told the court about a Lecce - Juventus clash. The game ended 1-0 to the Old Lady, but there were questions surrounding whether it should have been played due to adverse weather conditions.

"Lecce - Juventus? The pitch was heavy, but no one asked for the game to be called off. The heavy pitch did not favour Juventus."

The referees for that game allowed it to go on, despite the conditions.

Nesta was also called to the witness bench. The Judge was keen to discover whether he was given a yellow card on purpose so he could be out of the Milan - Juventus game of that season. One of the allegations was that Moggi had told referees to book players facing suspension ahead of key matches. But Nesta's response suggested that was never the case.

"I can barely remember that season, let alone suspensions. But the referee Massimo De Santis never booked me during Fiorentina - Milan, and so I was able to play against Juventus," he told the court.

Following that statement, the court heard how at the time of the original investigation, the then leader of enquiries, Colonel Auricchio had discarded 136 wiretaps that would have proved pivotal in 2006.

Those new wiretaps were presented by Luciano Moggi's defence team, and the Judge will decide whether to include them in the trial next week.

For his part, Auricchio faces criminal charges for false witnessing and tampering of evidence. A lawyer working on behalf of De Santis who is one of the accused at the trial made clear he would be launching a prosecution against Auricchio in relation to the hidden evidence that has come to light now, but was available and never used four years ago.

Alessandro Del Piero was expected in court to give evidence, but the court heard how he was not notified in time. Judge Casoria said he would be required to turn up and could be present at next Tuesday's hearing when proceedings resume.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Del Piero On Revoked Scudetti

Tagliavento Insists No Pressure On Referees

Alessandro Del Piero believes Juventus' revoked Scudetti were won fairly

as the Calciopoli trial resumed in Naples.

Oct 19, 2010

Juventus striker Alessandro Del Piero insists the two Calciopoli-revoked Scudetti were won fair and square as the trial into the football scandal resumed at the Tribunal of Naples on Tuesday.

Del Piero was called in by the defence team representing former referee Massimo De Santis.

Once in the witness box, Del Piero answered questions from De Santis' lawyer Paolo Galitelli who started by asking him about the Lecce - Juventus clash of 2004 when conditions relating to the pitch saw both teams question De Santis who was in charge of the game.

"I have won 17 trophies, not 15," Del Piero told the court, referring to the revoked titles, as Luciano Moggi, present for the hearing watched on.

"I remember the Lecce match. The pitch was difficult and the referee was De Santis. I remember he inspected the pitch before kick-off, and then we spoke about the state of the pitch with him.

"I think the conditions were ok to play on the pitch. Before the game myself and the Lecce captain spoke to the referee. The attitude before the game was to play it.

"We had a strong team technically and wanted to play on, even though the conditions were not ideal."

Del Piero was then crossed-examined by the prosecution counsel Giuseppe Narducci.

He asked about Zlatan Ibrahimovic's sending off against Inter which saw the Sweden man suspended for the Scudetto showdown between Milan and Juventus.

De Santis was also the referee in that game.

"I remember the Inter match of the 2004-05 season and it led to the Ibrahimovic ban for a foul on Cordoba. The referee did not book Ibrahimovic, but sent him off.

"It was a big damage to us because if he booked Ibrahimovic then he could have played against Milan," the court heard.

"All the Scudetti that have been won, including other teams have been deserved."

Paolo Tagliavento, a referee, was also called to the dock, and, like Pierluigi Collina, and Roberto Rosetti in previous hearings, he maintained the line that referees never received any pressure from designators to help or hinder teams.

"I had never received any pressure," he said.

The hearing concluded with De Santis' lawyer Galitelli confirming that Zlatan Ibrahimovic will be called as a witness to next week's hearing when the trial resumes.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Inter Won't Give Back Revoked Scudetto To Juventus - Julio Cesar

:|

Inter goalkeeper is holding onto the 2006 Scudetto and is reluctant to hand it back to Juventus.

Oct 22, 2010

Julio Cesar has challenged authority by claiming Inter won't hand back the 2006 Scudetto to Juventus as the Calciopoli storm rumbles on.

Inter bagged the title despite finishing third in the table as it was handed to them as part of the 2006 sports trial.

However, Juventus have been given a source of hope of getting it back by the FIGC, who confirmed they would be investigating evidence at the court of Naples, where an ongoing 'Calciopoli 2' trial is taking place.

But Julio Cesar is in defiant mood as he dodges ideas of handing it back.

"Hand it back? After all that happened

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Moggi's Legal Team Present More Evidence

& Renounce Statements From Massimo Moratti

Luciano Moggi's legal team have renounced evidence from Inter chief Massimo Moratti as trial resumes.

Oct 26, 2010

The Calciopoli trial at the tribunal of Naples resumed on Tuesday, but there was no statement from Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The former Juventus and Inter striker was expected to give evidence, but was excused with the Rossoneri justifying his absence by claiming he is following a specific training session at Milanello.

Once proceedings started, the big news came from Luciano Moggi's defence team.

They have decided they no longer want to hear evidence from Inter president Massimo Moratti, and Marco Tronchetti Provera.

Instead, they have plans to use evidence in relation to a separate case in which they stand accused of spying in the Telecom spy scandal.

Moggi's Lawyer Maurilio Prioreschi confirmed his position in relation to Moratti and Inter.

"We renounce every statement. We prefer to deposit the sentence on the Telecom spy scandal which also damaged Moggi," the court heard.

"There are transcripts emerging relative to all the games that have come under question.

"I want to underline though that I find unexplainable that there are no transcripts whatsoever in relation to the games that came under investigation. And for this reason we renounce the statements. But there is a chance of inserting new calls that emerge on a daily basis."

Next up was Mauro Bergonzi, a referee at the time of Calciopoli. He made it clear there was never any pressure on the officials to favour one or another team - following the line of most officials who have all claimed there was never any upheaval.

"I never received any pressure or threats from anyone to referee in favour of or against teams," Bergonzi told the court.

"There was never any pressure in terms of booking people or to break the play when someone was in an advantage."

A linesman from Juventus' game at Parma in January 2005 answered questions in relation to Massimo De Santis' refereeing of the encounter.

De Santis was accused of favouring Juventus. But the linesman expressed his ideas as he reflected on the game and key decisions.

"I remember the match. Juventus protested for a penalty that was not given to them following a hand ball on an [Alessandro] Del Piero header.

"The game ended in a draw, but I cannot criticise De Santis for not giving the penalty to Juventus."

De Santis' lawyer then asked the linesman about a controversial clash between Inter and Juventus.

He claimed to have made errors against Juventus which favoured Inter, but they were mistakes, nothing more.

"De Santis refereed an excellent game against Inter. The Nerazzurri won 1-0. I remember it well," he told the court.

"I made a mistake and disallowed a David Trezeguet goal. I realised after that it was a mistake. It was a mistake and that's it though, but De Santis did not criticise it."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Luciano Moggi: Calciopoli Never Existed

Former Juventus director claims Calciopoli never existed and there was never any match fixing.

Oct 29, 2010

Luciano Moggi insists the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal never existed, and he is fighting to prove that claim in the trial of Naples.

Juventus believe they have legal grounds to launch an appeal to have their revoked Scudetti back and they are waiting for the FIGC to open an inquiry into the on-going proceeds of the Tribunal of Naples.

Moggi has uncovered a patchwork of evidence at the trial in which he and his legal team have shown a number of clubs spoke to referees and designators.

And he is adamant that Calciopoli never existed, and, it could have all been avoided had Juventus taken the right steps to defend themselves during the initial conflict four years ago.

"People have tried to give me a different image to what I am. Those who trust certain newspapers see me as a guilty man of a system which never existed. And yet they go on," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

"But they need to be careful. The winds are now changing and they risk catching a cold.

"In terms of the revoked Scudetti, it's an old problem. Juventus have a right, but it was not defended when they could and should have asked for the reassignment. They just needed to appeal back then and it would have changed history.

"Juventus would not have been relegated if they appealed. People are starting to see who was right and who was wrong after four years.

"We never told anyone 'let us win games', but others did."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

Juventus Will Have Scudetti Restored; Inter Will Have

Title Stripped Based On Naples Trial Evidence - Nicola Penta

Juventus have a good chance of having revoked Scudetti handed back based

on Calciopoli trial in Naples, claims Luciano Moggi's legal advisor.

Nov 2, 2010

Juventus have a good chance of having their Calciopoli-revoked Scudetti restored, and Inter have every chance of losing the one that was handed to them based on the 2006 sports trial, claims Luciano Moggi's legal counsel.

Nicola Penta, a lawyer and Calciopoli expert who has been advising Moggi in the criminal process in Naples, strongly believes the evidence that has emerged at the trial gives Moggi a strong case of walking free and being aquitted from Calciopoli, and Juventus an opportunity to have their revoked titles restored.

Those who have been following the trial in Naples will have seen Moggi and his legal team provide crucial evidence, which was not available in 2006, showing clubs including Inter had contact with referees and designators - thus throwing out the allegations that Moggi had exclusive dealings with key figures.

Based on that mountain of evidence, which includes over 171,000 wiretaps, a fundamental reassesment of the whole Calciopoli process is unfolding, Juventus have launched their own appeal to have the titles restored, and the FIGC are launching an investigation into their requests.

Penta was asked by Radio Power Station what could be expected from the trial when it reaches its conclusion in the spring based on how the process has developed thus far in Naples.

"If there is a total acquittal of Moggi then there will be the possibility for the defendants to ask for the revocation of the 2006 sports trial and this is very important because article 39 states that in the presence of new facts and the acquittal of referees and directors, then the 2006 sports trial could be re-opened. In that case Juventus can ask for the restoration of titles because it is no longer an automatic fact," said Penta.

"We have to be optimistic for the restoration of the Scudetti. The parameters with which Juventus had their titles stripped are the same with which Inter were handed theirs, therefore I hope justice takes its course.

"Will Inter have their title stripped? Yes, I believe so. This will be the first thing.

"Those who have been following the trial in Naples know that all the witness statements have been relevant because they have disclaimed the accusations [against Moggi and other defendants]."

Inter president Massimo Moratti was expected to be called in by Moggi's defence team as a witness, but they have decided against it.

Penta explained: "Moratti at the trial? Wasting time with certain people has no sense because things that were supposed to be explained have been explained and things that needed to be understood have been too."

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti
130784 messaggi

There Were Never Any Favours For Fiorentina - Dino Zoff

Dino Zoff gives evidence at the Calciopoli trial in Naples in relation to Fiorentina's involvement.

Nov 9, 2010

The Calciopoli trial at the tribunal of Naples resumed on Tuesday, albeit for a rapid hearing which involved former Fiorentina coach Dino Zoff.

Zoff was called in as a witness by Fiorentina's Della Valle owners and their lawyer Francesco Picca.

The court was keen to hear whether Fiorentina had pressured individuals, or obtained favours to help them escape relegation when Zoff was at the helm in 2005.

Zoff was asked by Picca whether he was aware of any favours of advantages that helped his side.

"In my career I have never received any indication of these things," Zoff told the court.

"I have never been informed of any interventions. No, absolutely not."

Zoff was also asked what he thought of Luciano Zauri's handball clearance off the line for Lazio against Fiorentina - an incident that was missed by the referee Roberto Rosetti, and one that has caused controversy ever since.

"I don't think the referee saw this incident, as for the rest I even struggled to see it from the bench," the court heard.

In a previous hearing, Rosetti confirmed that he has missed the incident involving Zauri.

Judge Teresa Casoria adjourned the hearing for November 16. Casoria also took the opportunity to tell the defence teams that witness interogations must finish on November 23.

Link di questo messaggio
Condividi su altri siti